Latios @ Leftovers
Ivs:29/X/29/29/31/31
EVs: 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spd
Nature: Timid
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute
~ Rest

negator's latios.Don't get any better then this.

lucario @ salac berry
Ivs :30/X/28/31/31/31
EVs: 6HP/ 252SpA / 252Spd
Nature: Modest
~ Aura Sphere
~ Dark Pulse
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute

thanks to expert evan yet AGAIN.

So this is the team i finally put together.

First run sadly i lost at 75 cause of a gay missclick.Wanted to charm salamence but sadly clicked switchroo instead.Then got owned by stab outrage.long battle but in the end,it ended up w/ my latios against his mence.
im at 100% while he's at like 2 %,survived ,he survived +1 dark pulse+2 confusion hits.anyways after coming back and outrageing twice,he outspeeds lati(Expected)then crits w/ outrage.Could i have survived that?probably not.

i think i have learn't how to play w/ this team well enough.After all,on like battle 54 or something.I owned gay metagross.para-hax FTW.

Thanks to jump for letting me use his team and im on my second run.currently on 21.used chomp instead of lop till now but ill use lop from now.pokemon are weak but practice makes perfect.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hi yeah you may want to actually look at my EVs for lucario, otherwise the QC metagross is going to shit on you, though i guess there's only one instead of two

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
rofl I am the luckiest person on earth right now. Check this out and see how the AI failed to put me away: 50-73295-15293

Anyway, I'm on a good Battle Tower run.. I won't post the streak until it finishes to keep things simple, but at least instead of getting haxed at 69, I haxed to win there this time.

ahh,shit.just assumed the eves were 252/252/4
well ill change eves and then proceed from 21.Il update once I hit 105 that isif i hit 105 :p

lol Diana - 5hp is cutting it close. But it had to be Argron next. I was thinking why didn't you sub/roost again with Dragonite before outraging?
And good luck with the rest of your streak.

Me and my friend got an 82 win streak on the link battle battle tower on Diamond/pearl
Mike's comments are in Brown, While mine are in Green.

Starstreak
Starmie@ Choice specs.
Timid 252 spe 252 spA
~Water pulse
~Psychic
~T-bolt
~Ice beam
Very standard, nothing special to say about it.
Gets Bolt/Beam coverage, stab to kill neutral stuff
and just generally worked well. Named after
Starstreak of the Powerpack, this guy got us
out of lots of tight spots and got hit by ALOT
of Gallades Leaf Blades. The other lead was...

FatClawsv2
Weavile@ Focus sash
Jolly 252 Spe 252 Atk
~Fake out
~Counter
~Night Slash
~Ice Punch
I named it this because I had remade it
from my old weavile, and the free turns
Fake out allowed were vital to us getting
this far. Countering the Gyro Ball's of nearly
every steel type (and weezing :S) made it
work as well, although there were some
metagross' packing flash cannon that screwed
us over sometimes. We discovered the Weavile
/Starmie combination in earlier winstreaks
(hitting 50 twice) with other pokemon for the
other two and then picked the other two pokemon
for their synergy and strong stats. They were...

Apocalypse
Garchomp@ Yache Berry
Jolly 252 Spe 252 Atk
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Swords Dance
~Stone Edge
This guy played extrmely well, boosted
EQ's hitting everything on the map apart
from my partner, who i will get on to in a
second. All Of my pokemon are name after
marvel characters, and i aptly named him
"Apocalypse" because he usually spells
the end for the enemy. Finally....

Fat Blue
Azelf@ Life Orb
Calm nature (yeah I knows its bad) 252SpA, 252Spe, 4Hp
~Psychic
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot
~Nasty Plot
This was the other set-up pokemon
on the team and I used it to deal with
anything that needed sweeping up.
Paired well with Toby's Garchomp
because it dodged the earthquakes and
hit anything that dodged them with
boosted stab psychics. Overall, an awesome
combination. Named because all of my team
are named "Fat... something" :P

Sorry about the photo, it decided it wouldn't accept us resizing it

We just lost to a sheer colding articuno
and a sheer colding lapras lead with infinite
luck, 2 hits in a row -_-, which cained
garchomp and starmie, Fake Out only worked
on one of the 2 and I chose Lapras, believing
Starmie could 0hko Articuno but it had a Wacan
Berry, and then it was weavile being teamed
upon by Raikou and lapras, managed to get
Raikou low while Lapras rested and Weavile
died, Azelf finished Raikou and Lapras sleep
talked Sheer Cold and missed, then sleep
talked rest as I nasty plotted then, as I knew
the AI uses sleep talk on the turn it wakes up
from rest (silly AI) from previous experience
with resttalk lapras packing sheer cold, I was
able to 2hko it without dying with Psychic.
Froslass came out and outsped due to my nature
and 0hkoed with Ominous Wind despite calm SpD
boost :(. So basically, hax beat us.

What he said :(

Toby Jezard + Mikeyfalcon

Diana

lol Diana - 5hp is cutting it close. But it had to be Argron next. I was thinking why didn't you sub/roost again with Dragonite before outraging?
And good luck with the rest of your streak.
Well Dragonite's last time vs. Aggron gave me a KO... And I was south of town without my Pokemon list so I forgot Aggron had Fire Punch. But rofl, it Metal Clawed.

Anyway, my streak ended at 90. Sticky Hold Muk, Focus Sash Electrode, and Ice Beam Articuno. Too bad that team laughs at mine so badly...

Cresselia @ Choice Scarf
Bold
252 HP/4 Def/252 Speed

Trick
Flash
Reflect
Thunder Wave

Do I need to say it's a jump special moveset? lol seriously, It can pretty much trick anything (other than Sticky Hold Pokemon, I had to face 5 leads with Sticky Hold on my streak which was annoying), then start to Thunder Wave. Reflect can help against Physical attackers, and special ones (and sometimes physical as well) gets Flashed. Once that's over I get to go to one of my other two Pokemon to set up.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Roost
Substitute

I tend to bring Dragonite on Fire, Water, Ground, Fighting, and special Electric moves, along with any status/stat-lowering Pokemon. From there, it's standard: Sub, roosting as needed, and Dragon Dance to +6 if possible. I've seen +6 outrage OHKO some really bulky Steels, so there's not much stopping it from there.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Brave
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Defense

Swords Dance
Roost
Bullet Punch
Superpower

I bring this in on any moves not taken by Dragonite and start Swords Dancing, obviously Roosting a bit as I go. +6 Bullet Punch is obviously the love of this set, OHKOing all kinds of things. I've seen it OHKO things like Moltres and most Raikou and Zapdos. Alongside that, Superpower is here, mostly for slow Steels and things like Skarmory, who aren't dealt with too well with Bullet Punch.

lol I really doubt you guys needed that much text because people have seen Trick teams before, but you know, it's there for the people who haven't.

Anyway, I tried Machamp in the Battle Hall. There's one major problem: It attracts hax. 1 Hypnosis, 1 Confuse Ray, and 1 Ice Punch freeze later, and I'm back to typical scarfkiss. Now if only Argenta didn't pull out Zapdos on me in battle 50 there...

Scizor @ Life Orb
Brave
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Defense

Swords Dance
Roost
Bullet Punch
Superpower
ROFLMFAO

brave nature.surely you need some speed to attack w/ superpower.
that's why jump gave eves to spe,to outrun some crucial stuff.

As for roost>sub
that's pretty bad as jump has gone to great length's to explain sub and what a sexy move it is and how crits just rape evrything in the tower.

#1 move used in tower=substitue.

Nice variet on the team though.I like dragonite,Just found sala superior in that slot cause of intimidate and higher base spe.
But i guess cause of the higher spD,dragonite wins.

update : im on 35 w/ jump's team.hopefully this run will see 150+

Diana

ROFLMFAO

brave nature.surely you need some speed to attack w/ superpower.
that's why jump gave eves to spe,to outrun some crucial stuff.

As for roost>sub
that's pretty bad as jump has gone to great length's to explain sub and what a sexy move it is and how crits just rape evrything in the tower.

#1 move used in tower=substitue.

Nice variet on the team though.I like dragonite,Just found sala superior in that slot cause of intimidate and higher base spe.
But i guess cause of the higher spD,dragonite wins.
lol I just got annoyed with breeding and I'm not patient enough to pass up every stat but Special Attack above 25. Also, Roost has saved me so many times I'm not about to pass that up.. I'd rather put sub over superpower than Roost to be honest.

Diana

yeah and i just realized night' has jolly,since your DDing to+6,to ensure ko's on plus steel's go admant perhaps.
Did I put Jolly, seriously? @_@ Okay, I'm just so used to putting jolly dragons down, the Dragonite I used really is Adamant, sorry.

Anyway, I might rebreed that Scizor if I stop being so lazy...

I think this team can reach heights if scizor is changed to jump's.But idk,just my opinion
No, i agree. Also, i would put those speed evs on dragonite somewhere else, considering you will face a paralyzed pokemon most of the time when setting up. Although this team is just getting more and more like Jumps if that happens lol.

Breeding is annoying to put it lightly.
I have finally got a decent ived Salamence (28/29/18/x/16/29) for the hall, at 120 now and have already faced dark and ice. Already having trouble from brightpowder and lax incense. Also Ryperhior can be a treat, i faced him at level 88 and with 403 attack and EQ, it is a 3 hit KO (just). I really don't want to face this at lv 100, and i see it has Quick claw. Oh well, at least the AI was dumb enough to use Rock weaker first.

toldamin, no swagger on Latias.
I can see the stratergy here, but honestly replace metagross - to have 2 steels is not a good idea. Use a stat-upper sweeper instead.
Edit: sorry

Hey fellow BTers. what do you think of this Tower team...

Latias
Levitate - Bold - Choice Scarf
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
~Trick
~Charm
~Swagger
~Flash

Leads like Jump's Cresselia, with Charm and Swagger instead of TWave and Reflect. Idea is to Swagger the SpAttackers and Get Metagross in there for a Bullet Punch sweep after he uses Psych Up. If you smell a physical attacker charm them three times or flash immediately if you are unaware. Trick anything threatening to boost or if it's bulky.

Metagross
Clear Body - Impish - Focus Sash
252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 SpD
~Reflect
~Psych Up
~Light Screen
~Bullet Punch

After three Swaggers this tank can come in and Psych Up when Latias dies and proceed to Bullet Punch sweep the nation. Focus Sash is to make sure he gets one turn to set up defenses or power up. If things go wrong with Latias and Swagger wasn't used this bugger can set up defense for Scizor.

Scizor
Technician - Adamant - Life Orb
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower

Another Jumpman standard, comes in after things have been Tricked or Charmed and sets up three swords dances and a sub. Bullet Punch or Superpower the world until it's destroyed. This Scizor also complements Latias's weaknesses very nicely.

I think this team is seriously viable (I've been testing a Trick Latias, SubDance Scizor and Blissey team and it works wonders, but the potential for a sashed metagross is nice). What do you all think?

Oh, sorry thanks for adding comments.
Nice to see somthing different, But i dont se the point of light screen on meta - how about another attack sience your only attacks are steel and fighting atm.
Is this theory, or have you tried this team?

Oh, sorry thanks for adding comments.
Nice to see somthing different, But i dont se the point of light screen on meta - how about another attack sience your only attacks are steel and fighting atm.
Is this theory, or have you tried this team?
i've done this latias/scizor combo with a blissey (at 80 wins currently). i want to abuse psych up somehow and metagross seems like a perfect candidate.
i could run a jolly metagross with speed and thunderpunch for gyarados/dragons/bulky waters.

Diana

The only reason I'll keep the speed is for the things I can't outspeed if I can't paralyze them anyway, I had quite a few moments that I was really glad to have it.

And I am rebreeding the Scizor, and since I've got the egg locked into adamant now, I can take a few tries at a time at my leisure, as long as I don't save after getting the egg I'm fine, I can even go do the facilities when I don't have the egg, especially since I'm focusing on the Hall and Factory at the moment.

Also, I like the idea of abusing Psych Up, sounds like a fun way to go.

Platinum Battle Factory, Single, Open Level (45)

I traded quite a few times, but the three in my team when I lost were:

Ursaring@toxic orb
Adamant atk/hp
-Protect
-Superpower
-Crunch
-Facade

Lapras@Leftovers
Adamant atk/hp
-Curse
-Ice Shard
-Aqua Tail
-Avalanche

Garchomp@Brightpowder
Jolly atk/spd
-Sandstorm
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Double Team

I ended up ultimately losing to ResTalk Sheer Cold/Fissure Walrein after protecting to activate Ursarings toxic orb and quick feet, and then superpowering the opposing Steelix only to fail to KO it and eat an Earthquake in the process. Garchomp came out and finished off Steelix with an Earthquake of its own, and was then faced with Walrein. Earthquake missed, which made me furious that a 100% accurate move could do that until I found out that particular one was holding lax incense... It then Sheer Colded my Garchomp and Lapras was unable to do any serious damage before being Fissured to death as well..
I may try and get my Gold Print later, but reaching 45 only to be double OHKOed has put a slight damper on my Battle Factory quest..

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8362/photohin.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo quality, I took it with my iPhone..

Boo, I just lost in Double Battle Castle with 60 streak and 732 CP using this team:

Lead #1:
Weavile / Jolly / Pressure / @Focus Sash
IVs: 21 / 31 / 22 / x / 24 / 31
EVs: 4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
Fake Out / Brick Break / Ice Punch / Night Slash

Lead #2:
Porygon-Z / Timid / Download / @Focus Sash
IVs: ?? / x / 27 / 30 / 30 / 31
EVs: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Speed
Tri-Attack / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / HP Ground 69

Gyarados / Adamant / Intimidate / @Lum Berry
IVs: 27 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
EVs: 84 HP 252 Attack 172 Speed I think (whatever it was to outspeed +115s after 1 DD for lvl 50)

Yeah, as I was going through my battles I knew it's not going to last too long, because I saw so many things that could have gone wrong, and finally one of them did and ended my streak. Basic strategy was just to kill off the opponent's leads quickly and then double target the last one, then get lots of CP. If PorygonZ can kill both opponents' leads but Weavile can't, then Weavile can Fake Out one while Porygon Z kills one, and then next turn kill the other. Something like that. I didn't have a Ditto that could easily breed for HP Fighting, so I figured Ground is just as good. Tri-Attack/ShadowBall/HP Ground misses the neutral coverage on Skarmory, so Thunderbolt does the job.

I lost to a team of electrics. Luxray & Electivire leading. I decided that Electivire will be a bigger threat, and I'm not sure if PorygonZ will outspeed, so I decided that Weavile should fake out Electivire while P-Z HP Ground. Well, that didn't kill Electivire, while Luxray Signal Beamed Weavile to red. I decided that Luxray will signal beam Weavile again, and Electivire will probably use a fighting move on Weavile, so I decided it's now a good time to switch in Gyarados for Intimidate, since Weavile is still useful for faking out later on. Electivire was Jolly and therefore faster than P-Z, but it missed with Cross Chop. P-Z finished off Electivire, while Luxray did use signal beam on Gyarados. JOLTEON comes out, so things didn't look good, as that thing might even outspeed Weavile. Gyarados is still out, but there isn't much I can do, so I'll just hope Jolteon Twaves Gyarados instead of Tbolting. Gyarados picks EQ while P-Z picks HP Ground on Luxray. Jolteon used TBolt to kill Gyarados, while P-Z did >50% damage but didn't KO luxray. Luxray used T-Wave on P-Z. Now my low health Weavile comes back out.

I had 2 choices here: 1) Fake Out Jolteon while P-Z hopefully doesn't get fully paralyzed and finish Luxray off, or 2)Hope that Jolteon isn't +speed so Weavile can hopefully kill off Luxray with Ice Punch while Jolteon kills off Weavile and P-Z attack jolteon with HP Ground. I decided on 1), because it's the safer option, since I was pretty sure that HP Ground wouldn't OHKO Jolteon with its base 95 sp Def anyway, so either way it'd be 2HKO, while option one guarantees Jolteon not attacking. So things went according to play. Jolteon lost 25-ish% and flinched (probably that will be low enough for the OHKO with HP Ground next turn). Luxray finished off Weavile, P-Z finished off Luxray with HP Ground. So, it was my full health focus sash Paralyzed P-Z vs a 75% health Jolteon. Since I say I lost, it's obvious what happened. Jolteon used Thunderbolt (>50% damage). P-Z is fully paralyzed. Jolteon used Thunderbolt again and ended my streak.

There are so many things that could have gone wrong, so yah, it was fun while it lasted. I had a ton of CPs though... which I should have used instead of being greedy and saving up. In the first 21 streaks with this team, I did the +5 Level for every opponent's pokemon and got nearly 50 CP every battle.

I keep saying I'll go back to Single but I never do, so maybe this time I'll actually go back to single for real. I don't even have goldprint for anything yet.

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
rofl I am the luckiest person on earth right now. Check this out and see how the AI failed to put me away: 50-73295-15293

Anyway, I'm on a good Battle Tower run.. I won't post the streak until it finishes to keep things simple, but at least instead of getting haxed at 69, I haxed to win there this time.
If you would have subbed in flareon's face before using outrage you wouldn't have lost, flareon's struggle will never break your sub even if you have a 0 Def IV

also i strongly advise against life orb in the BT and have for years but what do i know =(

Hey fellow BTers. what do you think of this Tower team...

Latias
Levitate - Bold - Choice Scarf
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
~Trick
~Charm
~Swagger
~Flash

Leads like Jump's Cresselia, with Charm and Swagger instead of TWave and Reflect. Idea is to Swagger the SpAttackers and Get Metagross in there for a Bullet Punch sweep after he uses Psych Up. If you smell a physical attacker charm them three times or flash immediately if you are unaware. Trick anything threatening to boost or if it's bulky.

Metagross
Clear Body - Impish - Focus Sash
252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 SpD
~Reflect
~Psych Up
~Light Screen
~Bullet Punch

After three Swaggers this tank can come in and Psych Up when Latias dies and proceed to Bullet Punch sweep the nation. Focus Sash is to make sure he gets one turn to set up defenses or power up. If things go wrong with Latias and Swagger wasn't used this bugger can set up defense for Scizor.

Scizor
Technician - Adamant - Life Orb
6 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower

Another Jumpman standard, comes in after things have been Tricked or Charmed and sets up three swords dances and a sub. Bullet Punch or Superpower the world until it's destroyed. This Scizor also complements Latias's weaknesses very nicely.

I think this team is seriously viable (I've been testing a Trick Latias, SubDance Scizor and Blissey team and it works wonders, but the potential for a sashed metagross is nice). What do you all think?
you're going to have a rough time with heatran, one has focus sash

"also i strongly advise against life orb in the BT and have for years but what do i know =("

you're going to have a rough time with heatran, one has focus sash

"also i strongly advise against life orb in the BT and have for years but what do i know =("
is there anyway around that? what do you think of this team outside of sash'd heatran?

and I agree with life orb, i'd go iron plate or possibly liechi berry/sitrus berry

Diana

Moral of the story: I need to remember to not try to play when I don't have access to my list/a decent calculator. I'll redo that Scizor and put Leftovers on it, though I have to find where my leftovers is first.

edit: lol no wonder I can't find it, I haven't gone to that out-of-the-way part of victory road yet in platinum. Oh well, adventure time.

Jumpman16

bullet punch as heatran's only attack sucks especially against things like slowbro, metagross is never beating that and neither is scizor

also two houndoom have focus sash and could be a little trouble if they dont come out first

ok here's my team that's at 103 wins right now, I think it can handle everything pretty well:

Latias
Levitate - Timid - Choice Scarf
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
~Trick
~Charm
~Thunder Wave
~Flash

Blissey
Bold - Natural Cure - Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Spe
~Aromatherapy
~Seismic Toss
~Shock Wave
~Softboiled

Scizor
Adamant - Technician - Sitrus Berry
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Superpower
~Bullet Punch

Basically I set up trick and TWave a Special Attacker and flash the shit out of them. Charm for a physical attacker or a struggler. Blissey can absorb a bunch of special attacks until they start to struggle. Also aromatherapy if Latias is frozen or scizor is frozen/paralyzed/burned. Shock wave is for double teaming ghosts. Scizor is standard and complements Latias weaknesses too well. Great team up to 103 and I hope to continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)