Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Howdy,

I threw this together in an hour:
http://www.snapperthetwig.com/poke/search.php
It allows you to search a pokemon you encounter in Battle Frontier.

When I figure out how, I'll add a way to check by trainer too.
Nice tool, I bookmarked it.

I just got platinum and I'm taking my shot at the battle factory. Got to round 20 and a flygon fissured my milotic and kingdra, then finished my third pokemon off with a critical hit. I can tell this will be fun

Sooo, I just lost my battle hall streak at 149 with:

Porygon-Z @ Focus Sash
Timid / Download
IVs: 10? / x / 27 / 30 / 30 / 31
- Tri-Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground 69
- Thunderbolt / Conversion

--> Basically I just had Conversion until about 100 streak or so. Conversion changes Porygon-Z to a type that is same as the type of one of its attacks, but not its current type, and Hidden Power always counts as normal, so with Conversion my Porygon-Z always changes to ghost type upon first use. This allows me to beat those vaccuum wave fighting types with much more ease, (well, mainly Gallade, which an unboosted Shadow Ball won't KO). It's also my way of beating the Choice Band Snorlax since Tri-Attack doesn't 2HKO. Well, one thing I know is that this porygon-Z won't beat Tyranitar unless it misses with stone edge and on 2nd turn qc doesn't activate (which was exactly what happened during this run lol), and it also won't beat weavile (I didn't encounter one ... though choice scarf would have been able to beat weavile I believe). Other than those, I didn't do calcs on vsing blissey so I dunno if I will win. Maybe conversion will make a difference, or maybe not.

Anyway, I didn't do calcs on a lot of things, and so... I didn't think that fire types would be threatening, so I left those for later, and... I lost to the choice scarf houndoom which outspeed porygon-Z and 2HKO'd Porygon-Z while HP Ground fails to OHKO. If I had specs or scarf I would have won, but then... I would have lost to the charizard probably. O yah, I think Porygon-Z will lose to Heatran too unless magma storm misses. Well, whatever.

Maybe I will just use a dragon or togekiss and get over with this.

Sooo, I just lost my battle hall streak at 149 with:

Porygon-Z @ Focus Sash
Timid / Download
IVs: 10? / x / 27 / 30 / 30 / 31
- Tri-Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground 69
- Thunderbolt / Conversion

--> Blah, etc :P
I got a streak of 176 with a Yache-Garchomp.
Jolly/Sand Veil
IV: 27/31/23/30/12/31
EV: 0/252/0/0/4/252
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Fire Fang

Outrage anything which isn't 2x weak to Eq, or 4x weak to Fighting or Fire.

A good idea is to start with the types that threaten you the most (for a Garchomp, dark and ice for Weaville, then water for Slowbro.)

I must admit I'ld never had thought of using conversion like that - that was clever.

Well, my Diamond Single Battle Tower run has come to an end on purely human error. I'm a little bit disgusted with myself, but at the same time I'm relieved it's over. Ended at 263 because of my laziness/stupidity.

Latias
Blissey
Scizor
(as posted earlier)

I'll give you the warstory even though it kills me.

Latias v Alakazam

I trick it and obtain the Brightpowder, while it proceeds to Shadow Ball me in the face twice with one critical.

I switch in Scizor, which is my fault. I should've just waited out the 13 turns with Blissey and made the alakazam struggle, but I didn't. Alas, I switch in and take one critical Shadow Ball, Sitrus Berry and Substitute. I swords dance and take another hit. Here's my error. I should've Bullet punched and gone on, but I took another Shadow Ball crit and died.

Blissey went in and killed Alakazam and Jynx, but not before it could use Perish Song. Lols, good run and good luck to the rest of ya!

Platinum Battle Tower Singles Record: 84*

Metagross *Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EV: 252 HP / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Moveset:
~Trick
~Bullet Punch
~Ice Punch
~Explosion

Standard trick lead. I use trick first turn, then switch out to one of the following sweepers. If the locked move will OHKO a sweeper, it will stay in to do damage before dying. Not a pure suicide lead, as I have found the Bullet Punch/Explosion combination very useful for handling focus sash/counter foes.

Gyarados *Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EV: 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe
Moveset:
~Waterfall
~Dragon Dance
~Rest
~Return

The primary sweeper of the team which takes over after the trick. Dragon Dance up to +6 and sweep whenever possible. Rest when he's at risk of getting KO'd by a critical--which I have to watch for constantly. He'll be faster than the locked opponent after 2 dragon dances; 3 at most. I initially started with Ice Fang and Outrage instead of Rest and return, but moved to Rest and Return for the extra bulk and status protection.

Garchomp *Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Fire Fang
~Swords Dance

The secondary sweeper of the team. Nothing I can really add here...he's just the standard Chomp.

I am a long-time Smogon lurker who is finally getting up to speed on the Battle Frontier in Platinum. I am also quite a late-comer to the world of Pokemon, with Diamond being my first game--and almost a year after release at that! My goal with this team was to build a relatively strong team with pokemon easily available in platinum. Nothing fancy for the breeding, just mass breeding 20 or so of each then using the one with the best IVs.

It took me about a dozen runs to finally get everything dialed in with the team and learn to play it correctly. I have Palmer's Heatran to thank for the most work on the team. Even tricked, it managed to kill my Gyarados three times in a row--thus the change to using Rest and Return.

Hopefully more to come!

Not a pure suicide lead, as I have found the Bullet Punch/Explosion combination very useful for handling focus sash/counter foes.
If you trick, you wont need to worry about these anyway.

For Gyarados - 453, Jolteon with focus sash could stop it. This is why so many users use substitute.
Garchomp has the same problem with 712 Weavile and i would guess 757 Garchomp. (off the top of my head, but you get the idea).
Trust me, if there is one pokemon that can potenially stop you, you will be seeing it a lot.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
81-97442-74734

Just thought I'd post this, an amusing battle I had recently :)

Working on 15+ now.

--

So, I'm back up to battles 15-21, and this is my first bit of information:

First out will be a tough, Draco Meteor-using Salamence.

755 | Salamence | Modest | Wise Glasses | Draco Meteor | Hydro Pump | Flamethrower | Ominous Wind | SpA/Sp

And, I think I have a terrible selection of Pokémon to be facing a special attacking Salamence with:

655 | Skuntank | Timid | Shuca Berry | Sludge Bomb | Dark Pulse | Flamethrower | Shadow Ball | SpA/Spe
639 | Granbull | Adamant | Muscle Band | Fire Punch | ThunderPunch | Ice Punch | Payback | HP/Atk
661 | Exploud | Adamant | Life Orb | Facade | Earthquake | Avalanche | Crunch | HP/Atk
670 | Weezing | Sassy | Lax Incense | Sludge Bomb | Thunderbolt | Dark Pulse | Explosion | SpA/SpD
704 | Drapion | Jolly | Scope Lens | Cross Poison | Fire Fang | Thunder Fang | Ice Fang | Atk/Spe
741 | Rhyperior | Impish | Focus Sash | Horn Drill | Avalanche | Payback | Counter | HP/Def

But wait, Rhyperior has a Focus Sash and Avalanche! Maybe that'll be my best bet despite Intimidate. I don't really want to over prepare for Salamence as I need to make a good team as well, though the typings I have aren't great for synergy.

I decide to lead with Rhyperior, and I'll go for Drapion and Skuntank, even though I'll have a x3 Ground weakness, I think the Speed will be best.

Battle 15

So, in comes Salamence, and I send in Rhyperior. Salamence uses Draco Meteor and I survive with Focus Sash. Salamence is OHKOed by Avalanche. Aerodactyl comes in next, so I think "good game..." It uses Rock Slide and Rhyperior is KOed:

I stupidly look up the wrong Aerodactyl...

443 | Aerodactyl | Jolly | King's Rock | Rock Slide | Aerial Ace | Torment | Taunt | Atk/Spe

and send out Draoion, I use Ice Fang and Aerodactyl uses Crunch? I look again and see this:

715 | Aerodactyl | Adamant | Yache Berry | Giga Impact | Earthquake | Rock Slide | Crunch | Atk/Spe

So it does have Earthquake.. and a Yache Berry! Which sucks as I did use Ice Fang instead of Thunder Fang. It then uses Giga Impact on me, which brings me to 65 HP, but now I get the KO for sure with Ice Fang over the two turns. The last Pokémon is Heracross, which isn't the worst thing that could've happened, but it's not the best either.

I go first and hit with Fire Fang which takes Heracross to about 35%, and it flinches! So I use Fire Fang again and get the win. I plan on switching for Salamence now for a Ground immune and more special attacking.

Facade using Miltank is up next, so I keep Rhyperior out first and switch Skuntank for Salamence.

Battle 16

539 | Miltank | Adamant | Salac Berry | Facade | Zen Headbutt | Reversal | Endure | Atk/Spe

Miltank uses Zen Headbutt, I try my luck with Horn Drill lol. It misses, Miltank uses Facade, then I try my luck with Horn Drill again and it hits :D lol. Roserade comes in next but I don't want to switch, and it uses Giga Drain and OHKOes me. I go to Salamence and Flamethrower for good damage.

573 | Roserade | Calm | Big Root | Giga Drain | Leech Seed | Ingrain | Synthesis | SpA/SpD

Roserade uses Giga Drain again, but I hit it with Flamethrower again for the KO. Weavile is next, so I think I have this won. It uses Night Slash so it could be any Weavile, but I hit it with Flamethrower and win.

Next up is Raichu with Thunderbolt.

650 | Raichu | Timid | Petaya Berry | Thunderbolt | Focus Blast | Signal Beam | Nasty Plot | SpA/Spe

I don't bother trading anything, and just hope Rhyperior can do the buisness.

Battle 17

Raichu uses Focus Blast and it hits, I survive with Focus Sash and I use Avalanche. It doesn't KO and Raichu gets a SpA boost..It uses Focus Blast again, and it hits again. I go to Drapion next, Raichu uses Signal Beam which does about 50% and I KO with Cross Poison, only to get Paralysed by Static (that always happens). Espeon comes in and uses Shadow Ball, my SpD is lowered. I hit with Cross Poison for good damage. Espeon uses Grass Knot and I'm KOed.

727 | Espeon | Modest | Lum Berry | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Hyper Beam | Grass Knot | SpA/Spe

I go to Salamence. Espeon uses Shadow Ball and lowers my SpD, while I use Ominous Wind for the KO (but don't get any boosts). Granbull comes in, so I have to rely on Draco Meteor OHKOing to win this. Draco Meteor hits, and it does OHKO, so I win, just.

Next will be Facade Ursaring, but I don't fancy taking anything from my previous battle.

697 | Ursaring | Adamant | Toxic Orb | Facade | Superpower | Crunch | Protect | HP/Atk

Battle 18

I probably won't OHKO with Avalanche, but maybe the poison will help. I hope it isn't Quick Feet. It uses Facade right away, and I use Avalanche. I do less than half (much less than I expected really). Ursaring uses Protect which is fine for me. But then it uses Superpower, which obviously isn't fine. However, it doesn't KO and I KO back with Avalanche.

Forretress comes in next, which I can't do shit all to. Horn Drill sadly can't be used due to Sturdy, and my other moves are all resisted. So I just go for the Counter. Forretress used Dig, so I Counter again. But, it finishes me off. I go to Salamence and use Flamethrower to KO Forretress.

644 | Forretress | Adamant | Leftovers | Dig | Swagger | Toxic | Double Team | Atk/Def

Flareon comes in and I take a punt with Hydro Pump and it misses (I hate that move) Flareon uses Will-O-Wisp. I try again and it hits this time, I don't even KO Flareon and it hits me with Overheat. White Herb removes its SpA lower, while I KO with Ominous Wind for the win.

Next will be a Sheer Cold using Lapras. I contemplate switching out Rhyperior this time.

602 | Lapras | Impish | Quick Claw | Sheer Cold | Perish Song | Sing | Confuse Ray | Def/SpD

Forretress means I won't be OHKOed by Sheer Cold, and I can hopefully switch out on Perish Song and Toxic / Swagger Lapras, I just have to hope it doesn't Sheer Cold on the switch. So I make the trade for Rhyperior.

Battle 19

Lapras uses Perish Song right away, while I use Toxic. Lapras uses Sing and it misses, while I use Swagger. Lapras hurts itself in COnfusion and I Swagger again. We both switch, as Lapras is removed for Muk, and I went to Drapion. I use Fire Fang, while Muk goes for the Ice Punch. This is a battle I won't win if we keep throwing hits at eachother, I decide to switch to Ice Fang and hope for a freeze rather than a burn. Muk uses Poison Jab. I Ice Fang, followed by a ThunderPunch from Muk, I Ice Fang again, while Muk Ice Punches me and I'm KOed. But Muk is on low red HP now. I go to Salamence and use Flamethrower, which KOes Muk. Lapras comes back out, so I switch straight to Forretress. Lapras uses Sheer Cold but it doesn't work. It uses Perish Song next and I Dig. I hit Lapras with Dig and then Poison finishes it off. Kingdra is up next, which uses Twister, and I use Toxic. My song count falls to 1 but I don't want to switch, so I just use Swagger. Forretress faints and I get Salamence in. I use Draco Meteor and get the win.

Psychic Gardedvoir is next, but I can't really do much else so I stick with Forretress.

It uses Charge Beam, and I use Toxic first. It hits me with Focus Blast next, which KOes me. I go to Drapion as I don't want to use Salamence just yet, and use Cross Poison. I get a critical hit and Gardevoir is KOed. Hippowdon is next.. and I wonder whether to take a risk and go to Salamence right away. But I decide against it and use Ice Fang. Hippowdon strikes back with Fire Fang, which fucking burns me. I decide to just keep using Ice Fang and hope for a freeze. Hippowdon flinches. I use Ice Fang again, but Hippowdon's Ice Fang, my burn and the Sandstorm finish me. I go to Salamence, but I'm not sure what to do. Hippowdon is on about 40% HP. I can either risk Hydro Pump, or risk Flamethrower. I'll either miss or won't KO.. I decide to use Hydro Pump and it misses. Hippowdon uses Ice Fang and I lose.

Lame.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Posting because I need to know if this is good enough to let me reach +100 in Battle Tower. Worked for me until #41 but then I accidentally turned off my DS so I dunno. Anyways, I hope I didn't rip this off from someone (and I also hope I can ask for suggestions lol)

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
EVs: 244 HP / 84 Def / 164 Spd / 12 SDef (4 EVs remaining)
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Memento

The standard Trick lead...kinda. Uxie can take blows pretty well and Trick/Thunder Wave them at least. Memento is basically a Dual Screen that lasts forever but doesn't affect Clear Body, and helps me escape stupid stuff like Icy Wind/Rock Tomb/Wobbuffet (though only one). I don't have to sacrifice Uxie right away, but I dunno if Scizor/Latias fails to sweep Mementoing something might help the remaining Poke. Meh not much to say here

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
IVs: 31/6/31/30/31/30
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Satk / 248 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Latias' bulkiness helps take Fire Blasts/Surfs better than Latios (the former nearly killed me when Latias got burned, and Latios would've died). HP Fire is for the only one Shedinja that appears there, though it can also help against Scizors/Metagrosses. Substitute is basically a must to take measures against hax-whether it may be Brightpowder miss, or Quick Claw OHKO, or something faster...

Scizor @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Technician
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 94 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Substitute
- Superpower

Scizor is an absolute menace. The steel typing helps it tremendously in absorbing a good amount of attacks, particularly the ones that hit Uxie super effectively. Sitrus Berry for the lack of better item.

Again, Substitute is a must. It helps Scizor survive an attack from Moltres and KO it with Bullet Punch. Superpower to smash Steels that may survive the Bullet Punch, like Metagross (which Scizor outruns).

Yeah I guess this isn't a record yet

But on the actual topic:
Factory: 21 Lv.50 (and still going)
Arcade: 21 (still going)
Hall: 49 I think (Argenta then metagamed me with Hippowdon when I used Lucario)
Castle: N/A

Nothing to show off here...just move on...

Snapper's tool is pretty awesome ^_^

I got a streak of 176 with a Yache-Garchomp.
Jolly/Sand Veil
IV: 27/31/23/30/12/31
EV: 0/252/0/0/4/252
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Fire Fang

Outrage anything which isn't 2x weak to Eq, or 4x weak to Fighting or Fire.

A good idea is to start with the types that threaten you the most (for a Garchomp, dark and ice for Weaville, then water for Slowbro.)

I must admit I'ld never had thought of using conversion like that - that was clever.
There is really no reason to use Brick Break on Garchomp. It hurts the same as Earthquake against Pokemon who take Super Effective damage from Brick Break.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Posting because I need to know if this is good enough to let me reach +100 in Battle Tower. Worked for me until #41 but then I accidentally turned off my DS so I dunno. Anyways, I hope I didn't rip this off from someone (and I also hope I can ask for suggestions lol)
you didnt technically rip anyone off but if one could argue you did then i would be the one you "ripped off" after deciding on a bulky floating psychic with trick/tw/reflect, a timid lati@s with CM/DP/Sub and...basically the same exact scizor i used on pearl on my cress/latios/scizor team. it doesnt look like youve read any of my posts about it though—judging by your explanation of the strategy and how good sub is to us as if it's nothing anyone here has used before—for the only reason that matters: if you had you wouldn't be posting here specifically asking whether this team is good enough to get to 100 because you'd know the answer is "yes", lol. i'm still at 462 wins in pearl and am around 650-2 with the team period and if you look im sure you can see just how similar your team is to mine so if you know what you're doing you can get to 100 easy

first, hp fire for sheddy alone is a bad idea, use rest. you won't see sheddy after battle 20, and even if you could, scizor completely walls it after it's tricked, no matter what attack it uses.

second, rest and not recover/roost, there's tons of thunderbolts and thunders that you dont want to risk latias getting pared by, and uxie doesn't have flash to lower that accuracy like cress does

metagross can gay you if it CHes through your reflect, you won't be able to TW it if you die which pretty much means scizor loses (+4 SP isn't a guaranteed OHKO)

also yanmega is going to be a pest for you, you dont have flash to deal with it and its bug buzz easily 2HKO and if you dont know which one it is tricking isnt a good idea (tinted lens still cuts scizor's set up turns)

Just lost at Battle 45in the Battle Arcade to Rancher Vern bringing my streak to: 44

The battle played out with me clicking the button that causes no event to happen so that was some good news, the opponent leads off with torterra and I see this a set up time for garchomp which I proceed to do while torterra uses wood hammer bringing garchomp down to 75/185 HP. Torterra takes little recoil damage:

768 | Torterra | Adamant | Quick Claw | Wood Hammer | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Crunch | HP/Atk

Here's where I make my mistake, not checking damage calculations of which would do more, +2 STAB Dragon Claw or a +2 non-STAB super-effective Fire Fang. I should have opted for the latter but, I choose the former bringing Torterra down to a sliver of health while he KO's me with earthquake. I then bring in Flygon and get rid of torterra with a crunch then out comes Dewgong which is bad news for Flygon:

787 | Dewgong | Calm | Chesto Berry | Surf | Ice Beam | Signal Beam | Rest | SpA/SpD

I proceed to do as much damage to it as possible choosing Outrage as my best chance which fails to KO while Flygon is OHKO'ed back with Ice Beam. I bring in my last pokemon, starmie to finish Dewgong off with psychic to bring on the final showdown between starmie and:

790 | Gastrodon | Modest | Wise Glasses | Surf | Earth Power | Ice Beam | Sludge Bomb | HP/SpA

The only thing that starmie poses against this or any gastrodon is psychic so that's what I do, and if I had one extra turn to get one more psychic in to finish this evil sea slug off but, I fail to do so and it ends up KO'ing starmie. My experience with the battle arcade seemed to be more easier than any of the other battle frontier facilities, and I'll try to get a higher streak in the future. I mean seriously 77 is the top streak in the battle arcade by diana which is nuts which more likely than not required a lot of patience with the game board:D

Sitting at 49 in the singles battle castle with a vareint of chinese dood's team!

Starmie @ Choice specs
Timid
252 sp.att/252 spe/6 hp
~Surf
~T-bolt
~Ice beam
~Psychic

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
adamant
252 att/252 spe/6 hp
~Spore
~Sub
~Focus punch
~Seed bomb

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Jolly
40 hp/252 att/216 spe
~Cross chop
~T-punch
~Ice punch
~Eq

Worked well so far.I am going to continue this streak but not for a while as im going to train an arcade team first,secure the gold print there and then continue this streak!

Ugh... I hate it when I lose because I misplayed, since I can't blame anyone but myself, bah. O well. I just got 31 streak on Battle Factory Level 50.

My team was:
413 | Mismagius | Modest | Kasib Berry | Shadow Ball | Power Gem | Magical Leaf | Memento | SpA/Spe
583 | Gardevoir | Modest | Chesto Berry | Psychic | Thunderbolt | Calm Mind | Rest | SpA/SpD
490 | Meganium | Calm | Big Root | Giga Drain | Leech Seed | Toxic | Substitute | HP/Def/SpD

Here was the battle where I lost:
Mismagius VS Gengar
Turn 1:
--> pretty obvious what I'm going to do. Survive the shadow ball with Kasib and KO back with my own shadow ball.

Gengar used Shadow Ball. Kasib Berry lowers damage. It's Super Effective (about 80% damage). Gengar loses 10% from life orb.
Mismagius used Shadow Ball. It's super effective. Gengar fainted.
Opponent sent out Lapras.

Turn2:
--> Not sure what this might be... physical, special, or the QC sheer cold... can be anything, so I decided to stay in to do some damage.

Mismagius used Power Gem! It's Super Effective (about 33%)
Lapras used Sheer Cold! But it missed.

Turn3:
--> I think my only choice is to keep attacking. It didn't seem like it would be 3HKO, so I decided to shadow ball hoping for sp def drop so it would be 3HKO... yah, maybe it might have been 3HKO with power gem, but well, I didn't view this as a mistake.

Lapras used Sing, but it missed.
Mismagius used Shadow Ball (about 30% damage). No sp def drop.

Turn4:
Mismagius used Power Gem. Lapras with red health.
Lapras used Sheer Cold. It's a OHKO!
I sent out Gardevoir.

Turn 5:
Lapras used Sheer Cold. It's a OHKO! Well, bummer... I sent out Meganium.

Turn 6:
Meganium used Giga Drain. Lapras fainted. Opponent sent out Ambipom.

Turn 7:
--> Funny thing is, I just faced an Ambipom in the previous match and Meganium beat it one on one. But, obviously I lost... anyway, this was how. I figured I should probably leech seed first and then either sub or giga drain/toxic, but pretty much, I figured going for defense is what I should be doing. Now that I think of it, I probably should have been giga draining, but whatever.

Ambipom used Fake Out! Meganium flinched (lost about 20%).

Turn 8:
--> Here's where I make my mistake. I used leech seed when I really should have subbed, because I KNOW that the fake out ambipom has protect, twave, and last resort, so it will have to use protect/twave the next turns in order to actually hurt me, which means I can get a sub up and then at least potentially stall it out of last resort PPs. Well, I'll just briefly say what I did instead.

Ambipom used Protect! Meganium used leech seed and gets denied.

Turn 9: Ambipom used Twave! Meganium used Sub, but it's too late already.

Turn 10 - 11: Ambipom last resorts for 2HKO (Meganium got a full paralysis).

IF on turn 8 I Subbed, I would have won (90% of the time), since it'd be like this:

Turn 8: Ambipom used Protect! Meganium used Substitute!
Turn 9: Ambipom used Twave but it failed! Meganium used Leech Seed.
Turn 10- 14: Ambipom used Last Resort! Meganium used Substitute.
Turn 15 onwards, Ambipom has no attacks to attack with. Meganium wins.

Of course, if Lapras's QC + Sheer Cold didn't get through on Gardevoir, I would have won too still probably since Gardevoir's Synchronize would have paralyzed ambipom so meganium can probably outstall ambipom as long as it gets even one full paralysis or if Meganium's HP isn't divisible by 4 (I don't remember), since it requires one last resort to kill gardevoir, while meganium needs to take 4 last resorts with 4 subs.

O well, at least I still got in the rankings... I guess. O yeah, 12 trades.

Now... I actually kind of think that Level 50 isn't THAT much harder than Open Level for the battles AFTER 21. Maybe I was just lucky too. For my 22 to 28 streak, I had a Sitrus Porygon-Z, Yache Flygon (which I exchanged for Bright Powder Garchomp after battle 22), and a Rindo Lanturn, which was a pretty awesome team... other than switching Flygon for Garchomp after the first battle, I didn't need to swap at all, and Porygon-Z took care of almost everything, and when it faints, Garchomp or Lanturn took care of the rest. Well yah, maybe I just got lucky in that streak.

Platinum Battle Hall Single “Record”: 160*

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
6HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

Moveset:
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Crunch
~ Fire Fang

Garchomp is a devastating sweeper that can 2HKO pretty much everything that threatens it in the Battle Hall. Focus Sash allows it to survive one attack but has almost never activated--but this is my first time in the Battle Hall and I haven’t seen the infamous Sash Weavile yet. I haven’t ever been in a situation where Swords Dance or Outrage would have helped (though I just started this facility today, so what do I know?) and Stone Edge is “the worst move in D/P (Jumpman 16).”

I haven’t been defeated yet, and the only type I haven’t completed yet is Electric (thank god they don’t have HP Ice!) but I am a bit worried about what the Hall Matron will use against me in battle 170. Obviously the ridiculously broken Sash Weavile will destroy any Garchomp, but I’d certainly appreciate tips from other Garchomp users on what she will use and how I can improve my Garchomp in order to counter it.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
dont worry about argenta, you should be using outrage over crunch anyway because it's stronger against psychics and ghosts and you have a sash for insurance (you virtually always lose to slowbro, for instance), but dont worry about her, her pokes are completely random. that said, i think ive said enough about why garchomp and salamence are bad ideas after 170, so if you plan on actually going for a record after beating argenta again it's a different story

Currently up to 91 in Platinum Battle Tower with this "original" team :naughty:

Cresselia @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
EVs - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
-Trick
-Flash
-Reflect
-Light Screen

No Thunderwave here, haven't had a real reason to use it yet. Would probably remove Light Screen for it, but that really helps with neutral special hits like Surf and Bug Buzz.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EVs - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang

Blah blah blah come in on Thunderwaves, or after Scizor dies and Outrage the shit out of everything.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs - 112 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Speed (I think =/)
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Roost

Bullet Punch KOs everything after 3 SD's except Steels and some Bulky Waters like Suicune, Swampert, Ludicolo, Vaporeon, which Superpower takes care of.

Too scared to continue D: Oh, and Snapper's search tool is awesome!

SO, I lost my Battle Factory Level 50 streak again, this time at 30, with 10 trades. My team had the Double team toxi-stall Tangrowth, Parafuse (Volt-Absorb) Lanturn, and a yawn Kingdra, got killed by a Roserade. The first two can't really touch Roserade, and I made a mistake by switching in Kingdra instead of letting something die, so Roserade 2HKO'd Kingdra while Kingdra failed to OHKO with ice beam. In this run, I surprisingly only made 3 swaps (i.e. 6 trades) up to 21.

Got 29 wins on the battle factory at level 50.

OK so I started off with the tip that my opponent would be good with the Psychic type. I had absolutely no idea what that meant so I just made my team of Ambipom (529 but pickup... =/), cradily (545), and alakazam (673). I battle some school kid girl first match and she sends out Kangaskhan. then i protect to try and see what set hes running (it cant set up on me since none of them run setup moves besides endure lol). and then I look away while my brother walks in and dont see what move it uses !_!
Its not exactly like any of my other pokemon can switch in so I go to Thunder Wave so that I can Last Resort next turn. It uses Dizzy Punch and puts me at 53.Now I know its 535 but that doesnt really matter since I'd Last Resort it anyways, regardless of the set. (Except it does matter, since 535 runs HP EVs and I fail to KO it while it KOes me. I send in Alakazam who looks to be a better choice than Cradily for several reasons and Psychic, not wanting to risk Charge Beam.
The girl now sends in Gardevoir. I Signal Beam as there is no point in switching, while she thunderbolts. I signal beam again for the ko.
She then sends out jynx and I'm a bit afraid, but she lovely kisses for some reason and misses, while I signal beam for the 2hko.
(so I got pretty lucky, no wait really lucky on the first match of the round)

My next opponent is not concerned about types ?_?
I'm debating swapping out ambipom for the jynx or the kangaskhan. In the end I choose Kanga since I could in theory end up with the Lovely Kiss/Dream Eater/Perish Song/Mean Look Jynx and I really dont want that to happen because the rest of my team is shaky as is.
So of course opponent number 2 sends out Infernape. I'm paranoid about sending in alakazam since one ape runs uturn and others run flare blitz/shadow claw etc so I stay in. It CCs and I obviously die. I Psychic with Alakazam and Infernape goes down.

He now sends in Tyranitar and I really look fucked. I grass knot while he paybacks, denting but not koing him. Now I'm left with cradily. I look through my options. Avalanche only deals 30.86%-36.57%, and Payback does 37-44. At +1 it only does around 30% max.
So if I Stockpile first my chances look a lot better. He uses Avalanche while I Stockpile, and Curse while I DT. Then I Stockpile again and he Paybacks. I Ingrain while he Curses again, and then Toxic while he Avalanches. I'm at 73 health. Double Teaming again is best since it leaves me at better odds against the next pokemon. He hits through DT and I'm at 23 health at the end of the turn (My Cradily has of course 175 HP making it shitty at Lefties/Ingrain V_V). I Double Team for a fourth time, while he Paybacks, hits, and kills me.

So.... yeah that sucks but I should have known better for picking cradily/playing like an idiot! Still, I got a lot farther in the factory than I thought I would so it's all good.

I saved it on my vs recorder thingy and took a picture of it with my phone so I can try and upload either of those if I need to (though I really dont know how to do either so ._.)

EDIT- Except now I notice I was using 166 for Tyranitar's attack because I forgot to enter 204. Which makes the calcs a lot higher and explains so much...

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now... I actually kind of think that Level 50 isn't THAT much harder than Open Level for the battles AFTER 21. Maybe I was just lucky too.
well, #22-28 at lv. 50 = #1-7 at open level...basically they are the same (set 1)

so yeah that might seem "easier" but the first 21 is hell...pure evil hell

whatever I don´t play the factory anymore

as for my battle hall run, bred a 5max adamant sneasel in emerald and did some theorymon (not all the types yet)...yeah trying the 170 with this

I was at 50 before breeding the adamant one with my jolly lv.50 one (fake out, ice shard, ice punch, night slash)...I can´t believe I was so lucky to get to lv.50 with that by beating fire/fighting/water/bug/poison, considering how my current "tries" go :(

so basically I made two adamant sets and spreads, lv.50, they obviously hold the focus sash:
1. 6HP/252at/252spe - brick break, ice punch, ice shard, counter
2. 252at/180sD/78spe - brick break, night slash, ice shard, counter

they worked, didn´t face heatran nor zong at #51-60, was lucky against some electric foes by not being fully paralyzed...but everything went well

until I faced ursaring in battle #120
I didn´t theorymon normal types before this and didn´t check the moveset so I just tried to break some bricks which did around 75%, ursaring was very frustrated but weavile hung on...weavile went on with da breaking but what´s that? ursa hung on its focus band (fuuuuuc....) frustration 1 dmg, gg

well after normal type theorymon I am ready to "counter" turn1 so he´d need 2 hold on twice in a row which is less probable but nothing unusual oh well

basically after this in my like 6-7 tries I haven´t got past 30 the first time, after which I trained another sneasel clone by enjoying my lv.100-defense-between-10-to-20-lightscreen-as-their-only-move-freaking-chanseys-mass-killing-trade-and-then-record-mix-training-with-luckyegg-as-held-item...with aerial ace but didn´t get past 10 and 20 with it in the other 6 tries...

water-fighting-fire are the worst types for weavile to face

I lost to:
- poliwrath a.k.a. "no way through whatsoever" twice
- blaziken because of wrong moveset
- infernape because I owned myself thinking ice shard is the way to go turn1 and AA afterwards, hi mach punch twice...partially wrong set - needs fake out and aerial ace I am currently using the new lv.100 weavile with counter-shard-nightslash-aerialace
- combusken because I tried counter lol
- blastoise because it yawnprotectedreturnedtwiceandthenCHhydrocanoned
- empoleon because it CHflashcanonedturn1andthenaquajetted but it was my fault for not even having a neutral attack

so basically I am being screwed over and over again

oh yeah playing battle hall lv.100 is "worse" than lv.50 because they have higher levels at lv.100 (#10 is 41 or 42 at lv.50 iirc)
#01 = lv.70 / lv.29
#02 = lv.72
#03 = lv.74
#04 = lv.76
#05 = lv.78
#06 = lv.80
#07 = lv.82
#08 = lv.84
#09 = lv.86
#10 = lv.88
-----------
#11 = lv.71
#12 = lv.73
#13 = lv.75
#14 = lv.77
#15 = lv.79
#16 = lv.81
#17 = lv.83
#18 = lv.85
#19 = lv.87
#20 = lv.89

Screw the damn factory, i'll come back to it after a week or so i think.

Battle 56

I had

918 | Latias | Adamant | Expert Belt | Dragon Claw | Zen Headbutt | Earthquake | Aerial Ace | Atk/Spe

933 | Latios | Timid | Brightpowder | Psychic | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam | Energy Ball | SpA/Spe

868 | Hippowdon | Adamant | Quick Claw | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Crunch | Thunder Fang | HP/Atk

Which was a really solid team, apart from the fact that they were all weak to Ice. Having both Lati@s was seriously surprising for me, and i took both without hesitation. This was my team for 4 battles straight, and it managed to kill off things like Walrein, Abomasnow, and Froslass, which made me think that the ice weakness wasn't that draining after all.

So enter battle 56.

Opponent is good with Bug. He starts off with a Glalie, in my mind i think (another ICE?). I use Zen Headbutt to attack, it hits dealing some damage, not a lot though, and he uses Avalanche.

390 | Glalie | Brave | Iron Ball | Avalanche | Payback | Gyro Ball | Ice Shard | HP/Def/SpD

I didn't see that last Ice Shard there, and my Latias had around 30 hp, and since he was faster i just attacked again, only to be killed by that Ice Shard.

Out comes Hippowdon, who uses Stone Edge, leaving Glalie with 1-5%, roughly. He counters with Payback (?) which deals around 20-30 damage, hardly anything. Glalie dies to sandstorm. Out comes Scizor. He X-Scissors for 40%, I earthquake for 50%. Repeat one more round, he dies. I have a Hippowdon at 5% HP and a Latios behind. I think i've won this.

Out comes a Shuckle. Shit. I use Stone Edge for 20% or something like that, he uses Power Trick.

436 | Shuckle | Impish | Lax Incense | Stone Edge | Bug Bite | Swagger | Power Trick | HP/Def/SpD

I laugh as i put Stone Edge again, and it should have done around 80%, killing him..

except that it misses. Jumpman's words came back to my mind
except stone edge missed, because stone edge is the worst attack in dppt.
Shuckle uses Stone Edge, which does hit, and kills my Hippo. Latias comes out, and he uses Psychic, which does 10%, and is attacked by a Bug Bite. Either it OHKOed or 2HKOed, it didn't matter.

So, 55 wins, with this image to prove it just in case:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1403/90031067.jpg

and yeah, Stone Edge is the worse move in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)