Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just a quick question for a friend, roaming Pokemon for the breeding process, does it affect the frame or not? It shouldn't because eggs are with IRNG rite?
Making sure so I don't give em wrong directions.

Huh? No, the iRNG only affects the shinyness, nature, gender etc of the egg I believe.
Yeah from the looks of the front page, RNG does affect the IV's, unless I misread....again 0_o

Well tks! I don't think it matters much for the caliibration of frames for breeding tough. since it generates at the momment you start the game, if you talk to the NPC at the right time and all that jazz, the frame will still remain constant...but I wanted to make sure so I don't mislead my firend either.

RNG Abuse

This looks right off the top of my head, but I am not sure if there are wandering NPCs in 229. I would double check all of this by catching a few Pokemon (fishing) as soon as you enter the game and ensuring that they are on frame 5.
Thanks for the reply mingot, makes me a lot more confident, coming from you. I decided to fish in one of the lakes in order to ensure no random NPC RNG advancement.

When using the ShinyFinder program and I have -1 for the happiness taps, do I quickly flip through it to come back to the coin flips, or can I just do the coin flips since I'm already on the app.

Turns out route 229 does have an npc who randomly advances the RNG. I scoured the entire route, and I found only one NPC that was turning in place so I guess that advances the RNG.

Does the act of fishing without catching anything advance the RNG?

Turns out route 229 does have an npc who randomly advances the RNG. I scoured the entire route, and I found only one NPC that was turning in place so I guess that advances the RNG.

Does the act of fishing without catching anything advance the RNG?
Not even a nibble advances it by 1.
Missing the "!" advances it as if you battled it.

Thanks a lot Rysta...is there any good place to fish for Gyarados with a higher percentage than 65%? I now have 3 Seakings with perfect IVs sitting in my box (-___-).

Edit: Is the type of pokemon I might encounter also dependent on my frame? I've went through this 4 times already and I've gotten 4 Seakings from the Lake of Verity. With a 35% chance encounter rate, the chances of 4 in a row are around 1.5%. Either I'm really unlucky or something else is at play here...

I'm having a hard time calibrating for IV's.

I always get my seconds with a huge differences.

For example I think my first one try was 13 seconds, then 15, then two 17's and two 21's.

I was mashing A like crazy.
My friend said to try it by using windows vista clock and just counting seconds to the continue screen. would that work to get the target time?

So I'm going to take that as a yes, only the ones that turn and walk around advance the RNG, such as the NPCs in solaceon town (cowgirls) but, not the buneary as that has a "fixed" movement pattern so it doesn't advance the RNG I believe. Thanks for the help yngstr.

Does the amount of Pokemon in your party fluctuate your frames when trying to breed?

Grrr... I cannot seem to lock onto this 600 delay flygon, I'll either be off in delay or be off by one frame when I DO hit it. :(

So I'm going to take that as a yes, only the ones that turn and walk around advance the RNG, such as the NPCs in solaceon town (cowgirls) but, not the buneary as that has a "fixed" movement pattern so it doesn't advance the RNG I believe. Thanks for the help yngstr.
Yes, NPC's advance the frame. You're also right about Buneary.

Does the amount of Pokemon in your party fluctuate your frames when trying to breed?

Grrr... I cannot seem to lock onto this 600 delay flygon, I'll either be off in delay or be off by one frame when I DO hit it. :(
The number of pokemon with you shouldn't affect the frame, to my knowledge. About your delay, it seems that cartridges seem to follow a pattern of hitting either odd delays or only even delays (in my personal experience I've never gotten an even delay ever). I don't know how to change that, although I vaguely recall some post in this thread explaining how to.

I don't understand the process for finding shiny legendaries. By using method j, under frame, I got 114. Listed above, the frame for the legendary I was trying for was 1. If every time you flip your jornal page it advances by 2, then how many times do you have to advance then rng to find the shiny I wanted?

I don't understand the process for finding shiny legendaries. By using method j, under frame, I got 114. Listed above, the frame for the legendary I was trying for was 1. If every time you flip your jornal page it advances by 2, then how many times do you have to advance then rng to find a shiny?
Either find a spread with an odd frame or release one roaming pokémon.

Improbable TrainerID/SecretID-combinations

Hi there,

Just found out some things and thought I should share them.

Seedsetting at start of game:

1. Before intro comes up, Seed is set to timedate (x1). This has an offset of zero,
so last byte is year.

2. Then it is set to zero
2.1 At this point, 18 random numbers are created.
2.1 of course, with seed being zero, those are not really random

3. When switching to title screen, it is set to x1, again

4. After pressing "continue", it is seeded with new (current timedate)

---

At the beginning of the game (starting new game),

1. Before intro comes up, Seed is set to timedate (x1)
2. Then zero
3. then to x1, again

4. Before Prof speech comes up, seed is set to current timedate

5. After TV Scene, a new (current) timedate is put into seed
5.1 this has a rather high offset (hat 2838 for Year 2009) as prof speech takes some time.

6. Mersenne Twister is called twice. The second roll gives the Trainer IDs.
(low 16Bit is public ID, high 16 Bit is hidden ID)

7. Three calls to RNG are made afterwards, these seem used to set the pointers

---

The most interesting thing about this is (6). A given seed will always result in the same TrainerID/SecretID-combination.

This throws up a question: Can I hit _every_ number? As this maps 2^32 (seeds) onto 2^32 (possible rolls), two seeds resulting in the same roll would mean that some other number can't be hit - therefore making a specific trainerID/secretID-combination _invalid_.

I know that Mersenne is better RNG than the other one, but is it possible to calculate back from a roll to the seed, given that you know it's the second roll? Is it easily possible?

I answered another question myself: It seems like _every_ seed is possible at the beginning of the game. Given a large delay, you can change the seed as if the game was started in another hour.

Still that means that someone with a TrainerID/SecretID resulting from a Seed xxFFxxxx or even xx00xxxx spent an enormous amount of time listening to the professor at the beginning of the game - thus making these TrainerID/SecretID-combinations rather "unprobable". I waited about 20 minutes just to have the "hour digit" by a single digit. Given that it is 23 =0x17 at max, offsetting it to FF would mean a waittime of 4640 minutes.
I gotta admit, I did this on emulator so timing might be wrong but if offset is "seconds*60", this still means about 18.2 minutes per digit.

So my main question to the math geniuses is: Can I rollback the second Mersenne roll to the original seed? Or do I have to create a map by bruteforce?

Greetings,

TCC

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So my main question to the math geniuses is: Can I rollback the second Mersenne roll to the original seed? Or do I have to create a map by bruteforce?
I don't think you are going to have a whole lot of luck with trying to work Mersenne backwards as you need 624 sequential values to even predict future iterates (you can also likely use them to figure out past, back to seed, too).

Period of 2^19937 − 1 :(

Of course, if the offset is fixed from seed and you have a relatively small pool of candidate seeds to brute force through it might be pretty easy to at lease figure out what the SID is from just a table of ID's. That would be very very useful. Not helpful to exploiting, but useful just the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)