Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excusez moi? Ho-Oh gets STAB BB now, so that can't be the case. Entei and Flareon lack Flare Blitz for the same reason things like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc haven't been evolved; because Gamefreak wants holes to fill next generation and the generation after that.

Excusez moi? Ho-Oh gets STAB BB now, so that can't be the case. Entei and Flareon lack Flare Blitz for the same reason things like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc haven't been evolved; because Gamefreak wants holes to fill next generation and the generation after that.
You would think they would want to save those holes to be filled for 5th gen pokemon, Flareon has been around since 1st gen...

Not every Pokemon can be awesome and have all the right moves.

Shit happens.
Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say; they keep us hardcore, die-hard fans buying the games, hoping all our favorite suckish Pokémon finally get the move they need to become powerful.

Not really sure which HGSS topic this should go in, but whatever. Do we know if Rotom forms work over wifi battles in HGSS yet? Apparently you don't even need a special event to unlock them anymore, they just exist in the game. (I read this over on serebii) If not, it's a shame... I'm sick of planning one team for use in Shoddy and then not being able to implement it fully in the actual game...

Not everyone who Wifis uses AR...

Good to know that the forms don't require the Wifi event. Would suck if the event expired and you wanted to restart your game.

looking forward to Whiscash Dragon Dancing in game.. haha that is awesome.

Heal Bell being given away is pretty cool, even though its pretty much a dead move this gen.

I will be giving Aggron a shot on shoddy once its implemented. Really good move pool, just needed the extra power.

Rotom with a healing move will be interesting. Makes better use out of the Reflect set for sure.

Intresting. While bringing more options to the table, current plat OU teams can remain viable unchanged.
Funny how the biggest in-game movepool change (in the same gen) is the lesser of them all at competitive levels.

looking forward to Whiscash Dragon Dancing in game.. haha that is awesome.

Heal Bell being given away is pretty cool, even though its pretty much a dead move this gen.

I will be giving Aggron a shot on shoddy once its implemented. Really good move pool, just needed the extra power.

Rotom with a healing move will be interesting. Makes better use out of the Reflect set for sure.
i didnt notice whiscash with ddance that would be nice with his decent hp and low speed it could maybe go in uu

So in the past couple of days I have been pondering over the new HGSS additions and have been trying to think of any possible cheap combinations for UU resulting from these changes. My most promising one so far revolves around a combination of Walrein, Dugtrio and Houndoom for picking off or severely weakening unsuspecting opponents. It is still very bare bones theorymoning at the moment, hence all the slashes lol, and I have no way of testing this yet, but I thought I’d post it to get some opinions and possible suggestions for improvement. I hope this is okay to do in this thread, if not I apologize.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ice Body
Bold / Calm
252 HP / rest in Defenses, maybe a bit of speed

~ Block
~ Substitute
~ Super Fang
~ Encore

Dugtrio @ Leftovers / Soft Sand / Expert Belt
Arena Trap
Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

~ Earthquake
~ Toxic
~ Pursuit
~ Stone Edge / Sucker Punch

Houndoom @ Life Orb / something else?
Flash Fire
Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~ Nasty Plot
~ Fire Blast
~ Dark Pulse
~ Super Fang / HP Flying

So the idea is to get Walrein on something that can’t threaten it much, Chansey and Registeel being the most obvious examples, then using Sub to scout the switch. Walrein can then either Super Fang to bring them down to half health, Encore if you predict a faster setup or attack that something else on your team can exploit, or Block if you predict a slower setup or non-lethal attack. If the latter, you can follow up with Encore then either Super Fang them to critical health or bring in Dugtrio safely to dispatch them whilst stuck on a non-attacking move. Houndoom further supports the combo by coming in on Ghosts like Spiritomb locked into Shadow Ball or whatever then setting up, or even coming in on a Fire attack for free boost AND setup!

So yeah, that’s the main idea, though I’m unsure about whether Houndoom should go mixed instead and serve as a second Pursuiter. It would probably help a lot more against Stallbreaker Missys with Taunt and other annoying shit, but I don’t know. I’m also not sure if it should be played with Hail, as while it would help Walrein a ton, it would severely cut short Houndooms survivability, as well as Dugtrio if not holding Leftovers. There are also a lot of things that this combo simply can’t handle at all, but don’t forget that it is only half a team. Obviously the other three Pokes should be there to balance the team and cover these weaknesses.

The combo would probably work much better against stallish teams than offensive ones, but it still sounds cool to me in theory. What do you guys think?

I think this is a nice combo,then that walrain is really going to be annoying, really, I wasn't sure about superfang, but, getting your life halved, then got trapped by a dugrio for an easy ko isn't fair at all (think about a choiced electric move user... ò.ò)
Anyway I also think that houndoom should be a pursuit user... with they hp halved, pkm afraid of him should simply run off... so why leave them escape? Not sure about evs though...

Also, as a side note...
nobody noticed that Ursaring got Low Kick? and that Low Kick has the same base power as close combat on stuffs like regis + steelix but with more PP and no drawback? :naughty:

Hi guys I'm new here, I tried to read the most part of this thread but I have one doubt and didn't find it clearly answered, the weather glitch with the move Persuit still going? I want to know if someone tested it with another versions (DPPt) and with the new ones... (sorry for the more or less english, I'm not native in this language and don't practice it very often)

I don't see how anything's been messed up. A few UUs got some useful options and Ho-Oh and Lugia got a couple of new offensive toys to try out. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)