Nuzlocke Challenge

Day 1
Day 2 Part 1
Day 2 Part 2
Days 3 and 4

Day 5

Now that Torpedo evolved into Poliwhirl, I can head back to the Safari Zone to hopefully get a Magnemite. The few remaining trainers between it and Cianwood don't put up much of a fight and I make it there without more casualties. Once I heal my Pokemon, I go back down to Route 48 thinking I'll end up catching a Grass-type, but I end up catching a Lv. 21 Lax Fearow instead. I name her Gryphon and I was quite pleased when I found out she was holding Sharp Beak, which I immediately move to Kenya.

I head into the Safari Zone and fingure that the Wasteland would be a better place to try and catch a Magnemite than Peak because Geodude are sure to be the most common things there. I end up catching a Lv. 17 Hasty Magnemite and name it Sesqui, which is short for sesquioxide.

A lot of the rest of the day was spent grinding Sesqui up to Lv. 25 because all it had for damaging attacks were Thundershock and Sonic Boom until Lv. 22 and due to its low Attack, Thundershock was better than Spark, anyway.

Once I'm done training Sesqui, I head to Mahogony so I can get more training in before taking on Jasmine. I catch a Lv. 15 Careful Mareep on Route 43 and name her Baah. I decide not to train her, since she would take even more grinding than Sesqui did.

I manage to run into the Red Gyarados as my first Pokemon in the Lake of Rage, but I run out of Poke Balls trying to catch it and Sesqui almost dies to a Bite after two Leers. After meeting Lance and buying 30 more Poke Balls in Ecruteak (so I'll never run out againg), I head into Team Rocket's Hideout and trounce them with whatever Pokemon I have in front at the time.

Once that's done, I head into the gym and Sesqui ends up evolving on the last gym trainer. I put off fighting Pryce, for now, since I want to train on the remaining trainers between Olivine and Cianwood first. I'm going to wait to fight Jasmine until Wednesday because that's the first time I'll be able to get a Water Stone from the Pokeathlon, which I'll use on Torpedo.

I head back to the Pokeathlon to get some more points and try out my new Graveller and Magneton. I get a few new records that I'll post below. I pick up the King's Rock and Heart Scale from the prize exchange. The Heart Scale will come in handy when I get to Blackthorn because I'll be able to teach Sesqui Tri Attack.

New Pokeathlon records are bolded:

Course Records:

Speed: 502 - Torpedo/Eggy/TAFKAR (I think, I have three Rattata after all) Woot, both trophies from this.
Power: 438 - Mudkipz/Chompy/Kenya - Only one trophy.
Skill: 520 - Chompy/Qat/Mudkipz - Highest score out of any of them.
Stamina: 478 - Mudkipz/3rd? WTF/Rocky - Again, both trophies.
Jump: 435 - Kenya/Mothra/Sesqui - Only 15 more points but I'll take it.

Event Records:

Hurdle Dash: 92.7 sec. (124 points) Eggy/Torpedo/TAFKAR
Penant Capture: 45 Flags (135 points) Eggy/Torpedo/TAFKAR - Surprisingly, only 4 off my record in my main file.
Circle Push: 51 Points (153 points) Mudkipz/Chompy/Kenya - Only 7 off my main's record.
Block Smash: 100 Peices (100 points) Mudkipz/Chompy/Kenya - My second and third place records have 3rd? WTF.
Disc Catch: 62 points (129 points) Mothra/Kenya(Spearow)/Qat - Only 8 away from a trophy.
Lamp Jump: 511 Points (146 points) Kenya/Mothra/Sesqui - Somehow I manage to get the trophy in this despite not being able to get it in my main file. :/
Relay Run: 16.5 Laps (165 points) Eggy/Poliwag/TAFKAR - Got the trophy, woot.
Ring Drop: 114 Points (171 points) Mudkipz/3rd? WTF/Rocky - Mudkipz got 75 of these points the first time she was out. Also, got the trophy.
Snow Throw: 76 Hits (200 points) Chompy/Qat/Mudkipz - This one might need a bit of explaining. You see, what I do is constantly hit team yellow and I almost never miss they also only get a maximum af around 15 since their Pokemon are constantly incapacitated. 200 points is the maximum you can get on a event, BTW.
Goal Roll: 7 Points (135 points) Chompy/Remmy/Esquire - This game is completely luck and has nothing to do with Power, IMO. The first two times I did it, I didn't score any points.

Frienship Room Stuff:

Course Record Total: 2371
Event Record Total: 1458
Medal Acqusition Total: 48
Grand Total: 3877
*Only about 70 more points from yesterday.

Collective Trophies: 8
Trust Trophies: 3
Potential Trophies: 4
Friendship Trophies 7
Total: 20

After that, I head back to Azelea Town to get my Lure Balls and go get the Magnet from Sunny for Sesqui. I should be able to take down Pryce, tomorrow. Edit: Last time, I forgot to mention that the reason I was going around fishing in a bunch of different spots was mostly because I was trying to get a Chinchou, which was the MVP of my main play though.

Party:

Fearow (Kenya) @ Sharp Beak
Lv. 27 (F) - Keen Eye
Hasty

Fly
Aerial Ace
Fury Attack
Pursuit

Raticate (Chompy) @ Silk Scarf
Lv. 28 (M) - Guts
Serious

Strength
Sucker Punch
Crunch
Quick Attack

Butterfree (Mothra) @ King's Rock
Lv. 28 (M) - Compoundeyes
Quiet

Silver Wind
Psybeam
Gust
Sleep Powder

Poliwhirl (Torpedo) @ Mystic Water
Lv. 28 (M) - Damp (I just realized that the one Team Rocket guy has a bunch of Exploding Koffing and Weezing so this should be useful.)
Jolly

Surf
BubbleBeam
Body Slam
Hypnosis

Graveler (Rocky) @ Quick Claw (Quick Claw is insanely useful, BTW.)
Lv. 28 (M) - Sturdy
Naive

Magnitude
Rock Blast
Rock Smash
Rock Polish

Magneton (Sesqui) @ Magnet (I finally have a way to take out all these pesky Gyarados.)
Lv. 30 (N) - Sturdy
Hasty

Magnet Bomb
ThunderShock
Sonic Boom
Thunder Wave

In Alive Box:

Spinarak (Aracnia) Lv. 3 (F) - Insomnia - Lax - Poison Sting/String Shot
Rattata (Remmy) Lv. 3 (M) - Run Away - Docile - Tackle/Tail Whip
Hoppip (LOLZ) Lv. 6 (F) - Leaf Guard - Naive - Splash/Sythesis
Togepi (Eggy) Lv. 1 (M) - Serene Grace - Relaxed - Growl/Charm/Extrasensory
Aipom (Goku) Lv. 3 (F) - Pickup - Timid - Scratch/Tail Whip
Sandshrew (AJ) Lv. 6 (M) - Sand Veil - Modest - Scratch/Defense Curl/Cut
Rattata (Esquire) Lv. 11 (M) - Guts - Lax - Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Focus Energy/Bite
Drowzee (Dremcachr!) Lv. 14 (F) - Insomnia - Quirky - Pound/Hypnosis/Disable/Confusion
Metapod (3rd? WTF) Lv. 9 (F) - Shed Skin - Brave - Harden
Zubat (Batman) Lv. 15 (M) - Inner Focus - Hasty - Leech Life/Supersonic/Astonish/Bite
Rattata (TAFKAR) Lv. 16 (M) - Run Away - Bashful - Focus Energy/Bite/Pursuit/Hyper Fang
Koffing (BOOM!) Lv. 14 (F) - Levitate - Mild - Poison Gas/Tackle/Smog/Smokescreen
Raticate (Ratty) Lv. 17 (M) - Run Away - Naughty - Focus Energy/Bite/Pursuit/Hyper Fang
Pidgey (Phoenix) Lv. 13 (M) - Keen Eye - Naughty - Tackle/Sand-attack/Gust/Quick Attack
Magikarp (Drachen) Lv. 20 (M) - Swift Swim - Docile - Splash/Tackle
Magikarp (Splash) Lv. 20 (M) - Swift Swim - Jolly - Splash/Tackle
Magikarp (Fishy) Lv. 20 (F) - Swift Swim - Naughty - Splash/Tackle
Magikarp (Flail!) Lv. 20 (M) - Swift Swim - Naughty - Splash/Tackle
Tentacool (Jellyfish) Lv. 16 (M) - Liquid Ooze - Adamant - Supersonic/Constrict/Acid/Toxic Spikes
Fearow (Gryphon) Lv. 21 (F) - Keen Eye - Lax - Leer/Fury Attack/Pursuit/Aerial Ace
Mareep (Baah) Lv. 15 (F) - Static - Careful - Tackle/Growl/ThunderShock/Thunder Wave
*This'll be my last Pokemon until I beat Pryce and Jasmine.

Dead:

Wooper (Woopah) Lv. 18 (F) - Water Absorb - Naive - Mud Shot/Water Gun/Slam/Tail Whip
*Got taken out by a critical hit Rock Smash from Sudowoodo. She didn't even get a chance to evolve. :'(
Bayleef (Qat) Lv. 26 (M) - Overgrow - Mild - Magical Leaf/Headbutt/Poison Powder/Reflect
*Taken out by a critical hit Rock Slide from Chuck's Primeape. I don't know what I'll do against Water types without him.
Quagsire (Mudkipz) Lv. 26 (F) - Water Absorb - Sassy - Surf/Mud Bomb/Slam/Amnesia
*Hax takes down another one of my best Pokemon. Chuck's Poliwrath got in a Focus Punch when Mud Bomb missed and hit her after a few Accuracy drops.
Tentacool (BJellyfish) Lv. 25 (M) - Clear Body - Modest - Acid/Toxic Spikes/Bubblebeam/Wrap
*Took a Thunderbolt for Mothra. He didn't even get a chance to attack.

Nice thread, if not for exams, i will have done it. Oh well, if this thread still exists in December, i will take up the challenge.

Keep up all the cool stories!!!!!

Hey peoplez, i've been hanging around this thread for a while loling at all the comics, waiting till i could start my nuzlocke challenge. I was inspired to make my own comics for my challenge (Soul Silver). Anyway, here are the rules im using:

1. If a pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible. (Putting it in box for a momento)
2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.
3. Obviously if you run out of pokemon, you must start again.
4. I can use whatever healing items i like apart from revives. All these items must not be bought though.
5. Give your pokemon nicknames, for fucks sake! Make them your little babies! CARE FOR THEM! (Mainly going to name mine as Final Fantasy Summons/Espers)

6. Battle Style is set to set, not shift.

I will continue my comics if you people like them... i don't think they are very good:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/zorg-devil/Episode1-1.jpg

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2578708&postcount=391 (part one)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2581925&postcount=405 (part two)

Leveled up Mothra in union cave a bit. Went really fast, gust took down zubats and makuhitas. Absorb killed geodudes and topped off my HP. Went all the way to steven and delivered the letter. Why was he in a cave digging for rocks while wearing a suit?

Brawley was an utter disappointment. His machoke died in two shots to Mothra's gust, and his Makuhita took three. Quad resisted low kick and Arm thrust. Blegh.

Brittney was offering to take me to Slateport, but I made him backtrack all the way to Petalburg. Ran to Rustboro. Talked to the head Devon guy and he gave me an Exp Share for being his mailman. I gave it to red in the hopes that he will grow big and strong some day.

I look at my team. Combusken, Shroomish, Beautifly, and Magicarp. The next gym is electric so Norris and Elvis are my only two usable team mates. Grass resists electric and fighting beats steel, so I decide to grind Elvis into a breloom and Norris into a speedy one shot machine.

I arrive at slateport and beat up some little kids at the beach. I go to deliver the parts but the guy's assistant says its his day off or something. I head over to the museum since it's no longer blocked off, and find the guy. Pirates attack but Norris handles it. Then the lead pirate comes and says some nonsense. Finally, my errand in slateport is over.

I run into the next route and hit up a patch of grass. Plusle appears. I catch it with ease and name it Pikatwo. I don't see an immediate use for him so I send him to the PC.

Went into trick house. Solved trick house. Not interesting.

Up the road I run into my rival. He goes down easier than I expected. Shroomish dies to Norris' fire. Marshtomp falls to Elvis's mega drain. Numel gets double kicked to death.

I work my way up the route, gaining levels in the process. I reach Mauville city and pick up Rock Smash and a coin case from some people. Also, a guy gave me a bike. I go to challenge the gym but find it's blocked by a punk with green hair. I beat the hell out of him and decide to follow him home and make sure he gets the message.

Along the way I meet a triathlete who gives me my toughest fight thus far. He had a doduo, I had a team weak to flying. Luckily he didn't hit me with drill peck or anything. The fight went like this:

Go Evlis! (level 19 shroomish)
Go Doduo (level 18 doduo)
Doduo used fury attack, four hits. Shroomish is half dead now. Shroomish gets off a leech seed which restores a little bit.
Elvis come back, Go Norris!
Doduo used fury attack! four hits. Now Norris is hurting. Norris is the champ though so I have him double kick. It takes doduo to a sliver of his HP.
Next turn comes, Doduo used fury attack!
-One hit: My hp is now about half
-Two hits: I'm in the orange
-Three hits: Oh shit
-Four hits: Norris has 6 hp now. If this goes badly I'm fuuuuucked.
-Fury attack hit four times. Thank god. One more and I'd have lost Norris!
Double kick finishes doduo off and I realize I need to play a bit safer.

I run into a patch of grass and stumble upon a marril. I capture it and name it Blueball. I realize that my current team needs some diversity so I toss Blueball and Pikatwo into the day care. I continue on my journey to kick the green haired punk's ass.

I reach verdanturf town after much backtracking to the pokemon center, I find the green haired punk but his dad refuses to let me kick his ass. Said something about the air being good for his ADD.

I head back to town and decide to try out my pokemon on the CYCLING ROAD. I head down there with norris stomping on everything. On the way Red evolves into a Gyarados and learns bite. Not really great since it's special in this game. Shortly afterwards Elvis evolves into a Breloom and learns mach punch.

I decide to go challenge the gym now. I'm not sure how much damage I'll do, but Elvis still has leech seed and thunder wave if he gets in a pinch.

Wattson battle:
I send out Elvis, he sends out Magnemite. I use Mach Punch. One shotted. Easy enough. He sends out an ordinary pokeball, but watch out! That's no ordinary pokeball. I'm afraid it's going to explode so I hit it with my strongest raw-damage attack, headbutt. I go first for some reason and the voltorb flinches. I finish it off the next round. Out comes the big dog, Magneton. Mach punch once, he's in the orange. He uses supersonic, but it misses. I go to mach punch again, but he super potions faster than the speed of sound. I take him into the orange again with mach punch. One more round of this and I claim my prize, the dynamo badge and shock wave.

I teach rock smash to Al and head west. In the cave north of verrdanturf I find some rocks to smash. I do so and gain the HM strength. I put this HM on Gyarados, he is now my strongest attacker with an 80 BP move off of 125 base attack.

I work my way up past Mauville, stopping along the way to beat up a family of four. They swear that their son will take revenge and give me a macho brace.

I smash a rock and a Geodude appears! This covers my flying weakness very well and does great on the next three gyms so I immediately swap spike the zigzagoon for Rocky, the geodude. I give Rocky the exp share but he's so strong that he barely needs it.

I work my way up the route and into the next one. I catch a Numel there and name it Osama. In fiery path I catch a big slimeball (grimer) and name him Glenn. They both chill in the PC. I find a guy who gives me secret power, and as such unlocks the shop in slateport. I ride my bike down there and through a greuling process of trial and error find that my pokemon have the following hidden powers:

Red: HP Grass. Useless but his options are limited. Keep.
Mothra: HP Rock. Meh. Keep.
Norris: HP Ground. Better than scratch at least. Keep.
Rocky: HP Bug. Not amazing, but better than mud sport.
Elivs: HP Ice. If this had been on one of my special attackers it would be great. As it is, headbutt will do more than it 90% of the time. Resetting and not teaching it.

I work my way to verdanturf town and catch a spinda along the way. Past verdanturf I pick up a lotad. Neither are very exiting.

And that's where I left off. Got a new teammate and two badges. All my pokes are pretty decent at this point, but mothra is falling behind.

Eurgh I commented and my computer fucked up.
Here goes again:
After losing Bernie we trudged onwards catching an Oddish called Weed. Destroyed Team Magma and found a Leafstone down a little water pathway. Tommy evolved into a Vibrava during the fight with May and we got to Fortree in the pissing rain.
Caught 2 Kecleons (on different routes, called Kex and Gex) using the Devon Scope off Steven, the strange guy who keeps going where i'm going.
I hope to catch a Ghost-type and name it after one of my dead fellows as i'm nearing that area. But I think i've run out of Pokeballs (I'm only using items I find, not even buying Pokeballs, I think i'm down to 1 nest ball).

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I got a Smogon account just because of this awesome challenge, I'm going to start a Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon Leafgreen with ALL OF MOOTS RULES as the rules, including that evil Pokeball buying rule. The only exception is that if I forget to nickname a pokemon, it can still be used. I still care for them, trust me

I've never attempted a challenge run of any Pokemon game in my like, so I highly doubt that I'll win this challenge, but nevertheless I will keep updating about my team and state of the challenge!

On your marks...
Turn on the DS...
Start GBA Game...
GO!!!

DetroitLolcat

I'll update as fast as I can, but here we go!
PART 1- Decisions Decisions

Lolcat wakes up, and tumbles down the stairs in sheer excitement without looking at his most prized possession, his NES, knowing that today he will receive his first pokemon from the good Prof. Oak. Forgetting that wild pokemon live in tall grass, Lolcat strolls out of his house and into Route 1...

"WAIT!!!!!," professor Oak yells as Lolcat takes his first steps outside, "Wild Pokemon live in tall grass! There's no way you could beat a one foot tall rat or bird without your own pokemon, didn't you learn that in Trainer School?"

Lolcat replies, "No, there is no trainer school in Kanto, remember? Plus, we live in some out-of-the-way hick town that nobody ever visits with only two kids in it. Why do we need a Trainer School anyway?"

Lolcat forgives Oak for yelling at him, and Oak takes Lolcat and his grandson Fool (ownage name) to his lab and gives them their first pokemon. Lolcat walks up to the three Pokeballs and thinks... "Hmm, I remember from A Beginning Trainer's Referendum that the three Kanto pokemon are Bulbasaur, a grass/poison type, Squirtle, a water type, or Charmander, a fire type. I know that since this is a Nuzlocke challenge (omg 4th wall broken) Charmander could die to the first two gyms or to poison damage, but learns some good moves. Bulbasaur is a good choice because he cannot be poisoned and can beat the first two gyms easily, but rival battles could be a real pain, squirtle is the most balanced and defensive, though the middle gyms could be tough...which one should I choose?"
"Professor Oak," Lolcat cried, "I choose for my first pokemon...
Squirtle!"
Professor Oak then tells Fool to get his first pokemon too, and he (being the douche that he is) chooses Bulbasaur, the grass type.
Lolcat names his squirtle Kitteh to commemorate his love of lolcats.
Afterwards, he goes to the OPTIONS menu to set text speed to fast and battle style to set and checks his Squirtle's nature (Docile, so not onuses or hindrances)
"Yo Lolcat," Fool says, "Let me take you on, because I'm not controlled by AI and will probably just span Growl the whole time!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BOSS BATTLE- RIVAL BATTLE ONE!!!
Rival Fool would like to battle!
Rival Fool sent out Bulbasaur!
Oak: "Oh, for Pete's (a religion reference in POKEMON???)sake... So pushy, as always
Lolcat.
You've never had a Pokemon battle before, have you?
A pokemon battle is when TRAINERS pit their pokemon against each
other.
The TRAINER that makes the other TRAINER's POKEMON faint by lowering
their HP to "0" wins.
But rather than talking about it, you'll learn more from experience.
Try battling and see for yourself."

KITTEH used Tail Whip!
Bulbasaur's defense fell!

Oak: Lowering the foe's stats will put you at an advantage.

Bulbasaur used Tackle (Squirtle HP 16/19)
KITTEH used Tackle

Oak: Inflicting damage on the foe is the key to any battle.

BULBASAUR used Tackle (Squirtle HP 13/19)
KITTEH used Tackle
Kitteh's attack missed!!!!! (Oh shit...)
Bulbasaur used Tackle (HP 10/19)
KITTEH used tackle
Bulbasaur used Tackle (HP 7/19)
KITTEH used Tackle
Bulbasaur used Tackle (HP 4/19)
Kitteh used Tackle
Bulbasaur fainted!
Kitteh Leveled Up to level 6!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
After that decisive victory, Kitteh leaves the lab with another 80 Pokedollars and Fool stumbles out in denial of his own failure...oh yeah, and Lolcat heals his Squirtle!

TEAM AT END OF PART ONE
Alive and in party

Kitteh (Squirtle) Level 6

In the Alive box

NONE

Dead:

NONE

END OF PART ONE.
Well, what do you think? A good second post on the forum or what? Will Lolcat win the Nuzlocke challenge? Second update might come tonight!

Thus begins KingEmpoleon's LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge!

Chapter Un:
Charge of the Emperor
Game Start

"What's your name again?" The pedophiliac Professor Oak asked.
Me, being someone trying to avoid getting stalked and raped, decided to go with Silver, an alias of his.
"This is my grandson...what's his name, I don't know, I have the Alzheimers."
Of course, in honor of the challenge, named him Nuzlock, without the "e" due to character limits.

And so it began.

After beating Mega Man II on my NES, I left my ragtime mother to watch her crappy movies on TV. She was too busy having moodswings to notice me leaving. Thinking I had the perfect chance to flee to Orre, the pedophile Oak approached me, with claims that tall grass has rabid creatures in it. I then realized that I needed a Pokemon, so I followed him back.

When I got to the lab, Nuzlock bitched and whined saying that he should get a Pokemon first, but things don't go that way for him. I decide to pick Bulbasaur, cause I felt like it. I name him Plant Man!

Nuzlock, being a douche, picks the type stronger than Plant Man, and he then attacks!

(Current Party)
Bulbasaur (Plant Man)

When I try to leave for Orre, Nuzlock stops me.
"Wait, I want to end your challenge here! Let's go!"

Vs. Nuzlock
Bulbasaur 20/20 vs Charmander
Turn 1: Charmander - Scratch/Bulbasaur 16/20
Bulbasaur - Tackle/Charmander 75%
Turn 2: Charmander - Scratch/Bulbasaur 12/20
Bulbasaur - Tackle/Charmander 50%
Turn 3: Bulbasaur - Tackle/Charmander 30%
Charmander - Scratch/Bulbasaur 8/20
Turn 4: Bulbasaur - Tackle/Charmander 10%
Charmander - Tackle/Bulbasaur 4/20
Turn 5: Charmander - Scratch/Bulbasaur DEAD!

Thus ends the challenge. =/
I'll start over in a bit

After the immediate failure of the first challenge, Silver gets an identity change thanks to the events of Sonic '06 never happening.

KingEmpoleon's LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge Act II
Chapter One:
Deja Vu with a Side of Rats

Red, our protagonist, starts his journey with the completion of Mega Man 3. After leaving his home, he decided he wanted nothing to do with the terrible anime.

"I'm pretty sure I can leave this way..."

"STOP!!!!!!!!111!"

A strange pedophile approaches Red, and beckons him to come to his lab.

"I have three Pokemon. Pick one."

"HEY, LISTEN, WAIT! I want a Pokemon grandfather =("

"Shut up kid."

Anyway, Red goes and picks Bulbasaur, naming it Plant Man. Blue, being a douche, picks Charmander. If this is anything like last time, this won't be good. The nature is STILL a neutral one, HP is the same, Attack is the same, Defense is up one, Special Attack is down one, Special Defense is the same, and Speed is up one.

Blue approaches me, challenging me. This time should be different than last!

Turn 1: Plant - Tackle/Charmander 80%
Charmander - Scratch/Plant 16/20
Turn 2: Plant - Tackle/Charmander ~50%
Charmander - Scratch/Plant 12/20
Turn 3: Plant - Tackle/Charmander ~30%
Charmander - Scratch/Plant 8/20
Turn 4: Plant - Tackle/Charmander ~10%
Charmander - Scratch/Plant 4/20
Turn 5: Plant - Tackle/Charmander KO

Yes! Woot.

Plant Man levels up one, and Blue is defeated.

After succeeding, Red makes his way up to Route 1, saddened by the fact that without Pokeballs, he can't catch anything there. So he decides to grind Plant Man till it learns Vine Whip.

"Wild RAT appeared!"

Plant 2HKO's the rat, taking no damage. Red gets a Potion from a Pokemart person, but due to the rules, he can't use it, but it serves well for getting money. Another rat appears, but three hits kills it. Plant takes no damage. Plant Man levels up, and gets Leech Seed! Yesh, HP recovery move FTW! Only a couple more levels to go before Plant Man gets STAB. More rats appear, this one damaging Plant, but thanks to Leech Seed, that damage will be alleviated slightly.

Due to constant rat attacks, my Plant is down to half health. Oh teh noes. Oh well, after beating up dozens of rats, Plant Man finally encounters a BIRD! It gets killed, but the second bird is bigger and, without Leech Seed, it would've ended my run. I enter Viridian City, heal up, and thus this chapter ends.

Stay tuned for Chapter Two

Current Pokemon
Plant Man the Bulbasaur Lv. 8 27/27

So, My Croconaw died to a mean look shadow ball combo from a Gengar. But he refuses to be released. Should I take this as a sign from the Pokegods that he may stay until the next time he falls?

I find it highly amusing if nothing else.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pokemon will stay in your party if they are the only Pokemon that knows a certain HM. Just teach whatever HM it knows to another Pokemon and you should be able to release Croconaw.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I gave this a shot on Pearl (no long narrative because I personally find just reading simple stuff better):

Started with chimchar, I was hoping to avoid pokemon on the first patches of grass so i could go back after I got the 5 pokeballs but no such luck. Pretty much your standard game until I got to Dawn who gave me five pokeballs. First encounter was a Starly which I knocked into orange range, threw a pokeball, failed, so I knocked it further into the red range (Starlys growl allowed me to do this safely this turn which is why I didn't initially) and I caught myself a Starly which I name Star. Yes!!

....no. no no no no no. Modest Starly.........great. So I get to the next patch of grass and I encounter another Starly, which I catch and call Ly. I check its nature...

>_<

Calm and Modest Starly's. Oh well. I caught a zubat in the cave above Jubilife, then I nabbed myself a geodude in the cave going towards oreburgh (naive and hasty natures respectively).

By the time I get to Roark I have a level 15 Monferno, a level 3 and 4 Starly, A lvl 7 Zubat (Dracula) and a level 5 Geodude (Godudette).

~~Gym Battle:
Monferno lead obviously because I'm not gonna risk mucking around with switching to get EXP in front of a gym leader. Mach Punch geodude twice as he gets in a useless SR.
5-2
Onix comes out. I mach punch for a little less then half as he screeches and hits. I mach punch again which puts it into the red as he screeches and hits me again. Roark then uses a potion and I'm like:

Are you kidding me?

But it doesn't matter because Monferno is too strong and mach punches it to death, leveling up in the process.

5-1.
Cranidos vs -4 Monferno.

and here is the point where I'm thinking "uh oh". I know one mach punch won't kill it but I have no idea how much cranidos can do back to me (a lot but I mean whether it could OHKO which it probably can). (Oh btw monferno is called flame)

Since I didn't really feel like sacrificing one of my beloved pokemon I took a risk and stayed in to mach punch as he pursuited me for a lot of damage ~20/50hp. If I had switched I probably would've lost!

So I end up with my shiny boulder badge!

I take risks and they pay off.

Nuzlocke Challenge Update 1: Gender-Confused Professor --> Mr. Pokemon
Nuzlocke Challenge Update 2: Red-Headed Punk-->Party in the Making

-Got a call from Elm, something happened in the lab (I have a bad feeling about this).

-Fought my way back to Cherrygrove.

-This red-headded punk insulted me and Ty, so I had to fight him. Turns out that he stole a Totodile from Elm. I taught him a lesson; however, he didn’t seem like he learned. I at least got his name from his trainer card.

-Almost got arrested for stealing that Totodile, but luckily Lyra came and saved the day. Seriously, I’m like WTF Elm, why didn’t you help me out dude. I am your guinea pig, so help me out dude. I begrudgingly gave him the egg he so desired. At least he thinks I’m ready to take on the gym leader challenge.

-Talked with mom. She’ll save up some money for me, which will be very nice. I don’t want to blow all my money yet. Said our goodbyes. I’ll miss her ;_;.

-Ran into Lyra on my way out. She taught me how to catch Pokemon and gave me some balls Pokeballs. I’m now ready to catch my first Pokemon.
- I went ahead to Route 46 to find a Rattata. Too bad Ty critical hit it. X_X. There goes one chance there.

-Went on to Route 30 to fight some trainer battles with Ty. Registered Joey’s number.

-Journeyed to Route 31 to find a Bellesprout lvl 3. The battle before Ty 1HKO’d a Pidgey lvl 2, so I freaked that I would KO it. Thankfully, it didn’t and I caught my first pokemon, Belle, a Calm Bellesprout. I am excited to test her out.

-I trained Belle a bit, then ventured into the Dark Cave to hopefully find a Zubat. I ended up finding a Geodude, which was not bad at all. I named her Alena, Gaelic for rock.

-I headed to town to heal all of my pokemon, but Lyra caught up to me and gave me a Vs. Recorder. Very nice indeed.

-I healed and headed to Route 32, because I heard Mareeps could be found there. Luckily, I stumbled upon one, which I managed to take down thanks to Alana and Belle. Now I have Aza, my lvl 6 Mareep (Aza is Swahili for reflect/think/strong).

-I did some more training to get them to a suitable level to enter the Bellsprout Tower tomorrow. Here’s my current team now:

Ty from New Bark Town
Level 13 Careful Cyndaquil
-Tackle
-Ember
-Quick Attack
-Smokescreen

Ty is the powerhouse of the team with a nice speed stat and balanced otherwise (slightly physical due to the Careful nature.

Belle from Route 31
Level 7 Calm (+SpD/-Atk)
-Vine Whip
-Growth

Belle is the first pokemon I caught in the wild, so I am ecstatic that I caught something pretty good. I know Belle will have a hard time later on in the game, but hopefully Belle can contribute a lot to the team. Vine Whip will just be used for a loooooooong time.

Alana from Dark Cave
Level 9 Jolly(+Spe/-SpA) Geodude
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Mud Sport
-Rock Polish

I was hoping for a Zubat to serve as my flyer, but I stumbled into a Geodude (who I wanted to see on Route 46, instead of a Rattata that likes to be critical hit). Geodude’s Nature, while not particularly amazing, is still useful, since I won’t be needing to use Earth Power or another special move, plus I’ll be able to outrun other Geodudes. He will probably be my Pidgey counter at the moment.

Aza from Route 32
Level 6 Lax (+Def/-SpD) Mareep
-Tackle
-Growl

Yay, I have another Pidgey counter. Mareep will definitely be a powerhouse on my team, once I actually use it in battle. Her nature will make it able to deal with both sides of the defensive spectrum. I definitely will have fun using her.

Places visited and gained Pokemon:
-New Bark Town (Ty, Cyndaquil)
-Route 31 (Belle, Bellsprout)
-Dark Cave (Alana, Geodude)
-Route 32 (Aza, Mareep)

Places visited but no Pokemon can be gained:
-Route 29 (Pidgey, no Pokeballs)
-Route 30 (Metapod, no Pokeballs)
-Route 46 (Rattata, Tackle critical hit by Ty)

Places I visited and can gain Pokemon:
-Cherrygrove (Water Pokemon probably)
-Violet City (Water Pokemon probably)

What lies ahead:
I tried to go to the gym, but I have to go to Sprout Tower first. The next update should have an improved roster, and the first gym battle against Falkner.

Anyway, it looks as if no-one read my comic so ill re-post it please comment!

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/zorg-devil/Episode1-1.jpg
TBH, it's terrible; I only half understood what was going on.

Anywho, didn't get anything done on FireRed, but I did restart in Ruby; Combusken was about to die to Shock Wave and I have no other Pokemon to beat Wattson with (grinding + Rock Smash ain't worth it). Got better draws this time, and now I'm about to face Team Magma at Mt. Chimney.

Team:
Combusken (CaptFalcon) Lv. 28
Satsuma (Hariyama) Lv. 27
Numel (Caravan) Lv. 26
Gulpin (Kirby) Lv. 24
Loudred (Boomer) Lv. 25
Swablu (Airman) Lv. 23

Dead:
Nincada (Forrest) Lv. 8 (Two Crits while grinding)
Taillow (BludFalcon) Lv. 19 (Rival's Marshtomp)

Thanks Laughing X-Naut, i knew it was horrible :)
Anyway, my challenge is going quite average, all i have is a Cyndiquil and a Zubat (in my box). I am aware that my Cyndiquil could ravage the Sprout Tower to death but i still want something else... im pretty sure you can find Rattata and Gastle in the sprout tower... meh, ill find out

RIL: I wish I'd commented on your previous chapter - what, 8? - because I loved it, possibly even better than the latest chapter, which is still awesome and makes me curl. :D

RedGunBlade: Belated congratulations and wowzerz on that badass shiny Ekans. <3

I'm new here, but after reading you guys' stories, I wish to try this Nuzlocke Challenge, because it sounds fun... I'll follow these rules using mah Diamond:

1. Catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/cave/whatever and nothing else. If you fail to catch it, too bad, continue onwards.
2. If you Pokemon faints, consider it dead and release it.
3. Nickname all your pokemon
4. No trading evar!!!
5. Battle set! Megaman on air!!

Stories shall come soon, but here will be my starting material:
Name: Onyx
Starter: Staccato (Turtwig; female!0_o)

EDIT: Female turtwig due to lucky(faulty) RNG.

Obsidian Ranger, I liked your comic. It certainly wasn't the funniest comic in here but it was still pretty good.

FinnRagetti, don't worry too much about getting a Flyer. You can always get Kenya (the Spearow the guard gives you) in Goldenrod and you have plenty of chances to get a Zubat/Pidgey/Hoothoot, and you can always train Togepi.

Betting up Team Rocket in the Radio Tower right now, no one else died, but the one guy with all the Exploding Koffing/Weezing is kind of worrying me. I'll update after I beat them.

DetroitLolcat

Are you ready for...

DETROITLOLCAT's LEAFGREEN NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE
Part TwoBack And Forth

Afte he starts his journey off with a victory, Lolcat treks onward to the region's first route, thinking to himself "What kind of pokemon exist outside of Pallet Town? Will I find a Pidgey? or maybe a Rattata? Even...A shiny pokemon?? No, then I couldn't catch it because I have no Poke Balls." Little did Lolcat know that finding shinies was the least of his worries, as he was attacked by a wild Pidgey.
"Go, Kitteh!" said Lolcat "Use your Tackle!" Kitteh does as ordered and after the Squirtle and Pidgey exchange three tackles the bird faints and Kitteh takes his 23 Exp. Points like sweet nectar. After an uneventful stroll down Route 1, Kitteh reaches Viridian City and heals his damaged Squirtle.

After exploring the unfamiliar city, Kitteh reaches the Poke Mart. Even thoug he knew there awere no items in a Nuzlocke challenge, Kitteh tries to beat the system and asks the clerk for a Potion.

"No way, Jose!" says the cheerful clerk "this is a Nuzlocke challenge, so no items for you! Oh wait, you're that guy from Pallet, aren't you? Could you go deliver this parcel to the kind professor. I would do it myself but Oak is too sexy to leave his lab. I remember the last time he left he was raped by at least fifty Rattata."

Though scarred for life, Lolcat exits the Mart with Kitteh and the parcel and heads down Route 1 for the second time to Pallet Town.

After a long (minute-long...) hike, he arrives at Professor Oak's Lab.

"Oak!" Said Lolcat "You have a package fomr the guy in Viridian" After placing the package in the "Doomsday Devices" cabinet, Fool runs into the lab.

Oak says "Fool! Lolcat! In exchange for the parcel, I'll give the both of you something special." He hands them both Pokedexes. "These marvelous inventions of mine are Pokedexes, portable encyclopedias about every pokemon in Kanto. Err...at least, PROTOTYPES for the encyclopedias. As you go on your pokemon journeies, you will obviously encounter a myriad of pokemon, correct? Well, as you catch each pokemon, the Pokedex will record data on the pokemon. I want both of you to go out and catch as many pokemon as you can, so here. One pokedex and five pokeballs each. Use them wisely, because in a Nuzlocke challenge, you won't get much more."
Oh, and Lolcat gets a Town Map.
For the third time, the pair head for Route 1, and their destinies as great pokemon trainers. Hopefully.

Lolcat hikes up the rolling plains of Route One and lands in Viridian City, home of the First Pokemon Gym.

Lolcat, ready to contend for his First League Badge with his Level Ten Kitteh, steps confidently into the door and...
*SMACK*
Gets hit right in the face. The gym's locked.
Lolcat needs a partner for his starter, so he heads for Route 22, the gateway to the Pokemon League and Level 4 Pidgeys.

Lolcat dashes into the grass and spies a Level Two Rattata. Shit. Well, looks like that's my pokemon. One Tackle and a Poke Ball captures it. Lolcat looks at the nature and its... (whoops, forgot the nickname, If its alive in Vermillion I'll give it an extra-special name)
NAUGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

"YES!", Lolcat screamed into the wind, "A PLUS ATTACK NATURE!"
Lolcat euphorically runs into the Pokemon center and heals. Then, he goes to train his newly gotten Rattata. (Wow...the second pokemon I fould was a Mankey...I want a mankey...would have raped Brock...)
Well, no use complaining now, time to train that rat!
-A few battles later-
Rattata at level 9. Kitteh at 11.

Lolcat travels into the north wing of Viridian where he is stopped by a cranky old man.

"What's that, sonny? You can't catch Pokemon? Let me show you!" says the old man

"No, sir. I already have two poke-"

"Nonsense. I can count the pokeballs on your belt. Watch. One...uhh...One? Yeah, you only have one pokemon, you liar! Here's how to catch a pokemon"

-one pokemon later-

"Oh, and since you shouldn't forget, here's a Teachy TV"

Lolcat walks north to Viridian Forest, but it's late and he decides to spend his first night as a Pokemon Trainer in Viridian. He remembers Route 22 and decides to see where it leads. On the way there he meets his rival Fool, and they begin to spar.

BOSS BATTLE 2:
FOOL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lolcat sent out Rattata (Level 9)!
Fool sent out Pidgey (Level 9)
Rattata used Quick Attack
Pidgey used sand attack (Rattata HP 24/24)
Rattata's attack missed
Pidgey used Tackle (Rattata HP 18/14)
Lolcat switched to Kitteh (Level 11)
Pidgey used Tackle (Kitteh HP 25/30)
Kitteh used Bubble
Pidgey used Tackle (Kitteh HP 20/30)
Kitteh used Tackle
Kitteh's attack missed
Pidgey used Tackle (Kitteh HP 15/30)
Kitteh used Bubble
Pidgey used Tackle (Kitteh HP 10/30)
Kitteh used Bubble
Pidgey Fainted!
Fool Sent out Bulbasaur!
Lolcat switched to Rattata
Bulbasaur used Tackle (Rattata HP 13/24)
A Critical Hit!
Bulbasaur used Tackle (Rattata hp 8/24)
Bulbasaur Fainted!
Lolcat Won!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF PART 2

Updating my chalenge.

I forgot to post the rules I'm following in my previous thread. I'm pretty much following everything except

I'm going to buy pokeballs, but only if I'm out and in need.
I've already broken the nickname rule twice due to forgeting, but am trying to keep it
I don't know if using a Escape Rope was illegal, but it's the only item I've used so far.
I may be overleveling (if 18/19 when I enter Cerulean is too high that sucks cause I would normally be at around 22 by now).
Just out of curiosity, if I don't run in the grass on Route 24, come back later, and use a Super rod, does that break the rules sinse I will still capture the first pokemon I encounter?

After beating Brock, I went to Route 3 and the first pokemon I saw was a lvl 6 Pidgey. I just fainted it cause I already have one at lvl 11. Continued to Mt. Moon and caught a lvl 7 Geodude which I nicknamed Abby. Impish nature, nothing better to ask for. I don't know if Escape Rope is a legal item but I used it to save Gibbs (now a Charmeleon) from poison from the very last trainer in Mt. Moon. After Mt. Moon I hit Route 4 and caught a Rattata at lvl 10. Again, a Naive nature. It's not great but it could be worse. Was hoping for a Sandshrew cause I knew I would use him but whatever. Rattata isn't terrible. Forgot my rival shows up before the bridge, here's the log. And I continued to beat the bridge before calling it a day.

Pidgey lvl 11 vs Pidgeotto lvl 17
Both use Gust twice, I'm almost dead, rival is about 3/4
Switch Pidgey out for Abby who takes a Gust for 2 damage
Pidgeotto takes a Quick Attack and OHKOs back with Rock Throw
Rival sends out Squirtle lvl 18, I know Water Gun will OHKO Abby, but I don't want to take it with anybody
I send out Metapod as death fodder cause I wont use it anyway, it's OHKOed
Out comes Dinozo
Dinozo uses Karate Chop, Quirtle Tail Whips
Karate Chop again, Dinozo takes a Tackle
Karate CHop KOs Squirtle
Rival sends out Abra lvl 16
Dinozo uses Furry Swipes, hits 4 times, KOs Abra
Rival sends out Rattata lvl 15
It eats a Karate Chop which OHKOs
Dinozo is MVP, rival is defeated

Current Team:
Gibbs (lvl 20 Charmeleon)
Dinozo (lvl 20 Makney)
Abby (lvl 18 Geodude)
Pidgey (lvl 13)
Palmer (lvl 10 Rattata)
Will rename Pidgey in Lavendar Town if it still lives

Deceased:
Metapod (lvl 5) used as death fodder in battle with rival

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)