Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, so I believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a shiny nidoran(male or female) based upon egg hatching. I finally got a rash Nidoran(M) with correct nature and ability, but it is not shiny.
Maybe your parents are international? Or you input the incorrect SID?

The parents aren't international and of course I put in the correct SID, XD!

I've RNG bred pokemon plenty of times. I believe the reason is because of the nidorans' gender. Because it becomes a different pokemon as well.

believe me, breeding nidorans are different than breeding normal pokemon. I ran into a few problems with them when I bred for Nidoran(F) on platinum.

Enlisting any pokewalker abusers to save me 15 minutes of work later:

How long does it take to reseed with a delay of 0 after a SR? I'll provide a quick example, as I believe that will clarify the question quite a bit.

Let's say I want to hit a seed at 12:00:50 (of course with a 0 delay). Should I SR at 12:00:49, or at some time before that? This is assuming no action replay or anything of that nature and with a retail cart.

Enlisting any pokewalker abusers to save me 15 minutes of work later:

How long does it take to reseed with a delay of 0 after a SR? I'll provide a quick example, as I believe that will clarify the question quite a bit.

Let's say I want to hit a seed at 12:00:50 (of course with a 0 delay). Should I SR at 12:00:49, or at some time before that? This is assuming no action replay or anything of that nature and with a retail cart.
The pokewalker delay should be around 12 seconds less than your regular seconds delay. So if your regular seconds are 14, SR at 12:00:48

I'm doing Egg IVs on HG. I'm getting adjacents by roamers, but when I verify with Elm, I often discover that the first three calls were skipped, and I'm not talking about the skipped calls listed in RNG Reporter. Example:

(E,E,P skipped) P,K,K,K,K,P,K,E,P....

In this example, P,K,K are skipped and the calls start at K,K,P,E,P and continue onward as expected by RNG Reporter. When using just Elm calls to verify, RNG reporter always lands on the same adjacent as verified by Roamers, even with the three skipped calls.

Anyone know why this is happening? I am hitting the PokeGear as fast as I can when entering the game. I can't get my Egg IVs because of this problem. I've hit my seed several times and not gotten my IV results because of it.

Reasons why and solutions anyone? I have been stuck on the same egg for ages because of this. Please help.

I'm doing Egg IVs on HG. I'm getting adjacents by roamers, but when I verify with Elm, I often discover that the first three calls were skipped, and I'm not talking about the skipped calls listed in RNG Reporter. Example:

(E,E,P skipped) P,K,K,K,K,P,K,E,P....

In this example, P,K,K are skipped and the calls start at K,K,P,E,P and continue onward as expected by RNG Reporter. When using just Elm calls to verify, RNG reporter always lands on the same adjacent as verified by Roamers, even with the three skipped calls.

Anyone know why this is happening? I am hitting the PokeGear as fast as I can when entering the game. I can't get my Egg IVs because of this problem. I've hit my seed several times and not gotten my IV results because of it.

Reasons why and solutions anyone? I have been stuck on the same egg for ages because of this. Please help.
It shouldn't make a difference as long as you hit your target seed, whether Elm's first 3 responses were skipped...what's your target frame, and you do know that the starting frame is always 3 (when abusing for egg IV's), right? So if your target frame were 20, you'd call Elm 9 times, and then advance the frame a further 8 times.

On a separate note, I have question to ask myself. I just successfully RNG'd a wild poke, but it wasnt the gender I wanted. Does that mean it will always come up that gender and I have to find another seed? 'Cos there's no option to choose the gender of wild pokes in RNG Reporter...

I'm aiming for a seed to abuse IV's on an egg however there is a problem. There are two seeds that have the same sequence of coin flips. Do I just have to get lucky and hope that its the right seed, or is there a way to check?

It shouldn't make a difference as long as you hit your target seed, whether Elm's first 3 responses were skipped...what's your target frame, and you do know that the starting frame is always 3 (when abusing for egg IV's), right? So if your target frame were 20, you'd call Elm 9 times, and then advance the frame a further 8 times.

On a separate note, I have question to ask myself. I just successfully RNG'd a wild poke, but it wasnt the gender I wanted. Does that mean it will always come up that gender and I have to find another seed? 'Cos there's no option to choose the gender of wild pokes in RNG Reporter...
My target frame is 3. And yes, I've hit my seed several times per Roamer position, but when I called Elm I still failed to get my correct IVs.

So let me get this straight. If my target frame is three, do I call Elm three times? Or do I call him twice? Because I've done it both ways and not gotten my egg IVs. I've also tried just taking the egg before calling and still not gotten the IVs.

Your target frame is three, and you've got three roamers out? Then it's impossible, try a different spread with a higher frame.

I had the same problem with a frame of 9. I kept not getting my target IVs. I had missing Elm calls. I tried counting 9 Elm calls. I tried counting 8. I tried counting none. I've been on the same egg for over a week because I really am not sure what to do now.

Edit: I've checked and rechecked my my SID/Trainer number. I've redone the save while making note of the Roamers. I've tried without roamers. On the advice of a forum member, I beat the Elite Four and released them all again. The first poke I RNGed for egg IVs, I did not have this problem on HG, but this is only my second and I'm having a really bad time. I really need help.

So a few hours ago I caught a 31 IV adamant shiny regirock, my first non-egg RNG. Really appreciate you guys' help so much!

Now, here's a question. Say I just want to find a shiny larvitar or something, in an area with grass. If I hit my seed and do the RNG advances, can I just walk around in the grass (assuming I don't take 128 steps), and the pokemon I run into will be shiny? I think random encounter wild pokemon are generated thru method 1, mirite? Obviously my advances would correspond as such...

I had the same problem with a frame of 9. I kept not getting my target IVs. I had missing Elm calls. I tried counting 9 Elm calls. I tried counting 8. I tried counting none. I've been on the same egg for over a week because I really am not sure what to do now.
The Elm calls show you exactly what frame you're on, though. You shouldn;t just be blindly counting them; each one will show you wat frame you're on. Then when you get up to the frame with your egg, you stop and collect it.

So a few hours ago I caught a 31 IV adamant shiny regirock, my first non-egg RNG. Really appreciate you guys' help so much!

Now, here's a question. Say I just want to find a shiny larvitar or something, in an area with grass. If I hit my seed and do the RNG advances, can I just walk around in the grass (assuming I don't take 128 steps), and the pokemon I run into will be shiny? I think random encounter wild pokemon are generated thru method 1, mirite? Obviously my advances would correspond as such...
Walking in grass will give some advances for each step. It's best to use Sweet Scent in the grass, after calculating what advances it will give.

That's my point. I no longer know what frame I'm on because counting them makes no difference. My first attempts were always with frame 9. I had three missing calls. I tried counting six Elm calls. I tried counting 9. Both failed.

Should I have been counting five calls? Should I have been counting 8?

I've been getting different advice from different people and I feel like I'm turning in circles. Examples of conflicting advice I've had: Release the roamers, don't release them. If your frame is 9, stop counting at 8 and your egg will be on the next frame--count 9 Elm calls. Don't worry about which frame you're on. Pay attention to the Frame you're on because Elm calls will show you.

I know I start on frame 3 (which is exactly as stated on the advice in the first few posts of the thread), but I have these skipped calls and I don't know how to count the Elm calls. I really don't. Not after all the advice that hasn't helped me solve this. :-(

You shouldn't be counting, man. You should be going down the list, after each call gives you the result RNG Reporter says it would be. If the results doesn't match exactly with the ones in RNG Reporter, that's because you DIDN'T hit your seed. Simple as that.

If the Roamers are on the right route, but the calls doesn't match, it's because you missed your second, as happened to Romsstar.

I've already said that I did hit my seed, per position of Roamers and Elm calls. However, I am not getting my Egg IVs.

1) There are three skipped calls --after the skipped calls mentioned already by RNG Reporter. All the remaining calls match the seed position. If I use them to see if I was on my seed, I still get placed on my seed time by RNG Reporter. However, since I called too many times, I lost my opportunity to get my egg IVs.

2) I really don't know where to stop counting Elm calls any longer to hit my target frame because of the problem above and several fails counting different ways.

3) I know my starting frame is 3, which is what is stated to be the usual starting point when doing EGG IVs (post 2 of this help thread).

Edit: Anyhow, the only thing I really want right now is to know if anyone else gets these three EXTRA skipped Elm calls like I do and what they've done about it. Help from someone who has experienced this problem would be greatly appreciated.

So let me get this straight. If my target frame is three, do I call Elm three times? Or do I call him twice? Because I've done it both ways and not gotten my egg IVs. I've also tried just taking the egg before calling and still not gotten the IVs.
If your target frame is 9, you call Elm 6 times, pick up the egg.

If your target frame is 10, you call Elm 7 times, pick up the egg.

If your target frame is 11, you call Elm 8 times, pick up your egg.

If those 6, 7 or 8 calls match to RNG reporter, the egg you pick up will have the correct IV's.

It's that simple. Or am I missing something here?

Hi, Exie. Yes, you're missing that three Elm calls are missing from my list of calls. These are three extra calls, not the one's RNG Reporter says it skips.

According to RNG reporter, I am landing on the right seed even when the three extra calls are skipped. However, I can't get my Egg IVs no matter how I've counted Elm calls to compensate (or not compensate).

So I need to know if anyone else has experienced these extra skipped calls and what they've done about it.

Edit: This did not happen to me on my first attempt at Egg IVs on HG. That one went smoothly. This one is hell.

See this post for an example if you aren't sure what I mean about the skipped calls. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2666164&postcount=20453

Let's say your frame is, I don't know, 9. Then when you use RNGReproter it will show what Elm call each frame will give. So, it might be:

Frame Elm Call
1 P
2 P
3 E
4 K
5 K
6 P
7 P
8 E
9 K

Then let's say you start the game, the roamers match, and you call Elm and get K. Then you call again and get K. Then you call and get P. So you can be relatively sure that was frame 6. You call and get P. You call and get E. You stop and pick your egg up as quickly as possible before the NPC moves.

It doesn't matter too much about skipped calls at the beginning, because you can see what frame you're on anyway.

I'm finally ready to start RNGing for my first Pokemon in HG, but something still baffles me. I've read that if your egg is on frame higher than 1, then there will be an option to see the sequence of natures that you will get before obtaining the correct egg. Someone told me that these option is under the method HGSS Egg PID. I don't see this option in my version of RNG Reporter which is verson 8.10. Can someone help?
Edit: Nevermind I figured it out.

Is wondercard RNG the same in HGSS as in DPPt? Cause I want to test it out for the event dogs and I noticed no moving NPCs in Cerulean or Fushia pokemarts and thought it'd be easy.

Let's say your frame is, I don't know, 9. Then when you use RNGReproter it will show what Elm call each frame will give. So, it might be:

Frame Elm Call
1 P
2 P
3 E
4 K
5 K
6 P
7 P
8 E
9 K

Then let's say you start the game, the roamers match, and you call Elm and get K. Then you call again and get K. Then you call and get P. So you can be relatively sure that was frame 6. You call and get P. You call and get E. You stop and pick your egg up as quickly as possible before the NPC moves.
Yes, I did try that. I had a fail. But I will try again. Seems no one else here has experienced these extra skipped calls like me.

If I want to have a certain shiny spread on my game for catching wild pokemon, do I have to create a new game, or is there another way of doing this? Sorry, I'm old.

I still don't get it, man. What the hell are you talking about? It can't be skipping calls. If it skips calls, you are doing something obviously wrong. Which calls does it skip? Your problem is that you are counting, simple as that. You DON'T need to count. As soon as you enter the game, you'll open the pokegear and see the Roamers position. If it matches the one you needed, you get your seed, input it on the first screen of RNG Reporter, select Method Breeding (HGSS), and click generate, with the roamers on the routes they were when you saved.

Then, you skip the first frames, as they were skipped (they are the roamers frames), and start counting from your start frame (RNG Reporter will say what it is to you, no problem).

Then, you call once, and see if it matches the ELM column on the RNG Reporter screen. If it matches, you go to the next line. Call again, see if it matches.
And you do it until you are one line above the one with your IVs. Then you get your egg.

I can't explain it to you more clearly, so I hope you get it now.

Edit: No, there are no missing calls. If you don't exit the pokegear screen between each call, the frame can't be skipped. There is NOTHING that can advance your frame while you are inside the pokegear, unless you have something playing on the radio. Anyway, if there are frames missing, as you say, it's because you didn't hit your seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)