nj art

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
luvdisc 4 you :3

To be honest, at our level of art (not to offend anyone, but we're not professional- I think) You rarely need all the bells and whistles that come with the latest photoshop package, I use GIMP and that does all I need it to do, although I lose a bit of quality. But I know the programme well so i wouldn't switch without good reason.

I really like your art nasty, I've been meaning to comment for ages but never got round to it. i like how you use cross-hatchign for shading, yet don't ruin the flow of the image with it. good stuff keep it up ^^

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey everybody. Just a small update to kind of explain my situation right now.
Outside of Smogon, my art classes have started once again. I'm taking both a high level drawing and painting class, which are demanding my attention above all else at the moment. Both have work I need to be doing right now in order to meet deadlines. In addition, school in itself is demanding, semester has just begun and I have all of my other classes to think about as well.

Within Smogon, I'm working on two separate articles for the Smog, in which both will have multiple pieces of art that I need to do. In addition to the Smog, BoTW needs two original comics every time a new one is released.

To sum it up, I'm really, really busy at the moment, and feeling very overworked. I just can't keep up with all these requests from individual users. So, requests at the moment are closed. I'm not going to take any more, period. Requests that have already been made...well, there are a ton of you, to say the least. I cannot promise that your request will get done at all, with how many of them I have. Requests that I have promised to do, they are going to be incredibly slow to come. I'm very sorry to the people I have promised things too, but I just can't keep up with this workload. I don't know when individual requests will start getting done, but I can tell you it's probably going to be quite a while. I'm really sorry you guys, but my real life work just has to come first. Things directly related to Smogon will come second, and user requests are just very far down on the list of things to do right now.

Thanks for everybody's patience.

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey I know how you feel, I'm working on my first Smog article whilst trying to fit the time around my art GCSE, really takes it out of ya ^^;
Artists are so high in demand on these forums, and considering the number we have its almost scary how many requests are posted- people should be mough thoughtful >_>

Anyway, good luck with your classes and I'll make sure to keep track of you in Botw and The Smog!

One question:Will you still update this thread with your art or are you closing it?

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
This slowdown is definitely temporary. I'll still update my thread with Smog/BoTW art as well as art from my classes. As soon as I'm not so busy, I'll go back to doing requests. So the thread should still be pretty active :)

hey so nasty I really hope you do well in all of your classes and everything. From the looks of things, I'm sure you're going to do great :)
I look forward to your articles and everything, and I suggest maybe getting some other artists to do the art in them for you (since you're busy and stuff) unless you think it's really important for them to have a 'personal' touch. There are plenty of people who I'm sure would be willing to take some of the pressure off you.

caw, that budew looks like a fuzzy scented sticker. in the 3d even!

Looking forward to seeing the meticulous Rosie of Rivets drawing completed.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Well haha I don't want to bitch about it, it's only two articles after all. In themselves, it's not trouble, but with my other commitments plus user requests is where it becomes a bit much. I don't think I'll have any problems getting all this stuff done, I just have to put off individual requests for now.

I don't want to sound lazy!!

I think you love Budews.
what would give you that idea?

thanks Cartoons! I wish it was as nice as your koffweezing though!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
alright this will be my last time updating this for a long time
unless you guys want me to keep you updated on the progress

Nice to see a different style, I like it. I look forward to the finished version of the previous piece.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
was doing a prep comic to prepare myself for some more botw stuff
the joke was terrible and immature so i didnt finish, but heres the single panel that did get completed, might as well show it

you guys can invent your own joke to go with it

was doing a prep comic to prepare myself for some more botw stuff
the joke was terrible and immature so i didnt finish, but heres the single panel that did get completed, might as well show it

you guys can invent your own joke to go with it
You're a tease... I want to see what it would look like finished.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
comments and whatever appreciated as always
unless somebody can find some major flaw, as far as im concerned, I'm done with the head.

Fluid canister in the back is a nice touch.

I really love how how you pattern the blacks n' whites, the empty spaces and the busy spaces; your drawings have a great sense of rhythm to them which makes them particularly easy on the eyes. Evident too in how you layout the comics. Not only does each panel work compositionally, but they're just fun to go through and easy to understand, which isn't always a simple task.

Which is to say, we can forgive a lame joke every now and then because the art always rocks.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You're not lazy-- I'M lazy! I can't imagine actively doing requests in this forum. >__>'

Also I can't imagine doing the type of fine line art of your style-- I think it would make my head explode. Way too sexy my friend.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
layers upon layers of collars

As far as the head goes, no complaints. Maybe double-check if the reflections makes sense, otherwise it was fun to see how you progressed from the face and backwards. Are you planning to color and shade it, or will you keep it to outlines?

On a small sidenote, if you plan to post more WIPs at dA, you can edit your latest submission with the current image and have the box checked to notify those who watch you.

And CS2 is almost 4 programs outdated; but I love it like my own! It can pretty much do near everything that the newer versions can as far as artwork goes, I've found; and I've had it for 6 years now, so I know my way around it pretty well.
fistbump

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Fluid canister in the back is a nice touch.

I really love how how you pattern the blacks n' whites, the empty spaces and the busy spaces; your drawings have a great sense of rhythm to them which makes them particularly easy on the eyes. Evident too in how you layout the comics. Not only does each panel work compositionally, but they're just fun to go through and easy to understand, which isn't always a simple task.

Which is to say, we can forgive a lame joke every now and then because the art always rocks.
Thanks Cartoons :) I'm so glad that you can tell that's supposed to be some type of liquid in there, I redid that way too many time stressing over whether or not it looked like it was supposed to look. Getting compliments from you always brightens my day especially because you're probably my favorite artist on the entire site (your coloring is so stylish). I'm glad you can forgive a bad joke because nine times out of ten, they're pretty pitiful. Bummer's got me beaten badly in that respect.

You're not lazy-- I'M lazy! I can't imagine actively doing requests in this forum. >__>'

Also I can't imagine doing the type of fine line art of your style-- I think it would make my head explode. Way too sexy my friend.
Much loves Chou! Your comments always brighten my day too :) And I'm glad you think they look crisp! It's because they're so zoomed out, at 100% zoom the lines look absolutely horrible, haha. I went ahead and did it big in case I might be doing prints of this. I'm rarely happy with my work, but I'm pretty proud of this, so prints are a definite maybe, ha. (Would anybody maybe be interested in prints?)

layers upon layers of collars

As far as the head goes, no complaints. Maybe double-check if the reflections makes sense, otherwise it was fun to see how you progressed from the face and backwards. Are you planning to color and shade it, or will you keep it to outlines?

On a small sidenote, if you plan to post more WIPs at dA, you can edit your latest submission with the current image and have the box checked to notify those who watch you.
I'm not sure how I'll handle coloring at this point, I'm thinking of going just plain gray on the insides and not do any coloring detail, just to make the lineart pop more, but I'm not sure. And yeah, some of my reflections are a little funky, haha. Metal is so hard to draw, I had no idea!
And sorry about spamming inboxes on dA! I'm doing it picture by picture because the teacher asked me to keep a record of them, so dA gives me a nice little permanent home for each one (I should probably start making more of them scraps, though).

Which reminds me, I've never actually posted my dA account. So here you go, anybody who wants to watch me. Nothing is posted there that isn't posted here usually, but I update my dA before this thread most of the time. I'll watch you back as well, I'd love to keep up on my fellow Smogoner's dA accounts.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How the hell big is the original image? O.o 5000 x 5000???

Even so, that's still impressive. For those who don't actually do digital art (ie. the "viewing only"/Spriter crowd of Smeargle), I'll note that the bigger you make the original dimensions, the harder it is to control the movements of that little 3 pixel paint brush. The smaller the picture, the easier it is to make nice line art-- but you can't get lines as fine and smooth as what Nasty does. It's really impressive no matter how you look at it.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Not quite haha, it's 2276 x 3362 (funny, I thought it was bigger).

And haha stop stroking my ego so much! I don't want to get a big head (although like I said before, lots of effort has gone into this, I'm pretty proud)!

Black and white, clean, hatching. Hnnnnng, oh god don't fangirl Wyverii stay calm.

Metallic surfaces has been a achilles heel of mine for quite a while now. It's great to see it in this style and so well done as well. The heavy shadows, light marks all come together to really give it a stylised and yet authetic feel. The personality of the piece is also showing through a lot as well. Can't wait to see it finished!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)