B&W Research Thread

If you clone it, it will still have the same PID, which is probably what is making it evolve with a different ability.

@ below 1 month 4 days away and I think that belongs here.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Competitive Spirit does not activate if you are targeted by your ally.

Tangela used Tickle on Komatama.
Komatama's attack and defense falls.
Nothing else happens.

Also, using Fling into a Protect no longer reveals the flung held item.

I just read this warstory: what The Flux?

Start of turn 18
The foe's Kojondo sprang up!

Goruggo used Rock Polish!
Goruggo's Speed sharply rose!

(2-3)
100% +2 SPE vs
93%

Start of turn 19
Goruggo used Earthquake!
The foe's Kojondo lost 93% of its health!
The foe's Kojondo fainted!
I dont know if it works like this in the real games

Goruggo has No Guard as a dream world ability (And the link says that battle was on the PO DW tier). That's how No Guard worked in 4th gen, at least. It actually hit opponents using fly/dig/etc. No idea if that's the same in 5th gen though.

Goruggo has No Guard as a dream world ability (And the link says that battle was on the PO DW tier). That's how No Guard worked in 4th gen, at least. It actually hit opponents using fly/dig/etc. No idea if that's the same in 5th gen though.
>The foe's Gyarados hid underwater!
>Machamp used Stone Edge! A critical hit! yada yada yada
Can confirm this works in-game that way. Happened in a random wifi match.

breh

強いだね
>The foe's Gyarados hid underwater!
>Machamp used Stone Edge! A critical hit! yada yada yada
Can confirm this works in-game that way. Happened in a random wifi match.
yes, but specifically bounce/fly and ground moves are my main concern

Confirmed Beat Up's new damage formula uses the Attack of each attacker and Defense of the target, but its BP for each hit = 5 + (Base Attack of Attacker / 10). However, if the user's Attack is boosted through the use of an ability, move or item, all Beat Up hits will be boosted. (mien)
Does Technician apply to every hit, because it boosts base power and not attack?
I also have reason to beleive that Beat up deals dark-type instead of typeless damage and applies STAB. I've tried it on PO and Bulbapedia agrees, so if we're not sure it warrants a test.
Bulbapedia said:
Beat Up no longer lists the Pokémon that is using Beat Up, and has a chance of landing a critical hit for each hit. Beat Up now receives STAB from Dark-type users and no longer deals typeless damage.
That's very specific.

Does Technician apply to every hit, because it boosts base power and not attack?
I also have reason to beleive that Beat up deals dark-type instead of typeless damage and applies STAB. I've tried it on PO and Bulbapedia agrees, so if we're not sure it warrants a test.
It's quite ironic that you are using bulbapedia and PO as a reliable source even though they get all their information regarding the game's mechanics from this topic(they rarely do research themselves). If you would have read the link next to the sentence you quoted which contains the post of the actual research like bulbapedia's editors did, you would have seen that it indeed gets STAB when used by a dark type.

Oh, I'm sorry... That was pretty noobish of me, because I thought that the names were just to reference who did the research, and not provide more information. Thanks for enlightening me.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Holy crap. Holy crap. Curse boosts ATK and DEF for all non ghost type pokemon, right? Submerge changes any pokemon it hits into a water type pokemon, right?

So when you use submerge on a ghost type pokemon, it SHOULD be able to use curse right? Has this been asked or tested before? Can a submerged ghost type use curse to boost its attack and defense instead of cutting down its hp?

Holy crap. Holy crap. Curse boosts ATK and DEF for all non ghost type pokemon, right? Submerge changes any pokemon it hits into a water type pokemon, right?

So when you use submerge on a ghost type pokemon, it SHOULD be able to use curse right? Has this been asked or tested before? Can a submerged ghost type use curse to boost its attack and defense instead of cutting down its hp?
I'm having a hard time thinking of any scenario where this would be remotely useful enough to justify a double "Holy crap". But since I'm fond of irony, I'm enjoying it now. ;)

breh

強いだね

I don't see any gaps in your logic, but an interesting thing to test.

(Can't see much reason for holy crapping either)

Dusknoir would like to increase attack and defense, but it wouldnt have any STAB moves and it would be only viable for doubles where set up isn't as good as in singles.

goLURK!

I don't see anything odd. The opponent becomes a water type. Not a Ghost type. But if anything unusual happens, Mirror Type is probably worth testing too.

breh

強いだね
what happens when one uses me first + gem? does it activate at all? does normal gem activate? does the [type of the move used] gem activate?

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I searched the entire thread and found nothing regarding this, so either this is not known, or this was never 100% confirmed. Regardless:

Heal Block now blocks Leftovers.

(Watch around the 6th minute mark to see that オーベム does indeed carries Leftovers.)

EDIT:

And what am I missing here? How did Ninjask managed to use Baton Pass before Aria Meloetta with +6 Speed under Trick Room?

Wait..wha--
How the shit did that happen? In a nutshell:

Twisted dimentions returned to normal.
Ninjask uses Swords Dance.
Meloetta uses Trick Room.
speed Boost kicks in.
Ninjask used Baton Pass despite being faster and trick room.

So yeah, maybe BP has priority now? I'm gonna test it soon. Now >_>

edit: maybe Meloetta was holding a lagging tail/iron ball? In a few minutes ill post my results.

Results.
*Send in level 12 lopunny against level 71 sharpedo.
*Switch to wondertomb, KO, and Lopunny level-jumps to 27.
*Lopunny's speed is now 88.
*Switch Lopunny in
*Giima sends out Crookodile/Warubiaru, level 71
*I select Baton Pass. He goes first. Lopunny dies to Earthquake. I die before baton passing.

Yup, probably that Meloetta had a lagging tail.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What if it has something to do with Speed Boost...?

And it can't be Lagging Tail; a couple turns later, she outsped Ninjask under Trick Room and used Psychic, and then she's outsped by an Umbreon.

Strange, strange.

My guess, as Ninjask later died when it attempted to use what I presume to be an attacking move, is that there is some special interaction between 2 of the following: Trick Room, Baton Pass and Speed Boost.

Looks very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)