Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LordAizen, take a Cyndaquil. As soon as possible, it must know and keep 3 Fire type moves.

@HotDave, take a Sawk named SAWK!!! it can only learn Fighting moves, and every time it defeats a Gym Leader's Pokemon, Rival's Pokemon, or any other major Pokemon, you must scream FEAR MY SAWK!!!

No requirements for klinklang.

Ok so my team for GSC shall be

Cyndaquil with 3 fire moves
Sentret with always a normal move, pure attacking moves, can't fight ghosts and can only do neautral hits and I must Solo will with it
Meowth with payday
Bellsprout with Sleep powder, stun spore, Poison powder
Beedrill with only two attacking moves and 1 must be Twinneedle

I need the last pokemon to be able to learn surf and stuff lol xD.

Aizen, catch the first Water-type you encounter that learns surf. It can only use HM moves and non-damaging moves.

I still need something that learns Fly that isn't Sigilyph, is nicknamed, and is not weak against Fighting.

Quick update on my Solo Scramble:

That's it then! I will attempt to beat Pokémon Pearl using only:

Goodyear the Drifloon
I rolled a 6, so the restriction is that it may only know level-up moves, with no restrictions on the evolution.

Wish me luck!
Did you know Constrict isn't very good? The abundance of Bidoofs and Starlys early on means that despite having the better Astonish, Constrict was my only method of beating these. It also loses PP quickly, as it's only 20 power. Good God, I swear this move is as bad as Splash.

Luckily, Shinxs and Kricketots (sometimes) appear too, meaning that training was not as monotonous as I thought it would.

Goodyear is now level 11, meaning it has Gust! Hooray! Still no idea how I'm going to beat the Rock Gym though.

Oh wait.

Grinding.

Lots of it.

Goodyear the Female Drifloon@Nothing
Timid Nature
Level 11
Aftermath (-.-)

-Constrict
-Minimize
-Astonish
-Gust

alright, here's a quick recap of my scramble challenge:

Start with a Mudkip, nicknamed 'HM Kill'
Must Solo Roxanne, Brawley, Wiona (or whatever her name is) and Norman.
Can evolve to Marshtomp by doing 1 of 2 things:
1. After soloing Roxanne and Brawley.
2. By defeating 50 zigzagoons.
Can evolve to Swampert by doing 1 of 2 things:
1. Not teaching Swampert Surf or Muddy Water
2. You may only ever have one HM slave in your party at a time, but it can only know 1 HM move.

Take a Beautifly. Solo Sidney. If you think that it is too hard only solo three of his mons.

you get an aron named "SteelRocks". This aron thinks the steel type rocks! The only moves it's gonna use must be steel type (once it learns metal claw @lvl13), but once it evolves it notices there's really no point in only using steel moves, so give it some rock type moves too! Then it evolves again, and notices that both steel and rock hit ice for SE damage, so have it solo all ice types from now on! (unless it conflicts with another challenge).
Good luck.

take a Cacnea named Spiky. It must know 2 Level up moves, 1 TM or HM move, and one Move Tutor move, or it cannot attack.

take an swablu, name Tralala. it must know and keep sing. every time you get to someplace where there is new music, you must send it to the front and encounter a pokemon and sing against it until it falls asleep (you may not switch/heal). evolve after you get to lilycove and defeat your rival (must do the sing thing as well)

you get Dumbass the Magikarp it can only evolve by fainting 7 times........
and well other then that there are no restrictions.

I have just started, and I'm about to take on my rival. After that, I'll catch a Wurmple which will hopefully evolve into Silcoon. Next update will most likely be much more exciting.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Its_A_Random's Super Random Spectacular Scramble! (A 1k post)

Hi all, this is my 1k post! Hooray! Hooray! Random Shoutouts to everyone in this Scramble Community for some reason, being my 1k...

Anyways, to celebrate this milestone post, I'll be queuing up a challenge for Heart Gold, called "Its_A_Random's Super Random Spectacular Scramble!" This will be a 6 Pokemon Scramble, all of which will have varying difficulties & yeah...

Anyways, for each challenge must fall into a different category:

• A ridiculously easy challenge.
  • An insanely difficult challenge.
  • A challenge I've issued in the past.
  • An extremely variable challenge.
  • A ridiculously creative challenge.
  • A second one from either of the mentioned categories.
Bold Indicates that the category is taken.

The Rules:

• Heart Gold Version
  • I can trade, but I will only do so for evolution purposes.
  • Pokewalker accessible.
  • I do reserve the right to reject challenges for whatever reason.
  • I'd prefer if only well respected users give me a challenge.
  • A minimum of 5 Pokemon before the E4, & all Pokemon must be obtained by Pewter City.
  • Final battle probably against Red.
  • Fuck what Rule 4 says (In the OP), I'm going to say that a Legendary is compulsory for this Scramble. While I'm at it, I also want a Surfer & Flyer, A Starter is optional.
  • No signature challenges that isn't yours, but mine is acceptable.
  • Don't drudge me, or give level caps of any sort.
  • At least two attacking options per Pokemon.
  • You don't have to be ridiculously creative.
  • You must specify which category what challenge will be in
  • No reservations, please.
  • Make the challenges fun.

And without further ado, fire away with challenges.
  • Red Gyarados [Easy]: Must know & keep Dragon Dance (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Ho-Oh (DscoNferno) [Creative]: Must have a move from the following categories:
    Turn Up the Heat- Sunny Day / Sacred Fire / Overheat / basically any Fire move
    Super Fly- Fly / Brave Bird
    Get His Swagg On- Swagger / Punishment / Hyper Beam
    Chill- Recover / Rest / Roost
    Must solo 2 Kanto Gym Leaders, whenever a Pokemon uses a move with Dance in its name, it must come in & kill it, & it must solo Red's Pikachu (Dummy007)
  • Sunkern (Troll) [Hard]: RNG a number between 1-20. This is how many GLP Troll must solo before evolution (+1 E4 Member if number is less than 10, or 2 if number is less then 5). Can only be healed through the use of Pokemon Centres, max three per town when Troll is in the party, Must be done on first try, otherwise, may never evolve until I solo Blue. Only STAB move is Seed Bomb (Galladiator)
  • Sudowoodo [Creative]: Must win the 5 Pokeathlon events with Sudowoodo, then buy an item & use it on it. I must then teach it a TM/MT move starting with the same letter as the used Item. After each badge, I must participate it in a Pokeathlon Challenge (ObsidianRanger)
  • Kangaskhan [Payback]: If Scrappy as ability, Must know Normal & Fighting type moves & cannot be used against Morty. If Early Bird as Ability, Must solo Morty, & when it learns a new move, it must replace the oldest move it knows. Either way, it must solo an E4 Member of my choice on the first try, failure to do so means it must give up a move slot permanently (Skwog)
  • Nidoran M/F (Very Able/NoReserves) [Variable]: If it has poison point it can't have any poison type moves and must solo either Koga or Janine, if it has rivalry it must appear against all gym leaders of the same gender unless it conflicts with another challenge and solo 1 GL of the same gender.
    If it's male you must teach it swagger, if it's female you must teach it attract.
    Now it gets a move based on nature, +att=physical attack, +spa=special, +def/spdef=growl/leer depending on gender, +speed=substitute and neutral=whatever you want.
    Next you get a move based on which of the following GLs you choose to solo, if you solo whitney you get headbutt, if you solo chuck you get focus punch, if you solo pryce you get blizzard/ice beam and if you solo clair you get whatever you want. If you solo more than 1 of these GLs you can choose which move you want (eg. solo whitney and get headbutt, then solo pryce and replace headbutt with blizzard).
    Now roll a die, this is for your last move, if you roll a 1 you get any level up move, 2= any HM move, 3= any TM move, 4=any special attack, 5=any physical attack and 6=any move under 61bp.
    Now the last thing for you to do is flip a coin, if heads name this pokemon "Very Able", if tails name it "NoReserves" (Dark Ray)

That concludes Post #1000 for me.

Reserving Its_A_Random's 'creative challenge'

Catch Sudowoodo, and take it to the Pokeathlon.
You must win in each of the five event sets (speed, jump etc...) with Sudowoodo in the team as soon as possible.
You must buy at least one item via cashing in your points and use it on Sudowoodo (Rare Candy, pp up or Moomoo milk)

After doing this, you must teach Sudowoodo a tm or move tutor move starting with the same letter as the item you used on it (do this as soon as possible).

Since Sudowoodo loves the Pokeathlon so much, you must enter him in an event as soon as possible each time you get a badge (except the first three), and you must make him a hall of fame Pokemon (ribbon from each course) straight after you beat the E4 the first time (if it doesn’t all ready have a ribbon for the 5 courses)

Nickname what ever you want

your starter is a Totodile named "Rippy". This Totodile loves to swim, and therefore must learn and keep Surf as soon as possible. It also prides itself in being exceptionally powerful. Because of this power, it will not evolve until you fight a formidable opponent. It must solo Whitney in order to evolve into Croconaw.

Once a Croconaw, it learns how powerful it's jaws are, and must know one of Bite, Crunch, or Ice Fang at all times. Croconaw retains its love for swimming, however, and can only evolve once it swims in three different locations.

Once a Feraligatr, it must keep Surf and an attack involving its jaws as a reminder of its learning experiences, and other than that there are no restrictions.

I dunno how I would classify this one, it doesn't seem insanely hard (besides having to solo Whitney).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@ObsidianRanger: There is no such thing as reservations in this scramble.

@Texas: Accepted.

@assassinfried: Accepted, I would classify it as creative.

Four more.

EDIT: @Galladiator: Accepted.

@ObsidianRanger: Accepted.

Two more, a Variable & a Payback Challenge, the Variable must be a Legendary as per the rules (I don't care about Rule 4)...

Do I count as "well-respected"? If so:

Insanely Difficult challenge: look up my "Troll" the Sunkern challenge I gave Texas a couple pages back. You get that.

Yo Random! Yo second creative challenge comes straight to ya from the sultan of swagg: DscoNferno the Ho-oh! Because he's a disco dancing king, he must learn one move from each of the following categories:

Turn Up the Heat- Sunny Day / Sacred Fire / Overheat / basically any Fire move
Super Fly- Fly / Brave Bird
Get His Swagg On- Swagger / Punishment / Hyper Beam
Chill- Recover / Rest / Roost

Now, because ya'll Ho-oh is so fly, he's gotta solo two Kanto Gym Leaders to strut is stuff. Also, any time some playa hater (read: any other Pokemon) use a move that's got dance in its name, you must, without hesitatin', send in DscoNferno to show 'em who's boss. Also, Red's Pikachu thinks it's the baddest beast in the land, so solo it and put it in its place. Peace!

EDIT: Nooooooooooooo! I hate it when I take the time to plan a challenge, and I've been ninja'd by the time I finish. I'll take the variable one, but don't expect it until tomorrow (by which time I will have been ninja'd again...)

DOUBLE EDIT: ...de-ninja'd?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
That Ho-Oh is too good to refuse...Stuff the rules that Ho-Oh is so in this Scramble...Now what to drop...

EDIT: Sorry assassinfried, I'm dropping your challenge, to make way for this bird, hope you understand. Two to go, need a Payback challenge & a Variable Challenge. A Surfer is needed.

DOUBLE EDIT: @ Skwog: Accepted. Only the variable challenge to go.

@Random

Take this Kangskhan you gave me for my SoulSilver Scramble. If you want you can ignore the lowest leveled member clause if you consider it to be a level cap.

Skwog, get a Kangaskhan from your Pokewalker.
If it has Scrappy, It may not be used against Morty, & it may only know Normal & Fighting Type moves.
If it has Early Bird, have it solo Morty (*cough*Bite*cough*), & when it learns a new move, it must replace the oldest move it knows.
Either way, it must be the lowest leveled Pokemon in your party at all times, & it must solo an E4 member of your choice on the first go, failure to do so will result in it losing a moveslot permanently.

Have fun.

take a Staru named Rockstar can only evlove when it learns surf must learn thunderbolt, surf, Psychic and ice beam before you battle Red
is this a variable i dont know?
EDIT: must not battle rock, fire, flying, fighting,grass or dragon gyms

WTF! How can random not have his variable challenge yet? And what is with people reserving and then signing off for hours?
@Random, these fools don't know the meaning of the word variable so here is your variable challenge.
First, catch the first nidoran you see.
1. If it has poison point it can't have any poison type moves and must solo either koga or janine, if it has rivalry it must appear against all gym leaders of the same gender unless it conflicts with another challenge and solo 1 GL of the same gender.
2. If it's male you must teach it swagger, if it's female you must teach it attract.
3. Now it gets a move based on nature, +att=physical attack, +spa=special, +def/spdef=growl/leer depending on gender, +speed=substitute and neutral=whatever you want.
4. Next you get a move based on which of the following GLs you choose to solo, if you solo whitney you get headbutt, if you solo chuck you get focus punch, if you solo pryce you get blizzard/ice beam and if you solo clair you get whatever you want. If you solo more than 1 of these GLs you can choose which move you want (eg. solo whitney and get headbutt, then solo pryce and replace headbutt with blizzard).
5. Now roll a die, this is for your last move, if you roll a 1 you get any level up move, 2= any HM move, 3= any TM move, 4=any special attack, 5=any physical attack and 6=any move under 61bp.
Now your moveset should look like this, move based on gender/move based on nature/move based on solo/move based on die roll.
6. Now the last thing for you to do is flip a coin, if heads name this pokemon "Very Able", if tails name it "NoReserves".
Good luck.

Also, @everyone else, remember to vote for the page 300 scramble awards, nominations are on page 300 and in the group so check it out and PM me with your votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)