OmegaDonut asked me to help anyone who asks me personally how to find their parameters. Stick to VM's, DO NOT PM ME. Here are the instructions though, which are likely what I will tell you if you message me.
To everyone trying to find their DS parameters, here are the steps:
0. Inform yourself that the current version of RNG Reporter only supports Japanese versions. Keep the C-gear turned OFF as not not screw up your seed.
1. Enter your FULL MAC Adress (all 12 digits). OD actually recommends this for all MAC values in order to keep uniformity (plus, this value works for any place where you currently use 6 digits).
2. Start the game at an arbitrary seconds value (you must know its range within a minute, not that hard).
3. Encounter Cobalion (recommended), and catch with your master ball (do not save!!! you are only finding your parameters!)
4. Verify its IVs. Three (3) Rare Candies are good enough to narrow it down to a very small range of IVs.
5. Set your minimum seconds value to 0, and max to 59, since it will definitely lie within that range.
6. Try every possible combo of IVs, and it will find your parameters for you.
7. Here is a convo I had on irc with bond697 regarding emulators:
[15:34] <Bond697> i see someone asked you about using an emulator
[15:34] <Bond697> there are only 2 possible parameter sets for that
[15:34] <Bond697> 1 with bus-level timing on and 1 with bus-level timing off
[15:35] <Bond697> you also need to search wayyy different parameter sets than the default to find a working set
[16:03] <LoLNixLunch> what do you mean by different parameters?
[16:03] <LoLNixLunch> you mean different seeds/seconds values?
[16:19] <Bond697> different vcount/timer0/vframe
[16:20] <Bond697> it depends on whether the person has bus-level timing on or off
[16:20] <Bond697> just fyi so you don;t end up confused later
[16:28] <NixHex> okay
[16:30] <NixHex> is there a default for bus-level timing in desmume or whatever emulater they choose to use?
[17:01] <Bond697> i think it defaults to on
[17:02] <Bond697> it's in the emulator config options
Originally Posted by Fat Melee Mewtwo
If RBY Cloyster didn't have Clamp hax, would you stick your dick in that?
Last edited by NixHex; Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:29:01 PM.