5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah I've been letting it search for like 5 minutes and the best I've gotten was an HP Fighting one (trying a timid spread). What's the highest frame you can go without it being ridiculous?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OmegaDonut asked me to help anyone who asks me personally how to find their parameters. Stick to VM's, DO NOT PM ME. Here are the instructions though, which are likely what I will tell you if you message me.

To everyone trying to find their DS parameters, here are the steps:
0. Inform yourself that the current version of RNG Reporter only supports Japanese versions. Keep the C-gear turned OFF as not not screw up your seed.
1. Enter your FULL MAC Adress (all 12 digits). OD actually recommends this for all MAC values in order to keep uniformity (plus, this value works for any place where you currently use 6 digits).
2. Start the game at an arbitrary seconds value (you must know its range within a minute, not that hard).
3. Encounter Cobalion (recommended), and catch with your master ball (do not save!!! you are only finding your parameters!)
4. Verify its IVs. Three (3) Rare Candies are good enough to narrow it down to a very small range of IVs.
5. Set your minimum seconds value to 0, and max to 59, since it will definitely lie within that range.
6. Try every possible combo of IVs, and it will find your parameters for you.
7. Here is a convo I had on irc with bond697 regarding emulators:

[15:34] <Bond697> i see someone asked you about using an emulator
[15:34] <Bond697> there are only 2 possible parameter sets for that
[15:34] <Bond697> 1 with bus-level timing on and 1 with bus-level timing off
[15:35] <Bond697> you also need to search wayyy different parameter sets than the default to find a working set
[16:03] <LoLNixLunch> what do you mean by different parameters?
[16:03] <LoLNixLunch> you mean different seeds/seconds values?
[16:19] <Bond697> different vcount/timer0/vframe
[16:20] <Bond697> it depends on whether the person has bus-level timing on or off
[16:20] <Bond697> just fyi so you don;t end up confused later
[16:28] <NixHex> okay
[16:30] <NixHex> is there a default for bus-level timing in desmume or whatever emulater they choose to use?
[17:01] <Bond697> i think it defaults to on
[17:02] <Bond697> it's in the emulator config options

When C-Gear searching, I'm using the European White version. It says either Japanese black or White so shall I just put in White regardless?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can anybody find some spreads for me (C-Gear)?
MAC address: EDE751E5OD4A
Delay: 1600-6000
Frame: >30

Any good spreads like 31/31/31/31/31/31 or 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/x/31/31 oe good hidden powers since I don't know how to check by myself

I'm using a retail cart, european game

OmegaDonut asked me to help anyone who asks me personally how to find their parameters. Stick to VM's, DO NOT PM ME. Here are the instructions though, which are likely what I will tell you if you message me.

0. Inform yourself that the current version of RNG Reporter only supports Japanese versions.
1. Enter your FULL MAC Adress (all 12 digits). OD actually recommends this for all MAC values in order to keep uniformity (plus, this value works for any place where you currently use 6 digits).
2. Start the game at an arbitrary seconds value (you must know its range within a minute, not that hard).
3. Encounter Cobalion (recommended), and catch with your master ball (do not save!!! you are only finding your parameters!)
4. Verify its IVs. Three (3) Rare Candies are good enough to narrow it down to a very small range of IVs.
5. Set your minimum seconds value to 0, and max to 59, since it will definitely lie within that range.
This is just for Non C Gear right? Also can anyone answer me what's the highest frame you can go before it becomes impossible?

0. Inform yourself that the current version of RNG Reporter only supports Japanese versions.
if I'm using an emulator,this method works? if yes,should I put in DS type custom?
and,when entering in the game,should I turn on or off the cgear?

Finally found a seed, but I need this question asked: In 4th Gen, I found my average seconds by calibration. I'm on step 1 of Hitting your C-Gear Seed and I need to know how have you guys figured out what seconds to use in the Seeds to Time?

:EDIT:

NVM

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
If you're using C-Gear, yes it's just bad luck. You want to let your DS sit for a couple seconds to further randomize the PIDRNG.

Yeah, that's pretty much the part that a lot of people are waiting on a change to. *already has IVs and reset time saved to an Excel document for whenever it happens :nerd:*

Got my delay for 7 times now, but my syncher keeps failing. Is that just bad luck?
Yes it is. Try saving once before your encounter, since that advances the PIDRNG by an extra 1 and might land you on the right nature. If that doesn't work, save twice, and as on and so forth.

Will this work if you use an AR? And, can you use sweet scent instead? I've already caught my stationaries.

Will this work if you use an AR? And, can you use sweet scent instead? I've already caught my stationaries.
AR changes how the DS starts. You can use your AR to find seeds, but this is VERY complicated and currently it is impossible to use with the RNGReporter, even for a Japanese game.

It is possible, but not likely, that OmegaDonut will include the use of AR in the new reporter, but for now, it isn't possible in anyway.

When C-Gear searching, I'm using the European White version. It says either Japanese black or White so shall I just put in White regardless?

asking again, as Im checking IV's and they cant be found

EDIT: Thanks man

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
If you're using C-Gear, yes it's just bad luck. You want to let your DS sit for a couple seconds to further randomize the PIDRNG.
Yeah, that's pretty much the part that a lot of people are waiting on a change to. *already has IVs and reset time saved to an Excel document for whenever it happens :nerd:*

Yes it is. Try saving once before your encounter, since that advances the PIDRNG by an extra 1 and might land you on the right nature. If that doesn't work, save twice, and as on and so forth.

Yeah I'm doing C-Gear abuse on my retail Black card. So, I save or wait a few seconds after I did the frame advancements?

Edit: Waiting a few seconds before I encountered it did the job for me! Finally got it. Thank you very much!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'm about to update my post with this.
Caveats:
1. This is for finding your parameters in order to use Standard seeds C-gear seeds can be found regardless of your region.
2. DO NOT turn on your c-gear, because that defeats the whole purpose of this!
3. I don't play on emulators so I really have no clue on that matter. Bond697 informed me that the parameters vary per emulator, but past that I have no clue. EDIT: for emulator info look down.
4. You may use Sweet Scent. The RNG is seeded as soon as "The Pokemon Company" appears on the screen so there's no worrying about SS if that's your only option.

Here is part of my convo with Bond697 regarding emulators:
[15:34] <Bond697> i see someone asked you about using an emulator
[15:34] <Bond697> there are only 2 possible parameter sets for that
[15:34] <Bond697> 1 with bus-level timing on and 1 with bus-level timing off
[15:35] <Bond697> you also need to search wayyy different parameter sets than the default to find a working set
[16:03] <LoLNixLunch> what do you mean by different parameters?
[16:03] <LoLNixLunch> you mean different seeds/seconds values?
[16:19] <Bond697> different vcount/timer0/vframe
[16:20] <Bond697> it depends on whether the person has bus-level timing on or off
[16:20] <Bond697> just fyi so you don;t end up confused later
[16:28] <NixHex> okay
[16:30] <NixHex> is there a default for bus-level timing in desmume or whatever emulater they choose to use?
[17:01] <Bond697> i think it defaults to on
[17:02] <Bond697> it's in the emulator config options

In Eon Timer, when you put the new delay in the "Delay Hit" box and you update it, do want the number in the "Calibration" box to say -1?

So, I'm late to the party and am just learning about the RNG. Is there a guide (if it's possible yet) on how to use the RNG for american 5th gen games (DS, not emulator)? And if not, a few questions...
1. What's the difference between C-gear and Non-C-gear RNG?
2. What all do you need to breed a pokemon with 5 or 6 perfect IV's?
3. What are DS Parameters and how on earth do I find mine?
4. There has to be a guide somewhere on how to use this to get a pokemon with perfect Iv's?

So, I'm late to the party and am just learning about the RNG. Is there a guide (if it's possible yet) on how to use the RNG for american 5th gen games (DS, not emulator)? And if not, a few questions...
4. There has to be a guide somewhere on how to use this to get a pokemon with perfect Iv's?
1. C-Gear involves delay and is the only one you can use right now.
2. Power items, an Everstone, and a ton of luck.
3. You can't yet, nor do you need them right now, so ignore them.
4. It's the first post of this thread.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
1) CGear has a delay to hit. Non CGear you just have to SR at the right second.
2) Being good at RNG
3) Look on the previous page
4) Wait a little bit.

During calibration, if you find you landed on a delay that is higher than the last one you landed on, would you still put that in the Delay Hit box of the EonTimer?

Just to make sure I'm doing this right: At the end of the first timer, you select your cart from the DS main menu. At the end of the second timer, you select 'Yes' from the in game C-Gear start up. Is that correct or should I be looking at other times? Also, what's the best/easiest way to determine the IVs of the pokemon you caught? I'd think Rare Candies, but I hardly have enough to get extremely precise IVs.

You have that right, yes. And yes, Rare Candies are the best method to find IVs of high-level Pokemon, not to mention that you should only need 2 or 3 at most.

During calibration, if you find you landed on a delay that is higher than the last one you landed on, would you still put that in the Delay Hit box of the EonTimer?
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)