Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bob Squob - Catch yourself a Makuhita. Name it Chum-Lee. Because of his fatty nature, you must feed him something after each fight if he gets hurt, whether it be a potion, bottled water, whatever. He cannot evolve until you get past Norman's Gym. Also, see to it he learns Rock Tomb, because he hates everyone being faster so he wants to bring them down to his level.

Feel free to evolve whenever.

Edit: Ahahaha, I got ninja'd 5 times while I was writing this up. One of you better make one that sucks some bawls so you get rejected. I'ma be pissed if this isn't picked up D:

@ Bob_Squob:

Gonna go with "Banned" the Barboach.

Any good Pokemon fan knows the story of the best episode of Pokemon ever, where Porygon gives seizures to Japanese children. Pussies.

Well, there've been more banned episodes, but they lack the notoriety. But the only episode to have never been aired anywhere in the world? Featured Whiscash. That's right. The earthquake-causing fish monster. And this is the Pokemon who will get his most epic banned episode the respect it deserves!

As a Barboach, no one gives a shit about him. Whiscash is where it's at. So once you've nabbed him there's not really much to worry about. But Banned isn't going to settle for that. He's determined to get up to the point where he can start wrecking everyone and getting famous. As a result, Banned is not able to battle in any trainer battle until he has evolved into a Whiscash.

Move-wise, he's got quite the spectacle in mind. Since the Whiscash episode was banned because Japanese people are scared of earthquakes... you guessed it. When Barboach hits level 16 he must learn Magnitude, preparing for his big debut at level 30. Shortly after evolving, at 31, he gets Earthquake, and is ready to go to work. And then finally he is able to learn Fissue later on. All three of those moves can never be forgotten, as Banned must deal maximum damage with his excessive power. The fourth moveslot can be anything.

The fastest way to get famous? Beat some strong opponents. The strongest opponents? The Elite 4 and the Champion. Therefore, Banned must take part in the final, epic stretch of your journey. He must KO at least one Pokemon from three different E4 members (your choice ;D), and do it using his three signature moves: Magnitude, Earthquake, and Fissure.

Once you become the Champion, everyone will hear about how your incredible Whiscash's earth-smashing power brought Ever Grande City crashing down around him. After excessive googling of "Whiscash" and "earthquake" people will undoubtedly find the episode online somewhere. And finally Whiscash will have proven that his banned episode is the best banned episode.
to much thought and effort for me to ninja like that

Edit: Ahahaha, I got ninja'd 5 times while I was writing this up. One of you better make one that sucks some bawls so you get rejected. I'ma be pissed if this isn't picked up D:

@ Bob_Squob:

Gonna go with "Banned" the Barboach.

Any good Pokemon fan knows the story of the best episode of Pokemon ever, where Porygon gives seizures to Japanese children. Pussies.

Well, there've been more banned episodes, but they lack the notoriety. But the only episode to have never been aired anywhere in the world? Featured Whiscash. That's right. The earthquake-causing fish monster. And this is the Pokemon who will get his most epic banned episode the respect it deserves!

As a Barboach, no one gives a shit about him. Whiscash is where it's at. So once you've nabbed him there's not really much to worry about. But Banned isn't going to settle for that. He's determined to get up to the point where he can start wrecking everyone and getting famous. As a result, Banned is not able to battle in any trainer battle until he has evolved into a Whiscash.

Move-wise, he's got quite the spectacle in mind. Since the Whiscash episode was banned because Japanese people are scared of earthquakes... you guessed it. When Barboach hits level 16 he must learn Magnitude, preparing for his big debut at level 30. Shortly after evolving, at 31, he gets Earthquake, and is ready to go to work. And then finally he is able to learn Fissue later on. All three of those moves can never be forgotten, as Banned must deal maximum damage with his excessive power. The fourth moveslot can be anything.

The fastest way to get famous? Beat some strong opponents. The strongest opponents? The Elite 4 and the Champion. Therefore, Banned must take part in the final, epic stretch of your journey. He must KO at least one Pokemon from three different E4 members (your choice ;D), and do it using his three signature moves: Magnitude, Earthquake, and Fissure.

Once you become the Champion, everyone will hear about how your incredible Whiscash's earth-smashing power brought Ever Grande City crashing down around him. After excessive googling of "Whiscash" and "earthquake" people will undoubtedly find the episode online somewhere. And finally Whiscash will have proven that his banned episode is the best banned episode.

Bob Squab, you have the honour of owning Inducer the Shroomish. He must learn Spore before evolving and must always have Stun Spore or Toxic ASAP.

That is all.
Good Luck.

@ Talking Lion: As much as I love the meme, a mudkip that just says "Mud... kip" does not have much of a personality. Rejected

@ Spook: Accepted, albeit with some major changes. For one thing, there are only 8 attractable female gym leader pokemon, so I'm just going to solo Flannery and Winona. Also, Ralts has access to a grand total of 4 physical moves, most of which are normal type. As such, I will make its final moveset:
Return
Shadow Ball (physical this gen)
Hidden power (hoping for a physical type, but won't change it if it isn't)
Attract
Also, I'm renicknaming it Setsuna, for personality reasons.

@Newby n0Ob, I'm not a big fan of Nuzlockes, and I definitely don't want to have a Shedinja that has to solo something that killed a ninjask. Rejected.

@ Detroitlolcat: Accepted, but sadly, the 7th Gym leader does not have a third pokemon, so I can't solo it. Also renicknaming it Threety.

@Nonary Game Accepted, I'll have to make an outfit for it.

@ Daynaem: Ah, nothing like insensitivity towards natural disasters. Accepted.

@ Ubiquitous: Nope, too boring. Rejected.

So, I still need my Awesome starter and one other pokemon. Vratix gets priority to give me one of them, so take your time with it..

Hi all-

I want to do a Scramble Challenge on Pokemon Yellow Version. I have no rules, except I encourage unevolved pokes (I like the challenge, and I like the "story" feel it gives you, to have maybe 1-2 fully evolved and the rest not) and I don't care how weak I may be to any one type/trainer. I prefer (since I'm playing on Yellow Version) to at least use 1-2 of the starters (Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, obv) but we'll see what I get. Hit me!

Pokemon Yellow Scramble Challenge
Current Team:
~
~
~
~
~
~

@ Bob Squob,
take a Corpish named "Krabs". it must know Crabhammer.
~If its nature is +ATK, it may evolve into Crawdaunt after solo'ing one of the "main" pokemon of a gym leader (i.e. its signature or highest leveled one).
~If its nature is anything else, it may never evolve or learn any Dark type moves, as it is afraid of what it might become (Crawdaunt being a dark type)

that is my challenge to you, however, if that seems too difficult, you may not let it learn any dark type moves until it evolves, at which point it becomes a harsher, more cruel version of its old-self, and must solo at least one of each gym leader's pokemon that you face (after it evolves).

how's that for personality :P

EDIT: when I posted this, Bob Squob only had two pokes, and I don't know if you still need any, but there ya go if you do!

Not all that interesting, actually. It's another water pokemon I can't get until the good rod, so it doesn't fit well with the team. rejected, you would have gotten if I didn't need more variety.

As for your pokemon, you get an anime following Pikachu, so no nickname. It must fight in all gym leader battles the Anime Pikachu fought in, and cannot fight in battles it did not fight in. It can only know moves the anime one did.

Bob Squob, take Apology the Illumise. Apology becomes guilt-ridden every time she faints, thinking that she has let her team down. Apology must learn and keep Wish, so that each time Apology faints, you must revive her ASAP, and successfully pass a Wish to every other member of your team at some point during the next trainer battle. She must also learn exactly two TM/HM moves (which is a blessing for you, because her level-up movepool is garbage). No other restrictions, because having an Illumise is already rough enough.

(Feel free to change the nickname if you can think of something better... Apology isn't a very good nickname, but it's all I've got right now o_o)

Guitarerdood, take exactly one of the three Kanto starters. The catch is, you may only choose the starter that is weak against the type of Gary's Eevee evolution (Vaporeon gets you Charmander, Jolteon gets you Squirtle and Flareon gets you Bulbasaur. Configure your early Gary battles accordingly!). This starter must land the finishing blow on Gary's starter in Lavender Town, Silph Co and the final Route 22 battle (right before the E4). Note that this doesn't say he has to solo it. Additionally, you have one more restriction depending on which starter you take:

If it's Bulbasaur, he may only learn level-up moves while he is an Ivysaur. TMs are fine.
If it's Charmander, treat it as if it's under the effect of Torment at all times (that is, you can't use the same move twice in a row). In addition, Charmander may only have one Fire-type attack if you choose to evolve it all the way up to Charizard.
If it's Squirtle, it must learn and keep at least three Water-type moves.

Name it Gary Sucks.

I like that, although it may not get any use. Accepted. I need a starter, if vratix doesn't offer me one by the end of the night, I'll open it up to everyone else.

I've gotta hop on this as well.

Game: Pokemon HeartGold
Trading: Available, but not with myself (1 DS here)

I want this to be a bit challenging, but at the same time, fun. No preference on the starter, and nothing insanely ridiculous.

@ Daynaem: Ah, nothing like insensitivity towards natural disasters. Accepted.
And the award for most creative spelling of my name goes to...

@ guitarerdood

I'm feeling a Chansey for you. Now, from what I can tell, Chansey's level up moves in Yellow are sparse and awful. On the bright side, you won't have to worry much about that.

This Chansey, named... "Hardboiled," is out to show that Chansey can be more than just a wall. Right after getting it, you must teach Hardboiled 2 attacking moves via TM. Boltbeam (or Blizzder? o_O) wouldn't hurt, but it's up to you.

Hardboiled must be caught before fighting Koga. In said Koga fight, he must be hit by Toxic, then KO at least one Pokemon while poisoned.

With Koga dead, teach Toxic to Hardboiled. The Chanseys of today are too busy healing themselves. It's much easier to just watch the enemy suffer with Toxic damage, right?

Hardboiled must make another gym appearance, of course. And there, he must hit every single one of the leader's Pokemon with Toxic, but it does not have to be a solo.

Going out with a bang, Hardboiled is determined to take on the biggest badasses in the Pokemon world. He must battle in either the Bruno or Lance E4 fight, inflict 3 Pokemon with Toxic, and deal the finishing blow on 2 of them.

@ Nonary

I need to stop writing novels for all of these. Apologies for being so long winded.

Anyway, "PunchDrunk" the Mareep is for you. To evolve into Flaffy, he must be hit by any attack with "punch" in its name. To evolve into Ampharos, he must solo Chuck's Poliwrath.

Now it's gametime. Using your sexy new Focus Punch TM, teach PunchDrunk Focus Punch. Next up is Thunderpunch. If you managed to evolve right at level 30, you get it for free. Otherwise, you'd best find some Heart Scales, because PunchDrunk cannot use any damage-dealing move that does not have "punch" in its name (with one exception :O). Thunderpunch is first on the list, and then Firepunch comes next.

You know what the problem with Focus Punch is? Getting hit and losing your focus. Know the best way to remedy that?

Yeah, get MOAR FOCUS. Goldenrod Dept. Store's got some nice Focus Blast TMs for you to put to use. And that should be all of the focus PunchDrunk needs to pull this off. And yes, you can use Focus Blast in battle, despite it not having "punch" in the name.

PunchDrunk must continue to prove that Fighting types have nothing on him. So he must solo Bruno in the Elite 4. He was extremely pumped to take on the Fighting Dojo, but I feel like that's been ruined in HGSS, so there's nothing to do. In a fit of rage, PunchDrunk goes head to head with the nearest opponent: Sabrina. Solo it up with her. And finally, Blue is a bastard for not using any Electric Pokemon, so PunchDrunk must KO half of his Pokemon.

(A randomish note: I ran an Ampharos very similar to this back in my original Silver, and I loved him. "Fist-Fight" or somesuch nonsense. DynamicPunch/ThunderPunch/FirePunch/Thunder. So yeah, had a nostalgia boner while I was writing this.)

Edit:

I failed at streamlining my challenge. Fuu.

@guitarerdood
You get Polly the Doduo.
Polly is tired of one head getting more attention than the other. This cry for attention means you have to show an equal amount of love for each head. You have to use every move you use twice in a row before selecting a different move, every time you use an item on him you have to use it twice (yes, even if it is a Potion you have to use a Potion when it is at max hitpoints.) To evolve, Polly must defeat the same Pokemon twice in a row fifteen different times without running away between battles if it is a different Pokemon. Upon evolving, their triplet joins the fun. Now you must to the same process as before, only now three times in order to show each head the appropriate amount of attention. The exception is with Tri Attack, which you can use without having to use it three times because each head gets ample input.

@Nonary Game
You get BlackOps the Spinarak.
As his name implies, he loves to play Call of Duty, and is convinced that he is a soldier. He stays up all night playing the game, and has a slight case of Insomnia. He is obsessed with the guns he kills imaginary people with. As such, he can only use "shooting" moves, as well as "black" moves, since he's rugged and loves the dark.
To evolve he must solo Morty using only Shadow Sneak and/or Sucker Punch.
To be able to use any moves, he must solo all of Karen's Pokemon except her Houndoom.

Here's a list of the moves he can use:
Poison Sting, String Shot, Leech Life, Night Shade, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Pin Missile, Dig (hey, it's dark down in those holes), Sludge Bomb, Thief.

@Nonary Game, you get Rocket Man the Slowpoke! Rocket Man desperately wants to exact revenge on Team Rocket for cutting off his family's respective tails. Thus, he must lead in any battle against any member of Team Rocket and KO at least one Pokemon in each such battle. Rocket Man cannot evolve until he completes one of the following:

1. Solo Pryce's entire gym. You may heal during battles, but not in between them.
2. Solo Clair without an ice move.
3. Solo all four Rocket executives in the Radio Tower without healing.
4. You reach the Elite Four (in which case RM can only have two moves after evolution - if you learn one by level-up go delete it ASAP)

Finally, Rocket Man may only have damaging attacks of one of his STABs.

@Nonary Game:

You get RickGastly the Gastly. When it is sent out, you must either find rick roll on Youtube or sing the song yourself. It must keep Hypnosis for when it evolves.

When it evolves, it abandons its rickrolling habits and now thinks it is Lelouch from Code Geass. Rename it Lelouch ASAP. It must use Hypnosis as soon as it is sent out in battle, whether it hits or misses or has no effect. Also, it likes implementing strategy, so if one of your other Scramblemons has a super-effective attack against the opponent, switch in to that Scramblemon. If Lelouch has a super-effective attack, stay in and fight. Also, it has the impression that the Abra line is Suzaku. Therefore, as a Haunter, it cannot be sent out against any part of that line.

If you decide to evolve it further, you must first find a way to kill an opponent without using an attack. It must stay alive during this process, whether it switches or not. When it evolves, all restrictions are void. Nickname it TV Victory.

Recap:
As a Gastly, must rickroll yourself every time it gets sent out and must keep Hypnosis. NN RickGastly.
As Haunter, must use Hypnosis at the start of every battle, must switch to a Scramblemon with a super-effective attack, cannot fight Abra line, must kill without attacking to evolve if applicable, NN Lelouch.
As Gengar, no restrictions, NN TV Victory.

@guitarerdood, take a Pidgeotto from the Viridian Forest named Illegal. Pidgeotto should not be in the wild at that low of a level, making your Pidgeotto a rebel, a lawbreaker. Illegal seems to enjoy this, so it can only use moves it learns as a Pidgeotto, or TM's that are no longer TM's, such as Bide. Solo a trainer's Fearow to evolve.

Nonary game, take Vendetta the Gligar. This Gligar hates you, and you hate it. You must keep it's happiness as low as possible on your journey, and it must know frustration. Any time the opponent sends out a pokemon that your current pokemon has a type advantage against, Gligar switches in to try to screw you over (but you can control him during solos). You can only switch it back out if you have u-turn.

@Nonary Game: I'll give you a challenge based on the two parts of your username.

Nonary: You get the 99th Pokemon in HeartGold's Johto Dex: Nidorino! You must catch it as a Nidorino. It must learn and keep its ninth level-up move, Toxic Spikes, forever. Its other three moves must be three of the following TM moves: Frustration (ninth TM numerically that it learns), Facade (eighteenth TM numerically that it learns), Natural Gift (twenty-seventh TM numerically that it learns), Rain Dance (TM18), Return (TM27), Sludge Bomb (TM36), Attract (TM45), Substitute (TM90). It must have a moveset that fits these restrictions in order to evolve. As a Nidoking, its moveset must consist of Toxic Spikes and three of the following moves: Blizzard (9th TM it learns), Return (18th/TM27), Fire Blast (27th), Fling (36th), Rock Slide (45th), Whirlpool (56th on the TM/HM list it learns), Rain Dance (TM18), Sludge Bomb (TM36), Attract (TM45), Avalanche (TM72), Substitute (TM90). Because these movepools are so pathetic, his only other restriction is that he must have this moveset before you fight the Elite Four for the first time.

Game: Every time he attacks you must roll a die (or use an RNG set from 1-6). 1-4 correspond to that move in his move list. (1 upper-left, 2 upper-right, 3 lower-left, 4 lower-right). If you get 5, roll again; 6 is your choice.

Name it Mini-Me.

I wanna get in on this awesomeness! Here's the details~

Game: HeartGold
Number of Pokemon needed: 10
Trading: I can trade with myself if needed (can trade with my Plat version)
Rules:

- Nothing impossible or stupid, if you have to think about it this before you post it, then it's better not to post it =P

- I love nicknames and back story, so be sure to include it!

- All Pokemon must be available via HG or Plat because those are my only options as I don't want to wifi trade

Current team:
- Available
- Available
- Available
- Available
- Available
- Available

In Box:
- Available
- Available
- Available
- Available

Thanks in advance for all scramble challenge helpers =D

I have a scramble challenge for anyone who will take it! This challenge will work in any generation except gen 5, and can be done early in the game.

Whoever takes this, you get Pride the Magikarp.

Most Magikarp hate being weak and can't wait to evolve, but Pride likes his status as a Magikarp. He feels that his Swift Swim ability gives him an edge, (but he doesn't realize how many actually have this ability,) and he thinks that an all-normal movepool is good enough for him. While and after Pride is a Magikarp, he refuses to gain any exp. unless he was in the battle somehow. He is too proud for that. He must participate in every single battle that causes him to gain experience, meaning no exp share, and he must use 1 move at LEAST before he switches out. Of course, at level 20 Pride will evolve into a Gyarados, (later if he has not learned Splash, Tackle, and Flail before he evolves, it depends on the game, so once he knows all 3 he is allowed to evolve,) but Pride does not like this. He loved the feel of being a Magikarp, and so he wants to hold on to as much of it for as long as he can. He is not allowed to forget Splash for 10 levels after he has evolved, Tackle until 20 levels after he has evolved, and Flail until 30 levels after he has evolved. But as he forgets these moves he gradually adjusts to being a Gyarados, and eventually he will fully become a proud Gyarados.

There. That's my challenge. Now you can choose whether to take it or not. You can even make a few changes to it to make it harder, such as:

- Increasing the amount of involvement Pride must have in a battle to gain exp
- Increasing the amount of time it takes Pride to forget his Magikarp moves
- Make him NEVER forget ANY of them! (For the truly proud trainers out there!)

Edit: You have to take this, WinterChevalier. Magikarp can be found in HG. Pride is waiting...

WinterChevalier, trade over Pidgenot the Starly. It may only evolve at the levels that the Pidgey line evolves (18 and 36, IIRC). It must, whenever possible, have -exactly- two moves that the Pidgey line can learn. You may never use a Heart Scale on it (so no Close Combat, since you're evolving into Staraptor late), and it must solo either Whitney or Morty.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You get LazyLolcat the pokemon.

Take the first Pokemon you see on the tenth Route you go on. Has to be the lowest leveled guy on the team.

@WinterChevalier: You get Opprtunity the Tauros, who must have Anger Point. Every time Anger Point activates, you must shout, "Opportunity!" and defeat the opponent. If it fails to defeat its opponent after Anger Point activates, rename it Depressed. So depressed it is that it can no longer use physical moves. If Anger Point activates again, whether Tauros faints or not, rename it Opprtunity and use Opprtunity's restrictions again.

@WinterChevalier

You get Jealousy the Pinsir. S/he's jealous of the fact that Pinsir is so outclassed by Sycther, s/he makes a vow to him/herself that s/he won't use a move that has below 60 BP. (Unless it's STAB. But you CAN use moves that have EXACTLY 60 BP. For this case, Seismic Toss has over 60 BP so you're not screwed in the beginning.) He must defeat (not necessarily solo) all Scythers and Scizors in the game.

@Nonary Game You get Burrows the Sandshrew. Burrows must learn Dig as soon as you get the TM. Burrows also gets mad really easily, so he may not attack if his HP is in the yellow. To evolve, Burrows must solo 10 Pokemon with Dig. Now that it is a Sandslash, it can attack while its HP is in the yellow BUT NOT WHEN IT IS IN THE RED. It must solo Jasmine.

@WinterChevalier You get Buster/Babs the Buneary, depending on it's gender (Buster for male, Babs for female.) This Buneary must be traded to your HeartGold as soon as you beat Falkner. As this Buneary is from Tiny Toons, it must solo every Pokemon that resembles a Tinny Toons character. (Psyduck/Golduck are Plucky, Meowth/Persian are Furrball, etc. (I know there are more, but I cant think of any at the moment....))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)