B&W Research Thread

The Eviolite: It grants 50% boost to Def and SDEf to NFE pokemon.

I want to know if the case is true for pokemon who don't evolve. I've searched the whole Eviolite thread and didn't find anything...
basically if its something that can evolve, like Bulbasaur, Charmeleon or Scyther, they get the boost. if its something that doesn't evolve, like Blastoise, Scizor or Chatot, it doesn't.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahhh... well I thought that if they didnt evolve yet, then they can use it,. =\ that sucks in a way. I was gooing to abuse it on Druddigon or something without an evolution. Oh well..

Thanks a lot!

1.0 weather ends

2.0 Sandstorm damage, Hail damage, Rain Dish, Dry Skin, Solar Power, Ice Body

3.0 Future Sight, Doom Desire

4.0 Wish

5.0 Fire Pledge + Grass Pledge damage
5.1 Shed Skin, Hydration, Healer
5.2 Leftovers, Black Sludge

6.0 Aqua Ring

7.0 Ingrain

8.0 Leech Seed

9.0 (bad) poison damage, burn damage, Nightmare, Poison Heal

10.0 Curse (from a Ghost-type)

11.0 Bind, Wrap, Fire Spin, Clamp, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb, Magma Storm

12.0 Taunt ends

13.0 Encore ends

14.0 Disable ends, Cursed Body ends

15.0 Magnet Rise ends

16.0 Telekinesis ends

17.0 Heal Block ends

18.0 Embargo ends

19.0 Yawn

20.0 Perish Song

21.0 Reflect ends
21.1 Light Screen ends
21.2 Safeguard ends
21.3 Mist ends
21.4 Tailwind ends
21.5 Lucky Chant ends
21.6 Water Pledge + Fire Pledge ends, Fire Pledge + Grass Pledge ends, Grass Pledge + Water Pledge ends

22.0 Gravity ends

23.0 Trick Room ends

24.0 Wonder Room ends

25.0 Magic Room ends

26.0 Uproar message
26.1 Speed Boost, Bad Dreams, Harvest, Moody
26.2 Toxic Orb activation, Flame Orb activation, Sticky Barb

27.0 Zen Mode

28.0 Pokémon is switched in (if previous Pokémon fainted)

29.0 Healing Wish, Lunar Dance
29.1 Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock (hurt in the order they are first used)

Notable changes compared to DPPt end of turn effects :
_ Sandstorm and Hail damage occur before Wish;
_ Future Sight and Doom Desire strike before Wish and Leftovers recovery (actually they strike before any kind of recovery);
_ Since Healing Wish and Lunar Dance effects now occur at the very end of the turn, they are naturally added to the list;
_ Confusion message coming from the rampaging moves Thrash, Petal Dance, and Outrage no longer occurs at the end of turn but rather immediately once the last attack is performed, hence why they don't appear on this list; though Uproar still does.
_ The former DPPt "priority 6" end-of-turn group literally exploded, with nearly each move that it used to contain now belonging to their own priority bracket.

So, just to be certain, Healing Wish and Lunar Dance heal before entry hazard effects are applied, correct?

Thank you for compiling the list of B/W end of turn effects, it must have taken quite some time to do all of this by yourself.

Solar Power appears to be the only one missing however, care to confirm that it is also residing in the 2.0 bracket?

My bad, I knew I was forgetting something but I couldn't put my finger on what.

Anyway, Solar Power is indeed residing in the priority 2 bracket, and while I was at it I took the occasion and grabbed my 2 DS to test the very last group (the 28 bracket) since there is no way to test it correctly in-game, and found out that :
_ "Pokémon is switched in" is still 28.0 but alone (didn't expect that, this caught me off guard);
_ Lunar Dance and Healing Wish group is really 29.0;
_ Entry hazards group is really 29.1.

I edited my previous post to correct those mistakes.

breh

強いだね
Okay, I'm very very sorry if the topic is posted at the wrong place. But I really wasn't sure where to put this.

Just a simple question.

The move Haze in a rotation battle.
Does it affect all the pokemon that are sent out in battle or only the 'active' pokemon?

Like for instance, my wigglytuff which has been rotated out got a speed drop. If I use haze on my active pokemon, will wigglytuff's stat drop vanish?
(The same with the opponent's team)

If opponent has a pokemon with stat change rotated out, does haze still affect that pokemon?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
So, just to be certain, Healing Wish and Lunar Dance heal before entry hazard effects are applied, correct?
^
Yes they will, that also implies that neither Healing Wish nor Lunar Dance can be used to "dodge" entry hazards.
So this means that if I use healing wish on a pokemon with 3% of it's health, healing wish will heal the pokemon BEFORE the spikes take any effect?

Are 'Rotation' and Switching' on the same priority level?
I setup a rotation battle with the following Pokemon on each team:
2 Shaymin
2 Celebi
2 Jirachi

For this explaination let's call them team A and team B

Team A and B Shaymin had equal speed.
Team A Celebi was slower than team B Celebi
Team A Jirachi was faster than team B Jirachi

Both teams led with shaymin.

Turn 1
Team A rotated to Celebi while team B switched to Celebi
Team B switched first.

Turn 2
Team A rotated to Jirachi while team B switched to Jirachi
Team B switched first.

Turn 3
Team A rotated to Shaymin while team B switched to Shaymin
Team B switched first.

Turn 4
Team A switched to Celebi while team B rotated to Celebi
Team A switched first.

Turn 5
Team A switched to Jirachi while team B rotated to Jirachi
Team A switched first.

Turn 6 Team A switched to Shaymin while team B rotated to Shaymin
Team A switched first.

This concludes that switching and rotating do NOT share the same priority level with rotating always happening second to switching.

There are no "priority levels" with rotating and switching out. Rather they can be considered two different phases of the round. This is analogous to the card game Magic: The Gathering, which include a "main phase" and a "combat phase".

The order in which two or more Pokemon switch out during the "switching out" phase of a round is determined by priority; that is, according to their Speed and other effects that cause a Pokemon to strike before other Pokemon.

Jaxx:

Because in my opinion, it's more appropriate to call "switching" and "rotating out" merely two different phases of a round, much like the "command phase" (at the beginning of a round), "attack phase", and "end of round phase". (See my timing page). I use the term "priority" to mean only the priority level of moves (for example, Quick Attack has a priority level of 1 and Trick Room has a priority level of -7) and sometimes the turn order of attacks. You of course may use the word "priority" how you want.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jaxx:

Because in my opinion, it's more appropriate to call "switching" and "rotating out" merely two different phases of a round, much like the "command phase" (at the beginning of a round), "attack phase", and "end of round phase". (See my timing page). I use the term "priority" to mean only the priority level of moves (for example, Quick Attack has a priority level of 1 and Trick Room has a priority level of -7) and sometimes the turn order of attacks. You of course may use the word "priority" how you want.
The main reason one would use priority instead of phase is because of Pursuit, which can come before switches, is an attack.

Speaking of which, if Switches come before Rotations, what happens when you use Pursuit in a Rotation Battle with a Pokemon that in Rotating in, against a Pokemon that is Switching out?

jas61292:

I did test this but it must have slipped my mind. Since rotation happens second the moves priority does not activate making the following scenario take place:

Team A called back Celebi!
Team A sent out Shaymin!
Team B rotated into Scizor!
Team B's Scizor used Pursuit!

Just to clarify, Pursuit's BP wasn't doubled.

breh

強いだね
imagine this double battle scenario: (teams are A and B)

Pokemon A1 uses Wide Guard
Pokemon B1 KOes A1
Pokemon B2 uses a multitarget move (for example, struggle bug)

Is pokemon A2 (the remaining one) damaged or not? Basically, does a user of wide guard have to be alive for wide guard to protect the teammate?

Start of turn 34
The foe's Froslass used Destiny Bond!
The foe's Froslass is trying to take its foe with it!

Toxicroak used Substitute!
Toxicroak already has a substitute.

Hail continues to fall!
Toxicroak is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Froslass restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 35
Toxicroak used Sucker Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Froslass lost 71% of its health!
The foe's Froslass fainted!
The foe's Froslass took Toxicroak down with it!
Toxicroak fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
MaestroXXVI: huh
MaestroXXVI: oh damn
HAIL the king: que?
MaestroXXVI: that shouldntve happened
MaestroXXVI: i think
HAIL the king: yea idk why that happened lol
MaestroXXVI: <_<

Uhhh...i hate to be blunt, but why did this happen? I thought destiny bond didnt work on the turn after it was used if the user outsped its opponent on the turn it was used

(and before anyone asks, i used substitute because I was pp stalling it until it couldnt destiny bond any more)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's until the Destiny Bond user attacks again. That's how Custap Wobbuffet works, in fact: Destiny Bond when you are at <25%; if they attack, they die; if they set up on you, they attack you the next turn and then die, because now Wobbuffet will be slower and thus, Destiny Bond will still be in effect; if they try to set-up again, you use Encore and now they're forever fucked.

1) Don't rely on a simulator for your mechanics. That being said...

2) It is correct. Destiny Bond is active until your opponent actually uses (or fails to use) a move.

ah, thanks...and it was less of a 'rely on simulator for mechanics' than it was a 'make sure simulator isnt making a mistake'

good to know for the future, thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)