Sunday´s kind of a bad day for my doubles streaks...lost my first battle with top and the reason was my awful decision-making, yet once again
So the team is the same as Hitmolee-Latios-Hydreigon-Metagross
, but instead of Hitmonlee I use
Item: Focus Sash
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
EV spread: 6 / 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 252
Lv.50: 126 / 161 / 115 / 43 / 130 / 122
~ Fake Out
~ Mach Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Close Combat
vs legends trainer:
top-lati vs thunda-regirock
1. FO+DP thund, rock polish
2. sucker+DP, prankster chesto-rest, sucker failed, slide
3. sucker+DP, prankster chesto, sucker failed, slide
4. slide, lati fainted, CC, rock sitrus to 60%, sleep1
- meta in
5. mach + bullet, rock fainted (long overdue), sleep2
- foe landorus
don´t remember the rest but hydra 2-hit lando and thund rested again, foe´s last poké was regice, of course...
really bad game from my side, wasting 2 turns on thund that should´ve been the end of rock there...bah
the loss kind of "forced" me to continue with my singles
streak (168), where I had two crazy battles later in the same set of 7
against lead gastrodon3 (lefties, surf, earth power) and I flashed 6 times and didn´t have the patience to stall by switching, foe hit quite a lot of surfs, latias was at 80HP, I just went to chomp who got hit in the face hard by surf, but then subbed, 1 SD and KOed gastro, but its sub was broken by second poké sturdy golem quake, last pokémon was charizard
yes charizard 3 is the scarfed one...I thought OK he´s gonna air slash and I win this one with registeel...charizard used heat wave, garchomp fainted (I´m like oh shi I lost - chomp was at like 48 HP when KOed)...OK so I was in bed, no pocket calc near, so I took my second DS lite and used the pokétch calc app from diamond to calculate that heat wave does max 37 dmg to latias, which means 3HKO (remember it was at 80 HP), so I´ve decided to flash and hope for the best, you know, get in as many of those to give registeel at least little chance...
flash-avoided HW2, flash-avoided HW3, flash-avoided HW4, flash-hit HW5, flash-hit HW6 and burned, latias fainted from burn...
registeel tried to sub and avoided the HW, gg (struggle win in the end)...
like 7 minutes later, #214
vs black belt (set4 fire/fighting/steel)
latias vs blaziken4 - flare blitz is obvious but I didn´t stop to check the set like I´m supposed to and "think" for a sec...so I tricked
1. trick, flare blitz, CH
2. flare blitz, CH, latias fainted...way to start a battle
3. flare blitz, sub
4. flare blitz, sub broke, quake, chicken fainted
-foe poliwrath, gg...or? (note it´s the focus punch/waterfall wrath)
5. chomp wants to SD but wrath focuses...fuuuu...SD, focus punch, chomp fainted
- steel in, good luck buddy against that poli and if you, by any miracle, beat that one, you´ll face another bad matchup enemy from a black belt...
6. curse, focus punch
7. iron head, waterfall
8. curse, focus punch
9., 10., 11....just attacked him with a +2 iron head and KOed it, was at 67 HP
-foe´s last one is... ... ... durant! please not the digger... yes this one´s iron head/scissor/protect/entrainment...unless there´s hustle flinchhax I win
he uses entrainment as I sub, gg
now at 217
EDIT: New streak with LatiTop
#156 vs Pilot Artemas:
Moltres, Staraptor, Thundurus, Crobat
1. Fake Out Tres, Dragon Pulse Raptor, Raptor fainted, Tres flinched.
- foe Thund
2. Top Sucker Punch Thund, Thund Dark Pulse, Latios at 60/156, Latios Dragon Pulse, Thund fainted, Moltres Air Slash, Latios fainted.
- foe Crobat, me Hydra
3. Moltres Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat X-Scissor, Hydra at 73/167, Hydra Dark Pulse, Tres protected.
4. Hydra Protect, Moltres double Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat Scissor, Hydra protected.
5. Top Sucker Tres, Bat Scissor, Hydra fainted, Tres Air Slash, Sash.
- me Meta
6. Top Sucker Bat, Bat Cross Poison, Top fainted, Tres Heat Wave, CH!, Meta fainted.
Yes I misplayed, but still, I´ve put Occa Berry on Metagross alongside Rock Slide exactly for these kind of situations. But hell no, in the 1 battle in 100 that I actually have to rely on Occa, the AI says FU and CHs Metagross. Thanks you.
By the way:
177spA Thundurus Dark Pulse vs 130 sD Latios = 82-98 dmg = 52-63% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs vs 130 sD Latios = 58-69 dmg = 37-44% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs 130 sD Hitmontop = 116-138 = 92-100% dmg
Why in the world did Moltres attack Latios instead of Top turn 2
and then double protect? I just don´t get the AI...