Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

The AI will switch if it cannot deal and damage whatsoever. I may be missing something in your post Chinese Dood however. Say you have a Dark-type against Caitlin's Musharna. Musharna has nothing that can hit say, an Umbreon, therefore Caitlin will switch out. Even though this is the E4, the same thing applies to the Battle Subway.

I guess the something you might be missing then is the "randomly" part. It's not random if you know that that will happen.

EDIT:
@Zacchaeus: I'm not sure I agree. Octillery has better defenses to survive things should it not be able to set up on "lucky" boosts in the initial turns (also better defenses also allows things to not be able to break its sub as easily). It also has better offense, and can easily go with mix attacking with both offense base stats at 105, so even if it only gets the boosts in one attacking stat, it can use that for sweeping. Not saying Octillery is definitely better, but I don't think Bibarel is necessarily better either.

Okay I'll just copy T.L. and Jumpman's teams because my teams seem to do things that nobody else's do. For the record, I have seem Pokés switch out because I reduce their accuracy a lot. But I might get bored with that and stick with Drag-Mag which I might try again to make Magneton for just to try it.

For Magneton, maybe I could do the standard Timid 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 HP or make it defensive for Eviolite usage. I'm not sure which one is better bulk, 252 HP and EVs spread among defenses or 252 Def 252 SpD, but I also don't know if I could afford to give up that many Spe EVs or SpA EVs (I can use Charge Beam to help with SpA)

And Chinese Dood, I think Bibarel probably works better than Octillery because the only thing immune to Water/Normal is Jellicent and there are only 2 Jellicent in Battle Subway (says Peterko), I've never seen any, and they might not even have Water Absorb. But those sets could be stalled out with Protect/Substitue anyway

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I meant to put this up yesterday but my computer was being stupid.

I finally got a semi-decent streak on the super singles line: 87. Nothing amazing, but still pretty good for me.

My team:

Rotom-W @ leftovers

Modest
Ivs: 31/7/31/31/31/30
Evs: 252/0/6/252/0/0
Stats: 157/65/128/172/127/106
Levitate

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Hydro Pump
Thunderwave

Scizor @ life orb

Adamant
Ivs:31/31/31/8/31/31
Evs: 252/252/0/0/0/6
Stats: 177/200/120/57/100/86
Techician

Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower
Swords Dance

Dragonite @ lum berry

Adamant
Ivs: 31/31/31/13/31/31
Evs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Stats: 167/204/115/99/120/132
Multiscale

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Rotom-W actually makes a good lead for my team as its well-rounded stats combined with its awesome offensive and defensive typing allows it to go toe-to-toe with a lot of stuff and win. Hidden power gives me something to hit dragons with without having to use dragonite, while thunderwave makes it faster than anything that gets hit with it while also provide opportunities for scizor and dragonite to set up. Another reason why rotom is so good is because it attracts grass type attacks, allowing for risk-free switch-ins for my sweepers. It has been amusing to watch as the opponent tries to solarbeam rotom, only to have dragonite set up dragon dance and sweep the whole team.

Rotom isn't perfect though as really strong neutral hits can 2HKO or even OHKO it. This is a managable issue though and in most cases my other pokemon can give me a win anyway.

I don't think scizor and dragonite don't really need much explaining as they have been done to death and we all know how awesome they are.

There are some annoying pokemon that can be a pain to beat, but the biggest weakness of this team is that it isn't particularly hax-proof. Random critical hits don't normally mean the end of my streak, but I have sufferred the most ridiculous crap. Some examples:

• In one battle, garchomp pulled off 4 consecutive successful protects (thankfully this didn't matter as it couldn't do anything to rotom so this was just delaying the inevitable)
  • I lost a streak once because porygon2 hit me with 2 consecutive zap cannons followed by a blizzard
  • In another streak, I had unfezant avoid 2 attacks with an evasion item. It then got a critical hit KO on scizor as I tried to set up. Latter on in the same battle, cradily got 2 consecutive protects, followed by giga drain, then 2 more consecutive protects as dragonite died to toxic. I could have won if outrage had hit twice, but the protect hax screwed me over.
Ironically, I didn't lose this streak to hax, but to some serious misplays. I lost to veteran risha (a legend trainer).

Rotom-W vs Thunderus

Thunderus used thunderbolt (rotom loses about 60% hp), Rotom uses thunderwave (thunderus paralyzed)
Rotom used hydro pump (thuderus loses about 80% health), Thunderus used thunderbolt (rotom KOed)

I send out dragonite

Dragonite used fire punch (thunderus Koed)

Risha sends out suicune

I switch to scizor, suicune uses blizzard (scizor loses a bit of health)
Suicune uses protect, scizor uses swords dance
Suicune uses surf (scizor sits on about 30% health), scizor uses swords dance
Scizor uses bullet punch (suicune loses about 70% health), suicune uses surf (scizor KOed)

I send out dragonite

Suicune uses protect, dragonite uses outrage (no damage)
Suicune uses blizzard (dragonite loses about 60% health), dragonite uses outrage (suicune KOed)

Risha sends out regigigas

Dragonite uses outrage (regigigas loses about 60% health), regigigas uses rock slide (dragonite KOed)

0-1 to Risha

Things I could have done to win:

• I should have left dragonite in on suicune and set up dragon dance and then used outrage. That way, suicune would have least been wounded enough for scizor to beat it and then I might have been able to beat regigigas. I was certain that blizzard would kill it but dragonite took it like a champ. Of course, a critical hit would have been the end of me probably.
  • I could have used dragon dance when suicune used protect the second time. That way, I could have beaten suicune without taking any damage (being at full health for regigigas). I was sure it would use blizzard though.
  • Trying for 2 swords dances against suicune was kinda dumb. After the first swards dance, I probably should have gone for superpower followed by bullet punch.
Oh well. At least I now know that dragonite can actually attempt to set up on an unboosted suicune!

Hopefully I can get an even better streak. Feel free to make any suggestions as to how I can improve this team.

Currently on a streak of 141 with Dragonite, Rotom-C and Terrakion. I'll post my results when I lose as well as proof.

And one thing I've noticed - the computer sometimes uses ground moves on Dragonite. I have absolutely no idea why this is but can somebody else use Dragonite and confirm it? It's pretty weird.

atsync

And one thing I've noticed - the computer sometimes uses ground moves on Dragonite. I have absolutely no idea why this is but can somebody else use Dragonite and confirm it? It's pretty weird.

I use dragonite all the time and I've only seen it happen once I think (somewhere before the 49th battle). Does it happen all the time for you or something?

Sometimes, even when the attack obviously won't work, the AI use it anyway. I'm assuming they are programmed that way to make sure you don't switch.
It's happened to me before, and I read somewhere on Smogon that they do that from time to time.

Posting a potential Super Doubles team I've been thinking up over the past couple of days. Basically just looking for any holes or concerns anyone might see that I missed before I take the time to RNG the 'Mons (I hate getting HP specific Latios so much -_-)

Mienshao (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Acrobatics
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mienshao is basically just supposed to do a ton of damage with Acrobatics and HJK while Amoonguss Rage Powders. Fake Out is always nice to have in Doubles, and HP Ice will do pretty good damage to the things 4x weak to it. I picked Inner Focus just so that I have the advantage over any Fake Out AI leads, such as the Fake Out Ambipom leads which are all faster than me that I can OHKO with HJK. Regenerator is a great ability, but Mienshao probably won't be switching out hardly ever anyway.

Amoonguss (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Spore
- Giga Drain

The shroom is here to Rage Powder and sponge damage. He can Protect on turn 2 to recover a bit while everyone is still trying to attack him, or Spore something if his health is still in good shape. Giga Drain is just to have a STAB attack move, and it's always nice to 4x those bastard Water/Ground types. Effect Spore will probably come in handy here and there as well and spread some random status for me.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Superpower
- Quick Attack

CB Scizor is the first of my two back line sweepers. He'll mainly be Bullet Punching things for ton of damage, but he has Superpower too if he outspeeds and needs to do huge damage (such as all the non-scarfed Heatrans). Quick Attack is in case of a BP resist, which off the top of my head would only be a few Waters so I might put Bug Bite here instead since I outspeed all 4 Cresselias, and being 90 BP plus STAB Adamant CB, it would probably be more useful than Quick Attack anyway. Aerial Ace might seem like an odd choice, but it's almost exclusively for the Snow Hax teams. It's Tech and CB boosted so at least I will hit that bitch Glaceon hard before I go down. The Froslass still outspeed me, but I think they might be less capable of OHKO'ing me compared to Glaceon.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

LO Latios is the Special sweeper on the back line. LO Dragon Pulse pretty much hurts everything a lot, and kills probably 70% of the subway in one shot anyway. Thunderbolt is just a great move. Psyshock for a Psychic STAB. HP Fire for the Bug/Steels or any other Steels that resist my DP bar Heatran. The only thing I'm unsure of here is whether to go Timid or Modest. I hit 177 speed with Max Timid, due to the 30 Speed IV for HP Fire. If anyone has a better speed for Latios, I'm more than willing to listen.

Any helps much appreciated, thanks guys.

atsync

Actually now that you guys mention it I have seen opponents try to earthquake, fire blast and ice beam my rotom occasionally (despite better options). So I guess they do try to catch you off guard by hoping you switch into a bad move or something.

What is interesting, Ohnoitsononokusu, is that you use terrakion. Maybe that's why opponents use earthquake on dragonite, in the hope that you'll switch to terrakion and take a super effective hit. That would work with my rotom as well, as I use it with scizor (weak to fire) and dragonite (weak to ice).

Of course, it could also be a coincidence and I'm just overthinking this lol.

@skitz0phrenic: With HP Fire (and thus 30 Speed IV and 30 SpA IV), 248 Speed EVs and 248 SpA EVs will get you the same 177 speed and 181 Special Attack, so you can use 4 HP 4 Def 248 SpA 4 Sp Def 248 Speed instead. Unfortunately 177 speed ties Jolly Durant (base 109), but still lets you outspeed the bunch of base 108s (Galvantula, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Infernape) by 1 point, so you should go for 177 speed.

Actually now that you guys mention it I have seen opponents try to earthquake, fire blast and ice beam my rotom occasionally (despite better options). So I guess they do try to catch you off guard by hoping you switch into a bad move or something.

What is interesting, Ohnoitsononokusu, is that you use terrakion. Maybe that's why opponents use earthquake on dragonite, in the hope that you'll switch to terrakion and take a super effective hit. That would work with my rotom as well, as I use it with scizor (weak to fire) and dragonite (weak to ice).

Of course, it could also be a coincidence and I'm just overthinking this lol.
Interesting you should say that atsync, and it's a plausible idea - however I heard that the AI knows what item you have on your Pokemon at all times and my Terrakion runs Air Balloon, but I still can see why that could be the reason.

It may be possible to make a good trio for the battle subway super singles in which each Pokemon's resist is another's weakness so that you could almost intentionally get the AI to over predict. Speculation but who knows.

My streak ended at 154. I'll post proof tonight.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sunday´s kind of a bad day for my doubles streaks...lost my first battle with top and the reason was my awful decision-making, yet once again

So the team is the same as Hitmolee-Latios-Hydreigon-Metagross, but instead of Hitmonlee I use

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
EV spread: 6 / 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 252
Lv.50: 126 / 161 / 115 / 43 / 130 / 122
Moves:
~ Fake Out
~ Mach Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Close Combat

#180 doubles vs legends trainer:
top-lati vs thunda-regirock
1. FO+DP thund, rock polish
2. sucker+DP, prankster chesto-rest, sucker failed, slide
3. sucker+DP, prankster chesto, sucker failed, slide
4. slide, lati fainted, CC, rock sitrus to 60%, sleep1
- meta in
5. mach + bullet, rock fainted (long overdue), sleep2
- foe landorus
don´t remember the rest but hydra 2-hit lando and thund rested again, foe´s last poké was regice, of course...

really bad game from my side, wasting 2 turns on thund that should´ve been the end of rock there...bah

the loss kind of "forced" me to continue with my singles streak (168), where I had two crazy battles later in the same set of 7

#211 against lead gastrodon3 (lefties, surf, earth power) and I flashed 6 times and didn´t have the patience to stall by switching, foe hit quite a lot of surfs, latias was at 80HP, I just went to chomp who got hit in the face hard by surf, but then subbed, 1 SD and KOed gastro, but its sub was broken by second poké sturdy golem quake, last pokémon was charizard

yes charizard 3 is the scarfed one...I thought OK he´s gonna air slash and I win this one with registeel...charizard used heat wave, garchomp fainted (I´m like oh shi I lost - chomp was at like 48 HP when KOed)...OK so I was in bed, no pocket calc near, so I took my second DS lite and used the pokétch calc app from diamond to calculate that heat wave does max 37 dmg to latias, which means 3HKO (remember it was at 80 HP), so I´ve decided to flash and hope for the best, you know, get in as many of those to give registeel at least little chance...

flash-avoided HW2, flash-avoided HW3, flash-avoided HW4, flash-hit HW5, flash-hit HW6 and burned, latias fainted from burn...

registeel tried to sub and avoided the HW, gg (struggle win in the end)...

like 7 minutes later, #214 vs black belt (set4 fire/fighting/steel)

latias vs blaziken4 - flare blitz is obvious but I didn´t stop to check the set like I´m supposed to and "think" for a sec...so I tricked

1. trick, flare blitz, CH
2. flare blitz, CH, latias fainted...way to start a battle
-chomp in
3. flare blitz, sub
4. flare blitz, sub broke, quake, chicken fainted
-foe poliwrath, gg...or? (note it´s the focus punch/waterfall wrath)
5. chomp wants to SD but wrath focuses...fuuuu...SD, focus punch, chomp fainted
- steel in, good luck buddy against that poli and if you, by any miracle, beat that one, you´ll face another bad matchup enemy from a black belt...
6. curse, focus punch
7. iron head, waterfall
8. curse, focus punch
9., 10., 11....just attacked him with a +2 iron head and KOed it, was at 67 HP
-foe´s last one is... ... ... durant! please not the digger... yes this one´s iron head/scissor/protect/entrainment...unless there´s hustle flinchhax I win
he uses entrainment as I sub, gg
1-0

now at 217

EDIT: New streak with LatiTop

#156 vs Pilot Artemas: Moltres, Staraptor, Thundurus, Crobat
1. Fake Out Tres, Dragon Pulse Raptor, Raptor fainted, Tres flinched.
- foe Thund
2. Top Sucker Punch Thund, Thund Dark Pulse, Latios at 60/156, Latios Dragon Pulse, Thund fainted, Moltres Air Slash, Latios fainted.
- foe Crobat, me Hydra
3. Moltres Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat X-Scissor, Hydra at 73/167, Hydra Dark Pulse, Tres protected.
4. Hydra Protect, Moltres double Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat Scissor, Hydra protected.
5. Top Sucker Tres, Bat Scissor, Hydra fainted, Tres Air Slash, Sash.
- me Meta
6. Top Sucker Bat, Bat Cross Poison, Top fainted, Tres Heat Wave, CH!, Meta fainted.
0-2

Yes I misplayed, but still, I´ve put Occa Berry on Metagross alongside Rock Slide exactly for these kind of situations. But hell no, in the 1 battle in 100 that I actually have to rely on Occa, the AI says FU and CHs Metagross. Thanks you.

By the way:
177spA Thundurus Dark Pulse vs 130 sD Latios = 82-98 dmg = 52-63% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs vs 130 sD Latios = 58-69 dmg = 37-44% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs 130 sD Hitmontop = 116-138 = 92-100% dmg

Why in the world did Moltres attack Latios instead of Top turn 2 and then double protect? I just don´t get the AI...

So basically the Super Singles Train is a dickhead to me

Darmanitan / Samurott / Gliscor

Cryogonal lead, no idea what else

Sheer Cold Darmanitan. 2-3
Blizzard Gliscor. 1-3
Spams Sheer Cold at Samurott and hits after three attempts. 0-3

This was like at 21 or something

-_-

atsync

Interesting you should say that atsync, and it's a plausible idea - however I heard that the AI knows what item you have on your Pokemon at all times and my Terrakion runs Air Balloon, but I still can see why that could be the reason.

It may be possible to make a good trio for the battle subway super singles in which each Pokemon's resist is another's weakness so that you could almost intentionally get the AI to over predict. Speculation but who knows.

My streak ended at 154. I'll post proof tonight.
Surely the AI doesn't know the pokemon's item until it is sent out? I doubt that the opponent would know that terrakion had air balloon until you sent it itto battle, which would explain why the opponent is happy to use earthquake. Of course, if the opponent doesn't know items until they're sent out, how would they know what you're pokemon actually are until they're sent out (and hence use earthquake to catch terrakion off guard)?

All this considered, I think I've put too much into this and I doubt there is some method to cause the opponent to overpredict. For me, it's just easier to not switch out until I know it's safe (or I have no choice). It works most of the time!

Nice streak by the way. I just beat my previous record and am sitting on 91 wins now. Hopefully I can go further.

EDIT: Nevermind, just lost at 94 wins because 5 consecutive turns of full paralysis allowed for scrafty to set up on me with bulk up and sweep me >:(

My streak ended in battle 122 to another legendary team (will post proof later). I didn't save it, so I won't post too many details but there was a lot of crit hax bullshit involved. Oh well.

I've taken Jumpman's Latios/Suicune/Terrakion team for a couple of spins around the subway, but I don't think I will post a record with them even if I make it far enough, partly because I strongly suspect that at least one of the members is hacked (though the stats are all right, and they all look legit) and partly because, well, it's not really my team and I'm pretty sure Jumpman can produce a much longer streak with it than me.

In any case, I haven't even beaten the boss yet, there is a lot more crit and flinch hax involved than usual. My previous streak was blessed with not getting haxed away too early, but I struggle to make it even to the subway boss with this one. I'm fairly sure some of it is my fault, of course, but when random pokes like Golurk keep critting my Cune to death, it makes me want to toss the DS out the window rather than to start over from the beginning.

Still, it nets me a bunch of BPs and PP-Ups and whatnot, it's just frustrating to go back another hour in time after losing in battle 40-something to random Zen Headbutt flinches (thrice in a row, thankyouverymuch, mr. Metagross).

I'm curious to know how others deal with the frustration of losing in these cases - do you need to put the game away for a few days after a streak is broken?

EDIT: Streak broken again at 37, to a god damn Gastrodon with Storm Drain, whom I foolishly let set up some Amnesias/Curses along side my Cune. Actually critted it to death with Terrakion, but naturally I lost anyway. I'm beginning to think that Latios isn't pulling his weight, despite the fact that he has a perfect SAtk stat, he has a lot of near-misses and there are many pokes who live with a sliver of HP. I think I'll try another run but replace his LO with a Specs.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well, today I didn´t even get to 14 with whimsicott-terrakion-darmanitan-latios lol...lost to something random, I think 2 fake outers...anyway wide lens slide missed as soon as in the 4th battle, I doubt anyone can get a high streak with that move...

oh yeah, I lost my singles streak, I´m having trouble focusing after 1,5 hours of play it seems (normally I play 3 sets in singles or 4-5 in doubles which take 1:15 and now I wanted to add a 4th singles one), setting up steel is so monotone but I have to be on the watch all the time...because I´m facing stuff like double CH throwers from tales followed by a CH flinching zenbutt from zong, or the standard last-struggle-always-crit-breaking-sub etc.

but enough of excuses, here´s how it went (last turn is super amazing...)

#265 vs socialite aparna:

latias vs heatran

1. latias trick, scarf<->white herb, heatran WoW, burn dmg
2. latias t-wave, heatran WoW, latias avoided, burn dmg
3. latias t-wave, heatran WoW, latias already has a burn, burn dmg
4. foe withdrew heatran, sent out latias, my latias t-wave
5. my latias flash, foe´s latias paralyzed
- at this point I had a feeling in my gut "what if it´s the physical one? shouldn´t I charm, just in case?"..well
6. my latias flash, foe´s latias used dragon claw, my latias fainted, LO dmg #1
- registeel out
7. registeel used curse, latias used hone claws
8. registeel used curse, latias used hone claws
9. latias used quake, steel at 93/187 HP, LO dmg #2, steel used sub, 47/187, lefties, 58/187
10. latias used quake, sub broke, LO dmg #3, steel iron head latias to red HP what looks like max 10%, lefties, 69/187
11. latias used quake, registeel fainted, LO dmg #4
- my garchomp
and now
the grand finale
12. peterko´s garchomp used earthquake, it doesn´t affect latias, latias used dragon claw, garchomp fainted, LO dmg #5, latias fainted

0-2

hahahahahahahahaha what the hell...

note that video says that beside the para choice locked heatran, the foe still had a terrakion so it would´ve been an interesting battle depending on its held item...or not

a dmg calc for myself "in hindsight":

+2 registeel iron head (216atk) vs 155HP/110def latias = 90-106 dmg (58-68%)

considering latias hit me 4 times, that means 4x15 LO dmg = 60... means that my registeel got (EDIT:) less than rand. 91/100 in the dmg formula (rand. 85-90/100), average dmg would´ve meant a double KO in turn 11...

obviously, I should´ve gone with flinchhax instead of curse with steel, it does 45-54 dmg (29-35%) to latias, or even better +1 IH does 67-79 dmg (43-51%) while I was faster at +1...a clear 2HKO when considering a second LO dmg after it hit my latias plus possible paraflinch hax (52% chance to get through)...

depending on what the foe would send out next, steel could´ve set up on heatran or just faint...garchomp obviously 1hits heatran and...yep it also 1hits each terrakion...

so the biggest mistake was not analyzing the situation properly on my side, with a clear head, after some dmg calcs (I was kind of tired because of all the stalling I had to do against things like CM protect cune and curseferro...

it was really a major mistake considering 264 is a big singles streak in BW and one set of 7 takes 21-25 minutes with this team...ouch I messed up badly

The computer hacks, duh. The AI knows all of your Pokemon before the match. It is a dirty counter-teamer, end of story.

Anyway I decided to attempt the BS, but it really is BS. I can't seem to be even able to win more than 4 matches in a row. I decided to try out a Shell Smash Carracosta for a lead as a change, and I surprisingly managed to climb all the way to like battle 17 or something before losing to hax.

Turn 1: Carracosta smashes, opponent does something, idk, I can't really rmb, but it did damage Carracosta a little
Turn 2: Carracosta murders the opponent
Turn 3: Carracosta vs. Roserade: Carracosta AJ's Roserade since I'm quite sure I still can't outspeed, Roserade kills me with Leaf Storm then restores stat changes with White Herb.
Turn 4: Hydreigon comes in and kills off Roserade with U-Turn, I swap to Swellow, activate Toxic Orb
Turn 5: Starmie comes in. I select U-Turn, it outspeeds Swellow and kills it with Surf.
Turn 6: Hydreigon comes in and I Draco Meteor, knowing I outspeed due to scarf. Starmie survives on Focus Sash and brings me down to half my HP with Signal Beam, confusing Hydreigon as well.
Turn 7: I know I just need one more DM to win, but Hydreigon decides this is the perfect time to smack itself and Starmie finishes off with another Signal Beam. >.>

@ TM13
That's exactly what I think it does - I think it generates Pokémon depending on what you immediately have out on the field.

Also, I thought Swellow has max 372 or 383 (forgot) Speed?

Anyways, this is the only "in-game" thread that I actually like. It's pretty interesting to learn what other people use to overcome the never-ending hax.

@ TM13
That's exactly what I think it does - I think it generates Pokémon depending on what you immediately have out on the field.

Also, I thought Swellow has max 372 or 383 (forgot) Speed?

Anyways, this is the only "in-game" thread that I actually like. It's pretty interesting to learn what other people use to overcome the never-ending hax.
The Swellow I used was Adamant natured because I can't find a Jolly one to breed with :x

The Carracosta was raised from the Tirtouga I revived from the fossil because it had a somewhat nice nature(Quiet) and nice IVs(max HP and 20 Atk).

The Hydreigon was a shit-IV one that I caught from Victory Road.

Might as well post my team here:

Carracosta (M) @White Herb(prolly changing to Lum)
Sturdy
IVs: 31/20/can't be bothered/lol/cool story/lame
Quiet nature(meh, should've bred for Brave or sth)
EVs: 252 HP/248 Atk/8 Def(lol filler)
Shell Smash/Aqua Jet/Rock Slide/Earthquake

Hydreigon (M) @Choice Scarf
Levitate
IVs: extremely lame
Mild nature
EVs: 12 Atk/5 Def/248 SpA/252 Spe(I haven't DW'd for a while so I didn't have any of the def-lowering berries)
Draco Meteor/Surf/Fire Blast/U-Turn

Swellow (F) @ Toxic Orb
Guts
IVs: idc/31/idc/idc/idc/31
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Protect/Facade/U-Turn/AA(changing this to Quick Attack).

I really liked Carracosta's priority attacks and the fact that he hits harder than Azumarill after 1 smash, and if the opponent uses something random like Swords Dance I auto-win since its an open invitation for me to nab a 2nd smash. I've managed to 3-0 a bunch of opponents with just Carracosta alone lol.

The Swellow I used was Adamant natured because I can't find a Jolly one to breed with :x

The Carracosta was raised from the Tirtouga I revived from the fossil because it had a somewhat nice nature(Quiet) and nice IVs(max HP and 20 Atk).

The Hydreigon was a shit-IV one that I caught from Victory Road.

Might as well post my team here:

Carracosta (M) @White Herb(prolly changing to Lum)
Sturdy
IVs: 31/20/can't be bothered/lol/cool story/lame
Quiet nature(meh, should've bred for Brave or sth)
EVs: 252 HP/248 Atk/8 Def(lol filler)
Shell Smash/Aqua Jet/Rock Slide/Earthquake

Hydreigon (M) @Choice Scarf
Levitate
IVs: extremely lame
Mild nature
EVs: 12 Atk/5 Def/248 SpA/252 Spe(I haven't DW'd for a while so I didn't have any of the def-lowering berries)
Draco Meteor/Surf/Fire Blast/U-Turn

Swellow (F) @ Toxic Orb
Guts
IVs: idc/31/idc/idc/idc/31
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Protect/Facade/U-Turn/AA(changing this to Quick Attack).

I really liked Carracosta's priority attacks and the fact that he hits harder than Azumarill after 1 smash, and if the opponent uses something random like Swords Dance I auto-win since its an open invitation for me to nab a 2nd smash. I've managed to 3-0 a bunch of opponents with just Carracosta alone lol.
I understand that the Subway isn't completely serious like PO or Rating mode on the GBU, but.. are you sure you couldn't get better natures/IV's/etc for those?

The teams aren't generated on the spot to counter you. Most different types of trainers carry similar teams for that trainer type. There's enough data in the OP that you can tell almost exactly what you're going to fight from Turn 1. Also, having poor in game Natures/IV's/EV's can and will make you lose, if not before Battle 49, then most definitely soon after it.

I understand that the Subway isn't completely serious like PO or Rating mode on the GBU, but.. are you sure you couldn't get better natures/IV's/etc for those?
I know I'd lose before Battle 49, but the part that ticked me off was that I lost to hax. Hydreigon could easily OHKO Starmie 3 with Draco Meteor(the fact that sash activated proved it), but then I got confused and when I just needed the 2nd DM to hit Hydreigon hit himself in confusion and died. :/

Yeah, I understand that I would probably be better off with better IVs, but I thought I'd try out the Subway and see how far I could go. 15 is currently my highest record(really). :/

I know I'd lose before Battle 49, but the part that ticked me off was that I lost to hax. Hydreigon could easily OHKO Starmie 3 with Draco Meteor(the fact that sash activated proved it), but then I got confused and when I just needed the 2nd DM to hit Hydreigon hit himself in confusion and died. :/

Yeah, I understand that I would probably be better off with better IVs, but I thought I'd try out the Subway and see how far I could go. 15 is currently my highest record(really). :/
Beats my record of 14.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)