Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Scizor @ Steel Gem
Adamant|Technician
I forgot the exact EVS, but it had some HP, max Attack, and some Special Defense.
Swords Dance
Pursuit
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Is Pursuit really necessary? I mean, has it done anything worthwhile? In my experiences with Scizor, frail ghosts like Gengar and Froslass are easily sorted by Bullet Punch, and bulkier ghosts like Cofagrigus, Dusknoir and Spiritomb probably aren't going to care much about Pursuit anyway.

Maybe you could use Aerial Ace or Superpower or something? Superpower is nice because it have good coverage, though it's a 4th gen move tutor move which means getting a new Scizor. Aerial Ace is less useful, though it does cover fighting types (Gligar can probably handle many of the fighting types anyway).

Seems like a cool team though. Good luck!

Decided to sign up and post how im doing on the battle tower.

My best streak: 123

My team:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid 6/0/0/252/0/252
Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold 252/0/252/0/6/0
Pressure
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly 6/252/0/0/0/252
Sand Veil
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Sword Dance

Proof: http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb259/xR2Bx/0613012058.jpg

Lost to a lead Thundurus that most have had a +speed nature and a 31 iv to outspeed by Gengar by 1 with its troll 111 speed. I went for the Destiny Bond just incase something gay were to happen, (as in the back of my mind I knew this thing would somehow outspeed) and of course gets a paralyze on the thunderbolt, I get parahaxed, essentially giving him the easy 2 hit KO. I Sent out Garchomp to revenge kill but he managed to get off a focus blast as outrage failed to KO, bringing Garchomp to red health. My second outrage does indeed kill. He proceeds to send out a latios which revenge kills garchomp with dragon pulse (switching would have been pointless). I send out suicune, praying for him to not have thunderbolt, didnt really care about grass not as suicune could brush those off pretty easy. My wish came true, but instead he had thunder for the OHKO. gg.

My next team will still be focused around suicune who saved me numerous times, but will now feature its newest member, Scrafty. The set will look something like this:

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Careful 252/0/6/0/252/0
Shed Skin
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Rest

This thing is very similair to the one talked of just earlier (I guess great minds think alike as ive been wanting to use that set since the idea sparked on Scraftys analysis back in September haha). Scrafty and Suicune will work very well together as one is trained in a +Defense nature with 252HP/252Defense, and the other with a +Special Defense nature and 252HP/252SpDefense, allowing either to come in easily depending on the type of attacker and begin boosting their own attack and opposite defense in the form of bulk up and calm mind. I will most likely give Suicune a Chesto Berry, opting for lefties on Scrafty as shed skin negates chesto. Will post on my success!

Good job on your streak! Yeah you kind of do need something faster than base 111 speed nowadays to deal with Thundurus.

Just a minor thing:
...I send out suicune, praying for him to not have thunderbolt, didnt really care about grass not as suicune could brush those off pretty easy. My wish came true, but instead he had thunder for the OHKO. gg.
None of the Latios in Subway have Grass Knot, and more importantly, even if one did, Grass Knot is 100 Base Power vs Suicune compared to Thunderbolt's 95 (not having factored in type effectiveness obviously), so it wouldn't make sense to be scared of Tbolt but not Grass Knot.

@Shinypoke,

Nice team and well done on your streak, but I would suggest that you put Substitute over Rest on Suicune and Scrafty, because with the amount of battles you'll be playing, you're bound to get critted eventually.

Good job on your streak! Yeah you kind of do need something faster than base 111 speed nowadays to deal with Thundurus.

Just a minor thing:

None of the Latios in Subway have Grass Knot, and more importantly, even if one did, Grass Knot is 100 Base Power vs Suicune compared to Thunderbolt's 95 (not having factored in type effectiveness obviously), so it wouldn't make sense to be scared of Tbolt but not Grass Knot.
wow i never realized suicune was so heavy lol, im actually pretty use to vaporeon who i know is much lighter and figured they about the same from their shape. I didnt even bother looking up latios because i knew it would have a SE move one way or another, but thankyou for the tip.

@Shinypoke,

Nice team and well done on your streak, but I would suggest that you put Substitute over Rest on Suicune and Scrafty, because with the amount of battles you'll be playing, you're bound to get critted eventually.
yeah i mean it definitly happens its just ice beam is the filler for water absorb pokes that always seem to pop up, usualy when suicune is my last guy, and rest always seems help the frequent statuses such as poison that really shuts suicune down. Really the strategy is to get off as many boosts as possible to the point where crits hurt much less, but im definitly gonna try it out. Thanks a lot guys!

yeah i mean it definitly happens its just ice beam is the filler for water absorb pokes that always seem to pop up, usualy when suicune is my last guy. Really the strategy is to get off as many boosts as possible to the point where crits hurt much less, but im definitly gonna try it out. Thanks a lot guys!
Critical hits bypass offensive drops and defensive boosts

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
for suicune i would suggest putting sub over icy wind if anything, foregoing rest on cm cune is kind of not an option unless you plan on relying on protect hax just to pressure stall

scrafty needs/wants it less because of the lol coverage that ice punch and stab dark/fighting grant it plus shed skin being made for a relatively bulky tank with rather reliable recovery in drain punch. that said, carl and i have tried scrafty in the subway and we're both sad to say it's underwhelming. we tried 252atk/252spe jolly which is nice cause it outspeeds the 110+ base speed crew (and thund/torn) with sitrus berry, but it just doesnt have the time to grab the requisite DDs to pack a punch before it has to start attacking. maybe a 252 SpD set would work better

Doubles Battle Tower Streak: 248

Snorlax Sitrus Berry
Thick Fat
Relaxed (+D –S)
EVs: 252 HP - 4 A - 252 D
- Protect
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Bronzong @Occa Berry
Levitate
Sassy (+SD -S)
EVs: 252 HP - 156 D - 100 SD
- Trick Room
- Psych Up
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball

Metagross Focus sash
Clear Body
Brave (+A -S)
EVs: 156 HP - 252 A - 100 SD
- Psych Up
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Bullet Punch

Togekiss @Macho Brace
Serene Grace
Quiet (+SA -S )
EVs: 100 HP - 156 D - 252 SA
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

That’s right, it’s a Trick Room, Belly Drum, Psych Up team.

I liked the idea of using Psych Up in the doubles tower. It’s a bit like a more-effective baton pass, and a really interesting set of pokes can learn it. It can also be really effective against Curse or Calm Mind opponents.

At first I was working with a special set, using a Volcarona to get a quiver dance and maybe a fiery dance boost and then passing that onto Suicune and Latios. The problem was that Rock Slide is so effective in doubles and Volcarona would often get taken out too early.
So I switched to a physical team and it turned out much better.

The idea is that Snorlax protects on turn 1 (unless there is no threat) while Bronzong sets up the trick room. Then Snorlax will Drum and Bronzong can Psych up on the same turn, before anything can sneak in and try to KO Snorlax.
With Trick Room and Belly Drum these guys have ultimate defence, speed and attack, to the point that they casually stroll through pretty much anyone.

If Snorlax gets taken out, Metagross jumps in and can Psych Up on Bronzong, which takes its attack to ludicrous levels.

It’s strange that of the 8 attacking moveslots on these guys there are only 3 types of attacks, but they do the job well, and the multi-targeting really eats up Sashes and Sturdy.

Then when you really need it there’s Togekiss. I never thought I’d be using a Macho Brace in the Subway, but after trying out a few different options, such as Telepathy Musharna, Togekiss won out due to its awesome movepool. With the Brace, Togekiss’s speed is just lower than Bronzong’s, making it pretty fast under Trick Room.

Grass Knot is for bulky, cursing Grounds and Waters (And especially Ground/Waters)
Airslash is for bulky fighting types that can cause the team some headaches. Especially when the bastards Bulk-up.
Aurasphere is perfect for cursing Umbreons as well as good insurance against Double Team hax.
Flamethrower is essential for Ferrothorn and Escavalier, as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Originally I was going to breed a Togekiss in HGSS to get Heat Wave, but I think Flamethrower might actually be better in the subway. I only need it occasionally, but it’s always critical that it hits, and the old rule of the Subway/Tower is that if something can go wrong, it will. A previous streak was ended when Airslash missed a Leftovers Scrafty 3 times in a row.

So basically, if the setup goes fine then there’s very little that can go wrong, but if the setup is badly disrupted, things can get messy.
Fortunately Bronzong with levitate and Occa Berry is such a defensive beast that through all the streaks he’s only been taken out on turn 1 a couple of times. On one memorable occasion he survived a Heracross Megahorn and an Infernape Life Orb Close Combat with 2 hp.
Much more likely is that he’ll be fully paralysed, confused, encored or taunted.
Taunt is probably the biggest threat to the team, fortunately the AI is not all that good at using it, and even if it does, Lax and Zong are so defensive that the opponent will need a fair bit of attacking power to cause any trouble.
One time Snorlax was frozen for 12 turns before defrosting with enough HP left to Belly Drum.

The other big threat is that fat jerk Conkeldurr.
If I face him turn 1 I have to protect with Snorlax, and in a lot of cases he’ll bulk-up which makes things pretty complicated. I could try switching in Togekiss on turn 1, but messing with the setup never goes well, and Conkeldurr can still get Togekiss into KO range by flinging its Iron Ball.

My streak was ended by a Shuckle. All it had to do was use encore really effectively so I couldn’t get the Drum off. If I don’t use Trick Room then Bronzong can’t Psych Up on the same turn as Snorlax Drums, and if I do then Shuckle is faster and can encore.
Normally I would be keen to Belly Drum on the first turn before Shuckle can do anything about it, but the other opponent was a Superpower Tyranitar which can KO Snorlax after the drum.
So the Shuckle proceeded to Gastro Acid away Zong’s Levitate twice, and also used power trick on Metagross while Tyranitar took out Snorlax and then Togekiss.
It actually came pretty close in the end, and if it wasn’t for Metagross’s weakened attack he could’ve quaked his way to victory.

I must say I had a fair bit of good luck in this streak, at least compared to all the others that only ever made it to about 90. And I’m glad it ended to some smart play by the AI rather than a bunch of crits or other hax.

It’s odd how this team is all 4th gen, and I wonder how it’d go in the tower. No Conkleldurr, but more 1HKO users, plus the tower is so much slower than the subway.

I’ve also been trying a Guard Split Shuckle with a Calm Mind Blissey. By using Bronzong’s reliable Trick Room services on the first turn, he can switch out to Blissey to who catches Shuckle’s Guard Split before anyone can do anything about it. Blissey can then use Calm Mind 6 times before Suicune jumps in with Psych up.
Although really slow, this is fairly reliable except for Roar and Whirlwind which wreak absolute havoc with the tactics.

So anyway, let me know if you have any ideas for improvements or any comments about the team/s.

@Ashenlock, I haven't heard of molf party but google tells me it was used in a championship, do you know what pokemon were in it or, or have a link? That would be really interesting.

@bluemon, gastro acid does work on steels. It was surprising that the AI knew to get rid of levitate, but as they seem to use it on Snorlax just as much in other situations I guess it just got lucky.

Edit: I found a video of the molf team. It was uploaded by TRE, which is cool considering he was the king of the Lv1 TR team back in the doubles tower.
I guess it's good that the subway takes the levels up so some of the old tactics don't work and we have to find new ones. Keeps things interesting.

Cradily and I managed a 76 win streak on the Super Multi Subway Line.

Prudence the Marowak (F) @Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Level 50 Stats: 136 145 130 57 100 97
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Marowak is the powerhouse of the team – if she manages to grab a Swords Dance boost, it’s pretty much game over for the opponent. Protect saves Marowak from threatening super-effective attacks on turn one while Whimsicott Tailwinds, allowing her to outspeed almost all non-scarfers the following turn. Even when Marowak is unable to Swords Dance, a Helping Hand from Whimsicott still allows her to lay down the hurt. Earthquake and Rock Slide provide nice ‘edgequake’ coverage and smack both foes hard. Under Tailwind Marowak hits 194 speed, leaving her outsped only by Accelegor, Jolteon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Electrode and scarfers. Lightning Rod is a nice bonus, absorbing Thunder Waves for Whimsicott and Hydreigon.

Butch the Machamp (M) @Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Level 50 Stats: 171 200 100 72 105 101
- DynamicPunch
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Machamp is a solid backup for Marowak, cleaning up anything left behind. Move choices are pretty self-explanatory. Rock Slide was chosen over Stone Edge to allow him to smack both opponents if necessary and its middling power is remedied with a Helping Hand from Whimsicott. Priority in Bullet Punch proves useful to finish off faster weakened foes if Tailwind peeters out or Trick Room is in effect. Max attack is of course a must, while 208 speed EVs put Machamp at 101 speed, allowing him to outrun scarf Skarmory and everything slower under Tailwind. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP for some added bulk.

Picture for proof:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66252366@N06/6031441128/

As state above flavor0 and made streak of 76 on super multi.

Quintus – Whimsicott
Bold @ Air balloon
prankster
252 HP 44DEF 214 SPD
iv’s 31/31/31/31/31/31
stats: 167/78/122/97/121/136
Tailwind / u-turn / helping hand / light screen

Whismicotts sole purpose is to support Marowak and Machamp in all ways possible. Nine times out of ten setting up tail wind is imperative while marowak protects/swords dances depending on the matchup. Once set up, the AI does us a favor of killing Whimsicott 9 times out of 10 giving me a free switch in for Hydregion. Sometimes, instead of tailwind/protect we will use helping hand + earthquake on the first turn if we out speed the enemies, light screen is usually a filler and helps in random situations. U-turn is great for killing sturdy/focus sash users. I do realize I am running bold with u-turn, I originally planned for using this Whimsicott for something else and I never got around to changing it, the ev’s are slightly off I should have a 122 in SPD but somewhere I screwed up the process.

The ev investments favor bulk by equalizing defenses. Marowak has a strong chance to OHKO Whimiscott with a swords dance and a helping hand.Just helping hand will do about 50% depending on the random roll. Without any speed investment Whimiscott reaches 136 speed which effectively out speeds any pokemon with tailwind up. This allows me to nearly always guarantee a u-turn hit and a switch out to Hydregion. This allows marowak to earthquake without hitting whimsicot if air balloon is broken. I originally ran leftovers but chose air balloon as the better option considering about 1 in every 7 battles air balloon would actually be helpful. Whereas leftovers was never helpful

Brutus- Hydregion
@ life orb
Modest
Ev’s 156 HP 252 SPA 100SPE
Iv’s 31/x/31/31/31/31
Stats: 187/112/110/194/110/131
Dark pulse / Dragon pulse / Draco meteor / Flamethrower
Hydregion main trait is the fact it has levitate, allowing free use of earthquake without killing me. Hydregion also outruns everything using its 262 speed during tail wind. This allows it to effectively kill nearly every single threat, especially pokemon who resist the earth-slide combo. At best, hydregion gets only 2 turns to play with tailwind, but that’s all the time it needs to destroy what marowak fails to hit. Hydregion does have much synergy with machamp but they do not share any weaknesses so I have yet to see them both get neutralized in the same turn. They rarely appear next to each other.

It should be noted that the whole team has 3 weaknesses to ice. Blizzard is a problem, but protect plus tailwind allows us to revenge kill/out speed most blizzard spammers.

How we lost

From the get go this team has always had problems with bulky water times especially those with ice attacks. Intimidate is a huge problem when it’s a lead. Therefore probably one of the biggest threats is a lead gyarados that prevents us from using swords dance safely by threating with a stab water attack.

This is what we faced on battle 77. They lead with gyarados and gastodon. We killed gyarados and lost marowak. Then machamp killed wailord that was sent out. Gastrodon weakened machamp. Gastrondon Then killed after uturning whimsicott out. Hydregion finished off gastrondon and then switched out to whimsicott as the opponent sent out the four water type slowking. I set up light screen he ice beamed for half health. I tailwinded to kill a turn so as to not take a ice beam. He crit killed me. I sent out hydregion and could not kill it with dark pulse due to its max hp/max SPD. To our luck, slowking crit me with ice beam again and hit through the light screen for the kill.

This battle emphasizes our water weakness. All in all a fun team to use.

a link of proof
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66252366@N06/6030876633/

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Time to bumb this back to the first page, I think.

Anyway, after my singles team got swept by a freaking stockpile chesto rest weezing, I decided to was time to make a serious attempt at doubles. I haven't actually tried this yet, but I thought I'd post anyway to see what other people thought about it.

My team is a rain team. Nothing about it is finalised yet:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Politoed @ Choice Specs

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Psychic

Politoed starts the rain and basically sits there spamming Hydro Pump. The other moves are fillers. Ice Beam is for dragons, Focus Blast is for Ferrothorn, and Psychic is for Toxicroak.

Amoongus @ Leftovers

Spore
Rage Powder
Protect
Giga Drain

Although Spore may seem like the main attraction to this set, I'm actually using it for Rage Powder. With this move, all of those nasty grass and electric moves aimed at Politoed are drawn in. It makes it easier for Politoed to attack freely. If I sense a super effective move is coming Amoongus's way, I Protect. Spore is useful for putting big threats away for a while. Giga Drain prevents it from being absolute taunt bait and does a number on water/ground types (though taunt still sucks obviously).

Magnezone @ Shuca Berry

Thunder
Flash Cannon
Thunder Wave
Protect

Magnezone's typing is good for this team as it resists both of my leads weaknesses except fire (which isn't that big a deal as it's raining). It mainly fires off powerful Thunders.

Kingdra @ Life Orb

Waterfall
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Yawn

Boring! Outspeeds everything in rain and cleans up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone think this could work? I think it could have potential. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Pokemon Black Version Super Singles Record: 105

Proof: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/navy823/Misc035.jpg

My first post here. I've been monitoring this thread for a while now and I've been trying different combinations and ideas of mostly what I see here. Eventually I found a team that worked after trying countless others.

Darmanitan @Choice Scarf
Nickname: Hihidaruma
Ability: Sheer Force
IV's: 19/30/19/2/19/24
EV's: 4HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Lv.50 Stats: 175/ 210/ 69/ 32/ 69/ 143
Moveset:
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-U-turn
-Rock Slide

Suicune @Leftovers
Nickname: The Cune
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
IV's: 26/ 31/ 9/ 19/ 3/ 25
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
Lv.50 Stats: 204/ 85/ 171/ 104/ 121/ 103
Moveset:
-Scald
-Icy Wind
-Calm Mind
-Rest

Latios @Life Orb
Nickname: Eose
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
IV's: 11/ 27/ 6/ 9/ 9/ 25
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Lv.50 Stats: 146/ 98/ 88/ 171/ 119/ 169

Yeah, let's hear it for the people that don't have enough time to breed their Pokemon for perfect IV's! That was probably the reason for me losing in the end, but at least I made it to 105. After trying to use sets around my two of my most favorite Pokemon, Scizor and Togekiss, and also trying out Darmanitan, Gyarados and Terrakion together, I did some research and I found a team that worked.

The first member is Hihidaruma. This thing kills almost anything that doesn't resist fire with a Flare Blitz. This attack was a lifesaver time after time again. It's ridiculously overpowered. Tie that in with the ability to outspeed anything not scarfed and you get Hihidaruma tearing whole teams apart. I tried using other leads, but nothing compared to the satisfying feeling of watching nearly any enemy fall to the power of Flare Blitz. U-Turn was especially useful as well with breaking sashes and Sturdies as well as dealing some damage while Suicune or Latios came in and took or avoided the hit. Mostly ground type attacks were aimed at him the first turn such as earthquake or Bulldoze, so Latios could almost always switch in safely, or Suicine could switch in and take the hit and start setting up. I only used Rock Slide on Charizards, Dragon/Flying types, and sometimes Pilots, but it missed a lot for 90 accuracy. I also only used Superpower on DD Tyranitar and Heatran, most of the time Hihidaruma was Flare Blitzing or U-Turning.

If I had to pick an MVP, it would probably have to be The Cune. This guy can take any hit and survive it easily. The move Scald fit him perfectly as he could burn physical attackers or wear away at Double Team users or Toxic stallers. It also can defrost him, which has been useful in a few situations. With this, The Cune basically comes in, burns, and sets up with CM. Icy Wind may seem inferior to Ice Beam, but the speed drop has proven to be very useful when using Latios for a revenge kill, since it only has 15 speed IV's. Rest was also useful for curing status conditions and ensuring that I still had full health after stalling out Pokemon that I had burned. Overall The Cune could tear teams apart while taking hits like crazy, and was definitely useful as a wall.

Latios was my least favorite to use, but useful nevertheless. Dragon Pulse obviously for STAB and coverage. Psyshock was very helpful against Blisseys and Tentacuels. Thunderbolt supported my team the most with pokemon like Gyarados and Starmie who could potentially KO Hihidaruma and The Cune before they could kill them first. Ice Beam was useful for grass types such as Sceptile, which also gave my team troubles if Hihidaruma was already dead.

I lost to a Psychic with a Musharna. I forgot to save the video so the battle is based off of memory.
1: Hihidaruma U-turn, ~65%, The Cune in, Musharna CM
2: Cune Scald, burn, ~55%, Musharna CM
3: Cune CM, Musharna Rest, Chesto Berry wakes it up
4: Cune CM, Musharna Shadow Ball, ~75%,
5: Cune Scald, ~90%, Musharna Shadow Ball, ~55%
6: Cune CM, Musharna Shadow Ball, ~40%
7: Cune Scald, ~70%, Musharna Shadow Ball, CH, Cune fainted
8: Latios in, Psyshock, ~45%, Musharna Shadow Ball, Latios fainted
9: Hihi in, Flare Blitz, Musharna fainted
10: Golurk in, Hihi Flare Blitz, ~5%, Golurk EQ, Hihi fainted

Curse you Musharna. Anyway, I knew my imperfect Pokemon had to lose eventually, at least I got the rare berry right before they did. I'm going to move on to Doubles and try Multi with my friend because I want the other two trophies in my room.

My new team:

Whimsicott@ Choice Scarf
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252/0/6/0/252/0
Ability: Prankster
-Swticheroo
-Leech Seed
-Charm
-Flash

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Nature:Careful
EVs: 252/0/6/0/252/0
Ability: Shed Skin
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Rest

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252/0/252/0/6/0
Ability: Pressure
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Well here it is. Starts off with a simple 'trick" lead. I chose Flash over certain status moves such as Stun Spore or Cotton Spore etc. simply because of the perfect accuracy as a miss can really play a factor in winning or losing a battle, and lowering the opponent's accuracy never hurts. The nature and IV's of Whimsicott provide him with great special bulk, and after a few Charms, it's really a pain to take down and even sweeps teams itself after setting up a Leech Seed.

After I swtich the Scarf on the opponent, I must decide if I should switch right away, or set up. If I know I can stall the opponent after locking them into a move I know I can take hits from and safely set up the leech seed, I proceed to set up flashes to slowly sap health away. When I know the opponent has one more turn to live of leech seed, I steal back my Scarf, let the opponent die and repeat the process on the next Pokemon.

When I trick an opponent the Scarf on a move I know I cant set up on, I decide on swtiching to either Suicune or Scrafty based on the type of move, and wether it is special or physical. If the move is special and isnt a flying or fighting move, such as an Air Slash or Aura Sphere, I switch to Scrafty as his special bulk is insane with the given IVs and Careful nature. If its a physical move and I know I can sponge hits and safely set up with Calm Mind, I send out Suicune who can take physical hits all day, especially with the occasional burn from Scald. Both Pokemon have boosting moves of the opposite defense as they are trained in, basically making it impossible to take them down once they set up.

Both dont mind status as they bnoth carry Rest. I chose Leftovers on Scrafty and Chesto berry on Suicune as Shed Skin works as a psuedo Chesto, allowing Scrafty to awaken from rest early on its on if i get lucky. I am only 20 wins or so in but this team definitly has potential, and hasn't come across any problems thus far.

*I'm looking for a replacement for one of the two "walls", as both have STAB moves that are immune to many pokemon, something that can really screw me over in the long run. I want to be able to use Sub to protect myself against crits, but many things are immune to Fighting and Water attacks, forcing me to double up on both of their moves. Any suggestions?

I've been having good success using Whimsicott in the subway, highest streak is only 53 but I'm working on the other 2 members of the team, so far having decent success with a Shell Smash Cloyster and Registeel.

I find Encore on her to be absolutely monstrous in allowing Closter to come in boost up and sweep, while Registeel can usually handle what Cloyster can't with Paraflinch or Seismic Toss. Will do some more playing, see what needs tweaked and hopefully should see the other side of 100+ soon.

Hello. It's been months since I even checked this thread or played Pokemon (apart from one day at a tournament).

Various circumstances have made me decide to give the Subway a real attempt this time. As a point of reference, my 'real attempt' back in Gen 4 resulted in a 646 streak. I haven't even bothered to get a 100 streak in Gen 5 yet, but now I have some motivation. Seeing Jumpman's success, his and Peterko's streaks, and interesting team ideas that aren't all just Trick teams makes it interesting enough for me to return.

As for what team I'll use, there is one Pokemon I've become quite fond of ever since using it at a real-life tournament last month, which I think has the potential to sweep any team if given the right support. I won't give anything away until I've made the team and tested it.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
nice to see you coming back DrDimentio, hope it lasts a while ;)

I´m kind of having a difficult time in the subway right now, because my level of play has dropped by quite a lot and I´m doing stupid mistakes that cost me streaks...maybe I need a break, playing too much makes the losses even more disappointing, I only count the hours I throw out of the window lol

anyway, I´ll post a few of my recent streaks, here´s the team I wrote about in one of my latest posts (I used this team two weeks ago)

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Double Battle notable streaks: 52, 70, 70, 79

Item: Eviolite*
Ability: Lightningrod
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
EV spread: 6 / 252 / 4 / 0 / 4 / 244
Lv.50: 181 / 200 / 211* / 52 / 99* / 91
Moves:
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Protect
~ Megahorn

Item: Choice Scarf*
Ability: Reckless
EV spread: 6 / 252 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 252
Lv.50: 161 / 189 / 90 / 63 / 70 / 228*
Moves:
~ Brave Bird
~ Double-Edge
~ U-Turn
~ Close Combat

„SUPERNOVA2“
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
IVs: 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
EV spread: 0 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 6 / 252
Lv.50: 135 / 84 / 105 / 152 / 106 / 183
Moves:
~ Psyshock
~ Scald
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam

„ZARA“
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Technician
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 31
EV spread: 86 / 252 / 4 / 0 / 4 / 164
Lv.50: 156 / 200 / 121 / 54 / 101 / 106
Moves:
~ Bug Bite
~ Bullet Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Superpower

Basically, I wanted to test Reckless Staraptor. The initial idea was to pair it up with a Lightningrod Seaking to get some spA boosts as both are weak to electric (wasn´t sure how the AI would handle the hidden ability Seaking), but on the day I was breeding stuff I didn´t RNG a Goldeen.

Still, I was motivated to use Staraptor, which is my avatar since the start of 4th gen but unfortunately I never got around using the Pokémon in any competitive way. As for what my personal emotions are towards Staraptor, well it´s a cool Pokémon and I stumbled upon a pic of it when 4th gen started and found it awesome, so I added Peterko to the picture to personalize it and stuck with it. It´s not my favourite Pokémon, I don´t think I have one particular, but if I had to decide, it would be Arcanine.

OK enough of the stuff that noone cares about...I didn´t have a LRod Goldeen, but it reminded me of my old Rhydon sitting in my box, it was 5max IV wise (but naughty), bred in emerald before RNG manipulation was figured out. As I stated in my previous post, I´ve used Rhydon (with QC) in the 3rd gen alongside Crobat (CB) as leads in doubles and they were awesome together. So now I was going through my boxes of Pokémon I bred / caught in Black and the Pokémon I transferred over and saw a lv.100 Rhydon. Hey wasn´t there an item that boosts defenses of NFE Pokémon, Eviolite? Hell yes, it will take hits like a champ. Note that later I rebred for a perfect Adamant one.

After the leads were decided I just made a quick "type effectiveness/weaks" check in my head to put something in the back and went with Scizor (4x grass resist) and Starmie (ice/water resist plus Scald)...well it was supposed to be a "hey I want to try this" run, so I didn´t do heavy theorymon, testing while playing is an alternative way to figure out weaks/threats, also wasn´t sure how the AI would handle Lightningrod and stuff.

I went with adamant Staraptor because I only bred an adamant one (at that time), I knew it didn´t outspeed everything, but yeah test run. Choice Scarf was given as it would not live long enough with the awful defenses and crazy recoil from two STAB 144 base power attacks in Brave Bird and Double-Edge. Close Combat is obvious and I just used U-Turn as the 4th move that I would use maybe once later. Rhydon knew Earthquake, Rock Slide, Megahorn and Rock Blast. Obviously I wanted to teach him Protect, but before the initial few runs I wasn´t sure which rock move to use and thus tested both first and later stuck with Rock Slide. Don´t forget that Rhydon has one of the highest Attack stats in the "I earthquake" group (the same as Garchomp and Mamoswine).

Starmie was the Specsmie from the StarCroak lead I´ve been using since last gen, but after some tests with it I figured living and having a shot at hitting something >>> fainting without doing anything, so I made it hold a Focus Sash. The damage output is awful, but at least it helps to clean up. Using something in the back row that you´re used to lead with is quite difficult, because in case of a lead your mindset is more like "no problem if it faints", but to faint when you´re the clean up squad is bad. Scizor is purely an amazing Pokémon that I have much exp. with in the back row, it can basically save your butt against almost everything when things go wrong, but please, get rid of the Fires first ;)

Here´s a few calcs I did with Rhydon on the physical defensive side. Let me say that the way it takes those hits is ridiculous. But everything that´s fun has a downside, in Rhydon´s case it´s Water attacks/Water Types. Grass Types are not really a threat, because Staraptor hits those for insane damage plus Scizor is very reliable. Also at first, I wanted to use a 252atk / 252sD / 6speed version of it, I calced it would survive even a Glaceon 75% power Blizzard, but then I checked the speed tiers and went with 91 speed (max is 92) instead of 61 as that would allow it to outspeed 208 more Subway Pokémon (312/780 instead of 104/780) and that´s a lot.

[size=-2]RHYDON @ Eviolite: Lightningrod 181-200-211-x-99-91
- will always survive:
< 155 atk STAB Aqua Tail - 182 atk Muscle Band Gyarados 1 (100% OHKO), 176 atk Carracosta 1 (75% OHKO), 160 atk Feraligatr 2 (25% OHKO), 157 atk Floatzel 1 (6,25% OHKO)
- won´t OHKO: 150 atk Quagsire 3, 148 atk Blastoise 3, 145 Gyarados 4, 130 atk Whiscash 2, 103 atk Blastoise 1
< 155 atk STAB Leaf Blade - 178 atk Leafeon 34 (75% OHKO), 162 atk Leafeon 2 (25% OHKO)
- won´t OHKO: 142 atk Virizion 13, 137 atk Sceptile 2, 130 atk Leafeon 1, 110 atk Virizion 4
< 174 atk STAB Waterfall - 157 atk LO Floatzel 4 (87,5% OHKO), 194 atk Gyarados 2 (56,25% OHKO) , 178 atk Swampert 3 (6,25% OHKO), 177 atk Gyarados 3 (6,25% OHKO), 176 atk Carracosta 34 (6,25% OHKO)
- won´t OHKO: 172 atk Feraligatr 4, Kingdra 12, 155 atk Feraligatr 3, 148 atk Blastoise 4, Gastrodon 24, Politoed 13, Poliwrath 1234, Quagsire 4, Samurott 3, Swampert 24, Tenta 2, Wailord 24
< 189 atk STAB Focus Punch - none
< 218 atk STAB Hi Jump Kick - Medicham 34 100% OHKO (EB/LO)
< 236 atk STAB Close Combat - LO Sawk 4 (43,75% OHKO), Guts Hariyama 3, Guts Machamp 4
< 236 atk STAB Superpower - none
< 283 atk STAB 100% Earthquake - none
< 283 atk STAB Dynamicpunch - none
< 283 atk STAB Cross Chop - none
< 315 atk STAB Sacred Sword - none
< 333 atk STAB Icicle Crash - none
< 348 atk STAB Aqua Jet - none
< 354 atk STAB Dig - none
< 378 atk STAB 75% Earthquake - none
< 378 atk STAB Ice Punch - none
< 378 atk STAB Brick Break - none[/size]

Well, the team is fun to use and Staraptor is a monster, but I had a very difficult time handling Water types, Parasol Ladies are a nightmare. The highest streak I lost to double-water lead that was surfing me into oblivion. Afterwards I theorymoned that it would be nice to say FU water with a Storm Drain Gastrodon switch in, but I would have to breed it in HGSS for Earth Power and so far was lazy to do so.

Compared to Solid Rock Rhyperior, Eviolite Rhydon takes physical SE hits slightly worse (very few % difference) while it takes everything else much much better. The difference becomes heavy, because the point of Rhydon as a lead in doubles is Lightningrod. Another option is to use a Focus Sash, but then there´s no reason to use Rhydon over Rhyperior, which does 5,5% more damage.

Anyway, Staraptor with Brave Bird/DE is comparable to Darmanitan in the "hitting like a truck" group, yes Darm gets 20% more power behind Flare Blitz, but it´s slower with a scarf and its second boosted attack in Rock Slide isn´t comparable to DE. Staraptor was so good it sometimes got as many as 3 KOs per battle. Last week I bred a Jolly Raptor and the next time I use it, I´ll go with Final Gambit (241 speed > scarf terrakion, rest in HP = 167).

Rhydon was great with QuakeSlide support, I know about Megahorn´s accuracy but it never let me down, because what you need to hit with it, you get always at least 2 shot at because of your bulk (like Bronzong or other bulky psychics). As I said, you really need something to take the water attacks to take this team further than I did. Other than that, it was a really refreshing experience for me.

Yeah one more note about Lightningrod, the AI is not as stupid with it as it is with Dry Skin Toxicroak. After the first electric attack is drawn to Rhydon, the AI won´t use an electric attack again, while it still repeatedly Hydro Pumps Toxicroak. I wonder what would happen if I had used Seaking.

I´m aware of the fact that 79 is not an earth-shattering streak, but I don´t care as I´ve used cool Pokémon and the team wasn´t at its full potential.

Later, maybe tomorrow, I´ll post about another quite unique doubles team (kind of NU poké lead) that I got to 166 with on the first try and that I keep losing with only due to my own awful mistakes, also about my experience with pus..I mean Cloyster in singles

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah one more note about Lightningrod, the AI is not as stupid with it as it is with Dry Skin Toxicroak. After the first electric attack is drawn to Rhydon, the AI won´t use an electric attack again, while it still repeatedly Hydro Pumps Toxicroak. I wonder what would happen if I had used Seaking.
I've gotten a different result from this. A few days ago I got bored with my teams so I decided to hack myself a Lightningrod Zapdos for experimental purposes, and the AI still fires off Electric attacks even if it is on the field - to both Zapdos and its partner (I've gotten +6 Zapdos multiple times simply by absorbing the enemy's Thunder Waves/Bolts/etc).

Maybe it has something to do with immunities.

great team idea peterko, few months back i ran a sandstorm team and tried a trick room one with rhydon. cant remember how much succes got tho but with evo don is a great tank. anyway reason i posting is to say you should try a storm drain gastrodon due to i used it on both teams where don was involved and it worked great and abusing the stat ups decently, so would recommend giving it a try if u continue with this team lol.

now onto me. off late i just havent had the time but still being messing about here and there, (got a 4hour flight soon so been coming up with ideas and getting pokes ready so when on holiday can have options on teams etc) but recently i've been kinda obsessed with getting a butterfree to work lol.

the hole idea is to abuse the free turns it can gain you mainly from sleep, i've currently only really played well with it using a fake out and swords dance infernape, idea was to fake out + sleep powder turn one, sleep powder awake poke while dancing with ape, followed by either attract or rage power from free and attack with ape, it worked out but not anything outstanding.

then i decided that if i'm going to be setting up i need to be able to hit both pokes hard so testing a garchomp out atm same idea but sub instead fakeout. again working ok but not amazing, still some thinking to be done here, also the back up is a hugh problem havent found any which work as yet :( my highest with butterfree atm is in the high 40s so not great but got feeling i can get it there with help if anyone has ideas?

its a real shame unerve houndoom cant learn heatwave, would ignor all sleep stopping berrys so butterfree be almost unstopable and plus hitting both targets with +2 heatwave from houndoom sounds fun lol. shame no other unerve pokes are workable unless i missed one lol.

anywhoooo good luck everyone :)

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OmaTop!

OK I was in a writing mood, so here´s another team :D

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Double Battle streaks: 166, 55, 101, 130, 28, 48, 10, 75, 134

1. Omastar (M)
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Nature: Modest
IVs Oma1: 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
IVs Oma2: 31 / 3 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 30
EV spread Oma1: 6 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 252
EV spread Oma2: 10 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 248
Lv.50: 146 / x / 145 / 183 / 90 / 107
Lv.50: 146 / 59 / 145 / 183 / 90 / 106
Moves:
~ Muddy Water
~ Ice Beam
~ Shell Smash
~ Wring Out (Oma1) / Hidden Power Rock 70 (Oma2)

Do you know which Rock type Pokémon has the highest special attack in the game? And which non-uber Water type Pokémon? The answer to both questions is OmaSTAR. No wonder that it´s extinct, too much to handle nowadays. That´s not all as Game Freak decided to give this ammonite Pokémon a way to double its spA and double its speed in one turn, no wait raise its speed by 3 stages (x2,5) in one turn. Say what? Yes, after one Shell Smash and if hit by a physical attack that turn, Omastar has 366 spA and 265 (267) Speed at level 50. Insane. Now, its Muddy Water is 60% stronger than a Timid Specs Starmie Surf in Rain and its Ice Beam is 22% stronger than a STAB Ice Beam from a Modest Glaceon. HP Rock OHKOs even the likes of Sheer Cold Walrein. Wait, isn´t this a bit broken? Well, Muddy Water is only 85% accurate so it has a 2,25% chance to miss both targets. Yes, that happens and also missing the target you wanted to hit but not the other one is what limits Omastar, also oponent´s priority back up or the odd paralyze status. Incredible but quite difficult to use.

2. Hitmontop (M)
Item: Life Orb
EV spread: 246 / 252 / 4 / 0 / 4 / 4
Lv.50: 156 / 161 / 116 / x / 131 / 91
Moves:
~ Fake Out
~ Mach Punch
~ Detect (v1) / Aerial Ace (v2)
~ Sucker Punch

Everyone who played the VGC 2010 knows that this was among the most, if not the most used Pokémon in the metagame. No wonder, it´s amazing. I needed a partner for Omastar to help it set up (easiest way, Fake Out) and the Pokémon would have to be usable without holding a Focus Sash. Bam! Technitop. First two streaks I used Detect but then switched to Aerial Ace alongside the HP Rock change on Oma to help against stuff like Poliwrath and generally I felt like I needed a reliable (as in: not failing) attack for disruptive Ghosts. TechniAA is 90 base power and with Life Orb it hits surprisingly hard. STAB Techni Mach Punch is superb. Sucker Punch OHKOs Jynx, Alakazam, Gengar, Mismagius, Espeon, Gardevoir, has a 81,25% chance to OHKO Froslass and a 31,25% chance to OHKO Starmie. With the help of Fake Out, it reliably shuts down both Latios and Latias sets 2-4. If you haven´t tried this yet, bad for you. The only remotely "bad" thing about Top is the fact that almost all oponent´s Fake Outers will flinch you. This is often a problem, as you´re not controlling turn 1 the way you would like to and may lead to losing. Shiftry 4 is an awfully unpredictable bitch with FO, Protect, Sucker Punch and Low Kick.

3. Latios (M) „DRAGON“
Item: Choice Specs*
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
EV spread: 6 / 0 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 252
Lv.50: 156 / 99 / 100 / 273* / 130 / 178
Moves:
~ Psyshock
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Thunderbolt
~ Grass Knot

Everyone knows this Pokémon and what it does. The difference between this leading and cleaning up is the fact that it´s more susceptible to Sucker Punch. This is why I send it out as #3 if one of the leads faints so it can get out if they bring a Sucker Puncher and also to get rid of Fires for

4. Scizor (F) „ZARA“
Item: Muscle Band
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 31
EV spread: 86 / 252 / 4 / 0 / 4 / 164
Lv.50: 156 / 200 / 121 / 54 / 101 / 106
Moves:
~ Bug Bite
~ Bullet Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Superpower

One of the best Pokémon out there. It can turn a hopeless situation into a win. I got out of 1-3 with this at least twice. Muscle Band may look like an odd choice, but I often use Bug Bite to 2HKO (or OHKO after SD) important stuff and sometimes I need the hardest-hitting Superpower to clean up. LO is already taken by Top plus Scizor survives a lot more without it, Expert Belt isn´t suitable as I mainly need strong neutral STAB and a Type boosting item would only work for 1 move. Bug Bite is as important as Bullet Punch. I often Swords Dance boldly to have a better position against the rest of the oponent´s team. I would consider a Lum Berry, because Ghosts abuse Will-o-wisp and the odd Flame Body activation limits me.

Team strategy should be obvious: Fake Out the correct target to allow Omastar to Shell Smash and then destroy everything. Technitop ensures KO range with priority. Note that Oma1 was the first Omastar I used. Earth Power is illegal with Weak Armor (at this point I´m not sure if I´d use it, anyway), so I went with Wring Out for water/normal coverage. Wring Out is great and OHKOs Starmie, but it often collided with Top´s priority hits. After the first two streaks I decided to breed another Omanyte, this time with HP Rock, which was a good decision, despite the streak lengts not showing this. HP Rock is amazing against Ice types, OHKOing pretty much all of them except Mamo (hi Muddy Water/Mach Punch/Bullet Punch/Grass Knot). Zapdos once survived a 366 spA Ice Beam, which surprised me, it can go to hell now. It´s amazing how this team handles legendary teams that all my other teams had problems with. I also considered HP Electric, but I´ll stick with Rock. Feel free to use Electric, you can tell me how that worked out.

Also note that I don´t think I have lost a battle with this team in a „there was nothing I could´ve done to prevent a loss“ kind of way, only to my own bad decision-making. That says a lot about this team´s potential, but it´s difficult to use as you have to be focused on each battle (trainer type and turn1, my mind tends to go to a holiday between battles and sometimes I miss the trainer type). If you mess up turn 1 and then lose Oma without it doing any damage, you´re in trouble. Here´s the logs:

#167 vs Doctor Dwight:
OmaTop vs Alakazam & Throh

1. Top Fake Out Throh, Kazam Trick LO-Specs, Oma Muddy Water, Throh Avoided, acc drop on Kazam, Throh Storm Throw Oma, Burn Orb activated.
2. Top Mach Punch Throh, Kazam Psychic, Top fainted, Oma Muddy Water, Kazam fainted, acc drop on Throh, Throh Storm Throw, Oma fainted, burn damage, Throh fainted.
- me Lati+Sciz, oponent Spiritomb & Venusaur
3. Latios Dragon Pulse Tomb, Scizor SD, Venu Leech Seed Lati, Tomb WoW burns Scizor.
4. Venusaur Protect, Tomb Sucker Punch Lati 15HP left, Latios Dragon Pulse, Tomb fainted, Scizor Bug Bite into protecting Venu, Leech Seed drains, Latios fainted.
5. Scizor Bug Bite 60% dmg, Venu Leech Seed, seed+burn, 80/156 HP left, Venu Black Sludge.
6. Venu Protected from Bug Bite, seed+burn, 42/156 HP left, Venu Black Sludge.
7. Venu Protected, it failed, Bug Bite, 30% HP left, seed+burn, 4/156 left, Venu Black Sludge.
8. Venu Protected from Bug Bite, seed, Scizor fainted.
0-1

There´s so many bad decisions in this one that it´s painful to list them. Note that I forgot Throh had Inner Focus, also Kazam4 is an unpredictable bitch because of 50/50 Inner Focus and because it either Trick-Specs on Shell Smashing Oma, OHKOs Top with Psychic or Focus Blasts Oma...so I´m like „what to do turn1?“ as all of those happened to me before/after this battle, now in this battle it switched items with Top lol...recently, I´ve begun to just Fake Out+Muddy Water Kazam turn1, depending on its partner.

#56 vs Baker: Shiftry, Tangrowth, Volcarona, ?
1. Shiftry Fake Out, Top flinched, Oma Shell Smash, Tang Giga Drain, Oma Focus Sash.
2. Top Mach Punch, Shiftry at red HP, Oma Ice Beam, Tang fainted, Shiftry Low Kick, Oma fainted.
- me Latios, foe Volcarona
3. Switch out Latios, in Scizor, Shiftry Protect, Volca Power Herb Solarbeam at Top.
4. Scizor Bullet Punch Shiftry but Shiftry Protected again, Top Sucker Punch Volca, Flame Body, Volca Heat Wave, Scizor & Top fainted.
- Latios in
5. Shiftry Sucker Punch, CH, Latios fainted.

#102 vs ???:
Oma-Top vs backrow Blasty-Tomb 4-2 situation, Oma at 1 HP
- Top Sucker Punch, Tomb Shadow Sneak Oma KO, Blasty Hydro Pump Top, my Scizor in
- Top Mach Punch Blasty, Tomb Shadow Sneak, Top KO, Scizor Bug Bite Blasty into Torrent range, Hydro Pump, OHKO Scizor
- Latios KOed Blasty but WoW+sucker Tomb beat it

#131 vs PKMN Ranger: Scrafty, Kangaskhan, Blastoise, Dewgong
1. Kanga Fake Out Top, Oma Shell Smash, Scrafty HJK, Oma Sash.
2. Kanga Sucker Punch, Oma fainted, Top Mach Punch, CH, Scrafty fainted.
- me Scizor, oponent Blastoise
3. Scizor Bullet Punch Kanga, Top Mach Punch Kanga, Chople, Kanga lives with 10%, Kanga Double-Edge, Top fainted, recoil, Kanga fainted, Blastoise Aqua Tail Scizor to 84/156 HP.
- me Latios, oponent Dewgong
4. Gong QC Fake Out Scizor, Latios Thunderbolt Blastoise into red, Blastoise Torrent Aqua Tail, Scizor fainted.
5. Latios Thunderbolt, Blastoise fainted, Gong Ice Beam.
6. Latios Thunderbol, Gong Ice Beam, Latios fainted.
0-1

Here the obvious mistakes were:
- not paying attention to the trainer type despite telling myself that I had to during a longer streak -> not knowing whether it was set 3 or 4, I thought I glimpsed a Breeder but it was a Ranger
- clearly knowig what´s coming turn 2 but staying in with Oma = dumb
- seriously underestimating Kanga -> not checking its set -> not knowing about Chople -> not calcing dmg -> Kanga surviving double priority and KOing Top the same turn
- checked Blasty set but not Dewgong and being scared of Avalanche -> trying to double target Blasty instead of Dewgong -> instead Torrent range Blasty KOing Scizor (might have survived without I think), next turn would´ve finished Gong and beat Blasty afterwards

#29 vs Scientist Spacey: Muk, Pinsir, Magmortar, Zoroark
1. Top Fake Out Pinsir, Oma Shell Smash, Muk Brick Break Oma
2. Muk Shadow Sneak, Oma fainted, Pinsir Close Combat Top, Top Aerial Ace, Pinsir fainted.
- me Scizor, oponent Magmortar
3. Scizor went back, sent out Latios, Top Mach Punch Mortar, Mortar Psychic, Top fainted, Muk Gunt Shot Latios 11/156 left.
- me Scizor
4. Scizor Bullet Punch Mortar, Muk Shadow Sneak, Latios fainted, Mortar Psychic Scizor.
5. Scizor Bullet Punch, Mortar fainted, Muk Brick Break Scizor.
- oponent Zoroark
6. Scizor Bullet Punch Zoro to 20% HP, Zoro Focus Blast, Scizor fainted.
0-2

My biggest mistake was to Shell Smash and not HP Rock Pinsir away from the field turn1. Both CC and BB were obvious AI choices, even if I didn´t check Muk´s moveset (maybe I thought it would Gunk Top). Oma doing nothing but fainting is bad decision making. The second big mistake that cost me the game was bringing Scizor and not Latios. Basically, with this team, it´s wiser to go with Latios as #3 in case there´s a Sucker Puncher to be able to switch out and also to get rid of Fires for Scizor to clean up the mess. Now with Latios, I would´ve probably went for the OHKO on Muk while hitting Mortar hard with Mach Punch, next turn Latios finishes off Mortar for Scizor to 2hit Zoro. As I said, this was nowhere near a hopeless situation only miserable play.

#49 vs Subway Boss Emmet: Eelektross, Excadrill, Chandelure, Haxorus
1. Top Fake Out Exca, Oma Shell Smash, Eel Discharge, Oma paralyzed.
2. Top Mach Punch Exca, Exca Earthquake, OmaTop fainted, LO dmg, Exca fainted.
- me LatiZor, oponent Chandelure
3. Scizor Bullet Punch Chande, Flame Body burn, Latios Dragon Pulse, Chande fainted, Eel Thunder Wave Latios.
- oponent Haxorus
4. Haxorus Dragon Claw, Latios fainted, Scizor did something, Eel did something.
5. Haxorus used Earthquake, Scizor KOed Haxo, Eel Thunderbolt, Scizor fainted.
0-1

Lol this battle sums up my recent low level of play. Fake Out Eel is obvious and I did it in the previous battles...I have no clue why not now. No freaking idea.

I´ll give this team more screen time, it´s just that I probably need a break to get my „skill“ back lol.

EDIT:

#11: Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Gyarados, Volcarona
1. FO rhy, shadow sneak, shell smash
2. sucker punch failed, muddy water, rhy KO, trick room
-> gyarados
3. shadow sneak, waterfall Oma KO, sucker failed
-> latios
4. dusk fling OHKO latios, Top aerial ace KO Noir, Gyara giga impact
-> Scizor / Volcarona
5. Top aerial ace, flame body burn, Scizor bug bite KO volc, Gyara recharge, burn KO Top
6. Scizor bug bite 40%, Gyara waterfall 60%, TR ended
7. Scizor Bullet punch, Gyara waterfall KO
0-1

Ahahahaha, losing at #11 is soo „raising my level of play“...

#76 vs Ace Trainer Farley: Porygon2 & Mienshao
1. Pory2 dowload spA raise, Top FO Pory2, Mien HJK, Focu Sash, Oma Shell Smash.
2. Switched in Scizor to absorb the predicted Feint, Mien HJK, CH OHKO Scizor, Top AA 95% to Mien, Pory2 Tri Attack CH, Top fainted.
- me Latios+Oma in
3. Latios Dragon Pulse, Mien fainted, Oma Muddy Water, Pory2 accuracy fell, Pory2 Shadow Ball, Oma fainted.
- oponent Arcanine, intimidate
4. Latios DPulse, Pory2 fainted, Arca Crunch, Latios at 52/156 HP.
- oponent Metagross
5. Latios DPulse, Arca Sitrus Berry, Arca Crunch, Latios fainted.
0-2

Apparently Mien4 is a kicker and doesn´t like FO nor Feint. I was really shocked at the double CH because I´m used to CH myself as I´m the one whose attacking, most of the time. Won´t even start on the insane Shell Smash in front of a priority Fighter, go me.

Next streak...

#78 vs Socialite: Zapdos, Cobalion, Thundurus, Suicune
1. Top Fake Out, Zap avoided (#1), Zap DT, Coba ???, Oma Shell Smash.
2. Top Mach Punch >50% dmg to Coba, Oma HP Rock, Zap avoided (#2), Coba Iron Head Top, Zap DT.
3. Top Mach Punch, Coba fainted, Oma HP Rock, Zap avoided (#3), Zap DT.
- oponent Thundurus
4. Top Sucker Punch 48% dmg to Thund, Oma HP Rock, Zap avoided (#4), Thund Thunderbolt, Oma Sash, Zap DT.
5. Top Sucker Punch 48% dmg to Thund, Oma HP Rock, Zap avoided (#5), Thund Thunderbolt, Oma fainted, Zap Charge Beam (no boost), Top lives with <10 HP.
- me Latios
6. Top Mach Punch, Thund fainted, LO dmg, Top fainted, Latios Dragon Pulse, Zap avoided (#6), Zap Charge Beam (no boost).
- me Scizor, oponent Suicune
7. Latios DPulse Cune >50% dmg, Cune Icy Wind, Zap Heat Wave, Sizor fainted.
8. Cune Blizzard, gg....no Latios avoided, Latios DPulse, Cune fainted, Zap Heat Wave (or DT).
9. Latios DPulse 60% dmg, Zap Heat Wave.
10. Latios DPulse, Zap avoided (#7), Zap DT.
11. Latios DPulse, Zap avoided (#8), Zap Heat Wave CH, Latios <10 HP.
12. Latios DPulse, Zap fainted.
1-0

I hate that Subway Zapdos with a passion. With 197 HP / 115 def / 142 sD and BrightPowder+DT+Roost it´s almost impossible to take down once you start missing it, which you will. Pressure doesn´t help your cause either. It´s been a long time since I´ve been this annoyed (angry) during a battle, no wonder. Shell Smash HP Rock is a clear OHKO, which is amazing...if you hit. Honestly, I didn´t expect Latios to be the hero an actually pull off an impossible win. He did. The streak went on, until...

#135 vs Roughneck Ganymed: Gliscor, Mamoswine, Wailord, Cryogonal
1. Top Fake Out Mamo, Mamo avoided, Gliscor Acrobatics Top to 94/156 HP, Oma Shell Smash, Mamo Quake, Oma Sash, Top 9/156 HP.
2. Top Sucker Punch Glisc, LO dmg, Top fainted, Oma Muddy Water, Glisc avoided, Mamo avoided, Mamo Quake, Oma fainted.
- me Latios + Scizor
3. Latios DPulse, Glisc fainted, Scizor SD, Mamo Quake Scizor to 78/156 HP.
- oponent Wailord
4. Scizor Bullet Punch, Mamo fainted, Latios DPulse 85% to Wailord, Wailord Hydro Pump, Scizor fainted.
- oponent Cryogonal
5. Latios DPulse, Wailord fainted, Cryo Blizzard, Latios fainted.
0-1

Well, well, an ugly Fake Out miss due to Lax Incense followed by a double-miss with Muddy Water, f..k. Telling myself and everyone else that a double-miss hasn´t gotten me beaten yet was yesterday (actually, before Thursday). I do wonder though why I didn´t just attack with both turn1. FO+Ice Beam Gliscor or FO+Muddy Water or even Mach Punch+Muddy Water. A double miss in the latter scenario wouldn´t have been as bad.

Next, I SD Scizor instead of attacking...Superpower OHKOs Mamoswine. Even at –1, Bullet Punch does like 140% min dmg to Cryogonal. Even BP+DP on Mamoswine and letting Gliscor do whatever it wants (supposedly U-Turn Latios) would´ve been better. Oh well, maybe I would´ve missed Mamo, because Lax Incense is the most evil item.

Now Latios Dragon Pulse does 213-252 dmg / 277 HP (77-91%) to Wailord while Grass Knot is an OHKO. 6/12 Roughneck Pokémon are weak to Grass Knot (Mamo / Rhy / Whis / Phan / Wail / Walr), another 2 are hit hard by it (Basti/Glis), Rapi/Pins/Vanil/Cryo are bad for Grass Knot. But, it OHKOs Mamoswine, so I could´ve used GK+SD turn 3....

Of course, Pokémon and everything else in life is not about „what if“...I lost the battle... so the fact still stands, that I achieved the highest streak with this team on the first try, which is weird.

I figured it was ok to post this here since previous gen. streaks were mentioned in the OP. So, I've been contemplating posting this team here for quite some time. I've been a member here for a short time, but I'm mainly a lurker. This team is a revamp of another Shuckle team I made, but this one worked out far better than I could have hoped. My original team was posted on Serebii, here.

Soul Silver Battle Tower Singles: 519

Streak ended February 10th 2011

Palmer1: 15-61213-15828
Palmer2: 40-65423-88565
Battle 117: 14-81672-74000
Battle 303: 48-51073-66323
Battle 520: 62-87645-93075

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 HP/172 Def/84 Spe
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Lv. 50 Stats: 186/99/122/150/130/155
Levitate»
~ Trick
~ Flash
~ Memento
~ Thunder Wave

After using Latias for a good I while, I realized how much I missed Memento. Since my Latias had >great defensive IV's I noticed that I was only taking about 2% more damage on Latios in the long run. Spe EV's let him outspeed Garchomp with no Scarf.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's:252 Atk/252 HP/6 SpD
IV's: 31/31/31/29/30/1
Lv. 50 Stats: 127/68/250/26/250/10
Sturdy»
~ Rest
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Acupressure

This team was built around this little guy. He's by far my favorite pokemon and he served me well. I went with Rock Slide>Stone Edge to avoid PP issues, EQ gives me great neutral coverage and Rest to heal once set up. Acupressure makes him pretty hard to take out without successive crits, so the 2 turns he spends sleeping weren't really a big deal.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
EV's: 252 SpA/204 Spe/36 HP/18 Def
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Lv.50 Stats: 164/95/110/179/121/106
Torrent»
~ Surf
~ Agility
~ Ice Beam
~ Substitute

This set was created by a friend of mine on Serebii. The Spe EV's let him outpace Electrode after an Agility, SpA is maxed for obvious reasons, the HP EV's allow the berry to activate after 3 Subs and the rest are dumped into Def. STAB Torrent/Petaya Surfs hurt anything without Water Absorb badly and Ice Beam is mainly for grass types.

Realizing this was on Silver, not Plat. I can post my loss.

How I lost:

Reporter Elaine: Raichu3, Slowbro2, Manectric4

Latios Tricks, Raichu Signal Beams, I TWave after he SB's again and then I Memento. Empoleon comes out and Subs. Raichu is fully paralyzed and Empy uses Agility. I use Surf and take a SB, raichu is paralyzed again and Surf KO's. Manectric comes out and I Surf, he survives with little very little HP. He breaks my Sub with Tbolt (crit) and I sub again. He Tbolts again and breaks my Sub. I sub again and activate Petaya, and he breaks my sub with Tbolt. I surf for the KO. Slowbro come out and I'm naked with 41 HP left.I surf for a bit more than 50% and he EQ's for the KO. Shuckle comes out and gets Aqua Tailed leaving him with 48 HP, I EQ for little damage and he KO's with Aqua Tail. Water PKMN in the right place killed the streak. ¬¬

Edit: Meh, since I posted that one, may as well post this as well. Original team posted on Serebii here.

Sorry for the enormity of my image /:

Battle Subway Super Singles: 137

Streak ended July 18th 2011

The battle video # is 91-83735-62531.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
*Drizzle*
~ Scald
~ Psychic
~ Ice Beam
~ Focus Blast

He gets the rain started and gets pretty decent coverage. Psychic is mainly for Toxicroak. I went with Scald only because of the chance to burn.

Ludicolo @ Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
252 HP/148 Spe/110 Atk
*Swift Swim*
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Swords Dance

I chose to max HP for some bulk, the Spe EV's beat all Accelgor in the rain and the rest were dumped into Atk.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
*Sturdy*
~ Thunder
~ Substitute
~ Charge Beam
~ Flash Cannon

I've always been a fan of SubCharge Magnezone, so I figured what the hell. I got lazy when breeding so I just ended up using Flash Cannon. After losing I ended up breeding one with HP [Ice], so I will be starting another run sometime in the near future.

How I lost:

Worker Quinn- Gigalith 3/Claydol 2/Excadrill 3

Gigalith lead, Politoed hit him with Scald and he survived via Sturdy. Stone Edge hits, Custap activates and Stone Edge KO's Poli. Ludicolo comes in and SD's, Gigalith explodes, Ludi is KO'd. Magnezone Faces Claydol. Sub first and Claydol Sandstorms. I Flash Cannon, crit, Sitrus activates, and he uses Cosmic Power. FC hits, he CP's again. FC hits and he explodes. Zone vs Excadrill. I Sub, he EQ's and breaks it, I Flash Cannon and he KO's. No chance with Zone, stupid switch with Ludi, so lost due to sub-par playing. >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)