Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No, 828 is not pretty high, it´s the kind of "crushing everyone else´s dream to get to #1"...

I was like, well, what´s the number? Where´s the number? Then I read the whole text and there it was...my initial reaction was "awwwww f-word!".

Heh, but congrats man, that´s an awesome record.

The second part. I already knew TRE had a brother and that he played in the VGC (also last year IIRC), so that means you two Pokémon playing siblings have quite a comparative advantage over the rest of us, as you can play two streaks simultaneously and then post the higher record. I have no problem with that, I actually bet everyone would like to have such a close person to play Pokémon with them...

But now that you officially have an account here, a problem with distinguishing between your records arose. I think everyone will agree that we should start listing your records as two separate persons, "TRE" and "TRE´s brother" (haha sorry I meant "R Inanimate"), it would only be fair.

So what I need from you two is to post which of those records on the list were achieved by whom. Now that I will probably add the last gen records into the first post soon, it would be nice to know which ones of those were achieved by whom as well. But the past records is your call, I leave that decision to you two, I mean the decision to name the past records. Obviously I´d like you to post all your future records separately, from this point on.

Thanks in advance.

@ShinyPoké25: OK fixed.

EDIT: Everyone is allowed to post teams and team ideas (legal), it´s stated in the first post that those records don´t have to make the list. But my advice is, unless you´re a theorymon-master, the best way to test whether it´s working or not is to just play the Subway. The Subway is substantially harder right from the start than the Frontier Tower was and the AI will show you very quickly how it will end your streaks and what you have to change.

Battle Subway - Super Single Record: 129

Team: Whimsicott, Rotom-W, Drapion (btw, please delete my old 77 streak)

Also, a picture of a Battle Video screen showing I used this team, very shortly before the battle in which I lost:
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/Dimentio_II/Subway-129-Streak-2.jpg

(that was the battle against the idiot Excadrill which I nearly lost to because of its stupid move decisions)

Yeah, this is the 'quirky' team I mentioned... not a very impressive streak, but it was fun to try something a little bit different.

1. Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Nickname: Whimsic*nt (uncensored)
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def
IVs: 31 / x / 31 / x / 31 / 31
Lv 50 Stats: 167 / x / 106 / x / 139 / 136
- Taunt
- Charm
- Worry Seed
- Memento

~ Basically a standard crippling set as used by Jumpman and others. Worry Seed is fun to use against things like Pure Power Medicham, Sand Force Excadrill, Prankster Tornadus/Thundurus, etc.
~ Some battles go like this: Foe uses Blizzard / Hydro Pump / another 5 PP move, I use Memento or Taunt depending on the expected set... send in Rotom-W and Spite so it can't use said move, then set up Drapion easily on weaker moves. Usually no Trick because I need as many turns as possible.

2. Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Nickname: Spaz
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Def
IVs: 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Lv 50 Stats: 157 / x / 127 / 125 / 128 / 151
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Flash
- Spite

~ Nickname explanation: Well, Rotom is 'Motor' backwards... so 'Spaz' makes sense not just because of its hyperactive animation.
~ This is the unconventional team member, especially since it carries Spite.
~ Rotom-W isn't as bulky as the standard Psychic-type Trick users, but its resistances and weaknesses fit in nicely with Whimsicott and Drapion.
~ It conveniently has a maximum speed of 151, which is just enough to outspeed Guillotine Pinsir with a Choice Scarf.
~ I actually very rarely used Trick in this streak. It was mainly Flash, followed by Spite and Thunder Wave, then Trick least often.

3. Drapion @ Black Sludge
Nickname: Hax Return
Ability: Battle Armor
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 196 Sp. Def, 56 Def, 4 Speed
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
Lv 50 Stats: 177 / 110 / 137 / x / 132 / 116
- Crunch
- Acupressure
- Substitute
- Rest

~ Same old Drapion set inspired by Jumpman. Anything that needs to be said about it has already been said... it's certainly a huge advantage being able to Acupressure behind a Sub.
~ Proof that the game hates me: When I was in a rush to leave the house one time, I was just trying to finish off a battle with my completely set-up Drapion... but of all things to be sent out last, it's:
Code:
[I]869 | Umbreon | Careful | Chesto Berry | Curse | Trump Card | Payback | Rest | HP/Def[/I]
Also, another time I had to finish a battle quickly so I could leave to catch a bus, but this was the last Pokemon:
Code:
[I]447 | Ferrothorn | Careful | Chesto Berry | Rest | Payback | Gyro Ball | Curse | HP/SpD[/I]

Unfortunately, some of this team's tricks (such as wasting Earthquake PP with Spite) depend on the AI using common sense... which it often doesn't. Example: Excadrill using Poison Jab rather than Earthquake against Drapion.

How I lost: I played badly against a lead SD Garchomp... which is annoying as I had no trouble setting up on that same one earlier in the streak. Maybe I should keep a log of my battles like Peterko does... basically I worried about the idea of Garchomp Struggling itself to death before Drapion had enough boosts to be safe against whatever came in next. Somehow I failed to reason properly and didn't even take into account that it would obviously boost its Attack back up with SD if I didn't Trick it directly after Whimsicott's Taunt. One minor lapse in concentration or logic can end a streak easily in the Subway.

I hate the feeling of demotivation after losing a fairly big streak. I'm not sure what I'll try now, and I honestly hate using Drapion purely because of how boring it is (especially stalling out Curse Umbreons and Ferrothorns). I can't test out Multiscale Dragonite due to a lack of DW access, and would rather come up with something more original if possible. Congrats to Jumpman for his impressive No.1 streak, and to R Inanimate for his absurd Doubles record.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
But now that you officially have an account here, a problem with distinguishing between your records arose. I think everyone will agree that we should start listing your records as two separate persons, "TRE" and "TRE´s brother" (haha sorry I meant "R Inanimate"), it would only be fair.

So what I need from you two is to post which of those records on the list were achieved by whom. Now that I will probably add the last gen records into the first post soon, it would be nice to know which ones of those were achieved by whom as well. But the past records is your call, I leave that decision to you two, I mean the decision to name the past records. Obviously I´d like you to post all your future records separately, from this point on.

Thanks in advance.
That's actually a pretty simple issue. All of the records are R Inanimate's. I haven't played a single battle in any of his reported streaks. If I do end up with a streak of my own better than his (which is kinda tough, you know >_>), I'll definitely distinguish it from his. As for names on past records, you can change all of them to being by R Inanimate.

That's actually a pretty simple issue. All of the records are R Inanimate's. I haven't played a single battle in any of his reported streaks. If I do end up with a streak of my own better than his (which is kinda tough, you know >_>), I'll definitely distinguish it from his. As for names on past records, you can change all of them to being by R Inanimate.
I feel like I've been living a lie for years...

Is it me or once you get to the 700's does it get kind of slow?

My Garchomp,Terrakion, and Miscelanious other (Hydreigon, Scizor, Volcarono, and Starmie interchangebly) always just swept through team after team. And these are just non-rng'd, non-ev trained, pokemon. The only thing that can be said is I used standard movesets and proper natures.

The reason I lost at battlle 746?

Answer: Abomasnow.
(This is their final poke)
Ice Shard crits Garchomp
Terrakion Miss's with Rock Slide and I get hit by Wood Hammer (I think)
Ice Shard Crits next turn KO'ing Terrakion.
Abomasnow uses Ice Shard and takes out 1/4 of Volcaronas HP
HeatWave misses.... (This sucked)
Ice Shard crits and I am at about 1/3.
HeatWave.....misses (How????)
Ice Shard KO's

Result: How the crap does Heat Wave miss 2 times in a row.

Edit: I can get proof if wanted but expect it to take a while. No interest in White currently just playing my old Blue version.

why didnt you use close combat against the abomasnow?

I had accidently got rid of it earlier for a move: I think the whole set was Rock Slide, Earthquake, Quick Attack, and X-Scissors. At somepoint I was trying to teach it X-Scissors because of all the Psychics I was fighting and I just guess I wasn't paying atention.

For Terakion.
Dunno, I know for sure Rock Slide would OHKO but I didnt think about using X-Scissors.

As for Volcarona.
I can obviously (Sarcasm) predict 2 heat wave misses in a row.
And its 4x supereffective so it seemed more logical.

if i were you, after seeing the first heat wave miss, i wouldve gone for bug buzz... since after a hax... there comes a TRAIN of haxxes ;)

@Dark Arceus: Sorry to say, I don't think anyone with decent knowledge of Subway will believe that you got a streak of 746 with your team without any proof. I personally don't know if I will even believe it with picture proof, because of the so many things wrong with the team and even the battle of how you lost (and then you even add in that they aren't EV-trained... not RNG'd for IVs, sure, but not EV-trained, impossible).

I don't think I'll spend the time to state out everything wrong with your streak and team, but just so you know, every reply you make, you reveal more about how little you know.

EDIT: You know, maybe I will say one thing: 0 Attack EVs Quiet Abomasnow Ice Shard on 0 HP IV, 0 Def IV, Timid/Modest Volcarona with no HP/Def EVs -> max 15%. Tell me how it can 3HKO Volcarona with only 1 crit. Even after hail damage with the worst possible situation, Volcarona should have (100 - 15 - 8.25 - 30 - 8.25 - 15 - 8.25 = ) 15% health left... unless of course Volcarona had previous damage from the other two pokemon that you didn't mention, but then you said that Volcarona had about 1/3 left. Unless the last Ice Shard was a crit (which you didn't say it was) and it was actually a little bit less than 1/3, that's not possible.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
For Terakion.
Dunno, I know for sure Rock Slide would OHKO but I didnt think about using X-Scissors.

As for Volcarona.
I can obviously (Sarcasm) predict 2 heat wave misses in a row.
And its 4x supereffective so it seemed more logical.
Bug Buzz can't miss and OHKOs Abomasnow (after it already took recoil damage so there's no threat of a Focus Sash). While you can't predict Heat Wave missing, you should recognize the possibility and go with the 100% safe Bug Buzz.

Bug Buzz can't miss and OHKOs Abomasnow (after it already took recoil damage so there's no threat of a Focus Sash). While you can't predict Heat Wave missing, you should recognize the possibility and go with the 100% safe Bug Buzz.

In hind site I definetly should have Bug Buzz'd.

But to Chinese Dood:

If you read my earlier post you know I can and will provide proof of my win streak in a uncertain amount of time. I am currently enjoying blue and thinking about going through all my games chronologically (Fail spell probably). Give me a while and when I load up white again I will take a pic, upload to my computer, and post here.

But untill then drop it. I don't want any arguements about the legitimacy.

Also for my next attempt I am curious on using a better version of my Scizor. Is he better as a Swords Dancer? I tried U-turning scizor every once in a while but it didn't seem to do much.

Oh, don't worry about it. I hope you aren't doing that any more quickly because of something I might have said, because I don't really matter that much, or shouldn't anyway. :P So just take your time.

From my experience, Scizor should either be Choice Banded or Swords Dance in Subway. Swords Dance gives much more assurance for sweeps usually. CB is really to finish things off with BP or scouting with U-Turn while doing massive damage. Swords Dance is usually better.

Hooray for cutting 70! By 0. But I hit 70!

Gyarados "IdrA" (Because it starts most of my matches with Taunt)
@ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant 252hp/252atk/4speed
23/13/22/x/30/23 (Wow, those are lazy IVs even by my low standards)
-Waterfall
-Return
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance

I open with this to get a good intimidate on whatever comes in, just on the offchance I need to switch on a physical hit. Intimidate is wonderful, as my Gyarados has lived thunderpunches from a dragonite as a result of its semi-bulky EV spread and intimidate. I also taunt all the common curse/stockpile/2 pure stalling meganiums/mono-attackers with nothing good that hits Gyarados. A pretty good number of battles start and end with Gyarados taunting some kind of pokemon that requires setting up, dragon dancing to +6/+6 with max hp lefties recovery and natural bulk, and sweeping. Gyarados is especially useful for taking out the enormous number of water pokemon that exist in the game because they rarely have anything to take out Gyarados.

Volcarona "JaeDong" (Really powerful, but often dies/gets haxed)
@ Life Orb
Flame Body
Modest 4hp/252spatk/252speed
24/x/5/27/29/31
-Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz
-Substitute
-Quiver Dance

Volcarona is able to set-up and sweep much fewer teams than Gyarados. However, it is crucial in taking out many threads to the rest of my team, such as pure ice pokemon, and pure-physical/mixed walls (metagross, scizor, skarmory, ferrothorn, registeel, Slowbro/king). Volcarona is often very useful as a revenge killer because its natural bulk allows it to take many neutral hits (even physical hits with Intimidate) and set up a single quiver dance. Just 1 quiver dance with life orb gives it the ability to OHKO a great number of pokemon. The Volcarona is also the backup to my final pokemon, a banded Garchomp, because frankly I like to Outrage everything. Of course, only steel types resist dragon moves, and steel types get stomped by Volcarona due to nearly every steel type not having a sub-type that resists fire, steel types tending to be much slower than Volcarona, and steel types tending to favor physical defense. Almost everything that can take a banded Outrage from Garchomp really well, gets MELTED by Volcarona. So most of the time if I am locked into outrage and the 2nd/3rd pokemon that comes in survives an Outrage and kills Garchomp, I can almost always go into Volcarona for the revenge without a problem.

Garchomp “Flash” (Beats everything easily)
@ Choice Band
Sand Veil
Jolly 4hp/252atk/252speed
21/31/2/x/8/31
-Outrage (aka skillrage)
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Crunch

Garchomp absorbs electric/rock attacks aimed at Gyarados/Volcarona, and quite frankly it is able to out-speed AND OHKO a completely unfair number of pokemon with Outrage. Almost every time I swap into Garchomp to take a rock/electric/revenge kill, I just Outrage unless I know I'm going to get stalled or they're on their last pokemon and EQ will be super effective. I often don't risk getting locked into an Earthquake when a flying type pokemon can potentially switch in, because I have no ice/electric/rock moves on my entire team, and Volcarona is weak to Flying. So, my best option when a flying pokemon comes in on a banded EQ is to fodder out another pokemon and to come back in and Outrage anyway. So, I avoid the possible trouble and just Outrage constantly. It works. Frankly, banded Garchomp in Subway just steamrolls anything without strong bulk, and Garchomp is naturally bulky enough that it can take some good hits. And if anything goes wrong, Volcarona is usually just right to revenge kill.

This team basically just functions on the Gyarados/Volcarona set-up sweeps, the Gyarados/Garchomp defensive synergy, and the Garchomp/Volcarona offensive synergy. This is literally the very first streak I did on a team after I bred a Volcarona to use, so hopefully there’s more to come.

Also, props to the people to gave me some advice earlier in this thread. Earlier I asked for some advice with my 57-streak lucario/gyarados/garchomp team, and some of the replies got me thinking, which eventually lead to the idea to swap out Lucario for Volcarona, and to use Gyarados as a lead. So that's cool.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I was told not to post bad streaks, so I'll post a decent one instead!

Super Doubles Train: 99

Team

Politoed @ choice specs
Drizzle
ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
evs: 204/0/52/252/0/0
stats: 191/74/102/156/120/90

Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Focus Blast

Toxicroak @ leftovers
Dry Skin
ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252
stats: 159/173/85/90/85/137

Drain Punch
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Taunt

Latios @ lum berry
Levitate
ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
evs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
stats: 156/89/100/182/130/178

Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot

Kingdra @ life orb
Swift Swim
ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
evs: 60/252/4/0/4/188
stats: 158/161/116/95/116/129

Waterfall
Outrage
Protect
Dragon Dance

Yeah this is just a boring rain team. Politoed and Toxicroak are perfect partners. Politoed just sits there spamming surf while Toxicroak supports him with fake out, sucker punch and taunt. The rest of Politoed's moveset is filler but I found myself turning to them more often towards the end of my streak for some reason. Ice Beam for dragons, Psychic for opposing Toxicroak and Poliwrath, and Focus Blast for Ferrothorn, Abomasnow and Tyranitar (usually not required because of Toxicroak). Drain Punch may seem weak but the damage output is usually enough and the recovery really helps Toxicroak survive, especially in unison with surf, rain and leftovers. Taunt helps against trick room and status, and it really screws over anything that relies solely on non-offensive moves (mandibuzz, spiritomb, etc.) I'm tempted to put Helping Hand in there somewhere but the other moves are just too important.

Latios is holding a lum berry because kingdra holds life orb, and expert belt and wise glasses are just crap. Lum berry has helped out numerous times and the loss of power isn't important because Latios is being used as a backup to my leads (the opponents it targets are usually weakened by Politoed and Toxicroak so Latios merely finishes them off). The only downside to Latios is that Politoed's surf is a 3-4HKO, though thankfully this never caused too much trouble. Life orb gives Kingdra a much needed power boost. I only ever used waterfall and outrage. Protect and dragon dance were untouched filler moves. I couldn't think of what else to give them but Kingdra only needs waterfall and outrage anyway.

I was fortunate not to suffer hax on the way to my final battle, but eventually something stupid would occur and it ultimately cost me my streak:

Battle 100 vs. Socialite Saty (legend trainer):

Saty sends out Terrakion and Thunderus; I send out Politoed and Toxicroak.

Toxicroak uses fake out on Thunderus, Thunderus flinches, Terrakion earthquakes (Politoed at 140hp, Toxicroak at 13hp), Politoed surfs, Terrakion and Thunderus are both dead, Toxicroak recovers to 80hp after surf, rain and leftovers.

Saty sends out Raikou and Articuno.

Toxicroak suckerpunchs Raikou (air balloon pops), Raikou thunders Politoed to death, Articuno uses an ice gem boosted blizzard to kill Toxicroak.

I send out Latios and Kingdra.

Kingdra waterfall Raikou to death, Latios thunderbolts Articuno to about 30% hp, Articuno uses blizzard, crit on Latios (dead), freeze on Kingdra (71hp).

Next turn, Kingdra is frozen solid and Articuno finishes Kingdra off with blizzard.

0-1

I'm still shocked that I lost this. I got off to a good start and then the game decides to bless Articuno with a crit (not sure if the crit mattered) and a freeze on the same turn. I don't think I would have done anything different during this battle in hindsight. It's just a shame that I just missed out on 100 wins (and the berry at 105 wins). Oh well.

Although this isn't good enough to get on the list, I also acheived a streak of 62 wins on the super multi train with the same team (by myself using a ds lite and a 3ds), but with the Scizor from my 94 win singles streak instead of Kingdra (team 1 = Politoed and Scizor, team 2 = Toxicroak and Latios). I actually prefer multi over double, but I don't think I'll play it for a while because it is just so slow!

Agreed, multi's a lot of fun. When its played well, you can get a great lead and dominate the CPU by making it a 2 v 1 in just two turns. However the CPU can do the same to you...

With my new team, I've hit 56 and then 53 in a row but I keep losing to the dumbest hax, and the worst part is that it's the same stupid stuff I lost to with my old team that peaked 132.

For example: at 53, I was down to 2 Pokés while they were on their last Poké which was Starmie, the most evil piece of garbage in the Subway. Starmie uses a 70% accuracy Ice Beam, critical hit, faints my 2nd Poké, so I send in my last one. Starmie uses Surf, flinch, uses Surf, I lose. The chance of losing to Starmie flinch hax is so slim, let alone losing to it twice. I swear this RNG is terrible -.-

Also: Since I know Garchomp is a fairly common Poké in Subway, how would using a Rough Skin Garchomp sound? Particularly one with Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet in all likelihood

Oh, don't worry about it. I hope you aren't doing that any more quickly because of something I might have said, because I don't really matter that much, or shouldn't anyway. :P So just take your time.

From my experience, Scizor should either be Choice Banded or Swords Dance in Subway. Swords Dance gives much more assurance for sweeps usually. CB is really to finish things off with BP or scouting with U-Turn while doing massive damage. Swords Dance is usually better.
I will definetly provide proof when I can but I just need to relax and play thorugh the originals. My High School causes to much stress and gives out to much work.

When thinking about Scizor that was definetly the route I wanted to take. Though I do see issues with each. While Choice Band Bullet Punch Techinichian (Mispelled probably) is powerful it dosn't feel like I always get the KOs I need. Might see better results soon because I am learning how to RNG and plan on actually EV'ing one. Then the Swords Dance set is powerful, and allows to switch moves but seems that if it takes to much damage during its swords dance it can only get off a bullet punch for a potential KO. Bear with me on my assumptions because I don't use damage calculators just go off own experience.

Thinking about a Scizor with Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite and Superpower. Should the EVs be 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Sp ? Or should I try a bit of bulk and drop some attack?

In Gen IV, the typical set would be to run minimum 100 Speed EVs go get to 98 speed to outspeed 0 speed Heatran which has 97 speed (none of the Heatrans in Gen IV had any speed EVs). In Subway, 3 of the 4 Heatrans still run no speed, so that might still be a good minimum to outspeed so you can get the Superpower KO before it can fire move you.

This is assuming flawless Speed IV of course. Otherwise, get whatever speed EVs to have at least 98 speed at level 50. Max attack and then the rest in HP is probably the way to go since most of your kills will be using Bullet Punch anyway.

EDIT:
... Starmie uses a 70% accuracy Ice Beam, critical hit, faints my 2nd Poké, so I send in my last one. Starmie uses Surf, flinch, uses Surf, I lose.
Ice beam has 100% accuracy. At first I thought you meant to say Blizzard, but then the rest of your description indicates that you were fighting:
861 | Starmie | Timid | King's Rock | Surf | Psychic | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam | Spd/SpA
(It's the only one with a flinch item, and actually none of the Starmies in subway has Blizzard anyway)

So yeah, Ice beam is 100% accurate.

Rough Skin Garchomp with Rocky Helmet seems inferior (in terms of effectiveness in usage) to Ferrothorn. Garchomp has amazing attack, so your item should take advantage of that via Sash (to allow it one dance), or Lum (for Outrage), or other items that will make it easier to sweep. It is not meant for passive damage via taking hits (like Ferrothorn is). Rough Skin is a fine option to have over sand veil for the guaranteed passive damage if it is released, but Garchomp is meant to deal damage.

Ice beam has 100% accuracy. At first I thought you meant to say Blizzard, but then the rest of your description indicates that you were fighting:
861 | Starmie | Timid | King's Rock | Surf | Psychic | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam | Spd/SpA
(It's the only one with a flinch item, and actually none of the Starmies in subway has Blizzard anyway)

So yeah, Ice beam is 100% accurate.
He abuses Flash (Aaaaah!).

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I am planning on making a BF team... I've been browsing through this thread and I noticed some Pokemon with 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SDef; is this the optimal spread rather than max HP?

So I am planning on making a BF team... I've been browsing through this thread and I noticed some Pokemon with 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SDef; is this the optimal spread rather than max HP?
At level 50, 31 IVs account for 15.5 stat points, which is then rounded down to 15. But if you then add 4 EVs to a stat, which is 1 point at level 100 and .5 stat points at level 50, you round out the number to 16.

So, at level 50, if you have 31 IVs in defense and special defense, you only need 4 EVs to increase those stats by 1 point, because you're only a fraction of a stat away from increasing as a result of your IVs adding a decimal number of stat points. Whereas the 8 HP EVs lost are equal to 2 whole hp points at level 100, and 1 HP point at level 50. So you lose 1 HP to gain 1 Defense AND 1 Special Defense.

This only works if you have flawless IVs, and if you're at level 50 (not optimized for lvl100 battles). And you only gain 1 higher stat total than before, so it's not a big disadvantage if you don't do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)