Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
So I wake up and find that everryone bandwagons on me, great.

OK, sadly I think the only way to get you guys off me is too claim, there is a prblem however...

Now, my role name is the Lunatic I am a sort of question asker. There are a few things that you should know about my role that makes it more complicated then other roles.
  • OK, my flavour for question asking is Night X - Asking the voices about USER. And then it says that these vioces are alrways wrong but will still answer my question.
  • My role flavour includes a doctor treating me so I no longer want to kill everything in this town but says that there are some who aren't so lucky.
  • Because of the above role flavour I know the identity of a role named the doctor, who we can give a fair guess is village. The doctor does not know who I am however.
  • I won't reveal how the doctor is as a bodyguard is also commonly called a doctor and we don't want our BG killed. So unless a rand is started on him then I won't reveal who he is.
OK, not being able to paste my role PM was a first a problem, but I guess that could have gone worse. Please post your thoughts now that I have done this and I'll leave you with this post from Spiffy.

Sadly there are no reads from him to defend me but there are some other potenial targets for us.

EDIT: I'm logging off for school. Please don't hit majority while I'm there.
Since you're claiming anyways, what were your results for nights 0-2?

Also, wtf are you doing with a post from spiffy on day 1? and answer my questions

EP you said that Maxim didn't post much so hydrattler gets a clean slate. So you didn't find his actions scummy?

And where's hydrattler. -.-

I've been thinking about this...Village RB wouldn't make any sense since we already have a safeguard and a bunch of power roles. I think AG is scum, so keeping my vote there.

I'm very disappointed MB didn't answer ANY of the questions that we've asked him so far. All he did was claim, really. Please MB, look over the questions at least that I've asked you, post your results for nights 0-2 (if they won't hurt town, or i guess whatever your win con really is... I just hope you'll cooperate as pro-town for now), and make sure in answering these questions that you don't reveal anything that could help mafia such as hinting at who the doctor is. Also, I would like to note that if MB stays alive that we'll be able to access his questions for as long as the doctor is alive. This could be really useful for town (example: Does a village roleblocker exist in this game?)

This is all assuming MB's claim is valid, of course. I just don't see the likelihood of this being a fake-claim, however if he is mafia he could have discussed an intense fakeclaim with them.

FoS: AG. The way he claimed and the role he produced make me feel really uneasy. I would also like to hear his reasoning for spoiling his plan so early on.

Still waiting for our sub Hydrattler to post...

I see possible vig targets as Mithril and AG currently. Mithril bandwagoned on the KoK lynch at the very end, which I see as a very potential bus. He has also done a very good job as staying out of our radar, only really posting when we mention he hasn't been and his posts have been rather small and not very helpful. Discuss?
EDIT: Actually I find Mithril's post that he gave earlier today (Day 3) as a helpful post. I'm still not sure how I feel however
EDIT2: But this does stick with my reasoning that he only really posts when we mention him.... Discuss Discuss

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry I haven't been as active as I started out to be. A lot of times I like to think a lot before I post and then end up forgetting to post. I know that seems scummy, but I think it's mainly because I'm not used to NOC, this being my second game. And in my first one I was a mess. If you ever think I am not contributing enough, please just prob me to remind me

Anyways, I still don't trust Metal Bagon one bit, especially after his claim. I personally think we should still keep it on him.

Sorry for being so inactive lately, been helping my church with Operation Christmas Child several hours a day for a week straight, plus the regular college and extracurricular activities, plus writing a novel in a month. Been one of the busiest weeks of the year, but OCC is done now so I'll be more active :)

For now, 12 hours of working at church today, an exam tomorrow morning, and some other things I have to do tonight all say Mafia can wait until tomorrow after class.

I never said when I die I go wolf, my role flavour simply hints that there may be a similar role to mine that is wolf. Also, what are the questions that Emproof is speaking of? I only did scim/scan but I couldn't find anything.

PS: My role also said I can't ask questions like "Is USER mafia?" just so you guys know.

I never said when I die I go wolf, my role flavour simply hints that there may be a similar role to mine that is wolf. Also, what are the questions that Emproof is speaking of? I only did scim/scan but I couldn't find anything.

PS: My role also said I can't ask questions like "Is USER mafia?" just so you guys know.
Yes, that's all well and nice, but as multiple people (including myself) have requested, what questions have you asked and what answers have you received?

First things first, I will only reveal the doctor if he is in the process of getting lynched.

Also, the hooker has been on me the last two nights so could I please ask that person to get off me so I can ask my questions.

in addition, Metal Bagon:
Who do you find scummy right now and why? (you may include Maxim.)
Paperblade, Ditto, Engineer Pikachu, Flamestrike: All of them have made positive contribuations to the town in different ways and I don't think atm that they show signs of being mafia.

Aura Guardian, Orcinus Duo: I personally think at least one of them is mafia or both are being noobs in this game for the sake of being noobish. Orcinus Duo has been in my mind overly aggresive and auramaster's posts seem to only spark acusations. However, this could be staged and both of them are mafia, I think that this unliely though.

Hydrattler: Maxim's actions made me think he has something to hide. I'd like to see what Hydrattler says over the next couple of days but I think we should keep a careful eye on him.

auramaster, nEsp, pokémaniac 212: Has been too quiet for me to make a good read on.

pokémaniac 212: Same as above but most of his posts seem to be provocitive so I'd like to keep an eye on him.

New World Order: Looks to be a bit like me, noob town who made some bad descions early by atm doesn't show any mafia-like signs.

Mithril: Mithril is currently my top suspect. His last four posts have all been lynchs with little to no reasoning. Either following everyone else or seemingly gut feelings.

khz: He is my second top suspect. Basically all of khz's recent post's are accussations. He has been mentioned by a lot of people as people how they have no reads on however I would like him to stay a suspect.

empoof: His posts have contributed to the town and I currently think he is either trying to push for village leader without outright saying it or moling very well. Either of the two are possiblies but I think the prior is more likely (or he is a better mole then I thought!).

What do you think towns course of action should be for this day?
We keep having stabs in the dark at people and I kind of want someone to come out with some info until the damn PL gets off me!

And, as it seems you are starting to get targeted with todays lynch, what would you find as a valid defense that you are town?
See my claim.

Overall I don't know who to lynch yet however I think either Mithril or khz would be a good target. But I'd like to see what both have to say before casting a vote.

EDIT: The PL has been on me the last two nights however my N1 question was "Does <the doctor (snipping name)> know my role?"
The answer was no.
  • Because of the above role flavour I know the identity of a role named the doctor, who we can give a fair guess is village. The doctor does not know who I am however.
The latter part of this was not actually in my role flavour but it was based on my question.

Hm... Are you questions all yes/no?

Addendum: If they are, does that just mean you get the opposite answer (ie if you ask "Is zorbees dead" would you just get "No")

Metal Bagon said:
my N1 question was "Does <the doctor (snipping name)> know my role?"
The answer was no.
If you were to copy and paste Walrein's response to this question, it would say "No" right? (this isn't cheating, since you can't exactly paraphrase yes or no). Just want to clarify.

@OD I don't play on MafiaScum but I read through a game before joining this one so I don't make a complete fool of myself (first time NOCer here)

@MB It's ironic that you find me a suspect because I accuse people who I find scummy (note its not just you, it's also other people I've accused) and also find others a suspect for not talking. If someone is going to talk in this thread, what are they going to do, talk about the weather? No, they're going to post who they find suspects which in itself is accusing people, much like you've done. Just pointing out some flawed logic.

Mithril: Mithril is currently my top suspect. His last four posts have all been lynchs with little to no reasoning. Either following everyone else or seemingly gut feelings.
I feel the need to deal with this right now, regardless of a test tomorrow. I will go through my last 4 posts for you in order from oldest to newest (Note: left out post explaining being on and not talking...didn't really attempt to contribute anything there.)
Alright, I have no problem with this. Lynch KingofKongs
You are correct on this one. This singular post has no justification for my lynch. However if you were to read the post I had before that, you would see:
Kingofkongs - His attack on OD made very little sense to me. Felt like it was an attempt to attack one of the people promoting discussion, and came out of nowhere. Unsure of him, but possibly mafia.]
In other words, I found him to be somewhat scummy, but personally hadn't made a lynch vote yet. Then, once village had someone they were lynching which I had reason to agree with, I followed suit with a vote.
3:
Personally, I still feel that pokemaniac is one of our best targets. Every single thing he has posted is nothing more than repeating other people's ideas in order to sound like he is contributing. It just seems very scummy to me. I would like to hear him actually give some thoughts on the game, so I am going to lynch pokemaniac.
There is more to this post, but this is the part dealing with the lynch. That reasoning, coupled with the reasoning from my initial thought post was enough for my lynch vote.
2:
While I still find pokemaniac to be very suspicious, if the consensus is to lynch talkinglion I don't have a problem with it.

unvote and lynch TalkingLion
In this post I do somewhat go with the village. In my post prior I state that his vote on NJ was very odd, and I wasn't sure. Since nothing he had done during the day convinced me of a village alignment, I decided to follow that vote.
And finally, 1:
But for now, lynch Metal Bagon to put more pressure on him.
I will admit there is no reasoning for a lynch here. But to refer back to that other post again, I state:
Metal Bagon - I feel that Metal Bagon is probably mafia. First, the early bandwagon seemed rather foolish, especially with no evidence given for his vote. Then, his post 107 where he attempts to justify his vote made absolutely no sense to me. Finally, he says he will be forced to claim if people don't pull their votes, which sounds to me like he is trying to scare the village away from lynching him in fear of having a power role revealed. Also, a lot of his posts just don't seem to have much substance to me. He is probably my number one suspect.
That seems like pretty damn good reasoning to me. Nothing you did after that impacted my judgement at all. You still evaded questions, and then claimed a very odd role while also having little results due to being hooked. I still feel you are mafia, and will continue with my lynch of you.

Every one of those lynches had reasoning behind it, so your entire argument is flawed. And thus, I conclude that you are doing nothing more than trying to drag other names in front of yourself to get yourself out of the discussion.

(Note I did not quote full posts for any of the above, only the pieces dealing with the specific lynch. Didn't want to make this any bigger than it already was.)

Also, the hooker has been on me the last two nights so could I please ask that person to get off me so I can ask my questions.
Except that I targeted Talking Lion N1 and Maxim/Hydrattler N2. (Walrein said cncnd to the question of whether my power gives a result to those without a night power.)

Haven't gotten around to unvoting MB so I guess I can just say that not much could possibly convince me otherwise now.

If we take what AG said as true, although I'm unsure whether to trust him, then a lynch on Metal Bagon seems completely safe, and if we are wrong I guess AG is confirmed mafian, unless there is a mafia roleblocker. Can someone who's played more NOC games than me say how likely it is that there would be 2 roleblockers.

@MB: If the voices are always wrong, and you got a "no" regarding if the doctor know who you are or not, doesn't that mean that the doc know who you are?

@The doc: Do not confirm nor deny the above. I guess you already knew that, but still. I prefer being paranoid than risking you outing yourself.

@OD: Please point out what makes MB's post "crap", apart from him not answering your questions and calling you "noob". Even if it's obvious to you, it's not obvious to me.

@AG: There is always the possibility of a redirect, right?

If we lynch MB and his claim is false, we've lynched a mafia. If we lynch MB and his claim is true, we got rid of what is very likely to become a wolf, in exchange for the mafia getting their roleblocker back.

Keeping him alive has the upside of giving us a question answered every night, or the mafia roleblocker occupied. This is, ofc, only true if his claim isn't a lie. In which case there are no benefits at all in sparing him.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Lol like we can trust what he says. Here's a quickie of 435, if you deem this inadequate I'll post something more comprehensive on a computer...later.

Lumping ditto with the likes of idling flamestrike, the not contributing EP, and the Paperblade who just defended mithril without reason. Looks to me like scum trying to get some suspicious partners in the clear by associating them with Ditto.

AG/OD analysis is complete shit.

Rest of reads up to Mithril show no logic or individual thinking. Also, nesp should have a read, he's posted enough to form one.

kHz is really unwarranted and without evidence.

I don't get empoof's analysis at all.

People. There is no point in keeping MB alive. He won't be helping village anyways.

(also, I suddenly had a thought. Why is Ditto on everyone's town list (including mine)?)

However that being said, I think we could lynch an inactive today. Flamestrike, EP, or auramaster comes to mind. We can leave MB for later, he is no threat to us yet.

nEsp said:
Thoughts on MB, AG and OD, please.
Sure.

Metal Bagon: has me confused. I thought he was probably just newb town at the beginning of this Day, but after seeing his post and khz's responce, I thought he was Mafia. However, his role is such a ridiculous claim that he couldn't have made it up, which makes me think he's newb town, but then I remember khz's post...I'm not sure what to think. If we lynch him and he's village, Mafia can Hook someone else (Assuming there isn't a village roleblocker besides Aura that's been Hooking MB), and we lose a potential threat (Even though his flavor doesn't say "you will become wolf", if he needs the Doctor to keep him calm and the doctor dies, then he would probably become wolf). If he's Mafia, obviously lynching him is great. IMO a better lynch target then a rand or inactive, but not as good as...

Aura Guardian: Wow. His #406 post was the weirdest post I've seen all game.

1. You claimed your power role, allowing the Mafia to target you, for a small chance of tricking Metal Bagon to expose himself as Mafia (Assuming he even is Mafia)? I would never expect this from an Expert.

2. Your point 2 makes absolutely no sense, please explain. The fact that you didn't explain when you posted is very strange.

3. Seriously you said your role and didn't even edit it out after saying you would edit it out?!

4. OD bussing kongs has nothing to do with Metal Bagon's role. OD bussing kongs is EXTREMELY unlikely IMO, since he started the lynch. It's more likely that you bussed kongs, since you bandwagoned.

5. See 1 and 3. Other then your nonsensical defense, the only reason I can see for your actions is if you are Mafia and wanted to either trick Metal Bagon to get a village power role lynched (If he's village Roleblocker), or make yourself look more clean (If he's not) since village is unlikely to have a Roleblocker (Someone correct me if Roleblocker is a common village role in NOC), and if the village does have one, they wouldn't want to counterclaim and expose themself. Any way you look at it, you would either be a more trusted villager or know who the village Roleblocker is.

Until he defends himself I support lynching Aura Guardian, although he's not my lynch vote just yet.

Orcinus Duo: VERY aggresive play, always trying to stir up discussion, and is happy to bandwagon. Some of his moves (Such as saying Spiffy was clean because he subbed in) make me doubt that he's an expert NOC player, but definitely more experienced then everyone here. The large amount of bandwagon's he's started is suspicious, but he lead the lynch on kongs, which makes me believe he's village.

For now, Lynch New World Order because he hasn't said anything significant all day. NWO (And anyone else who wants to), what 3 people do you think are the most likely to be Mafia, and why?

Mithril/Paperblade: Your posts haven't contributed much outside of lynch votes, same question as NWO.

pokemaniac 212:
pokemaniac 212 said:
If we take what AG said as true, although I'm unsure whether to trust him, then a lynch on Metal Bagon seems completely safe
Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but how does any of AG's posts make a MB lynch safe? Please explain.

(Assuming there isn't a village roleblocker besides Aura that's been Hooking MB)
I'd considered mentioning something like that. I'd like Metal Bagon to state what his hooked flavor is.
Aura Guardian: Wow. His #406 post was the weirdest post I've seen all game.

1. You claimed your power role, allowing the Mafia to target you, for a small chance of tricking Metal Bagon to expose himself as Mafia (Assuming he even is Mafia)? I would never expect this from an Expert.
I was half asleep at the time and thought that the argument between me and OD had gone on long enough. Also: I have no previous NOC experience as village, so I'm *almost* as new as anyone to it.
2. Your point 2 makes absolutely no sense, please explain. The fact that you didn't explain when you posted is very strange.
That is because I hooked him, ruling out that possibility.
3. Seriously you said your role and didn't even edit it out after saying you would edit it out?!
I SUGGESTED that I could, but OD didn't reply with a yes/no to it before it became a moot point.
4. OD bussing kongs has nothing to do with Metal Bagon's role. OD bussing kongs is EXTREMELY unlikely IMO, since he started the lynch. It's more likely that you bussed kongs, since you bandwagoned.
I was simply stating that if this failed, then OD would have had only a 1/4 success rate at finding mafia, which is NOT useful to the village.
5. See 1 and 3. Other then your nonsensical defense, the only reason I can see for your actions is if you are Mafia and wanted to either trick Metal Bagon to get a village power role lynched (If he's village Roleblocker), or make yourself look more clean (If he's not) since village is unlikely to have a Roleblocker (Someone correct me if Roleblocker is a common village role in NOC), and if the village does have one, they wouldn't want to counterclaim and expose themself. Any way you look at it, you would either be a more trusted villager or know who the village Roleblocker is.
Or, I'm telling the truth. Also, keep in mind this: This game is not the other NOC games. We don't just have the standard Inspector + BG + Mayor which is most of what all villages have in NOC. We have the used-half-the-time-or-so vigilante, if TL's death is anything to go by. We had a safeguard, a miller, and an announcer. This appears to be a standard 1v1 with all the main roles used here, not just the NOC roles. Why would we not have a roleblocker?
I was answering outside the quotes, but decided underlined in them is easier.

Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but how does any of AG's posts make a MB lynch safe? Please explain.
I went on to explain that since AG is claiming roleblocker, but only blocked him once, then his claim to have been hooked twice doesn't stack up. However I went on to mention the possibility of a mafia roleblocker, and questioned whether both sides having a roleblocker was a possibility. If it is, then no its not safe, its just no-one has yet answered the question.

I went on to explain that since AG is claiming roleblocker, but only blocked him once, then his claim to have been hooked twice doesn't stack up. However I went on to mention the possibility of a mafia roleblocker, and questioned whether both sides having a roleblocker was a possibility. If it is, then no its not safe, its just no-one has yet answered the question.
Actually, I never hooked MB at all. Idle N0, TalkingLion N1, then Maxim/Hydrattler N2. The reason I switched from TL was to test the possibility of a wolf/mafia designated killer.

So, MB: what was the hook flavor?

Ok thanks Aura, that explains a lot, although there was still something in your post that caught my eye...

I SUGGESTED that I could, but OD didn't reply with a yes/no to it before it became a moot point.
That's not true, the posts between the two of you never show you asking OD if you should hide it. You said that you could, then saw his post about asking for counterclaims and left it up. Wouldn't it have been better to just hide your role?

This game is not the other NOC games. We don't just have the standard Inspector + BG + Mayor which is most of what all villages have in NOC. We have the used-half-the-time-or-so vigilante, if TL's death is anything to go by. We had a safeguard, a miller, and an announcer. This appears to be a standard 1v1 with all the main roles used here, not just the NOC roles. Why would we not have a roleblocker?
This is a good point, although a minor correction, no one's claimed miller except TL, who thought miller = vanillager. Still think you're suspicious for claiming your role so easily though, sadly you're not the first but you are the most experienced player to claim (Both in OC and NOC Mafia). Would like other players to post their thoughts on this.

Also forgot to include him in my previous post, Hydrattler you've had enough time now to read through the thread, what 3 people do you think are the most likely Mafia and why?

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry guys, I'd forgotten about this for a while because I got tied up abusing my newly granted GP Stamping rights :D

@ Auramaster
1: Aura Guardian: I know I've labelled him as village a while ago, but I'm not so sure about him anymore. Yes, he did go after TalkingLion hard, but now that TL has turned out to be village, Aura Guardian may have been trying to take someone down along with his mafia teammate and make his death not in vain. He has been overly aggressive all game long, and it seems that he is just plain wants people killed. Him and OD have been cat-fighting all game long, but OD was the one who initiated to kok lynch. Why would you direct attention onto a teammate when they have no suspicion on them? This makes Aura Guardian the more suspicious of the two.

2: Metal Bagon: Has done nothing but jump on bandwagons all game long, and when asked to defend himself, he merely deflects to another player or repeats what other people have already said. His claim doesn't sound convincing at all.

3: Hydrattler: Maxim has not posted much, and has been acting pretty suspiciously when he does. Him subbing out may have had something to do with him thinking "they got me, why bother anymore". Although this is only speculation.

That being said, defend your aggression Aura Guardian. Lynch Aura Guardian

Since my point on MB being a safe lynch was based on a misreading of AG's post I retract it, since its useless now, although that does still leave the question over likelihood of a mafia hooker, but judging by the more experienced players reactions it seems there probably is, although I still think we should lynch MB.

On the miller point, I read NJiggs' role PM as a miller, since it said how he was mistrusted etc, although I may be wrong on that.

Also, since other people are, I may as well do a 3 most suspicious people list

1) Metal Bagon. Both myself and everyone else have said the reasons often enough, bandwagoning, relative inactivity unless threatened (although that may be my faulty memory), defensiveness etc, although his strange choice of claim if it is fake makes me slightly less suspicious. Still the most suspicious person overall though.

2) Paperblade. While he's posted regularly I can't remember one which said anything useful, even more so than my early posts, although I've been trying to rectify that, and to me that seems very scummy. Also, his originally unexplained support for mithril is pretty scummy.

3) Hydrattler. Maxim was extremely quiet, and hardly posted even when pressured, which is pretty scummy behaviour, and since hydrattler came in he has failed to post anything other than that he's reading the thread, which given he's had more than a day now is at best someone being ridiculously inactive.

Other particularly scummy people: AG, for reasons which have been mentioned repeatedly by myself and others, only reason he's not in the top 3 is his claim seems reasonable and is yet to be cc'd. Also Mithril for his general inactivity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)