Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

How many times do I have to post to not be seen as lurking. I posted 6 times in less than 24 hours before going to bed, admittedly the first 2 were pretty useless because my information was wrong, but I'm hardly being inactive any more.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Roleblocker is typically scummy, but then again, concentration of power roles in this game is pretty...eh. I won't make a judgement on that alone.
I think that it's entirely possible there's a village hooker, but it's almost certain that mafia has a hooker as well. Having both a village hooker and a mafia hooker seems like it would make some sense. Anyone with more NOC experience want to chip in on this?
Has Hydrattler even posted a post other then this usless one since subbing in? If he hasn't then seems strangely like Maxim's shifty behaviour so unless I am wrong a lot of signs point towards Hydrattler.
Can you answer the questions directed at you, please?

Anyway, I completely agree with Flamestrike in that either MB or AG is mafia. However, since I really don't think a role like the one MB claimed is faked easily (it's waaay too complicated); the only reference we have to it (I think) is Mafia Mafia 2, which was a game with outside contact. That, if anything, should tell you that the role he is claiming is either brilliantly faked or too complicated to be fake. I'm dubious that such a role exists in an NOC game, but I don't think that anybody would be clever enough to fakeclaim a role like that. For this reason, I actually think that AG might be mafia; I'm not going to pursue this, but I'd just like the throw it out there. MB, if you could answer the questions (hook flavor, etc.) it'd be a huge help.

EDIT: What I meant here was the whole "doctor is treating me" thing.

Mithril is also kind of suspicious right now. I know he's been posting a lot more than I have, but it seems that he doesn't really post unless provoked.

I'm conflicted between lynching Hydrattler or Metal Bagon. It makes sense that we'd want to send a message out to inactives that doing so is wrong, but also Metal Bagon has refused to respond to any of the things people have said about him (he edited his post after OD posted, which is AFTER I had pointed out that I was amazed he hasn't responded... and is currently not on the "active users viewing this thread"). Yes, people have other things to do, but if he can make a sheepish response to OD's frustration he could have answered even ONE of the questions posed to him.

Blah lynch target toss up. Either way, they both seem pretty scummy to me and the vig might want to take their names down for consideration.

EDIT: by "doing so is WRONG" i mean to say not benefiting town, not that it is a moral decision or anything
I'm fairly certain that lynching someone that is active but refuses to cooperate is more beneficial to us then lynching someone who isn't active. This because if MB's mafia, we don't know how much he helps them, but it's probably more then what a user who doesn't even view the thread does.

Engineer Pikachu said:
I don't think that anybody would be clever enough to fakeclaim a role like that.
I believe that it could be a mistake to assume that our opponent is weak. Besides, question asker isn't that far-fetched.

Lynch Metal Bagon. Answer the questions directed at you!

Engineer Pikachu said:
I really don't think a role like the one MB claimed is faked easily
Empoof said:
This is all assuming MB's claim is valid, of course. I just don't see the likelihood of this being a fake-claim I just don't see the likelihood of this being a fake-claim
pokemaniac 212 said:
although his strange choice of claim if it is fake makes me slightly less suspicious.
Flamestrike said:
I doubt a mafia would claim a role that becomes a wolf, it's a pretty big risk, so I'm guessing Metal Bagon is "clean".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems several people (Including myself) think Metal Bagon might be village, solely because of his strange claim. In that case, this PM I nearly forgot about might clear up some confusion.

auramaster said:
Dear Metal Bagon,
You are Moltres.

You are a grand fire bird with that ruled Mt.Blaze. Your fiery servants feared your presence until a certain team of heroes humiliated you. When you they met you again however, you joined their team. However, they have disappeared so you don't know which faction to support in this game.

Every night, you may PM shinyskarmory and auramaster with the title “NX- Using Fire Spin on <USER>”. You will surround <USER> with an intense fire tornado, and only determined killers will go through the flames to target <USER>.

Every night, you may PM shinyskarmory and auramaster with the title “NX- Impress <USER> with my majesty”. You will appear before <USER> and amaze them so much by your flames that they will do whatever you say in their posts (Such as post in all caps), which you must put in the body of the PM. You cannot make them say anything that will affect their lynch vote.

You are more calm and collective then the other legendary birds so you saw who they were allied with.

Arcticuno=M.O.M.
Zapdos=Z.E.R.G

You also know that there is another neutral with a similar win condition to yours below in this game.

You are allied with yourself. You win if one faction wins with more then half of their members remaining.
Allow me to introduce you to Metal Bagon's fake Role PM from PMD Mafia. Please note that it is absolutely ridiculous, with a win condition that encourages the game to be dominated by one faction. He also claims there is another neutral who ALSO has to let the game be dominated, even though I mentioned in both Mob and Brawl Mafia that I didn't like games dominated. Also, his powers don't match his win condition at all, and knowing the alliance of the other birds doesn't make sense (He was trying to clean his teammate, Zapdos).

In short, his claim is too ridiculous for anyone to fake. He faked it. Therefore I say we Lynch Metal Bagon for generally acting scummy all game, ignoring questions asked to him, and being capable of fake claiming even the strangest roles.

Can you please point out where in the PMD mafia he posted that fake, since I've just read through the thread up to his death twice and can't find it anywhere. Suffice to say, unless you can find it I'm very suspicious of you.

Roleblocker is typically scummy, but then again, concentration of power roles in this game is pretty...eh. I won't make a judgement on that alone.
#fluodome mafia would like a word with you. As would most OC games. (Though for the OC games, I admit the mafias also tend to have a roleblocker. It's just that the village have one more often.)
In short, his claim is too ridiculous for anyone to fake. He faked it. Therefore I say we Lynch Metal Bagon for generally acting scummy all game, ignoring questions asked to him, and being capable of fake claiming even the strangest roles.
Just going to mention that for the ignoring questions, the only explanations I can think of are the near-impossible missed reading it and him not wanting to claim one hook flavor and finding out that my hook flavor is completely different. The second one = mafia, so the capability of faking strange roles thing = final nail in coffin IMO.

Vote Metal Bagon.

Vote Metal bagon
I agree with what other people have said about him ignoring questions, yeah i have been a bit inactive but i'm willing to co-operate with you lot. i'm not to sure who else could be scum, but im going to get more involved with this and attempt to help out

@auramaster, thanks, that makes sense now, and I guess does prove his ability to make up bizarre roles.

Also, I'm glad you've posted hydrattler, but could you please give us your 3 scummiest people.

We are NEARING MAJORITY and there is no way I'm going to do another vote tally :/ If someone else (Walrein?) would be willing that would be great. I would like to rally to hold off on lynching just yet. While I'm pretty sure deadline is in a few hours, I think talking more could be beneficial (like having hydrattler list three scummiest people)

I'm not really aware of the unwritten "don't paste PMs from other games" rule, but if we look beyond that I would say that the editing of his role and turning a blind eye to our questions is pretty scummy. He doesn't have to have been the one that thought up the claim as well, any of his mafia members (or even the host) could have thought up the idea for him and his execution of it could've been slightly poor.

I'm fairly certain that lynching someone that is active but refuses to cooperate is more beneficial to us then lynching someone who isn't active.
This makes enough sense to me. If I were to vote, I'd vote MB, but I'd like to make sure our conversations continue before jumping right to deadline.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Vote Tally
Metal Bagon (8): Ditto, Paperblade, khz, Mithril, nEsp, auramaster, Aura Guardian, Hydrattler
Hydrattler (4): pokemaniac 212, Orcinus Duo, Flamestrike, Metal Bagon
khz (1): Engineer Pikachu
Aura Guardian (1): New World Order

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We are currently at L-1 (factoring 1 mayor), but I would like to have Hydrattler discuss a bit more. You've had plenty of time to read up and can give us more to work with than he has. Remember that you aren't on good terms right now anyways with Maxim's inactivity looming over you.

Okay, let's see if I can be more active now that I have some free time. I'm really not sure about most people, though...

Paperblade - Generally helpful?
Mithril - Kind of confusing; I don't really know what to think of him. How is he confusing?
Ditto - Was extremely helpful in D1; hasn't been as helpful since, but is still present and a discussion sparker.
auramaster - Haven't really seen him post. So far every opinion here is what most people think, nothing original
Flamestrike - Posting more lately; seems to be being helpful.
empoof - Great posts.
Metal Bagon - Complex role that seems unlikely to be faked.
Orcinus Duo - Starting a bandwagon on mafia D1 would make it seem like he's not mafia.
nEsp - No clue. Still nothing original, also these comments are really short, none longer then a single sentence
khz - See above.
Hydrattler - Maxim didn't really post much, so I guess Hydrattler gets a clean slate. Interesting hypothesis, he clearly didn't care much about the game and didn't give much effort to his posts, although since they have the same role it's not really a clean slate
Aura Guardian - His posts are kind of confusing, but since he claimed and there's been no counterclaim so far, I guess he's village?
pokémaniac 212 - See nEsp.
New World Order - See AG. STILL nothing original

Gonna Unvote: lynch nEsp, then. I'll try to be more active.

EDIT: nEsp, I have one phrase to respond to your question: random.org

Anyways, onto the next one, which is vote khz Removed his bold from the post so it was clear I'm not voting for the same person
Engineer Pikachu said:
Orcinus Duo said:
I think that it's entirely possible there's a village hooker, but it's almost certain that mafia has a hooker as well. Having both a village hooker and a mafia hooker seems like it would make some sense. Anyone with more NOC experience want to chip in on this? Trying to help but isn't experienced enough with NOC to make a helpful comment

Metal Bagon said:
Has Hydrattler even posted a post other then this usless one since subbing in? If he hasn't then seems strangely like Maxim's shifty behaviour so unless I am wrong a lot of signs point towards Hydrattler.
Can you answer the questions directed at you, please? Encouraging discussion

Anyway, I completely agree with Flamestrike in that either MB or AG is mafia. However, since I really don't think a role like the one MB claimed is faked easily (it's waaay too complicated); the only reference we have to it (I think) is Mafia Mafia 2, which was a game with outside contact. That, if anything, should tell you that the role he is claiming is either brilliantly faked or too complicated to be fake. I'm dubious that such a role exists in an NOC game, but I don't think that anybody would be clever enough to fakeclaim a role like that. I showed earlier how that's wrong, he's far from the only one to think so For this reason, I actually think that AG might be mafia; I'm not going to pursue this, but I'd just like the throw it out there. MB, if you could answer the questions (hook flavor, etc.) it'd be a huge help. This whole paragraph is mostly the same as Flamestrike's earlier post, put into EP's own words.

EDIT: What I meant here was the whole "doctor is treating me" thing.

Mithril is also kind of suspicious right now. I know he's been posting a lot more than I have, but it seems that he doesn't really post unless provoked. Flamestrike interestingly also mentioned this in his previous post
Comments in bold, overall during Day 3 he hasn't said anything but repeat what others have said, which IMO makes him very suspicious.

OK, now I'm very suspicious of Hydrattler, since he was looking at the thread for the last 30 minutes or so, and therefore must have seen the question I asked him, but has now left without posting. While I still feel MB is a better target today, Hydrattler is looking like a very good target for tomorrow.

Ampharos

Deadline

Final Vote Tally
Metal Bagon (8): Ditto, Paperblade, khz, Mithril, nEsp, auramaster, Aura Guardian, Hydrattler
Hydrattler (4): pokemaniac 212, Orcinus Duo, Flamestrike, Metal Bagon
khz (1): Engineer Pikachu
Aura Guardian (1): New World Order

Today, you all had a one track mind: get Metal Bagon, pausing only to cast a skeptical glance at sketchy Hydrattler. As the evening bell tolls, you all close in on Metal Bagon.

"No, wait, I can ask questions, I swear!" he cries, ignoring all your queries.

But as he realizes he won't be dissuading you, he suddenly sprints off into the distance. And he is freaking fast. As citizens of Mafiatown, well known for general laziness, you all shrug and call it a night.

Night 3 will be longer than usual to account for American Thanksgiving. Deadline for night 3 is in 72 hours. No more talking.

Ampharos

All actions in update goes here

My phone stinks so this is the worlds laziest update.

Ditto was stabbed. He was the Stalker, Mafia inspector.

Paperblade was beaten and shot. He was the Sheriff, Village backup alliance checker.

Metal Bagon was handcuffed and shot. He was the Lunatic, Wolf with an every-night kill, inspect, and first kill proof vest.

Yelling Boy said:
Looks like we have a surefire mafia target in Metal Bagon...Let's kill him.
Day 4 ends in 72 hours. Results going out, don't talk yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)