Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Dont know if i can ask yet, ignore if i cant, but can i have some pokemon to use in FireRed?

I want it hard, but not stupidly hard, i will be using an emulator, so i cant trade.

Reserving for iamQmai

Because King Serperior is doing his signature, i'm doing mine. (but changed)
Take a Jigglypuff and name it DR.PROTECT.
This Jigglypuff is a national protector of Normal-types, and gets tired of it.
So, it must use Sing against all normal types that it sees. That also means Jigglypuff must switch in against all Normal types to use Sing.
After evolution, it thinks it has the effects of Shell Smash on, so it has to set up Reflect and Light Screen when it comes in , instead of Sing. But it must keep Sing.
After Reflect and Light Screen have been used 5 times in total, it thinks protecting isn't boring anymore, and can forget Sing and not have to come in against all Normal types.
It also has to have 1 attacking move at all times.
Have fun!

I'm back! So, no takers for a joint scramble? I guess I should have gone for Gen II. Anyway, I'll take a quick Christmas Themed, medium SS Challange with the same rules of a few pages ago (No trading, drudgery or long end game). So fire away! 6 Pokes. Axmaster, unfortunately I must reject some minor parts to your challange.. Other than that, I like it!

The challenges are as follows:
1) "I am a poor boy too" i.e. must be a male,
2) "I have no gift to bring" i.e. cannot use a fire move prior to Gold hatching,
3) "The ox and lamb kept time" i.e. solo 4 wild Mareep as a Cyndaquil, 4 wild Tauros as a Quilava,
4) "I played my best for him" i.e. if the goal (the "King") is Red, must learn Eruption and receive Choice Scarf before Red and solo three of his pokes with Choice Scarfed Eruption alone

Take the Togepi Egg you recieve and name him Gold. Gold is one of the three wisemen, and such must act like it. Gold cannot KO trainers from the time you hatch the egg until after the next badge. At this point, Gold runs into Herod, and must avoid him at all costs. As such, Gold cannot be in your party when you enter Morty's gym. After this, and obtaining a 60 BP or under yellow move (to represent Gold) (Shock/T-Wave unavailable!), Gold can evolve.

As a Togetic, rename Gold Frankincense (I'll refer to him as Frank). Frank thinks that his gift to the baby has been stolen by the awful Chuck, and such must solo him, using a psychic type move as much as possible. After obtaining his gift, the move must be replaced with the much solemmer Metronome, and cannot use it until you complete the first Safari Zone challange. After this, Frank can use Metronome. (Move Relearner is in Blackthorne, why not learn it by level up?) Frank also wants to remove Herod ASAP, so he can get home, and such must solo the next Rocket Admin you face. Anytime between Chuck and the Admin, Frank can evolve. (No shiny stone pre E-4, only certain days in pokethlon)

Now, as a Togekiss, rename Frank Mirre. Mirre now as almost completed the trip, but hasn't found his gift for the baby yet. It was stolen by Team Rocket, so Mirre must solo the final Rocket Admin in the Radio Tower. After this, Mirre wants to get more in shape for the upcoming visit to the baby, so he must complete 7 pokeathelons. (no pokethlons for a short game) Once you reach the E4, Mur can be used freely, except for always having the electric type move and Metronome, after they are introduced(KS, if you dissaprove, I'll change Metronome). Once you get to Lance(representitive of the baby), Mur wants to meet the baby. If you need Mur, you can use him, but try to keep Mur in the second position for the entire battle, so Mur doesn't have to hurt the baby, but can view in awe and present his gift.

Merry Christmas to all!

Rudolph just loves bright lights, so he must always have a 'light' move (Sunny Day, Solarbeam, or Flash). Rudolph also loves the colour red, so he must solo 15 red pokemon. Rudolph also leads the team, so he must be in the lead position for every significant battle (gym, rival, team rocket executive, legendary etc.), unless it would conflict with another challange. Have fun!

This Bellsprout was traumatized when Celebi traveled forward in time to see what would happen if you had traded her(must be female) to the Onix dude. He would become a rope to hang Christmas Lights! She must never be with Rudolph in a double battle, due to all the lights. She also may not have a move shared with Rudolph. Lights must also switch out immediately if hit by a Light-based attack. She must also lead in caves and defeat 5 pokemon. This helps her confirm there are no lights in the cave(only for Flash requiring Caves). Also, she must solo Whitney's Miltank, due to Whitney for appearing in the Bright Radio Tower. She tries to practice to fight Koga, who promised her that he would tell her the secrets of hiding from light, so solo all poison types not in the Zubat Family. After she evolves into Victreebel, she must learn Sunny Day and use it every battle to drain out lights. In addition, all previous restrictions are gone. Now she likes Rudolph, and if possible, must be in all double battles with Rudolph. Also, give her BlackGlasses as soon as possible. Finally, she must change the weather if another pokemon uses a weather-inducing move.

Summary:
Non Fully Evolved:

Never have a move Rudolph has or double battle with Rudolph.
Switch out from Light-based attacks
Lead in Caves, defeat 5 cave pokemon to get rid of this.
Solo Miltank and non Zubat family poison types.
Evovled:
Learn Sunny Day+Use in beginning of battles. Change other artificial weather
Double Battles must be with Rudolph

It isnt allowed to use anything but Present as an attacking move, so you must have 3 "status" moves. You must solo 2 of Claire's (8th Gym) pokemon.

Thanks for the challanges so far! I'll begin the scramble tomorrow. I won't have time for updates, but I'll try to sneak in a little story before New Years! Merry Christmas, everyone!

I will give you a mid/hard Challange iamQmai. This is my kind of challange that can go either way. :)

Take Useless the Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn can only evolve at level 55. Teach it 3 special moves. The final move must either be nondamaging or unSTABed. Solo Geovannie, Your rival directly after Geovannie and Bruno.

This can be as easy or as difficult as you want.

Thanks King Serperior. That could be pretty hard :)

Forgot to say, can I have atleast 2 pokemon that can be found early on (Before I get the SSAnne ticket)
I dont necessarily have to have a starter but i can if needed.

Gamer40000: Does sing have to hit before I can switch out again? Seeing how it only had 55(?)% accuracy.

@iamQmai, take Ed the Electabuzz. Ed just loves to abuse his STAB, so if you encounter any pokemon weak to electric, Ed must switch in and solo that pokemon. BUT, if Ed is KO'd by any pokemon, Ed gains one Failure Point. The number of Failure Points Ed has determine his moves:
0 Points-no restriction
1 point- Max 3 attacking moves
2 points- Max 2 attacking moves
3 points- Max 2 attacking moves, and no move over 80 BP
4 points- Max 2 attacking moves, and no move over 60 BP
5 points- Max 2 attacking moves, and no STAB moves.

If Ed reaches 5 points, he may no longer use ANY move against a pokemon weak to electric, because he believes he is a Failure as an Electabuzz. However, if Ed is hit by a ground-type move and SURVIVES (while at 5 Failure Points), then holy crap, he turns into an awesome, destructive killer! He may now have only one attacking move, and that is his most powerful move of all- THUNDER. Max out it's PP, and solo every trainer in Victory Road. Whatever happens, make Ed solo Sabrina. (I hope this is hard enough)

@Sage Chow, take Rudolph the Stantler. Rudolph just loves bright lights, so he must always have a 'light' move (Sunny Day, Solarbeam, or Flash). Rudolph also loves the colour red, so he must solo 15 red pokemon. Rudolph also leads the team, so he must be in the lead position for every significant battle (gym, rival, team rocket executive, legendary etc.), unless it would conflict with another challange. Have fun!

Thats good enough for me :)
Will I be able to use Ed in any battle or is it only when he is strong against the poke? Also due to changing moves all the time if he does faint. Can I change the failure points to (something similar to, you change if you wish): -
0 points: Have any moves you like
1 point: 3 Attacking moves, only 2 STAB
2 points: 3 attacking moves, only 1 STAB
3 points: 2 attacking moves, 1 STAB
4 points: 1 attacking move, STAB if you wish
5 points: 1 attacking move, no STAB.

I will still use the "have to solo Sabrina" and "switch into any poke weak to Electric"

@Sage Chow - Take a Delibird name Santa. It isnt allowed to use anything but Present as an attacking move, so you must have 3 "status" moves. You must solo 2 of Claire's (8th Gym) pokemon.

Yes, you can use Ed in any battle you like.
As for the point system, I'll change it a little for you.

0 Points-no restriction
1 point- Max 3 attacking moves
2 points- Max 2 attacking moves
3 points- Max 2 attacking moves, and no move over 80 BP
4 points- Max 2 attacking moves, and no move over 60 BP
5 points- Max 2 attacking moves, and no STAB moves.

If you accept, I'll edit this into the original post.

Reserving a Bellsprout, will change if Axmaster wishes to use Sage Noble.
Have Lights the Bellsprout. This Bellsprout was traumatized when Celebi traveled forward in time to see what would happen if you had traded her(must be female) to the Onix dude. He would become a rope to hang Christmas Lights! She must never be with Rudolph in a double battle, due to all the lights. She also may not have a move shared with Rudolph. Lights must also switch out immediately if hit by a Light-based attack. She must also lead in caves and defeat 5 pokemon. This helps her confirm there are no lights in the cave(only for Flash requiring Caves). Also, she must solo Whitney's Miltank, due to Whitney for appearing in the Bright Radio Tower. She tries to practice to fight Koga, who promised her that he would tell her the secrets of hiding from light, so solo all poison types not in the Zubat Family. After she evolves into Victreebel, she must learn Sunny Day and use it every battle to drain out lights. In addition, all previous restrictions are gone. Now she likes Rudolph, and if possible, must be in all double battles with Rudolph. Also, give her BlackGlasses as soon as possible. Finally, she must change the weather if another pokemon uses a weather-inducing move.

Summary:
Non Fully Evolved:

Never have a move Rudolph has or double battle with Rudolph.
Switch out from Light-based attacks
Lead in Caves, defeat 5 cave pokemon to get rid of this.
Solo Miltank and non Zubat family poison types.
Evolved:
Learn Sunny Day+Use in beginning of battles. Change other artificial weather
Double Battles must be with Rudolph

A mini update for a Christmas miniscramble, enjoy!

*Starts Game*

Hey, is prof Elm wearing a Christmas Hat? Well, I guess I need a name to begin with. Why not borrow Dickens' Tiny Tim? The rival will make an excellent Scrooge later on. Now, to business: "Prof Elm, fork over my first Christmassy pet!" *Receives a Cyndaquil* Welcome to the team DrummerBoy! He can't use fire moves moves for a while, so I'll have to keep Quick Attack and Leer around for a bit. *Hums while ploughing through the first routes* "Quick Attack, pa rum pum pum pum!"

Finally, Sprout Tower.. But there's an odd Christmas tree: The sages have decorated a large Bellsprout with lights and christmas balls! Hmm.. I guess you'll have to improvise if there aren't any Snover around.. But now I must have one too! I quickly catch Lights the Bellsprout, head to the Pokemart to buy some decorations and solo a bunch of Xmas-Sprouts to prove that mine is the fanciest.

After Cyndaquil kicks Falkners butt, professor Elm calls to inform me that my Christmas present has been delivered to the Violet Pokémart. Awesome! It's an egg that hatches Gold the Togepi, to be delivered to the baby Dragonite. But Scrooge is jealous of my gifts and challenges me to a duel: He leads with the Ghost of Christmas Future who places an evil curse on my Christmas Lights. This isn't going well. But suddenly a bright star shines and Gold the Togepi decides to sacrifice himself for the greater good. I use a potion to heal my X-mas Sprout and he's ready to kick some butt. "Take that, Scrooge! Let's hope that the ghost of christmas past brings you back to my glorious victory for many times to come!"

*More humming while incinerating Bugsy's team with Ember* "tis the season to be jolly, la la la la, la la la!" *Whitney's Miltank is easily soloed with Poison Power* "WeepinBell, VictreeBell, Jingle all the way!"

Aha! Rudolph the Stantler joins the team. And he's quite a boss for this part. After a little grinding, he effortlessly soloes the Ecruteak gym. Morty's army of Christmas Ghosts can only Suckerpunch him with Grannies Eggnog. *hums sleigh ride while tapping Astonish* Those haircuts from the Goldenrod salon finally pay off as Gold evolves into a Togetic (hell, even gifts need to look good for Christmas). I rename him to another christmassy gift: Incense. I guess that makes Tiny Tim a King then.. 0_o

*More singing while Incense soloes Chuck with Extrasensory* "And since we've got gyms to solo, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" *Jasmine is soloed by Drummer Boy and his Fire Blast* "I want a Hippopotas for Christmas!" *Pryce is defeated by Lights with some carefully timed Sleep Powders, Intimidates, Flashes and X-items* "Prycey the Snowman, was a jolly happy soul!" *The rockets are taken down under the post christmas dinner belching* "Grandma got run over by a Stantler!" *Incense solo's the Rocket Admins* "All I sooolo for Christmas, is yooouuu!"

Oh-ho! Finally, I've reached the Ice Path! "Welcome to the team Santa!" You have the worldst most evil restrictions, so I'm going to mitigate them a bit: He will solo Clair with only Present and a Status Move but for the rest he will use any move he wants. Screw the rules, it's nearly New Year, I have no time for endless grinding. "Santa! Use Attract on the Gyarados and Dragons!" *5 X-Att and a Dire Hit later* Crap, Present still takes forever to take something out. Stupid healing chance.. *Attracts the Dragonair to dodge Fireblast* "Okay, Santa! Let's make these Presents count! This Dragonair had better been very naughty this year!"

*Fireblast misses, Present kills*

"Yeassh! Santa, you're awesome!"

After 5 resets I finally got it (well, using a revive)! This Delibird is definitely not a medium challange; he would have fit better in my previous challange. After a short gap, I finally have access to my other DS and can trade some items: Incense evolves into Mirre (yes, very strange how my gifts keep morphing like that) and learns Shock Wave as her delayed Gold move. While I'm at it, I'm trading a Leaf Stone for Lights. But before I evolve: Where the hell is TM 11? (Did I wrap it already and put it under the Christmas tree?)

*the singing becomes worse* "Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad!" *finishes the final trainers in Johto while Santa is spamming his Presents* "I wanna wish you a merry Christmas.. i wanna wish you a merry christmas!"

Ah, time for the legends: Christmas Turkey Ho-oh Ho resides on the top of Ecruteak Tower while Deep Frosted Lugia has gone cold turkey deep in Whirl Island. Sigh.. Am I really required to do this annoying dungeon again? (hint: yes I am) Well, at least I know the way now. And Rudolph can finally put his Flashy nose to good use by illuminating the cave. *Mirre uses Ancient Power to act as filling before Microwaving the christmas dinner for one with a Shock Wave*

The ghost of Christmas future fastforwards me to the E-4 and the team has miraculously grinded to level 41 all around. Will is first and I decide to lead with my trusted reindeer while Santa is just chillin' in the back of the sled. Xatu manages to confuse Rudolph, but two Calm Minds and a few flashes later I gain the upper hand. A few critical hits in a row (especially that Egg Bomb!!) force me to play on my toes but the power of Calm Mind and Shadow Ball takes out E4 number one.

Next up is the Grinch aka. Koga. I decide to just incinerate him with Drummer Boy *easily does so, while humming more christmas tunes*

Lights shall have his battle with Bruno. Bruno is way too tough to appreciate a christmas tree. His Hitmonlee tries to Swagger all my pokemon to death while Lights runs away from sun boosted Blaze Kicks. He does gain my appreciation when he manages to ninja Onix out of a Sandstorm only smash him the next turn with a well aimed Chlorophyll Solarbeam. Machamp has that handy No Guard and is put to sleep by his own tricks. "Well done, Lights! At least you took down half his team!"

Mirre gets lucky and Ancient Power's boost activates during a crucial moment: Houndoom Nasty Plots and Mirre lives the boosted Flamethrower by one HP. But the boost gives her enough speed to go first and K.O. the dog before it can do any more damage. The rest of the team is simply oblitherated by Metronome and Shockwave. I wasn't aware Karen could go down this easy!

Finally I have reached Lance and the baby Dragonite! Time to deliver my gift so this silly christmas scramble can end: Mirre jumps into action and Charms her way through Lance's pokemon. But Santa has some Presents of his own: He eats my entire supply of X-items like christmas candy and soloes his way through Lance's team. The final Dragonite is served an exploding present as it sets up Safeguard. Huh.. I guess Santa delivered the wrong present to baby Jezu..I mean Dragonite!

Oh, well: Mission Accomplished! Time to fade out with a snowy landscape:
*Santa sends out a Blizzard*

*sings while the challange ends in a broadway dance finale* "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Mirre (Togekiss) - Level 42
Nature: Sassy, Item: Charti Berry
- Shock Wave (to replace Extrasensory)
- Metronome (he may use it now)
- Ancient Power
- Charm
An Absolute Beast! It soloed Chuck and Karen; When Ancient Power got the speed boosts it was my only hope of taking out Nasty Plot Houndoom. The challange itself was nice too, I liked all the little mini quests that could be completed in a small run (Although I stand by my actions of not doing the pokethlons 7x for this one. Charm ruined Lance's Gyarados, opening the chance for Santa to open his bag of X-items. I rarely used Metronome, but the few times I was allowed to were fun. It wants Airslash for Christmas!

DrummerBoy (Typhlosion) - Level 42
Nature: Jolly, Item: Charcoal
- Lava Plume
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Headbutt
He soloed Falkner, Jasmine and Koga. Lava Plume was awesome to burn stuff, I only needed Fireblast to OHKO Steelix (I suspected Flamewheel to fail). I guess Choice Scarf Eruption would have been nicer, but Sunny Day Fire Blast was good enough on him.

Rudolph (Stantler) - Level 42
Nature: Gentle, Item: Brightpower
- Shadowball
- Stomp
- Calm Mind
- Flash
Why Stomp? Because it's just that awesome. It always seems to flinch or crit on me, so I'm dead afraid to replace it. I got haxed by way to much Miltank and Rapidash with this crappy move to underestimate its ability to hax. Flash is mandatory and pretty awesome for helping a team mate complete a solo. He was useful soloing Morty and Will using Calm Mind. In his final solo, Flash and Brightpower were actually pretty nice. He was a true boss mid-game, but started to decline once Drummerboy and Mirre evolved. Intimidate made the lead restriction pretty fun, and he lead the team through the Rocket Admins and Rival Battles (I ended up soloing most gyms.. )

Lights (Victreebel) - Level 42
Nature: Bashful, Item: Shell Bell
- Razor Leaf
- Solar Beam
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day
Weepinbell even looks like a christmas light. Good choice. He really wants Sludge Bomb and for Christmas, I was too lazy to go and find it. He solo'd Pryce with a whole lot of luck (and a few resets) and horribly failed to solo Bruno. That Hitmonlee with his Blazekick was a real hinderance to my team. It seemed to get 100% confuse rate on Swagger and left me switching around all the time. Unfortunately there wasn't a proper double battle to do with Rudolph. He ninja'd Bruno's onix nicely with his Sunny Day.

Santa (Delibird) - Level 44
Nature: Bashful, Item: A bag with Presents and a fake beard (duh!)
- Present
- Attract
- Blizzard
- Fly
Yeah, I couldn't really be bothered to grind him with Present. Save that sort of thing for my next hard scramble, eh! He did solo two of Clair's pokemon using only Present and Attract. And in the end he even soloed Lance!! This guy is definitely MVP material!! Oh wait, he needed ALL X-Items I had left in my bag to do that :( Meh, he could have been way worse had I stuck with present and might have ended up a glorified HM-slave. So in that respect, good ol' Santa turned out to be quite the asset to the mini-scramble.

Sage Chow, take GRINCH the Nincada. GRINCH (yes, the caps are mandatory) is a miserable spoilsport who hates the idea of fun and enjoyment, so he tries kick sand all over those he thinks are enjoying themselves. GRINCH must know either Sand Attack or Mud Slap (which one depends on the level he was when you caught him) and must use it to spoil the fun of 20 first-stage Pokemon before he is allowed to evolve. Make sure you have an empty slot when he does, because you'll be boxing Ninjask. GRINCH hates the hail and snow of Chirstmas even more after his evolution, since it will take him out in one hit. To remedy this, he desires to spread bright sunlight everywhere and melt all the snow and ice. He must learn Sunny Day as soon as possible, and use it at the start of every other battle. Finally, since he's still a miserable old git, he must know and keep grudge at all times. He may forget Snad Attack/Mud Slap once he evolves - melting the ice is much more effective than spoiling it with sand.

Sage Chow, reject FastFlygon. Prior to the e4, you cannot obtain Nincada short of trading. So instead, I am providing you a team member: DrummerBoy the Cyndaquil. The challenges are as follows:
1) "I am a poor boy too" i.e. must be a male,
2) "I have no gift to bring" i.e. cannot use a fire move prior to Gold hatching,
3) "The ox and lamb kept time" i.e. solo 4 wild Mareep as a Cyndaquil, 4 wild Tauros as a Quilava,
4) "I played my best for him" i.e. if the goal (the "King") is Red, must learn Eruption and receive Choice Scarf before Red and solo three of his pokes with Choice Scarfed Eruption alone

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Challange Compendium (outdated x_x)

Whee!

Easy
Take Unknown the Unown.
This Unown, having been stuck in a weird ruin all its life, has so far lived in partial obscurity (to understate it a little). It wants to get out and be known! He would love that. As such, it must solo one Pokemon from every Gym Leader / Elite Four Battle not currently being competely soloed by some other Pokemon.

Good Luck; Have Fun!

Take Colourful the Archen.

Being such a colourful bird, Colourful wishes that its moves and its teammates can be similarly varied. So, after you get the fossil at the Desert Resort and Revive it, you must begin the Herculean task of appeasing its whims and fancies.

At any point in the game, Colourful's moveset must contain moves of 4 (wimp-easy mode: at least 3) different types. For example, when you get it, Pluck, Ancientpower, Agility and Quick Guard are all different types (Flying, Rock, Psychic, Fighting).

Throughout the game, Colourful begins to become bored with its current moveset. As such, you must rotate its moveset every so often, such that Colourful rotates through all the 11 (wimp-easy mode: at least 8) different types of moves it can learn (without breeding).

Similarly, Colourful wants its friends to be as colourful as him. At any point in the game after you have all 6 of your team members OR after you beat Skyla (wimp-easy mode: after Brycen) (whichever comes later), all 17 (wimp-easy mode: at least 12) types of moves must be present in your team's collective movepool.

Medium
Take a Nidoran (M) for your playthrough. It's called Spineless.

Seeing as it's part Poison Type, it has very low self esteem. To make it of any use, its self esteem must be replenished. Its esteem begins at 0, and to raise it you must complete the following tasks:

Tasks, Esteem Gain
Catch in Poke Ball. -10
Catch in Great Ball. +1
Catch in Ultra Ball. +10
Catch in Special Ball (e.g. Moon, Friend, etc.) +7

Solo Rival (any battle) +7

Solo a Gym Junior Trainer (Johto) +1
Solo a Gym Junior Trainer (Kanto) +2
Solo a Gym Leader (Johto) +5
Solo a Gym Leader (Kanto) +7
Solo Entire Gym (Johto) extra +1
Solo Entire Gym (Kanto) extra +2

Solo 1 E4 Member besides Will (round 1) +3
Solo Will (round 1) +4
Solo Lance (round 1) +7
Solo 1 E4 Member besides Will (round 2) +5
Solo Will (round 2) +6
Solo Lance (round 2) +9

Defeat ALL Kimono Girls by itself +8
Defeat ALL Lighthouse Trainers by itself +7
Defeat ALL Route 13 trainers by itself (excluding Tim and Sue) +5

Solo Catch Ho-oh +20

... Hint!Get an Ultra Ball from the Goldenrod Department Lotto.

Spineless can evolve into Wimp the Nidorino once its esteem reaches 35, and into Badass the Nidoking once its esteem reaches 75. If its esteem reaches 100, its nickname must be "Nidoking".

It's so wimpy that as a Nidoran it can only have one attacking move which must be non-STAB, and as a Nidorino it can have just two attacks: one STAB, one not. When it evolves into a Nidoking it can have three attacking moves (whether STAB or not). If it actually manages to reach 120 Esteem, it can have any moveset it likes.

In battle, it must wuss out and switch once it reaches half HP as a Nidoran. As a Nidorino, this threshold is extended to red HP, and it no longer applies as a Nidoking.

So,
-Esteem System
-Attacking Move Limitation
-Switching Out

Good Luck.

Take Regenerate the Slowpoke. This Slowpoke has lived all its life in a dream, and so thinks that it has the ability Regenerator.

When in battle, as soon as its HP hits yellow, it must switch out, and back again immediately on the next turn. Finding that it hasn't healed at all, it will insist that you then use a potion of some sort on it. Of course, you have to oblige, and you expend a potion on it.
After 3 turns, Regenerate forgets again about his ability. Hence, it forces you to let it swap out again, and back in, and the whole cycle repeats.

To evolve, Regenerate must solo either 20 wild pokemon whose levels are higher than it's, 10 regular trainers, 5 gym trainers or 1 gym leader.

After evolution, Regenerate somehow becomes a lot clearer about its ability. Hence, the period between forced switches is now 5 turns instead of 3. However, the brain power it expended on realising this has cost it a move slot.
If you so desire, you can teach it all about its ability to remove the forced switch restriction once it reaches level 42; however, this costs P50000 (toss items worth that much) and another move slot.

Whatever you choose to do, solo Agatha.

Good Luck; Have Fun.

Take Weakling the Eevee. Somehow, when this Eevee came out of the egg, it was kinda premature. And of course you don't have any centres for these situations in Pokemon, right? Of course not. You have Pokemon Centres; that's about it.

You're compassionate, right? I sure hope so. You decide to help it all you can. Feed it any combination of 10 vitamins as soon as you get it. Also, evolve it straightaway before using it at all to help strengthen it up.

Now, because it was premature, it's muscles really aren't strong enough. Hence, it can only learn moves with Base Power 64 or below.

Depending on what it evolves into, solo the corresponding trainer(s):

Flareon ~ Blaine and Lorelei
Vaporeon ~ Erika
Jolteon ~ Giovanni

Good Luck; Have Fun.

Alright, you get Ancient the Shieldon.

This Shieldon has just popped out of a fossil, and as such isn't really updated with anything past Gen I.

For example, he doesn't know about the Physical-Special split in moves yet, and so may only learn moves whose types were physical in Generation I, except for one move (see paragraph 3) To make matters worse, it doesn't even know about the "new" Steel-and Dark types yet. So, it cannot learn any Steel-or Dark-type moves.

Furthermore, its knowledge of TMs is limited to those in Gen I. So, the only TMs it can learn are those which are both TMs in Gen I and Gen IV. Don't ask why he can learn level-up moves normally; no one knows.

To evolve, Ancient must get somewhat updated with the new world around him, Especially that Special Attack and Special Defence have been split; hence, it must use a super-effective special move (with special typing), only to discover that it can't OHKO a lower-levelled Pokemon. Do this 5 times. (After this, delete the special-typed move and carry on with the restrictions).

Finally, solo Lucian to show how "in" and "hip" he is (because Lucian is totally "in", right?)

Okay, take Gambles the Abra from the Goldenrod City Game Corner.
Having lived in the Game Corner all its life, it has developed an affinity for randomness and luck.

So, whenever it attacks, flip 2 coins.
HH: Pick whatever move you like
HT: Pick any move from the left column
TH: Pick any move from the right column
TT: Use your lowest BP move (yes, this includes 0BP moves like Teleport)

Also, whenever it has the opportunity to evolve, flip another 2 coins.
HH: Evolve!
HT: No evolution. You may try again at the very next opportunity Gambles has to evolve.
TH: No evolution. You may not try again until Gambles has soloed 7 wild Pokemon or 2 trainer-owned Pokemon, even if there is an earlier opportunity to evolve.
TT: No evolution. You may not try again until Gambles has gained 2 levels, even if there is an earlier opportunity to evolve.

Finally, roll a 6-sided die.
1: Solo 2 of Karen's Pokemon
2: Solo 3 of Will's Pokemon
3: Solo 4 of Lance's Pokemon
4: Solo Clair
5: Solo Bruno
6: Solo Cianwood Gym
^ If any of the above conflict with another challange, change the result for that roll to 'Roll again'.

Take AllNatural the (whatever grass type you want). I'm so nice, aren't I?

AllNatural is a technophobe. It/She/He HATES machinery.

So no potions. Easy.
No TM/HMs. Easy.
No Pokemon Centre visits until it has fainted AND it is out of PP. Easy.
You must solo ALL steel-type Pokemon you happen across. AllNatural HATES machinery and MUST DISPOSE OF IT AHAHAHAHAHA *coff* sorry. Easy.
You must never fight any grass-types; AllNatural doesn't want to hurt nature. Easy. :D
No moves with base power above 60; AllNatural thinks that such strength is unnatural. Easy.
No Steel-type moves; so unnatural. Easy.
No evolution; AllNatural is a Creationist. Easy.
AllNatural will not stand for indiscriminate capture and hurt of Pokemon: every time you defeat a non-steel type wild Pokemon, toss out P500 worth of items.
Rejecting this is so unnatural; if you reject this you may not use potions on two of your other team members. Easy, just don't reject.

I've given you 9 easy restrictions; this Challange should be easy! *snigger*

Good Luck; Have Fun! *snigger again*

Take RivalHater the Bulbasaur.

As its name implies, it hates your rival. Not right from the start, but as it realises that your rival is pretty damn cocky.

It decides to pour all its hate out at your rival, starting from the very first encounter. It wants to slowly sap your rival's power away, and as such must use Leech Seed on every rival Pokemon it battles. You may use items on it once every (#th solo) turns, but any more and it will be unable to suppress its rage and KILL YOU (or at least whack you).

Of course, hating someone is tiring, so it takes a break between encounter 2 and 5. During this period, it may fight one wild Pokemon per route; no more.

It's too busy hating your rival, in fact, to have any energy left to evolve. No evolution. Also, it hates only your rival, and won't fight anyone else (Exp. Shares are okay, it likes wearing cute helmets.)

Soloes: Rival #1, 2, 5, 8, 9. (It doesn't want to stop Septimo and Man-o-war from hating your rival as well.)

That should do it. Good Luck; Have Fun!

Take Santa the Delibird.

(1.) Santa must learn and keep Present and any three attacking moves of your choice.
(2.) Santa's solo can be any one major solo of your choice.
(3.) Santa must use only Present at the start of that solo.
(4.) If at any point in time, Present heals the opponent twice in a row, you may use an atacking move on the next turn.
(5.) If at any point in time, Present damages the opponent twice in a row, you must use a regular Potion on Santa the next turn.

Good Luck;Have Fun!

Take Varied the Koffing.

This Koffing loves change and won't stand for anything staying the same for too long with it.

Before it can evolve into a Weezing, it must learn one move of each of the following types: Normal, Poison, Dark, Ice, Ghost, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Rock.

Furthermore, it will refuse to fight any two Pokemon from the same evolutionary line in a row (so Rhydon, Rhyhorn, Graveler is bad while Rhyhorn, Graveler Rhydon is fine). This carries between trainer battles too (If you fight one trainer's Numel as their last Pokemon, you can't fight a Numel until you fight something else).

Varied must also never use the same move twice in a row.

Solo every other trainer you meet in Victory Road with Varied.

Solo one Pokemon from every E4 member and Gym Leader not currently being soloed.

Take Wingless the Pidgey.

This Pidgey, being wingless, cannot learn any Flying-type moves.
A wingless Pidgey sure isn't normal, either: no Normal-type moves.

Now, Wingless really wishes that it had wings, which is why it's in for a pleasant surprise when you reach Celadon City. There, you meet a Scientist, who claims that if you bring him the wings of 25 flying Pokemon, the essence of 25 psychic Pokemon and the souls of 3 Gym Leader-owned Pokemon, he can restore the use of Wingless' wings.

Solo this many Pokemon with Wingless to remove the two restrictions on it.

Wingless is so overjoyed that it insists that you change its name to Wingful. Do so as soon as you reach the Name Rater.

Finally, Wingless insists on thanking you for bringing it on this adventure; solo Lance with only Return.

Good Luck; Have Fun!

Hard
Take Accursed the Yamask. Catch it on your first visit to the Desert Resort.

Once Accursed reaches Level 29, teach it Curse. It must use Curse on every opponent it meets. If it faints after using Curse (either from the opponent’s attack or from the half HP damage), note it down. If this counter reaches 4, it loses a move slot. Now pick any section of your bag besides your Key Items pouch, you may not use anything from that section any more. If the counter reaches 6, another move slot and bag section are lost. If it reaches 8, yet another move slot and bag section are lost. Finally, if it reaches 10, you lose a bag slot and your remaining Pokemon are all permanently under the effects of Taunt and Torment (unless it conflicts another Challange). To evolve into Cofagrigus, have 50 opponent Pokemon faint from the effects of curse. Accursed must solo one Gym Leader and one Elite Four member (of your choice).

If you reject this Challenge, the rest of your Pokemon are afflicted with Taunt and Torment (unless it conflicts another Challange).

Take a Tepig. Name it Piggy X (where X is the number of the hide tab you choose later)

After Cheren and Bianca leave the lab on your first brief visit there, Professor Juniper takes you aside and shows you five Pokeballs, each with a Tepig inside. She takes the one you have currently from you. Each of them has a label; pick one.

Hide Tab 1: This little piggy went to market said:
This Tepig has been to the market once, but that has been enough to cloud its little mind over once and turn it into a shopaholic. It will stop at nothing to shop, not even caring about the health of its fellow teammates as it charges towards the cashiers. Hence, every time you go into a Pokemon Center, you must buy something from each cashier OR buy ten things from either cashier (not including mail, those are dumb). If you have no money to buy something, the shopaholic goes into a sulk and refuses to come back out until the next city. Period.
Hide Tab 2: This little piggy stayed at home said:
After staying at home for so long, this Tepig has become somewhat of a recluse. Hence, every time you reach a new city or town (not PC, so no Battle Subway PCs) in your travels, take it out of the PC if it is already in, or place it in if it is currently in your party. It must solo any three Gym Leaders to evolve.
Hide Tab 3: This little piggy had roast beef said:
This Tepig ate one piece of roast beef. Just one. I swear. It is, however, now obsessed with roast beef and will maim and devour all quadrupeds it meets, just to get its meat fix. Disgusting, I know. So, it will have to solo every single quadruped you come across before except bugs (those are disgusting). Done.
Hide Tab 4: This little piggy had none said:
After being starved and made to go without any form of sustenance for so long, this Tepig is now severely malnourished and doesn’t have the strength to evolve; being a Pignite or Emboar would make its body too heavy to carry around. Hence, it cannot evolve or use any move above 60BP until you feed it 20 vitamins. After this, the cap is increased to being a Pignite and moves with power at or below 70BP. If you feed it another 20 vitamins, all caps are removed, but you must feed it another vitamin after each Rival, Elite Four, N or Ghetsis battle to keep it pumped. Failure to do so means it cannot attack for the next two battles.
Hide Tab 5: And this little piggy cried "whee whee whee" all the way home said:
This Tepig is your average coward; unable to do anything dangerous without wetting its pants. Hence, whenever its HP reaches yellow, he must be immediately removed from battle. If it goes down to red, it suffers severe trauma and cannot be used until the next city. If it actually faints, then no using it until the Pokemon League. In fact, even evolution is scary for it, so no evolving it either. Sorry. At least be glad this guy isn’t Vanguard.
That creative enough for you?

Take Lazy the Dunsparce.

This Dunsparce just likes sitting around all day doing nothing, but can battle somewhat if it needs to.

Whenever Lazy is in battle, it constantly states that it is "too tired" for anything. Hence, it may only attack once every 3 turns. All the other turns, it must use a non-damaging move or an item.

As the game progresses, Lazy becomes even more slackeriffic. As soon as it hits level 33 (which it must hit before Gym # 6), it learns Roost. It must now attack as follows: Attack, Roost, Other Move/Item, Roost, Attack, Roost, Other Move/Item, Roost, etc. If at any point it runs out of Roost pp, it refuses to do any more and hops back into your party, pushing out a team member who just *happens* to be weak to your opponent's STAB move.

Lazy also needs constant sustenance for its "tiring and stressing" job. As such, it will refuse to battle unless it is holding a berry to chew on. Mmm.

The thing about Dunsparces, though, is that no matter how much of a bum they may be, they have survival instincts. Well, kinda. As soon as Dunsparce's health hits red, it must do nothing but attack until it faints. If it manages to bring down the opponent's Pokemon first, it tells itself it deserves a little rest in the PC Box. Leave it in there (if you can), and don't take it out until the next new PC you encounter. If it faints, it is so traumatised that it cannot attack until you go to a Pokemon Center and heal it, even if you revive it.

I know what you're thinking: you can just get Dunsparce to level 33, then use it as healfodder. Well, Lazy wants to prove that he's not a slacker, unlike what you think. As such, it must perform any two of the following three Herculean tasks:

TASK 1 *gasp* said:
Lazy must win every medal in the Pokeathlon and be on a team which breaks at least 5 first-place records.
TASK 2 *oh the horror* said:
Lazy must solo every trainer in one Gym (including the Gym Leader)
TASK 3 *faint* said:
Lazy must survive 12 consecutive trainer battles without using any items or going to a Pokemon Center.
IF you choose to reject this, Lazy becomes so insenced that it miraculously breaks thefourth wall and forces you to reserve a slot on your scramble for Treadshot A1 (if he doesn't mind giving you a Challange). If he is too busy, you must apply the lazy restriction (paragraph 3) to another Pokemon on your party.

Take Reversal the Darumaka.

You know how Challanges generally ease up on the restrictions as they go along? Well, it's quite the opposite for this Darumaka.

Catch Reversal at the Desert Resort or Route 4 (whatever). It has no restrictions until you reach level 22, when it learns Fire Punch. You must immediately enter Nimbasa City Gym and solo as many trainers in a row without any form of healing. The number of trainers you manage to defeat will determine your later restrictions.

0 Trainers Beaten said:
No STAB moves, no evolution, no TM/HM moves
1 Trainer Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 89, no evolution, no TM moves
2 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 99, no HM moves
3 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 119
4 Trainers Beaten said:
No restrictions
Wow said:
Cool story bro
These restrictions last until you reach Twist Mountain. After this, the restrictions become as such:

0 Trainers Beaten said:
No STAB moves, no evolution, no TM/HM moves, permanent Taunt effect, permanent Choiced effect
1 Trainer Beaten said:
No STAB moves, no moves with BP above 69, no evolution, no TM moves, permanent Taunt effect, permanent Torment effect
2 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 89, no TM moves, permanent Torment effect
3 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 99, no HM moves
4 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 119
These new restrictions last until you reach the Pokemon League. The final set of restrictions:

0 Trainers Beaten said:
No STAB moves, no evolution, no TM/HM moves, permanent Taunt effect, permanent Choiced effect
1 Trainer Beaten said:
No STAB moves, no moves with BP above 69, no evolution, no TM moves, permanent Taunt effect, permanent Torment effect
2 Trainers Beaten said:
No STAB moves, no moves with BP above 89, no TM moves, permanent Torment effect
3 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 99, no TM moves
4 Trainers Beaten said:
No moves with BP above 99
GL;HF!

Insane
Take Comatose the Scyther.

As soon as this Scyther woke up this morning, it got encountered by a trainer, stuffed into a ball smaller than the size of its head and trooped off for show. It won first prize, but, well, its day wasn't off to a really good start.

Ever since that morning, this Scyther has developed an irrational fear for balls.

All balls.

*start Challange*

Hence, while it is out in battle, you cannot throw any balls. Also, it refuses to be placed into a Ball while it is still conscious and hence must always be the walking Pokemon with you and cannot be recalled unless it is asleep or has fainted. And, every time it faints, it gets kinda pissed off. Evidently, since you don't care enough about it to keep it conscious, it doesn't need to care about you. Why should it learn the moves you want to teach it?

So, after Scyther faints once, it will refuse to learn any HMs you try to teach it.

After it faints twice or more, it's had it. It's enough to fall into a life-threatening coma once, but twice? Great Arceus' Balls! (Oh no not balls please nooooo) At this point, Scyther will reject any moves you try to teach it whose base power is above 40. Before you think you can get away with Technician boosts, you should know that this Scyther failed its vocational training degree. So Technician is out. Sorry.

Move tutors are somewhat better; they don't leave it to die when it encounters a giant flaming bird of death. So, it can learn move tutor moves, but only those adhering to the above restrictions (depending on how many times Scyther has died fallen into a coma).

By the time it reaches Kanto, it's had enough of you humans. Every time it faints from now on, it will subsequently sneak into your backpack and toss out the first TM it finds. After a while, it realises it's run out of TMs to toss. If you ever run out of TMs to toss, toss out five items from your main compartment. And, of course, it won't go near the ball compartment.

When it finally reaches Blue, it goes all out and spares no expense to annoy you. It will only use moves which are resisted by the opponent, just to piss you off. If it doesn't have any moves resisted by the opponent, it will choose to use False Swipe, because it doesn't want other Pokemon to share the same fate as it has, fainting over and over and over again.

Ever since it won the prize in the Bug-Catching Contest, it can never forget the glory of being number one. As such, it must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party.

Good luck; you'll need it.

Take Phobia the *any Pokemon which can evolve*. Phobia is afraid of so many things you can lose count of them:

Fear of Change - Phobia cannot evolve. [10]
Fear of Heights - Phobia cannot be in the party when you use Fly. [3]
Fear of Water - Phobia cannot be in the party when Surfing. (does not apply if Phobia was caught in water) [3]
Fear of Sharp Objects - No slash-based moves, e.g. Cut, Slash, X-Scissor. No STAB. [10]
Fear of Being Useless - Phobia must switch in every major battle (e.g. Gym Leader, Elite Four, N, Rival, etc.) [5]
Fear of Loneliness - Phobia must always be accompanied in the box by at least one other party member. [5]
Fear of the Dark - Phobia cannot be in the party when in caves. (does not apply if Phobia was caught in a cave) [5]
Fear of Being Unliked - Phobia's moves cannot be above 60BP. [7]
Fear of Foreigners - Phobia cannot attack other Pokemon which it does not share typing with. [7]
Fear of Being Left Out - Phobia's moves must all be known by other Pokemon on the party. [6]
Fear of Dying - Phobia must swap out when down to yellow or lower health. [6]
Fear of Disease - Phobia must always hold a Lum Berry. [4]

However, it learns to overcome its fears as it grows. When it reaches certain levels, it gains Anti-Phobic Points which it can use to offset some of its fears. the number of points needed to get rid of each fear is listed next to the fear, and the points it gains are as follows:

Level 13 - +2 points
Level 21 - +2 points
Level 42 - +3 points
Level 55 - +3 points
Level 75 - +5 points

There are also therapists in some cities; however they charge Pokes for treatment.

Castelia City - 150 000 Pokes / Point
Mistralton City - 294 000 Pokes / 2 Points
Opelucid City - 425 000 Pokes / 3 Points

If you want to use a therapist, go to the city with Phobia and toss goods equal to the cost.

GL;HF!

Treadshot A1
Take FiftyOne the (any Pokemon you want). This Pokemon is obsessed with the number 51, and hence everything it does must follow accordingly.

-When its moves' statistics are typed out in PP/BP/ACC form, a complete '51' must be formed at one point. (e.g. Vine Whip 15/35/100 is okay, Strength 15/80/100 is not)
-FiftyOne must solo all Pokemon whose levels are 51.
-FiftyOne must also solo all trainer-owned Pokemon of the following species you come across: Dugtrio, Arbok, Seaking, Cascoon, Scolipede, Parasect, Luxray, Rampardos, Drapion. If you can figure out why, this restriction can be removed.
-FiftyOne may also only participate in a maximum of 51 battles throughout the entire game. This includes the above-mentioned soloes. For each Pokemon you go over by, trash 51 items or P51000 worth of items, whichever one comes later.
-Only a maximum of 51 items may be used on FiftyOne; this includes held items.
-Furthermore, FiftyOne may only hold held items for a maximum of 51 battles, even if FiftyOne does not participate in them.
-FiftyOne may only battle on routes whose numbers are a factor or multiple of 51. (i.e. 1, 3, 17, 51, 102, 153, ...) OR the 3rd gym city (because 3 is a factor of 51)
-FiftyOne may only hold held items on routes which are relatively prime to 51; i.e. they share no common factors. (e.g. 7 is fine, 9 is not because both 9 and 51 are divisible by 3)

Good Luck; Have Fun!

Take a Voltorb named Kamikaze. This Voltorb likes exploding; hence, once it learns Selfdestruct or Explosion those must be the only moves it ever uses.

Also, it is jealous of other exploders and is worried that they may usurp its position. Hence, it must solo some of the hardest potential exploders (yes with just Selfdestruct or Explosion):

Both Liza and Tate's Lunatone and Solrock;
Sidney's Shiftry;
Both of Glacia's Glalies;
Both of Steven's Claydol and Metagross.

Yes, you can use items but no Leppa Berries, Ethers, Elixirs, Max Ethers or Max Elixirs except out of battle.
If at any point you run out of PP, you must restart the battle.

Last restriction: Kamikaze hasn't got hands. Hence, no held items for it.

Hard enough?

Merry Christmas Scramblers! Since it has been forever since I posted in this thread, I would like to request an Emerald Scramble. I want fun and unique challanges. Other than that, any thing goes. Scramble away!

Reserving Random the Harriama for Talkinglion :D

Ok, you get Random the Harriama. Because this is my Sig Challange, you know that Metronome is involved :). As such, teach him Metronome ASAP and Max it's PP.

This so far is standard for my "Random" Challange, right? Well, I'll up the chances of randomness :)

Random learns a total of 14 moves by level up in gen 3. RNG one of this moves and keep it forever.

Random learns 23 TMs and HMs in the 3rd gen, so RNG 2 moves for him to keep forever.

Now for the fun part. RNG one of the Seven gyms (yes seven, you cannot get Random until after the first) and have him solo the leader. RNG a member of the E4 and have him solo that one.

Finally have Random use Metronome first in every battle he participates in.

Note: if you RNG the Psychic Gym, Random can have one RNG'd teammate from your scramble partners to help him. Same goes for the Ghost E4 if that is what you RNG.

Good luck and have fun :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)