NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Lightwolf. Hosted by Spiffy and Walrein

It is the year 1066 in an alternate dimension. The Battle of Hastings has been won by the British Army, led by King Harold II. With this turning point, Harold’s armies slowly expelled the Normans from the British Isles and declared the founding of a new Kingdom. Harold was a wise and benevolent ruler, and the Kingdom prospered.

Fast forward to 1082. Harold II is long dead of a heart attack, and his son has taken his place on the throne. This son, a rather lazy person, has ordered his troops to go far to the east and bring back entertainment. Their ship has just arrived back in the Kingdom with a young Japanese boy on board. The boy is taken to a workshop, where he is ordered to create entertainment for the king.

The boy, whose name is Shigeru, has created a marvelous invention that he has dubbed a “video game”. The game in question has been titled Majora’s Mask. The king is very eager to play this game. However, the technology for said game is a bit faulty, and when the game was turned on, some characters escaped from the cartridge. These Majora’s Maskians are supremely pissed off about being ripped from their homeworld, and they proceed to go on a murderous rampage, starting with a pair of teenage boys who happened to be standing right outside the king’s chambers.

Dear Spiffy, you are the Servant.

You are the person the king calls on when he needs anything done, whether it be feeding him grapes, pouring him more wine, or impersonating a footrest. Though the people generally treat you like trash, you are vital to the Kingdom and would do anything to fight off the Majora’s Maskians.

You have no night action.

You are allied with the Kingdom. You win if the Majora’s Maskians and any other threats are eliminated.
Dear Walrein, you are the Scholar.

A young student at the Kingdom’s top academy, you are on a very short leash as far as grades are concerned. Even a slight slip could get you grounded and subsequently accused of masturbating. Nonetheless, you will attempt to put your studies to good use in defending the Kingdom from the Majora’s Maskians.

Every Night, you can send a PM to Spiffy and Walrein entitled: “NX - Write an OP for USER’s game”. You will create an OP for lazy USER’s mafia game, and in exchange you will receive their full role PM.

You are currently holding the Cohost Label. You can not pass this item. At night, you can send a PM to Spiffy and Walrein entitled: “NX - NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION, USER”. You will rage at USER for breaking the primary rule of NOC and godkill them. Only Spiffy can stop this action.

You are allied with the Kingdom. You win if the Majora’s Maskians and any other threats are eliminated.
With the death of these two boys, the fight against the Majora’s Maskians has begun.

1. You may not talk about the game, with anyone apart for the host, outside of the game thread, unless it is specified in your role PM.

2. Once you are dead, you may not talk to ANY LIVING PLAYER about the game. Please refrain from posting in the thread once you are dead, other than a “bah I’m dead” post.

3. You may not, under any circumstance, quote any part of a Role PM, Result PM, or any other game-related PM that you might receive. Paraphrase if you feel the need to reveal your role in the thread. Do not quote anything the host tells you unless the person you are telling is listed in your role PM. This obviously means no screenshots of anything game-related as well.

4. You may edit and delete your posts if you want to, but don’t think the other players won’t notice!

5. The game will begin on Night 0. Night 0 (and all other Nights for that matter) will last 48 hours. Kills are invalid Night 0. All other roles may be used. If you ever want to idle your action, you must PM Spiffy and Walrein with “NX - Idling” so we know that you are still active.

6. Days will not have a deadline. A day will end when majority (>50% of votes in the game are cast for one player) is reached. During the day, a lynch will take place. In order to cast a vote, type the user’s name that you’d like to vote for in bold. You may use any type of flavor you want. Your vote will not count unless the player’s name is bolded. If you’d like to retract your vote, please edit out the boldness of your previous vote. You are then free to cast another vote if you choose.

7. Cardflip is on. This means that players’ roles will be revealed upon their death.

8. You may not post in the thread at night.

9. There are items in this game. They can only be passed at night. If you’d like to pass an item, PM Walrein and Spiffy with: “NX - Passing <itemname> to USER”, in addition to any other night actions that you’d be performing.

10. All inspections on the mafia group (whose name be revealed when the game begins) will be 100% accurate. However not all inspections will be 100% accurate!

11. If your role PM contains information that contradicts these rules, the role PM wins.

12. You must be active. This means actively posting in the thread as well as sending action PMs whenever you have to. If you are inactive, you will be subbed out.

13. If you want to request a role, contact Spiffy via IRC or Smogon PM with your request. Keep in mind that even if you request a role, you are not guaranteed to get it!

14. If you have any questions, contact Spiffy or Walrein via IRC or Smogon PM.

Some other things to note:
-Majora’s Maskians have been given safeclaims.
-Obviously, if you have no night action or day actions to perform, you do not have to send in an idling PM.
-READ THE RULES
-Tie=no lynch
-Spiffy is lame

Updates
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5v1
Day 5v2
Night 5
Day 6
Night 6
Day 7
Night 7
Day 8

Player List
Alive (8)
askaninjask Layell
Brammi Ace Emerald
Crux
Infinity.Cypher Staraptor Call UllarWarlord Engineer Pikachu (please no more subs for this role @_@)
Jalmont MrcRanger97 Pokemonrocks777
Lady Salamence DetroitLolcat
Rediamond
TalkingLion Dummy007

Dead (16)
Coronis wickdaggler - The Knight - Bodyguard - The Kingdom - Dagger through the heart N1
UncleSam Cereza - The Peasant - Vanillager - The Kingdom - Lynched D2
Steven Snype Snike - William Shakespeare - Vanillager (holding the Parchment) - I can't remember but it was overkill N2
Quagsires - The Happy Mask Salesman - One Time Redirect/One Time Item Switch - Majora's Maskians - Lynched D3
Yeti - The Princess - Vanillager - The Kingdom - Staked N3
Ditto j-squared - The King - Vanillager - The Kingdom - Lynched D4
Leethoof - The Moon - Twin/Day Doubler - The Kingdom - Aquanauts'd N4
Blue_Tornado - The Spy - Fragile Inspector - The Kingdom - Lynched D5v1
Metal Bagon loudkirbyking - The Viscount - Vanillager - The Kingdom - Lynched D5v2
kingofkongs - The Deku Butler - Ability Check=>Inspect - Majora's Maskians - Axe in the throat N5
nEsp Empoof Acklow - The Sorcerer - Safeguard - The Kingdom - Trouted N5
Paperblade - Cremia - Milk Maker - Majora's Maskians - Axe in the throat N6
billymills - The Shopkeeper - Vanillager - The Kingdom - Axe in the throat N7
Kaxtar jumpluff - The Lord - Vanillager - The Kingdom - Godkilled D8
zorbees - The Executioner - One-Time Vigilante - The Kingdom - Godkilled D8

MK Ultra SoulTorrent Mithril - The Sun - Twin/Night Doubler - The Kingdom - Lynched D8

Role PMs are currently going out. You may post “glhf” posts, but nothing of substance until Day1!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
billymills sux
I also have strong suspicions of billymills for suxing.

edit: dam zorbees got me :(

edit 2: trololol this is what the hosts get for allowing editing of posts

also I wished to announce that askaninjask smells like week-old beer and hotdogs and as such I also suspect him of being mafia.

All Role PMs have been sent. It is now Night 0. Kills are invalid on Night 0. Night 0 will end 48 hours from this post.
You can still post glhf posts with no substance! Do not talk about the game.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
UncleSam said:
edit 2: trololol this is what the hosts get for allowing editing of posts
I remember NOCed Down Mafia had editing allowed. Of course there was no cardflip.

Edit: I am absolutely, in no way, shape, or form, going to say that I actually wanted to sub. Because I don't.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Generic Good Luck post.

Also if i get randlynched again for trolling I will give sheet access to everyone in this game and see how it turns out.
the fact kok said Generic GL post implies that he is wishing luck to both the village and the mafia. Why would a villager wish luck to both village and mafia? a villager should only wish luck to the village. for that reason, i suspect kok is a mafia.

lynch kingofkongs

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
the fact kok said Generic GL post implies that he is wishing luck to both the village and the mafia. Why would a villager wish luck to both village and mafia? a villager should only wish luck to the village. for that reason, i suspect kok is a mafia.

lynch kingofkongs
Notice how in Snype's analysis of who i am wishing luck to he fails to mention the possibility of any neutrals, obviously not wanting to give his own role away. Therefore, I believe that Snype is a Wolf.

lynch Steven Snype

Day 1

Other than the faint, indiscernible whispers of the Majora’s Maskians trying to communicate, the Kingdom was very quiet last night. As you are all awakening peacefully from your slumbers, a hoarse voice accompanied with a bell rang to indicate that it was a brand new day in the Kingdom!
Hoarse voice said:
Olny cool plpeoe can raed tihs
As you exit your houses and enter the town square, you all notice that there were no dead bodies!
“Yay!” billymills exclaimed with glee. “Spiffy and Walrein weren’t lying to us for once!”
“billymills sux.” Yeti replies.
The merriment immediately erased from every one's faces when they recalled their purpose for all gathering in the town square this beautiful day.

Someone was going to die today.

It is now Day 1. Results are going out. Please do not post anything until all results are out. The hosts will announce when you can post.

All results are out! If you sent in an action but did not receive a result PM, assume that the action succeeded.

You may now post in the thread. Day 1 will end when majority is reached.

If you feel you should have received a result PM but didn't, please notify Spiffy or Walrein!

UncleSam

Leading this village
DIVINE CLAIRVOYANCE SHINE UPON THEE

All N0 actions are in.
Well done everyone!

I am going to wait for Walrein to come on IRC before I update unless he takes too long.
Well now we all know who the bitch is in that relationship.

Anyway, I have a number of penetrating insights to enlighten all of you with:
-The announcer did not drop a hint as to who he was, thus proving his role and giving the rest of the Kingdom a person to rally around. This confirms that the announcer is a fucking retard, and after careful analysis I have narrowed down the identity of this mysterious buffoon to a limited number of users:
Possible Retards said:
Raverist
kingofkongs
However, after meticulously studying the player's list, it appears that Raverist is not playing in this game, thus ensuring that kingofkongs is the retarded announcer.

Now, this raises a few questions. Such as, why would the announcer not want the Kingdom to rally around one trusted user? Who would want to spread such chaos? I gave this matter quite a bit of thought, and have arrived at one, unequivocal conclusion:

It is clear that this announcer is a mafian is disguise! After looking back at the evidence in this thread, I think that all the incriminating evidence in this case points back to one evil, criminal puppeteering mastermind announcer: kingofkongs! Here are a but a few examples of his mastermindery:
kingofkongs said:
Generic Good Luck post.

Also if i get randlynched again for trolling I will give sheet access to everyone in this game and see how it turns out.
Here kingofkongs wishes to lull everyone into a false sense of security with his wishing everyone a (highly sarcastic imo) "good luck", clearly indicating that he is wishing only a few specific users good luck! He then proceeds to attempt to trick all of us simple Kingdom folk with a bluff threatening to destroy the game if we attempt to defend our humble kingdom from his evil ways! However, it is somewhat possible that he is simply confounded by the lack of macaroni found thus far in this thread, and is expressing his desire for some by threatening to chop off Walrein's (reportedly) tiny and shriveled phallus (reportedly due to excessive masturbation) by ruining his mafia game, which would then cause Walrein to go into a furious rage and render his balls inert.

However, I think this line of reasoning is unwise due to his later posts, for example:
kingofkongs said:
Notice how in Snype's analysis of who i am wishing luck to he fails to mention the possibility of any neutrals, obviously not wanting to give his own role away. Therefore, I believe that Snype is a Wolf.

lynch Steven Snype
Note how when someone calls him out on his majoras-esque schemery, he immediately goes on the defensive...but only in so far as to label the one attacking him a "wolf". Now, why would a Kingdomer accuse an accuser of being wolf when it is much more likely that an accuser would be a criminally insane moon-summoner bent on world destruction? Another possibility is that he is feeling guilty about the lack of full moons in the impending future and consequent lack of werewolfs due to his villainous attempts to destroy our humble kingdom with it, but I think that something far more devious is at play here.

I'll tell you, after this brief commercial break. In the meantime, please enjoy staring at this adorable panda, which the United States has and Canada does not (further cementing the fact that billymills sux).

...back here, in any case, all of this incriminating evidence of the moon howling kingofkongs comes to one inevitable front in his most recent post, which he quickly deleted in a devious attempt to hide his true intentions in this life-and-death struggle:
kingofkongs said:
It was a day just like any other.

I, kingofkongs, had grabbed a box of tissues, a bottle of lotion, and my favorite reading material: the 2011 Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. I was preparing for a solid hour of entertainment.

But there WAS something different about this day: I had forgotten to lock my bedroom door.

My mother, a wonderful creature, came to my room to offer me a divine meal of ham sandwiches for lunch. Upon arriving at my door, she became quite puzzled by my moans of ecstasy and inquired about the nature of my activities. When I was unable to provide an answer, she opened the door and crossed the threshold of my bedroom.

What she saw shocked and astonished her. My beautiful, massive phallus was hanging out the front of my trousers, and a Kleenex was hanging limp in my right hand, which glistened with lotion. The trash can I had placed in front of me was filled to the brim with semen.

My mother, a devoutly religious woman, threw the trash can out my bedroom window, shoved the Kleenex down my throat, and shoved my wonderful phallus into the disk drive of my computer.

This is why I was offline for the week, and why I yielded to the seductive advances of the majora's maskians when they recruited me, thus giving up my honor and precious virginity in the hopes of one day having real friends (before the moon kills us all).

Now, this admission bears some striking similarities to one recently made by the sinner Walrein...which begs the question: would a simple kingdomer commit such blatant plagiarism? Would such a nefarious act, worthy of expulsion from all but the lowest of preparatory academia, ever occur to a simple minded, honest and trustworthy defender of the Kingdom?

The answer my friends is no, and is why I, in an effort to maintain order and justice, am now going to cast my decisive vote for this rascal!

Vote kingofkongs (changed)

UncleSam

Leading this village
I thank theangryscientist for providing us with delicious irony before D1 even started.

*RNG 1-24*=3

Not doing that.

*RNG 1-24*=22

Vote: UncleSam

This is your lucky day!
I did not notice this post while posting my astounding evidence for kingofkongs, but I highly question the veracity of anyone who runs an RNG twice.

More seriously, I think that billymills is likely to be mafia because he has been village in every other NOC game AFAIK and I (knowing how Walrein thinks about making players certain roles) know that Walrein would see that and want to even out the role distribution just a bit. Obviously this is not real evidence, but it is food for thought.

I'm going to assume half an hour was enough time to think that one up. Also, @Sam: it's a random vote. And, yeah, I could have voted for myself (I'm #3 on the list if it wasn't obvious) but that wouldn't be bringing us anywhere.

Will be back in approx. 19 hours. RVS better end until then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)