NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

IMO Ditto raged a little and said "fuck it" to try and make a point. I don't think that we should care all that much for the moment. That sort of behavior has been used by both desperate mafia and annoyed villagers in the past, and I don not think that Ditto is desperate at this point. Therefore, I'm inclined to think villager at the moment. Even if you do interpret his actions as scummy, I still think that there are bigger fish to fry atm and we should use our lynch on a more suspicious person (TL, Unclesam depending on your views, potentially Quagsires or Brammi).

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
did you HAVE TO QUOTE THE WHOLE THING RIGHT ABOVE YOU

HOLY PISS

L2LINK

Point 1: That is why I said I want to see more (serious) posts from billymills, to see if we can explain his strange actions before vs. the shift, when called into question.
Point 2: Brammi had suggested me for the lynch, to get reads all around, not you. I simply don't feel that I have enough information, and that D1 there ISN'T enough information, for a quality user like me with such insight, to post reads yet. It's not that I will SPITE THIS VILLAGE for lynching me, I simply have nothing overly telling to say yet, as Brammi seems to rightfully think I will have to say, and thus, imo, we should not lynch someone who could have valid opinions anyway.
Point 3: I do not advocate the LS lynch strongly, but, there are certainly worse targets. Certainly better ones as well. She is for sure a useless role, possibly a scum, but likely just a dumb villager.

I second the call for Quagsires to give more input, as well as reiterating my call for users with small PC in the game so far to include an analysis of Ditto.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
IMO Ditto raged a little and said "fuck it" to try and make a point. I don't think that we should care all that much for the moment. That sort of behavior has been used by both desperate mafia and annoyed villagers in the past, and I don not think that Ditto is desperate at this point. Therefore, I'm inclined to think villager at the moment. Even if you do interpret his actions as scummy, I still think that there are bigger fish to fry atm and we should use our lynch on a more suspicious person (TL, Unclesam depending on your views, potentially Quagsires or Brammi).
Yo Kaxtar you literally have not raised any suspicions about me that I can remember in your other posts and now you are listing me as the second best target for the lynch with some bullshit qualifier that just screams "well if I put this in I can say 'hey man don't blame me' later". Could you please explain this, explain why you think Quagsires or Brammi are good potential lynches (I agree with you on both of those, as should be obvious by my Quagsires vote and recent pressure on Brammi), and explain more thoroughly why there are "bigger fish to fry" than Ditto?

UncleSam

Leading this village
unclesam how come every time someone even comes close to accusing you in their post you immediately jump to your own defense?
You're right when people just say "hey I think UncleSam is a pretty good lynch" I should just sit around and not say anything about it. That's much more constructive than asking WHY a user who has posted like three times thinks that.

fair enough.

i guess i'm just annoyed that you seem to be centering this entire game around yourself which is a bit ridiculous. maybe you should just let other people try and run the discussion a bit?
i mean if you search "unclesam" itt than you will get more results than every other user v_v

My opinion of Ditto hasn't changed too much. At the beginning, he was posting a lot about the numbers of mafia, which could hint at scum posting wrong information on purpose to seem less suspicious. He also seems a bit defensive and overreacts too much when someone claimed he was partly scummy. And now he is being "suicidal" and lynching himself, to make himself seem like he is not that suspicious. Anyway, i want to hear more from other users, such as Quagsires and Metal Bagon before I decide on my lynch.

Something I forgot to mention:

If a USER holding an item is lynched, the item is RNG'd to someone that voted for that USER.

If a USER holding an item is killed, the killer gets the item.

Wow can I get distracted...

Unclesam, I have no problem with you listing all the suspicions on people. I appreciate you applying pressure and believe it can give results. I do have a problem when you're saying there's one person out of everyone that's good, since that's giving information to the mafia (unless, of course, you are. I am counting requests to post more with that). Had you said ALL as some sort of suspicious, I would have no objection, as that is fair and gives no info.

nESP, I state that only because an inactive is contributing nothing; an active contributes, even if it is babble like some people think posts are. I should have been clearer, I reiterate the beliefs of others that it is hard to get any good info from a lynch today. We can try to lynch a mafia, but many already agree, it's rolling a die at this point.

I reiterate my beliefs in Pblade being mafia, but I am starting to see some more discussion and talk within his more recent posts except in regarding as to why wick over the other two, but I think I will keep my vote on him until he explains why he reacted that way to US' post (I'd mention his silence as well, but looking back he has posted more than I thought, and I'm guilty of that, though I don't expect to post more than a couple times a day, not much more than usual). For those who can't see what I'm referring to on Pblade, it's here, somewhat far back. Not many pick apart Sam's posts like that and rebute them, though in retrospect it is not the only example, but nevertheless it combined with what I have said already I believe makes a vote warranted.

I would like to point out that there is a difference between babble and stupidity, and while lynching someone based off of a stupid decision or lack of understanding (My opinions: Rediamond, wickdaggler, etc.) are actually less likely to be mafia, since I'd think people would be more careful about their statements if they were mafia, and it is possible they would receive help before posting.

MB, I'm not bent on you being subbed, I am simply stating I don't hold you in high regards as to competency in the past (Roots is a great example). Prove me wrong.

I would also reiterate to some of the new users, Unclesam had a valid point in saying WHY things are done is important, as many people are just voting without even trying to (if we need examples, I will show them).

If anyone was wanting another suspicion of mine besides Paperblade, since its clear more needs to be said, I would mention MK, who I am surprised at how little he is posting (despite having the handicap of being British), since from what I've seen everywhere he is a good mafia player and an active one.

did you HAVE TO QUOTE THE WHOLE THING RIGHT ABOVE YOU

HOLY PISS

L2LINK

Point 1: That is why I said I want to see more (serious) posts from billymills, to see if we can explain his strange actions before vs. the shift, when called into question.
Point 2: Brammi had suggested me for the lynch, to get reads all around, not you. I simply don't feel that I have enough information, and that D1 there ISN'T enough information, for a quality user like me with such insight, to post reads yet. It's not that I will SPITE THIS VILLAGE for lynching me, I simply have nothing overly telling to say yet, as Brammi seems to rightfully think I will have to say, and thus, imo, we should not lynch someone who could have valid opinions anyway.
Point 3: I do not advocate the LS lynch strongly, but, there are certainly worse targets. Certainly better ones as well. She is for sure a useless role, possibly a scum, but likely just a dumb villager.

I second the call for Quagsires to give more input, as well as reiterating my call for users with small PC in the game so far to include an analysis of Ditto.
Thanks for the blatant misrep. I said a wagon on you would yield information rich reactions. I even said that the approach would only work if noone was an idiot and hammered unduly.

Ok here's some more thoughts. i will do my best not to echo previous posters.

Ditto: He's got a lot of one liners, and I mean a lot of them. And there's also the fact that he seems suicidal. The thing is, it's early in the game. I can understand being suicdal towards the latter parts of games (like me in the beginner NOC), but at the beginning seems very questionable. If I'm a village towards the beginning of the game, I'm not going to give up so easily. I'm going to fight to stay alive, not immediately give up. I think Ditto's behaviour is very questionable right now, but I'm not sure if its enough to warrant a lynch.

Metal Bagon: So he has made a couple posts since I last posted, but I've still got a bad feeling about him. He doesn't say why he hasnt been active here, yet he has been posting in all other forums, and even posted in another mafia game. I would like if he could explain his inactivity.

UncleSam: I want to bring up this topic on him wanting the announcer to claim. Looking over his posts, he says that the announcer claiming that it will bring "a basis for discussion." The thing is, how does the announcer claiming bringing about more discussion? It looks to me that the fact that LS claimed while ignoring everyone else who was telling the announcer not to claim appears a little suspicious to me. Which brings me to...

Lady Salamence: I'm pretty sure you're not an idiot, and even though you may be new to NOC, it's kinda hard for me to believe that you just ignored everyone else's advice to not claim, but listened to US instead. What's even weirder is that in an earlier post you said that you don't read US' posts. I guess you might have been trolling, but the impression I got from your first post was that you were being serious. Clarifying this would be very kind of you.

I will post more thoughts on other people later, and if anyone wants my specific thoughts on someone let me know.

Edit: Also @@vote Leethoof@@
I haven't seen you post for a bit, so if you could post with more detailed explanations on people you suspect, that would be nice.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok here's some more thoughts. i will do my best not to echo previous posters.

Ditto: He's got a lot of one liners, and I mean a lot of them. And there's also the fact that he seems suicidal. The thing is, it's early in the game. I can understand being suicdal towards the latter parts of games (like me in the beginner NOC), but at the beginning seems very questionable. If I'm a village towards the beginning of the game, I'm not going to give up so easily. I'm going to fight to stay alive, not immediately give up. I think Ditto's behaviour is very questionable right now, but I'm not sure if its enough to warrant a lynch.

Metal Bagon: So he has made a couple posts since I last posted, but I've still got a bad feeling about him. He doesn't say why he hasnt been active here, yet he has been posting in all other forums, and even posted in another mafia game. I would like if he could explain his inactivity.

UncleSam: I want to bring up this topic on him wanting the announcer to claim. Looking over his posts, he says that the announcer claiming that it will bring "a basis for discussion." The thing is, how does the announcer claiming bringing about more discussion? It looks to me that the fact that LS claimed while ignoring everyone else who was telling the announcer not to claim appears a little suspicious to me. Which brings me to...

Lady Salamence: I'm pretty sure you're not an idiot, and even though you may be new to NOC, it's kinda hard for me to believe that you just ignored everyone else's advice to not claim, but listened to US instead. What's even weirder is that in an earlier post you said that you don't read US' posts. I guess you might have been trolling, but the impression I got from your first post was that you were being serious. Clarifying this would be very kind of you.

I will post more thoughts on other people later, and if anyone wants my specific thoughts on someone let me know.

Edit: Also @@vote Leethoof@@
I haven't seen you post for a bit, so if you could post with more detailed explanations on people you suspect, that would be nice.
I said that the announcer claiming IN THE VERY BEGINNING would give a nice basis of discussion to kick the day off with, but by the time Lady Salamence claimed we already had a good amount of discussion going and everyone (including my more recent posts) agreed that it was a bad idea for her to claim...but she did it anyway.

I agree with you that Lady Salamence has been acting strangely and I definitely think she has a lot to explain, but I think it is true that she is just clueless because there is no way someone who is even close to reading every post acts like she is acting, and if she were mafia one of her teammates would've at least filled her in a tiny bit in my opinion or pushed her to post more.

I also think that Leethoof needs to talk more, but frankly you fit into the same boat he does. So, please answer just a few questions:
-What do you think of Quagsires? He currently has the most votes on him yet you don't address him at all then seem like you are trying to start something on some other random near-inactive, which looks kinda like you are buddying him to be honest.
-What do you think of billymills' strange behavior?

Quagsires said:
Unclesam, I have no problem with you listing all the suspicions on people. I appreciate you applying pressure and believe it can give results. I do have a problem when you're saying there's one person out of everyone that's good, since that's giving information to the mafia (unless, of course, you are. I am counting requests to post more with that). Had you said ALL as some sort of suspicious, I would have no objection, as that is fair and gives no info.
So...you are saying that you wouldn't have objected if I had made a post that literally says nothing and doesn't help the village at all by providing no info (as you correctly put it), but you object to me making useful posts and providing info and connections for the village to analyze later on? I don't understand how this is anything other than anti-Town.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
In agreement with zorbees, that is an extremely unsatisfying defense, Quagsires. You're also still voting for Paperblade, despite the fact that you yourself seem to recognize that your arguments against him hold no weight whatsoever. I'm not saying that Paperblade is "clean", I just don't know why you're voting him and why you're so insistent on voting him.

I do think MK Ultra is strangely inactive, but inactive != mafia. It's bad to be a villager and inactive, but inactivity is not a scumtell.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
gl hf lynch spiffy unclesam is mafia vote galladiator im town only noobs no lynch.

Okay, I'll get caught up on the thread and start posting stuff tomorrow.

I also think that Leethoof needs to talk more, but frankly you fit into the same boat he does. So, please answer just a few questions:
-What do you think of Quagsires? He currently has the most votes on him yet you don't address him at all then seem like you are trying to start something on some other random near-inactive, which looks kinda like you are buddying him to be honest.
-What do you think of billymills' strange behavior?
Ok here goes.

1. Quagsires hasn't posted very much, and I know he is an active guy. I also don't get what his deal with pblade is. To me it looked like you made a post about him, and he responded. I don't really understand why its such a big deal that he took the time to respond to the whole post. It appears to me that a lot of Quags' posts seem to not have any real info in them. I feel that his calling people out is a way to come off a village but without posting any real opinions on anybody.

2. Tbh while this will probably come off as "buddying" I'm not too concerned about his behavior. While it is true the way he has been played in past NOCs has been successful, I can see why he might want to change it. I think billy is trying to change up the way he is playing so that he comes off as village. A player that consistently plays the same way is difficult to differntiate between mafia and village because you don't get any clues either way to who they are aligned with. Of couse he may be acting like this with the mindset of people thinking that, but I dont really know. Right now I'm more inclined to see him as village.

Lastly, MK's posts have been short and really weird, especially his last one where to me it looks like he is attempting to distance himself from possible scumbuddy Crux (whose posts have also been really weird; name calling isn't really doing anybody favors). I also find it strange that he is calling out other users to post more even when his posts don't appear to be very thoughtful.

I also realize that me calling other people out is a little hypocritical especially when I myself have not been as active. To remedy this I will attempt to post more often as my schedule will allow, but if I can't then I will request to be subbed. (this isnt a request to sub, just that i will have to if stuff comes up).

Anyways US I hope I have answered your questions fully.

Since Yeti or someone asked earlier that everyone give their opinion on Ditto, here is mine. I think it is a sort of reverse-psychology, "come at me bros" move. He is daring us to lynch him, to see if our suspicions are correct. This could mean he's either fed up with the village, or is a gutsy scum. I'm leaning towards the fed up, personally, for no real reason.

Jalmont has valid points on Crux and MK being weird, but I have no real opinions towards either due to my noobishness.

Jalmont and Staraptor Call only recently became active, but both are providing insightful reads and useful discussion, so clean to me.

I have thought more about UncleSam. It is possible that I have been persuaded to pseudo-clean him, but even if he is mafia, I think he might be useful to keep around longer. He promotes most of the discussion in this thread, and even if he targets us towards defenite villys, the discussion provided will eventually point us to more mafia.

I'm still trying to look through Quagsires, Brammi's, Wick's, BT's, and billymills posts, among others.

If everyone else can pretend to be a certified psychologist capable of fully reading thoughts from a bunch of typed words, so can I!

@@Vote Quagsires@@

I have no clue why you found that paperblade post suspicious
Care to explain your bandwagon vote?

As for the Paperblade post, Quagsires finds it suspicious because Paperblade was acting defensive in the first paragraph. Other than that, the post isn't suspicious at all.

@Leethoof: You appear to be hiding behind your "noobishness" to avoid making judgments on some players, and you're buddying Ditto for "no real reason." Also, you seem to be saying that having a mafioso lead the discussion of whom to lynch wouldn't be bad.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
It wasn't a bandwagon vote per se, as no one else had voted Quagsires since his most recent post. I found that reasoning for the Paperblade vote atrocious. There isn't much else to say. And thanks for answering for Quags, mr mafia partner.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Care to explain your bandwagon vote?

As for the Paperblade post, Quagsires finds it suspicious because Paperblade was acting defensive in the first paragraph. Other than that, the post isn't suspicious at all.

@Leethoof: You appear to be hiding behind your "noobishness" to avoid making judgments on some players, and you're buddying Ditto for "no real reason." Also, you seem to be saying that having a mafioso lead the discussion of whom to lynch wouldn't be bad.
Sorry can you point out where Quagsires says this, or do you just read minds like that?

I also find it odd that just when the discussion shifts to Quagsires there are a number of users who try to shift it back to Leethoof...if Quagsires is mafia, in my opinion we ought to all take a closer look at jalmont and Staraptor Call.

That being said, Leethoof has been buddying me quite a bit frankly and that, along with his delayed "oh lol I'm persuaded" response has me suspicious of him. However, I still feel Quagsires has more to answer for.

So, Leethoof, please post more and whenever you do tell us a few things, including:
-What do you think of Quagsires (since you conveniently did not address him at all in your last post despite him having the most votes of anyone in the game on him)?
-Who else are you suspicious of and think would be a good target for the lynch today?

edit: ninja zorbees

Crux

Banned deucer.
Obviously the entire point of my last few posts has been missed completely, so I think it is time to try something new and exciting. I would like to preface this post by saying that there was a reason behind every single one of my posts, all of which were extremely lacking. I have since abandoned that strategy, since the reactions that my posts (which were deliberately lacking, IDK how aska was possibly remotely satisfied by them) were not what I wanted. I will not elaborate any further on this, so do not bother replying to this part of my post.

Secondly, I have been accused of buddying on several occasions. I will defend anyone that I believe is in a position where people are being absolute fuckwits in response to their posts. i.e. the "I was answering a question" and other such dramas. Also MK Ultra you are so dense it is not even funny lol if I were mafia with you I would probably kill you tonight to avoid anything as ridiculously stupid as that happening again. I don't think you have any idea how scummy you made yourself look. The quality of your post really has no impact on whether or not I think someone is likely to be scummy. For example UncleSam has consistently made "Good" (in quotation marks since this is debatable) posts, yet I still feel he is likely to be scum. This is mainly due to his extremely aggressive defense of himself and the fact that he is very quick to point fingers to avert any possible criticism directed at him.

To me, at this current point in the game, Quagsires is the most scummy person in my mind. His single-minded determination to lynch Paperblade is quite odd, as I personally feel that Paperblade is generally considered likely to be town by the general populace. Perhaps Quagsires is simply more insightful than the rest of us. I feel that all of his posts have been very quick to point blame at someone and he has taken very criticism fairly poorly.

I am not going to read too indepth into posts like some of you seem to be doing at this point of time. Unlike Blue_Tornado, I don't particularly think poor syntax or diction is a great tell and will reveal scum. I am not going to post any legit reads at this point unless you desperately want me to.

I suppose I will open up a Crux Q&A since I'm not exactly sure what I want to post at the moment. What do you guys want my opinion on, and what questions do you want me to answer? I will do my best to reply.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Since someone asked me to post about ditto (idr who), I think that while he is taking shit way too personally, and in general not being that helpful lately, I don't see any reason for him to be scum (yes i understand that him getting a role pm saying hes scum is a good enough reason shut up). Also anyone who says that guessing how the game is set up and speculating about it spontaneously is scummy is freaking dumb. Mainly since speculating on how the game is set up and how we play it based on varying scenarios means that more than likely, one of them is something we can look to for info.

Anyways, UncleSam, can you tell me why you think jalmont is buddying Quagsires?

Also I would like to remind everyone that A) b_t and billy are not likely scumbuddys, imo, since they could have easily told each other that shit in private, unless mafia can't use their channel during the day. Then again they could have been both planning on doing this so that people think that maybe they aren't..... How about we just call this a tie.

And B) billy and metal bagon are waaaay more likely scum buddies as I showed here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4089042&postcount=208
Unless metal bagon is really that dumb, can the hosts confirm or deny?

Also Crux, boxers or briefs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)