SMOGON KARAOKE 2012: BACK FROM THE GRAVE AND READY FOR LOVE

Right, here we go. Goodbye dignity!

I admit, the recording quality isn't the best, since it's the first time I've used Audacity, and have absolutely NO idea what I was doing. Just hope my voice is good enough. Enjoy. Or not.

Bruno Mars - Marry You

And yes, that picture is really me.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let me start off by saying that Kojax i cannot get enough of your voice, so unique. something about your voice, I could listen to you sing all day

also mad props badal, awesome cover :).

I've been trying to record something all week but i am just too busy, i am going to have to drop out, sorry.
alright so my schedule opened up and i had time to record something. I'm back in baby and here is my entry:

For this song, i couldnt decide whether to sing in a high vocal range or a low, deep vocal range, so i got a bit creative :). i used bits of both vocals, each separated by a different picture of me, you'll see what i'm talking about. The creativity starts on verse 2, i didn't really like how verse one turned out anyways[mistakes on lyrics, pronunciations, etc], but i didn't want to re-record or cut out verse one so its whatever.

its a bit quiet so you might want to turn up the volume just a bit.
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly

<Ninahaza> shii
<~Shii> hi
<~Shii> .-.
<Ninahaza> do you like the song bubbly?
<~Shii> Colby Caillat?
<Ninahaza> yeah
<Ninahaza> on a scale of 1 to 10
<~Shii> it's an adorable song
<~Shii> 7

Edit: damn, ChildDaemon, nice one

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow! Love the cover Ninhaza! Really good stuff. I really love what you've done with both pitches. Sounds beautiful, especially how you transition from a high-pitched one to a low-pitched one.

Let me start off by saying that Kojax i cannot get enough of your voice, so unique. something about your voice, I could listen to you sing all day

also mad props badal, awesome cover :).

alright so my schedule opened up and i had time to record something. I'm back in baby and here is my entry:

For this song, i couldnt decide whether to sing in a high vocal range or a low, deep vocal range, so i got a bit creative :). i used bits of both vocals, each separated by a different picture of me, you'll see what i'm talking about. The creativity starts on verse 2, i didn't really like how verse one turned out anyways[mistakes on lyrics, pronunciations, etc], but i didn't want to re-record or cut out verse one so its whatever.

its a bit quiet so you might want to turn up the volume just a bit.
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly

<Ninahaza> shii
<~Shii> hi
<~Shii> .-.
<Ninahaza> do you like the song bubbly?
<~Shii> Colby Caillat?
<Ninahaza> yeah
<Ninahaza> on a scale of 1 to 10
<~Shii> it's an adorable song
<~Shii> 7

Edit: damn, ChildDaemon, nice one
Sounds pretty good, but IMO you should've stuck with the high voice all the way throughout. The transitions in the second verse are kind of jarring.

Okay so here's my first ever entry (and first ever attempt at properly singing/using audio editing software/recording etc):
Little Miss Pipedream - The Wombats

Yeah its pretty bad, and the quality is shit and sound is butchered in my attempt to lower the original vocals (not to mention you can hear where I split some bits to get myself into time with the song). But eh, I had fun :)

Hm....Ninahaza, your last submission is really breathy...=/ makes it sound like you're struggling more than singing. I'm assuming you were trying to set a bit of a mellow mood, but perhaps sing with your diaphragm?

EDIT: Actually, a lot of your songs sound that way. Is that just your style or something?

Can I have another day to get my submission in? I would do it now, but my family's in the house and my room isn't really soundproof.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I love how every fucking person in this thread has a cold right now (including me, I've been sick since fucking Saturday or else I'd be all up in this bitch)

I love how every fucking person in this thread has a cold right now (including me, I've been sick since fucking Saturday or else I'd be all up in this bitch)
Best part of singing is when you record when you have a cold, and then listen to it.
"oh god"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)