Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving a Arceustar the Squirtle for phantom

This Squirtle is going to be based off me

I don't like routines changing so obviously no evolving and you are only aloud to use one move per battle. I'm good at looking after people so if one of your pokes is on red HP, Squirtle must switch in and be used as heal fodder. I have seminterratoaphobia so no fighting in team rockets HQs. Finally, I like a challenge so solo Bruno.

Is that enough or do you want more (this is first time I've put backstory)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Solo Run Update

Even though this is going to be buried under challange posts, I might as well update you folks with my Solo Run of White, because I can.

Update #1
Update #2

Krookodile [Spartan] (F)
Lv:53/Quiet/Moxie
-Rock Smash
-Dig
-Crunch
-Bulldoze
# Gym Badges: 6
# Black Outs: 5

STORY SO FAR...
Well, before I go on with "obliterating everything", I think it will be a good time to mention something: With these solo runs I've noticed that there is something called "The Difficulty Curve Theory" that can be applied to a solo run. Basically, this curve I can see measures instantaneous difficulty over the course of a solo run. It differs with each Pokemon & with each version. If anyone remembers the Misdreavus Run I did roughly a year ago, This "so-called" curve can be applied to that run & this run. That run, I noticed such a curve, even though I tended to smash everything, you could notice the difficulty rising near the end.
In this run, I can forsee such a curve, on a scale of 1 to 5 in terms of instantaneous difficulty, to be about 3 on the first badge, rising to about 3.5 come the second, then taking a big dive into the mid-game, with the third to sixth badges being somewhere in-between a 1 & a 2. Then after the sixth, the curve starts to rise & keeps rising from there on in. The Misdreavus run I did had a vastly similar curve to this run, except with the first & second badge ratings, the instantaneous difficulty was vastly lower.
This may sound boring, but by understanding this curve, you would be able to prepare for a solo run more, & theoretically be better at it, despite solo runs traditionally requiring little skill.

Now, back to the solo run, & after obtaining the fourth badge, I clobbered Cheren & a short time later, Krokorok becomes Krookodile. I go over to Driftveil & clear out the Cold Storage, & then cleared out the Driftveil Gym & Clay with little trouble.
Then I approach Route 6, & after beating Bianca, I catch a Fly slave in the form of an Unfezant from a random encounter (Which also happened to be the first wild encounter for that Route, but this isn't a Nuzlocke, so it doesn't matter). Before heading into Chargestone Cave, I replace Torment & Sand-Attack on Krookodile with Rock Smash & Bulldoze respectively after claiming the Bulldoze TM. In Chargestone Cave, I gain a Lucky Egg to help make Krookodile stronger, & then demolish N again with little trouble. Enter Mistralton City & after clearing out Route 7 & Celestial Tower, I go to the Gym & dominate Skyla for the Sixth Badge, & that's the (boring) update...

Update done, & according to the "Difficulty Curve Theory" I mentioned earlier, the mid-game's over & things should be more difficult now. Will it? We shall see...

Reserving for Tyranitarphontom and Phadunk.

Tyranitarphantom, take Torture the Vulpix. Torture just loves to watch its enemies die slowly- specifically, it loves residual damage. So, its final moveset must consist of Fire Spin, Toxic, Confuse Ray and one move of your choice. However, the final move may only be used on an opponent after all 3 of Torture's other moves have been used on it. This is because Torture just loves to make its enemies feel prolonged pain. To prove that Torture is the most evil and sadistic pokemon out there, it must solo an entire gym (leader as well as all the trainers). Have fun!

Phadunk, take Thunderbug the Joltik. Thunderbug must be the first Joltik you catch. It's moveset and restrictions are determined by it's nature and gender, and other stuff.
If it has/is:
Male- Teach it Bug Buzz
Female- Teach it Discharge
A -Atk nature- Teach it Round
A -Def nature- Teach it Spider Web
A -SpA nature- Teach it Sucker Punch
A -SpD nature- Teach it Light Screen
A -Spe nature- Teach it Agility
A neutral nature- Teach it Gastro Acid

The final two moves must be Hidden Power and one level-up move. Teach it these moves ASAP. Thunderbug must solo 20 trainers to evolve, and it must solo 1 gym leader or E4 member of your choice. Enjoy!

Hell of a story. Good read.

So basically when it evolves, has to keep Work Up, and one of the moves in the 3rd dash?
Hehe, thanks. I love putting backstory into my Scramblemons, gives them way more personality and helps me to come up with restrictions that fit. And yup, that's right. Your choice of which one of those five you use, but whichever it is you pick, you'll have to keep it from then on.

To clear up another possible source of confusion, Enthusia is perfectly free to use non-attacking moves like Sing or Rain Dance before the Work Up(s). That restriction only applies to moves intended to directly damage the opponent.

Really liking your team summary so far, by the way, looks great. :)

Since my computer is down, I guess I need another Scramble. I think I'm gonna play this one on Blue version

Rules:

1. Include a nickname/story, please
2. Check what I've already been assigned, and make sure there are no repeating types
3. Make it hard, but not ridiculous or tedious
4. Reservations are valid for 20 minutes (it's been a while since I posted, I don't know if that's still a problem)

Go crazy

1. AOPSUser's Spearow
2. King Serperior's Nidoran(F) (I'd have chosen Mankey, but it's exclusive to Red)
3. user 18's Bellsprout
4. Arceustar's Squirtle
5. Professor Science's Vulpix
Still need one more!

Also Arceustar, I'd like to at least be able to evolve into Wartortle

TTar, you get Creeper the Drowzee. Now, since Drowzee eats dreams, he can't attack unless the Pokemon is first asleep. So, always keep Hypnosis. In order to evolve into a Hypno, he must put 20 Player-owned Pokemon to sleep first, and defeat them. But wait! Once evolved, he has a craving for children, so he must lure 10 children to their dooms, meaning solo their teams. And to make a speedy get-away, he must Teleport away after every battle. And since Blue is Creeper's ultimate prize, he must solo at least one of Blue's Pokemon, if not more.

Recap:
Always keep Hypnosis and Teleport
Use Hypnosis before attacking
Can't attack unless opponent is asleep (if enemy has any other status ailment besides confusion, which doesn't affect putting things to sleep, Creeper can't attack.)
To evolve, 20 Trainer-owned Pokemon asleep and defeated
10 children defeated as Hypno
Teleport away from scene of his crimes, errr, battles
Solo at least one of Blue's Pokemon each time met after evolution

(First Scramblemon I've done, sorry if it sucks. >.> ))

Tetrinity, how's can'tdoit getting along
Pretty well, actually, he's found a nice niche in helping the others get set up. Had a pretty hilarious battle just now where I Growl-spammed a Bonsly to -6 Atk, switched to Lola, Defence Curl'd up to +6 Def, used her newly-learned Baton Pass to pass to Purify, who used his newly learned Calm Mind to get to +6 SpA and SpD, then OHKO'd with Confusion, ending the battle. Overkill? Absolutely. Tremendous fun? You bet.

Thanks for the Pokemon, everyone! My team is in this post. I think I'm gonna post updates on this one.

Also, I'm going to attempt to solo Blue every time I see him after catching Creeper, but if I can't, I'll settle for soloing his starter

Pretty well, actually, he's found a nice niche in helping the others get set up. Had a pretty hilarious battle just now where I Growl-spammed a Bonsly to -6 Atk, switched to Lola, Defence Curl'd up to +6 Def, used her newly-learned Baton Pass to pass to Purify, who used his newly learned Calm Mind to get to +6 SpA and SpD, then OHKO'd with Confusion, ending the battle. Overkill? Absolutely. Tremendous fun? You bet.
So he's not levelling up in caves now

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Solo Run Update

...And Random continues to churn out updates at the speed of light, thanks to "obliterating everything"...

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3

Krookodile [Spartan] (F)
Lv:67/Quiet/Moxie
-Rock Smash
-Dig
-Crunch
-Outrage
# Gym Badges: 8
# Black Outs: 5

STORY SO FAR...
tl;dr, the difficulty hasn't really risen, since Krookodile is ridiculously overleveled & OHKOes everything, bar those damn Sturdy-mons & Endure abusers. Speaking of which, Krookodile lost over half his health to a Stunfisk, since he was Outrage-locked, & Stunfisk spammed Endure...Of course, when Stunfisk didn't Endure successfully, Krookodile hit himself, losing at least 50 HP a hit, but he snapped out & killed the Stunfisk...
Nevertheless, I have 8 Badges now, just the Pokemon League to go, & then we can tackle the postgame! Just to show why my updates have been coming quickly, It has taken me just a fraction over 9 hours total to get those badges...

Update done. Next Update: After Ghetsis...

Good work IAR! I found that BW was by far the quickest runthrough to the E4 of any pokemon game I've played. I did it in ~20 hours, but then again I had more than 1 pokemon. Keep up the good work!

So he's not levelling up in caves now
Correct. The aforemented Bonsly fight was on Route 215, a regular route which has constant rain. I'm probably going to grind Can'tdoit mercilessly before I get anywhere near Mt. Coronet or Snowpoint City again. Although, due to a technical loophole, I can grind for XP near Snowpoint City, then Fly somewhere else to get the last bit of XP to level up... :p

I just reached Veilstone City, so next job is to fight Maylene! Purify will be trying to solo one of her Pokémon, which I figure should be easy enough; he does have Calm Mind and a STAB super-effective Confusion, after all... watch this space, anyway.

IAR, "obliterating everything" is probably right... though I find the notion of a Stunfisk Enduring anything ever to be amusing. Especially an incredibly pissed-off overlevelled Krookodile. :p

Edit: Alright, Maylene fight. I'll remind you all that I never got this far in Platinum before; I have no idea what's coming up at all. :D

Required solo:

Purify (Lv29 Meditite) @ Mind Plate
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Ability: Pure Power
Moveset:
Hidden Power [Poison]
Calm Mind
Confusion
Detect

Purify must solo one of Maylene's Pokémon.

(Note: Purify tried to learn Force Palm upon reaching level 29... but since I hadn't done this solo yet, I couldn't learn it... D: I think I've used Hidden Power like four times since I worked out the typing. Ah well.)

I decided to lead with Purify, since the first Pokémon is generally the easiest and I could get up to +6 SpA and SpD with the smallest amount of effort. Why solo one Pokémon when you can clean sweep them all?

So, out went Purify, only to be met by... another Meditite. One level lower, interestingly enough. I started with my usual, Detecting to scout a move and plan my course of action. I'm glad I did - it blocked a Fake Out! Nothing for it now but to spam Calm Mind.

Things started off just fine - Maylene's Meditite just kept spamming Confusion, dealing less and less damage with each Calm Mind. Of course, the RNG gods were not content with that... after my third Calm Mind, Confusion confused Purify, who then hit himself over the next two turns. Somehow Purify managed to tank two Drain Punches during those too. He really is a boss. <3

Finally, I reached +6, healing twice in the process using my boatload of Moomoo Milk (this stuff is seriously amazing, I bought 55 bottles :p). Unfortunately, the other Meditite hit me with Rock Tomb, which meant I was now slower. Needless to say, the RNG gods were not finished with me, as the other Meditite struck first with Confusion, once more confusing Purify and forcing him to hit himself, necessitating another heal. When you don't know what's approaching, you want as much health as possible. That's difficult when you're outsped and repeatedly smashed with Rock Tomb, but eventually my Confusion went through with a reasonable amount of HP remaining, crushing the other Meditite under the force of a +6 "anything at all".

Next up was a Machoke. Now, obviously I'll OHKO with Confusion (hell, Hidden Power would probably do it), but just as obviously, I'm outsped and despite what I was saying about Purify being a boss, he really doesn't like too many physical attacks on him. I went for the Detect, luckily still moving through the confusion, blocking the Machoke's Strength. I had 38 HP left (out of 61), so I fancied my chances and ordered a Confusion.

Goddammnit I nearly had a heart attack. Strength left Purify on 1 HP. One. Purify proceeded to snap out of confusion and show that Machoke who was running the place, moving to level 30 in the process.

Last Pokémon... Lucario. Hmm. The odds were not in my favour. I healed with a Moomoo Milk, taking a Metal Claw to the face in return. It did 40 damage, a clean 2HKO no matter how you cut it. I could theoretically PP-stall him with Moomoo Milk and the last few uses of Detect, but one crit would kill him and Lucario was bound to have other attacks. Sorry, Purify...

Lucario used Force Palm.

It dealt 22 damage. Purify was left with one HP. Again.

Purify used Confusion.

It OHKOed Lucario, with a (most likely useless) crit to make things even sweeter.

What. The. Fuck.

Purify, you are a fucking BEAST.

Here's the current team, introducing first the incredible force that is Purify:

Purify (Lv30 Meditite) @ Mind Plate
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Ability: Pure Power
Moveset: Hidden Power [Poison] | Calm Mind | Confusion | Detect

A truly excellent member of the team. I need to go find the Brick Break TM; according to Bulbapedia I have the resources necessary to get it (Rock Smash and the Bicycle). Once he's got hold of that, between Brick Break and Calm Mind/Confusion, nothing will be stopping him.

Lola (Lv27 Buneary) @ Quick Claw
Nature: Gentle (+SpD, -Def)
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Quick Attack | Defense Curl | Baton Pass | Jump Kick

You can probably tell what I'm going for here. As soon as Lola learns Agility (lv33, not long left!), the entire team is going to be rolling in speed boosts. Once Agility is learned, I'll be replacing Quick Attack with Return. Not sure whether to keep Defense Curl for more Baton Pass abuse or Jump Kick for some nicer coverage; I'll soon have Fighting STAB after all. Lola is certainly able to dish out the pain when she needs to, and has a remarkable tendency to pull through when I'd consigned her as fainted. A trait she has shared with Purify, it would seem!

Fiddle (Lv29 Kricketune) @ Shell Bell
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Swarm
Moveset: Leech Life | Rock Smash | Cut | Slash

Still haven't been able to meet the requirement for having all different move types, so Slash is locked off. Hopefully I'll run into the move deleter soon so I can get something else, though I have Heart Scales if I need them. Fiddle's usefulness has been gradually deteriorating, but he does still have very nice Attack and HP stats and that Rock Smash / Leech Life combo works surprisingly often. I gave him the Shell Bell figuring I may as well, but it tends to give just a couple of HP each attack, so I may just take it away.

Can'tdoit (Lv28 Piplup) @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Pound | Growl | Peck | Water Sport (learns Mist at lv36)

I have a love-hate relationship with this guy, I really do. On the one hand, his Growl spam has saved my ass a couple of times. On the other, his attacks are virtually pointless and he no longer holds the title of highest Defence on the team (having been beaten out by Purify, who is two levels higher but has a base Defence of 55 and a retarding nature!). Growl is literally the only niche he has anymore. I can't really say Can'tdoit is much more than dead weight, but yet... the team wouldn't be the same without him. As I said, love-hate relationship. :)

Oldie (Lv26 Cranidos) @ Odd Incense (completely pointless, but everybody else had a hold item and he was feeling left out)
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moveset: Focus Energy | Pursuit | Take Down | Scary Face

I like Oldie. The only reason his level is this low is due to the difficulty in safely switching him in, along with needing more EXP for each level as it is. I love his restriction, it's really creative and forces you to think of how best to get around it. Oddly enough the worst move to "forget" is Scary Face, since it's really useful during a turn where I can't use a physical attack and Focus Energy is a little pointless, especially if I have to use it twice. He'll be a bit easier to use once I can get a special attack on him - some damage is better than nothing. Definitely looking forward to his evolution into Rampardos too!

Can't wait until I can complete my team with Confused the Riolu, hopefully Iron Island isn't too much further now. This run has been so much fun so far, I can't thank you guys enough for giving me such a great team. :)

Correct. The aforemented Bonsly fight was on Route 215, a regular route which has constant rain. I'm probably going to grind Can'tdoit mercilessly before I get anywhere near Mt. Coronet or Snowpoint City again. Although, due to a technical loophole, I can grind for XP near Snowpoint City, then Fly somewhere else to get the last bit of XP to level up... :p

I just reached Veilstone City, so next job is to fight Maylene! Purify will be trying to solo one of her Pokémon, which I figure should be easy enough; he does have Calm Mind and a STAB super-effective Confusion, after all... watch this space, anyway.

IAR, "obliterating everything" is probably right... though I find the notion of a Stunfisk Enduring anything ever to be amusing. Especially an incredibly pissed-off overlevelled Krookodile. :p
Should have seen that loophole coming. Then again it's only an extra restriction so I'm not too fussed.

Thanks for the Pokemon, everyone! My team is in this post. I think I'm gonna post updates on this one.

Also, I'm going to attempt to solo Blue every time I see him after catching Creeper, but if I can't, I'll settle for soloing his starter
Try to solo Blue with Creeper each time, it makes the difficulty a bit more difficult. >:3 Just soloing his Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur is boring. :3

OK GUYS!!!!
Arceustar here for a hard White scramble
Want 8 pokes
I'd like:

Water type: Pika25 (Shelly the Oshawott)
It must keep Razor Shell forever. As an Oshawott, it must solo Cilan. As a Dewott, it must solo N in Nimbasa City. As a Samurott, it must solo Iris.

Fire type:AOPS user (Two paths the Litwick)
-Evolve after soloing Brycen.
-No Ghost-type moves.
-Must know two damaging Fire-type moves ASAP.
-Must not know Will-O-Wisp, as that is also considered part-Ghost.
After the Elite Four, N, and Ghestis, Lampent realizes that its true destiny lies as a dual-typed Pokemon. You must now know a Ghost move and a Fire move, must know Will-O-Wisp, which represents a blend of the two typings, and then solo Cynthia's Spiritomb to evolve.

Grass type:EndQuote (Blossom the Petilil)
This Petilil has the three most annoying restrictions in any scramble:
1) Can never use a super-effective move.
2) Can only attack a foe suffering from a status condition.
3) Pick either Bianca or Cheren. Blossom must solo that rival every time.

Normal type: StallMandibuzz (Amsalp the Patrat)
First Patrat you see
Can not use moves with a BP 80 or above
Can not use TMs or HMs
Solo 40 Plasma Grunts 15 grunts
If sees Plasma-owned Patrat/Watchog, goes into rage and can't be switched out for rest of battle
Solo N all four times before N's Castle Not counting Nimbasa
Defeat Ghetsis' Hydreigon

Flying type: Axmaster68 (Simple the Pidove)
1)Simple cannot directly attack unless in red health OR has been hit with a status attack.
2)Simple must have at least 1 STAB move at all times, and must have no moves with more than 70 BP
3)Simple must participate in 2 musicals every time Simple faints (yes, they accumulate)
4)Simple must solo 2 GL's and 1 E4 member, all of which must be decided by RNG.

Ground type: Tetrinity (T'sRevenge the Tympole)
Must be the first Tympole you encounter, must soft reset if you fail to catch it.
May not teach him new moves. Ever.
May not evolve to Seismitoad.
Must switch in whenever an opponent sends out a Water type.
If Ambassador is out against a Water-type Pokémon, he must switch out. You must then send out a Pokémon that is weak to Water.
Must be higher in level than any Pokémon on your team that is weak to Water.

Electric Type: Proffesor Science (Derpfisk the Stunfisk)
Arceustar, take Derpfisk the Stunfisk. This thing is clearly the ugliest and derpiest pokemon in the world, so it must prove to everyone, including itself, that it is not a failure. Firstly, it has a pretty diverse movepool, so make sure that Derpfisk has no two moves of the same type, and to show off this movepool to the fullest, it is always under the effect of Torment. Secondly, Derpfisk realises that to truly prove itself it must be self-reliant, so it may never use items except hold items and Revives or Max Revives. Also, it may never switch out. Thirdly, Derpfisk must prove its power, so it must solo one E4 member and 6 pokemon total from N and Ghetsis. (you may switch out for these solos.) Have fun!

Ghost Type:bwburke94(Klutz the Golett)
You get Klutz the Iron Fist Golett/Golurk... wait what? Yep, its ability is Iron Fist, but it thinks its ability is Klutz so it can never hold any item with an in-battle effect, except for experience-affecting items. To evolve, it must solo two total trainers with at least two Pokémon each at Opelucid Gym or any location afterwards. Additionally, it must solo Grimsley, but only if it knows Shadow Punch at any point during your run. Finally, it must know Fly if it evolves, but cannot use it in battle until the final battle with N.

I have the right to decline/request edit for all my mons
Please state which category you are choosing in a reservation (If both types have a category then you may choose one)
FIRE AWAY!!!
Rules that are underlined will be replaced with new rules in bold

I noticed that Phadunk doesn't have a flyer.

Arceustar gets Shelly the Oshawott as a starter. It must keep Razor Shell forever. As an Oshawott, it must solo Cilan. As a Dewott, it must solo N in Nimbasa City. As a Samurott, it must solo Iris.

Reserving a Ground type for Arceustar.

Edit: Arceustar, add a Tympole to your list and name him Ambassador.

Ambassador must be the first Tympole you encounter; if you fail to catch it for whatever reason, soft reset immediately and try again.

Ambassador is well known in the world of Water Pokémon, and many come to him with their problems. One day, Ambassador was approached by a Piplup, who had been cursed as an egg by a Trainer known as Arceustar. Ambassador had done what he could to help the poor Piplup, but there was only so much that could be done. He therefore swore that he would seek revenge on this Arceustar and level the score.

Ambassador is strong willed, and while he plays along in your team, battling as normal, he won't take to being bossed around. When you catch him, his moveset becomes frozen. You may not teach Ambassador new moves by any means. He will evolve to Palpitoad without complaint, but he'll refuse to evolve to Seismitoad; no way some Trainer is going to tell him what form to take.

Since Ambassador, as the name implies, is an ambassador to all Water type Pokémon, he refuses to fight against them. When he switches out as a result of this, he forces you to send out a Pokémon with a weakness to Water, in order to further demonstrate the dominance of his type. And since it wouldn't do to appear weaker than these Pokémon, Ambassador must always be higher in level than any Pokémon on your team weak to Water.

Finally, if a Water type is sent out against you, Ambassador will switch in to greet them. All other restrictions as before, so Ambassador will be switching right back out again and dragging in something weak. :)

Summary:
Ambassador the Tympole
- Must be the first Tympole you encounter, must soft reset if you fail to catch it.
- May not teach him new moves. Ever.
- May not evolve to Seismitoad.
- Must switch in whenever an opponent sends out a Water type.
- If Ambassador is out against a Water-type Pokémon, he must switch out. You must then send out a Pokémon that is weak to Water.
- Must be higher in level than any Pokémon on your team that is weak to Water.

We practically have a canon going here. :D

I noticed that Phadunk doesn't have a flyer.

Arceustar gets Shelly the Oshawott as a starter. It must keep Razor Shell forever. As an Oshawott, it must solo Cilan. As a Dewott, it must solo N in Nimbasa City. As a Samurott, it must solo Iris.
Accepted except for N. Can we change him to Clay

Reserving a Litwick for Arceustar.

Arceustar, you get Two Paths the Litwick. This Litwick is both Ghost and Fire, meaning it must choose which path to follow. Whatever path you choose for it, it must take that path and becomes your Fire or Ghost.

Path of Fire:

-Evolve after soloing Brycen.
-No Ghost-type moves.
-Must know two damaging Fire-type moves ASAP.
-Must not know Will-O-Wisp, as that is also considered part-Ghost.

Path of Ghosts:

-Evolve whenever.
-Solo Marshal or Caitlin of the E4.
-Solo N's Reshiram, as Ghosts are dark, whereas Reshiram is white.
-Must have 2 damaging Ghost-type STAB ASAP.
-Must not know any Fire-type moves.
-May not be used against Brycen.

No matter what path you take, after the Elite Four, N, and Ghestis, Lampent realizes that its true destiny lies as a dual-typed Pokemon. Before evolving into Chandelure, the two paths merge. You must now know a Ghost move and a Fire move, must know Will-O-Wisp, which represents a blend of the two typings, and then solo Cynthia's Spiritomb to evolve.

I have Shelly so no water unless it's something like Swanna
Damn! I was really hoping to plague you with a useless Water type :p

Tell you what. Evolve him to Palpitoad. He'll be your Ground type instead. To make up for this, that "optional" restriction is no longer optional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)