NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
All Actions In

The wake up call is starting to get less and less creative.

Hoarse Voice said:

yay cats go town usa usa usa kony 2012
Another morning arises in this long-ass battle between the Kingdom and the Majora's Maskians. Many have started to lose interest, but constant vigilance must be exercised, or there will be more people who end up like Paperblade, dead with an axe in his throat.

Dear Paperblade, you are Cremia.

You help take care of Romani Ranch along with your younger sister, Romani. Your sister didn’t allow you to take her bow on your journey, so you will have to rely on your milk making skills to aid your friends.

Every night, you can send a PM to Spiffy and Walrein entitled: “NX - Make Fresh Milk”. You will find a cow and milk it furiously, resulting in a bottle of Fresh Milk.

You may hold no more than one bottle of Milk of any type at a time.

<snip>

Your team’s details are provided in a separate PM.

You are allied with the Majora’s Maskians. You win if the Majora’s Maskians outnumber the Kingdom, and all other threats are eliminated.
Actually, this isn't a horrible turn of events. Maybe it's ok if the mafia decides not to keep their guard up...

Day 7 ends 5 days from now, on March 29 at 6:30 PM CST. Don't post until all results are out.

zorbees this guy is 2 for 2, you should take notes.

Also, this means that since paperblade started with a fresh milk night 0, the mafia did not have the magic cloak originally.

Actually, I just realised that I am the only person who Paperblade admitted to passing milk to. This puts me in a very bad position. However this alone doesn't mean much, if you have any serious concerns, please say so.

>>>>>>>>>
If I were inclined to accuse you of being scum, it wouldn't be because of that, especially since your milk spoiled. iirc you denied it was Lon-Lon Milk, but the Lon-Lon Ranch doesn't actually appear in MM, and there's no indication in the PM it's anything but Milk, anyways. Actually, thinking on it a bit more, Paperblade and you are the only ones who have claimed to be stolen from with the boulder flavour... which certainly exists, since Paperblade at least knew the mafia thief... but there's another weird coincidence there, that you made up the boulder item a long time ago and the flavour of stealing is a boulder >___>; Odd, but not sure if it means anything.

Anyone who disagrees with me is very welcome to say so. If anything, I'd accuse you of being the wolf... but I have no real evidence, just a feeling, that you are anything but what you claim to be. I'm pretty sure the wolf is someone intelligent, though. Not that we have much information to go off. Either way, they're buying us and themselves time.

I refuse to believe this is the vigilante, by the way -- why do you think he is? Nobody ever voiced suspicions about Paperblade after he came out as the cow; I know in my case this is because I interpreted him as our substitute for village hooker/roleblocker. Either the wolf is misfiring or has information. There was no reason for a vigilante to kill Paperblade with a bunch of other good targets sitting around. billymills's idea that Paperblade was performing the kill is very likely for this reason, unless Engineer Pikachu was protecting them, but eh...

Person who started with the Black Cloak needs to speak up like I asked them to, unless they have a very exceptional reason for keeping it under wraps (e.g. it allows them to make vigilante kills). I kinda have a feeling I'm forgetting something about the items, though... so check this over for me, billy?

Bell - One-time redirect - DetroitLolcat
Parchment - Question asker? - Snike -> mafia
Magic wand - Unblockable action - Acklow -> mafia
Black cloak - ??? - Village
Item list - Item list - billymills -> mafia thief
Milk - Milk - Paperblade -> billymills (used up)
Mask - ??? - Quagsires -> passed around a bit through the mafia?

Village started the game with all but two items (Mask and Milk).

Anyone persuaded? (Probably pokemonrocks777...) I don't want to use the lynch on dumb shit today, I would've complained about it yesterday but let's be real, we had no other way of getting information out of him. I'd still like to hear why he thinks he was inspected though.

I'm gonna guess Walrein overlooked the milk when he told snike only two items tbh. He has a tendency of doing that, however I doubt we'll get confirmation either way.

The wolf is either very smart or very unlucky. I won't lie that I felt paper's cow was remotely suspicious seeing as milk is a key figure in Majora's Mask, but I agreed with you that it was a likely replacement for our hooker.

I can't tell if the wolf decided to kill a key village role last night, or take out an extremely well placed mafia. There is a good chance that since Paper was relatively trusted, he would be given the team's items because he would be the least likely to get lynched, especially if at least one of the other mafia were suspected. However, given the considerable number advantage we presumably still have, I think it's more likely the wolf mis-hit.

As for the wolf, I think it's very unlikely the wolf is the sun. I would like to guess that the wolf is related to the king somehow, possibly the Queen.
I think it's remotely possible that BT did not know crux could turn into wolf or BT knew Crux was wolf and just tried to piss us off. I'm just trying to point out possibilities, but I do think that the king's passing hasn't caused enough visible changes in roles. (The king's apparent significance should have actually done something.) That said, a queen using an axe isn't very likely.

I want to know who Ace Emerald and Layell targeted last night.

Edit: About the boulder, it was the first thing that came to me that wasn't completely unreasonable. I came up with stupid names and just chose the first that was feasible enough that no one would challenge it, but strange enough for people to believe me when I claim it's bs.

Also the mafia thief flavor is so obviously Goron that it'd hard to claim that a boulder item was responsible. Though I suppose since no one else has been stolen from you'll just have to trust that I'm right about the flavor =/

Just something to note as further potential evidence that Crux is the wolf: Taken from the OP:
10. All inspections on the mafia group (whose name be revealed when the game begins) will be 100% accurate. However not all inspections will be 100% accurate!
Also of note is that no village rolename so far has been definitively female except Crux's queen claim, but this is highly circumstantial.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a hard time believing that both DetroitLolcat and Ace Emerald are both villagers. DetroitLolcat claims to have an item that does the same thing as Ace Emerald's role, and I find it odd that we'd have overlapping roles like that. Ace Emerald was proven by Dummy007 though, and I find it more believable that Dummy and AE are town than DLC is. It is possible for all three to be village, but I view Announcer as essentially vanilla and we have too many vanillas I think.

@@vote DetroitLolcat@@

On that note though, I have a hard time believing Rediamond is a vanilla, as we have 5 dead vanillas, plus Crux and Jumpluff, both of whom I am more inclined to believe are clean.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Popping in to say that I did protect someone last night, but obviously I don't know whether it was successful or not.

EDIT: Layell.

zorbees: I don't think Rediamond is scum, but I'd rather keep my reasons to myself for now until I have more time.

Paperblade's flip is pretty bad for zorbees imo.

Further substantiation will maybe come but am interested in hearing thoughts on this one-liner.

Very interesting to note how both kok and Paperblade attempted to lynch Quagsires ahead of time.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
First, I would like to say that the bell is no longer in my possession, as I was stolen with the boulder flavor.

Secondly, the point of the town crier (announcer) in this game is to start with the Bell. My main function in this game isn't to make announcements, but to use the bell to aid the village. Zorbees' claim seems to forget that there's more to my role than just making announcements. He then says "uh there's a lot of vanillagers so dlc is scum" and then said that the other vanillagers are "seemingly more clean".

Explain what you mean in your post, because it isn't the greatest argument. Until then, @@Vote zorbees@@

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
How is Paperblade's flip bad for me? The only connection I recall having with him was the whole "one experienced user must be mafia", in which his flip would be good for me.

@DLC: I am going to @@unvote@@ because I had forgotten that Snike had revealed that only 2 items started on the mafia, the two being the milk and the mask. Regarding the vanillagers that are seemingly more clean, I think Crux and Jumpluff being very likely clean is pretty self-explanatory.

@@vote Rediamond@@

following up on my previous post where i suspected him.

I'm extremely suspicious that Ace Emerald still hasn't told us his target. Ideally he would have told us all the day before, because that's the only way his power helps the village. Waiting until now means he can claim to have targeted anyone, especially someone unhelpful. It's just easier for the mafia fake a martyr that way.

Also echoing jumpluff's call out on zorbees. There's a number of small things that have irritated me about his recent posts, but I'll wait until I see what she says.

Also echoing jumpluff's call out on zorbees. There's a number of small things that have irritated me about his recent posts, but I'll wait until I see what she says.
I was specifically waiting for you to say something because I had a feeling you'd have an opinion on it (prolly be the only one other than zorbees, in fact) and very much didn't want to put words in your mouth (you could say I basically threw that out there to see what you'd say, because I didn't anticipate any other uninvolved parties to respond to it). It seems you have your own opinion on this (his recent posts), whereas my point is more about the connection, or lack thereof, between Paperblade and zorbees. Not that there aren't those little things, but I hit at that musing when I was going back and reading through Paperblade's posts in context of my comment on how both he and kok bussed Quagsires.

Don't worry, zorbees, I always intended to come back and justify it.

Going back, I'm gonna second guess myself again.

I think the top suspect atm is Dummy007, not zorbees. His play really follows the style of Kok early, and lynching him would provide us with a read on Ace Emerald.

I think I'd rather wait for Dummy's next inspect; though the resemblance is striking, I'm just not convinced at all right now. Nothing to say about your switch.

Wondering why Engi chose to protect tonight instead of protecting Dummy tomorrow, though.

ETA: To be clearer, I still think there is a very strong possibility you are wolf and you want to lynch village today. Make of that what you will.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I think billymills being wolf is a very real possibility, but I don't really want to pursue it today, as there is surely at least one mafia left, and billymills, if village, would be a big help.

billymills and jumpluff, what are your thoughts on rediamond?

I also want to echo billymills in that Ace Emerald and Layell should share their targets.

Rediamond hammered the J-squared lynch, which is one point for him I guess. Otherwise the most suspicious thing about him is that he's stuck around for this long.

I will comment on other things once I figure out how to phrase them!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think I'd rather wait for Dummy's next inspect; though the resemblance is striking, I'm just not convinced at all right now. Nothing to say about your switch.

Wondering why Engi chose to protect tonight instead of protecting Dummy tomorrow, though.

ETA: To be clearer, I still think there is a very strong possibility you are wolf and you want to lynch village today. Make of that what you will.
To be quite honest protecting Dummy didn't even cross my mind, since I was under the impression that the Sun is something that's sort of important and thus should be protected, regardless of other possible protectees >_> This was probably really dumb of me, but at least it hasn't seemed to be a detriment yet. What I don't get is why I would protect Dummy tomorrow as opposed to tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)