Counter That Uber Pokémon! - Teambuilder [Team 1 Voting!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
^ That's nice and all, but a nomination would've been far greater!

Because this team is super offensive, I am going to nominate the big goat - Terrakion.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

The only thing that fully stops this thing is Giratina(-O), which is slaughtered by Zekrom or Rayquaza. Arceus-Ghost can also be a bit problematic, but it's nothing that cannot be dealt with as we go on. Terrakion's high-Speed and Rock Polish allows it to beat Excadrill in sand too, and can easily smack it with STAB Close Combat. This thing puts even more pressure on team 2, as Zekrom takes 70% from Hippowdon's HP with a +1 Outrage, allowing Terrakion to come in and OHKO it. It's actually a fairly guaranteed KO, as Zekrom's +1 Outrage does 70% minimum and Terrakion's Close Combat does 30% minimum, but Leftovers gives it a chance of survival. Stone Edge rounds this beast with a great coverage, whereas Swords Dance allows it to wreak havoc with ease.

I dont really like air balloon on Terrakion. I would use life orb instead. +2 life orb stone edge KOs Giratina-O after stealth rock. Air balloon is not needed to check excadrill - team 1 already has rayquaza for that. Life orb ensure that terrakion KOs hippowdon after +1 Outrage from Zekrom.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

If there's one thing that can make really threatening sweepers even more threatening, it's dual screens. Effectively doubling their defenses means Hippowdon can't 2HKO Zekrom with Earthquake while +1 Outrage will 2HKO Hippowdon so it will be really damn hard to stop Zekrom. Dual screens also means that Rayquaza (and Zekrom) can't be as easily revenged by a random Scarfer, for example with screens up Palkia doesn't KO with Spacial Rend even after Stealth Rock. Bronzong also gets a lot of opportunities to set up against Team 2, as both Hippowdon and Excadrill can't hurt it at all. I went with Toxic and Gyro Ball in the last slot, as the former really cripples Hippowdon which can be helpful for Zekrom, as well as the weather war if we end up using Kyogre or Groudon, while the latter is its most powerful STAB. Stealth Rock could work over Toxic, but I didn't want to overload on stuff it has to do and crippling Hippowdon is cool.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Air Balloon is just bad. Groudon would just break your balloon and phaze you out with Dragon Tail anyway.

Groudon @ Lum Berry/LO
Trait: Drought
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

With Lum, Groudon can 2hko gira-a with no problems. This set will force t2 to use a skarm or lugia and if the former is used, t1 can just pick fightceus to further fuck t2 even more.

Double Dance Groudon

Excellent late-game sweeper. Finds many opportunities to set-up efficiently against team 2 and then wreck havoc.

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I am going to keep voting up due to the lack of votes for another 24 hours. By this time tomorrow, team 2 should start nominating, or perhaps even start voting!

Furai

Okay, time's up! Voting results:

So Groudon is the new member of team 1! Puts a lot of offensive pressure on team 1, especially with Drought, which makes it much harder for Excadrill to sweep.

Anyway, I'm going to suggest Lugia:

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail

Since Groudon doesn't have Stone Edge within it's arsenal, it's not going to do anything to this Lugia. +2 Dragon Claw tops at 38%, allowing Lugia to set up a Reflect, Roost, and Ice Beam it to death. Moreover, Lugia can protect team 2 from Rayquaza if it has switched into Dragon Dance, as Rayquaza's Draco Meteor does 66% tops (+1 Outrage does 65% tops), allowing it to Ice Beam in return. Getting Stealth Rock up first is the key to beat Rayquaza, as after Rayquaza has taken damage from it it will be surely OHKOed. Reflect helps the team tank physical attacks from team 1, especially Zekrom's Outrage and Groudon's boosted Earthquake. Dragon Tail is helpful for phazing, especially if Groudon is up against Lugia. In conjuction with sandstorm and Stealth Rock, it can become really annoying sometimes.

I personally prefer whirlwind over dtail because lugia's dtail does shit damage and I like the reliability of whirlwind since a dtail miss could fuck you up quite bad.

Another pokemon to consider is bulky grass arceus:

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Just copied the specially defensive set I use but I'm sure there's a better variant to use against team 1 so this is just to give a general idea. Since team1's ray is using ddance, we don't need to run a faster set so bulk is more important.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I like the Arceus-Grass idea, but:
Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

I hate how much of a sitting duck Grass Arceus can be. This turns the set into a much more offensive version. Also, maybe we could out EV's in Def to better take on his 3 attackers?

Furai

Come on guys, nominate some more! We can't move on to voting with only 2 nominees

Well, this thread has been quiet for two days now, so I'm going to try to get it going again. I'm going to suggest:

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naughty
252 Atk/244 SAtk/12 Spe
-Tailwind
-Shadow Sneak
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake

Giratina-O would play multiple roles for team 2. First of all, it would help to remedy some (type) weaknesses that are currently unaccounted for, namely Fire, Water, Ground, and Fighting. Secondly, this set for Giratina-O is a fantastic way to put pressure on team 1, because as soon as Tailwind is up, it can threaten the entire current team 1 through Draco Meteor, though Earthquake should probably be used for consistency against Zekrom. Finally, Giratina-O helps in the resolving of (though does not solve) the problem of Mewtwo on team 1, should it arise. Shadow Sneak 2HKOs Mewtwo, allowing Giratina-O to place immediate pressure with priority.

That giratina's going to get destroyed by the ray and fast zekrom. Even the groudon would dent it pretty hard with +2 dragon claw. If team 2 does decide to use gira-o, I think dtail would be a good choice to fuck up the ray or something if they try to set up on the predicted switch out.

Furai

Bear in mind that the grassceus EVs should be changed to something more efficient since the specially defensive set I use is only there to sponge kyogre attacks.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EVs can always be tinkered with at the end,

CM Grass Arceus gets my vote

i'm torn between the two grass arceus sets, as it's too early on still to make a definitive decision as to which is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)