Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reading through Peterko's Cloyster-Suicune-Garchomp guide, I noted his insight that Adamant Scarfed Garchomp has a 75% chance of OHKOing the dreaded Timid King's Rock SPIT Starmie. Besides its fast speed, what's frustrating facing this Starmie is that it is just bulky enough to survive most non-STAB super effective attacks and STAB normal-effective attacks unless they are boosted. If Adamant Garchomp's STAB outrage can't even guarantee the KO without a boost, we're stuck with very few things being able to both outspeed and OHKO. Since in my mind, this set is one of the most important to be able to beat, and beat consistently, in order to put together a 200+ singles streak, I ran a few calculations on other options for shutting it down.

Interestingly, I found that Choice Scarf Latios just *barely* guarantees the KO. With a Timid set, it takes Draco Meteor, meaning you really just have a 90% chance (thanks to the 90% accuracy), but with a Modest set, you have a 100% chance of the OHKO with Thunderbolt. You no longer outrun Scarf Manetric and Scarf Entei with Modest, but this seems a small price to pay. Months ago, I mused about Scarf Latios as a potential check to many of the faster threats in the Subway, but knowing that you can outrun and 100% OHKO SPIT Starmie gets me very interested indeed.

I don't see any listed streaks with Scarf Latios, but has anyone played around with one at all? Better yet, does anyone actually have access to a perfect modest one?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Back again with another new streak for the super doubles subway~

I made it up to 154 wins with this team and I'm pretty happy with the results and the team in itself. I did also manage to get a streak of 123 with my Terrakion+Zapdos lead team, which I was very disappointed at the hax in that match. Along with the fact that the team bored me to death, I decided to start working on this new team:

Cobain (Rotom-W) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

One of the past veterans from my first streak of [SIZE=-2]105[/SIZE]. I just love Rotom-W, he has amazing coverage and is a washing machine you do not wanna mess around with. These runs I experimented with what item to use on Rotom-W since I wanted to use Sitrus Berry on Togekiss. I first tried Water Gem, but I was just sad at how few success it had what with the missing of Hydro Pump and I missed certain kills on stuff with using HP Ice and Thunderbolt. I was gonna try Specs even to give Rotom that power to get those kills, but I loved versatility while using it. So I opted for using Life Orb, and I I loved it. It hits like a truck and nabs all the kills that it missed before(Dewgong, Dragonite, Torterra to name a few). With it's power and Togekiss's ability to neuter the other team, I easily swept teams with just the use of Rotom-W and Togekiss. He's a monster and that's all I can say about it.

Togekiss (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Protect
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Thunder Wave

Seriously wtf?!?! Why is this thing not used more. Togekiss is so bulky and has amazing team support potential. Most commonly seen for Follow Me however, and this set is lacking that move. The reason for that it notable presence of Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type moves. Like every other team I faced was Hail or Sand, and Togekiss was like ";-; wtf is this" So I just had to use Protect and let Rotom-W beat down the threats. Tailwind and Thunder Wave may seem redundant, but believe me, they aren't. Thunder Wave is great for breaking stalls like Ferrothorn, Dusknoir, and the dreaded Blissey before they can set up in whatever way. Along with crippling the one fast speedy attacker on the opponents(meaning Rotom outspeeds one of them, but not the other). Tailwind was usually used to gain quick momentum on Hail, Sand, and legendary teams. Both proved uses in themselves in almost every match, I hardly went a match without using either move. HOWEVER, Air Slash+Serene Grace was my main reason for using Togekiss. I was literally that sick of getting haxed to resort to using this.... Though, it did surprisingly have more use out of just flinching stuff to death(Which it did do a lot of). The Flying-type coverage was great to cover Rotom-W's weakness to Grass-types especially due to the prevalent mono-Grass teams whenever I use Rotom-W >.>

Jones (Scizor) (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 213 HP / 253 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Acrobatics
- Bug Bite

Another oldie and a goodie I decided to recycle from my original streak. Very strong priority and deals with hail well for Togekiss(Except when he gets frozen for 7 turns straight and loses to a Froslass at 1 HP ;___;) I'm considering changing him for something else, so suggestions will be helpful!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Terrakion is something that I've grown to love. When I used it in my last run, I literally only used Rock Slide and Close Combat. I took advantage of this and just threw one Swords Dance, which just ended up very lovely. Terrakion became a wrecking ball when it Tailwind and Swords Dance were used. OHKOing a shitload of stuff, Terrakion just didn't gaf once it got one Swords Dance and it could still outspeed the opponent(Unless Rock Slide missed of course >.>) Anyway, I learned not only Terrakion is fun to use, but also the fun of using boosting moves in doubles.

Past partners that were in place of Terrakion:

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 40 Def / 164 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Bulky Conk was fun while it lasted, but just needed to go.

Gyarados (M) @ Wacan Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spd
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Same as Conk, but never got as far.

I loved using the team, and the only regret I have about the team is how I lost. Which was really stupid plays vs a Protect Scrafty and Toxic Protect Tauros leads. However if Hydro Pump and Rock Slide had hit when they were supposed to I would still think the out come would've been different(/me being salty) I'm still very happy with the success and it's gonna be tough to top that with my next team.

I had some pretty funky runs with this team on my way to this streak though. at one streak the AI outpredicted my Protect with Scizor and used their Darmanitan to KO Togekiss with a crit rather than go to try and KO Scizor. I would've won the match if not for 2 Rock Slide misses in the end, but alas Pokemon happens and I restart my streak losing 97 wins. Another run in which I lost 94 wins to Scarf Terra raping my team with Stone Edge. I missed Hydro Pump twice that match which if any of those actually hit the match would've been an easy win. Sadly that didn't happen and with me being an idiot, I switched in Scizor rather than Terrakion which would've actually resisted Stone Edge and saved Togekiss and Scizor from falling to Terrakion.

I know that the main weak points of the team did consist a lot of issues with the Pokemon I used in the back. If someone else has a better idea for my current back up that would be wonderful. Scizor is definitely something I would be willing to see go, but Terrakion is something I'm iffy on replacing even with the weak points it gives the team.

The next team I'm gonna use is gonna involve some form of set up(like tailwind was the set up of this team) and a focus sash stat booster(Maybe something with Shell Smash)

Anyway, thanks for reading, even though this post is probably horribly worded. See ya next time!

Thinking about using this team for the Battle Subway, have some queries and issues though:

Shuckle (Credit to 'some guy') @Chesto Berry
Bold (+Def -Atk) Sturdy
EVs: Hp 252/ Def 80/ SDef 176

-Power Split
-Rest
-Struggle Bug
-Stealth Rock

Scrafty @Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk -Sp Atk) Shed Skin
Evs: Hp 252/ Atk 212 / Def 12 / Sp Def 4 / 28 Spe

-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Crunch

Suicune (Credit to Pikiwyn) @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def -Atk) Pressure
EVs: 236 Hp / 244 Def / 30 Spe

Moves:
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Main idea is to set up for a Scrafty sweep. At +6 Attack and Speed with the given EV's it can *JUST* OHKO and out speed everything in the subway with Stealth Rocks (Though its primary use is to break Sturdy and Focus Sash), Suicune functioning as a back up just in case.

Picking Shuckle as it makes it easier to set up considering it neuters opposing pokemon with Power Split, even preventing the unlikely critical from stopping your sweep. When I saw Stealth Rocks on 'some guy's team I had a moment of inspiration that I could use it as a way of not only negating Sturdy and Focus Sash, but as a way of securing some much needed OHKO's and in some cases free up some Ev's on certain set up pokemon that don't need 252 Atk to be insanely powerful.

Scrafty being chosen as the main sweeper for its useful ability in helping to ward of status (something I've found problematic with Jumpman's Multiscale Dragonite and TRE's Ferrothorn), I was also impressed that it only needs 212 Atk Ev's and 28 Speed w/rocks to essentially become the perfect sweeper (Taking advantage of SR as much as I possibly can). This was only aided when I learned that Dragon Dance and Drain Punch were legal together, allowing Scrafty to heal without sacrificing a moveslot. Thinking about moving some Hp Ev's to Speed however to make Scrafty more usable after less than 6 Dragon Dances, what do you all think? Is this a good move or should I stick with the Ev's listed?

Ow bugger. I can't believe I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

This being the case either Scizor or Garchomp shall be the replacement:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 Hp/252 Atk/8 Spe
Adamant

- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

or

Garchomp (Credit to Peterko) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Adamant
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves:
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Aerial Ace

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Just saying but if you still feel like using Suicune and Scrafty together you could run Chesto Berry on Suicune. Suicune doesn't really NEED Leftovers as much as some other pokemon (I personally prefer it but it can go without if you must do so to avoid item clause).

My experience with Scrafty is that it should have at least 3 DDs to sweep. As long as you have enough speed to pretty much outspeed any of the non-scarfed super speed pokemon after 3DDs, it should be fine. I would use max attack for more power though actually, because Scrafty's attack isn't amazing.

I've used Scrafty + Suicune before for a little bit. The Taunt Toxicroak could sometimes be annoying.
EDIT: Dunno what I was saying, I meant more like... other physical taunters could be annoying to your team too.

My experience with Scrafty is that it should have at least 3 DDs to sweep. As long as you have enough speed to pretty much outspeed any of the non-scarfed super speed pokemon after 3DDs, it should be fine. I would use max attack for more power though actually, because Scrafty's attack isn't amazing.

I've used Scrafty + Suicune before for a little bit. The Taunt Toxicroak could sometimes be annoying.
EDIT: Dunno what I was saying, I meant more like... other physical taunters could be annoying to your team too.
Thats it sorted then I'm going to do a Choice Scarf Garchomp.

atsync

I've been trying out my Tailwind team again after a brief break. I tried Expert Belt on Swampert for a while but I decided to go back to Muscle Band. I just prefer the consistency of it, even if it isn't that big of a boost. It was probably a coincidence but I came across several situations where Swampert would just fail to finish something off because it was hitting neutrally (whereas the KO would have been acheived by Muscle Band). Failling to finish off a wounded Gyarados with Ice Punch (which allowed it to get a free Dragon Dance) was the final straw...

I also tried Protect over Substitute and I currently like the benefits of Protect over Substitute (preventing double targetting and being usable at below 1/4 hp). It isn't that often where I want to avoid damage over consecutive turns anyway. What I will miss about Substitute is how it helps if you mispredict. For example, if I Substitute with Tornadus but its partner gets double targetted and dies then at least Substitute will still be up for the next turn as compensation. I guess I'll have to be more careful from now on.

It's a minor change though since most of the time Tornadus is either on the offensive or supporting with Tatilwind/Taunt. Unfortunately I lost at battle 65. Zapdos 2 was one of the leads. Not much you can do when it avoids everything. Zapdos is the worst evasion spammer ever. Normally against most other Double Team users I can more or less leave them alone for a while because many of them can't do much back (and things like Vileplume just die to Acrobatics), but Zapdos is different because of Pressure and Roost. Therefore, I'm forced to focus on it which gives its partner free turns to do whatever. Plus, I can't actually beat it in one turn without luck because of how bulky it is. Maybe I should try Taunting it (Tornadus often dies sfter setting Tailwind though).

So I guess I'll try again sometime, until this team starts to disinterest me.

Do any of you make some kind of Subway roster checklist for your teams/pkmn? Every time I've tried, I've quit early in the process because it gets really complicated and texty. Lately I've been trying to devise ways to visually present the 'coverage' of a single pkmn build in a simple manner allowing easy comparison for team building purposes. My Subway roster sheet usually looks like this, but here's an example of what I'm thinking of. This example is very basic and incomplete, as it only takes on standard 1v1 scenarios, and as such doesn't say anything about one's switching opportunities, which is obviously crucial when talking coverage. Furthermore, it only has three levels; defeat, victory (if no misfortune), and certain victory, represented by an empty cell, a menusprite, and a high contrast menusprite, respectively. The pkmn used in this sample are the three from my 579 team plus an old Cloyster I've used for fast battling, which I included here because 'calculating' its scenarios is very simple, and I wanted a fourth pkmn since the idea isn't necessarily to just have your one team listed, but many pkmn, hence team building/synergy purpose, reference chart. It's really time consuming to do these, which in its own right may make it an undesirable approach, and the sample here obviously needs more variables, levels to be of use, but I'm curious - do any of you do something like this, and do you think it can work? With all the hours one puts into Subway battling, a factual representation mapping what's otherwise only in your head about Subway roster 'coverage' could be really sweet, not only for reinforcement/assurance, but also for fixing things that don't work, building teams, and assessing pkmn builds.

Back when I made my Subway roster Excel sheet I used information from walre.in and these two posts. I'm curious, how is such information (and similar from previous generations) gathered? Do you somehow look into the game data? Also, thank you so much.

On another note, using Infernape and Wash Rotom, I finally managed to reach and win the boss battle at #49 on the Super Multi Train 'with Trainer' (as opposed to 'with friend'), which was something I was quite sure would never happen. I may have only thought so because my previous attempts haven't been all that serious, though. I got close to defeat in battle #48 when Tangrowth 4 used its Lax Incense to evade three 100% accuracy moves in a row, but otherwise the sailing was surprisingly smooth. If the developers include a rentals Train (Battle Factory analogue) in the sequels, I wonder if it will exceed the difficulty of this mode, because teaming up with AI-controlled, randomly selected rentals can be really tricky.

atsync

Do any of you make some kind of Subway roster checklist for your teams/pkmn? Every time I've tried, I've quit early in the process because it gets really complicated and texty. Lately I've been trying to devise ways to visually present the 'coverage' of a single pkmn build in a simple manner allowing easy comparison for team building purposes. My Subway roster sheet usually looks like this, but here's an example of what I'm thinking of. This example is very basic and incomplete, as it only takes on standard 1v1 scenarios, and as such doesn't say anything about one's switching opportunities, which is obviously crucial when talking coverage. Furthermore, it only has three levels; defeat, victory (if no misfortune), and certain victory, represented by an empty cell, a menusprite, and a high contrast menusprite, respectively. The pkmn used in this sample are the three from my 579 team plus an old Cloyster I've used for fast battling, which I included here because 'calculating' its scenarios is very simple, and I wanted a fourth pkmn since the idea isn't necessarily to just have your one team listed, but many pkmn, hence team building/synergy purpose, reference chart. It's really time consuming to do these, which in its own right may make it an undesirable approach, and the sample here obviously needs more variables, levels to be of use, but I'm curious - do any of you do something like this, and do you think it can work? With all the hours one puts into Subway battling, a factual representation mapping what's otherwise only in your head about Subway roster 'coverage' could be really sweet, not only for reinforcement/assurance, but also for fixing things that don't work, building teams, and assessing pkmn builds.

Back when I made my Subway roster Excel sheet I used information from walre.in and these two posts. I'm curious, how is such information (and similar from previous generations) gathered? Do you somehow look into the game data? Also, thank you so much.

On another note, using Infernape and Wash Rotom, I finally managed to reach and win the boss battle at #49 on the Super Multi Train 'with Trainer' (as opposed to 'with friend'), which was something I was quite sure would never happen. I may have only thought so because my previous attempts haven't been all that serious, though. I got close to defeat in battle #48 when Tangrowth 4 used its Lax Incense to evade three 100% accuracy moves in a row, but otherwise the sailing was surprisingly smooth. If the developers include a rentals Train (Battle Factory analogue) in the sequels, I wonder if it will exceed the difficulty of this mode, because teaming up with AI-controlled, randomly selected rentals can be really tricky.
As a more casual player (well semi-serious I guess) I would never go that far personally, especially because I'm often swapping teams and pokemon, and I rarely repeat whole teams, so it would feel kinda pointless (I don't think I could get good quality data on any particular pokemon/set because I just don't use anything that much bar maybe Dragonite). My approach is to just have fun building and playing teams, and if I manage a good streak then yay for me (I don't even run damage calcs or anything). I should say that I do form a 'mental' checklist of specific threats to the team I'm currently using (as I go up against them), but that can't compare to actually gathering enough data to state the overall risk of defeat/victory, let alone using being able to use it to built new teams.

That approach does sound like a good idea though and I could see it being beneficial for those looking to get huge streaks, though it would take ages! The team building potential is particularly attractive; being able to have a data base of a particular pokemon's performance/specific match-ups would be very useful for trying to find good partners/replacements for team members. Good luck if you continue with this method. As an aside, if you ever make lots of progress with it then I would encourage you to post it here. I'm sure many other players could benefit from it!

Also, lol Multi. My record for Multi with the in-game trainer is exactly 49 I think. Most of the time I lose because the partner picks crap like Lax Incense Beartic or Cryogonal and just lets them die while you can't do anything about it (if Ally Switch could be used in Multi this might not be as big of a deal, but it can't so it is). Also, predicting your partner's actions is just awful sometimes. It is fun though, in its own way. If I were to try Multi again I would probably like to run something with Fake Out (or even Follow Me/Rage Powder) on my lead to help with your partner's inability to switch out of obvious danger.

Has this thread seriously been this dead? Well, nothing much to see here. Just added a 2nd decent streak with my Darm/Ferro/Gar team.

I lost because I wasn't paying attention. I guess I forgot to look up the new trainer because the page I had open showed a moveset that couldn't touch Gengar so I sent it out even though it was down to the sash, and then the opponent proceeded to KO it.

That looks like a carbon copy of the Gen 4 Battle Frontier sets, especially due to the lack of any Gen 5 Pokemon, items, or moves. Mistake?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
That looks like a carbon copy of the Gen 4 Battle Frontier sets, especially due to the lack of any Gen 5 Pokemon, items, or moves. Mistake?
I probably should have looked at the data first. Apparently the Gen 4 Battle Frontier movesets are in the game's data for some reason. I think I've got the real stuff, give me a few more minutes.

Edit: Here's the other stuff I could find but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I'm looking for:

BW Subway Movesets from the BW2 data:
http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData2.txt

BW Subway Movesets from the BW2 data with all Sky Drop replaced with something else:
http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData5.txt

New Movesets followed by BW Subway Movesets from the BW2 data:
http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData3.txt

New Movesets followed by BW Subway Movesets from the BW2 data with all Sky Drop replaced with something else:
http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData4.txt

It might be that there aren't new movesets in the Battle Frontier. I'll try to keep looking for them.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Many thanks for posting, TRE. Will certainly been fun to start working on streaks in BW2! And the move tutors will be exceptionally helpful too, as they'll open up a lot of moves that used to require pokemon to be caught or hatched in Gen 4, where RNG was more difficult.

I wonder whether the World Championship thingy and the Battle Skyscraper/Whatever's in White Forest will be considered battle facilities? Perhaps those movesets fit one of those?

I guess that answers my previous question about how the data are gathered.

This list seemingly contains the teams of:
8 Unova Gym Leaders
Chili
Cress
Cilan
Lenora
Brycen
7 Kanto Gym Leaders
8 Johto Gym Leaders
Janine
9 Hoenn Gym Leaders
8 Sinnoh Gym Leaders
Team of Musharna/Samurott/Emboar/Serperior/Stoutland/Haxorus (Hilbert/Hilda/Bianca?)
Koga*
Bertha*
Will/Lucian/Caitlin*
Aaron*
Phoebe/Shauntal*
Drake*
Akuroma*
Sidney*
Karen/Grimsley*
Grimsley/Karen*
Blue
Lance
Steven
Wallace
Cynthia
Alder
Red

*The 10 teams I've listed as possibly being those belonging to Trainers Koga, Bertha, Will/Lucian/Caitlin, Aaron, Phoebe/Shauntal, Drake, Akuroma, Sidney, Karen/Grimsley, and Grimsley/Karen, who with the exception of Akuroma aren't found in the game data as far as I know, seem to be chosen based on type in order to even out the type-distribution of the Gym Leaders. For example, Dark-type isn't represented at all otherwise, so 3 teams of that type. Poison-, Ground-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dragon-, and Steel-types also get 1 each for a total of 3. Same applies to Psychic-type if one counts Tate & Liza as one, although they do have two separate teams of 6.

Before the BW Subway pkmn (starts at 277), this list seemingly contains the teams of:
8 Unova Gym Leaders
Chili
Cress
Cilan
Lenora
Brycen
7 Kanto Gym Leaders
8 Johto Gym Leaders
Janine
9 Hoenn Gym Leaders
8 Sinnoh Gym Leaders

Differences between http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData2.txt and http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData5.txt are:
117 Rufflet: Sky Drop --> Aerial Ace
234 Skarmory: Sky Drop --> Steel Wing
327 Braviary: Sky Drop --> Crush Claw
504 Aerodactyl: Sky Drop --> Dragon Claw
962 Thundurus: Sky Drop --> Revenge
969 Articuno: Sky Drop --> AncientPower

Differences between http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData3.txt and http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData4.txt are:
1-276: replaced with Gym Leader teams
323 Weavile: Razor Fang --> Chople Berry

Differences between http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData5.txt and http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BW2BattleFrontierData4.txt are:
1-276: replaced with Gym Leader teams
277 Toxicroak: Brick Break --> Bullet Punch
292 Accelgor: Me First --> Feint
301 Politoed: Waterfall --> Endeavor
304 Heracross: Swords Dance --> Bulk Up
304 Heracross: Brick Break --> Revenge
305 Ursaring: Thrash --> Chip Away
313 Ninetales: Extrasensory --> Hex
315 Shuckle: Encore --> Helping Hand
323 Weavile: Razor Fang --> Chople Berry
326 Mandibuzz: Flatter --> Fake Tears
327 Braviary: Crush Claw --> Sky Drop
379 Salamence: Scary Face --> Thunder Wave
388 Typhlosion: Will-O-Wisp --> Foresight
389 Feraligatr: Ice Fang --> Ice Punch
397 Emboar: Bulldoze --> Heavy Slam
399 Dugtrio: Protect --> Memento
402 Quagsire: Earthquake --> Counter
405 Mr. Mime: Wide Guard --> Hypnosis
405 Mr. Mime: Quick Guard --> Wake-Up Slap
412 Hariyama: Protect --> Detect
416 Manectric: Discharge --> Snarl
466 Escavalier: Swords Dance --> Screech
470 Seismitoad: Poison Jab --> Waterfall
477 Pinsir: Bug Bite --> Me First
479 Heracross: Megahorn --> X-Scissor
481 Houndoom: Flame Charge --> Reversal
482 Donphan: Flail --> Ice Shard
486 Drapion: Crunch --> Pursuit
494 Conkeldurr: Bulk Up --> Wide Guard
499 Gliscor: Acrobatics --> Metal Claw
504 Aerodactyl: Dragon Claw --> Sky Drop
514 Chandelure: Will-O-Wisp --> Acid Armor
522 Lucario: Hone Claws --> Agility
531 Mamoswine: Ice Fang --> Payback
556 Garchomp: Fire Blast --> Surf
558 Slaking: Retaliate --> Body Slam
584 Skarmory: Night Slash --> Volt Switch
685 Exeggutor: AncientPower --> Outrage
738 Typhlosion: Extrasensory --> Frost Breath
745 Empoleon: Whirlpool --> Mean Look
773 Vileplume: Giga Drain --> After You
774 Victreebel: Gastro Acid --> Encore
794 Druddigon: Superpower --> DynamicPunch
876 Mienshao: Muscle Band --> None
883 Crobat: Aerial Ace --> Brave Bird
890 Gyarados: Aqua Tail --> Rock Slide
902 Dragonite: Superpower --> Cross Chop
950 Zapdos: Light Screen --> Reflect
962 Thundurus: Revenge --> Sky Drop
969 Articuno: AncientPower --> Sky Drop
976 Regice: Thunder Wave --> Will-O-Wisp
983 Latias: Hone Claws --> Dragon Dance

Some moves are incompatible in BW and Garchomp 2 is listed with two Surfs.

Recently I was playing Battle Factory on bus/during lectures/at grandma's etc. to kill time and surprisingly achieved something.

Two streaks in Battle Factory, 48 and 46

I hate Thorton, I was so close to getting Gold Print and he haxed me off it... Not to mention constant Starmies at battle #21... Once, the fastest Pokemon I met in 15-20 was Primeape. You can only imagine my rage and despair when he started with Starmie.

Generally, the most important thing in Battle Factory is being lucky at battle 21 because you have 0% chance of winning half the time. Battle #14 can be frustrating as well. Rest comes down to skill and a little bit of luck.
Level 100 sucks, everything has too long HP meters.

Streak 48
Great team, Garchomp 4, Infernape 4, Snorlax 1 (exchanged something mediocre for it), it was going really well until Frontier Brain battle.
89-61513-30441
Chomp Outrages Poliwrath, he's left with ~30% HP, Hypnosis.
Asleep, crit Focus Punch.
Infernape comes in. I made a grave mistake here, was afraid of Wacan Berry (no access to PC at the time, couldn't check) and Def/SpDef drop, so I went with EQ*, he survived and KO'd me with EQ.
Snorlax comes in, Hypnosis.
Asleep, Waterfall.
Asleep, Focus Punch, KO.
Such a shame.
Weezings 234 had decent chance at defeating me though, even if I had KO'd Poliwrath with Infernape, makes my bad decision hurt a little less... (Swagger / Lax Incense + Explosion / Quick Claw + Destiny Bond)
*was sure it would be enough, how naive of me... Adamant Chomp's Outrage is much more than Jolly Ape's EQ... like 7:3

Was despaired at one moment (36+?) when I got those six to choose from: http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7826/dsc02051ol.jpg Rhyperior being the best by far, I don't know how I managed to pull this off, Rhyperior ftw, Horn Drill has at least 60 acc

Streak 46
Battles 36-42
Really nice setup
Gengar 3
Infernape 4
Slaking 3
Torterra 3
Mismagius 3
Dragonite 4

vs Ground, D, I, M (Whiscash, Electivire 2, Donphan 2)
vs Ground, no changes (Politoed, Mamoswine, Rhyperior 3)
vs Steel, no changes (Lucario 3, Exploud 3, Skarmory 3)
vs random, no changes (wasn't looking at the screen, lol, Blaziken 2)
vs random, no changes (Donphan 3, Ampharos, Leafeon 3)
vs Steel, no changes (Kangaskhan 3, Lucario 3, Forretress)
vs random, no changes (Drapion4, Dewgong, Drifblim)

CB Outrage/Earthquake, Mismagius cleans up, Infernape as back up, used only once. It was too easy. Something bad was bound to happen soon.

Battles 43-47
And here it is, all of them are awful to mediocre at best.
Sceptile 4
Glaceon 4
Forretress 2
Porygon2 4
Drapion 2
Lapras 4

vs random, L, P2, S (Muk 3, Rhyperior 3, Mr. Mime 3)
vs random, L, P2 -> R, S (Floatzel 4, Breloom 4, Flareon 4)
vs Dark, no changes (Weavile 4, Lanturn 4, Honchkrow 4)
vs Rock, L, R, S->W (Tyranitar 3, Armaldo, Dewgong 3)
vs Ground, no changes (Scizor 4, Quagsire, Gastrodon 4)
Scizor kills Lapras with flinch, takes nothing from Weavile, halfs Rhyperiors HP, Quag dies to Horn Drill, Gastrodon kills with Earth Power.

Battle Subway Super Singles Line: 241
Team: Cloyster, Garchomp, Suicune
Battle Video of Battle 242 Loss: 41-55344-44597

So I shamelessly copied Peterko's Cloyster/Garchomp/Suicune v2 team and gave it a run. Aside from the occasional Suicune stall war, the team was pretty fun to use.

After a day of successful battling, I lost my fourth battle of the next day due to a total brain fart. The opponent led with a Mienshao. Since I didn't want Garchomp to take a HJK, I just sacrificed Cloyster after it let off a Spear. I'm always a bit nervous when Cloyster goes down so quickly, but I still felt confident. Garchomp came out to secure the KO with Earthquake.

The opponent sent out Ferrothorn. I used Earthquake for some damage, and Ferrothorn started to Curse up. The guide said that Suicune could easily outstall Ferro, so I switched in Suicune, who took a Rock Smash defense drop (which I didn't notice). I drained Rock Smash's PP with Substitute while setting up Calm Minds; if I had been smart, I would have tried to burn the Ferrothorn with Scald. Eventually, Suicune was forced to use Rest, and Ferrothorn hit it for an absurd amount of damage with Gyro Ball, 2HKOing it.

Garchomp was my last hope. I used Fire Fang for laughable damage, and Ferrothorn delivered the coup de grace with Gyro Ball. The opponent's last Pokemon was Scizor, so if Garchomp was at decent health and the Scizor didn't have Occa, I could have won.

Oh, well. This is the farthest I've ever gotten in a Battle Tower-like Singles facility, and I made the Top 10. I bred my own Naughty Cloyster and posted it on Pokecheck if anyone else wants to try out the team. You should be able to find the other Pokes on there.

FYI: It should be noted that the revised Garchomp can be OHKOed by a max damage crit Flash Cannon from Magnezone. However, as there's only a 1/256 chance of this occurring, the line has to be drawn somewhere. I don't think any EVs should be shifted from Attack, since Garchomp has some borderline OHKOs with max Attack.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
So yeah this is my first post in that thread because it's the first time I've made it to at least 70. I'm kinda happy with that streak though. This is a 73 win streak in BW Battle Subway. (edit, forgot to mention it was singles.)

I made it to 73 win streak using this team: Scizor / Latios / Garchomp. Scizor works well with dragons because it easily beats opposing ice types and the dragons beat everything else etc. everyone knows what they do. I lost in a really terrible way so I'd like to let everyone know.

I send out Scizor, opponent sends out Dragonite.
Scizor uses Bullet Punch, Dragonite uses Fire Punch (bad play on my part, I should have learned the sets), Scizor is dead.
I send out Garchomp. Dragonite's Quick Claw activate, Dragonite uses Superpower, Garchomp uses Outrage, Dragonite is dead.
He sends out Lickylicky. Garchomp uses Outrage, Lickylicky uses Body Slam. Garchomp is confused & eats its Lum Berry.
Garchomp uses Earthquake, Garchomp MISSES, Lickylicky uses Power Whip, Garchomp is dead.
I send out Latios. Latios uses Psyshock, Latios MISSES, Lickylicky uses Explosion, Latios is dead
Defeat.

So yeah as you can see my opponent got its hax items to work 3 times in a 5 turns battles, which is incredibly lame, but I guess that's what I get for using non set-up teams or for not using Sandstorm with Garchomp.

Now on the team, here is what I've been using:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
Technician
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
Pursuit might be weird, but I also use that Scizor for online battles, and besides, it hits Ghost for super effective which I guess can be cool with Technician. The Speed investment is very useful as I hit 100 speed at level 50 which is enough to outspeed more than half of everything in Subway, and pretty much everything else loses a huge amount of HP from max attack Bullet Punch. I lead with Scizor because I can U-Turn to break sashes and stuff like that and I can scout for easy set up for Garchomp etc.

Latios (LATIOS) @ Life Orb
Timid
Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
I've been using that Latios for a very long time (since gen 4, hence the capitalized name) and it is a monster. Latios is probably the pokemon on this team that have the most kills and it oftens 3-0 opponents. It also saves me for that Starmie which has Ice Beam as it can take Surf+IB and strike back with Thunderbolt.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly
Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance
Garchomp is insane but mine has terrible IVs. It has the same speed at level 50 as my 31 IV max speed Hydreigon, which is a base 98 as opposed to 102. I should probably try to get a better one, but it's very long and I don't feel like it now. Lum Berry is incredibly useful against the sheer number of status pokemon there are.

Here is a proof of my streak :

I'm going to try to get a 3 digits win streak now, I'll tweak my team a little and will probably post again. Until then, farewell.

One really noobish question but where do I go to take a screen shot of the record just like Jirachi's? Is it one of the options after battling an opponent? Thanks :)

atsync

One really noobish question but where do I go to take a screen shot of the record just like Jirachi's? Is it one of the options after battling an opponent? Thanks :)
Check your Vs. Recorder.

EDIT: Ok since it's been a little while since I posted a singles record, I'll just post this short but sweet streak with a team I've been using for fun. I got a streak of 85 with this:

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Protect

Sawk @ Lum Berry
Sturdy
Close Combat
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Scald
Calm Mind
Substitute
Rest

Simple strategy, set up and pass to Sawk and attempt a sweep.

Ninjask isn't really special and it should be obvious how it works. The only thing I should note is that I gave ita Naughty nature with 0 HP, Def and Sp Def IVs to try and encourage opponents to simply attack me rather than try anything like status or Taunt. In my experience this seems to have worked nicely. I probably recieved one random Thunder Wave, but that's it (and Speed Boost cancelled out the speed reduction anyway). In most battles I simply boost and pass. X-scissor is filler but I use it to break Sturdy and Sash sometimes. I did pull off an occasional Ninjask sweep against dumb opponent's, but this is very rare.

I went with Sawk because Sturdy helps it get in safely, which is important because Ninjask is a hit magnet. Sturdy + Lum Berry means that Sawk can get in and start sweeping reliably. A Sawk with 2+ Att and Spe is just terrifying. Almost all opponents who lack a fighting resistance are going down and it got 3-0 sweeps that would make Cloyster would be proud. However, Sawk's main problem is its rather thin movepool. Seriously, Taunt is only being run because there are literally no other options besides maybe Reversal or Return (I would only use Taunt to stop a Psychic setting Trick Room which did cost me one streak with this team). It would dearly love a powerful Dark/Ghost move. Payback is stupid when a supereffective one is merely equal to a neutral Earthquake. A possible alternative would be to run Hard Stone + Fling, which provides a 100 base power Dark attack, but being one use only makes it seem gimmicky and I'd miss Lum Berry a bit. Hmmm...

Suicune is a little bit odd and I kinda just threw it on out of lazyness (and there are probably better choices in the 3rd position) but it is such a good pokemon and it put in work. If my whole "pass to Sawk and murder stuff" strategy fails, Suicune can come in and just win the battle. It also benefitted from Ninjask passing it speed boosts. Suicune works even better if it outspeeds everything. Of course, Suicune needs 3+ Spe to outspeed all possible opponents which is only possible at the start of the battle when Ninjask is at 100% hp, but 1+ will do in some situations and 2+ only falls short against speed demons and scarfers. Another advantage of Suicune is that it doesn't need Att boosts which is nice if Ninjask is weakened and Sawk dies (I can simply Protect and Baton Pass to give Suicune 1+ Spe without worrying about not being able to pass Att anymore).

Suicune is totally expendable though. I have thought that maybe Scizor could work as a replacement, because it can deal with priority moves with its own Bullet Punch, it can recieve Ninjask's boosts safely thanks to its typing and bulk, and it can deal with Psychics and Trick Room reasonably well. It can also Swords Dance itself which would put less pressure on Ninjask to pass attack boosts to it. I dunno.

Anyway, generally the battle plan is this:
  • First I decide who the best recipient is.
  • If Sawk, Protect + Swords Dance + Baton Pass to Sawk and try a sweep. This tends to be my preferred option since it can end the battle quickly.
  • If Suicune, try Protect twice. If both work, pass the boosts to Suicune and keep the Sash active. If the second Protect fails (i.e. the Sash breaks), use Protect a third time to get an extra speed boost as compensation for the Sash breaking and then pass to Suicune. Then set Suicune up and sweep.
Obviously there are times where I might deviate from this. As I said, if the lead has Sash or Sturdy and Suicune is not a good option (Magnezone says hi) then I have Ninjask attack first. In the Magnezone example I Protect and then X-Scissor, and then pass to Sawk and finish it off with Earthquake. I Protect first because then if Magnezone paralyses me then I'm still faster due to speed boost, giving me a chance to pass.

This works both ways too. That is, if I get into a situation where Magnezone (or another Sturdy or Sash pokemon) comes out when Sawk is active but injured, I try Earthquake (or whichever move is strongest), and if Sturdy activates and Sawk dies then Ninjask (who is almost certainly alive unless I make a mistake during set up) can come in and knock off the final hit point with X-Scissor while gaining a Spe boost. That way, I can hopefully Protect and pass 2+ Spe to Suicune, and if a priority move ruins this then Suicune can still set up against many things anyway.

So yeah, this team is fun but a lot of things can go wrong and it obviously has severe flaws (besides the standard stuff like Trick Room) that will likely prevent streaks longer than this. I can play around Sturdy and Sash but it often involves making a sacrifice, and if the back-ups are bad match-ups for my remaining pokemon andI get unlucky then I'm probably going to lose. Same applies to priority attacks. There are many times where both Ninjask and Sawk are at 1 hp from the set up, and if a priority attacker comes in then they are dead meat. This is what ultimately lost me my best streak.

Basically, I got Sawk to 2+ Att and Spe, but it recieved a crit on the way in leaving it at 1 hp (Ninjask was at 1 hp also). I OHKOed the first 2 pokemon, but then this came in:

762 | Hariyama | Careful | Sitrus Berry | Belly Drum | Brick Break | Ice Punch | Bullet Punch | Def/SpD

Bullet Punch killed Sawk and Ninjask, and then Hariyama set up Belly Drum and killed me before I could kill it. Scald did laughable damage and Sitrus Berry meant that I needed a burn or crit to win, which didn't come. I think I might have misplayed a bit by setting up Substitute while it used Belly Drum. Using Scald for a potential burn might have been better, or maybe Calm Mind (not sure if Calm Mind would have helped though).

But yeah I kinda knew it was going to happen after a while, so I'm not really upset at all. As I said I made this for fun and it was. I'm not sure why I wrote so much on this team though haha; what the hell was I thinking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)