Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I'm not familiar with the storyline, or the map really, but would it be possible to just run from or avoid every battle involving lower leveled pokemon and get to the Virbank Complex to catch a Growlithe? From there you could just split xp by having Snivy lead and switch Growlithe in immediately. I mean it would suck but I'm just trying to think of ways to make it work.

Also I enjoyed reading your post. I got a few laughs from it.

I'm not familiar with the storyline, or the map really, but would it be possible to just run from or avoid every battle involving lower leveled pokemon and get to the Virbank Complex to catch a Growlithe? From there you could just split xp by having Snivy lead and switch Growlithe in immediately. I mean it would suck but I'm just trying to think of ways to make it work.

Also I enjoyed reading your post. I got a few laughs from it.
Thanks nice to see you got a few laughs as that's what I was aiming for.

As an answer to your question. I'm currently at a higher level then Riolu, meaning it's impossible for me to catch it basically as I can' attack it.

Again thanks for reading and I should have the first gym up soonish.

MB, try saving your game, hope to encounter Riolu, and try the ball on the get-go and hope to get lucky, 'cause it doesn't have that great a catch rate (75)...

MB, try saving your game, hope to encounter Riolu, and try the ball on the get-go and hope to get lucky, 'cause it doesn't have that great a catch rate (75)...
I got the second Riolu I saw (the first I koed because of a crit). Thanks for the tips. What did you think of my first part and is there anything i can do to improve?

dinodan, take Slug the Shellos.

Slug misinterprets her name and think she's a slug to be fired from and a slug gun. So she's preparing for that day where she'll be fired out of a cannon.

As a shellos, she releases that a slug being fired out of a slug gun is a a ranged attack, so she must specialize in ranged attacks. As much Slug my not learn any physical attacks.

When she reaches Maylene, and learns that Maylene thinks that she's too good for guns. Solo Maylene to prove that guns are better then karate and also to evolve.

Slug now must be involved in all fights vs Black Belts.

As a Gastodon, Slug is now too big to be fired out of slug gun. She'll be too depressed and won't battle until you go into the Candalave Library. At this point you'll show here a book about cannons, and his renews Slug's hope that she still may be used as a deadly projectile. If you choose to go to Iron Island you must only use Slug because Slug is too happy to not be at first in your party.

Slug must solo Cyrus at the peak of Mt.Coront to test his power now, as he needs significantly more power to fulfill his role as a cannonball now.

Finally, Slug must solo Cynthia's Gastrodon, as he once laughed at Slug's dream when he was only a little kid. After defeating Cynthia's Gastrodon, Slug will have an adrenaline rush and solo the next pokemon as well.

Summary
-Slug can't learn Physical attacks
-Solo Maylene to evolve.
-After soloing Maylene, Slug must be involved in all fights vs Black Belts.
-After evolving, Slug won't battle until you take her to the Candalave Library (for this time ignore the black belt requirement).
-Must be the only pokemon you use on Iron Island (unless KOed).
- Must solo Cyrus at the peak of Mt. Coronet.
-Must solo Cynthia's Gastrodon and the pokemon sent out after it.

Hopefully this is good enough dinodan.

I liked the update also :D

It was pretty good.
Thanks! Next update is up today!

My first Scramble Challange

My first post here on Smogon is also my first Scramble Challange.

Version: Yellow

Rules:

• The person who picks the first Pokemon also picks the version. (Pika25 picked the first Pokemon and picked Yellow version!)
  • Legendaries are OK.
  • I cannot trade at all. (I don't own another RBY cartridge to trade to!)
  • The challange will run through Mewtwo.
  • Be creative!
Pokemon:

Cannot use any moves except these:

• Thundershock
  • Tail Whip
  • Quick Attack
  • Thunderbolt
  • Agility
  • Thunder
  • Swift
  • Double Edge
Must solo Brock's Geodude
Cannot fight against Misty
Must solo Lt. Surge
Must solo Rival's Eevee/Eevee evolution every time
Must deal the KO blow to Lance's Dragonite

Cannot have 2+ moves that are super effective against same type (including status moves)
Cannot evolve until all moves are usable
Must solo Cerulean Cave (excluding Mewtwo)

Cannot use items except TMs and Poke Flute on sdrawkcaB
Cannot use Bicycle, Surf, or Fly when in lead position
Must solo all Bikers that are not on Cycling Road
Must solo a male Gym Leader (due to other team members' requirements, this means Koga)

Catch Random the Magikarp and evolve it ASAP. Once it evolves, roll a 6-sided die. What you get is what Level up move Random gets. 1 is the first Level up move and so on.

Flip a coin: If heads - Strength. If tails - Surf

Go to a RNG and input 21: Whatever number comes out, Look down the TM list from the top that Random can learn and follow that until you reach the move that matches the result. (EX. If you get 12, teach it Tbolt)

The last move is your choice.

Solo Giovanni, Blaine, and Bruno. Have fun :D

Also, please tell us what moves that you get :)

Those moves are Tackle, Surf, and Blizzard. The move of my choice is Thunderbolt.

As Sandshrew:
-Upon reaching level 10, must use Sand-Attack upon entering battle, and every other move.
-Solo Rival at Pokemon Tower (minus Eevee) to evolve

As Sandslash:
-Lead your party
-Solo Rival's Sandslash from now on

Must learn and keep Leech Seed
Must use Leech Seed once health falls below 50% (even if Leech Seed fails) against trained Pokemon unless Leech Seed has been used already
Can evolve to Ivysaur at any time
Solo Erika's Gloom without using items to evolve to Venusaur

Updates: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Final

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon, let alone the scramble thread, Duckie. You get Yellow, and Ash the Pikachu. For full details, search this thread for another Ash the Pikachu post.

Sorry if this is a DP, but I am hereby canceling my B2W2 Scrambles for myself and my friend that I mentioned a few posts ago. Cannot keep track of the team members we get; apparently everything is either too cumbersome or somehow forgotten.

If nobody minds, I'll reserve for PSDuckie. I will edit the challange in much later, specifically after I wake up.

EDIT: Actually, I'm still feeling tired and I can't think of anything good, so I'm withdrawing my reservation, at least for now.

reserving for PSDuckie
Take Zod the Venonat
Zod thinks it can be the most versatile pokemon ever, so it cannot have any moves that are super effective against the same type(this includes status moves)Example: Tackle and Leech Life are fine, but Tackle and Supersonic are not. It cant evolve until all of it's moves are usable. Also must solo Cerulean Cave, excluding Mewtwo.

PSDuckie, take sdrawkcaB (or Backwards if you'd like) the Ponyta. It's a well known fact that people ride horses. However, sdrawkcaB is a bit mixed up in that regard. It believes that it's a person, and trainers are horses. As such, it refuses to have any items be used on it, as it sees you as an inferior (note: you can still use TMs and the Poke Flute on it). sdrawkcaB also believes that "horses" are solely meant to be a method of transportation, meaning that you cannot ride your Bicycle, Surf, or Fly whenever sdrawkcaB is leading your party. sdrawkcaB must also solo every Biker that isn't on Cycling Road. sdrawkcaB knows from experience that some "horses" are tougher than others and need to be taught respect. Because of this, it decides to take care of one of them personally (translation: solo 1 male Gym Leader).
Have fun! If there's anything wrong with this, don't hesitate to tell me what!

Thank you for all your excellent Scramble Pokemon suggestions!

I still have two slots open for my Scramble Challange, and I am going to need one Pokemon that is capturable before Cerulean City in order to fulfill Ash's requirement. (I can't fight a Gym Leader with no Pokemon!)

Thanks again!

PSDuckie,

Take Jacob the Sandshrew. Jacob is very timid ans as such, he is unwilling to stay in battle without protecting himself. Through traveling and battling with your party, he begins to gain some confidence. Once he feels he is ready to prove himself, he must solo your rival at the Pokemon Tower (minus eevee of course) in order to evolve. After winning, his confidence is through the roof and he wants to lead your party for the rest of the game. He also picks up a personal vendetta against your rival's Sandslash, and must solo it any time you encounter him again.

As Sandshrew:
-Must use Defense Curl upon entering battle, and ever other move.

As Sandslash:
-Lead your party

Also,

Just need one more for my Emerald scramble.

EDIT: Ooh...PSDuckie, I didn't think about that lol. Looks like Jacob will be soloing Misty unless someone saves you.

iamnotiangibson, take Rufus the Vulpix. Rufus is extremely fast, and thus must keep Quick Attack on his movelist. He is also extremely protective of his trainer and teammates (keep Safeguard on movelist).

However, Rufus is afraid of dogs, and cannot be in a battle against a dog-like Pokemon. To evolve, put Rufus in a Double Battle with Harbinger.

As a Ninetales, Rufus has conquered his fear, and wants to protect his trainer even more. His final challenge is to solo Sidney's Mightyena.

(This is my first attempt at making a Scramble Pokemon. How did I do?)

PSDuckie,

Take Jacob the Sandshrew. Jacob is very timid ans as such, he is unwilling to stay in battle without protecting himself. Through traveling and battling with your party, he begins to gain some confidence. Once he feels he is ready to prove himself, he must solo your rival at the Pokemon Tower (minus eevee of course) in order to evolve. After winning, his confidence is through the roof and he wants to lead your party for the rest of the game. He also picks up a personal vendetta against your rival's Sandslash, and must solo it any time you encounter him again.

As Sandshrew:
-Must use Defense Curl upon entering battle, and ever other move.

As Sandslash:
-Lead your party

Also,

Just need one more for my Emerald scramble.

EDIT: Ooh...PSDuckie, I didn't think about that lol. Looks like Jacob will be soloing Misty unless someone saves you.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to reject this Pokemon. Sandshrew never learns Defense Curl in Yellow, and there is no TM for it. Thus, the requirement for Jacob to use Defense Curl upon entering battle and every other move is impossible.

Sorry about this being so late >_>

here's your mon:

Catch Random the Magikarp and evolve it ASAP. Once it evolves, roll a 6-sided die. What you get is what Level up move Random gets. 1 is the first Level up move and so on.

Flip a coin: If heads - Strength. If tails - Surf

Go to a RNG and input 21: Whatever number comes out, Look down the TM list from the top that Random can learn and follow that until you reach the move that matches the result. (EX. If you get 12, teach it Tbolt)

The last move is your choice.

Solo Giovanni, Blaine, and Bruno. Have fun :D

Also, please tell us what moves that you get :)

I have never played Emerald..

I finally got the GBA emulator to work on my Razr Maxx.. so I can finally play this story.

I honestly have no idea what to expect or who to look forward to.

So let's scramble it up.

I cannot trade.. as it's on an android phone emulator.. so.. keep that in mind.

keep it fun!

I will keep this updated as I can take screenshots of my games on the phone and upload them here, will be cool.

I have never played Emerald..

I finally got the GBA emulator to work on my Razr Maxx.. so I can finally play this story.

I honestly have no idea what to expect or who to look forward to.

So let's scramble it up.

I cannot trade.. as it's on an android phone emulator.. so.. keep that in mind.

keep it fun!

I will keep this updated as I can take screenshots of my games on the phone and upload them here, will be cool.

Take Varied the Whismer. I'll edit later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)