Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
We soon had to defeat a team aqua goon that was troubling Mr. Briney, surely he could have taken out the goons Poochyena with that Wingull of his, I mean, Briney's an old guy, surely Peeko would be around lv70... just sayin'

So, after we did that, we met Briney back at his house who took us on his boat to Dewford town, we immediately spoke to the fisherman to give us an old rod and fished in Dewford.

Bruce
Nature: Brave

Then we headed on it to Granite Cave, whilst crossing everything we had to not find a Zubat.. :P and it paid off. :D

Rhonda
Nature: Naughty

We continued through the cave, levelling up as we went and found Steven at the end of the cave, who gave us TM47... which is no good seeing as though how can I teach Steel Wing to anything I have? :(

The gym battle was looking to be a tough one, 3 fighting types, but just as Roxanne's gym was drowned, Brawly's was literally blown away by Anita's Gust attacks. Awarding us the Knuckle Badge. :D

THE TEAM

Eva - lv16
- Bite
- Tackle
- Sand Attack
- Howl

Todd - lv16
- Confusion
- Tackle
- Gust
- Poison Sting

Monica - lv16
- Water Gun
- Tackle
- Rollout
- Defense Curl

Dwayne - lv16
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Focus Energy

Marvin - lv17
- Pound
- Uproar
- Astonish
- Howl

Anita - lv19
- Absorb
- Gust
- Tackle
- Stun Spore

BOXED
Vincent - lv6
Bruce - lv8
Rhonda - lv10

Alright, just got destroyed by reds meganium in soulsilver, had it down to like, 3 health, then somehow outsped all my pokes, but, since its the beggining, do i really have to go back and start all over? i only hav the second badge, and i really dont feel like griding a zubat or a hoot-hoot anymore =-=

Alright, just got destroyed by reds meganium in soulsilver, had it down to like, 3 health, then somehow outsped all my pokes, but, since its the beggining, do i really have to go back and start all over? i only hav the second badge, and i really dont feel like griding a zubat or a hoot-hoot anymore =-=
Well, the whole point of a Nuzlocke is that there's a condition to lose. You can continue, but then it wouldn't really be a Nuzlocke anymore ):

I decided to start a Nuzlocke on Gold while I wait for that last Pokemon for my Yellow Scramble. My take on the optional rules:

* Repeats - If I end up with 5 Sentrets, that's my bad luck.

* Item use - I can use items at any time, but no Revives.

* Pokemon Center use - Unlimited.

* Legendaries - Not allowed.

* Level limit - No hard cap, but grinding wild Pokemon is disallowed, making for a soft cap.

* Gift Pokemon - Not allowed.

* Switch and set - Playing on set.

My starter is a Cyndaquil named Quilly. As I type this, I'm heading into Cherrygrove for the first time...

EDIT: My safefile got corrupted, so I'm going to have to start over. I'm going to be using Gold version again, and the same starter.

ANOTHER EDIT: Looks like all my Gen II carts wreck savefiles, so I can't do a Gen II Nuzlocke like I wanted to. I might do a Gen III Nuzlocke, but I'll have to think about it.

From Dewford, we pestered Briney once more to take us on his vessel, this time, to Slateport.
When we arrived we made short work of the trainers on the beach, and the same fate was in store for Team Aqua at the museum.
We ventured out to Route 110 and came across...

Lola
Nature: Gentle.
I was pretty ecstatic about adding an Electrike to the team, so Anita was boxed and Lola joined the team.

Lola was getting good levels going from lv12 to lv16 in no time at all, and then, the zigzagoon from Hell in the trick house... Lola copped a headbutt, possibly the strongest headbutt ever to be delivered from a zigzagoon, and didnt stand a chance. :(

After burying the dead and Anita joined the Team once more, we headed up to face May, whom was frolicking around in the tall grass, make of that as you may.

May was pummeled by the team, and we soon arrived in Mauville, we secured HM Rock Smash and headed off to Route 117 to add another Pokemon to the roster.

Fred
Nature: Careful

We defeated Wally and every other trainer in vicinity, and then took out the pathetic Winstrate family.

Wattson proved a decent challenge for the team with Eva and Marvin almost both falling to the same fate as Lola had earlier, but we managed to defeat the leader with no casualties, giving us the Dynamo Badge.

THE TEAM

Monica - lv22
- Water Gun
- Tackle
- Rollout
- Defense Curl

Anita - lv21
- Absorb
- Gust
- Stun Spore
- Morning Sun

Eva - lv22
- Bite
- Tackle
- Sand Attack
- Howl

Todd - lv23
- Confusion
- Gust
- Protect
- Moonlight

Marvin - lv25
- Pound
- Uproar
- Astonish
- Howl

Dwayne - lv27
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Focus Energy

BOXED
Vincent - lv6
Bruce - lv8
Rhonda - lv10
Fred - lv13

GRAVEYARD
Lola - lv16

^^ If you had gotten a shedinja you could have almost flawlessly swept Wattson. Apparently with Wonder Guard his entire team is walled (except for Voltorb or something, but heck, Voltorb is easy to kill)

I am now officially starting a Pokemon Heart Gold Nuzlocke

Rules:

-Battle style is not set
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule
-I will ignore duplicate Pokemon if they are the first Pokemon on the route to promote diversity
-No legendaries will be used
-I WILL go to, challenge, and KO legendaries.
-I WILL catch a shiny if I see it
-Gift Pokemon are allowed
-Egg Pokemon are allowed
-Pokewalker Pokemon are allowed
-Pokemarts are limited to 4 visits per town
-PC healings are limited to 3 uses per town
-Use of Storage system is unlimited
-If a Pokemon faints, I will put it into the PC into the 'Memorial' box
-I will be catching back-ups who will be immediately boxed. (But the 1st pokemon on route still applies)
-Items in battle are limited to hold items and ONE healing item per Pokemon (Healing items include; All HP restoring Items, Not Held Berries, Status Restoring Items. Revives are banned)

Nuzlocke Update: One challege left

Hey everyone! Here's my second to last update on my challenge so far. Team Airstrike has successfully captured the 3 swords-pokemon, captured the roaming Genie, and defeated the true-blue elite four along with Alder. In the second challenge to the elite four, our team suffered major .. sad losses... 3 to be exact. May Darkness the Gothitelle, Rager the Gyarados, and Candy the Escavalier be remembered always. Rager and Candy both helped me catch the 4 legends with a false swipe/ thunder wave combo. To extremely useful and loved pokemon .. I for sure will miss them :'( but in better knews, the remaining team welcomes with open arms 3 new team members, one of which will have to undergoe intense training for our last challenge: The destruction of Landorus, spirit of the Unova shrine. Here's my update of the current team, in the next update ( to come really soon ) I will include all pokemon that I have caught on my journey, dead alive and boxed :)

**Genders will be color coded from now on

Team Airstrike
Modest Shellder

Level 44
Met while fishing on Undella Town's waters at level 44
Ability: Skill Link
Holding: Lucky Egg
Moveset
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Notes: The to-be Killer of Landorus ;)

Relaxed Chandelure

Level 74
Met in Celestial Tower at level 26 as a Litwick
Ability: Flame Body
Holding: Spell Tag
Moveset
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball

Relaxed Reshiram

Level 71
Met in N's Castle as level 50
Ability: Turbo Blaze
Holding: Sky Plate
Moveset
- Dragon Pulse
- Fly
- Reflect
- Fusion Flare

Notes: I still feel bad about using this pokemon, but Sheer is not as insanely powerful as I thought it was. It too had to be saved by a couple of my pokemon, some dying in the process... What i mean to say is, if i had not been forced to use it earlier, I would not have, but since They made me catch it I thought: eh why not, and so now is a great part of my team :)

Lonely Emboar

Level 73
Given to me as a gift in Nuvema Town at level 5 as a Tepig
Ability:Blaze
Holding: Charcoal
Moveset
- Brick Break
- Flame Charge
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up

Mild Goldeen

Level 42
Met while fishing in Striaton City at level 42
Ability: Water Veil
Holding: Nothing
Moveset
- Aqua Ring
- Fury Attack
- Waterfall
- Horn Drill

Notes: Because of Rager's death, I needed a new pokemon to be able to surf and climb waterfalls ... hmm ... welcome to the team new semi-hm slave.

^^ If you had gotten a shedinja you could have almost flawlessly swept Wattson. Apparently with Wonder Guard his entire team is walled (except for Voltorb or something, but heck, Voltorb is easy to kill)
ahhhhh, I was aware of this, but I already had Beautifly in the team and I see her as a better pokemon than Shedinja, due to the fact that it only takes one miscalculation with an opponents moveset (ie. Machop using Rock Tomb) to kill it, not to mention Beautifly has a more desirable moveset for a nuzlocke run.
Also, I see Shedinja as unobtainable in nuzlocke runs, when nincada evolves into ninjask, thats the same pokemon you caught, and the shedinja is a new pokemon, and I dont think that's right to get a free pokemon. :)

Hello everyone! I'm new to this challenge (and the forums) so I decided to give it a try with my Sapphire version. The rules I chose are: unlimited Pokémon Center use, allowed items, no repeats, no legendaries, no gift Pokémon, and switch.

After receiving Greg, the Treecko, the first wild Pokémon I met was a female Zigzagoon I named Meg. I was leveling her up in Route 104 when suddenly Youngster Billy sent his Taillow to kill her. I ran to the Pokémon Center, but it was too late for Meg. I was left with Greg and Marla, a Lotad I found in Route 102. However, as soon as I entered Petalburg Woods a wild Shroomish came to join the team. James and Greg fought against the trainers and Pokémon in the woods. They also helped me beat Roxanne, which was a piece of cake with James' Mega Drain and Greg's Absorb. Now I'm heading to Route 116, where I met Ted, the Whismur. I'll train Ted before battling Team Aqua in the Rusturf Tunnel.

Team:
Greg ♂ Lv. 15
James ♂ Lv. 16
Marla ♀ Lv. 4
Ted ♂ Lv. 6

Memorial:
Meg ♀ Lv. 8

Pokemon Black Nuzlocke complete

** Genders will be color coded

After a massive night of training, intense days of fighting, Team Airstrike has prevailed. We suffered a lot of losses, made lots of friends, and grew strong friendships bonds with each other. As mentioned before, I will not give a full detailed report of all the pokemon I met along the journey, party, boxed, and dead. :) We really did it:
  • Defeated the elite 4 along with N and Ghetsis
    [*]Defeated Cynthia
    [*]Caught the 3 legendary Swords-mon along with Tornadus
    [*]Defeated Kyurem
    [*]Defeated the elite 4 once more, with Alder as its Champion
    [*]Found and defeated Landorus, pokemon of the Unova Shrine

Completing a pokemon Nuzlocke is fun, exciting and frustrating all at the same time. I must say: exploding rocks are even more annoying in gen 5, cause of sturdy -_-

So without further delay, here are all of the pokemon i've obtained throughout this journey and added to Team Airstrike:

Ending Party
Modest Cloyster

Level 72
Met while fishing on Undella Town's waters at level 44 as a Shellder
Ability: Skill Link
Holding: Mystic Water
Moveset
  1. Shell Smash
  2. Hydro Pump
  3. Ice Beam
  4. Iron Defense

Lonely Emboar

Level 73
Given to me as a present in Nuvema Town at level 5, as a Tepig
Ability: Blaze
Holding: Charcoal
Moveset
  1. Brick Break
  2. Flame Charge
  3. Stone Edge
  4. Bulk Up

Relaxed Reshiram

Level 72
Came to me in N's Castle at level 50
Ability: Turboblaze
Holding: Sky Plate
Moveset
  1. Dragon Pulse
  2. Fly
  3. Reflect
  4. Fusion Flare

Notes: For the end challenge of conquering Landorus, Sheer acted as our air travel only

Bashful Thunderus

Level 50
Caught by my associate Ace on route 11 at level 40
Ability: Prankster
Moveset
  1. Revenge
  2. Crunch
  3. Discharge
  4. Agility

Notes: Wind-Blast agreed to partner up with Traveller momentarily, and together summon Landorus

Calm Tornadus

Level 40
Caught in Route 15 at level 40
Ability: Prankster
Moveset
  1. Revenge
  2. Air Cutter
  3. Extrasensory
  4. Agility

Notes: Partnered with Wind-Blast, these pokemon only joined my team to summon Landorus. Now that the task is done, these pokemon are free to do as they please

Mild Goldeen

Level 42
Caught while fishing in Striaton City at level 42
Ability: Water Veil
Moveset
  1. Aqua Ring
  2. Surf
  3. Waterfall
  4. Horn Drill

Notes: She did become semi-hm slave. :D

Boxed​
Level 18
Revival the Naughty Pansage
- Given to me as a.. weird present at level 10 in Dreamyard

Level 17
Fire Star the Quiet Darumaka
- Caught in Route 4 at level 17

Level 19
Stink Shot the Naive Trubbish
- Caught in Route 5 at level 19

Level 28
Dash the Quiet Tranquill
- Caught in Route 7 at level 28

Level 28
Peace the Jolly Herdier
- Caught in Route 1 at level 3

Level 23
Insincere the Calm Foongus
- Caught in Route 6 at level 23

Level 65
Vengence the Lax Druddigon
- Caught in Dragonspiral Tower at level 30

Level 49
Balooney the Rash Drifblim
- Caught in Route 14 at level 49

Level 40
Ploop the Jolly Klang
- Caught in Chargestone Cave at level 26

Level 51
Drillster the Quiet Escadrill
- Caught in Challenger's Cave at level 47

Level 38
Rocky the Gentle Crustle
- Caught in Desert Resort at level 20

Level 33
Muddy the Mild Paplitoad
- Caught in Icirrus City at level 33

Level 50
Follow the Bashful Shellder
- Fished in Undella Bay at level 50

Level 22
Flashy the Timid Cinccino
- Caught in Route 16 at level 22

Level 6
Ghostly the Careful Frillish
- Caught on Route 17 while surfing at level 6

Level 51
Terror the Bold Gigalith
- Caught in Twist Mountain at level 31

Level 50
Turnal the Jolly Noctowl
- Caught in the Abundant Shrine at level 50

Level 33
Fluffy the Impish Audino
- Caught in Route 3 at level 8

Level 48
Sunshine the Mild Solrock
- Caught in Route 13 at level 48

Level 47
Ms. Peppy the Hasty Sunkern
- Caught in Route 12 at level 47

Level 58
Avenger the Quirky Seviper
- Caught near the Village Bridge at level 58

Level 42
Determine the Quiet Terrakion
- Caught in Trial Chamber at level 42

Level 42
Stark the Hardy Cobalion
- Caught in Guidance Chamber at level 42

Level 42
Class the Timid Virizion
- Caught in Rumination Field at level 42

Level 74
Hotty the Relaxed Chandelure
- Caught in Celestial Tower at level 26

Dead
Ticker the Impish Lillipup

Levels 4-12
Caught on Route 2

Trickster the Jolly Yamask

Levels 22-23
Caught in Relic Castle

Woody the Bold Conkeldurr

Levels 14-52
Caught Outside of Pinwheel Forest

Plush Ball the Serious Whimsicott

Levels 14-38
Caught in Pinwheel forest

Kamika the Rash Swanna

Levels 25-51
Caught on Driftveil Drawbridge

Troll pig the Careful Swoobat

Levels 11-37
Caught in Wellspring Cave

Candy the Gentle Escavalier

Levels 49-72
Caught on Route 11

Darkness the Sassy Gothitelle

Levels 33-71
Caught on Route 9

Rager the Calm Gyarados

Levels 5-72
Given to be through shady business deal on the Marvelous Bridge

And that is all there is :) I enjoyed this Nuzlocke a lot, and can't wait to do another. In fact I am starting another lol, a Nuzlocke of pokemon Soul Silver. Updates will come once I get started, probably do an update per gym, but for now I'll list the rules I will be following:
  • Only the first pokemon in each new area seen can be caught ( seen in wild battle/ gift) copies count as first pokemon
  • faint=dead
  • 2 items can be bought per town (healing wise)
  • 3 pokeballs can be bought per town
  • NO LEGENDS. I'm sure this game does not require we catch a legend, so i will have no problem killing them all
  • items usable, unlimited pokemon center

Notes: If I missed something that you would like me to add feel free to let me know

Also a question: The legendary dogs, should I capture them or kill them? It won't be a problem killing them since they only flee, catching them would be the challenge... then again that could prove to be impossible (maybe). So ill take suggestions to help me decide :)

Thanks to all those reading, very very sorry for such huge updates D:

Continuing on from where we left off...
As much as it was tempting to muck around in the game corner.. (yeah, nah) we continued north, with Rhonda acting as a make-shift HM slave, rock smashing the boulder blocking the path, we left a trail of fainted pokemon in our wake on Route 112, before entering the grass and capturing our new team member.

Carlos
Nature: Serious

And not long after in Fiery Cave...

Dawn
Nature: Jolly

We continued our massacre of pokemon on the other side of Route 112, before entering Route 113, with PLENTY of great balls, just in case we got lucky with a Skarmory. But sadly no.

Shelly :3 heheh
Nature: Mild
Another Fire Type.... ARRRRGH, but on the brighter side, at least it wasnt a Spinda.

Wasnt really much to do in Fallabor, so we got TM Dig, grabbed some potions and antidotes and continued on into Route 114..... where YES! finally we get something desirable. :D

Dennis
Nature: Quiet
Anita went back into the box, and Dennis was taken out.
And then the grinding began.... (*inspirational Rocky music*), and between you and me, has anyone ever looked at how long it takes to level up a fucking Swablu, JEEEEZZUS! 'Dennis gained 556 EXP. Points!' (YES!) *bar moves the tiniest amount* GAAAAHHH.
But finally, Dennis was at the same level as the rest of my team. :D and I swear, if anything ever kills it, I will probably rage quit, the amount of time I spent training that thing is ridiculous.

We saved Prof. Cozmo from Team Magma... sorta.. they kinda still got the meteorite... and ran into a wild Zubat, which was killed immediately because who wants a zubat? :/

So, off we went in pursuit of Team Magma/Aqua to Mt. Chimney, where Team Magma were made to look like a pathetic bunch of Youngster Joeys, even Maxie was no match for the awesome power of Monica's Defense Curl/Rollout combo. :D

We traversed the treacherous Jagged Pass, but was unable to find a Spoink, instead..

Harry
Nature: Quiet

Much the same occured at Flannery's Gym, ROLLOUT ALL THE POKEMON!!!
The only hitch in the gym challenge was that Monica got poisoned against Flannery's Slugma's Smog Attack while setting up with Defense Curl, but after we received the Heat Badge, we made it back to the Pokemon Centre in time, where Todd and Marvin were boxed in place of Rhonda and Harry, in anticipation for the massive battle with Norman.

THE TEAM

Monica - lv30
- Bubblebeam
- Tackle
- Rollout
- Defense Curl

Dennis - lv26
- Fury Attack
- Peck
- Astonish
- Sing

Dwayne - lv27
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Focus Energy

Eva - lv27
- Bite
- Tackle
- Swagger
- Howl

Rhonda - lv10
- Arm Thrust
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Focus Energy

Harry - lv21
- Karate Chop
- Leer
- Focus Energy
- Seismic Toss

BOXED
Bruce - lv8
Carlos - lv16
Fred - lv13
Vincent - lv6
Dawn - lv14
Shelly - lv15
Anita - lv26
Todd - lv26
Marvin - lv26

GRAVEYARD
Lola - lv16

Since my Scramble is going really poorly.. I decided to give this a go on a new save file on my emulator [android phone].. I think I will enjoy this more.. and will be able to stick with it as it's more "real"

Emerald Run
Rules:

Pokecenter; unlimited

Repeated Pokemon; allowed

Each patch of grass will be a new location.. as long as the patch of grass is at least 5x5

No items allowed in-battle. no revives at all.

Legendaries are allowed; if my team can survive the battle.. we deserve to use them. 1 legend only per team.

I started out with 'Kippin' the Mudkip, and he was just like me.. a relaxed personality and chill. Once we got the talking with May and Prof out of the way.. we set on our journey.

Our first meeting was with a Poochyena.. unfortunately as we tried to catch it, we crit'd it and missed out. Later we ran into another one to the north of the first PokeCenter and was able to catch it. A bit naive, but not too bad. Patti was now on the squad.

As I was training her, a Wurmple.. yes.. a Wurmple.. pulled out two crits in a row and sent her to the grave.. I honestly couldn't believe it.. since I've never used a Pooch before and was excited to see where we would go.. Naive was decent as well.. but oh well..

Kippin and I ran into a Zigzagoon and we caught him instantly. Zackz is gentle and seems reliable. Unfortunately.. once again.. the crit gods do not want me to be happy early on.. as he fell to a Poocheyna in a trainer battle.. lv5 vs lv5. I thought we had it.. but apparently not.

So far it's been a struggle to find teammates for Kip, but we're still growing strong together so we'll eventually get it together.. hopefully..

My team:

Kippin the Mudkip
lv 9, relaxed

Dead:

Patti, naive lv4

Zackz, gentle lv5

Emerald Nuzlocke pt 2.

A lot of patches of grass between Petalburg and Rustboro.. I might have to adjust the rules so I don't have too many chances at teammates. And I get to bond with the Pokemon I have, blah blah.

Anyways.. I've been working my way up to Rustboro and losing a lot of Pokemon along the way.. I'm really pushing my team more than I should, imo.. which is why so many have died.. which is disappointing because I had a nice Marill I was working with.. and I found another Poochyena that was doing well.. but all went to hell when I pushed him too hard and a Shroomish Effect Spored me into a Poison+Absorb rape that took out 8hp, which was a lot.. ha.

Loaf.. he's cool, and I got lucky to find him.. so I had to go for him.

Lax nature, meh.. but he's doing alright so far.

Lurna is doing fine.. Mild nature, has decent moves and holding her own atm.

Muffin is a new addition, Lonely, and I hope can be on my squad for a while, I'll need some stability later on.

Kippin is still the anchor of the team, and hasn't done much lately as I've been working to lvl up my other Pokemon..he's solid.

Swallow is my new girl, Brave nature and is pretty good. [of course it was vs bug pokemon]. I can see her doing well for the squad, so I look forward to her assistance. Glad i found her early.. since I don't think I'll get another chance at a flying type.

The dead.. so far I'm not thrilled with them dying.. I did want them on my team.. but that was poor training on my part.. I need to fix my ways if I want to survive this journey.

Zackz, Patti, Ponch, Merill, Honch.. RIP. Sorry.

Nuzlocke Update: Soul Silver

The team Airstrike of Pokemon Soulsilver has gone off to a nice start. Chompy and I caught a lot of cool friends, helped Mr. Pokemon exchange eggs with Prof. Elm and even beat the first gym. We were unlucky in not being able to aquire a rock type to fight the gym with .. so Chompy agreed to fill in and totally destroy Falkner and his pidgey-evolution crew.

We also suffered a loss, completely due to my own stupidity and lack of focus while training...

As we left the gym to get healed up, Prof. Elm called with news about this egg. Settled on not training the togepi-to-hatch, but still going to hatch it while in Violet town :D

So here are the current party pokemon (5):

Yoller the Sassy Wooper
Lv.12
Ability: Water Absorb (Hoping that damp won't be more necessary)
Moves
  • Water Gun
  • Tail Whip
  • Mud Sport
  • Mud Shot

Flight the Bashful Spearow
Lv.12
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves
  • Peck
  • Growl
  • Leer
  • Fury Attack

Toughness the Docile Ledyba
Lv.12
Ability: Early Bird
Moves
  • Tackle
  • Supersonic
  • Comet Punch

Prank the Naughty Gastly
Lv.12
Ability: Levitate
Moves
  • Hypnosis
  • Lick
  • Spite
  • Curse

Chompy the Serious Totodile
Lv.14
Ability: Torrent
Moves
  • Scratch
  • Leer
  • Water Gun
  • Bite

Falkner's Roost TM could come be very very useful, and an asset to the team, but i'm undecided as to whether I should use it now or wait for a pokemon that might be better equipped to use it...

Lola the Quiet Zubat
Lv.2

Stingah the Lonely Weedle
Lv.4

Lookout the Timid Sentret
Lv.7
- It really died because of my stupidity.

Slakoth is like.. one of the worst Pokemon to have on a Nuzlocke.. that loafing around almost took his life on 3 different ocassions. I keep forgetting about his ablity in the heat of battle..

Slakoth is like.. one of the worst Pokemon to have on a Nuzlocke.. that loafing around almost took his life on 3 different ocassions. I keep forgetting about his ablity in the heat of battle..
Once it evolves to Vigoroth, dont evolve it further, Vigoroth makes up for all the training you had to do with Slakoth, great attack power. Slaking will just give you the same problems.

DarkMaelstrom here to offer some sagely advice (Or not...it may just be complete crap. I dunno, just throwin' my opinion out there).
airhawk, you may want to consider replacing Toughness soon. Even as a Ledian, it only has 35/55 offenses and some pretty crappy defensive stats (55/50/110). While it might have a nice SpD stat, it won't help matters much taking Rock attacks. However, if you really wanna use it, you could, as I completed a run once with a Jumpluff, boasting similarly terrible 55/55 offenses. It's usable, but far from practical. Just sayin'.
Also, as for your Roost dilemma, I'd say save it for later. Neither Flight nor Toughness have the defenses to utilize it effectively, and using a Potion is more effective in most cases. As with before, whether you use it or not is completely up to you, just putting in my opinion. If you're lucky enough to catch a Skarmory later on, that might be useful, though.
Winky, your team's looking pretty good, though I might suggest replacing some team members. You currently have 3 Fighting-types on your team, each with a Psychic weakness (Duh). Too many weaknesses to one type can be fatal in a Nuzlocke, though I see you have Eva to deal with Psychic-types, which alleviates the issue somewhat (Which might bring this paragraph to a moot point). If you do choose to replace someone, I'd go with Harry, as Dwayne carries Fire moves as well, and Rhonda, as a Hariyama, has some really nice bulk and its Atk isn't much lower than a Machamp's. Also, if you can't trade, Harry'll be really mediocre anyway. Just my opinion. Do with it what you will. I'm sure you're aware of the weakness already, just giving some ideas as to how to reduce the issue a bit.
Phadunk, your team looks pretty nice; don't have much to say about it...though Loaf's ability may lead to his downfall (As you yourself have said). Just be cautious about it (Though I'm sure you know that already).
Like I said, what you choose to do is up to you, I'm just trying to be helpful.
As for my own SS Nuzlocke, I haven't played it for a while (Been working on a White solo run), but I'll try to get something up soon, maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)