Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Just finished a low streak in Super Singles of 46. I know it is low, but I just thought I would share it, since I've seen two other posts using Speed Boost Blaziken (it's good to have friends stationed in japan. lol)

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
Not sure on the IVs, but my friend uses RNG, so I'm sure he's flawless.
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
- Protect
- Sword Dance
- Blaze Kick
- Hi Jump Kick

This dude is such a monster. I normally open with Protect > Sword Dance and proceed to sweep. If the other lead is a buffer/non-damager, I'll typically use SD until he takes the first hit, or +6 depending on which comes first. lol. After typically one SD, he can OHKO most guys with either BK or HJK, and he will outspeed almost any mon after two boosts. If it's an electrode or a fast legendary, I will follow the first SD with another protect, and that will 99% of the time give me the edge.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold Nature
31/31/31/31/31/31
222 HP/252 Def/30 Spe
- Rest
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Just a typical Cune. I was using Lum Berry over Lefties for this first 21, but wanted to see how lefties did over it. I would have used Chesto, but turns out...I don't have any >.>. I have been debating switching Scald to Ice Beam. He doesn't get frozen thanks to Sub a majority of the time, and I got PP stalled by a Vaporeon early in the streak thanks to it having Acid Armor and Water Veil with Water Absorb :(

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Timid Nature
31/30/31/31/31/31
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

I picked the king because of his ground typing, as I can switch him in for Cune if a physical electric type gets switched in. I've never used him before, and didn't realize how hard he hits. But he really is a monster. I just don't think this is the team to utilize him. If I continue to use him for my next attempt, I'll probably switch the T-Bolt to Flamethrower. He is probably the weakest of the crew, but as a whole is not weak. lol.

How I lost:

Blaziken out
Moltres out
I switch Blaziken for Cune
Moltres Air Slashes for a healthy amount of HP (More than a Sub worth)
Moltres Air Slashes again. Cune down to yellow, but Lefties brings him just barely back into green.
Cune Calm Mind
Moltres Air Slashes leaving Cune with about 40+ HP
Cune Scald CH KOing Moltres

Latios out
Latios Dragon Pulse, Cune is barely living
Cune Rest to Full
Latios Calm Minds for the sleep turns
Cune Scald
Latios Dragon Pulse, Cune is at at about 40 something again
Cune Calm Mind
Latios Dragon Pulse, Cune KOed

Nidoking out
Nidoking used Ice Beam, barely doing damage to him
Latios OHKO with Luster Purge

Blaziken out
Blazkin Protects
Latios Dragon Pulse
Blaziken Sword Dance
Latios Luster Purge cracking FS
Blazkin Protect
Latios Dragon Pulse
Blaziken HJK and misses.

I know that's a terrible recap, but I didn't record it. lol.

I want to get a Bisharp for the team as I think a Dark type will benefit a lot. But I'm not sure if that is the best 3rd member or how I even want to set-up Bisharp, so that one is still in the air. The 3rd member I am using as a filler atm, since if Blaziken can't get the job done, Suicune easily does.

Hey BeastMode2010. Just a comment on your Blaziken. With swords dance and speed boost with focus sash, you may like sky uppercut better then high jump kick. With the boost from swords dance you will do noticably less damage, but with no chance of killing youself.

I just wish Blaziken could learn Close Combat. Haha.

Just tied the record for Platinum Battle Factory Open Level Doubles with 30 wins.

(my level 50 factory doubles streak was done on my platinum cart)

I've sunk a ton of time into this format, and I'm really glad I finally at least tied the record. I've lost on the 30th match multiple times. This streak really should have gone further, but I got screwed in match 31.

I don't recall my pokemon for matches 1-14. In the third set I was fortunate enough to get Dragonite 4 in my initial six. I paired it up with Magmortar 3 and tore through the opposition with Choice Band Outrage.

In set 4 I got Cresselia 3 and Swampert 4 in my initial six, which turned out to be a great combo I rode all the way through round 4.

In the fifth set I grabbed Weavile 3, Gyarados 4, and Lucario 4 from my initial six. I was able to win the first two matches and tie the record with ease, but didn't really have any good potential swaps so I stuck with those three.

In my third fight of the fifth set, I was up against an Espeon and Drapion 4. I liked my spot here; Weavile should be able to KO Espeon right off the bat, and an Intimidated Drapion wasn't particularly threatening, so I should be able to grab a Dragon Dance with Gyarados in case something scary comes out as the third Pokemon. Weavile eliminated Espeon as planned, but Drapion crits and kills Gyarados before it even gets to move. The third Pokemon out was Skarmory. Weavile and Lucario combine to take down Drapion, but not before it uses Earthquake, breaking Weavile's sash and taking Lucario down to half health. Skarmory was the fourth set, using Steel Wing to take down Weavile with the Life Orb bringing it down to 90% health. Lucario's Aura Sphere brings Skarmory down to a sliver of health, but isn't able to finish the battle. Skarmory retaliated with Brave Bird, which killed both Lucario and Skarmory, resulting in a draw, ending my streak.

It's extremely frustrating to lose such a long streak to a draw, but I'm happy to have at least tied the record.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Jumpman16, as what I regard as a senior member of this thread I expected more. Your time could have been better spent updating your record than puffing up your chest.
I'm not Jump, nor do I need to defend him as he's a big boy that can handle that himself, but if you believe his 630 streak has sat idle for all these months, then you're being extremely naive. I'll assume you meant he could have spent his time posting an update to his existing record in which case I would counter with: "why?" He has the best streak to date already. No need to "run up the score," so to speak. Until someone else posts here with 631 or better, I can pretty much guarantee we won't know Jumpman's real subway singles record.

Don't mean to single you out so don't take it personally, SA1TS. You were just the latest of a few users to sort of thumb your nose at the discussion being had (between Jump and ntrnsc mtvtn) and some of these "grow up" posts feel just as "juvenile" to me. I personally had no issue with the back and forth and found both posters had interesting things to say. There was a lot of pokemon in those walls of words but I didn't see a whole lot of arrogance, per se. Heightened sensitivity, maybe, but wouldn't you be defensive given the hundreds and hundreds of hours those two seem to have drained on this game? If you can't handle a little bit of fire in someone's post, then ignore it and move on. Nobody said you had to read it. Just please, no more complaining or chiding people for being a little passionate.

There. I'll stop being a hypocrite and get off my soapbox now.

I actually haven't had a terrible time with HJK missing. It super sucked that it ended my streak, but typically that doesn't really happen. But I have been thinking about changing it, as Protect is a pain in the butt. lol

@BeastMode2010: If you want to get a higher streak, you really won't want to lose because of a HJK (or even Blaze Kick) miss. You can use Hone Claws instead of SD, to boost HJK and Blaze Kick to perfect accuracy. Speaking of Blaze Kick though, Stone Edge + HJK gives better neutral coverage than Blaze Kick. With Hone Claws, Stone Edge will have perfect accuracy too, so you might want to try that one out.

Another note, unless you know Suicune is switching in on a resisted attack or an attack that you know will do very little damage (say, from a defensive pokemon), you probably should just let Blaziken faint so that you can set up safely. Suicune most likely should have been able to fully set up to +6/+6 on Moltres unless you get badly flinch/crit haxed -> but substitute is your friend, so unless you get flinched the first couple turns, you basically should be able to set up subs that Moltres cannot break.

I think a steel type may be beneficial for your last pokemon too, but you may have to beware of Zapdos with Heatwave. A Dragon will probably do fine as well.

I'm not Jump, nor do I need to defend him as he's a big boy that can handle that himself, but if you believe his 630 streak has sat idle for all these months, then you're being extremely naive. I'll assume you meant he could have spent his time posting an update to his existing record in which case I would counter with: "why?" He has the best streak to date already. No need to "run up the score," so to speak. Until someone else posts here with 631 or better, I can pretty much guarantee we won't know Jumpman's real subway singles record.

Don't mean to single you out so don't take it personally, SA1TS. You were just the latest of a few users to sort of thumb your nose at the discussion being had (between Jump and ntrnsc mtvtn) and some of these "grow up" posts feel just as "juvenile" to me. I personally had no issue with the back and forth and found both posters had interesting things to say. There was a lot of pokemon in those walls of words but I didn't see a whole lot of arrogance, per se. Heightened sensitivity, maybe, but wouldn't you be defensive given the hundreds and hundreds of hours those two seem to have drained on this game? If you can't handle a little bit of fire in someone's post, then ignore it and move on. Nobody said you had to read it. Just please, no more complaining or chiding people for being a little passionate.

There. I'll stop being a hypocrite and get off my soapbox now.
@Carl - Fair comment. Your correct in saying I meant he could have spent the time updating his record as I'm also convinced he has surpassed his current 630. The most interesting part of this thread for me is seeing new strategies and bigger streaks emerging, I guess I'm just impatient to see the next big streak! The topics (actual subway topics & not posturing) discussed where definitely worth a read.

No offense taken; if you comment on a heated topic you can expect to get some back.

Stupid mistake...

Just lost my streak at 83 wins... Sad. I'll post the picture in a bit. The annoying part was it was just a stupid misplay. The match should have been easy.

Me: Blaziken & Rotom, Scizor & Laitos
Enemy: Vaporeon & Ryperior, Gyarados & Gardevoir

Ryperior was the one with counter, so it had a focus sash and lightning rod.

First Turn:
Blaziken -Protect
Rotom-W - thunder bolt on Vaporeon, no effect due to lightning rod.
Vaporeon used muddy water, not very effective on Rotom-W, Blaziken protected.
Rhyperior used counter, it failed.

Second Turn:
What I WANTED to do... Was hydropump Ryperior AND HJK Ryperior to finish it off. I wasn't paying attention and thunderbolted Ryperior instead............ >:(
Blaziken: HJK missed! Half hp recoil
Rotom-W: Thunder Bolt Rhyperior... No effect
Vaporeon: Muddy water. Not very effective on Rotom-W. Blaziken fainted.
Rhyperior: Avalanch, Rotom-W in the yellow.

Third Turn:
Send out Scizor (Me)
Scizor: Bullet Punch Rhyperior
Rotom-W: Hydro Pump Rhyperior. Ryperior Fainted
Vaporeon: Aqua Ring

Fourth Turn:
Gyarados sent out. (Enemy)
Gyarados intimidate
Scizor: Bullet Punch Gyarados. Not very effective.
Gyarados: Stone Edge Rotom-W. Rotom-W Fainted.
Vaporeon: Yawn on Scizor.

Fifth Turn
Sent out Latios. (Me)
Scizor Bullet Punch Vaporeon. Not very effective...
Latios Thunderbolt Gyarados, Gyarados fainted.
Vaporeon: Blizzard. Not very effective on Scizor. Super effective on Latios. Latios yellow hp.
Scizor falls asleep!

Sixth Turn:
Gardevior sent out. (Enemy)
Latios Thunderbolt Vaporeon. Yellow Hp.
Gardevoir: Focus Blasts Scizor. A critical hit! Scizor Fainted.
Vaporeon: Blizzard! Latios Fainted...

0-2

So Turn 1 and 2 killed me... No question. I'll never allow Rhyperior to mock me like that again!

@BeastMode2010: If you want to get a higher streak, you really won't want to lose because of a HJK (or even Blaze Kick) miss. You can use Hone Claws instead of SD, to boost HJK and Blaze Kick to perfect accuracy. Speaking of Blaze Kick though, Stone Edge + HJK gives better neutral coverage than Blaze Kick. With Hone Claws, Stone Edge will have perfect accuracy too, so you might want to try that one out.

Another note, unless you know Suicune is switching in on a resisted attack or an attack that you know will do very little damage (say, from a defensive pokemon), you probably should just let Blaziken faint so that you can set up safely. Suicune most likely should have been able to fully set up to +6/+6 on Moltres unless you get badly flinch/crit haxed -> but substitute is your friend, so unless you get flinched the first couple turns, you basically should be able to set up subs that Moltres cannot break.

I think a steel type may be beneficial for your last pokemon too, but you may have to beware of Zapdos with Heatwave. A Dragon will probably do fine as well.
Thanks for the tips!

I went with SD over Hone Claws because of his Jolly nature. In running through, even after 1 SD I can typically OHKO most things with HJK. I will have to HC/SE with him. Although Blaze Kick comes in really handy, I think I only regretted having it once when it got the Burn on a Guts Hariyama that proceeded to sweep me team :(

This was my first time using the Cune, so i am not all up to speed on how to play him exactly, I really appreciate the tips though. However in the situation I was in, doesn't Moltres outspeed Suicune? Or do I Blaziken faint so Cune doesn't take uneeded damage?

I agree that a steel type would be good for the team, that is one reason I am looking at Bisharp for the team. As far as the dragons go, I really noticed that Garchomp is the perfect partner for Suicune, since he resists or is immune to Cunes weaknesses. But I am trying to focus more on Blaziken for this team. I wish we could use Dialga in the BS, as he is both Steel/Dragon. haha. Or I could find someone who has Mold Breaker Excadrill, as was mentioned, he seems to have a lot going for him, and he would be a great partner for both Blaze and Cune.

I know I should just keep using the team to learn how to play it better/get a better streak, but I am waiting on my friend to breed me a Bisharp to help with the team, since i don't know how to use RNG. haha. But I was looking at some random mon I have in my box for VGC and what not, and tried this team out. I haven't gotten far at all with this team, but I think it has a lot of potential.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Magic Guard
Timid Nater
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 HP/16 Def/240 Spe
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

I never understood how much of a absolute terror Sigi can be in the BS, as one of his downfalls for online is switching in and out, he can't really get the full +6/+6, but that is totally not a problem in the BS. And he fills the role of the most popular strategies used. He cripples with Psycho Shift, he sets up with Cosmic Power and he's one and done. With his speed he outruns a vast majority of the subway, and I haven't faced anything (yet) that hits him for SE that is faster than him that I KNOW I don't want to keep him in for (looking at you Jolteon and Froslass). I will typically start off with a Cosmic Power, than once Flame Orb procs, next turn I hit them with Psycho Shift, and afte rthat spam CP until I am at +6/+6, Roosting in I have to. And they are normally dead just from Burn by the time I am fully setup.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
Careful Nature
31/31/31/29/31/31
252 HP/8 Att/248 SpD
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Rest

Another guy I can setup with, and he is far from fragile. He can tank hits until he gets to +6/+6, Resting in between thanks to Shed Skin, and than just dish out massive punishment. I went with Scrafty since I had one sitting in my box that I've wanted to use for a while, but was originally planning on having an Intimidate Staraptor as his partner. Being able to come in on a lot of Neutral/Resisted attacks is a nice benefit of him. For VGC they use Dragon Tail over Crunch, I figured Crunch would help take out so much more.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Timid Nature
31/30/31/31/31/31
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Same King I was using before. He seems to fit in on this team so much better than the Blaziken team. He is able to come in on the electric attacks, and Houndoom, who might be the biggest problem for Sigilyph, and OHKO with Earth Power.

Once I can get on the board, I'll repost and let yall know how far up I get. haha.

Yes let Moltres faint Blaziken.

Even in your case, when you already made the mistake of switching him in... because your last pokemon is Nidoking (and not something faster), it might have been better to rest on the turn that you used Scald to KO Moltres. At +1 Sp Def, I think Moltres should not be able to 4HKO Suicune (given that it was barely 4HKOing when it's at +0 ... just based on the damage it took according to your recording - I didn't do any calcs), so Suicune can just need to hope for no crit in the next 3 Air Slashes and no flinch on the 3rd air slash. If that's all good, then Suicune can sub when it wakes up, then rest to stall out the last two Air Slashes and Suicune is ready to set up. If Suicune does get flinched on the 3rd Air Slash, it still has one more chance to rest on the 4th one, and if it's successful, everything is good, since it just has one more air slash left and Suicune is at full health. When using Suicune, keep in mind that PP stalling out of the opponent's essential PPs is a viable thing.

Problem with Fire + Fighting is that all the Flying Dragons (and Lati@s) resist that combo, as well as Chandelure, which has 50/50 chance to be immune to both attack if it has flash fire.

Just an advice: If you are using set up sweepers with no cripplers (or even with cripplers), I find it safest to use something fast + something bulky. Or at least use something fast as your revenge killer. I'd recommend Choice Scarf Modest Nidoking if you want to use Nidoking, but something like Bullet Punch Scizor is probably fine (though that works much better with Suicune than Scrafty). My experience with Bulk Up Scrafty is that it's bulky, but not bulky enough, like... compared to Suicune, or even something more similar like Snorlax, but maybe it's fine. I don't know :P

I am going to try the Scarf Modest King as I use him primarily as a revenge killer anyways. Thanks for that!

Do you think you can explain maybe a little bit more about Scrafty? From my experience, this is <30 streak however lol, he has been plenty of bulky. The biggest problem I have with him is his speed. But after a few Bulk Ups it rarely matters. Does it play more into a factor in the higher streaks? I've been using him mostly for Psychic types if Sigi is already down, or ghost type. I've used him a few times against Vaporeon. I'm not sure if we are using him for the same purpose. Although I was looking at using other things, such as Drapion caught my eye since you said something bulky and he gives me the Dark type I like to work with King, but since he is poison as well, I would probably switch King out as well, and I am enjoying him since he is my favorite pokemon. lol.

I'll second what Chinese Dood said about Suicune. If you're up against something that Suicune walls, but can do some damage on the switch, it's essentially always the right play to bring in Suicune at full health, get at least 2 calm minds in, rest up, set up to +6/+6, get back to full health, then sweep. I haven't faced calm mind Latios yet, but I run Ice Beam on my Suicune over Sub, so Latios would've been easily 1HKO'd (even then, +6 scald does quite a bit of damage, and worst case, +6/+6 Suicune can easily stall out 3 Luster Purges and 5 Dragon Pulses, barring OMGHAXCRITS, of course.) With Ice Beam, you have to be (a lot) more paranoid about random crits and 1HKO moves (I usually rest at ~half HP), but I really like the ability beat Dragons and not take a million turns to beat Vaporeon. I also like that all Calm Minders that resist Scald are hit hard by Ice Beam.

On another note, my ScarfDarmanitan, Suicune, SDChomp team has some real issues with bulky Curse/Bulk Up users with Rest. Any suggestions? My only outs are hoping that Suicine is at +6 when it comes out, hoping that the AI is stupid and keeps on boosting while Garchomp SD's, or hoping that Scald's burn hax force untimely rests.

@BeastMode2010: Yeah, we might have been using Scrafty for slightly different purposes. I tried mine with sub instead of rest, and found that it was pretty difficult to set up sometimes. Then I tried rest, but critz or sometimes Brave Birds/Close Combats still power through Scrafty's defense boosts... especially sometimes Scrafty cannot fully set up. And... of course there's Sacred Sword which just bypasses all the defense boosts. Otherwise, it worked fine, but that's enough things that makes Suicune better overall.

Acupressure Drapion is amazing but will take a long time to set up. I think the set to go for now is either: Acupressure / Sub / Crunch / Rest, or Earthquake replacing sub to get passed Justified Pokemon. Swords Dance is also an option. I haven't used that though, and without speed boosts from acupressure it's likely not so good.

When you are buliding teams and having the mindset that it's meant to go far, you basically try to think of what the worst case scenario (that is likely to happen eventually) is that can happen and try to see if your team can overcome it.

Steel types also resist psychic. SD Scizor is not bad. Latios also resists all of Blaziken's weaknesses except flying, so you can try that out too if you want. Offensive Calm Mind or just Specs/Life Orb set are all fairly good.

Suicune works much better with Nidoking though, if you want to keep using Nidoking. Gyarados also works well with Nidoking. DD Gyarados (and/or taunt) seems fine for your team whether you use scrafty or Blaziken (but not if you're using Suicune probably). Anyway, I'm just randomly blabbing. Hope you find a good combo.

i recently caught an articuno and am thinking of using a mind reader sheer cold articuno(in the battle hall), however it has sassy nature ( but perfect speed ivs ). so im quite confused regarding the ev spread, should i still do a max speed + hp evs coupled with focus sash? or should i go for balanced hp/def/spdef + leftovers/focus sash? and what other moves should i have? ice beam + roost/reflect?

Hey guys, its been awhile since I've last posted :P

@BeastMode2010: Just a little advice for your Blaziken, if you're going to use Protect on the first (and maybe third) turn, you might want to consider Adamant nature since after 2-3 speed boosts (Protect, Hone Claws, then possibly Protect again), Jolly nature wouldnt matter much. Of course, that's just a minor thing, so don't stress yourself out to find another Blaziken :P

As for Drapion, I haven't seen it used outside a crippling team, but you can try to see how it goes. The problem is that Acupressure takes some luck, and in a non-crippling team where you don't have forever to set up, Drapion may not perform as well.

Now for a gimmicky idea I thought of, its probably none to viable but I think i might give it a go for laughs, is an all-choice item team. If you put 3 pokemon on a team that can win a 1-on-1 matchup through coverage, speed and power, boosted by choice items, MAYBE they could make a good team, but again, its a very gimmicky idea.

Another idea could be to lead with our good friend Gengar to ensure at least a 2-2 fight, then use 2 Choice users in the back who have good synergy and are able to deal with what the other cant (I have two Pokes in mind but I wanna try it before I reveal it, but I'm probably the only person stupid enough to try this lol). Anyways, just some random thoughts I had there.

@Stay Gold: The idea of an all choice team is hardly new or gimmicky. I haven't used one myself, but I recall seeing others having had that to some degree of success. I don't remember their exact teams, but I think scarf Darmanitan/Rotom/Staraptor , specs Latios/Starmie, banded Scizor/Salamence were some of those being used.

Gengar + 2 choice attackers is fine too.

@j0seph: max speed and HP is probably a good idea. Sassy nature is really too bad though. Ice Beam or Icy Wind + roost is probably the way to do it. Keep in mind that plenty of pokemon will still beat Articuno though, so make sure your other pokemon can handle those.

Well I tried out the Modest Scarf King. And he did poorly. He didn't really have the power to take revenge on most things and would die when they hit back. Seeing as how I try to get to +6/+6 with Sigi before I use Stored Power, any damage before that is just from Burn or them hurting themselves. lol. So I'm going back to the Timid Life Orb one.

Sigi is still a monster. Since a lot of the mon in the subway have either Swagger or Flatter, it just adds to Stored Power (which I don't know how much more power it needs after +6/+6. lol. But knowing its at 200+BP is nice).

I'm having really bad luck with the team right now. I've had 3 streaks ended <7 because of strings of crits, that should have been easily set-up on. But I'm not giving up on this team yet! haha. I think the synergy between all the members is working great, just luck is not on my side tonight. lol

Hey, I'm new here and I finally got over 70 wins on the super singe train, I got 123 wins

The team I used was tyranitar,excadrill and latios, so yeah this is the same team as one of the other users here.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Counter
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor

Latios @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse

The only difference I did make was that i changed Thunder to thunderbolt. I lost by a trick room team.

@BeastMode2010: If your streaks are ending at <7... you must have really played your team totally wrong, or... probably you might want to change up some things. ... unless you meant <70 and missed the 0.

@abszs: Your Latios was Jolly? Did you mean timid? Good job on getting past 100!

@ChineseDood: Thanks and yeah I meant to say Timid. I've got 106 wins on diamond but the battle subway felt way harder than anything in 4th gen.

@Chinese_Dood: Nope, totally meant 7. lol. I know that is really bad, but as I mentioned I was running into bad luck with getting hacked out from crits :( I still want this team to do so good! But it's just so weak to crits it seems.

Pokemon Battle Subway
Super Singles streak:136

Proof

Team
Cloyster
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EV:4-252-0-0-0-252
Moves
Icicle Spear-Rock Blast-Shell Smash-Razor Shell

Garchomp
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EV:0-252-0-0-4-252
Moves
Outrage-Earthquake-Fire Fang-Aerial Ace

Suicune
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EV: 236-0-244-0-0-30
Moves
Rest-Substitute-Scald-Calm Mind

Team idea taken from Peterko with a little help from his guide.

I'm working on a Super Double Team abusing Role Play Landorus, a new Tutor move that it gets. Basically, it uses Role Play on a Pure Power minimum defense Meditite with Helping Hand as well as Fake Out and Protect to help it live longer and then sweeps with Earthquake and Rock Slide. It is sort of based off of that team with Carvanha. I need some help finishing it though, I need a good user of Heat Wave. Here's what I have so far, Eelektoss is easily replacable though. I just wanted a Discharge user immune to Earthquake but not weak to Ice.

Landorus (M) @ Earth Gem
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Role Play
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Meditite (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Protect
- Fake Out
- Helping Hand
- Light Screen

Eelektross (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 4 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)