Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, been awhile since I updated my Emerald Mark II Nuzlocke. Gotta get back on that. Alright, it wont be very comprehensive and it will be really short since I have done a lot but never recorded it.

Instead of my normal bullets, I'm just gonna type what I did as it will flow a little better. So, after beating my dad and burrying the dead, I withdrew Noomnooms the Numel, and then got deposited Tiny the Trapinch, as I didnt feel he would prove worthwhile. I also withdrew StevePerry the Whismer, hoping he would be helpful thorughout the later game. I began a long series of grinding, working my way to Mauville. There I helped Wattson, caught a Voltorb, and got Thunderbolt, taught it to Kearra, got Ice Beam, taught it to Margarita, and continued on my way. Back tracked a bit and caught a Swellow on Route 115, which was a blessing. Left there and crossed the ocean to continue. Got SteverPerry and Noomnooms to respectable levels. Along the way I caught Deino the Tropius. Then suddenly a crit happened in one of StevePerry's first fights and he was KO'd, adding a third to the dead. Sadly, I deposited him inside the Weather Institute, defeated Team Aqua, defeated my rival, evolved Noomnooms into Camerupt, and got to Fortree. I continued through Fortree to level up some more, caught Miley the Kecleon, kept going, KO'd like 4 Shuppets, got to Lilycove, beat my rival, got Fire Blast and taught it to Noomnooms, returned back to Fortree and defeated the leader. From there I flew to Lavaridge, went and beat Team Magma, then flew back to Lilycove, beat to Aqua, and then went to Mossdeep. Found out my internal battery died, caught a Spheal with a crappy nature, desposited it, and then left Mossdeep to grind some more.

Margarita the Lombre (F)
Level: 41
Nature: Rash
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Fake Out
Opinion: Finally Margarita is becoming a real powerhouse. Surpassing Toadette in usefulness and becoming the true leader of the team. With her new might in powerful attacking moves, as well as good bulk, STAB, and nature, she is my fallback Pokemon. When things go sour she comes out to help out. Her only real issue is that I cant evolve her until AFTER I beat the Maxie-Tabitha Tag Team, which is almost guaranteed to KO some of my team mates. If she can survive through that, I think I will have a great Pokemon on my hands.

Toadette the Breloom (F)
Level: 40
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Mach Punch, Sky Uppercut, Headbutt, Leech Seed
Opinion: Unfortunately, Toadette has really fallen from grace since her early days of supremacy. As of now her great fighting STAB cant be utilized, and all her upcoming foes have a type advantage on her one way or another. While good against trainers, she cant help at all against Liza&Tate or against Maxie and Tabitha. Maybe afterwords she will rise again, but for now she isnt doing so stellar.

Kearra the Manectric (F)
Level: 41
Nature: Rash
Ability: Static
Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Bite, Thunder Wave
Opinion: Kearra is a pretty solid Pokemon. While her coverage outside of Thunderbolt is weak and limited, she still functions well enough to pull through whenever I need her. I really wish she learned Flamethrower this generation, cause then she would be amazing. But moving on, she does what she needs to and does it well. And with her I am hoping to pull through the dangerous fights that lay ahead.

Noomnooms the Camerupt (F)
Level: 39
Nature: Serious
Ability: Magma Armor
Moves: Strength, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Rock Slide
Opinion: Noomnooms is tied with Margarita in terms of amazing coverage. She also has both sides of the attacking spectrum covered pretty well. Though her useless ability and slow speed hold her back slightly, she still pulls through when I need her too. Her only issue right now is that, like Toadette, she suffers from and inability to be used very effectively in the upcoming battles. Most foes hit her too hard to risk using her. But once that passes I hope to use her more effectively.

Heart the Swellow (F)
Level: 40
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Fly, Double Team
Opinion: Fast and strong, Heart is a real team player. She can take down foes with ease. While her Normal STAB is lacking, it still comes usefull from time to time. Her main selling point is that she hits so hard. Though again, I dont know how effectively I can use her at the moment.

Georgina the Poocheyena (F); Lvl 3

Entre the Beautifly (M); Lvl 16​

Ino the Nincada (F); Lvl 6​

StevePerry the Whismur(M); Lvl 6​

Flapper the Zubat (M); Lvl 7​

??? (forgot a nickname) the Oddish (M); Lvl 13​

Freighter the Torkoal (F); Lvl 15​

Disappoint the Spinda (M); Lvl 14​

Cloudia the Swablu (F); Lvl 16​

Helios the Solrock (-); Lvl 14​

Sheala the Linoone (F); Lvl 28​

Sandman the Sandshrew (M); Lvl 20​

Dreamlight the Tentacool (M); Lvl 20​

Serendip the Pelipper (M); Lvl 26​

Failsafe the Voltorb (-); Lvl 24

Deino the Tropius (M); Lvl 25

Lyra the Castform (F); Lvl 25​

Miley the Kecleon (F); Lvl 30​

Losba the Absol (M); Lvl 25​

Nyx the Vulpix (F); Lvl 29​

Dodo the Doduo (F); Lvl 27​

Flubber the Spheal (M); Lvl 32​

Wilma the Wailer (F); Lvl 34​

upiter the Combusken (M)
Levels: 5-33

Killed By: Slaking's Facade
Achievements In Life: Being a steadfast team leader and completely soloing Flannery's entire team.​

Chopper the Machamp (M)
Levels: 20-33

Killed By: Slaking's Counter
Achievements In Life: Weakening Slaking with Leer so Toadette could finish the battle.​

StevePerry the Loudred (M)

Levels 7-29
Killed By: A Swellow's Crit
Achievements in Life: None to speak of-- you had such potential.​

Looking at my team, one would think I am in a pretty good position. But you gotta look at where I am in the game. I have two of the hardest battles coming up: Liza&Tate and the Maxie-Tabitha tag team. Both are almost guaranteed to take one battle each. Meanwhile, I have no fallback Pokemon for the ones who do fall in those battles. I have a plane for Liza&Tate, but no plan for Maxie-Tabitha. I guess I'll have to make it up as I go...

So I got really bored with my Emerald Nuzlocke, and while I'm not abandoning it, I am going to take a step back from it. So now I am doing a Fire Red Nuzlocke!!

Rules:
-Battle style is set
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule-- excluding duplicates and evolutions of duplicates
-No legendaries will be used
-I WILL catch a shiny if I see it
-If I run into an exceptionally rare Pokemon I WILL catch it in place it into the "ILLEGALS" box if it is not the first one I see on the route
-Gift Pokemon are allowed
-PC is allowed
-Pokemon Center and PokeMart trips are limited to 5 per town. (This includes using PC boxes to heal, but does not count using them to swap and store Pokemon)
-In battle, only 2 items from the bag are allowed to be used, and as many held items as equipped.
-If a Pokemon faints, I will put it into the PC into the 'MEMORIAL' box
-I will be catching back-ups who will be immediately boxed. (But the 1st pokemon on route still applies)

Update 1; Beginning through Gym 3
Update 2; Gym 3 through Gym 4
Update 3; Lavander Town through Gym 5
Update 4; The First Losses
Update 5; Gym 6 and Gym 7
Update 6; Island Hopping and Loophole Abusing
Update 7; 8th Gym and Rival Battle
Update 8; Victory Road and the Grind Stone
Update 9; Becoming the Champion

Organization, your team...has too much water. So weird that you'd get so many Water-types.
Anyway, when I say I'll finish my Lance battle tonight, I MEAN IT. I just don't feel like getting my notebook right now. I'll edit later, blah blah blah...
EDIT: Wow this is so short I can't believe I didn't get it up sooner.
Champion Lance: Part 3
I closed my eyes in horror as Dragonite rushed towards my poor little Dewgong, the Dragon-type cloaked in flames. I braced for the worst as Dragon collided with Ice (And to a lesser extent Water). I heard a loud thud and knew it had happened. I dreaded opening my eyes, for I didn't want to face what was upon me. I forced my eyelids open, a tear sliding down my cheek for my lost comrade...
I turned around, but to my surprise, it was not Clappy but Dewgong who had fallen. Dragonite collapsed in a heap on the ground, while Clappy looked around triumphantly.
I launched my fist into the air. "Yeah, Clappy! Way to go!" Honestly, I was quite surprised it had survived Outrage (I had forgotten the irony of Clappy's stats...its Physical stats were higher than its Special stats even though it had a Calm nature).
Lance congratulated me. "I must say, I'm impressed, Rogue. But I'm not finished yet. For my final trick...another Dragonite!"
"Really, Lance?" I said. "Really...three Dragons?"
"My choices are quite limited until generation four, okay? Give me a break!"
"Alright, let's finish this. Clappy, Ice Beam."
The strange power imbued in its Scarf allowed Clappy to rush forward with mind-boggling speed (For a seal) and fire of a beam of freezing energy at the wannabe dragon. It fell besides its two brethren.
It was finished. I...I had won...against all odds...
I am the Champion.

And that concludes the Johto part of Rogue's SoulSilver saga. From now on I'll be updating in simple updates like most of the rest of you. Until then, cheers.
Also, Organization, I guess the upside to having so many Water-types is that you will pwn Roxanne. I guess that's good...

I know DM, don't even get me started. Hopefully I find something good in Dewford, the 2 routes around it that I can fish in, and the Granite Cave. After I beat Roxanne, probably tomorrow, I'm off to Dewford.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I guess I'm starting a Platinum Nuzlocke.
-Battle style is set
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule, duplicate clause and pre-evo clause applies
-No legendaries sans Unown will be used
-I WILL catch a shiny if I see it
-Might catch something rare or awesome (Tropius!)
-I will catch as many Pokemon as I want in the Great Marsh but use the standard catching rule for one to use
-Gift Pokemon are allowed
-PC is allowed
-No healing items outside of battle, no using a second battle to heal status from a previous battle
-Cannot buy PokeBalls and/or more than ten items per town
-If a Pokemon faints, it'll be placed in a grave box unless I hate it
-I will forfeit one Pokemon for a random egg that I'm receiving from my brother. Probably the Lake Verity catch or something

Somehow I got an Adamant female Turtwig, so either this is going to go really well or I'm going to get absolutely stomped on.

I'm playing an Randomised Emerald Nuzlocke

-Battle Style is set.
-Standard "first pokemon you see" rule, duplicate clause and pre-evo clause applies
-No legendaries.
-Won't catch shinies, I'm only emulating.
-PC allowed.
-Fainted pokémon released unless HM slaves.

First update:

My name's Han (short for Hannah), and I've just moved to Littleroot Town, where time seems to move at a million hours per second. Weirdly the internal battery on every single clock I look out is absolutely fucked, which is a massive shame, as it means I'll never have a birthday or age another minute. I heard this happened once to a guy called Ash, a long time ago on a land somewhere across the sea in an indeterminable direction. Could be b/s though. Anyway, the first thing I do after being chucked out of the back of a truck bruised and battered is to check out my new house. At first it seems cool - I get the entire attic to myself. Mum soon realises she should probably have checked the house out before buying it though, as she's going to have to take the couch. She's a sly one though - as I'm upstairs checking out the broken clock she seems to have made a call to an old friend. He wants to see me ASAP. I reckon she just wants me out of there so she gets my room. Never mind; we've not been getting on since she decided to uproot us to Littleroot, away from my friends and the rest of my family. Dad's moved to Petalburg. It was a messy breakup.

The professor's not in, so I check out our only neighbour. His Mum seems desperate for him to make friends, and I can see why when I meet him. He babbles on about something then just goes and sits at his PC. Fuck you too then mate.

I decide to get out of there. The little girl who'd been blocking my path up to now (she is biiiiggg) lets me squeeze past her. It's a tight fit. There's a Zigzagoon chasing the professor around just outside town and he really is bricking it. He yells at me to take whatever I want from his bag to protect him, so I check it out and there's an Aron, a Hoppip and a Dunsparce in there. What a crock of shit. I guess I'll take the Aron - Hoppip's only gonna know how to Splash and I really cba messing about with a Dunsparce...

Aron kills the Zigzagoon fairly easily and the professor, clearly in on the ruse to get my Mum her own room (he doesn't have one either - the lab was fairly spartan) gives me the Aron. I call her Femmeboi, and give up on my room. An adventure sounds way more exciting. The prof tells me to take my neighbour with me - definitely trying to get his Mum in on the action as well... I don't really care about this, I just wanna hit the road. As soon as I do a Lapras jumps out of the grass and Femmeboi and I Run. Away. As. Fast. As. Possible. That thing would definitely have killed us...

About half an hour later I find Brendan skulking about on Route 103, as antisocially as ever. Femmeboi and I destroy his Mudkip, and then kill a wild Jynx to level up. We're going to head back to the lab apparently, I guess Brendan's on to what's happening at home. Turns out old Elm just wants to prolong our journey by giving us some impossible mission, but like I said, this doesn't bother me too much. On our way back to Oldale Town, we meet Glitter the Spearow, who joins our party.

Party so far:

Femmeboi the Aron Level 6.
Mild

-Tackle
-Harden

Glitter the Spearow Level 2.
Gentle

-Peck
-Growl

Second update:

I write to you from Rustboro Town.

Since I last let you know that I'd walked out of town, leaving my Mum, the village professor and my neighbour's mum in a weird love triangle, quite a lot has happened. I've met four more pokémon, seen my Dad and met a pretty hopeless kid called Wally. After leaving Oldale, I met Fab Rock the Shuckle, Fierce the Taillow, Gawjus the Xatu and Strika the Electrike. Rustboro's gym leader trains Rock-types so I'm going to have a really hard time looking for my first badge... What's even more annoying are that the pokémon I've found in each route so far after the ones who've joined me have included Bayleef, Blaziken, Entei, Medicham, Arcanine and Houndoom. In fact, Petalburg Woods is absolutely teeming with Arcanine and Houndoom. There was a suit looking for Shroomish, but I don't think he'll have much luck in there. As soon as I met him he got jumped by some thug claiming to act on behalf of Team Aqua. That's a really terrible gang name! Back in my hometown we had proper gangs, with names like Murk Dem Pussies (seriously, real gang name where I'm from) and Wythenshawe Boyz. Both of those are much more terrifying than 'Team Aqua'... Strika and Gawjus dealt with this guy pretty quickly, and I was able to make my way through the woods. As I got out of the woods, I managed to catch myself a Medicham called My Swag. Strika died in the attempt, which is a shame, but we didn't have much time to get attached... I think the only option here is to train My Swag up quite a lot, and then take on Roxanne with her alone. That didn't take long, and My Swag swept her with a few Confusion attacks. When I left the gym, I saw that suit chasing another gang member out of the Devon Corporation's building yelling obscenities, so I figured I'd check it out. Walked up onto Route 116, where I caught a Sneasel called Salty Lips before moving on. I messed up catching a Mantine in Rock Tunnel, but wiped the floor with that gang member again, and then got called into the Devon Corp's offices. I'll write again from Slateport, where they seem to be sending me...

Current pokémon:

Femmeboi the Aron Level 15.
Mild

-Headbutt
-Metal Claw
-Harden
-Mud Slap

Glitter the Spearow Level 15.
Gentle

-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Fierce the Taillow Level 15.
Careful

-Wing Attack
-Growl
-Focus Energy
-Quick Attack

Salty Lips the Sneasel Level 12.
Jolly

-Taunt
-Cut
-Quick Attack
-Leer

Gawjus the Xatu Level 15.
Calm

-Peck
-Night Shade
-Leer

My Swag the Medicham Level 15. Definitely my MVP so far.
Sassy

-Confusion
-Detect
-Bide
-Meditate

Boxed:

Fab Rock the Shuckle.

Dead:

Strika the Electrike.

Part three:

I just typed this all up, then must have clicked out of the edit box before hitting backspace. So I went back a few browser pages and lost all that I was writing. Annoying.

Anyway, turns out that I've got a lot further than Slateport, the place I promised to update you from last time. I've managed to get as far as Fallarbor Town, about as far north from Slateport as it's possible to go. I've had some good luck along the way, but a lot of bad luck too, particularly when it came to catching pokémon. I just kept knocking them out by accident.

I caught a ride to Dewford Island with the slimy old Mr Briney, who definitely shouldn't have his eyes on a girl of my age. He's given up the day job of chasing his Wingull around the dining table in order to wait on piers and beaches and adhere to my every travelling whim. Normally I'd smack him one for being a lecherous old pervert, but I guess I kinda need the boat trips, and I might as well abuse his misogyny.

Upon arrival in Dewford there didn't seem to be any sign of Steven Stone, but I heard a rumour he might be hanging around in a cave chamber doing nothing of particular note, so I went to check it out. This was Granite Cave, almost entirely populated by Kyogre, Lugia, Typhlosion, Charizard and Sunkern, so quite a test for my little team. Passion, a Typhlosion, joined up with us, but Femmeboi took a Water Pulse in the face from a wild Kyogre and kicked the bucket. Eventually we did find Steven hanging out by himself in the cave, and he was pretty grateful for having a reason to get out of there.

After seeing him off, we went to challenge Brawly. With the sheer amount of birds on my team, this really wasn't going to be much trouble at all, and indeed, Fierce took down all but one of the pokémon in his gym by herself. The only one she failed to kill was his Makuhita, who killed her with a critical hit Vital Throw. Sadface.

Then we went back to the slimeball himself and hitched a lift to Slateport City, which is where stuff really started happening, and happening fast. Team Aqua were on a school trip to the museum, where their boss seemed to be educating them about the fact that things had happened in the past. He was a terrible teacher though - he seemed convinced that they should be trying to return to a time where the planet was 99% water. I assume this was some sort of environmentalist metaphor for a world free of industrialisation, but I think I was giving him far too much credit. He seemed to be talking pretty literally. My Swag and I battered his henchchildren and made a move towards Mauville City, meeting All night the Cacture on the way. She's been a fantastic addition to the party, with a surprising ability to tank hits while setting up with Growth and Leech Seed.

In Mauville City we met Wally, who is still crap. After destroying all the trainers in the vicinity, Passion and All night made short work of the Mauville Gym, losing no health and no teammates in the process. So we made our way north towards Fiery Path, as that sounded like as good a place as any to recruit more pokémon to my cause. Not that I have any idea what my cause is, really, apart from to avoid my mother's love nest like the bubonic plague. My Swag smashed open a rock en route, and I absolutely shat myself when a Rapidash sprang out of the rubble. We caught it, named it Flares and stuck it straight in the PC. On the next route we met Riddum the Marshtomp, but after that our luck ran out somewhat... In Fiery Path we met a Flygon, but killed it. Then we killed the next two pokémon we could have recruited on Routes 113 and 114 - a Solrock and Electrode respectively. Even more disastrously, both Salty Lips and Glitter pegged it on the way to Fallarbor Town, one to poison and the other to a critical hit Fury Attack. Dead, and probably soon forgotten.

There wasn't much to do in Fallarbor Town, but I did hear a rumour about a guy called Professor Cosmo, who'd wandered off to a place called Meteor Falls with some guys calling themselves Team Magma. I chatted to a guy hanging around near the Pokémon Centre, and apparently these lot reckon the polar opposite of Team Aqua - that the world would be much better off if most of it was covered in land. I have absolutely no idea what the political motivations of that are, other than that these guys are perhaps hypercapitalists, who see no profit to be made directly from the sea. I mean, they're right in that the economy of Pacifidlog Town is the worst in the Hoenn region, but wrong in that they're fucking mental. I had to go and have a closer look, so I made my way to the falls.

When I got there I encountered a wild Politoed but it trolled me wonderfully by committing suicide with Perish Song. Little bastard. What more than made up for that was that both Team Magma and Team Aqua were there! These people are absolutely brilliant man! They tried to have a meaningful debate, soliloquising on about this and that, with lots of polysyllabic words and colourful language, but when it came down to it they really were talking out of their collective arses. I'm going to leave you here, and try and find some more pokémon for my team, as being down to five usable creatures really is not filling me with confidence.

The party as stands:

My Swag the Medicham Level 27.
Sassy

-Confusion
-Detect
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Rock Smash

Gawjus the Xatu Level 26.
Calm

-Peck
-Night Shade
-Leer
-Teleport

All night the Cacturne Level 27
Calm

-Sand Attack
-Absorb
-Growth
-Leech Seed

Riddum the Marshtomp Level 26
Quirky

-Mud Shot
-Bide
-Water Gun
-Growl

Passion the Typhlosion
Rash

-Ember
-Smokescreen
-Quick Attack
-Leer

Dead:

Strika the Electrike
Femmeboi the Aron
Fierce the Taillow
Glitter the Fearow
Salty Lips the Sneasel

Boxed:

Fab Rock the Shuckle
Flares the Rapidash

Part four:

After leaving Meteor Falls, confused and amused, I made my way right around the continent to Mt. Chimney, where Team Magma were no longer blocking the entrance to the cable car station. It'd be nice to see the world from the sky, and check out the fact that we're blessed enough to live in a country that has both land and sea in it. Of course, when I got to the top, who else did I find, but Aqua twats going at Magma twats like their lives depending on it? Sigh. Fortunately the vast majority were far too preoccupied with each other to bother taking me on, but I noticed that the Magma head honcho I'd watched at Meteor Falls was giving it big licks next to some machine he'd whacked a meteorite in. It'd almost certainly do nothing but I felt like I should go and kick his teeth in. I plowed through his bodyguards and then through him. His Mightyena nearly took out Passion, but not nearly enough to actually get me worried... In his haste to escape the fool left his meteorite behind, so I pulled it out of the machine and put it in my bag along with the million other things that Hammer Space so neatly provides for.

I skipped down the mountain towards Lavaridge Town, stopping to catch myself a Feebas called Beholder en route. It is almost certain that I'll never get around to evolving it into a Milotic, unless something very bad happens to Riddum and I've got as far as Lilycove without anything else capable of learning Surf.

There was nothing to do in Lavaridge apart from take on the gym leader, who was pretty shocking. I just let her Camerupt wind its Sp. Attack stat down to -6 with some switching, then brought Riddum back in to kill it with a few Water Guns to the snout. Four badges then, and it's off to see Dad in Petalburg City. Literally nothing else to do here apart from relieve some old bag of her egg, which goes straight in the PC, because I don't want to lug it around with me. I sped around to Petalburg where my father was waiting for me. He's got a weird gym, full of people who've spent years of their lives thinking of very niche tactics that don't actually work at all when it comes to battling. My team beat them with relative ease, almost having trouble with the Vigoroth in the OHKO room, but after a Leech Seed landed and I did some switching it wasn't an issue.

The battle with Dad was harder though, much harder. My Swag found it hard to actually take hits, so I found myself taking one, using Rock Smash for reasonable damage, then healing up with one of those Soda Pops I got in Slateport, then Rock Smashing again. And again and again. As my trolly father seemed to have an infinite supply of healing items... But I won. Yay, top dog in the family. Now he's lost his wife and his daughter is better at pokémon than him. And he lives in Petalburg, which is a massive shithole.

Wally's dad lives next door and thanked me for my role in making his kid less of a wimp. I didn't tell him that Wally is still a really awful human being, instead gladly accepted the Surf HM he gave me... Off back to Mauville, and then to Underground Mauville where I managed to catch myself Butchgal the Golem! She'd be fantastic for the team, somewhat of a physical wall, and coming prepackaged with Ground/Rock STAB moves, even if they are Rock Throw and Magnitude. Back to six team members.

The next step was to cross the river to the east of Mauville, where I beat the camera crew who seem to be stalking me and caught Peachy the Sunflora. Nice to have something else in the box, at any rate. There wasn't a great deal to do here apart from move on up to the Weather Institute, where Team Aqua were making a nuisance of themselves, presumably trying to change the weather forecast in the hope that that'd change the actual weather. Have they ever been to school? It seems not. A friendly scientist gifted me Glitz the Castform for helping them out, and it seemed like my luck had changed with regards to acquiring more pokémon. About bloody time. Seconds after leaving, I bumped into Brendan again, who was still hilariously weak - he only had two fricking pokémon! All night made short work of them, and I moved on up to Fortree City.

There's something in the way of the gym there but from my lofty spot in the treetops I could see Stephen Stone hanging around on a really dangerous looking bridge of logs suspended above a great lake. Might as well go and see him, I thought to myself; he's definitely not that bad, for a man. When I got there, after failing to meet any pokémon on the way, he gave me Devon's latest gadget - a 'scope' that allows me to see invisible pokémon. As luck would have it, there was one right beside him - an invisible Kecleon that I killed without a second thought.

Backtracking to the gym, and with Butchgal at level 34, I reckoned I'd have no problem with Wynona and the Flying gym. I was to be so, so wrong. This was the hardest challenge of the game and could really be the point which messes up my adventure. The trainers before Wynona weren't any problem at all. Neither was her Swablu, which Riddum dealt with easily. Then out came Tropius, and Passion finished that off with just two Flame Wheels. Pelipper caused the first problems, confusing everything on the switch in and threatening All night and My Swag with potential Aerial Aces, as well as Passion and Butchgal with Water Gun. After going back and forth between Gawjus and Riddum, I was able to eventually dispatch it, but most of my pokémon had taken heavy damage. I left Gawjus out against Skarmory while I healed up Passion and a few others. Somehow Skarmory managed to land a OHKO on Gawjus - I don't even know what move it used as I wasn't paying attention. My beloved Gawjus, with me for so long, without ever learning any decent attacks, but always valuable as something with nice resistances, was dead.

Skarmory perished to Passion's Flame Wheel, but I really wasn't expecting Altaria to be carrying Earthquake. What saved me was that I used Smokescreen just before it killed Passion, allowing me to get a Leech Seed in against Altaria as it Dragon Danced. After that I barely survived its attacks with Butchgal, and was so lucky that an Earthquake missed, as I killed Altaria with three Rock Throws.

That was awful. Passion and Gawjus dead, and my adventure in tatters as I replace them with Flares the Rapidash and Glitz the Castform. On towards Lilycove City, and to what other nightmares? Hopefully I can find something decent in the next few routes, as I doubt my current team really has it in them to go the whole distance.

Current party:

My Swag the Medicham Level 34.
Sassy

-Confusion
-Hi Jump Kick
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Rock Smash

All night the Cacturne Level 34
Calm

-Faint Attack
-Absorb
-Growth
-Leech Seed

Riddum the Marshtomp Level 33
Quirky

-Mud Shot
-Strength
-Surf
-Take Down

Butchgal the Golem Level 34
Gentle

-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Defense Curl
-Rollout

Flares the Rapidash Level 14
Hasty

-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-Ember

Glitz the Castform Level 25
Bold

-Powder Snow
-Hail
-Sunny Day
-Rain Dance

Dead:

Strika the Electrike
Femmeboi the Aron
Fierce the Taillow
Glitter the Fearow
Salty Lips the Sneasel
Gawjus the Xatu
Passion the Typhlosion

Boxed:

Fab Rock the Shuckle
Beholder the Feebas
Peachy the Sunflora
Bitch plz the Remoraid

Part five coming soon. Fortunately I work from home, so I'll probs get this done fairly quickly...

Im going to be doing a Nuzlocke on Pokemon Black 2 using 6 random eggs my friend made for me. Im going by the Nuzlocke standard rules.

Update four of my Emerald Randomiser Nuzlocke.

After leaving Meteor Falls, confused and amused, I made my way right around the continent to Mt. Chimney, where Team Magma were no longer blocking the entrance to the cable car station. It'd be nice to see the world from the sky, and check out the fact that we're blessed enough to live in a country that has both land and sea in it. Of course, when I got to the top, who else did I find, but Aqua twats going at Magma twats like their lives depending on it? Sigh. Fortunately the vast majority were far too preoccupied with each other to bother taking me on, but I noticed that the Magma head honcho I'd watched at Meteor Falls was giving it big licks next to some machine he'd whacked a meteorite in. It'd almost certainly do nothing but I felt like I should go and kick his teeth in. I plowed through his bodyguards and then through him. His Mightyena nearly took out Passion, but not nearly enough to actually get me worried... In his haste to escape the fool left his meteorite behind, so I pulled it out of the machine and put it in my bag along with the million other things that Hammer Space so neatly provides for.

I skipped down the mountain towards Lavaridge Town, stopping to catch myself a Feebas called Beholder en route. It is almost certain that I'll never get around to evolving it into a Milotic, unless something very bad happens to Riddum and I've got as far as Lilycove without anything else capable of learning Surf.

There was nothing to do in Lavaridge apart from take on the gym leader, who was pretty shocking. I just let her Camerupt wind its Sp. Attack stat down to -6 with some switching, then brought Riddum back in to kill it with a few Water Guns to the snout. Four badges then, and it's off to see Dad in Petalburg City. Literally nothing else to do here apart from relieve some old bag of her egg, which goes straight in the PC, because I don't want to lug it around with me. I sped around to Petalburg where my father was waiting for me. He's got a weird gym, full of people who've spent years of their lives thinking of very niche tactics that don't actually work at all when it comes to battling. My team beat them with relative ease, almost having trouble with the Vigoroth in the OHKO room, but after a Leech Seed landed and I did some switching it wasn't an issue.

The battle with Dad was harder though, much harder. My Swag found it hard to actually take hits, so I found myself taking one, using Rock Smash for reasonable damage, then healing up with one of those Soda Pops I got in Slateport, then Rock Smashing again. And again and again. As my trolly father seemed to have an infinite supply of healing items... But I won. Yay, top dog in the family. Now he's lost his wife and his daughter is better at pokémon than him. And he lives in Petalburg, which is a massive shithole.

Wally's dad lives next door and thanked me for my role in making his kid less of a wimp. I didn't tell him that Wally is still a really awful human being, instead gladly accepted the Surf HM he gave me... Off back to Mauville, and then to Underground Mauville where I managed to catch myself Butchgal the Golem! She'd be fantastic for the team, somewhat of a physical wall, and coming prepackaged with Ground/Rock STAB moves, even if they are Rock Throw and Magnitude. Back to six team members.

The next step was to cross the river to the east of Mauville, where I beat the camera crew who seem to be stalking me and caught Peachy the Sunflora. Nice to have something else in the box, at any rate. There wasn't a great deal to do here apart from move on up to the Weather Institute, where Team Aqua were making a nuisance of themselves, presumably trying to change the weather forecast in the hope that that'd change the actual weather. Have they ever been to school? It seems not. A friendly scientist gifted me Glitz the Castform for helping them out, and it seemed like my luck had changed with regards to acquiring more pokémon. About bloody time. Seconds after leaving, I bumped into Brendan again, who was still hilariously weak - he only had two fricking pokémon! All night made short work of them, and I moved on up to Fortree City.

There's something in the way of the gym there but from my lofty spot in the treetops I could see Stephen Stone hanging around on a really dangerous looking bridge of logs suspended above a great lake. Might as well go and see him, I thought to myself; he's definitely not that bad, for a man. When I got there, after failing to meet any pokémon on the way, he gave me Devon's latest gadget - a 'scope' that allows me to see invisible pokémon. As luck would have it, there was one right beside him - an invisible Kecleon that I killed without a second thought.

Backtracking to the gym, and with Butchgal at level 34, I reckoned I'd have no problem with Wynona and the Flying gym. I was to be so, so wrong. This was the hardest challenge of the game and could really be the point which messes up my adventure. The trainers before Wynona weren't any problem at all. Neither was her Swablu, which Riddum dealt with easily. Then out came Tropius, and Passion finished that off with just two Flame Wheels. Pelipper caused the first problems, confusing everything on the switch in and threatening All night and My Swag with potential Aerial Aces, as well as Passion and Butchgal with Water Gun. After going back and forth between Gawjus and Riddum, I was able to eventually dispatch it, but most of my pokémon had taken heavy damage. I left Gawjus out against Skarmory while I healed up Passion and a few others. Somehow Skarmory managed to land a OHKO on Gawjus - I don't even know what move it used as I wasn't paying attention. My beloved Gawjus, with me for so long, without ever learning any decent attacks, but always valuable as something with nice resistances, was dead.

Skarmory perished to Passion's Flame Wheel, but I really wasn't expecting Altaria to be carrying Earthquake. What saved me was that I used Smokescreen just before it killed Passion, allowing me to get a Leech Seed in against Altaria as it Dragon Danced. After that I barely survived its attacks with Butchgal, and was so lucky that an Earthquake missed, as I killed Altaria with three Rock Throws.

That was awful. Passion and Gawjus dead, and my adventure in tatters as I replace them with Flares the Rapidash and Glitz the Castform. On towards Lilycove City, and to what other nightmares? Hopefully I can find something decent in the next few routes, as I doubt my current team really has it in them to go the whole distance.

Current party:

My Swag the Medicham Level 34.
Sassy

-Confusion
-Hi Jump Kick
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Rock Smash

All night the Cacturne Level 34
Calm

-Faint Attack
-Absorb
-Growth
-Leech Seed

Riddum the Marshtomp Level 33
Quirky

-Mud Shot
-Strength
-Surf
-Take Down

Butchgal the Golem Level 34
Gentle

-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Defense Curl
-Rollout

Flares the Rapidash Level 14
Hasty

-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-Ember

Glitz the Castform Level 25
Bold

-Powder Snow
-Hail
-Sunny Day
-Rain Dance

Dead:

Strika the Electrike
Femmeboi the Aron
Fierce the Taillow
Glitter the Fearow
Salty Lips the Sneasel
Gawjus the Xatu
Passion the Typhlosion

Boxed:

Fab Rock the Shuckle
Beholder the Feebas
Peachy the Sunflora
Bitch plz the Remoraid

Update 1 of my Fire Red Nuzlocke. Overall it has been a pretty easy run: No deaths, some close scars, and 3 gym soloes, I think its been good so far.

- Started in Pallet Town, named myself Dante and my Rival Joe
- Prevented from entering grass, went to the Lab, and picked a Bulbasaur, naming him Chobani. (I just had the Greek Yogurt so it was on my mind)
- Beat my rival in a battle after a lucky crit. Anyone else hate how Tackle has only 95 Accuracy and 35 BP while Scratch Has 100 and 40 all the way up until Gen. 5?
- Left Pallet Town, did all the crap on picking up Oaks Parcel, got the Pokedex, and went back up to Viridian City.
- On the way I caught Foster the Pidgey
- Next I caught Percy the Mankey and Rattata the Rattata. After some lovely grinding I beat my rival for the second time
- Proceeded through Viridian Forest catching Worma the Metapod. Two seconds later a Pikachu appeared... fml.
- Went into Pewter City and soloed Brock in 2 attacks with Chobani. Actually, the trainer in the gym proved to be more of a challenge than Brock did.
- Left Peweter, got the running shoes, and caught Ruffrabble the Spearow.
- Entered Mt. Moon, caught Rocker the Geodude, evolved Chobani into Ivysaur, beat Team Rocket, got a fossil, and left.
- Caught Mushu the Ekans,, beat my Rival with Percy thanks to teachig him Rock Tomb, evolved Ruffrabble into a Fearrow, met Bill, captured Only2? the Weedle and Imhmael the Oddish, then returned to Cerulean City.
- Soloed Misty with Chobani, definitely the easiest Misty Battle I have ever had.
- Got the Dig TM, KO'd a Meowth on Route 5, captured HallyBerry the Meowth on Route 6, and got to Vermillion.
- Captured Gotlegs? the Diglett in the Diglett Tunnel, and Hephalumpy the Drowzee on Route 11.
- Steamrolled through the S.S. Anne and soloed my rival with Ruffrabble.
- Got HM Cut, taught it too Gotlegs? and left the ship.
- Watched the S.S. Anne sail away painfully slowly, then went to the gym and soloed it with Gotlegs?. Though Raichu's Double Team nearly screwed me over several times. God, Digletts are so frail.
- Saved the game in front a humbled Lt. Surge.

Chobani the Ivysaur (M)
Level: 25
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Tackle
Career Highlights: Easy soloing of Brock and Misty
Opinion: The Team Leader by far. Chobani possess the best bulk and the strongest STAB. It also has many useful support moves in Leech Seed and Sleep Powder (though it missed like 75% of the time). If this guy dies I am screwed.

Percy the Mankey (M)
Level: 25
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Vital Spirit
Moves: Low Kick, Karate Chop, Rock Tomb, Focus Energy
Career Highlights: N/A
Opinion: The first permanant member of the team and a very useful Pokemon to have. Unfortunately he suffers from the vast amount of Poison-types in the game and is taking a back seat to his fellow team mates. Evolution will be a blessing as it will give him much more power.

Ruffrabble the Fearow (M)
Level: 26
Nature: Docile
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Fury Attack, Pursuit, Peck, Leer
Career Highlights: Solo of my rival aboard the S.S. Anne
Opinion: Another solid Pokemon, Ruffrabble adds some backbone to my team allowing me to deal with some annoying threats. Overall I am pleased with Ruffrabbles performance.

Gotlegs? the Diglett (M)
Level: 24
Nature: Serious
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Cut, Magnitude, Dig, Fury Swipes
Career Highlights: Soloing the entire Vermilion Gym
Opinion: Fast, frail, and a good typing-- what you see is what you get from Gotlegs?, and he uses what he has extremely well. While his attack stat is very low, his high powered moves and ability to make "It's Super Effective" pop up on the screen all the time compensate for it. Not getting Arena Trap hurt, but he has already proved his worth and I expect him to perform just as well in the future.

Foster the Serious Pidgey (M); Level 2
Rattata the Gentle Rattata (M); Level 3
Worma the Lax Metapod (F); Level 5
Rocker the Mild Geodude (M); Level 8
Mushu the Jolly Ekans (M); Level 6
Only2? the Jolly Weedle (F); Level 7
Ishmael the Gentle Oddish (M); Level 13
HallyBerry the Adamant Meowth (F); Level 10
Hephalumpy the Bold Drowzee (M); Level 15

None =D

As of right now my team is looking pretty strong. There aren't to many glaring weaknesses and the future Gym Battles and Boss Battles don't look to threatening as of now. If I can avoid too many unfortunate deaths I will be able to muscle through this Nuzlocke with a victory.

Not really a full update for now. Just wanted to let everyone know that I did some offscreen stuff in the form of beating the Dewford Gym and catching some stuff, including a permanent addition in Not Water the Dragonite. Beat Team Aqua in the Slateport Museum and will begin a full update after my homework.

I've been doing a Diamond Nuzlocke for a few days, I'll start fill you in on what's happened and start posting updates. The first few will be unspecific because honestly I don't remember everything.

Beginning to Gym 1
I start up the game, fumble around for far too long trying to figure out how to delete my old game, and begin my Nuzlocke. I've done Nuzlockes on RSE and HGSS, but never a DPPt game before. Instantly I'm reminded of how freaking slow everything in this game is. There's a buffer period between every bit of text, my battle scene will remain off to preserve my sanity.

I get Turtwig because I haven't used one in a recent run. On the first two routes I get a Bidoof and a Shinx. I wanted a Starly but whatever, I'll have more chances. I go up to Jubilife and catch the clowns or whatever to get the Poketch. HGSS's bottom screen was pure genius, I wish it was like that in every game. On the adjacent routes, I get a Magikarp and another Bidoof up top. I baby'ed Magikarp, switch training it with every trainer battle. I just barely beat my rival and make my way to the next route where I encounter Starly! Get excited! Wait a second, critical hit tackle from Shinx kills it?

:[

Geodude in the tunnel thing, a Machop in the route above Oreburgh, another Geodude in the mines (after this, I decided to add a Duplicate Clause). Heading to the gym, I ditch the Bidoof and go with a team of Turtwig/Shinx/Machop/Geodude/Magikarp. In the mine, Machop dies to two crits in a row from a trainer's Machop. Looks like Turtwig will be soloing this gym. The gym trainers are easy, Roark's Geodude and Onix are easy, but then comes out Cranidos. I switch out Turtwig because it was hit with screech and I don't want to lose my starter. I switch Geodude in and then back out.

Pursuit. Critical Hit. Knock Out.

Whoops. I bring in Turtwig, use a few strategic healing items and take the badge. After losing two members, I reinstate Bidoof.

Gym 1 to Gym 2
I go fight Team Galactic and head up to Floroma. I get a Shellos from Valley Windworks and while fighting Mars I nearly lost Shinx, who was poisoned with about 3 HP left. I switch in Bidoof to sacrifice while I heal. Continuing on I get a Buizel, which I decide I'm going to trade for Chatot because the Pokemon Gods refuse to let me have Starly. In the woods my first battle contains a Murkrow! Too bad his 30 catch rate doesn't mix with standard Pokeballs very well and Chansey ends up killing it. I grind everyone up to 18, meaning I evolve Turtwig and Shinx into Grotle and Luxio.

On the routes around Eterna I get a Meditite and a Cleffa. lolbox. I trade Buizel for a Chatot who, with one attacking move and an obedience problem, is dead weight for now. I train Grotle to get Bite and sweep Gardenia with it. Yay.

Gym 2 to now
Time to go fight Team Galactic again hohohohoho. The grunts are good training for Magikarp, who is very close to level 20 (!). In the battle with Jupiter, her Zubat's Giga Drain throws me for a loop and nearly kills Shellos. During the fight with Skuntank, a crit Night Slash ends Chatot. nooo Charap was finally getting useful. I avenge him.

I go on cycling road and MAGIKARP EVOLVES MY GRINDING PAYED OFF HAPPY DAY GYARADOS IS THE BEST. I catch a Stunky, who I promptly give the Exp Share too. I also get the VS Seeker, so now training is painless. On the routes around Hearthome I get Roselia, Psyduck, and Staravia. Staravia yesyesyes!!! Critical hit in the Lost Tower nononono!! I just can't keep flying types :'(

Just as a warning to everyone, there's a double battle against a Murkrow and Misdreavous in the tower and they are not above Confuse/Flinch/Crit hax.

I get a Ponyta, and that leaves me at the route above Solaceon, grinding. Stunky made it to Level 25 and learned a usable move so the exp share comes off.

Current Team

Grotle Lv. 24
Overgrow
-Razor Leaf
-Bite
-Curse
-Tackle

Luxio Lv. 23
Rivalry
-Spark
-Bite
-Roar
-Leer

Gyarados Lv. 22
Intimidate
-Strength
-Bite
-Tackle
-Splash

Shellos Lv. 23
Storm Drain
-Water Pulse
-Mud Bomb
-Hidden Power [Rock]
-Mud Slap

Stunky Lv. 25
Aftermath
-Slash
-Toxic
-Screech
-Fury Swipes

Ponyta Lv. 20
Run Away
-Strength
-Ember
-Stomp
-Tail Whip

PC
Meditite Lv 12
Cleffa Lv 12
Gastly Lv 12
Psyduck Lv 18
Roselia Lv 16
Bidoof Lv 4

Dead
Machop Levels 7-10 (death by trainer's Machop)
Geodude Levels 7-9 (death by Roark's Cranidos)
Bidoof Levels 2-10 (death by Mars' Purugly)
Chatot Levels 16-19 (death by Jupiter's Skuntank)
Staravia Levels 16-20 (death by trainer's Murkrow)

Doing a Nuzlocke Roulette of Black version!!

Rules:
1). Catch first pokemon seen (Unless its a Legendary which must be killed) on each route.
2). Catch all Shinies no matter the route.
3). Kill all Legendaries. Seeing them first on a route is not counted.
4). If a mon faints, its dead and placed in a "Dead" box.
5). Nickname all mons.
6). No duplicates (Going to be hard for that to happen)

Route 1: Ullar
Route 2: Matezoide
Dreamyard: Maxim
Route 3: EMusic
Wellspring Cave: IAR
Pinwheel Forest (Outer): Glacier
Pinwheel Forest (Inner): Engineer
Route 4: Lou
Desert Resort: Pwnemon
Relic Castle: SubwayJ
Route 16: SimonSays
Lostlorn Forest: Veemon
Route 5: Objection
Driftville Bridge: Athen
Cold Storage: Complications
Route 6: Texas
Chargestone Cave: Puddle
Route 7: imanalt
Celestial Tower: RKevin
Twist Mountain: Leethoof
Route 17: LightWolf
Route 18: DeckNight
Icirrus City: Eternal
Dragonspiral Tower (Outer): Espy
Dragonspiral Tower (Inner): Dogfish
Route 8: RAlex
Moor of Icirrus: Box
Route 9: Wwarrior
Route 10: Athendors
Victory Road (Outer): Zarator
Victory Road (Inner): AOPS
Route 15: Smash
Route 14:
Undella Town:
Undella Bay:
Route 13:
Giant Chasm:
Route 12:
Village Bridge:
Route 11:
Challenger's Cave:

Sorry for the Double post, but I just wanted to make a Psudo-Update:

All my update data was lost somehow, so I can't tell you exactly what had happened. I can tell you that I beat the first gym and am now in the Dreamyard.

Current team:

Ullar the Nidorino (Lv14)
Ranger the Oshawott (Lv15)
Matezoide the Magcargo (Lv14)
Maxim the Dewgong (Lv8)

Chapter 5 of my Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke is up.

I lost against Norman and am starting over.

EDIT: Good luck everyone, especially King Serperior. KS, you're lucky you have infinite TM usage.

The strict rules basis is that you make the rules; it's your challenge and there's no competition going on here. However I believe most people here would believe it to be bending the rules to the point of breaking, but no one is likely to really judge you for it here. If you want to take advantages of loopholes like that you can.
Being from Nuzforums itself, I can safely say that its more a strategy than breaking the rules. If it exists in the game, then it's viable. One Nuzlocker used the No Dupes clause to his advantage, ensuring he'd get a Murkrow by catching a Zubat, evolving it, and finding a Psyduck and evolving it, ensuring that the only non-dupe would be Murkrow (which he cheesed Mewtwo with, which was very satisfying considering his rules).

On that note, if I can get Randomized Red working, then I think I'll do a run of that.

@Orginazation Member XIV: That sucks. Norman is an awful fight. If you read my Emerald Nuzlocke you'll see I lost my Combusken & my Machamp to him.

Thanks for the love DEMo. I saw that, and I'm currently working on my Nuzlocke. Good luck and have fun. Also, I caught a Trace Ralts on a Randomizer run. Awesome. Just caught a motherf*cking Rachi. SWAG.

EDIT: Chapter 6 of my Nuzlocke is up. Go to page 60 or click the link in my sig to see it.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now, so I might as well start my own first ever Nuzlocke. I'll be doing a LeafGreen Nuzlocke.

Rules-
1) All fainted Pokemon are to be released
2) Only one chance to catch first Pokemon in a route/area (Duplicates included)
3) MUST NICKNAME ALL POKEMON
4) Items are only used outside of battle
5) Must defeat legendaries!
6) Set mode (No switching when foe's Pokemon is KO'ed)
7) Can't be too high a level against foe's Pokemon (Max: 5)
8) Can use gift Pokemon
9) Unlimited heals
10) All shinies WILL be caught. (But not used.)

I plan to make it a Nuzlocke "Fanfiction" as well, so the chapters might be a little long...

Chapter 1
Birth of a new hero...

Opening my eyes, I knew today would be special. As I peered around my familiar room, I noticed a blinking message light on my PC. Trudging towards it, I saw someone left me a message. Hmm...seems like Prof. Oak wants to see me. He attached a potion to it. But why? Shrugging, I withdrew the potion and headed downstairs. Mom said Prof. Oak was looking for me. I wonder what it could be? Heading out I told her, I opened the door where the sunlight greeted my eyes.

I decided to head to Gary's house, seeing if he knew where Prof. Oak was, since he IS his grandson. Daisy, Gary's sister, greeted me, and informed me that Gary was at Prof. Oak's lab. That must mean Prof. Oak was there as well, right? Nope. As Gary rudely told me that "Gramps" wasn't there, I disregarded him and instead stared at the Poke balls on the table. Telling me those were for him, I stared in annoyance at the smirking Gary and headed off.

Letting out a sigh, I took a walk around Pallet, hoping I would spot Prof. Oak somewhere. Oh, how I hate that arrogant Gary...I wish I had a Pokemon, I've always wanted one, and now at the age of 14, I was starting to think I'll never get one.

Oh well...walking back to my house, I heard a rustle in the grass. Prof. Oak? I drew closer and before setting a foot in the tall grass, I was twirled around and there I made eye contact with the Pokemon Professor.

"It's unsafe out there! Wild Pokemon live in the tall grass!" He nodded sternly. "Come with me." And with that, he led me back to his lab. "You need a Pokemon for your own protection." he stated.

Eyes widened, I realized what was to come. FINALLY. I hope this is what I think it is. I'll finally be able to traverse across Kanto with......CRASH!
"Hey Gramps! Why'd you call me here?!" Looking down at me, Gary laughed in contempt. "Watch where you're going next time, Furais."

Giving a scowl to Gary, I stood up, and awaited Prof. Oak's decision. "Ah Gary, hmm...That's right, I told you to come here. Let me think..." Looking into the distance,he spoke in a tone of longing and... remorse? "I used to be a Pokemon trainer once, but now at my age, I've kept these three with me. I would like you both to have one."

"Hmph", Gary smirked. "I don't need to be greedy like you. I'm mature! Go ahead and choose first, Furais!" Ignoring Gary's remark, I proceeded on with my decision and approached the first Pokemon.

A green-ish creature with a massive bulb on its back stared at me with gentle eyes. "Ah, that's Bulbasaur, a Grass-type Pokemon. He's very easy to raise." Giving me a smile, he looked at me with calm eyes. Returning the smile, I took him into consideration, and headed to the next one. Gary, tapping his foot impatiently, told me to hurry up. I stuck my tongue out at him.

A blue turtle-like creature with a brown shell jumped up happily at the sight of me. "Oh, Squirtle, a Water-type Pokemon. He's one worth raising." He looked at me with twinkling eyes. We made eye contact and I patted him. Definitely going to be my starter.

Moving on to the last one, I was unaware of what was in store for me. A fiery lizard stood before me, its tail set ablaze and the flame burning a warm intensity. "That's Charmander. A Fire-type. I wouldn't recommend him to beginners, he's difficult to raise. You should raise him patiently." He stared at me defiantly, and I looked at him with disdain. Out of my choices. So it was either Bulbasaur or Squirtle. As I approached Bulbasaur, I reached my hand out to take him when...

"Oops. Sorry, I forgot to mention. I can't let you take Bulbasaur, he's my first caught Pokemon, you see." uttered Prof. Oak.

Nodding in apology, I turned to Squirtle. I guess he's my starter then. Maybe Gary will pick Charmander. Reaching out a hand again, I was knocked over, and when I looked up, I saw Gary with Squirtle in his arms. Way to be mature, Gary... which leaves me with only one option left. Charmander.

Approaching Charmander again, he looked at me with caution. "I don't like you either, you know." And as I reached out to grab him, he scratched me. Covering my face, I looked at him hatefully.

Prof. Oak sighed, "I'm sorry, he does that to everyone. You can see why he's hard to raise?" I nodded in agreement. "But he's the only one left so..." Eyeing Gary, I saw him sticking his tongue out at me with Squirtle in his hands.

Gary... how I hate you. Looking at Charmander again, I took in a deep breath and held him up away from me. Struggling, he tried to escape, but to no avail. Groaning, I realized. My starter was Charmander. Quite an energetic Pokemon he was, I decided to call him Caim. A careful one, he is, for obvious reasons...
Gary approached me, "My Pokemon looks WAY tougher than yours. How about we have a battle to find out?" Eager to participate in my first battle, I accepted. Except I forgot. Caim hates me. Not obeying me at all, he totally ignored Squirtle. That is, until Squirtle tackled him. Letting out a growl, Caim listened to me, finally. After scratching Squirtle, Squirtle whipped his tail back and forth, lowering Caim's guard. From then on, it was scratch then tackle between the two, until Caim claimed victory.

"What? Unbelievable! I PICKED THE WRONG POKEMON!" cried Gary in rage. Recollecting himself, Gary smirked. "Whatever, I'll train to get him stronger. Furais! Gramps! Smell ya later." and off he went.

Prof. Oak shook his head. "That Gary, so reckless...I was going to ask him a favor but he left so soon... Do you mind going to the next town for me, Furais? I have a package that was delivered to me and I need you to go fetch it." Nodding my head, I took the first step into what was to come.

Chapter 2
Fulfilling Dreams...

Strolling through Route 1 merrily with Caim (Who still dislikes me, but we put up a business-like relationship, mainly he leaves me alone and vice versa.) I happened to encounter my first wild Pokemon. It was a tiny rustle in the grass, but before I knew it, a Rattata jumped viciously at me! Surprised, I flinched, but was even more surprised when I saw Caim shoot embers at it! Not only did Caim learn ember, but we had food! (Uhh…I wonder if it’s legal to eat fried Rattata?) Well, anyways, Caim and I definitely developed a better relationship after that.

So, as we continued on, I met a Pokemart employee. Like all the other advertisements I usually see on TV he was offering me a free sample of a potion followed by persuasive words to visit his shop. Nodding and smiling, I took the potion and left.

Arriving in Viridian city soon enough, I made a quick stop by the Pokemon center and decided to traverse the city first. Uhh…First thing I see is an old man lying on the road.

Shouting in a lunatic’s voice, he cried, “This is private property, I forbid you to go through here!”

A woman who appeared to be the old man’s granddaughter approached me, “Sorry, he hasn’t had his coffee yet…”

“And that is causing him to lie down in the middle of the road?” I inquired. Creasing my brow, I sighed. Whatever. Off to get Prof. Oak’s package it is. Entering the Pokemart was a sight to see. All sorts of goodies lined the shelves, including Pokeballs, potions, and a variety of battling items.

A distant voice called me. “Hey! You from Pallet town?” I nodded. “Well here, take this package to the professor there.”

Accepting the package, I headed back to Pallet. I guess my quest is done. Well my dream was short lived...but maybe not!

"Ah, Furais! Back with my package? Well, give it here. Thank you for the help." Opening the package, he revealed a custom Pokeball. "Ah, yes, this is it." Tucking away the Pokeball, he looked at me strangely. "Why, Furais, you seem different already. And your Pokemon!"
I looked at myself and Caim. Strange, there's no difference.

"You and Caim have grown quite close together, haven't you?"

I looked at Caim, and he snarled at me. "Err...I guess so?"
Right then, guess who'd drop by?

"Gramps! I almost forgot! What'd you call me here for?" Gary's voice rang out loud and clear. Not even looking, I could tell he was right beside me.

"Oh, right! Here, I have a task for you two." Walking over to his research table, he beckoned us. "Come, come! Look here." Approaching his table, I saw two high-tech encyclopedias? "This is my latest invention, the Pokedex! It records data on Pokemon you see or catch. Furais and Gary, each of you take one. I'd like you both to fill this Pokedex with information on each Pokemon. See who can fill it up first?" Prof. Oak chuckled.
Gary and I looked at each other. Challenge accepted.

"Here are some tools to start your journey." He handed us each 5 Pokeballs. "And while you're at it, you might like to participate in the gyms they have in each city? Try to become the best at Pokemon training?" He chuckled again.
Challenge accepted. Again.

Prof. Oak sighed. "You know, to get information on all the Pokemon in the world...that was my dream. But as you can see, I'm too old to get the job done...So I want you two to do it for me! Get moving, both of you." And with that note, he left an encouraging smile.

"Alright, Gramps! Leave it me! Furais, I HATE to say this, I really do, but you should really give up. I'll borrow a map from my sis and I'll tell her NOT to give you one. HA!" And with that, he left.

Stopping by Gary's house anyways, Daisy gave me a town map anyways. Hmph...take that, Gary.
And now, my journey truly begins. I'm off to fulfill dreams!

Caim the Charmander (Male) Lv. 10
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Careful
Moves:
- Scratch
- Growl
- Ember

Sorra the Pidgey (Female) Lv. 9
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Hasty
Moves:
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Gust

Miomi the Rattata (Female) Lv. 5
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Brave
Moves:
- Tackle
- Tail Whip

Flurr the Caterpie (Female) Lv. 4
Ability: Shield Dust
Nature: Quiet
Moves:
- Tackle
- String Shot

None.

None.

@Furais: Respect man. You dont have a duplicate clause, are on set, AND you can only use items out of battle. If you threw in no PC healing you would have one of the most difficult Nuzlockes around

@DEMo_Gorgon47: Thanks DEMo. Truthfully, I was trying to make it as realistic as possible so it would be more enjoyable, but I didn't think it would be really hard. From what you said, let's hope I survive this Nuzlocke then...

So anyways, I finished the first chapter of my fanfiction. Although I haven't done anything (besides picking my starter) yet, the first chapter mainly introduces everything. The next few chapters (I think) will come faster and I'll get more done.

So, without further ado, here's the first chapter:

CHAPTER 1:
Chapter 1
Birth of a new hero...

Opening my eyes, I knew today would be special. As I peered around my familiar room, I noticed a blinking message light on my PC. Trudging towards it, I saw someone left me a message. Hmm...seems like Prof. Oak wants to see me. He attached a potion to it. But why? Shrugging, I withdrew the potion and headed downstairs. Mom said Prof. Oak was looking for me. I wonder what it could be? Heading out I told her, I opened the door where the sunlight greeted my eyes.

I decided to head to Gary's house, seeing if he knew where Prof. Oak was, since he IS his grandson. Daisy, Gary's sister, greeted me, and informed me that Gary was at Prof. Oak's lab. That must mean Prof. Oak was there as well, right? Nope. As Gary rudely told me that "Gramps" wasn't there, I disregarded him and instead stared at the Poke balls on the table. Telling me those were for him, I stared in annoyance at the smirking Gary and headed off.

Letting out a sigh, I took a walk around Pallet, hoping I would spot Prof. Oak somewhere. Oh, how I hate that arrogant Gary...I wish I had a Pokemon, I've always wanted one, and now at the age of 14, I was starting to think I'll never get one.

Oh well...walking back to my house, I heard a rustle in the grass. Prof. Oak? I drew closer and before setting a foot in the tall grass, I was twirled around and there I made eye contact with the Pokemon Professor.

"It's unsafe out there! Wild Pokemon live in the tall grass!" He nodded sternly. "Come with me." And with that, he led me back to his lab. "You need a Pokemon for your own protection." he stated.

Eyes widened, I realized what was to come. FINALLY. I hope this is what I think it is. I'll finally be able to traverse across Kanto with......CRASH!
"Hey Gramps! Why'd you call me here?!" Looking down at me, Gary laughed in contempt. "Watch where you're going next time, Furais."

Giving a scowl to Gary, I stood up, and awaited Prof. Oak's decision. "Ah Gary, hmm...That's right, I told you to come here. Let me think..." Looking into the distance,he spoke in a tone of longing and... remorse? "I used to be a Pokemon trainer once, but now at my age, I've kept these three with me. I would like you both to have one."

"Hmph", Gary smirked. "I don't need to be greedy like you. I'm mature! Go ahead and choose first, Furais!" Ignoring Gary's remark, I proceeded on with my decision and approached the first Pokemon.

A green-ish creature with a massive bulb on its back stared at me with gentle eyes. "Ah, that's Bulbasaur, a Grass-type Pokemon. He's very easy to raise." Giving me a smile, he looked at me with calm eyes. Returning the smile, I took him into consideration, and headed to the next one. Gary, tapping his foot impatiently, told me to hurry up. I stuck my tongue out at him.

A blue turtle-like creature with a brown shell jumped up happily at the sight of me. "Oh, Squirtle, a Water-type Pokemon. He's one worth raising." He looked at me with twinkling eyes. We made eye contact and I patted him. Definitely going to be my starter.

Moving on to the last one, I was unaware of what was in store for me. A fiery lizard stood before me, its tail set ablaze and the flame burning a warm intensity. "That's Charmander. A Fire-type. I wouldn't recommend him to beginners, he's difficult to raise. You should raise him patiently." He stared at me defiantly, and I looked at him with disdain. Out of my choices. So it was either Bulbasaur or Squirtle. As I approached Bulbasaur, I reached my hand out to take him when...

"Oops. Sorry, I forgot to mention. I can't let you take Bulbasaur, he's my first caught Pokemon, you see." uttered Prof. Oak.

Nodding in apology, I turned to Squirtle. I guess he's my starter then. Maybe Gary will pick Charmander. Reaching out a hand again, I was knocked over, and when I looked up, I saw Gary with Squirtle in his arms. Way to be mature, Gary... which leaves me with only one option left. Charmander.

Approaching Charmander again, he looked at me with caution. "I don't like you either, you know." And as I reached out to grab him, he scratched me. Covering my face, I looked at him hatefully.

Prof. Oak sighed, "I'm sorry, he does that to everyone. You can see why he's hard to raise?" I nodded in agreement. "But he's the only one left so..." Eyeing Gary, I saw him sticking his tongue out at me with Squirtle in his hands.

Gary... how I hate you. Looking at Charmander again, I took in a deep breath and held him up away from me. Struggling, he tried to escape, but to no avail. Groaning, I realized. My starter was Charmander. Quite an energetic Pokemon he was, I decided to call him Caim. A careful one, he is, for obvious reasons...
Gary approached me, "My Pokemon looks WAY tougher than yours. How about we have a battle to find out?" Eager to participate in my first battle, I accepted. Except I forgot. Caim hates me. Not obeying me at all, he totally ignored Squirtle. That is, until Squirtle tackled him. Letting out a growl, Caim listened to me, finally. After scratching Squirtle, Squirtle whipped his tail back and forth, lowering Caim's guard. From then on, it was scratch then tackle between the two, until Caim claimed victory.

"What? Unbelievable! I PICKED THE WRONG POKEMON!" cried Gary in rage. Recollecting himself, Gary smirked. "Whatever, I'll train to get him stronger. Furais! Gramps! Smell ya later." and off he went.

Prof. Oak shook his head. "That Gary, so reckless...I was going to ask him a favor but he left so soon... Do you mind going to the next town for me, Furais? I have a package that was delivered to me and I need you to go fetch it." Nodding my head, I took the first step into what was to come.

Current Team:

Caim the Charmander (Male) Lv. 5
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Careful
Moves:
- Scratch
- Growl

Boxed:
None.

Passed away:
None.

P.S. - Question, if it's okay to ask also: How do you put text in the spoiler box? By that I mean replace the ... right next to the show button in the box.

Just a nitpick, Furais, Charmander has Growl instead of Tackle, but that's just a typo. Best of luck on your Nuzlocke! I hope to God you catch a Mankey...

Decided to Nuzlocke my White 2, since the reviews everywhere said that these particular games were childishly easy. I got a quick question: in the Castelia Sewers, would the first encounter be the very first thing you encounter period, or the first wild Pokemon you run into after you team up with your rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)