New Year's Resolution

Find a new job and maybe something else that's sort of personal.

Also, I actually want to get back into competitive battling, maybe the inevitable 6th gen. will motivate me.

Get a new contract as Manager of the retail store I work at.
Be a cleaner and more mature person.
Move in with, or be close to moving in with my girlfriend.

And a couple of simple wants:
Get my six-pack back.
Have proper savings for the first time in my life.
Sleep More.

I don't like making serious resolutions in advance, but in hindsight I always end up achieving what I would have done.

To get off my ass and legitimately try to get in better shape, instead of this on and off relationship I have with exercise and healthy eating...

Get better grades. The 3.2 this semester was pathetic.

Waste less time...the wealth of it that I have now (even in college) can definitely assist with the above two.

To take things to heart less. I tend to overthink and overanalyze, and while I try keeping it to myself, it's definitely the cause for a lot of anguish (as much anguish as a privileged college student can muster, I guess).

Think more about myself when it comes to relationships with other people.

I guess that's it.

So much free time on my hands so...

To get a job within 2 months, start applying but all the faaaakin grocery/retail stores want 14-15 rather than an 18 year old. I am so sad.

To learn piano, started a couple days ago and it is something that I enjoy learning.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I posted something on facebook this afternoon on my way to the gym and wanted to share that facebook status here.

I know the last half of 2012 i was just really silly, especially towards the end. And of course i ended the year in very silly fashion as anyone that had the pleasure of seeing my last thread that i created whiles drunk would know. Anyways, here is the post

"New years resolutions:

They say that 1 in 4 of us will have already given up by the end of the first week.

They say that about only 8% of people will actually fulfil the goals they set for themselves... thats a 92% failure rate

My friends, I do not know what you hope to accomplish this year, in the future or just in life, period, but I hope you fight along with me to accomplish whatever it is you are going for. I know I will fall, and I will fall multiple times, but I will always get back up and continue to march on until I reach that finish line. After all, we only truly fail when we stop trying, give up and just stay down.

So let us give it all we have and prove to them/the world/statistics that we are the 8% (AND 100% AWESOME ).

This year is going to be LEGEN, WAIT FOR IT"

so yes, as you can tell i am a fan of how i met your mother, but also that i am looking to achieving each and everyone of the goals i set for myself this year.
Whether you made a post in this thread or not, I just want to wish you good luck and some words of encouragement. Do not quit

blitzlefan

shake it off!
DARY! Whew that was going to drive me insane.
Also I gotta get caught up in himym and probs supernatural too. that would be a nice thing to happen this year.

1. Grow at least 3 inches

2. 3.8+ GPA

3. get better at math and physics, start preparing for the Putnam exam

4. stop running for at least 6 months, so that I can actually fully recover from my old high school injuries

5. actually do all the little rehab exercises you're supposed to do during those 6 months

6. pick up (casual, non-competitive) distance swimming

7. continue lifting weights

8. drink less (low priority)

Just kidding about #1, though it would be really nice to grow. Also like matthew I'm a little tired of assisted masturbation and would like to try out a steady girlfriend

1: Drop to about 130 lbs by the end of Feburary. Doing that I would've lost 50 lbs since last year, which would kick tremendous arse.
2: Obtain my predicted grades (A* in History and Politics, B in Eng Lit) and head off to Uni
3: Become a generally far more sociable and outgoing guy. This is the big one really, as it was in September when I realised I was pretty much socially clueless, and I got floored over the past 3 months trying yet failing to converse in a non-awkward way. This year however I aim to overcome whatever stigma is associated with my disability, get out there and just be a likeable non-awkward guy.
4: Get at least 1 shiny Pokemon per month, though seeing how 6th form and social matters take priority, this is gonna be hard to say the least.

No fap 2013 is going excellently so far for those who are interested.
I also got my one B up to an A last quarter (.1 below cutoff smh) and have been running+lifting with my school track team, but those pale in comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)