Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ yoshinite: You get Hardy the Shelmet.

Hardy may not evolve for obvious reasons, must have the Shell Armour ability, & may never be the lowest levelled member on your team. Furthermore, Hardy must know & keep Protect & Acid Armour. No other restrictions, since Shelmet are pretty ill-equipped to do much otherwise, lol.

Have fun.

Chapter 2 of White is up!

Wow, I've been incommunicado last couple days, need to start posting again. Finals suck.

I originally planned to update Ruby today, but I was idea starved and couldn't get anything together. Luckily, I had enough ideas to write up a White update so you guys don't think I died or anything.

Striaton City
October 24th, 1822

Ghetsis reclined in the study of The Swellow’s Roost, a somewhat cozy inn in the center of Striaton. He tried to hide his worries, but even with a cigar in his hand and a drink on the table, he couldn’t quite pull it off.

“N, are you alright? You’ve been...different the past few days. Is it true what the sages have told me? You are speaking in Pokemon tongues?”

N looked almost as flustered as his father felt. “Yes, it is all true/I have learn’d from Pokemon/But I am alright.”

Ghetsis sighed and buried his head in his hands. “Must you speak in haiku, N? This is a serious matter. If you are too strange, the public will not be able to sympathize with you.”

“In order to free them/we must love them as ourselves/we must understand.”

“A noble speech. But if the people are too absorbed in your odd speech...what will become of our revolution?”

“Your fame is fleeting/someday the spotlight must shine/on another man.”

“Hmm...”

Nuvema Town Outskirts
October 27th, 1822

Connor padded softly through the woods, checking his and Sarah’s traps. Unlike Jonathan, he had covered his traps with a small layer of dirt, to disguise them. He had to wonder if they would still work.

He reached the last of the traps belonging to him. Still empty. Frustrated, he pulled out a stick and poked the trigger. The trap didn’t close.

“DAMN IT!” he shouted, scaring off a few Pidoves in a nearby tree.

Connor headed for his last trap, a net set in the mud next to the river. He stepped around a tree and froze on the spot. Right there, in the center of his net, were two pokemon drinking from the river.

He reached for the line, checked it, and pulled it out. The net snapped shut around the two pokemon, who yelped and clawed as they were entangled. They were more...alive...then Connor thought they would be.

The smaller of the pair, an Oshawott, started slicing at the net with a ebony shell while the larger breathed smoke from its nose. Connor laughed as he took the shell away and hauled the net over his shoulder.

He knew which one he wanted.

Nuvema Town Outskirts
October 29, 1822

The woods were cool and dark in the midst of the night. A new moon didn’t leave much light for the pokemon who preyed upon each other in the night. Not enough light to tell who was preying upon who, at least.

Though it was early in the night, one Snivy had found her mark. She bent down onto her arms to hide the light scales on her belly, and crawled forward carefully. One snapped twig, one crushed leaf, and she would have to start from scratch. But she was lucky-the forest floor was clear tonight, and the forest floor was almost pitch black. She could hear a Patrat gently snoring on a branch above her. Silently, a vine grew from her back and wrapped around the branch.

She pulled herself up by the vine and quietly pulled herself onto the branch. The Patrat was only a little smaller then her, and it was curled up inside an abandoned bird’s nest with its mother. This was going to be trickier then she expected. She extended another vine from her other shoulder, feeling the drain on her energy as she did. The vine wrapped itself around the young Patrat’s leg, waking it. It cried out, and the mother stirred.

Snivy heaved with all her might, overturning the nest. She would just have to hope that she was strong enough to stay on the branch when Patrat hit the end of the vine.

She wasn’t.

October 30, 1822

Jonathan strode confidently through the woods, checking his traps. As he did, he realized how lonely he felt already, only two days since Connor and Sarah had set out for Accumula Town. Their pokemon tucked under their arms made him even lonelier-even if they left each other during their travels, they would have a pokemon to keep them company.

Jonathan had no one except his parents.

That didn’t last long. The strange scene spread before him at his third trap left him wondering,”What in Arceus’ name?”

October 29, 1822

Snivy rolled over, and slowly climbed to her feet. Her entire body ached from the fall, and her vision was doubled. A few feet away, the Patrat slowly stirred, groaning, while its mother remained still. For a moment, Snivy was tempted to quit while she wasn’t too badly hurt. She had misjudged the danger of the hunt. Now, she was bruised up, her head was killing her, and there were bound to be predators that had been drawn in by the noise.

She lunged for the Patrat, hoping to quickly kill it and escape before the mother woke. It rolled out of reach and scampered off into the darkness of the woods. Snivy chased after it. She had spent too much energy to fail in her hunt-wasting as much energy as she had for nothing could spell her doom.

The Patrat was clever for its young age. It slowed down to a crawl, knowing that without the sound of its running or the light of day to guide her, Snivy could only follow with her sense of smell. A sense that the awakened mother shared.

Snivy could smell the Patrat’s sweat, hear its frightened panting. Suddenly, it dashed off over a tree root. She lashed out with a whip, tripping it but not managing to hold on. She chased after it, and saw its eerily glowing eyes staring back at her. Snivy extended a vine, knowing full well that if Patrat wasn’t running, then it couldn’t run.

She reached out her vines toward Patrat’s neck to calmly strangle it. A branch broke behind her, and she whirled around just in time to take a slash to the face. She fell onto her back, her face soaking the soil with blood. The mother, a Watchog twice Snivy’s size, picked her up by the neck (if she could even be said to have a neck) and slammed her into a tree trunk. Snivy raked her face and eyes with her vines until the mother released her, blinded.

Snivy saw the Patrat limping away, and gave chase, while the enraged mother rubbed her eyes.

A pair of cold jaws snapped shut on Snivy’s foot, throwing her to the ground. Blood dripped from her trapped hind leg, and the mother walked back towards Snivy, enraged and ready for the kill. There was murder in her eyes, and with her leg trapped, there was no way Snivy could escape.

Snivy swung her vines out around the mother’s neck. The Watchog clawed at the vines and tried to charge to Snivy, but the vines held firm. It took all of Snivy’s concentration to squeeze the vines tighter while holding Watchog limp.

She squeezed..

...then she squeezed some more...

...and then even more...

...Watchog went limp in the vines’ grip, and she kept squeezing until she had nothing left. She collapsed, bruised and bleeding, vines still gripping the dead Watchog’s neck.

October 30, 1822

Jonathan tied a rope collar around the Snivy’s neck, then carefully released the trap’s jaws.

“So...what should I call you?”

So yeah, a lot of quick stories here. I promise next chapter will expand on them all and tie them together so they won't feel so much like a trailer and feel more like a few plot threads just waited to be woven together.

Anyways, enjoy!

@Solner

You should totally try drawing, I think you'll do a great job.
You could even have design quirks for each Pokemon with accessories and expressions!
I am already looking forward to updates!

Woo, weekends! I actually have time to do things! Therefore, Chapter 6 of my Pokemon Blue Scramble is up! This one is a bit long, but still not to tl;dr range. Enjoy!

(@skarmory, I found that update rather enjoyable. I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates!)

Chapter 6: The Nugget Challange, and a New Ally!
Ttar decided that seeing what the "Nugget Bridge Challenge" was all about before taking on the Gym. With his Pokemon fully healed, he headed to the north side of town, to the entrance to Route 24. As he was about to set foot on the brigde, a familiar person came running towards him. Ttar knew who it was, and groaned to himself.

"Yo, Ttar!" Blue called out. "You're still struggling along back here? I'm doing great! I caught a bunch of strong and smart Pokemon!"
'Good for you,' Ttar thought.

"Here, Ttar, let me see what you caught!" Blue said. "Let's have a battle!"

Without waiting for a confirmation, Blue took out a Pokeball. "Go, Pidgeotto!" he said. Out of the ball came a fairly large bird.

'His Pidgey must have evolved,' Ttar thought. He pulled out a Pokeball of his own and tossed it up, saying, "Go, Arceustar!" The small Pokemon came out of it's Pokeball, ready to fight.

"Pidgeotto, Sand Attack!" Blue commanded. Arceustar was hit in the face by a bunch of sand, but he stood strong.

"Water Gun!" Ttar ordered. Arceustar shot a pulse of water, nailing Pidgeotto in the face.

"Sand Attack again!" Blue shouted.

"Dodge it, and use Water Gun!" Ttar cried out. Arceustar jumped out of the way of the burst of sand, and shot another Water Gun, hitting the Pidgeotto again.

"Hit it with Quick Attack!" Blue said to Pidgeotto. Moving at high speed, Pidgeotto slammed into Arceustar. It appeared to score a critical hit, as Arceustar fell over from the force, and didn't get back up. Arceustar had fainted! Ttar called back his defeated Pokemon. He pulled another Pokeball out.

"Finish this, Doomed!" Ttar yelled. Doomed the Nidorina came out of the ball, ready to fight.

"Sand Attack, just like before!" Blue said. Pidgeotto whipped up sand, but before Ttar even gave an order, Doomed jumped high into the air.

"Hit it with Scratch!" Ttar shouted. Doomed dropped down onto Pidgeotto, it's claws glowing. With one quick hit, the Pidgeotto collapsed to the ground. Pidgeotto fainted!

"Come back!" Blue said. "Go, Abra!"

A small yellow Pokemon that appeared to be sleeping appeared. Ttar called Doomed back, and sent out Angry Nerd the Spearow, wanting it to get some action too.

"Fury Attack, go!" Ttar commanded. Angry Nerd rushed to the Abra and poked it with it's beak four times. Already, the Abra fell over. It's defenses must have been low, because it fainted in one hit!

Blue called his Abra back, and called out his next Pokemon, a Rattata. Ttar withdrew Angry Nerd, and sent Doomed back out. The Rattata used Quick Attack, but it barely damaged Doomed. On the other hand, Doomed only had to use Scratch twice, and the Rattata fainted.

"Your Pokemon are pretty strong, Ttar!" Blue complimented. "My last Pokemon; go, Bulbasaur!" The familiar plant Pokemon appeared in a flash of light. Ttar called Doomed back, figuring that Angry Nerd had a better matchup against Bulbasaur.

"Use Peck!" Ttar called. Angry Nerd rammed straight into the Bulbasaur, and the Bulbasaur was clearly hurt.

"Use Leech Seed!" Blue said. Bulbasaur's bulb opened slightly, and it shot a seed at Angry Nerd. It hit square in the chest, and expanded with vines, covering Angry Nerd! Ttar had no idea what was going to happen, but figured that his best plan was to just faint the Bulbasaur.

"One more Peck!" Ttar said. Spearow charged again, beak held out, and hit the Bulbasaur straight in the head. That was the final hit; Bulbasaur crumpled. Ttar had won the battle! Blue called back his defeated Pokemon, shaking his head.

"Your Pokemon are seriously tough, Ttar," Blue said with a smirk. "You should visit Bill's house. He lives up on Route 25. He's got a ton of rare Pokemon! If you're still working on the Pokedex, it would be worth your time. Anyways, I'm out. Smell ya later!"

With that, Blue walked away, seemingly headed to the PokeMart. Since Arceustar had fainted, Ttar went to heal his Pokemon, then returned to the Nugget Bridge, ready to take on it's 'Challenge.'

There appeared to be five people on the bridge, waiting. The first trainer explained that the challenge was to take on all five trainers in a row. Ttar figured this would be good training before the Cerulean Gym, so he accepted.

Ttar's Pokemon were clearly leagues ahead of the competition. None of the five trainers gave him any sort of challenge. After defeating all five, a man on the other side of the bridge approached Ttar.

"Congratulations, you beat our five trainers!" the man said. "Here is your prize!" He handed Ttar a Nugget of gold.

"Thanks," Ttar said. He started to walk on, but the man stopped him.

"By the way, would you like to join Team Rocket?" the man asked. Ttar shook his head. He had no interest in the scum of Team Rocket.

"I'm telling you to join!" the man shouted. He removed his jacked to reveal a Team Rocket uniform! "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse! Go, Ekans!"

The man sent out the small purple snake Pokemon. Ttar responded by sending out Angry Nerd. He commanded it to use Fury Attack, which took out the Ekans with four hits. The man followed up by sending out a Zubat. This too was doomed to failure, as a 3-hit Fury Attack followed by a Peck was enough to take out the Zubat, and all it did is steal 1HP with Leech Life.

"Argh! You're good!" the Rocket Grunt shouted. "You could've become a top leader in Team Rocket! Now, you're on our shit list! Watch out, kid! We'll get you someday!"

The man then ran off. Ttar laughed to himself. 'That was the power of Team Rocket, huh?' he thought. 'No wonder they're never accomplishing things.' He then went to the left of the bridge. He saw some tall grass. Since Blue had four Pokemon, Ttar decided that he too should catch a fourth Pokemon.

As soon as he walked into the grass, he noticed an odd flower. It appeared to be wiggling back and forth. Ttar thought this looked odd. 'It must be a Pokemon,' he thought. 'If I just toss a Pokeball while it isn't looking, maybe I can catch it!'

He did just this. He tossed a Pokeball at the wiggling plant. Sure enough, the plant went inside, the ball shook three times, and just like that, Ttar had caught another Pokemon! A scan by the Pokedex revealed this Pokemon's name to be Bellsprout. Ttar didn't care for that name. Being a Grass-type, Ttar decided to name it 'enviro.' This new Pokemon would be sure to help against Misty's Water-type Pokemon!

With his new Pokemon on-hand, Ttar decided that it was time to train it some. He proceeded onto Route 25, where many trainers awaited! Thanks to it's Grass-type move Vine Whip, enviro was able to make quick work of the Rock/Ground type Pokemon used by the Hikers. enviro was leveling up fast! It learned Poisonpowder and Sleep Powder along the way!

Before too long, Ttar found himself in front of a small house on the cape at the end of Route 25. The sign outside said, 'Sea Cottage! Bill lives here!' Obviously, this was the right place. Ttar walked inside.

The only thing he saw when he walked in was a Clefairy, working with a machine on the wall. Hearing, Ttar's footsteps, the Clefairy turned around, and quite to Ttar's surprise, it started talking!

"Hiya! I'm Bill!" the Clefairy said. "I screwed up an experiment, and got fused with a Clefairy! My machine is set up to turn me back to normal. So, help me out here, ok?"

Ttar was speechless. 'Bill' took this as a yes, and it walked into one of the pods of the machine. "Just run the Cell Separator!" 'Bill' called. Ttar walked over to the computer, and activated the Cell Seperator program. He was convinced he was dreaming, so doing this couldn't hurt.

The machine whirred into life, accompanied by flashing lights. The Clefairy disappeared from the first pod, and moments later, a human appeared in the other one! Ttar knew this had to be a dream now.

"Thanks, pal!" the man said, smiling. "I'm Bill! I've got a huge collection of Pokemon! But I should thank you in some other way.... I've got it!"

Bill pulled a small piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to Ttar. It said 'S.S.Ticket' on it. "That's a ticket to a fancy party on the S.S.Anne in Vermilion City!" Bill said. "Vermilion City is south of Cerulean. I was invited to the party, but I can't stand fancy do's. You can go in my place!"

As odd as this was, Ttar had always wanted to go on a ship. He was so happy, he forgot about this being a 'dream.' He thanked Bill, and left. While he wanted to challenge Misty, Ttar decided that going to the party on the S.S.Anne was more important. Ttar returned to Cerulean City, healed his Pokemon, and prepared to venture to Vermilion City!

Current Team:

Arceustar the Squirtle
Level 19
-Mega Punch
-Tail Whip
-Bubble
-Water Gun

Doomed the Nidorina
Level 19
-Water Gun
-Growl
-Scratch
-Poison Sting

Angry Nerd the Spearow
Level 19
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

enviro the Bellsprout
Level 18
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Wrap
-Poisonpowder

CJorex, take Seabound the Wingull. Seabound just loves water and everything associated with it, and as such it wants to be the Pokemon you're riding when Surfing (since Wingull can't learn Surf this only applies once it becomes a Pelipper). Its love for anything having to do with water prevents it from fighting any Water- or Ice-types, and also prevents it from learning Shock Wave. Of course, it can't use Water-type attacks if there isn't any water nearby, meaning it can only use Water-type attacks under any of the following conditions:
The weather condition is rainy.
The Route/Town/City Seabound is fighting in is next to a body of water (examples of this are Valor Lakefront and Victory Road's basement floor).

Have fun! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I deleted the evolution requirement, by the way.
Wingull named Seabound
Must know Fly and Surf (though the latter can't be taught until it evolves)
Won't fight a Water- or Ice-type
Can't learn Shock Wave
Can only use Water-type moves if it's raining or if the area Seabound's fighting in is near a body of water of some sort.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok, you get soundproof the snover.

As you should know, the only reason to use snover is snow warning. Soundproof doesn't like this, and has trained himself to have its hidden ability by unleashing the power within! Thus, if a sound-based move is used on snover then he must switch out. Additionally, as soundproof hates snow so much, you must have 3 moves of the grass type, and none of the ice.

Have fun :D

Understood. My apologies. Will change the species (and challange) and later edit it into this post.

EDIT: Okay, here it is! I hope you enjoy (provided you accept it, of course).
CJorex, take Variety the Remoraid. Variety enjoys having a large selection of options in battle, so its movepool must consist of attacks, each with a different type. Also, its moveset must be a 50-50 split between physical and special attacks. Once this is achieved, Variety can evolve. Another thing about Variety is that it (from the moment you catch it) is permanently under the effect of Torment. To prove its versatility, Variety must solo a Gym Leader.

Since my Diamond Nuzlocke gets boring after the first gyms, I want to challenge this game in scramble fashioned way. I would like to get a Hard Diamond Scramble Challange from you.

The restrictions for acceptable challenges:
1. Every Pokemon has a unique personality that comes along with unique problems that need to be fixed. Just imagine I would be the Sigmund Freud of Pokemon and I have to get rid of the mental consequences, that come from serious mistreatment of wild and trainer-owned Pokemon.

If it improves the characterization of your challenge-mon you can set moderate conditions regarding nature, capture details or other things you would like to see.

I will not accept challenges for the elite four at the beginning, but will post all available Pokemon to get new challenges if I get that far ;)

2. The special problems of every Pokemon need to be treated individually. Be creative with the ways to overcome their problems.

What happens if the Pokemon gets rid of its burden? Does an other problem occur from the depths of its soul? Will it be cured and go back home(released)... there are so many possibilities, but it´s your turn to decide

It would also be nice to consider, what happens if the chosen Pokemon cannot get rid of a certain problem, when it does not meet its requirements.

Example: Celever and Inanimate Blob each gave me one Burmy. The first one has to solo Gardenia to evolve, but the second one has to solo four of the strongest gym leader pokemon. Now, Burmy does not have the movepool to defeat lucario, mismagius or bastiodon in any way and is not available until after the roark-match. This means it has to defeat gardenias roserade as well, so they compete for that challenge spot.
It would be nice to give the looser´s (and winner´s)personality development a twist when such situations occur ;)

I will not accept too many repetitive challenges. It bores me if every pokemon has to solo Trainer xyz to evolve or something like that. Be creative with your challenges. I want to see as much about Sinnoh as possible.
I´m still new to contests, don´t know anything about underground and so on...

3. Later suggestions need to take the already accepted challenges into account.

Some of the given Pokemon may compete for team spots or challenge fulfillment possibilities. They might also help each other to fulfill their requirements. Or you tell me to add the seventh pokemon when one of the other pokemon has reached the goal of getting back to sanity.
You can make use of in-game trades or trades with one of your games if you like.

I like variety. The more background story you create, the more I will enjoy your challenge. Let's get the most out of this boring sinnoh region...

Accepted Challenges (comments about rule breaking and your most adorable creations in hide tags as well)
Take Pretty the Male Burmy. Pretty feels like it should have been female, and as such, must have sassy moves! Sweet Transvestite from transsexual Transsilvania... ;DIt must have Attract and one other non-attacking move of your choice at all possible times. Additionally, it must solo Gardenia to evolve.
If someone doesn't give you a female Burmy, you get another restriction - Pretty may ONLY use physical moves. Good luck! edit: I will always restrict Pretty to only know physical moves, otherwise the challenge will get to easy for her/him.

or if first burmy is female

Omnivore, take ugly the female burmy.
Ugly feels very self-aware. "How could a pokemon love a burmy such as I!?" she would say to herself continuously. Burmy aren't meant to be cute, they are hard-working, noble pokemon! That was what people would say to ugly, taking pity on the poor thing. As such, Ugly now believes this and hates all Burmy prettier than she. Unfortunately, this is every Burmy and Ugly must switch in and attack every Burmy continuously that she sees! Ugly must work hard every other gym battle, taking out the highest-leveled of 2 of the 8 gym leaders.
Now, it must evolve into trash wormadam, as they look trash. Trash wormadam must then be named trash, Trash looks trash, but aspires to look beautiful. It must win the beauty contest, the easiest one and the second one Thanks a lot! I hope those contests are at least half as fun as pokeathlon(idk what it is called, the good and the great beauty contests?). Now trash may only have special attacks that damage - 2 minimum, no physical and must always keep attract.
Enjoy!

Omnivore, I give you Stressed the Meditite. Stressed doesn't exactly work well under pressure (never really has), and it just so happens that it gets stressed out easily. For convenience's sake, imagine a "stress meter" that determines Stressed's state of mind.

The stress meter starts at 10, as Stressed was pretty shaken up by being caught.
The stress meter caps at 15. If Stressed reaches this point, it needs to take a 24-hour (IRL, not in the game) break from battling. Once this is achieved, Stressed's meter goes down to 5.
If Stressed's stress meter is anywhere from 10 to 14, it can't use its 2 most powerful moves.
If the meter is within the range of 5-9, it can't use any 2 moves of your choice. Keep in mind that one of which has to be an attacking move and the other doesn't.
Anything below the above ranges means Stressed isn't under any significant pressure, meaning it has no restrictions whatsoever.

Now that you know the benchmarks of the stress meter, it's time for you to find out how to alter it (the meter, not the benchmarks)!

If Stressed gets affected (negatively) by an opponent's ability, add 1 to its stress meter.
If Stressed gets statused, add 2 to its stress meter.
If Stressed enters a battle against an opponent who resists its STAB or hits it super effectively, add 2 to its stress meter.
If Stressed falls into the red, add 4 to its stress meter.
If Stressed gets critically hit, add 5 to its stress meter.
If Stressed becomes the last surviving member of your team (barring HM Slaves and other fodder), add 7 to its stress meter.

To lower the stress meter by 1, have Stressed use Meditate or Calm Mind.
To lower the stress meter by 2, have Stressed use Psych Up.
To lower the stress meter by 3, have Stressed solo a trainer's Pokemon without taking any damage whatsoever (or getting statused).

Stressed refuses to hold items or have any be used on it, as it wants to prove it can survive without aid from anyone else. On that note, Stressed can't participate in any double battles, as it isn't trusting of its teammates, either. To evolve, Stressed must prove it's capable of coping with stress, and the way it does that is by soloing 10 trainers in a row, all the while having its stress meter never exceed 5.
Upon evolution, Stressed gets better at handling stress. To reflect this, its stress meter caps at 25, rather than 15. To accomodate for the increased limit, the "can't use 2 most powerful moves" and "can't use 2 moves of your choice" benchmarks' limits are increased by 10 (making them 20-24 and 15-19, respectively). Also, all of the factors that raise Stressed's stress meter are halved (in the case of odd numbers, round up) and Stressed is willing to accept items from you.
Have fun!

Pride closely resembles Dawn's Piplup from the anime. When you receive Pride at first, it still dislikes you and does not want to accept food from you. So you can only heal Piplup at the Pokecenter. Whenever Piplup'shealth gets into orange / red, it becomes angry and starts shouting at the opponent: Use Growl at least once when that happens, following by Peck (When you learn it), because when it gets angry, al it does it Peck at the opponent, usually to no avail and fainting. --> Pride cannot switch out when his health gets down to orange / red, as it has too much Pride. When Pride reaches the contests, it falls in love with them, forgetting everything and everyone when he sees the Contest Building. Pride instantly believes it is his destiny to become the best contest pokemon ever, and takes part in every category. While he is doing the contests, he always uses bubblebeam at least once. (You should be level 22 by then.) Upon winning all the categories, Piplup forgets his Pecking tendencies, but instead grows overconfident and evolves into Prinplup. All restrictions are lifted.

As a Prinplup, Pride is very hungry and always has to have a berry attached. Whenever its health drops below 50%, heal Pride immedeatly. Pride still wants to perfect his Contest skills and always battle with Bubblebeam, as practice is the key to success. To perfect his skills, he has to solo Fantina, as she is the leading contest star, and gaining her attention will make him all happy. Having done so, Pride gains the ability to evolve into Empoleon. (note: all moves besides bubblebeam, peck and growl are prohibited for now)

His overconfidence is stunning, and Pride wants to battle every member of the Mamoswine family. His call for attention might be his downfall though, as it wants to fight pokemon of types he is weak to in order to use more moves. His overconfidence calls out to him to solo a total of 25 trainer owned electric / ground / fighting types after having solo'd Fantina in order to gain the ability to learn said moves: Drill Peck, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and Head Butt. Empoleon will still be your Pride team member and as his Pride takes his toll, as an Empoleon, he wants to switch in whenever another team members health falls below 1/3th.

GL, Hope you like the theme based challenge.

PS:lol at Dawn's Piplup learning Headbutt, it is HGSS only :)

@CJ Corex
You are not allowed to reject challenges just because you don't like them. You can reject challenges that do not align with the difficulty you set forward or don't fit your SPECIFIC rules (IE no Pokemon from my previous scramble is OK).

From the rules in the first post:
Rule #6: You can only reject a challange you were given ONLY IF it breaks your rules, or if it "Does not fit your difficulty", or if it is one of those downright stupid challanges that nobody would even consider doing, but yeah. If you get a challange you want to reject but you didn't say no to, too bad. You have to put up with it.
This means you have accept that Snover Celever gave you, no complaining. It does not break any of your rules or conflict with your other challenges.

@Omnivore
I HIGHLY recommend you change your suggestion that people assign specific natures and IVs to your Pokemon. Take it from one of the most experienced scramblers on this topic; you do NOT want to spend 3 hours looking for something so specific. Trust me on this.

You should try to make your rules more specific too and less vague. For example, you should set a number of challenges you're taking right now, lest things get complicated later on. You other... guidelines? are rather vague in their meaning and could raise some confusion.

Overall I suggest you revise your post so that its a little easier to understand. I know I don't feel comfortable giving you anything yet because I'm honestly not sure what you're looking for, and I can't be the only one.

Celever

i am town
You also can't add rules to the challenge post after you post it...

jeez, this isn't actually going to be much of a challenge for you. I apologize if this sounds a little hostile, but a scramble challenge is meant to be at least a bit challenging; you can't really bend the rules to how you please. It really does defeat the point, and if you are just going to reject or make us change the challenges we give you then what point is there giving it to you in the first place?

@CJorex Take Flail the Magikarp. As a Magikarp, it must be bait-and-switched to train, even if you get an Exp. Share. When it reaches level 15, you must train it itself!

When it evolves, it is insanely proud of its achievement, and as such, refuses to use physical moves because it thinks its too good for them. Also, solo Byron. Good luck!

@Omnivore Take Pretty the Male Burmy. Pretty feels like it should have been female, and as such, must have sassy moves! It must have Attract and one other non-attacking move of your choice at all possible times. Additionally, it must solo Gardenia to evolve.

Now, here's the fun part - if someone else gives you a female Burmy, it must fight alongside it EVERY SINGLE DOUBLE BATTLE. No switching, no other Pokèmon, nothing. They have to fight together.

If someone doesn't give you a female Burmy, you get another restriction - Pretty may ONLY use physical moves. Good luck!

Celever

i am town
Ugly feels very self-aware. "How could a pokemon love a burmy such as I!?" she would say to herself continuously. Burmy aren't meant to be cute, they are hard-working, noble pokemon! That was what people would say to ugly, taking pity on the poor thing. As such, Ugly now believes this and hates all Burmy prettier than she (yes, this includes Pretty >:) ). Unfortunately, this is every Burmy and Ugly must switch in and attack every Burmy continuously that she sees! Ugly must work hard every other gym battle, taking out the highest-leveled of 3 of the 8 gym leaders, as well as 2 pokemon of Aaron, which it really does hate.
Now, it must evolve into trash wormadam, as they look trash. Trash wormadam must then be named trash, Trash looks trash, but aspires to look beautiful. It must win the beauty contest, the easiest one and the second one (idk what it is called, the good and the great beauty contests?). The cat is out of the bag though, she loves Pretty and they are engaged... however the years of bullying have left Trash in a state of mind, making her very... special. Now trash may only have special attacks that damage - 2 minimum, no physical and must always keep attract. As Pretty and trash are in love though.. well, they must both use attract on each-other every double battle they are in first go (sorry blob, you don't mind that little bit of me controlling Pretty do you?)!

Enjoy!

Ugly feels very self-aware. "How could a pokemon love a burmy such as I!?" she would say to herself continuously. Burmy aren't meant to be cute, they are hard-working, noble pokemon! That was what people would say to ugly, taking pity on the poor thing. As such, Ugly now believes this and hates all Burmy prettier than she (yes, this includes Pretty >:) ). Unfortunately, this is every Burmy and Ugly must switch in and attack every Burmy continuously that she sees! Ugly must work hard every other gym battle, taking out the highest-leveled of 4 of the 8 gym leaders, as well as 2 pokemon of Aaron, which it really does hate.
Now, it must evolve into trash wormadam, as they look trash. Trash wormadam must then be named trash, Trash looks trash, but aspires to look beautiful. It must win the beauty contest, the easiest one and the second one (idk what it is called, the good and the great beauty contests?). The cat is out of the bag though, she loves Pretty and they are engaged... however the years of bullying have left Trash in a state of mind, making her very... special. Now trash may only have special attacks that damage - 2 minimum, no physical and must always keep attract. As Pretty and trash are in love though.. well, they must both use attract on each-other every double battle they are in first go (sorry blob, you don't mind that little bit of me controlling Pretty do you?)!

Enjoy!
Jesus, that bit about Attract may the greatest things I've ever seen.

Hello again!! My friend is interested in starting a scramble, and she wanted me to get the mons for her so here I am!!

-- Playing Leafgreen
-- BRUTALLY HARD difficulty
-- Can't trade

Thanks in advance!!

Brutally hard, you say? Well, let's see what we can do!

Take Scratchy the Charmander. Scratchy, well, likes to Scratch. As such, his only attacking moves may be Normal-type moves! (that way you can use Rage :3). In order to evolve, Scratchy must solo Brock with his Normal moves, and in order to evolve again later on he must solo Giovanni at his gym (but this is optional). Solo Lorelei as well, but this IS NOT OPTIONAL. That gives her incentive to use Scratchy. :)

Incoleo, your friend gets CH'DING the Farfetch'd. Yes, this must be the Farfetch'd you get from the in-game trade.

You see, there was a reason why that girl wanted to get rid of her super rare Farfetch'd, even for a measly Spearow. This Farfetch'd has some minor jealousy problems. And by minor, I mean "jealousy problems that will fuck up your whole game". Ch'ding can never leave your party, lest some other Pokemon get more attention than it. Ch'ding resents it when you use items on your other Pokemon instead of it. In order to keep it cooperative, every time you use an item on another of your Pokemon, you must use 5 of that same item on Ch'ding (or at least throw them out). This includes any buyable TMs; if Ch'ding can learn the TM it must learn it (and 4 other TMs must be bought and thrown out to boot). If it cannot learn it, then just toss 5 of that TM. HMs do not work like that however, as Ch'ding sees them as a burden. Ch'ding refuses to carry any HM moves unless another member of your team has the same HM taught to it. If you use an item on a teammate that cannot be easily obtained (like rare candies or ethers), then you must throw out or use as many as you can on Ch'ding.

Ch'ding is also jealous of any spotlight that its teammates get. Any time one of your Pokemon solos a major battle, Ch'ding must solo the next major battle available (major battles include Giovanni battles, Rival battles, Gym leaders and Elite 4 members). If they don't solo the whole trainer but just a certain number of the major trainers team, then Ch'ding just needs to solo the same number of Pokemon from the next major trainer. These solos stack, so if you need to solo 2 major battles in a row for your other Pokemon, then you need to do two solos with Ch'ding. So yes, this does probably mean you'll end up soloing your rival as a champion with Ch'ding, assuming E4 solos get handed out like they usually do.

Good luck and manage your items carefully... you're going to be needing them.

Incoleo, take Mushy the Paras. Paras dislikes the weaknesses its typing brings, so it can only use non-stab attacking moves. But as it feels really natural, it cannot learn any tm's/hm's/move tutor attacks either. To evolve, have it solo Sabrina's Kadabra and Alakazam. If you want to be able to use one stab attack, Mushy has to appreciate its typing and learn it can withstand anything by solo'ing Blaine's Arcanine and Rapidash. To prove its worth, it wants to solo one of the elite four, namely the champion, your Rival at the Elite four, as he seems to be the biggest challenge Mushy will ever face in tis life.

Gl, You'll need it

Incoleo, take Muscles the Poliwag.

Muscles can't wait to be a Poliwrath. However, Muscles doesn't really understand how evolution works. As soon as it evolves into Poliwhirl, it believes it has become a Poliwrath! Further, it wants to prove that SubPunch is the ultimate strategy. Therefore, once it becomes a Poliwhirl, it may only attack with Focus Punch, and only when it's behind a Substitute (You may attack with DoubleSlap until you get the Focus Punch TM). It may use Water-type moves, but it has to put the opponent to sleep first if it wants to do so.

Muscles has muscles. Muscles can overcome type matchups. Muscles wants to prove itself as the ultimate Fighting-type by soloing Agatha of the Elite Four. And yes, all previous move restrictions apply. Good luck, seriously. If you manage to pull this off, I'd like to hear about it.

Incloneo, take Recharge the Electabuzz. Recharge needs to constantly recharge, and so cannot continually use electric attacks. If it uses thunder wave or Shock Wave, he must wait one turn before using an electric move again. For ThunderPunch, two turns. Thunderbolt, three turns and Thunder, four turns. However, if he holds a Magnet, tke one turn off the charging times. Additionally, he is prone to overcharging so whenever he is able to use an electric attack, he must use it. To get rid of his charging problems, Recharge should solo 20 Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Cubone and Marowak, and this must also include both of Giovanni's Rhyhorn in his Gym.

I hope this isn't too easy/hard, but Good Luck!

Incoleo, take pidove the pidgey.
Pidove believes that he is a pidove, a pidove with super luck, to be exact. Pidove doesn't understand the effect of super luck though, and thinks that you are supposed to crit every turn. As such, every time Pidove does not crit he gets distressed and goes back into his pokeball! (switch him out). Now, Pidove feels that he is such a pidove, he believes that he is in the unova region! As such, Pidove must lead and be out last (deal the final blow) on gyms 3 and 5, as well as leading every battle in mt. moon as it think it is viridan forest.

ENJOY! :D

P.S. These are all horribly evil challanges omg

Hello again!! My friend is interested in starting a scramble, and she wanted me to get the mons for her so here I am!!

-- Playing Leafgreen
-- BRUTALLY HARD difficulty
-- Can't trade

Thanks in advance!!
Brutally hard, you say? Well, let's see what we can do!

Take Scratchy the Charmander. Scratchy, well, likes to Scratch. As such, his only attacking moves may be Normal-type moves! (that way you can use Rage :3). In order to evolve, Scratchy must solo Brock with his Normal moves, and in order to evolve again later on he must solo Giovanni at his gym (but this is optional). Solo Lorelei as well, but this IS NOT OPTIONAL. That gives her incentive to use Scratchy. :)

Incoleo, your friend gets CH'DING the Farfetch'd. Yes, this must be the Farfetch'd you get from the in-game trade.

You see, there was a reason why that girl wanted to get rid of her super rare Farfetch'd, even for a measly Spearow. This Farfetch'd has some minor jealousy problems. And by minor, I mean "jealousy problems that will fuck up your whole game". Ch'ding can never leave your party, lest some other Pokemon get more attention than it. Ch'ding resents it when you use items on your other Pokemon instead of it. In order to keep it cooperative, every time you use an item on another of your Pokemon, you must use 5 of that same item on Ch'ding (or at least throw them out). This includes any buyable TMs; if Ch'ding can learn the TM it must learn it (and 4 other TMs must be bought and thrown out to boot). If it cannot learn it, then just toss 5 of that TM. HMs do not work like that however, as Ch'ding sees them as a burden. Ch'ding refuses to carry any HM moves unless another member of your team has the same HM taught to it. If you use an item on a teammate that cannot be easily obtained (like rare candies or ethers), then you must throw out or use as many as you can on Ch'ding.

Ch'ding is also jealous of any spotlight that its teammates get. Any time one of your Pokemon solos a major battle, Ch'ding must solo the next major battle available (major battles include Giovanni battles, Rival battles, Gym leaders and Elite 4 members). If they don't solo the whole trainer but just a certain number of the major trainers team, then Ch'ding just needs to solo the same number of Pokemon from the next major trainer. These solos stack, so if you need to solo 2 major battles in a row for your other Pokemon, then you need to do two solos with Ch'ding. So yes, this does probably mean you'll end up soloing your rival as a champion with Ch'ding, assuming E4 solos get handed out like they usually do.

Good luck and manage your items carefully... you're going to be needing them.

I'm gonna forget about the Platinum Scramble. It's causing too much trouble and so I think i'll finish Emerald before I do another Scramble

Incoleo, take Mushy the Paras. Paras dislikes the weaknesses its typing brings, so it can only use non-stab attacking moves. But as it feels really natural, it cannot learn any tm's/hm's/move tutor attacks either. To evolve, have it solo Sabrina's Kadabra and Alakazam. If you want to be able to use one stab attack, Mushy has to appreciate its typing and learn it can withstand anything by solo'ing Blaine's Arcanine and Rapidash. To prove its worth, it wants to solo one of the elite four, namely the champion, your Rival at the Elite four, as he seems to be the biggest challenge Mushy will ever face in tis life.

Gl, You'll need it

Incoleo, take Muscles the Poliwag.

Muscles can't wait to be a Poliwrath. However, Muscles doesn't really understand how evolution works. As soon as it evolves into Poliwhirl, it believes it has become a Poliwrath! Further, it wants to prove that SubPunch is the ultimate strategy. Therefore, once it becomes a Poliwhirl, it may only attack with Focus Punch, and only when it's behind a Substitute (You may attack with DoubleSlap until you get the Focus Punch TM). It may use Water-type moves, but it has to put the opponent to sleep first if it wants to do so.

Muscles has muscles. Muscles can overcome type matchups. Muscles wants to prove itself as the ultimate Fighting-type by soloing Agatha of the Elite Four. And yes, all previous move restrictions apply. Good luck, seriously. If you manage to pull this off, I'd like to hear about it.

Reserving a Pokemon for incoleo. I absolutely LOVE giving super-hard challanges.

Will be ready very soon. It'll be a Poliwag
Aw great. I had a great Poliwag Challange planned: Oh well; Reserving something for incloneo

EDIT: Incloneo, take Recharge the Electabuzz. Recharge needs to constantly recharge, and so cannot continually use electric attacks. If it uses thunder wave or Shock Wave, he must wait one turn before using an electric move again. For ThunderPunch, two turns. Thunderbolt, three turns and Thunder, four turns. However, if he holds a Magnet, tke one turn off the charging times. Additionally, he is prone to overcharging so whenever he is able to use an electric attack, he must use it. To get rid of his charging problems, Recharge should solo 20 Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Cubone and Marowak, and this must also include both of Giovanni's Rhyhorn in his Gym.

I hope this isn't too easy/hard, but Good Luck!

Here we go 7th update! In this episode, I decide that I was right to hate RNG. Also, OP

And I'm well-aware that I could have used an HM slave, but because it wasn't necessary I didn't feel like doing it.

So journeying along Route 120, Random decided that he hated Rain and in two of the battles he participated in, turned it into Hail using Metronome. I guess he really hates rain? I know I do. Sand all the way!

It was in a Double Battle, that I learnt neither; STRONG, Random or Gorgeous could damage Sableye. But I decided against switching out and tried to kill it with Metronome. Did you know Future Sight works on Dark types? Because I didn't until that match.

We soon arrived in Lilycove city, where I ignored May, because I didn't need to go shopping, and instead picked up the TM for Rest. I then taught it to RNG, finally fulfilling his no overlapping type restrictions. It only took 3/4 of the game.

So I head over to Mt. Pyre and clear out Team Aqua, I forgot that this is the part of the game where they make you do like a million things concerning these two teams.

On the route just south of Mt. Pyre, I met a Pokemon Collector, who told me that when no one was around, he made his Pokemon fight and he would watch. Maybe N was onto something after all?

Anyway, I picked up that Magma Symbol and went off to Mt. Chimney, were I ploughed trough everybody, hell, I was even like ten levels higher than Tabitha. Also, in the Tabitha fight, many Metronome funnies happened. Like, Sacred Fire, and using Swagger, only to be hit by Swagger on the same turn. (I guess they've got 'moves like swagger'... I'm sorry.)

So I walked up to Maxie and thought to myself. You know, if I just walked away, Maxie would never unleash Groudon and the world would be a happy place. But then I reminded myself, video games don't abide by our rules, and especially not RPGs. So I talked to maxie so he would unleash hell upon the world, but then he stuffed up because he got the blue orb instead of the red orb. Seriously, how do you stuff up that badly? It was so obvious you got the wrong one.

Anyway, after beating Maxie using STRONG, (his Mighteyena used Swagger on her, but she has Own Tempo, so she just wrecked him). I walked back to Lilycove, where Booster solo'd May because we were totally over leveled. I then spoke to some Aqua Grunts, who told me they were stealing a submarine... more backtracking! I swear, if Slateport didn't have one of my favourite songs in the Pokemon franchise, I probably would have snapped.

So basically, I went from Lilycove, to Slateport, watched them steal a submarine, and then I went back to Lilycove to try and stop them. Honestly, why couldn't I have just ambushed them? They wouldn't have gotten away that way.

So anyway, because plot, I infiltrated the Aqua Hideout and came face-to-face with one of my greatest enemies. Warp Panels. Except, this was a lot easier than I remember. Maybe 9-year old me was an idiot? Probably, I mean, he didn't even get the Master Ball because he didn't know about it, and he really regretted it when his friends told him about it and he went to get it himself but the cave was sealed. That, Game Freak, is called a 'dick move'.

After getting to the end of their hideout, I met Aqua Admin Matt. Random destroyed his Mighteyena, and got Perish Song off of Metronome on his Golbat, so I just won that way, for the lols.

After being told to search the ocean, I thought, 'no, I'm getting me a gym badge'. And indeed I did. Solo'd Tate and Liza with RNG, kind of. I mean it's like a double battle, so he couldn't really solo them. I don't care I'm counting it as a solo, and you can't stop me. It's not like my other guys attacked anyway. I just used their turns to heal RNG and have them use moves like Howl. So are we cool? Anyway, it was a really hard match nonetheless. They just kept fucking spamming Calm Mind, and when your only attacking option is Surf... yeah.

Incidently, I looked up Tate & Liza's sets after the battle. They had stuff like Sunny Day and Solarbeam. Why didn't they use them? Anyway, RNG was already at level 42 at the start of that match, and he didn't level up off of it, so he hasn't evolved... yet. I am so excited! Can't wait to have a Swampert.

RNG/Marshtomp (M) @Mystic Water
Lv. 42
Nature: Quiet
Rest
Protect
Mud Sport
Surf

I hate him so much. He better get better after evolving. Coz I am so worried about Phoebe and Drake. Btw, those where the E4 members I decided to go with. Coz, Sidney and Glacea (is that even her name) were taken, and no way is he going against Wallace. Not with that movepool restriction.

Gorgeous/Gardevoir (M) @Amulet Coin
Lv. 39
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Calm Mind

This will probably be his final moveset, so get used to it. Hmmm, he didn't do anything particularly memorable in this part. Thunderbolt is there so he can hit dark types, and Light Screen gives him a buffer to set up on them. Still, I'd probably just be better off switching out.

Boombox/Loudred (F) @ Silk Scarf
Lv. 38
Screech
Uproar
Supersonic
Howl

Just like RNG, Boombox now has four usable moves. I am looking forward to evolving him soon. He probably could already have been if somebody didn't have to solo a gym.

Random/Hariyama (F) @Cleanse Tag
Lv. 38
Metronome
Vital Throw
Smellingsalt
Arm Thrust

What can I say that hasn't already been said in my tl;dr post? I dunno? Cleanse Tag is there because I was out of Repels, and I guess I just forgot to take it off her.

Booster/Torkoal (M) @Quick Claw
Lv. 39
Flamethrower
Body Slam
Iron Defense
Protect

Still my favourite. Not really much else to say. The May solo, was less impressive than it sounded cause we were way over leveled, and know that I think about it, wasn't that the last May battle in the game? I hope so, she's such an uninteresting Rival. Hugh's definitely the best, Barry can be second. Also, isn't this section reserved for me to talk about my Pokemon, and not go off on tangents?

STRONG/Spinda (F) @Lax Incense
Lv. 39
Nature: Mild
Rock Smash
Psybeam
Teeter Dance
Strength

Well, it's been a long time coming, but Spinda is definitely starting to fall behind the rest of the team. It's a shame really, she was suppsed to be a Zangoose, that would have been cool, but here I am, stuck with this novelty.

In the next part, I'm going to do something that I never done in this challenge yet. I'm not going to solo a gym leader, because all the gym leader solo requirements are done!

Celever

i am town
Incoleo, take pidove the pidgey.
Pidove believes that he is a pidove, a pidove with super luck, to be exact. Pidove doesn't understand the effect of super luck though, and thinks that you are supposed to crit every turn. As such, every time Pidove does not crit he gets distressed and goes back into his pokeball! (switch him out). Now, Pidove feels that he is such a pidove, he believes that he is in the unova region! As such, Pidove must lead and be out last (deal the final blow) on gyms 3 and 5, as well as leading every battle in mt. moon as it think it is viridan forest.

ENJOY! :D
I bet you will find it very annoying though

hehe Recec, no problem, you can count that as a solo. You seem to be going through enough pain with RNG as it is anyway. :naughty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)