Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

Metal Sonic I don't like that you ignored my question.
@spiffy: i don't know.

I really wish I could give you a better answer, but I honestly have no clue.

Let's go with "I wasn't sure if I was actually noticing something or just imagining things"

yea that sounds ok
Jesus Christ wtf is this? Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds this completely unacceptable. You've been extremely unhelpful this entire day, and after reading over your posts, the ENTIRETY of your posts on Day 1 were just "filler", and just staying in the middle trying not to be noticed.
Having read what I missed while asleep, I still support a ShiningLatios lynch. The Metal Sonic wagon seems more than a little sketchy, though I will grant the following two things:

-Metal Sonic HAS been acting suspicious
-If SL is village, then a Metal Sonic lynch would be better, as it would offer us more info

The thing is, I don't think SL is village. So yeah.
In this post you say you think SL is mafia, but you don't really commit to this by also acknowledging that Metal Sonic could be mafia too. You provided an escape route to use when SL flipped village. "Oh I thought Metal Sonic was suspicious too so I was not the ring leader."
Also you suggest lynching Metal Sonic would be a good idea if SL turned up village without even stating your reasons why. Just because one side of a huge argument turns up village doesn't mean the other is mafia by default (see Galladiator and UncleSam).

Some other posts that show how noncommittal you are:
Walrein said:
Conclusion: aska's posts have been conspicuously lacking from the game, but the fact that his posts do have substance and do promote discussion lead me to believe this is simply inactivity instead of scumlurking(tm). He doesn't quite have enough posts to get a strong read on him, but I'm leaning town for now.
"Askaninjask could be town but he posts so little, but he is probably town."
Walrein said:
regarding CypherXEmpoof OTP: It's quite possible that Cypher could be buddying, as iirc this is his first, maybe second NOC game. I don't remember Empoof mentioning Cypher, but I need to read back

regarding Empoof by himself: He doesn't really post unless called out, but he's always like that. His logic is solid in most of his posts, though the amount of troll posts could stand to go down.
Every one of Walrein's reads follows a format. He posts an opinion, then contradicts the opinion so people can't call him out on it later in the game by saying things like "but I need to read back" or "but the trolling is a problem".

I don't know if this is Walrein's posting style, but whenever he posts reads of someone he uses words like "but" and "though". He doesn't want to commit to one thing or the other so he throws in something he can fallback on if he is called out on them in the future. I don't see how askaninjask and zorbees are satisfied with Walrein's reads but not my votes, which provide much more insight into my thoughts and don't have a "he could be mafia but he couldn't" in every single one of them. Seriously, go look back and check! The only times Walrein isn't noncommital with his posting is when he has "backup". His bandwagoning of Shining Latios and his responses to Shining Latios on Day 1 were confident because everyone else was doing it too! Walrein just goes with the flow, he never has a differing opinion from the majority. Why askaninjask and zorbees use this against me and not Walrein, I have no idea. The votes I have cast have always been commital and backed up with evidence, where the only votes Walrein has cast were against the people who were bandwagoned at the time.

@askaninjask: Walrein doesn't "pick fights" or "aggravate" anyone, and he's an experienced NOCer. So why am I mafia for not acting this way but you fail to mention him at all?

He's also just allowing zorbees and askaninjask pressure me when he claims to share the same opinion as them. Walrein it's not like you're doing anything else when you post, so why don't you try to respond to my posts too?

All of this combined with his extremely shitty latter-half-of-Day-1 and Day 2 (which he admits was crappy but doesn't even attempt to justify it...) makes me think that Walrein is a better target than zorbees.

Unvote zorbees
Vote Walrein

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Splendid post from spiffy under pressure, the only thing I worry about is that he deliberately picked Walrein to target because some of the newer players might also be willing to lynch him. Still, I looked over his posts, and what Spiffy says pretty much rings true.

Another thing I don't like about Walrein is how he defended himself about the accidental hammer, despite no one saying anything about it. Seems overly paranoid of him.

I am having a lot of trouble reading him though, because a lot of this I find to be typical of Walrein. I will go along with Spiffy, as odd as that sounds, and unvote Spiffy, Lynch Walrein. I would like to see continued posts like that though, Spiffy. And other targets like ShinySkarmory aren't off the hook yet either, I can only vote once.

Votecount 2.6

Lynch:
Shining Latios: (3) shinyskarmory More Cowbell LightWolf
Spiffy: (3) askaninjask Walrein Metal Sonic zorbees
Walrein: (2) Spiffy zorbees
zorbees: (1) Spiffy TPM
shinyskarmory: (1) zorbees Shining Latios
Eagle4: (1) Jalmont
Not Voting: (2) Eagle4, Empoof

Sentry:
Walrein: (3) Eagle4 askaninjask Walrein
LightWolf: (2) Spiffy TPM
Jalmont: (1) Jalmont
shinyskarmory: (1) shinyskarmory
More Cowbell: (1) More Cowbell
zorbees: (1) Shining Latios
Not Voting: (4) LightWolf, zorbees, Empoof, Metal Sonic

With 13 alives it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 66 hours, 2:00 PM GMT.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
is there any way to correctly answer that question shinyskarmory?

btw while i'm at it, Sentry Jalmont, I think he's pretty town and also pretty good at NOC

Yeah shinyskarmory, I don't really know how to answer that. If I was mafia I would know everyone's alignment so I guess I wouldn't be as persuaded by people as I have been during this game?_?

I really would love for LightWolf and Empoof to post more, because I found myself liking their posting Day 1 but they haven't really done much today yet. Especially Empoof since he promised he would vote last night but didn't. To be honest I'd like EVERYONE to post a lot more since it's pretty much been the askaninjask-zorbees-Spiffy show the whole day so far.

I'd like to post more, but the thing is that I have trouble coming up with things to discuss here. I mean, I can see what is going on in the thread, of course, but I have trouble adding anything to the discussions, as others already answered or I just don't know what to add. I am willing to answer questions, if that is the only means of getting anything out of me.

askaninjask was rather inactive on day 1, but so far what he has said during day 2 appears to make a lot of sense. Leaning village on him.

zorbees was my day 1 vote, as he changed his vote around a lot with little to no explanation, while being generally pretty inactive. I still think he might be scum, as someone or something appears to have prodded him into activity; it looks a lot like he has adopted a very different playstyle on day 2. Either that, or he was just busy on day 1. I still suspect him, though.

Spiffy was (and still is) getting some heat for his day 1 votes, which admittedly were rather lackluster, though they did spark some discussion. He made a good post on this page, though, with the focus on Walrein...

...Speaking of which! Walrein was more or less neutral in my book, but looking back at his posts, this seems to have been his whole intention; staying out of the way of any confrontation. The post-by-post 'analysis'-things are helpful, but like others have said before, they aren't really analysises (??), but things that anybody could sum up for themselves. Very interesting post about that, Spiffy, so thanks for the heads-up.

Out of the four you stated, SL, zorbees used to be my main target, but Walrein has taken that place now.

I'd like to post more, but the thing is that I have trouble coming up with things to discuss here. I mean, I can see what is going on in the thread, of course, but I have trouble adding anything to the discussions, as others already answered or I just don't know what to add. I am willing to answer questions, if that is the only means of getting anything out of me.
This

askaninjask was rather inactive on day 1, but so far what he has said during day 2 appears to make a lot of sense. Leaning village on him.

zorbees was my day 1 vote, as he changed his vote around a lot with little to no explanation, while being generally pretty inactive. I still think he might be scum, as someone or something appears to have prodded him into activity; it looks a lot like he has adopted a very different playstyle on day 2. Either that, or he was just busy on day 1. I still suspect him, though.

Spiffy was (and still is) getting some heat for his day 1 votes, which admittedly were rather lackluster, though they did spark some discussion. He made a good post on this page, though, with the focus on Walrein...

...Speaking of which! Walrein was more or less neutral in my book, but looking back at his posts, this seems to have been his whole intention; staying out of the way of any confrontation. The post-by-post 'analysis'-things are helpful, but like others have said before, they aren't really analysises (??), but things that anybody could sum up for themselves. Very interesting post about that, Spiffy, so thanks for the heads-up.

Out of the four you stated, SL, zorbees used to be my main target, but Walrein has taken that place now.
Interesting, thank you. I think I'll go ahead and agree with you on that zorbees seems to have embraced a different playstyle from day 1, although I believe this is a good thing as it is fueling discussion. Walrein's analysis are basically trying to show what a specific user has posted and then make a conclusion on whether they are good or not. I like these as they not only save time on reading back on posts, but they also give you information on what one player summarizes about the other.

is there any way to correctly answer that question shinyskarmory?

btw while i'm at it, Sentry Jalmont, I think he's pretty town and also pretty good at NOC
Yeah shinyskarmory, I don't really know how to answer that. If I was mafia I would know everyone's alignment so I guess I wouldn't be as persuaded by people as I have been during this game?_?
Well, what I really mean is:

IF YOU WERE MAFIA (regardless of whether you are or not), would you consider it a better strategy to post frequently or lay low at this point in the game?

Interesting, thank you. I think I'll go ahead and agree with you on that zorbees seems to have embraced a different playstyle from day 1, although I believe this is a good thing as it is fueling discussion. Walrein's analysis are basically trying to show what a specific user has posted and then make a conclusion on whether they are good or not. I like these as they not only save time on reading back on posts, but they also give you information on what one player summarizes about the other.
Walrein making it constructing convenient summaries for you is NOT Walrein making regular and informative contributions. shinyskarmory is also guilty of doing this. shinyskarmory what are your thoughts on Walrein's Day 1?

My opinions on Walrein's day 1 haven't changed that drastically since the post I made analyzing him back on page 5/6. He has contradicted himself and gone back on himself a few times in the thread, which has put him on my watch list, but I'm not confident in a lynch on him at this time.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I knew I was gonna catch hell for that post.

I just got home and am going to dinner in like 5 minutes, but I wanted to pop in and say that this is how I always am. Those who know me should know that I'm not a very confrontational person in real life or in mafia, and I always consider the alternatives. If I'm posting my opinion on someone who I think is scum, I'm going to include the town-like things in my post as well. This is for a number of reasons; not only does it prevent my scum read from accusing me of tunneling them, but it allows others to see that someone's scummy plays outweigh their pro-town ones.

Clearly you guys think that my style of post-summarization followed by brief analysis isn't helpful, so as soon as I get the chance I'll post some big-ass analyses, starting with Spiffy and zorbees, the two most active users at the moment.

Also, short posts aren't always filler. If I just wanna point something out that I've noticed, I'm not going to pussyfoot around it for 2 paragraphs. I prefer brevity, because it's easier to type and easier to read.

First off,
Unsentry Walrein
Sentry Spiffy

Yes, in one of my previous posts I mentioned that Walrein was a "basically confirmed townie" or something like that. Well, I guess Spiffy's post and a couple of others have convinced me otherwise. It's definitely not as clear cut for me as it is for Spiffy saying that Walrein is mafia, but he's definitely not as clean as I thought he was. Spiffy, on the other hand, has made good, solid posts (when pressured, might I add) with heavy details of reasoning. I was unsure on the whole "let's vote spiffy" charade, since I never suspected him as mafia, and I still don't. I thought one of the reasons for voting spiffy was pretty terrible; askaninjask's post saying that Spiffy was mafia because his posts are agressive is dumb; I would say that's the attribute of a determined town.

Now, onto my main focus.

If you will zorbees. I have already explained my activity issues, I'm not active when the majority of the players are, while I'm online there is generally no one else there. If you wanted to see similar activity from me I'd end up just like Metal Sonic, with penta posts all over the place. And when I'm online when majority start posting I'm generally busy with PFS stuff or too sleepy to think about this.

Also I'm fairly lazy, like today when I first opened the thread and till I started writing this only 3 freaking posts happened, I felt like I had all the time of the world to reply. And honestly I did so I played around, did other stuff(read: ate).
This post... this post is bugging me quite a lot, actually. I just don't like the reasoning at all. Not active when the majority of users are? Well, Day 1 suggests otherwise, where his posts were very much close to others time-wise. I've also seen him once or twice in the "Currently active users viewing this thread" box.

As for you SL. I may have exaggerated. The only other post that has hypocrisy is your More Cowbell one, where among others you mention "Sure, he's posting, but he's not putting opinions down. He's pressing other people and commenting on their general play but not making cases." This p much worked for most of what you did before that. I was wrong on the scale of your hypocrisy but I already said I'm not looking at the patterns, just single off things, and the first case of hypocrisy doesn't change.
The text contained within this post doesn't have that much significance (at least I don't think so), but it's how LightWolf ignored SL's question on what his top 3 scumreads were which I'm questioning. It's not as if he missed SL's post altogether, seeing as he answered it, but only the part where he didn't have to give the scumreads. This has happened today as well, where Spiffy asked LightWolf who he thought was more scummy. Again, no reply (although I don't know how much of this is because of inactivity). What I'm getting at here is that LightWolf is seemingly avoiding who he thinks is scum. Regardless of all of this:

Vote shinyskarmory

From not answering questions to asking a question and little else, shinyskarmory has posted a question, and hasn't really posted anything of any substance. I, and I'm sure others here, want to see shinyskarmory actually post his proper thoughts. However, I completely disagree with Shining Latios' reasoning behind voting for shinyskarmory. Yes, everybody should be afraid of being lynched. Of course, prioritising finding scum over being lynched is important, but nobody would believe you if you do find scum because you're the one being accused of mafia. To be honest, shininglatios' posts haven't been great either, and he's asked a lot of questions.

So this question goes to LightWolf, shinyskarmory and Shining Latios:

What do you think of Metal Sonic, askaninjask, and Lightwolf/shinyskarmory/Shining Latios?

First off,
Unsentry Walrein
Sentry Spiffy

Yes, in one of my previous posts I mentioned that Walrein was a "basically confirmed townie" or something like that. Well, I guess Spiffy's post and a couple of others have convinced me otherwise. It's definitely not as clear cut for me as it is for Spiffy saying that Walrein is mafia, but he's definitely not as clean as I thought he was. Spiffy, on the other hand, has made good, solid posts (when pressured, might I add) with heavy details of reasoning. I was unsure on the whole "let's vote spiffy" charade, since I never suspected him as mafia, and I still don't. I thought one of the reasons for voting spiffy was pretty terrible; askaninjask's post saying that Spiffy was mafia because his posts are agressive is dumb; I would say that's the attribute of a determined town.

Now, onto my main focus.

This post... this post is bugging me quite a lot, actually. I just don't like the reasoning at all. Not active when the majority of users are? Well, Day 1 suggests otherwise, where his posts were very much close to others time-wise. I've also seen him once or twice in the "Currently active users viewing this thread" box.

The text contained within this post doesn't have that much significance (at least I don't think so), but it's how LightWolf ignored SL's question on what his top 3 scumreads were which I'm questioning. It's not as if he missed SL's post altogether, seeing as he answered it, but only the part where he didn't have to give the scumreads. This has happened today as well, where Spiffy asked LightWolf who he thought was more scummy. Again, no reply (although I don't know how much of this is because of inactivity). What I'm getting at here is that LightWolf is seemingly avoiding who he thinks is scum. Regardless of all of this:

Vote shinyskarmory

From not answering questions to asking a question and little else, shinyskarmory has posted a question, and hasn't really posted anything of any substance. I, and I'm sure others here, want to see shinyskarmory actually post his proper thoughts. However, I completely disagree with Shining Latios' reasoning behind voting for shinyskarmory. Yes, everybody should be afraid of being lynched. Of course, prioritising finding scum over being lynched is important, but nobody would believe you if you do find scum because you're the one being accused of mafia. To be honest, shininglatios' posts haven't been great either, and he's asked a lot of questions.

So this question goes to LightWolf, shinyskarmory and Shining Latios:

What do you think of Metal Sonic, askaninjask, and Lightwolf/shinyskarmory/Shining Latios?
Let me get this straight: you spend your first paragraph talking about how you think spiffy is town, your second paragraph about how you don't like Lightwolf, and you finish your post by lynching me and then talking about how you don't like Shining Latios.

???

And, of course, you tell me that asking questions is bad, then you finish by asking all three of us a question?

I don't mean to be this rude, but are you intentionally talking out of your ass or is it like 3 AM where you are.

Nevertheless, I'll answer your question.

shinyskarmory-Being a member of the "sane" faction in this game, I know that I am a member of the uninformed majority (also known as the Village or Town). Unfortunately, I cannot provide proof, and I think we both know why.

LightWolf-I feel that Lightwolf has been extremely conservative over the course of the thread (other then getting on me for No Lynch-gate on Day 1), and that makes him a little suspicious, but it also doesn't make him a great lynch target.

Shining Latios-Either he's an ignorant twat or he's mafia-either way, I think the town would not be hurt by losing him.

askaninjask-I was unhappy with his lack of activity on day 1 but he's been much more active today so I guess I don't have much to complain about. On the topic of his actual posts, I'm actually getting a town read on him right now.

Metal Sonic-He's been screwed by a bad timezone but that doesn't mean we should let him off entirely. His posts are only marginally better then Shining Latios' (but they are better), so I think that we should keep the pressure on him.

Either way...

Unlynch
Lynch Eagle4

What makes you think that you're allowed to question everyone else, but nobody else is allowed to ask questions? You talk for your entire post about other people and then decide to lynch me, before proceeding to talk about even more other people. Why you would do this, I can only guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)