Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

It's just that if everyone thinks they can vote no lynch and not have to post anything substantial then the village will get absolutely nowhere. I admit I didn't read carefully enough and didn't notice when you said you'd change your vote later, but you could have just unvoted, you didn't have to no lynch.

I'm tired of debating about no lynch now it is getting pretty distracting from the village's real purpose.

I'm kind of disappointed in Da Letter El not really contributing much after promising to make the most of this day. IIRC he hasn't voted in awhile, and since he is primarily one of the better NOC players, I'd really like for him to present some of his opinions on who should ultimately be voted out today.

Dale what do you think of askaninjask, Infinity.Cypher, and Walrein?

Unvote
Vote Jalmont

Jalmont isn't an idiot. He has the potential to actually help the village I really don't know why he is adamant at avoiding to post reads and just avoiding to post in the thread in general.

Jalmont what do you think of askaninjask, Infinity.Cypher, and Walrein?
spiffy i enjoy how you were doing something i said we shouldn't bother with but anywaaaaaays

i am actually quite unsure why you called out dle at such an early point in the game, just because "he is one of the better noc players" doesn't mean he isn't human. he's also called a couple users out so saying he isn't presenting opinions isn't true (dle + jalmont scumbuds all day every day)

Posting reads at such an early time in the game is really ehhhhhhh for me. on one hand, you've got to get started sooner over later, but by posting lists and post analysis i feel as if it gives the mafia an easy out on contributing ("idk how i feel about this guy lololol") i find it much better to do things in paragraph form, talking about one or two people. Much more real if you ask me.

at the risk of OMGUS, i will say i didn't like your post at all, came off as very scummish to me, but i will refrain from doing anything about those suspicions and see how it plays out

also pc++ is dumb, it clogs up the thread making it hard to read. if i have something to say, i'll say it, if not, i won't. generally though i do like to post as much as possible, but depending on how the game progresses my postcount will be going up a lot

re: what do i think about x, y, and z
askaninjask - cool dude, we were mafia buds in my second mafia game ever. everything was going really well until he died. yeah. we lost. true story

cypher - cypher is a very mysterious fellow, he has the aura of mysteriousness if you get me. anyways, i think he is a swell mafia player, and maybe one day we will be teammates, and then i won't have to have him lynched :[

walrein - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4084201&postcount=26

I simply asked Da Letter El to give reads because he hasn't done much of that yet. It's pretty much the same as any other user I've called out, including you. The only difference is that Dale actually said he "wanted to make the most out of the only day he's certain to be alive", so I expect more out of him.

he's also called a couple users out so saying he isn't presenting opinions isn't true (dle + jalmont scumbuds all day every day)
Unvote

vote metal sonic

Hey buddy

While I appreciate that you agree that walrein is a member of the icp, I must say that I find you to be quite a suspicious fellow! What say you to this?
Da Letter El has cast a grand total of ONE (serious, RVS doesn't count) vote, which is not calling out a "couple users", unless you mean his asking of question which I agree he has been doing; I just want reads from him is all. And like you pointed out, I don't know why you're buddying Dale so hard!

I also really don't know why you didn't at least try to read someone (other than myself after calling you out). Going through the effort of constructing a smartass answer is just as time consuming as going through someone's posts and trying to form an opinion on them. My vote will remain on you because of your scum-reeking post!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Da Letter El's posting was fantastic earlier in the game, but his usefulness and activity has dipped drastically.

I WILL say, however, that I know for a fact that El had 9 hours of classes yesterday, and idk how much he has today, so he could just be busy (as I've been with school and sleep lately).

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
Obligated I'm here and still existing post. Since Jalmont has spoken, Unvote Jalmont. I'll post my thoughts later when I examine the thread more in detail.

Also, may be out Saturday, 2/16/13, and Sunday, 2/17/13, but I'll try to post during those days as well

I simply asked Da Letter El to give reads because he hasn't done much of that yet. It's pretty much the same as any other user I've called out, including you. The only difference is that Dale actually said he "wanted to make the most out of the only day he's certain to be alive", so I expect more out of him.

Da Letter El has cast a grand total of ONE (serious, RVS doesn't count) vote, which is not calling out a "couple users", unless you mean his asking of question which I agree he has been doing; I just want reads from him is all. And like you pointed out, I don't know why you're buddying Dale so hard!

I also really don't know why you didn't at least try to read someone (other than myself after calling you out). Going through the effort of constructing a smartass answer is just as time consuming as going through someone's posts and trying to form an opinion on them. My vote will remain on you because of your scum-reeking post!
mad

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Spiffy is getting a little offensive with his finger pointing but its too early to judge yet, so I'l let that slide.

Remember guys, Not posting =/= scum, Not posting usually = Timezone/IRL problems

Bad posting = scum

Votecount 1.7 - Like a Tidal Wave

Lynch:
Metal Sonic: (3) zorbees Da Letter El Empoof TPM
Jalmont: (2) Infinity.Cypher askaninjask Spiffy
Shining Latios: (2) Empoof Eagle4 zorbees Walrein
zorbees: (2) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
shinyskarmory: (2) LightWolf zorbees Spiffy Shining Latios
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Infinity.Cypher: (1) zorbees Eagle4
TPM: (0) zorbees
No Lynch: (0) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Walrein: (0) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
LightWolf: (0) zorbees Spiffy Empoof
TPM: (0) Spiffy
Empoof: (0) zorbees
Eagle4: (0) zorbees
Spiffy: (0) Walrein
Not Voting: (2) Metal Sonic, Infinity.Cypher

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 54 - 6 = 48 hours, 10:00 AM GMT (5:00 AM EST).

~*~

askaninjask has been prodded.

(LightWolf, Eagle4 and Infinity.Cypher's possible absence has been noted.)

Yo I'm drunk so i'm not gonna go in great detail, but i said i'd post later tonight (which is now) so I'll do some short stuff. But I'll post tomorrow with more content.

Metal Sonic, I initially targetted you for bandwagonning walrein while doing the exact thing he was being pressured for: scattering the sentry vote. Your (earlier) tone was just an added reason, but not the full reasoning. If that makes sense. I haven't been tunneling you, i've been talking about other people while making sure that you weren't left uncheck from my suspicion. I don't see my reasoning for pressuring you as "bad" as you've said, it seems legitimate to me.

You say you have a strong scum read on zorbees, as a few others have stated. Could you elaborate on it more? I know you might be reiterating what some people have said, but that's fine. I'd just like your take on it.

K passing out night.

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
Metal Sonic, wouldn't triple posting be considered bad posting then?

Unvote
Lynch Metal Sonic
I am persuaded. Lynch Metal Sonic - bad posting with consecutive posting without any discussion regarding scum and reads on people (even though you were answering a question, you could have think very deep about it and post 1 post on it)

What's the possibility of mafia going through the sentry and killing dle? Especially since dle is supposed to be a great NOC player? Though, with his declining activity, it doesn't seem like so imo. Also, question to all, who's the most likely to die this night? Concerned about this since possibility of losing 2 Sane members, especially if those 2 sane members are valuable for discussion

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
poor posting =/= bad posting

poor posting is like me triple posting et cetera

bad posting is a scum post like "XXX why are you voting me you are supposed to be helping me!.... oops!"

Okay, I'm in Belgium now so yay I can post again. Regarding Metal Sonic, I'll treat him under suspiscion for the way he is posting, and what actually is in his posts. I think what he considers as "good posting" is posting regularly, when all his posts are pretty terrible to be brutally honest. I'm not gonna change my vote and vote for him just yet, I want to see at least one detailed response (no double posts) from him to all the attempts of lynching him, and then I can make my judgement of whether he's mafia or not. If he doesn't post, then yeah, I'll vote to lynch him.

EDIT: So yeah, scrap that, he'll have to make a detailed post which will have to persuade me to unvote him.

Out of the people who could be killed tonight, I think it's pretty obvious it's gonna be an experienced player. So it could be DLE, it could be Walrein but I don't really know since I'm pretty inexperienced and I don't really know who is an experienced player :/ Having said all that, it could be Empoof since he's almost certainly village, and he's posted frequently and well in these forums.

EDIT: Also, Metal Sonic hasn't voted yet, and Infinity.Cypher has only just voted....

unvote
Vote Metal Sonic

Please vote, Metal Sonic.

I also have trouble understanding Metal Sonic's train of thought most of the time. Honestly, quintuple-posting, for me, does equate to bad posting; why not just put it all into one post? Also, Metal Sonic, who do you plan on voting for?

Having seen the original post, I can say that the post wasn't drastically changed. Only a warning, but remember that you may not edit posts.

~*~

Votecount 1.8 - I Need a Theme for These

Lynch:
Metal Sonic: (6) zorbees Da Letter El Empoof TPM Shining Latios Infinity.Cypher Eagle4 L-2
Jalmont: (2) Infinity.Cypher askaninjask Spiffy
Shining Latios: (2) Empoof Eagle4 zorbees Walrein
zorbees: (2) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
shinyskarmory: (1) LightWolf zorbees Spiffy Shining Latios
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Infinity.Cypher: (0) zorbees Eagle4
TPM: (0) zorbees
No Lynch: (0) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Walrein: (0) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
LightWolf: (0) zorbees Spiffy Empoof
TPM: (0) Spiffy
Empoof: (0) zorbees
Eagle4: (0) zorbees
Spiffy: (0) Walrein
Not Voting: (1) Metal Sonic

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 42 hours, 10:00 AM GMT (5:00 AM EST).

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I'm back(honestly have been for a few hours, but was busy sorting out PFS stuff). My laptop needed maintenance and I wanted it be done as quick as possible, so while I traveled to my grandparent's where I could get it done I had no internet access outside of my phone(it's still a press 1 3-times to type a "C" kind of phone, so yeah no way to write my usual style of posts).

Speaking of my times, I'm from Europe, so really don't expect me to be always online when the main wave of posts come in, and as I already have done I will be pointing out which my last post for the day is(considering that I have indeed done that I'm surprised someone still mentioned I'm inactive at x time)

Now then, back to what matters.

Shining Latios, not amusing man, not amusing. You completely ignore my post, and even when asked to talk about me, you just say I'm suspicious(that is understandable, but the fact I have a post gunning for you should have warranted a mention at least). I wonder if it's because I haven't voted you (wanted to keep it on shinyskarmory because honestly going from not voting at all to no lynch seems off, I'd understand if he had to unvote first, but that was his very first vote). Either way if that's what's needed here Unvote | Vote Shining Latios. If on the other hand you actually didn't reply because you were waiting for me to get back first, sure go ahead I'm here now.

NOW HERE IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT:

People surely recall my "no lynch ending post" from a while back. Well forget it, forget the whole fucking thing.

I had some time, since I couldn't post, but I could at least read the posts and think things through. Well I decided to do my favorite activity, CALCULATING. Assuming we are indeed running the "[15] 12 v 3" setup from the signup post (feel free to correct me host, thanks), we NEED to lynch every turn. I honestly didn't think about the long term effects of a No Lynch, but thank god I had the time to do pointless calculations. Namely if we lynch EVERY DAY, we manage to skip MYLO (fuck MYLO, you pointless piece of shit that scares people into not voting). Honestly at that point in game we really don't need a lynchless day, we will have suspects, it's honestly a waste of time, we have gathered enough suspicions and reads by then, compared to first day lynch where we have nothing. So I value no-MYLO over a NoLynch Day 1. So yeah forget my previous argument.

Calcs for those who doubt me:
One cycle: 2 die
If no mafia dies:
12v3 -> 10v3 -> 8v3 -> 6v3 -> 4v3 LYLO

If a mafia dies
12v3 -> 11v2 -> 9v2 -> 7v2 -> 5v2 -> 3v2 LYLO

If 2 mafia die
12v3 -> 11v2 -> 10v1 .... 2v1 LYLO

If 3 mafia die
WE WIN DUH

LightWolf

lightwoof
What was I supposed to reply if you were correct on I had agreed on something said before?
1. What in gods name did you just say
2. I will assume you said what is there to explain about just bandwagoning as you already said

In which case, I can understand the shinyskarmory vote, but the Walrein one? I quoted your post when you were questioned and it sounds very much like you just felt like bandwagoning so you did because you had nothing better to do.

I feel really bad for being inactive again; real life has been surprisingly more busy for me than normal. I just wanted to post because I've noticed I haven't really given much of an opinion on anything but my scum read on Metal Sonic. I am still sticking to that and not changing my vote because he still has yet to give me any reason, but I will give a few other reads. Shining Latios does seem a bit suspicious but I'm not ready to jump on any bandwagon or anything for him. I guess you could say he's on my "watch list." I genuinely think LightWolf is village. He has been active, and put a lot of effort into his posts even though in the grand schemes little pressure has been placed on him, especially recently. I also get a similar read on Empoof, but less because of his effort but more because his tone just seems so genuine. I dunno, maybe I'm bad at reading people. Finally, I want to say that like many others, shinyskarmory is really scummy to me. He HAS been putting in a lot of effort like LightWolf, but it comes off a lot more as skirming under pressure and trying to grasp at whatever he can. I'm not entirely convinced he's mafia because of that, I fear I would act in a similar way in his case, but he is also on my "watch list."

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I am strongly suspicious of this Metal Sonic bandwagon. Metal Sonic had three votes placed upon him while I was asleep, the first by Shining Latios, whose posts are just as bad if not worse than Metal Sonic's, yet this is what Shining Latios states as reasoning to vote for him. Two more votes quickly follow, neither by people I have particularly town reads on. My question to the people who are voting Metal Sonic is "What made you ignore Shining Latios?"

I do want to note that I am a bit suspicious of Metal Sonic, as his posts have been pretty bad; however, they do read like he is trying to help, unlike Shining Latios' posts. I do know it is sometimes hard to distinguish between noobtown and (noob)scum, but I am just stating what I feel may be the case.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Having read what I missed while asleep, I still support a ShiningLatios lynch. The Metal Sonic wagon seems more than a little sketchy, though I will grant the following two things:

-Metal Sonic HAS been acting suspicious
-If SL is village, then a Metal Sonic lynch would be better, as it would offer us more info

The thing is, I don't think SL is village. So yeah.

Having read what I missed while asleep, I still support a ShiningLatios lynch. The Metal Sonic wagon seems more than a little sketchy, though I will grant the following two things:

-Metal Sonic HAS been acting suspicious
-If SL is village, then a Metal Sonic lynch would be better, as it would offer us more info

The thing is, I don't think SL is village. So yeah.
As someone who is on the Metal Sonic "wagon" I feel like I should explain my reasoning. Metal Sonic's posts have had little substance and have just in general been low in quality. I placed my vote on him to put pressure on him so he'd be forced to reply with something other than two sentences of garbage.

He still has yet to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)