Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also you have answered the questions directed at you but in a very short and curt manner which makes it difficult to get a read on you, one liners and fail to provide satisfactory explanation

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
how is the use of the word 'um' scummy? its like saying somebody is scum because they are black. Which makes no sense

Why would I want anybody to vote for me day 1? Why would anybody want to get voted off day 1? really?

I don't understand the use of the word 'um' over the internet. It is basically a word to show you are thinking, not sure why you would include it in a post. Also, can you please answer my questions?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
remind the next noc host to not allow known idiots into his game, i feel like i'm being trolled by all of these shining latios posts but i know he isnt smart enough to troll

ugh i'm so tired and i have to work so early tomorrow. I'm pissed cause we have about 30 hours and i literally work like all day tomorrow :(

I have read what's happened but haven't read between the lines (like analyze anything) it so this is more of an activity/troll post. But we've successfully gone down hill from the last page so that's peachy.

@Metal Sonic & Shining Latios
my dad can beat up your dad.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's 4 AM and I'm about to go to sleep, but someone asked me what I thought about user: askaninjask, so LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!111!!1!1

ASKA ANALYSIS (3 posts)

Post 1: Attempts to get people to start moving out of the RVS and use actual reasoning to vote. Votes me as an example due to my sentrying of myself.

Post 2: Calls off the Walrein wagon, saying the pressuring was successful and he now has a strong village read on me. Votes Jalmont for active lurking.

Post 3: Reiterates his dislike of blind random voting. Pressures Jalmont to give a reason for voting him.

Conclusion: aska's posts have been conspicuously lacking from the game, but the fact that his posts do have substance and do promote discussion lead me to believe this is simply inactivity instead of scumlurking(tm). He doesn't quite have enough posts to get a strong read on him, but I'm leaning town for now.

It IS, however, 4 AM.

Vote Shining Latios

Okay, now to respond to Eagle's question:
How is the way I'm posting and double/triple posting make someone scum? I fail to see the logic in that. Why would a genuine mafia member attract so much attention to himself, just to get lynched? All it can mean is that said person has bad thought organisation and has to keep adding on to what he has to say because he couldn't edit his previous posts. In what way does that show signs of scum or mafia?

If the above is anything to go off on, I can be mentally impaired, but I'm definitely mentally sane
Thank you, Metal Sonic. I never said that your bad posting meant you were mafia, but I'd deem it suspicous in the sense that you're rushing your posts, which a mafia might do under pressure, or the fact that your posts have little substance; see Shining Latios, for example, who's posts have been terrible. Anyways, you've voted now, and posted a response with good reasoning, so as I mentioned in my previous vote, I'm gonna change my vote.
As I also said in my last post, Shining Latios' activity has been pretty... shifty. He's still yet to make a post with any real value, and more than a sentence long.

Unvote Metal Sonic
Vote Shining Latios

However, today I think Shining Latios is a better lynch because we know him to be a terrible mafia player (see: MUDS mafia), whereas Metal Sonic is anybody's guess. Also, I feel that Metal Sonic has just been completely screwed in this game-his timezone is terrible and I think we should give him a bye day one for that.

Worst case scenario, Shining Latios isn't mafia but it doesn't hurt us all that much because Shining Latios isn't being productive anyways and losing him won't hurt us as much as losing an experienced member.

Best case scenario, he's mafia and we're one step closer to winning this game.
Voting off a player cause they're "bad?" Sounds like an easy way to get a cheap kill on a village. Shinyskarmory seemed pretty scummy before this post but now he just seems insane.

Unvote
lynch shinyskarmory
Actually, I completely agree. Think about it; we'd probably be better off if Metal Sonic survives compared to Shining Latios. shinyskarmory is completely right in saying that if we lose Shining Latios and it turns out he is village, which I highly doubt, than it wouldn't matter as much seeing as Shining Latios' posts have been bad. Of course, this could apply to me later on, since my last game I did crummy in. TPM, if you had a choice of losing Walrein or Shining Latios, who would ya choose? I'd choose to lose Shining Latios, and you probably would too. So basically, we need good players to stay in the village.You're not simply voting off a player because they're simply bad, you're voting off a player because he is acting suspicous, and he is bad.

Also:

Da Letter El
Last Activity: Feb 17th, 2013 8:19:42 AM

askaninjask
Last Activity: Feb 15th, 2013 4:11:04 AM

Da Letter El has had enough time to post, whilst godknowswhat is happening with askaninjask

LightWolf

lightwoof
I don't know if you are dumb or just trying to avoid the questions. My post was perfectly clear. Also, what is that thread supposed to tell me about your playstyle? I'm more concerned on this ridiculous post:

"Vote: Ironstorm

because i can, and also whatever you said to charizard applies to you too.

also i have nothing better to do"

WTF?
I have yet to see a bigger hypocrisy this thread and I'm sure there are others around pointing fingers at others for whatever they are doing themselves too(or well I guess it's mostly you) but this is honestly just stupid. You did the very same thing, even worse you bandwagoned while doing, you had no one better to vote at that point so you did it. Wish I could vote you, but I already AM.

Noone should have to wake up at 6 am.

Here's something i want the village to have a quick thought about, and seeing as there is obviously still discussion on MS/SL i don't feel like it's going to derail from much going on.

Seeing as it's our final 24~ hours, we need to find a lynch target. No way avoiding it. Mafia is a game of information. Who would benefit us most as a lynch target? While keeping suspicion in mind, having the target be beneficial to us regardless of alignment is something to consider. Ya hitting town is bad, if we can avoid it we should. But we might misfire, and we do have to learn from our lynch vote.

It's not something you have to necessarily answer in the thread, or even SHOULD answer in thread, just to keep in mind.

askaninjask seems to have vanished so I'll sub him out if he doesn't show up until the day ends.
Da Letter El has informed me that he has issues with his connection.

~*~

Votecount 1.9 - Tick Tock

Lynch:
Shining Latios: (5) Empoof Eagle4 zorbees Walrein LightWolf shinyskarmory Metal Sonic L-3
Metal Sonic: (3) zorbees Da Letter El Empoof TPM Shining Latios Infinity.Cypher Eagle4
shinyskarmory: (2) LightWolf zorbees Spiffy Shining Latios TPM Eagle4
Jalmont: (2) Infinity.Cypher askaninjask Spiffy
zorbees: (1) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Spiffy: (1) Walrein Empoof
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Infinity.Cypher: (0) zorbees Eagle4
TPM: (0) zorbees
No Lynch: (0) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Walrein: (0) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
LightWolf: (0) zorbees Spiffy Empoof
TPM: (0) Spiffy
Empoof: (0) zorbees
Eagle4: (0) zorbees
Not Voting: (0) No one.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 19 hours and 5 minutes, 10:00 AM GMT (5:00 AM EST).

Noone should have to wake up at 6 am.

Here's something i want the village to have a quick thought about, and seeing as there is obviously still discussion on MS/SL i don't feel like it's going to derail from much going on.

Seeing as it's our final 24~ hours, we need to find a lynch target. No way avoiding it. Mafia is a game of information. Who would benefit us most as a lynch target? While keeping suspicion in mind, having the target be beneficial to us regardless of alignment is something to consider. Ya hitting town is bad, if we can avoid it we should. But we might misfire, and we do have to learn from our lynch vote.

It's not something you have to necessarily answer in the thread, or even SHOULD answer in thread, just to keep in mind.

Screw you, you're making me hungry.

That's why Shining Latios is our best target-he's suspicious AND a bad poster, so worst case scenario we lose a player who's not contributing much anyways.

Except shining latios is voting for Metal Sonic and he's not going to vote himself, so we need 3 more people and they have to come from somewhere anyways.

Sorry for the mixup there but I can't edit my post so...

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Hi guys due to my timezone I probably won't be around to see the lynch or what happens just before; will have to read it after(during the night)

So my final thoughts for the day while I'm still here: I have my finger of suspicion on Infinity.Cypher for being too quick and eager to follow the bandwagon on me right after SL, a teeny bit of suspicion on shinyskarmory for his weirdly changing opinions, and also on Spiffy on his unusual pointing of fingers on the other members, in a aggressive-like way. But take these with a pinch of salt; I am not very sure as there is not much to go off on Day 1.

My vote is currently on zorbees, but I'll probably change that later, as I find individuals such as Metal Sonic and Shining Latios more suspicious at this moment.

One thing that I find weird about Metal Sonic's post is that there doesn't appear to be a single bit of suspicion towards Shining Latios. To each his own, of course, but Metal Sonic, could you explain why you didn't mention SL in your post?

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
Hi guys due to my timezone I probably won't be around to see the lynch or what happens just before; will have to read it after(during the night)

So my final thoughts for the day while I'm still here: I have my finger of suspicion on Infinity.Cypher for being too quick and eager to follow the bandwagon on me right after SL, a teeny bit of suspicion on shinyskarmory for his weirdly changing opinions, and also on Spiffy on his unusual pointing of fingers on the other members, in a aggressive-like way. But take these with a pinch of salt; I am not very sure as there is not much to go off on Day 1.
Yea that was pretty idiotic of me, especially when I didn't realize that SL was bad-posting too. Hid it well, like the others said. Thus said, Unvote Metal Sonic

I'll post my thoughts later, since I'm going somewhere for a little bit. However, it'll be before 5pm EST since I have to leave at that time, and probably won't be back until the lynch is over. Also, note that I don't have a definite lynch target and I may bandwagon SL as a result

What is so unusual about my pointing of fingers? I posted who I think is mafia, just like you did. Does this make your reads "unusual" too? Please provide examples of where my reads are "unusual" (that's such a vague word to use as a reason to suspect me, please elaborate).

I have more to post in response to shinyskamory but I'll do that when I get home.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I've been away from internet for the last couple of days... apologies. Should have mentioned it in this thread before I left.

I don't think lynching the dumbest person/the troll is ever really a good strategy day 1, and no offense to Shining Latios (yes offense to Shining Latios) but he is certainly the dumbest of us here and I think he's just confused. His posting pattern doesn't show me anything about him other than that he really doesn't understand what's going on right now.

Walrein seemed very sure that I was scum for about one post before spontaneously changing his mind... ok.

Ugh, I had something written up about how scum zorbees is but I'm not sure if I agree with it anymore. I will be back in a couple hours and post my opinion on him. If you have time to post after this before the day ends, I would like zorbees, LightWolf, and Walrein to explain their SL votes. You guys are experienced enough NOC players to know that lynching the troll first turn is almost always a bad decision.

LightWolf

lightwoof
i have explained my SL vote enough, really my previous post honestly just locked me in more. The second when shit got serious on him, he started a bandwagon aimed at someone who was getting a lot of attention. Honestly whether we do lynch him or not, we should also be looking at everyone who joined the Metal Sonic bandwagon.

I may solely be making this decision because SL gets on my nerves, but honestly that is because of all the stupid mistakes he keeps pulling. He is simply too easy to hide behind right now, whether he is mafia or not I feel keeping him around will hurt us on the long run.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I didn't necessarily intend to switch the vote from Metal Sonic to Shining Latios, I just felt that Shining Latios was being incredibly hypocritical in his criticisms for Metal Sonic, and no one was calling him out for this. As the thread and the votecount shows, I was the first person (after some redacted early votes) to vote for him. I agree with what lightwolf says in the post above, that keeping him around could hurt in the long run.

That being said, I have a strong FoS on Infinity.Cypher. I think his unvote of Metal Sonic a few posts up is him basically giving up after seeing the lynch turn; it is especially odd because he doesn't place a new vote. When you combine this with the way he jumped onto the Metal Sonic bandwagon, I find it a bit odd. I never really had a strong village read on him to be honest.

one more question that I feel needs to be clarified: Metal Sonic, have you played NOC before on other sites or just typical mafia?

Also inactivity=/=bad at NOCs. inactivity=inactive
Actually, in a lot of the previous NOC games on this forum, there have been multiple instances of mafia being inactive and having to continuously be prodded by other players to post. For instance:

Peace NOC: Veedrock and Alchemator (I know this especially because I was mafia with them and our strategy was to have some members be active and some to lie low and deliberately post as little as possible)
NOC Desktop Dragons: rickheg, HSA, and Acklow
Returning to our Roots: kingofkongs (who admitted to intentionally trolling so he would be overlooked by the village) and Maxim
Company Mafia: Walrein

I'm sure there are others too, I just remember these games because I was actually around for them. I do NOT want this village in the mindset of just ignoring inactive and trolly users, as a lot of you are at the moment. I know it's only the first day but I want to make sure that I brought this to everyone's attention. Just because someone doesn't have enough posts doesn't mean you give up on trying to read them. In future days, (since this day is most likely ending up in a SL or Metal Sonic lynch) I really want more pressure on the active lurkers such as Jalmont and Infinity.Cypher, and not to just focus on two players for more than half the day.

Obviously, there will be some cases where an active lurker comes up as a villager, but that should seriously never happen if they would share their opinions and not choose to ignore the thread.

On another note, I have recently found myself agreeing more with askaninjask that Shining Latios is most likely confused at everything that's happening and is actually an inexperienced towny. I will once again throw Jalmont out there as a potential lynch for today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)