Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been away from internet for the last couple of days... apologies. Should have mentioned it in this thread before I left.

I don't think lynching the dumbest person/the troll is ever really a good strategy day 1, and no offense to Shining Latios (yes offense to Shining Latios) but he is certainly the dumbest of us here and I think he's just confused. His posting pattern doesn't show me anything about him other than that he really doesn't understand what's going on right now.

Walrein seemed very sure that I was scum for about one post before spontaneously changing his mind... ok.

Could you link me to the post where I thought you were scum? I don't actually recall ever having a scum read on you; perhaps you misinterpreted one of my posts.

Ugh, I had something written up about how scum zorbees is but I'm not sure if I agree with it anymore. I will be back in a couple hours and post my opinion on him. If you have time to post after this before the day ends, I would like zorbees, LightWolf, and Walrein to explain their SL votes. You guys are experienced enough NOC players to know that lynching the troll first turn is almost always a bad decision.

Basically SL has been refusing to post any sort of solid defense despite the ever-increasing bandwagon against him, and refuses to really post a read on any player as well. My gut's telling me that he's a noob scum that isn't quite sure how to get himself out of this mess, but if you can convince me that someone else is a better lynch target, I'd gladly change votes..

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
That being said, I have a strong FoS on Infinity.Cypher. I think his unvote of Metal Sonic a few posts up is him basically giving up after seeing the lynch turn; it is especially odd because he doesn't place a new vote. When you combine this with the way he jumped onto the Metal Sonic bandwagon, I find it a bit odd. I never really had a strong village read on him to be honest.
I don't have much experience with NOC since I play mafia on PO usually. I'm pretty much following what other people said/bandwagoning since I'm pretty easy to influence due to being new and trying to get experience. Though, might sound scummy, I don't think BT would put a NOC newbie as scum (though I think I'm wrong). In addition, I went away from the MS bandwagon because I fell into SL's trap of voting for MS since I didn't acknowledge SL's badposting at first until later

I really want more pressure on the active lurkers such as Jalmont and Infinity.Cypher, and not to just focus on two players for more than half the day.
Well, since I'm pretty much new to NOC (2nd time playing, 1st time I was overwhelmed by Uncle Sam's posting and the follow-ups and got lost and confused thus didn't want to play anymore) so that's why I don't post as often like others. Though, I will say I will keep and trying to post everyday and get my thoughts around and try to initiate some discussion

Lynch Shining Latios because I feel, like the other guys said, that there's nothing of value to lose. I feel that's he's not trying his best and that he's just doing whatever and whatever and thus making himself shifty and suspicious. In addition, tricking me to vote for Metal Sonic would make me want to vote agianst him since he just use MS as a decoy to hide his own badposting. Furthermore, he doesn't bring up that much discussion with his usual one sentence
(Yes, I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but that's because I don't know who else to vote for and I'm easy to influence due to lack of experience)

Right now I feel slightly suspicious of Spiffy and Aska with their thing about SL being confused townie. It's mostly because I feel that SL isn't that confused and purposely badposting and such, and Spiffy and Aska possible conspirator? idk but possibility
Also, though I do agree with Spiffy on possible Jalmont lynch since he could have contributed more, but not doing so, and being online today makes him seem shifty. Furthermore, evidence with that inactives being mafians, as well as Jalmont's knack of screwing around and stuff, it's a possibility.
cypher - cypher is a very mysterious fellow, he has the aura of mysteriousness if you get me. anyways, i think he is a swell mafia player, and maybe one day we will be teammates, and then i won't have to have him lynched :[
Also, could be accident, but it makes him seems suspicious since he could have accidentally reveal that he's on the opposite team on me for this mafia (or could be trolling, who knows). So, if I'm SANE, he's INSANE, or vice versa. I'm not voting for him yet because I feel that Jalmont is more valuable to keep around than SL, as well as being uncertain on my suspicious on Jalmont
btw I don't know if I'm making sense or not but I'll just go with that

Currently my vote is on shinyskarmory, and while I really want to keep it that way because I truly do get the scummiest read off of him, it appears no one else is interested in him today, so I feel I will probably change my vote. I don' think there is enough time left in the day to get a vote going on Infinity.Cypher, but after that last post of his I can't help but think he's mafia. I think zorbees may have already stated this, but him just dropping the Metal Sonic vote seems like him just thinking "op, that bandwagon failed, better get off it so I can hop on the next one." So anyways, for now I'm keeping my vote on shinyskarmory, him and I.C seem the most suspicious, but if there isn't a rise in votes for the former in the next few hours I guess I'll just switch to a more popular target to ensure majority

Sorry, I was reading the older posts. Looking back, I find More Cowbell to be posting little substance posts as well. He doesn't have much experience with NOC mafia either and to me, his posts truly show this. Sure, he's posting, but he's not putting opinions down. He's pressing other people and commenting on their general play but not making cases. When he was first questioned he backed down real hard. He makes a random vote, advocates for random voting, attacks other people for not random voting, and when first questioned about it retreats from his position and shuts up. His posts consist of random voting and asking questions of other people.

I would also like to talk about LightWolf. His mastermind of a plan back on page 4 basically supports No Lynching; Mafia isn't going to kill a mafia. I know he said fuck it in a later post, but I still think he is a mondo idiot for even thinking of a No Lynch. I don't think he is mafia, but I think this plan is dumb.

Votecount 1.10 - Midnight Update

Lynch:
Shining Latios: (7) Empoof Eagle4 zorbees Walrein LightWolf shinyskarmory Metal Sonic Eagle4 Infinity.Cypher L-1
Jalmont: (2) Infinity.Cypher askaninjask Spiffy
shinyskarmory: (1) LightWolf zorbees Spiffy Shining Latios TPM
More Cowbell: (1) Shining Latios
Metal Sonic: (1) zorbees Da Letter El Empoof TPM Shining Latios Infinity.Cypher Eagle4
zorbees: (1) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Spiffy: (1) Walrein Empoof
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Infinity.Cypher: (0) zorbees Eagle4
TPM: (0) zorbees
No Lynch: (0) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Walrein: (0) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
LightWolf: (0) zorbees Spiffy Empoof
TPM: (0) Spiffy
Empoof: (0) zorbees
Eagle4: (0) zorbees
Not Voting: (0) None!

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 11 hours and 15 minutes, 10:00 AM GMT (5:00 AM EST).

If someone hammers this vote before deadline (or at least before Da Letter El might have a chance to get on) you will be cast under SERIOUS suspicion next day, so DON'T HAMMER. In other news, I anxiously await jalmont's post or sub out.

To be honest, Shining Latios, I was expecting a bit more from your upcoming post, especially given the fact that you were looking at the thread for a good 15 minutes. I gave you the opportunity to inquire me, but you didn't really make use of your sheriff abilities, so it seems. You can still ask me things, if you want to (and that goes for everyone, really).

Actually if someone would be so kind to unvote Shining Latios so no one can hammer that would be greatly appreciated to give Dale some time to post (if his connection isn't acting up).

Well, seeing as how Shining Latios has vanished from the thread again, I'm gonna call it a day too. I probably won't be able to check the thread before the deadline is reached, until I get a short opportunity to check the thread tomorrow morning. I am still willing to answer questions, if others doubt my motives.

I am going to bed at 10:30 EST, and as such I will not be online for deadline (although I will be briefly in the immediate aftermath)

Just wanted everyone to know so I don't get accused of inactivity.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
ok. yes. infinity cypher is a amazing vote lol. bandwagon in post 162, immediately trying to post reads without really being prompted doesn't read like something a beginner like him would do naturally as town. general inactivity. Lack of pressure from people I would imagine would pressure him more. Game flow makes me think this is a really really good lynch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)