Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but still: SL has at least appointed a lynching target whereas Metal Sonic hasn't, and SL manages to hide the fact that his posts have little substance better. I mean, Metal Sonic managed a quintuple-post, and neither of the five posts really added much.

SL has made some shifty moves as well, but like I said, he hides it better.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How does hiding shiftiness make someone less suspicious? If anything, I find it MORE suspicious that SL is masking his crappy posting under a guise of activity. Having something to hide is suspicious as hell.

I'm not saying it makes him less suspicious, but he has managed to slip under the radar more than Metal Sonic, thus making Metal Sonic easier to target as mafia. Both of them are suspicious, but for some reason SL manages to get away with it, while Metal Sonic gets a spotlight pointed at him.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was honestly fine with the Metal Sonic wagon because I don't think anyone sane would let it escalate into a lynch, and a little pressure can't hurt to see if he'd slip, but if we are already putting a stop to it, I might as well butt in now.

Metal Sonic really mostly stands out due to his triple and penta posts. But those are honestly explainable due to: A) He is GMT+8, he literally has no one to talk to(his posts were from 2 to 5 AM lol) he honestly could not wait to post after him so that he isn't double posting, sure he should really collect his thoughts before posting, but that is part of B) he just seems going hyper there, getting bored that no one is around when he is, I mean random stuff like HI JALMONT in there, sure he does have some meh not doing much vibes, but that is far from a reason for a serious lynch right now, especially considering the ones who are on the said bandwagon right now.(Mostly looking at SL there)

Really, I'll probably change my vote once Metal Sonic actually votes himself. He should probably also explain why he's voting so badly. I don't really think he's mafia, but voting for him for now would at least pressure him into voting and explaining himself.

Infinity.Cypher hasn't really posted anything of value, and I treat him under suspicion, more so than Metal Sonic. It seems like people think Shining Latios is mafia, and I have to say this could be true. I'm not saying it's a given, but it certainly seems likely.

I'll most likely change my vote after Metal Sonic actually votes, and makes a post of at least some substance.

Holy shit my buddies are running rampant. Noting that whoever hammers will be scummy.

I am strongly suspicious of this Metal Sonic bandwagon. Metal Sonic had three votes placed upon him while I was asleep, the first by Shining Latios, whose posts are just as bad if not worse than Metal Sonic's, yet this is what Shining Latios states as reasoning to vote for him. Two more votes quickly follow, neither by people I have particularly town reads on. My question to the people who are voting Metal Sonic is "What made you ignore Shining Latios?"

I do want to note that I am a bit suspicious of Metal Sonic, as his posts have been pretty bad; however, they do read like he is trying to help, unlike Shining Latios' posts. I do know it is sometimes hard to distinguish between noobtown and (noob)scum, but I am just stating what I feel may be the case.
Looking at my past posts, it seems that while I've put some pressure on SL I haven't REALLY said anything about him. So i apologize if it looks like I've been ignoring SL, I've been keeping an eye on him. he's avoiding answering questions and trying to give out as little information as possible. Which is good scum play. Any post of his is about a sentence, with sometimes hard to gauge meanings, at least for me.

However it is D1, and he's of the opinion that there's not much to go off of. But if we don't choose to lynch him D1, I would hope to see more meaningful and filled out posts D2 with the harder evidence available to us.

I do also agree that this MS bandwagon explosion is kind of fishy. Yes, i see the reasoning because I'm the one that "started it" so to speak, but it's an easy wagon for mafia to cling to as well.

more cowbell said:
I'm not saying it makes him less suspicious, but he has managed to slip under the radar more than Metal Sonic, thus making Metal Sonic easier to target as mafia. Both of them are suspicious, but for some reason SL manages to get away with it, while Metal Sonic gets a spotlight pointed at him.
I don't like this logic. I can't put my finger on it at the moment, but it just seems flawed. If he is slipping under the radar that's far worse.

While it's good we're getting reads on people, it does seem that the village is tunneling on MS/SL mostly.

Also, Metal Sonic, I would like to reiterate that I'd like your reasoning for zorbees for scum. You went so far as to say strong scum, and as i've said, even if you're reiterating what people have said i'd like to hear it from you.

Unvote Metal Sonic | Vote Spiffy
Okay, this may seem weird, but I feel like we're starting to take for granted some of the people here are village when we shouldn't. Earlier Spiffy moved to make discussion happen. However, reviewing his posts, they're mostly about the No Lynch clause and just skating by making small anecdotes. His recent discussion with Jalmont is something i want to look at closely, but can't right now (ugh). Either way, if you think that a list of reads is a beneficial thing to do, could you please provide one for us now Spiffy?

I want to note that I don't wish to dismiss pressure on MS/SL that is obviously being pressed, but I do want us to be more expansive in hunting for scum. Hopefully more info will be good for us. I also won't be able to reply much today/tomorrow, but i'll be on when i can

Fair enough Empoof, however I will only post who I think is most scummy because if everyone reveals the same person as a surefire village read, that will give the mafia an easy target. Also I agree with Empoof that we should continue to be more expansive with our votes and not just focus on one pair of users who might just be inexperienced towns.

Jalmont: I have already voiced my concerns on Jalmont; he barely posts despite being generally active on IRC and Smogon, and when he does post, he refuses to actually be useful and just trolls. Now I wouldn't be as adamant for his lynch in an NOC game with village power roles (if he was a power role he could be trolling so he wouldn't be a prime target for a night kill) but this game has no village power roles. There is no villager that needs to hide behind trolling, so I believe he's mafia.

Shining Latios: SL's constant bandwagoning without explanation could be interpretted as a noob town or mafia. SL is also pretty hard to read because none of his posts make sense, and even if he is village that fact wouldn't make him too helpful...

Da Letter El: Yeah the guy we sentried could still be mafia! Obviously it's harder to analyze Dale because of his recent inactivity, but I also voiced earlier that he basically made sure he was sentried, promised us to make the most of Day 1, and disappeared from the thread! Even his posts after he was sentried and before he went inactive didn't really help that much, only ever seriously voting once and mostly just talking about whether no lynch is a good option (although I'm kinda guilty of that too!). Sure, he asked a few questions to specific people, but they weren't that pressuring and didn't really make an impact. I expected much more from him even before he went inactive.

shinyskarmory: I used to think shinyskarmory was mafia because of his vote for no lynch early on but after his explanation I have cooled down on him a little. The only other thing to note would be that a lot of his posts are more informative than actually analyzing the game. I can quote some of these posts if you want me to but I don't feel like digging them up.

I still think we should all vote for Jalmont for being deliberately unhelpful for no reason, but I would also (hesitantly) vote for Shining Latios if it comes down to it.

Oh and Walrein what do you think of askaninjask since you asked everyone else before. I believe he is admittedly pretty tough to read because of his lack of posting.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
re: daletterel

not saying I think he is village 100% or anything, but I think it'd be an idiotic mafia strategy to get sentry secured on yourself and then disappear. The sentry isn't that important to the village, considering no power roles, so to essentially take the sentry on day 1 in exchange for looking pretty scummy makes no sense to me.

Unvote
Burn Shining Latios at the stake

As of right now, Shining Latios and Metal Sonic are probably the best lynch targets. Shining Latios is doing a lot of bandwagoning while Metal Sonic's posts are just outright suspicious.

However, today I think Shining Latios is a better lynch because we know him to be a terrible mafia player (see: MUDS mafia), whereas Metal Sonic is anybody's guess. Also, I feel that Metal Sonic has just been completely screwed in this game-his timezone is terrible and I think we should give him a bye day one for that.

Worst case scenario, Shining Latios isn't mafia but it doesn't hurt us all that much because Shining Latios isn't being productive anyways and losing him won't hurt us as much as losing an experienced member.

Best case scenario, he's mafia and we're one step closer to winning this game.

I sentried Dale because he is a good NOC player that I would have liked to have around as long as possible. It's not like anyone else would have been sentried anyway.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello. So I see that I've been given 3 pressure votes, especially by Eagle, to explain who I would like to vote for and why, in 1 Detailed post. Okay... here goes

Shining Latios seems very scummy, in the fact that he's posting one-liners to defend/prod others, yet he is voting me for the same thing.
read:
Metal Sonic, wouldn't triple posting be considered bad posting then?

Unvote
Lynch Metal Sonic
What was I supposed to reply if you were correct on I had agreed on something said before?
The Walrein one was just a random bandwagon because the game had just started.
Spiffy, if you had suspected him of being mafia, why vote sentry vote him in the first place?
That's fine. However, what was the reasoning behind the sentry vote? Or were you bandwagoning that? You were the last sentry vote on DLE.

He has given lesser reasoning than me for his vote and that he couldnt himself make a detailed reply to any multiple questions probed at him. He evidently has abetter timezone than me; able to respond to the questions within a lesser amount of time, yet chooses not to do so. If anything, he should be next on the list for pressure voting/lynching.

Vote Shining Latios

Okay, now to respond to Eagle's question:
How is the way I'm posting and double/triple posting make someone scum? I fail to see the logic in that. Why would a genuine mafia member attract so much attention to himself, just to get lynched? All it can mean is that said person has bad thought organisation and has to keep adding on to what he has to say because he couldn't edit his previous posts. In what way does that show signs of scum or mafia?

If the above is anything to go off on, I can be mentally impaired, but I'm definitely mentally sane

Yeah, I hope that detailed post was sufficient. Also I remove my FoS from zorbees and place it on infinity.cypher. Look closely at his/her vote on me after SL's bad explanation and it can be seen that s/he's eager to jump on the same vote with SL with little solid reasoning

I am persuaded. Lynch Metal Sonic - bad posting with consecutive posting without any discussion regarding scum and reads on people (even though you were answering a question, you could have think very deep about it and post 1 post on it)

What's the possibility of mafia going through the sentry and killing dle? Especially since dle is supposed to be a great NOC player? Though, with his declining activity, it doesn't seem like so imo. Also, question to all, who's the most likely to die this night? Concerned about this since possibility of losing 2 Sane members, especially if those 2 sane members are valuable for discussion

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
First rule of night kills - DO NOT TALK ABOUT NIGHT KILLS. If someone says "x is cleanest, I sure hope he doesn't die", there's a very good chance the mafia will be like "why thank you" and kill his ass.

Can you show me where I haven't answered any of the questions directed at me, Metal Sonic? You also stated you could try to play nicer, could you elaborate on that please? Another suspicious thing I find is that you said the first time you played mafia on the PO forum you got lynched day 1 when the whole town voted you and you proceeded to claim that they lost. I find that kind of scummy. I feel like you are trying to make others not vote for you day 1 over here just from past experiences. The way you post too just seems to be inherently suspicious, especially because of the use of the word 'um'.

Unvote
Burn Shining Latios at the stake

As of right now, Shining Latios and Metal Sonic are probably the best lynch targets. Shining Latios is doing a lot of bandwagoning while Metal Sonic's posts are just outright suspicious.

However, today I think Shining Latios is a better lynch because we know him to be a terrible mafia player (see: MUDS mafia), whereas Metal Sonic is anybody's guess. Also, I feel that Metal Sonic has just been completely screwed in this game-his timezone is terrible and I think we should give him a bye day one for that.

Worst case scenario, Shining Latios isn't mafia but it doesn't hurt us all that much because Shining Latios isn't being productive anyways and losing him won't hurt us as much as losing an experienced member.
Voting off a player cause they're "bad?" Sounds like an easy way to get a cheap kill on a village. Shinyskarmory seemed pretty scummy before this post but now he just seems insane.

Unvote
lynch shinyskarmory

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can you show me where I haven't answered any of the questions directed at me, Metal Sonic? You also stated you could try to play nicer, could you elaborate on that please? Another suspicious thing I find is that you said the first time you played mafia on the PO forum you got lynched day 1 when the whole town voted you and you proceeded to claim that they lost. I find that kind of scummy. I feel like you are trying to make others not vote for you day 1 over here just from past experiences. The way you post too just seems to be inherently suspicious, especially because of the use of the word 'um'.
Do you think you make sense?

Also please re-read my playstyle from this thread thanks
http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?16849-BEGINNER-No-Outside-Contact-Mafia-postgame-pls

I don't know if you are dumb or just trying to avoid the questions. My post was perfectly clear. Also, what is that thread supposed to tell me about your playstyle? I'm more concerned on this ridiculous post:

"Vote: Ironstorm

because i can, and also whatever you said to charizard applies to you too.

also i have nothing better to do"

WTF?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)