CAP 3 CAP 3 - Topic Leader Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, Grammar? Who gives a flying fuck. The only thing you ever get payed out in if you have bad grammar is fucking English at school, and i really don't think we care here. You're judged on your ability to write and on how much you've contributed to the project. A few little slip ups here and there won't hurt anybody...

And anyone who it does:
Aki's instructions to help you chill out:
1)
Take a nice warm bath with some sorta smelly stuff in there
2) Have Bubble bath in said bath
3) Clean yourself; this means well. If you've got a whole head full of shit might wanna clean that out too =P
4) Go have something nice to eat. You may do 4) before 1) if you so choose.
5) Go fuck yourself. Literally. If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, might wanna fuck them though.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
After quite a few people telling me to apply for this I have decided to indeed apply. My involvement in the CAP project is nearly zero, though I have read each thread and voted in all polls, I do not contribute as much as I would like, this will give me that opportunity. I feel that I can bring a unique attitude to the CAP project that will get even more people involved. I am the most qualified for the position, not to put down the other applicants, but I know I am the best for the job due to my unique skill set.

If you have any questions I will answer them because you are entitled to know and learn everything about me, where I see myself in 10 years, what would I do if I found a million dollars, etcetera.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you in the future on this awesome project!

Questions:
What would you do if you found 1M?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time
Is your avatar EarthBound?
Do you like Ness?
Where do you see yourself first getting laid?
If the ^^ is already true:
Where (Excepting a bed) Do you see yourself next getting laid?

Bah, Grammar? Who gives a flying fuck. The only thing you ever get payed out in if you have bad grammar is fucking English at school, and i really don't think we care here. You're judged on your ability to write and on how much you've contributed to the project. A few little slip ups here and there won't hurt anybody...
Grammar is very important. And that's from a non-native English speaker, who often makes grammatical mistakes, so I'm not underlining its importance just because I'm good at it.

Oh, and I fully support the Firefox suggestion. My slender fingers have a tendency of pressing two letters at a time (if you could see them, you'd realize how difficult is to do that), and there are many words that I'm unsure of their spelling (last example: committee. Three damn double letters!), so the Firefox spell checker is a great tool.

TM, i suggest you read:

Aki's instructions to help you chill out:
1)
Take a nice warm bath with some sorta smelly stuff in there
2) Have Bubble bath in said bath
3) Clean yourself; this means well. If you've got a whole head full of shit might wanna clean that out too =P
4) Go have something nice to eat. You may do 4) before 1) if you so choose.
5) Go fuck yourself. Literally. If you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, might wanna fuck them though.
I'm not seeing quite exactly how the who TL thing comes down to grammar. If i had a guy who could do a brilliant piece of work, but have shit grammar, i'd hire him over the guy who used GrammarCheck and his stuff is shit. Place before me exactly why grammar is SO important and i'll take everything back. If you can understand it; it's good enough for me. I'm sure everyone in this thread can be understood.

I specifically ignored that part, because it is nonsensical and insulting. But, since you insist on it, directing it at me, I will ask a moderator to look at it. I don't think insulting and flaming other posters is a tolerated behavior here.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've dealt with Aki. Let's get this back on track.

I'll remind everyone to please read the OP. Namely, I specifically asked people not to make negative comments about any candidates. This is about finding the best TL, not determining who would be a bad TL.

If you want to post support for a candidate, that is encouraged. I would like the TL Selection Panel to have an idea of which candidates have support in the community.

Hey, I mispelt Revenakh in the poll for the name. Typos are not a problem. People read around them naturally. Obviously, typing "hi, my name is Hyra" as "jo, ,u ms,r od juts" will not get you chosen, but I highly doubt anyone will make that big of a typo for that long and not notice it.

Also, after his first post Gothic Togekiss was forcing the bad grammar. I feel sorry for those of you who thought that was how he types.

For those who want a spell/grammar check: if you go to download.com, I believe there's a 60 day trial of Microsoft Word 2007 available as a free download.

Cant we just get started on this its obvious the majority want GT to do the next and he seems willing and with have the basis for the first week of polling basically set out.

Cant we just get started on this its obvious the majority want GT to do the next and he seems willing and with have the basis for the first week of polling basically set out.
This is the type of post that shows you don't understand what needs to happen.

its not a fucking heart surgery either we can make mistakes in the process. We played it as it went with the first two and i think its generally agreed they came out all right.
You can do your theory of how its meant to go all day long but until you go out their and experience the process and learn from the mistakes, there will be unforseen mistakes no matter what.

Your trying to make a perfect theory plan for a process which is very much trial and error.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Um, no. We are trying to discover the best candidate. This does not mean the most popular candidate, necessarily.

Also, we should always attempt to reduce errors in any project we undertake, that is obvious.

Yeah. The whole point of this is to not make this a popularity contest, but a well thought process, to get the ideal person on charge. We are lucky most candidates so far are great (I mean it), but a selection has to be made, and it shouldn't be related to popularity. Being a well-known and respectable user is a step in the good direction, however.

The project has gone as well as it has so far because we have been vigilant and cautious. As we continue, we will become weary of convention and sacrifice attention to polling procedure for attention to analysis and movepool. We have to set a standard now so that we don't screw it up later when we get lazy.

Moreover, there were a number of things that didn't go so well. If we continue to make the same stupid mistakes, people will become offended and disinterested, and they will view us as a bunch of cranks.

The time for trial and error is over. We should now have a fair idea of what we are doing. It we don't set some standards, it will be as if we haven't learned anything at all. I don't think that we are collectively that stupid, and we should prove it.

Yes, because when someone is popular then they must be good (just like the U.S. President when he first started on the campaign floor)

Really, basing this on popularity is a huge no. We need to find the most able person for the job, not the most popular.

Popularity=/=Best for the job

Personally I don't like being voted on merely because I'm popular with everyone. Winning a popularity contest sucks in my opinion because like what Kira said; Popularity =/= Best for the job, most of the time.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Questions:
What would you do if you found 1M?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time
Is your avatar EarthBound?
Do you like Ness?
Where do you see yourself first getting laid?
If the ^^ is already true:
Where (Excepting a bed) Do you see yourself next getting laid?
If I found 1 million dollars I would buy myself a nice hammock and donate the rest to a charity of my choosing.

In ten years I see myself working on Create a Pokemon Project Part 100, creating a new Pokemon named Gorillaglue.

Yes it is.

Ness is very cool, but Porky may be the best Mother character.

I see myself getting laid next at a shoe store, while the worker is helping me try on some new shoes she will invite into the back room to help her grab a larger pair. I grab a ladder and hold it while she climbs up, at which time I catch that she is wearing no panties, she comes down with a larger pair and inquires, "who wears size 17s?" I reply calmly, "people with huge penises." Then we proceed to getting our freak on.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
aki, can you actually ask reasonable questions? like how long have you been in the project?, not where would you like to fuck?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now that I made my point about the grammar and presenting yourself as a viable candidate bit, I'd like to reevaluate the potential topic leaders. I'd like to emphasize that these are merely my observations, and do not in any way represent the views of the CaP project or the individuals running it.

Dane- Respected by the previous TL, Hyra, and evidently has support from others in the CaP community. Obviously got props for being the only one in the beginning to have an acceptable "pitch" post.

Sikh Assassin- I wasn't impressed at all with his "pitch" post, but he did claim to have experience on the subject.

Stall- I might have been unfair by pointing out an obvious typo, but I felt that it shouldn't have been there regardless. Still, Stall has proven himself capable of managing semi-large projects by successfully running one of the most fun DP tournaments to date, the Diversity Cup. He is also an intelligent poster and definitely capable of being an efficient TL.

Gothic_Togekiss- I was initially unimpressed by his "pitch" post, but his humility and consequent efforts to fix the mistakes were very impressive. He seems to the candidate with the most popular support, which, while obviously not a deciding factor, is still significant. He also seems to care a lot about the CaP project, as evidenced by his previous post.

zerowing- Zerowing has followed the CaP project diligently, and has thrown his hat in the proverbial circle with perhaps the most impressive "pitch" post and credentials. Zerowing is long established member of Smogon, whose flawless record of contributions include articles, edits to the site, and assisting new individuals in acclimating to the competitive metagame. Out of all the potential candidates so far, I honestly feel that zerowing has the most Pokemon experience in regards to mechanics and overall battling. His ability to lead is emphasized by his past successful tutoring success in the ADV generation, and his unblemished record so far in the DP generation.

So, since this topic has been open for a few days, I am going to assume that these candidates are pretty much the main ones for the job. I'd prefer if the TL were on Smogon daily, so anyone else wishing to sign up either does not visit everyday, or does not visit the CaP forum everyday, both of which (to me anyway) are undesirable traits.

Looking at all 5 candidates, I have to throw my full support behind zerowing. I see him as the man with the most knowledge of Pokemon mechanics, the most ability in the battling aspect, the most experience in dealing with individuals (in a leadership position), and the one with the most tenured and respected reputation within Smogon's community.

one of the most fun DP tournaments to date, the Diversity Cup.
Wow, I'm honoured. Speaking of tourneys, I am currently working on another DP Tourney idea, stay tuned for details!

On topic, if it's not me, I support zerowing.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Right, I have returned and would like to express my support for Gothic Togekiss he has been part of CAP since the start and has been very active in the polls AND the discutions.

Dane is my second choice, i think he would also run it very well.

I am not too keen on Sikh Assassin or Stall, but if they get lots of support then maybe.

Though zerowing is an experienced battler, member of smogon, and has been active in the polls he has not been active in the discutions, this is why i think he should not be the TL for part 3.

zerowing said:
My involvement in the CAP project is nearly zero,
Now this is my big problem with you, I think the new TL should be active member of CAP.
zerowing said:
though I have read each thread and voted in all polls,
That is good, but I dont think voteing and reading is enough, you should participate first.
zerowing said:
I do not contribute as much as I would like
I think you should, just not as a TL to start with talk in the polls for a while and maybe next time is what i think.

and for those in the tourney thread i will reply tomorow.

time mage is the most reasonable dude i see when i do come in this forum

ill support him if he's a candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)