move 2:HP Water/Ice
move 3 Signal Beam
move 4: Explosion
Item Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Abillity Static
Nature Rash
Evs 252 spA 228 spe 28 atk

-Why this set deserves to be on site:
-Not outclassed by anything due to having the highest speed in the whole tier.
-Can easily sweep through an unprepared team late game.

-Additional comments:
-Choice scarf can be used over Choice specs if you are looking to outpace everything in the tier even if the opponent has a scarf.
-Hidden Power Water can be used over Hidden Power Ice.
-Signal Beam is there because there really isnt anything else to add there due to Electrodes pathetic movepool.
-The atk evs can be moved to defense if you want to be able to stay in on strong priority attacks like Hitmontops Mach Punch.

-Team Options:
-Slowbro or/and Weezing for handling Hitmontop.
-Hitmontop for taking care of Absol.
-Spikes and SR support can be very helpful to get a kill on anything that would normally survive.

-Counters:
-Anything with a strong priority attack such as Hitmontop and Absol.
-Chansey walls this set into oblivion unless you feel the need to Explode on her.

I really don't see how this set is better or equal to the LO set on-site. Do you know if this set gets any specific KO's the LO set doesn't? Calcs would be useful. Being locked into Thunderbolt is really risky especially with Rhyperior everywhere, and Electrode's attacking stats aren't the best out there. At least the LO set can switch between attacks and utilize Taunt...Manectric or Ampharos do the choiced Electric-type much better because of Switcheroo and higher bulk, respectively. They also have superior movepools and better attacking stats.

I'm with Thund. I don't think there are any specific KOes that are gained / lost between the .2 multiplier difference, but if there are feel free to post them.

I really don't see how this set is better or equal to the LO set on-site. Do you know if this set gets any specific KO's the LO set doesn't? Calcs would be useful. Being locked into Thunderbolt is really risky especially with Rhyperior everywhere, and Electrode's attacking stats aren't the best out there. At least the LO set can switch between attacks and utilize Taunt...Manectric or Ampharos do the choiced Electric-type much better because of Switcheroo and higher bulk, respectively. They also have superior movepools and better attacking stats.

I dont think any Rhyperior's will be coming out end game from my experience. Also this is not outclassed by Ampharos or Manectric because it can comew out late game once the opposing team is weakened and reaveled,and outpace anything the opponent has if not holding a scarf and sweep through with ease.

Edit: here are some calcs:
Thunderbolt with specs vs 0 spD Arcanine:
Min 222 Average 241 Max 262(OHKO with SR+1 layer of spikes)
Thunderbolt vs min spD Arcanine with LO Min 193 Average 208 Max 228(2hko with 1Spikes layer and sr)
Thunderbolt with specs vs min spD Hariyama min 283 average 307 Max 334(chance to OHKO with 3 spikes and sr)
Tbolt with LO vs Hariyama Min 216 Average 234 Max 255)(Never ohko's)
Tbolt with specs vs min spD Hitmontop Min 183 Average 193 Max 213(2HKO)
Tbolt with LO vs Hitmontop:Min 138 Average 147 Max 160
Tbolt with specs vs Houndoom:Min 222 Averuge 251 Max 262(OHKO with SR)
Tbolt vs Houndoom with LO: min: 172 Average 187 Max 204(Doesn't even OHKO with SR,needs spikes as well)
Tbolt vs min spD milotic with specs: Min 306 Average 330 Max 360(OHKO with 2 Spikes and SR)
Tbolt vs min spD Milotic with LO: min 236 Average 254 Max 278(Needs 3 Layers of Spikes and sr to OHKO)
Tbolt vs Miltank with specs( Min 247 Average 268 Max 292:OHKO With 3 spikes and sr.
Tbolt with LO vs Miltank: Min 193 Average 208 Max 228(Never OHKO's)
Tbolt vs 0spD Mismagius with specs:min 178 Average 192 Max 210(2HKO)
Tbolt vs Mismagius with LO: Min 138 Average 150 Max 163(Chance it wont even 2HKO if sr isn't up)

Tbolt vs min spD Slowbro with specs:Mn 444 Average 482 Max 524(Always OHKO's)

Tbolt vs min spD Slowbro with LO:Min 344 Average 374 Max 408(Needs SR just to OHKO)

As you can see you lose a truckload of power without Specs.

Sorry i couldnt do the calcs in perecent,my math aint that good.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
@cicada's rhyperior comment; they're not coming out end game? there's something called rock polish rhyperior. i really doubt this set's effectiveness really, manectric has more power and isn't slow by any means (and still breaks through chansey w/ switch) and his fire moves give him a lot more coverage

I dont think any Rhyperior's will be coming out end game from my experience. Also this is not outclassed by Ampharos or Manectric because it can comew out late game once the opposing team is weakened and reaveled,and outpace anything the opponent has if not holding a scarf and sweep through with ease.
Manectric can do pretty much the same thing. And at least Ampharos can blow holes in the opposing team with his massive Special Attack for his teammates to exploit (like on Registeel, for example). You're using this as an end game sweeper, but it can't even switch attacks. Something like Alakazam or Swellow are much better in that department.

I think you should take Choice scarf off, as a option, 140 base speed is fast enough, it's really almost a waste of an item. Choice specs would be much better as the only option. Also, the best ability is Soundproof. I don't think this set is viable, because it can be used as a set-up foddler, in particular Dugtrio, Rhyperior, and Torterra. It, has a very poor movepool, and overall I think many other electric types outclass it for the most part.

Sweeper Electrodes can hurt a lot when they are used, but LO is the better choice of item. Even though it may not have the power of a Choice item, Electrode needs to be able to switch between attacks. I do see how it can work, mainly if a Pokemon like Rhyperior or Donphan has been knocked out, and then Electrode can hurt the enemy with Specs'd STAB Thunderbolt. Unfortunately, there are a couple flaws with this set, and they've been stated already. Good try, though.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concur'd. I have messed around with Specs Electrode before, but LO does pretty much the same thing if you want a late game cleaner. HP Grass is also a great option to kill Rhyperior with anyway.

I dont get why everybody keeps mentioning Rhyperior,if you know the opponent has it or anything else that uses Electrode as set up fodder why would you send Electrode out?doesnt even make any sense,you take down Electrodes counters BEFORE revealing Electrode.You shouldn't need to be switching between attacks if you know the opponents entire team.

I dont get why everybody keeps mentioning Rhyperior,if you know the opponent has it or anything else that uses Electrode as set up fodder why would you send Electrode out?doesnt even make any sense,you take down Electrodes counters BEFORE revealing Electrode.You shouldn't need to be switching between attacks if you know the opponents entire team.
I listed Rhyperior and Donphan as counters, but to list other Pokemon, Steelix also causes problems, and Venusaur can switch in on a predicted Thunderbolt. Unfortunately, there might be situations where Electrode might be forced to appear, and the enemy might have a potential counter in the wings. I've faced this situation many times, with a couple of other sweepers. However, I will agree that the calcs do help a little bit to show the power difference between Specs and LO. Additionally, Signal Beam actually has uses, such as slamming Pokemon like Sceptile on the switch-in, who would otherwise pose severe problems to this set, and threatening Alakazam pretty well. I still believe that LO outclasses Specs, because of LO allowing Electrode to switch between moves, but I will see how others respond.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha those calcs are terrible (ohkos if you have 3 layers of spikes, sr, tspikes, gravity up and acid rain going) I'd much rather run life orb since it boosts boom and if i can't do anything (very likely) i can at least do something. Electric is a bad choiced typing unless a. you have massive special attack (base 80 doesn't really cut it) or b. you have an awesome movepool to compliment tbolt (hidden power and signal beam...X_X).

QC Rejected (1/2)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)