First Triples Battle Warstory

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay so I was playing Random Wi-Fi matches, and this is the first ever Triples Wifi Warstory on Smogon as far as I know!

My team, all level 15: The Meerkat (RIZZO), The Fire Monkey (Omari), The Wotter (Duy), the rock thing with one eye (KEFKA), Muuna (PBB), and The Yorkie (Bill).

His team was mixed between 13 and 17.

I lead L as Muuna, C as Yorkie, and R as Rock. My opponent lead L as Meerkat, C as Grass Monkey, and R as Pokabu.

I Yawned the Meerkat with Muuna, and took a Bite in return. My Yorkie took down the Grass Monkey to 10% HP with a strong Tackle, and after taking a fire move, the Rock OHKO's Pokabu, level 17, with Rock Blast. In its spot, my opponent sends in the Glameow posing Cat.

I switched Muuna (L), with my own Meerkat, and finished off the Grass Monkey (C) with another Tackle from my Yorkie (C). I took a Scratch from the Cat (R) to my Rock (R), and then OHKO'd it back with Rock Smash. His Meerkat (L) fell asleep after hitting my own Meerkat (L) with Bite. He switched in his Zebra (C), and then Muuna (R) on the far side.

I quickly finished off his Muuna before it moved with a Critical Hit Bite from my Yorkie, while my Rock OHKO'd the Zebra with a 4 hit Rock Blast. My Meerkat Bite his Meerkat.

I swept up the sleeping Meerkat.

6-0.

(Triples is select 6).

GG Random Japanese guy! Please give feedback.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
terrible story. Was over way too quickly, and descriptions were lacking.

trolling/joking aside: thanks for posting how to select triples on wifi.

AWESOME!!!!! This is the birth of the very 3 vs 3 Triples.

From this to Zekrom, Giratina-o, Lugia on the battlefield! Can't wait!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
All trolling aside, and of course it was with jokemons and in Japanese and everything, but...

was it fun? Do you like that style? How does it compare to doubles?

Awesome because it is the first triple warstory.
How's triples overall compared to the doubles?
Is it faster? Is it as broken as some people predicted (more so than the doubles?)??
How do you feel about it?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To be honest I found it interesting. One thing I did not like, however, was the fact that when he was down to his final Pokemon my far right Pokemon could not do anything at all since his was in the far left. I think, personally, Doubles might be a good mix inbetween.

That being said I'll need to try a more competitive one before passing judgment.

Pretty funny warstory, strong plays and predictions on both sides
I, myself, like how the strongest move(base power) was bite, or rock blast, depending on how you look at it

To be honest I found it interesting. One thing I did not like, however, was the fact that when he was down to his final Pokemon my far right Pokemon could not do anything at all since his was in the far left. I think, personally, Doubles might be a good mix inbetween.

That being said I'll need to try a more competitive one before passing judgment.
I have a question, if you don't mind anwering, :D.

I wanted to know if there's any rules to random battling. Is there a ban for legends like Battle Tower? Or is it something more of PBR where everything goes?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
Presumably it is Battle Tower rules just like the crappy "Wi-Fi" modes from HG/SS where you downloaded teams where it bans Uber tier legendaries and event legendaries, such as Jirachi, and allows "legendaries" meaning Azelf, Zapdos, Registeel, etc.

Singles was 'see 6 pick 3' like PBR. Doubles was Pick 4, and Triples was pick 6. The toughest part is picking what order to align you Pokemon depending on what you think he's going to use so you can maximize the effect and make sure what you have can hit what it needs to counter.

I might try Rotation next.

There was a lot going on, had to read it twice to get it (not your fault). Worth it though, awesome warstory. I hope all triples end up like this, and not just stupid combo attack everywhere and earthquake/explosion/telepathy spam.
Easy luvdisc

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh yeah, speaking of how at the end your far right mon couldn't even select his far left mon to attack it, what on earth would happen if those were the only two mons LEFT?! Would the match auto-end as a tie? Would it auto-calculate a victor based on HP? I can't imagine the two of you just being stuck there unable to target each other.

Presumably it is Battle Tower rules just like the crappy "Wi-Fi" modes from HG/SS where you downloaded teams where it bans Uber tier legendaries and event legendaries, such as Jirachi, and allows "legendaries" meaning Azelf, Zapdos, Registeel, etc.

Singles was 'see 6 pick 3' like PBR. Doubles was Pick 4, and Triples was pick 6. The toughest part is picking what order to align you Pokemon depending on what you think he's going to use so you can maximize the effect and make sure what you have can hit what it needs to counter.

I might try Rotation next.
I was looking forward to singles battle. I should've known that a full team is too good to be true, XD.

Thank you very much.

So how does it feel to be one of the first on Smogon to triple battle? LOL. any special feelings. Well. playing with weak pokemans. lol i like it seems more fun.. i like the rules mentioned up there. :D

you probably played an 10 year old -__________-

Honestly, I'm just waiting for someone to come on with a 3vs3 team consisting entirely of mudkips using Troll.

So, no clauses can be set for random battles?

I'm pretty sure you can swap the positions of the Pokemon on the field if you need to, but that doing so uses up that Pokemon's turn.

Oh yeah, speaking of how at the end your far right mon couldn't even select his far left mon to attack it, what on earth would happen if those were the only two mons LEFT?! Would the match auto-end as a tie? Would it auto-calculate a victor based on HP? I can't imagine the two of you just being stuck there unable to target each other.
Uses moves that hit the entire field (Surf, EQ, etc.)
Set up and wait for them to come to you (assuming you can move positions).
Move your position (same assumption).
Auto-Center and game "becomes" Singles 1 on 1.

These may or may not happen.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
Uses moves that hit the entire field (Surf, EQ, etc.)
Set up and wait for them to come to you (assuming you can move positions).
Move your position (same assumption).
Auto-Center and game "becomes" Singles 1 on 1.

These may or may not happen.
Moves do not ever hit the entire field in Triples. The max is still two. You can shift positions in 3v3 so this is not an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)