Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If your Giratina is fully trained (e.g. has the Effort Ribbon) then no, regular battling will not do anything to your EV's. The only way to change the EV's after they've been maxed is through the Effort reducing berries.

IV=Individual Value. These sats are hidden in game but each of the 6 Base Stats have a value ranging from 0-31 with 31 being the highest that account for 1 stat point at level 100. For example a Max attack Metagross with 31 IV's will have 405 attack at level 100. One with 0 IV's however, will only have 374 attack.
Oh, thanks! What is the point of these and is there a way I can see them?

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They are what makes every pokemon unique ordinarily. Basically the higher the IV the stronger the stat. And the only way to see them is with a cheating device, or by viewing the pokemon, untrained at level 100 through the use of a wifi battle to see its final stats, and inputting those into a damage calculator.

They are what makes every pokemon unique ordinarily. Basically the higher the IV the stronger the stat. And the only way to see them is with a cheating device, or by viewing the pokemon, untrained at level 100 through the use of a wifi battle to see its final stats, and inputting those into a damage calculator.
Oh. So I need an AR, dang it. Anyways, thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it!

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah. What you do is battle with them. Lots.

Just starting the Elite Four again and again (and again and again...) is probably the fastest and easiest way to gain Exp in all games. Stark Mountain's available too if you happen to be playing DPPt.

In the HeartGold/SoulSilver Safari Zone. To catch Pokemon such as Metang, let's say, which require me to wait x amount of days for them to appear in the Safari.

Would it be possible for me to just move the DS clock up x amount of days and bypass waiting a month or two in order to make them appear?

In the HeartGold/SoulSilver Safari Zone. To catch Pokemon such as Metang, let's say, which require me to wait x amount of days for them to appear in the Safari.

Would it be possible for me to just move the DS clock up x amount of days and bypass waiting a month or two in order to make them appear?
Im pretty sure that if you change the date it causes the counter to reset. im not sure but I heard that somewhere.

This is the only place I can think of someone answering this:

I´m going back to EV train in R/S/E, and I have this question; how exactly does Exp. Share works?

Imagine I beat a Magikarp with my Electrike holding Macho Brace and having Pokérus, and I have my Abra holding Exp. Share. I know Electrike is obtaining 4 Speed EVs, but...

How many EVs is Abra obtaining?

-Is it 4?
-Is it 2? As Exp. Share "shares" also the EVs? And then what happens to Electrike...is it gaining 2?
-Is it 1? As Magikarp´s Effort Value is 1.
-And what if Abra is also having Pokérus?

Thanks. ;)

Abra receives EVs just like if it was the one battling. So it would get however many evs Magicarp gave(1) times pokerus if you had it. It you had 6 pokemon each without pokerus all holding EXP. Share and the lead wasn't holding macho brace, then they would all get 1 EV. If you beat say a Golem(3 DEF) then all would get 3 DEF EVs. I hope that answers your question

Abra receives EVs just like if it was the one battling. So it would get however many evs Magicarp gave(1) times pokerus if you had it. It you had 6 pokemon each without pokerus all holding EXP. Share and the lead wasn't holding macho brace, then they would all get 1 EV. If you beat say a Golem(3 DEF) then all would get 3 DEF EVs. I hope that answers your question
Okay, and if the lead is having Macho Brace and my Exp. Share holder has Pokérus... then it is getting 4 EV´s, is that so?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
No. The Macho Brace your lead is holding does not influence how many the other gets. Lightsabre means that it gets the base amount that the Pokemon is worth, rather than half or something, which would seem more logical.

I really could use some help tonight. Im iv breeding in Emerald, Ralts to be specific.

I have a modest female holding the everstone with a flawless 31 spa stat as told to me be the battle frontier old man. She is also '' quite impressive in ability'' according to him.

The male i have is impish [ male nature doesen't matter right?] and is also modest. He also has a 31 spa and is ''quite impressive in ability''.

19 out of 20 of my eggs are '' quite impressive in ability'' and have a flawless 31 iv in spa.

Ok i've mastered breeding that spa iv, as you can see. Well now i want Ralts to have a 31 in speed, how do i do this?

When breeding for my own competitive use, i only need to worry about 2-3 stats being 31 right? I only want to max out speed and spa or maybe add 4 evs to hp.

I know this is alot of questions, but this would really help me out in the future. Especially here at Smogon, where people like iv bred pokemon!

That chart looks great, i bookmarked it. I would however, still really appreciate a short answer, and opinion on how i've done so far?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I really could use some help tonight. Im iv breeding in Emerald, Ralts to be specific.

I have a modest female holding the everstone with a flawless 31 spa stat as told to me be the battle frontier old man. She is also '' quite impressive in ability'' according to him.

The male i have is impish [ male nature doesen't matter right?] and is also modest. He also has a 31 spa and is ''quite impressive in ability''.

19 out of 20 of my eggs are '' quite impressive in ability'' and have a flawless 31 iv in spa.

Ok i've mastered breeding that spa iv, as you can see. Well now i want Ralts to have a 31 in speed, how do i do this?

Basically, you will need to keep breeding, using parents with better and better speed IVs as you get them. Eventually you will start getting speed IVs like you now get Sp. Att. IVs.

When breeding for my own competitive use, i only need to worry about 2-3 stats being 31 right? I only want to max out speed and spa or maybe add 4 evs to hp.

The most important ones are the Speed and Special Attack IVs, but really the more, the better. It is more to do with how much effort you are willing to put in, relative to the amount of gain each successive 31 IV is worth. You can really get by with just Speed and Special Attack, although remember that you will need to adjust some EV spreads if you do not have all 31's

I know this is alot of questions, but this would really help me out in the future. Especially here at Smogon, where people like iv bred pokemon!

The most important ones are the Speed and Special Attack IVs, but really the more, the better. It is more to do with how much effort you are willing to put in, relative to the amount of gain each successive 31 IV is worth. You can really get by with just Speed and Special Attack, although remember that you will need to adjust some EV spreads if you do not have all 31's

/quote

Ok that alone just really helped me tons.

If i plan on putting 252 evs in a 31 speed and 252 in a 31 spa, why do i care about my other ivs? Aren't they going to be worthless now, to a degree? What if i just want to add a random 4 to hp or something?
This is really the only questions i have left, thanks to you!

Texas Cloverleaf

Your Attack stat will be pointless but if you want your Gardevoir to be able to take hits well it needs solid IV's in the defensive stats.

Question:
How does one make a link appear as a title? For example, how would I make the links in my sig appear as the word on the Hide tag?

Your Attack stat will be pointless but if you want your Gardevoir to be able to take hits well it needs solid IV's in the defensive stats.

Question:
How does one make a link appear as a title? For example, how would I make the links in my sig appear as the word on the Hide tag?
Very interesting.

So even if i do not plan on adding an evs to the defensive stats, the ivs affect them? My base stats will be different if i have love spd and def stats?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)