Overload in RU V.2

He is my RU Team! I have spent a Lot of work on it over the past 2 weeks and still knows it needs more. I had a lot Pokemon on this team. I took many of your suggestions and this is making the team even better! I hope I can still get in the top with this. Without further ado here it is...​

Rolly Polly (Scolipede) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn

Suggested here so now it is in my Team! This guy is my spiker. He usually is able to get off 2 Layers of Toxic spikes. I began to notice there are less Rapid Spinners these days so this really helps him out. If the foe is leading with Alakzam, Uxie, or some other pokemon that Megohorn Is super effective on I hit it! My only fear is that I will be countered by a Focus Sash Alakazam. Rock slide is used for moltres and other Rock weak pokemon. I was thinking of getting rid of Spikes because I do not use them very much. He also works well for getting a safe switch in for sharedo by drawing Psychic attacks.

Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Foresight

My Rapid spinner of the team! I am not completely thrilled with him but I havent really been with any Rapid Spinners. He is one of the ones I work the best with. His Fighting typing is useful. I am able to hit Normal types much easier now. I was thinking of replacing Hi Jump Kick with Mach punch. Ice Punch is there to deal with Altaria and other dragons. Foresight is to be able to rapid spin on ghost and can hit Sayable for Super Effective Damage.

BloodinWater (Sharpedo) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Protect

My mean and main sweeper on my team. This guy is awesome. He can wreck things in the late game to secure the win. He has trouble with pokemon that survive his first hit and usually KO him. He is constanly getting knocked out by Rotom Volt Switch.Other problems are Substitute users and bulky water types.​

Souls (Spirtomb) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

This is just a random Sportomb set I found. However I want to find a better set than this. Spirtomb is he same as saybleye in typing. I mainly try to wall something where I can set up try to sweep. I however am most likely going to switch to a status indictment set, an offensive one is not as successful. I would very much appreciate a new set suggestion.

Moltrois (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This Moltres set was a very effective set I found. Before this special attacks were basically non-existent on my team. I switched Flamethrower with fire blast which really burns team to the ground. HP rock is used to get rid of other moltres.
Moltres usually is able to out speed most things.​

Lilli (Lilligant) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 144 SAtk / 52 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder

I really like this one! Lilli orginally was suppose to be a Cleric and helper for my team but turned out to be one of my best sweepers. It can knock off a couple Quiver Dances and tear teams apart. I only use Giga Drain but it is enough! Only problem is sap sippers. I was thinking of using an Own Tempo Petal Dance set but I really like the recovery I get from Giga drain

So what do you think? I am very hoping for your responses![/CENTER]

I wonder why you have HP Electric on accelgor. Is it to hit resisting Flying-types or something? (I'd suggest HP Rock for that; more pain to Yanmega and Moltres!) In any case, it seems like a fine spiker. well, as fine as Accelgor can be.

Claydol really shouldn't be trying to mess up sweepers with the TrickScarf strategy. I think you'll be at least a bit more satisfied with Leftovers over Choice Scarf and either Toxic or Ice Beam over Trick.

Ah, Sharpedo. I freakin' love this shark, and it does tear teams to shreds if played right. Of course, I wonder: have you tried a mixed set with a Mild nature? Sharpedo gets a much better STAB with Hydro Pump, and Ice Beam easily beats Earthquake in terms of coverage.

I wonder if you'd be satisfied running a Dual Screens set with Cresselia. The extra defenses on both sides can really help sweepers.

You know, if you're running a Cotton Guard set, I'd run a Careful nature instead; since Defense is already well-covered, Sp. Defense needs as much investment as it can get. Otherwise, it seems like a fine (though Taunt-weak) set.

Even if Hyper Beam is basically instant death to one Poke, it's a free setup turn to another. In this metagame, you do not want to give free setup turns. You want to be swept by a Venomoth? I didn't think so. Tri Attack is the way to go; after all, in two turns, two Tri Attacks are more powerful and reliable than one Hyper Beam.

Hope I helped.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Since your team looks like it's based around abusing entry hazards to set up a Sharpedo sweep, I'd suggest the following changes to abuse said entry hazards:

U-turn over Yawn on Accelgor. It'll give you momentum and Yawn is really a pretty terrible move. U-turn over Extrasensory on Moltres. Extrasensory is probably the worst move you could have on a Scarf Moltres.

It's hard to give you a good rate though since I have no idea what playstyle you like to use, what weaknesses you know your team has, or what the overarching goal of the team is. These are the kinds of things you should put in the OP.

Well despite this being kind of in violation of RMT rules due to lack of substantial description the team really needs some help. The first change I have to make is replacing Accelogr with Scolipede. It sounds wierd but Toxic Spikes is invaluable against facing Stall teams that would give you a lot of trouble. Similar typing but its Poison typing is benfecial to lure in Psychic moves for Sharpedo to set up on. It still has great attacking stats and coverage. Unfortunately it does miss out on U-turn but Scolipede does get the just as viable Baton Pass and still outspeeds most RU Pokemon.

You also have a huge Rock weakness, therefore cant stand up to Rhydon/ Rhyperior. I recommend a rock resist with a neutrality to ground in place of Uxie that can set up SR like Sandslash. Gligar is also an option despite not resisting Rock he has the recovery that Uxie doesnt have and can beat Rhyperior. Thats all I have specifics wise for now. But, you should really pay more attention to type synergy and cobering threats. Good luck :)

Hi BS, got the visitor message.

Accelgor is a good Pokemon, I don't use him but 145 or whatever base speed must be useful.

I hate Blastoise, please replace him, but he does work actually. On the other hand you only need one water. I peaked at 42 with zero.

If you google "sharpedo is the new yanmega" I'll bet you'll get quite a few results. Sharpedo is amazing thanks to the DW Speed Boost.

Umbreon isn't that good, there are better special walls, although that set is pretty good.

Whenever I see Moltres I laugh as it is always the underdog to Entei and this is no exception. Entei is the best fire type in the tier full stop. The only thing Moltres has going for it is Roost, which isn't even on your set. In sun Moltres has the same potential as Entei thanks to a higher SpA for solarbeam. Also, hidden power is never competitive unless it's 4x effective, which in Grass's case only means Rhyperior and Gastrodon.

Uxie is good and always will be. Keep it. I'd never thought of knock off but you're right it really messes up evioliters.

Switch Blastoise or Moltres for Entei. That's the first thing to do. If you decide to keep Moltres, give it Roost.

One way to change the team would be to make it a sun team - give Uxie Sunny Day and Heat Rock and switch Blastoise for Entei. Then give Moltres Solarbeam. But I wouldn't recommend it seeing as you'd get thrashed by rain teams (however rare they are). You'd have no problem with hail though (very rare). So, sun is not recommended.

I will try the Entei idea. The only reason I do not use it because a not thrilling 115 base attack and that most of my team is physical.

However it pretty much given I need a Rapid Spinner.

Hi BS, got the visitor message.

Accelgor is a good Pokemon, I don't use him but 145 or whatever base speed must be useful.

I hate Blastoise, please replace him, but he does work actually. On the other hand you only need one water. I peaked at 42 with zero.

If you google "sharpedo is the new yanmega" I'll bet you'll get quite a few results. Sharpedo is amazing thanks to the DW Speed Boost.

Umbreon isn't that good, there are better special walls, although that set is pretty good.

Whenever I see Moltres I laugh as it is always the underdog to Entei and this is no exception. Entei is the best fire type in the tier full stop. The only thing Moltres has going for it is Roost, which isn't even on your set. In sun Moltres has the same potential as Entei thanks to a higher SpA for solarbeam. Also, hidden power is never competitive unless it's 4x effective, which in Grass's case only means Rhyperior and Gastrodon.

Uxie is good and always will be. Keep it. I'd never thought of knock off but you're right it really messes up evioliters.

Switch Blastoise or Moltres for Entei. That's the first thing to do. If you decide to keep Moltres, give it Roost.

One way to change the team would be to make it a sun team - give Uxie Sunny Day and Heat Rock and switch Blastoise for Entei. Then give Moltres Solarbeam. But I wouldn't recommend it seeing as you'd get thrashed by rain teams (however rare they are). You'd have no problem with hail though (very rare). So, sun is not recommended.
Just because a Pokemon is good doesnt mean it deserves a place on his team. Entei does absolutely nothing for his team where is Moltres can counter Yanmega well. You also should njot use Entei without a spinner, in fact most teams really need a spinner. Sunny day is an entirely different team it would have to change the structure completely Sharpedo and Blastoise would both have to go and his spinner is really necessary. Uxie is good yes but doesnt prtovide any useful synergy. unlike Gligar or another Stealth Rocker. Gligar can abuse Knock off too IIRC.

The only reason I do not use it because a not thrilling 115 base attack and that most of my team is physical.

However it pretty much given I need a Rapid Spinner.
115 is not thrilling? It's better Attack than all of the non-gen-V RU Pokemon I can think of. I know Moltres has higher SpA but Entei still is devastating.

Re: spinner, switch Moltres for Entei and use Blastoise as a spinner-cum-special wall.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Hi, decent team here. I remember facing this team once or twice on the ladder.

Your main trouble is with the bulky-Water types, and really bulky things in general. Your offensive core of Sharpedo / Moltres has no way to go through something like Blastoise or Umbreon. On the other hand, you have really no means of recovery other than Umbreon's Wish / Heal Bell. Sadly, Umbreon is hazard fodder for stall. This leaves you unfortunately really weak to stall teams in general.

Let's start with your Blastoise set, with a lot of Slash-itis. You should go for Toxic over Foresight. This allows you to toxic opposing bulky waters like Alomomola and Walrein, and bulky spinblockers like Misdreavus, Frillish, Dusknoir, etc. You should run extra Speed EVs to make sure to outspeed walrein and Toxic--otherwise, you will lose 100% to all opposing Hail teams using Walrein. In similar vein, you should use Roar over Ice beam, as for things that you'd ice beam (like grassers) you're better off switching out.

Your Uxie set looks rather confused. Yes, it sets up SR, and it tries to Knock off to annoy stallers. But, you have to realize that Uxie can't do anything beyond that to stallers, and offensive mons / substitute mons will eat that Uxie alive because it can't do anything back. I suggest the following set:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Prankster
Bold, 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Recover
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade

This thing destroys stall. Especially with Heal Bell support from Umbreon, even Scald Burns can't get in the way. Prevents Substitute users from getting those up, and even if you mess up, Night Shade is there for consistent damage and Sub-breaking. Fire types that switch into this give a natural switch to Blasty and Sharpedo. In case you set up Spikes, you can spinblock as well. Experiment with 252 / 252 Calm spread as well and see which one works out better.

I feel that something completely anti-stall would work better in place of Uxie. So you can also try things like Aromatherapy Lilligant over Uxie as well.
Lilligant @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Timid, 92 HP / 224 SpA / 192 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Aromatherapy

Choose this or the Sableye. This option completes an offensive FGW core that seems really promising.

Now, you don't have your Stealth Rocks anymore. So, you should try to find a place to get that SR in, but I can't really think of a way to do so at the moment without ripping your whole team apart. Maybe you could opt for Claydol > Blastoise for that SR, but that does open up some other weaknesses to Ice-types.

Hope I helped!

Hi, decent team here. I remember facing this team once or twice on the ladder.

Your main trouble is with the bulky-Water types, and really bulky things in general. Your offensive core of Sharpedo / Moltres has no way to go through something like Blastoise or Umbreon. On the other hand, you have really no means of recovery other than Umbreon's Wish / Heal Bell. Sadly, Umbreon is hazard fodder for stall. This leaves you unfortunately really weak to stall teams in general.

Let's start with your Blastoise set, with a lot of Slash-itis. You should go for Toxic over Foresight. This allows you to toxic opposing bulky waters like Alomomola and Walrein, and bulky spinblockers like Misdreavus, Frillish, Dusknoir, etc. You should run extra Speed EVs to make sure to outspeed walrein and Toxic--otherwise, you will lose 100% to all opposing Hail teams using Walrein. In similar vein, you should use Roar over Ice beam, as for things that you'd ice beam (like grassers) you're better off switching out.

Your Uxie set looks rather confused. Yes, it sets up SR, and it tries to Knock off to annoy stallers. But, you have to realize that Uxie can't do anything beyond that to stallers, and offensive mons / substitute mons will eat that Uxie alive because it can't do anything back. I suggest the following set:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Prankster
Bold, 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Recover
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade

This thing destroys stall. Especially with Heal Bell support from Umbreon, even Scald Burns can't get in the way. Prevents Substitute users from getting those up, and even if you mess up, Night Shade is there for consistent damage and Sub-breaking. Fire types that switch into this give a natural switch to Blasty and Sharpedo. In case you set up Spikes, you can spinblock as well. Experiment with 252 / 252 Calm spread as well and see which one works out better.

I feel that something completely anti-stall would work better in place of Uxie. So you can also try things like Aromatherapy Lilligant over Uxie as well.
Lilligant @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Timid, 92 HP / 224 SpA / 192 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Aromatherapy

Choose this or the Sableye. This option completes an offensive FGW core that seems really promising.

Now, you don't have your Stealth Rocks anymore. So, you should try to find a place to get that SR in, but I can't really think of a way to do so at the moment without ripping your whole team apart. Maybe you could opt for Claydol > Blastoise for that SR, but that does open up some other weaknesses to Ice-types.

Hope I helped!
Agree whole heartedly. I still really like the idea of Scolipede over Accelgor as Toxic Spikes are such a huge asset to your team. With Toxic Spikes you can beat: Alomamola, Walrein and Bulky waters and stall in general. Toxic Spikes are great with Sharpedo as common counters to him (Blastoise, Alomomola) really hate those Toxic Spikes. Lillgant also really appreciates Toxic Spikes support. If you do decide to go with Entei ( which I dont recommend) I would run SubCM with HP Grass because it doesnt leave you completely open to Rhyperior and bulky Waters unlike Moltres. Sub CM is also another thing that really likes T-Spikes (note the pattern). But, once again I maintain Moltres is superior with better Yanmega checking abilities. Id say run offensive Sub Roost on Moltres especially with Spikes and Toxic Spikes as it can force more switches and I see Scarf as outclassed by Entei and Typhlosion but you really need a scarfer on your team. You metion Durant but it doesnt really deserve a place on the team. If you want to test him out Id build a new team because he needs a lot fo team support to shine and your team doent offer that.Durant does nothing that Moltras and Sharpedo cant do and has prettybad type synergy with the rest of your team. Your team doesnt need more frail sweepers because Moltres and Sharpedo form a good enough core anyway. Your team needs to focus on support and type synergy first. :)

@ HS, I do not use Entei because I have Sharepdo which is Faster than Entei and has higher attack. After Speed boost Sharedo is great. I was however think of a SharkBand Set.

@ Amarillio, thank you for your great suggestions. I will certainly go with them. I picked the Sayabeye set because it looked most promising to me. Plus it is a great Spin Blocker

@ Cloud 8 you convinced me! I will now begin testing out Scolipede. It does look nice to me having two different types of entry hazard. Also I won't need as many Toxic inducers on my team.

I also will be looking into Hitmochan as a Spinner. A nice Fighting Stab seems promising.

I will update the team momentarily.

Also does any one have a good Scolipede set?

So I was told to give a rate here, but I don't know a lot about RU, oh well, I'll still help, Comments in Bold

He is my RU Team! I have spent a Lot of work on it over the past 2 weeks and still knows it needs more. I had a lot Pokemon on this team. I took many of your suggestions and this is making the team even better! I hope I can still get in the top with this. Without further ado here it is...​

Rolly Polly (Scolipede) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Poison Point
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn

EQ over Rock Slide might work here, otherwise, just watch out for Flame Body or Rough Skin Users switching in, as well as Fake Out (is Ambipom RU?) as they could Ruin you. Use that Poison point to your advantage!
Perhaps making it max HP is an option? That way you can survive longer...

Suggested here so now it is in my Team! This guy is my spiker. He usually is able to get off 2 Layers of Toxic spikes. I began to notice there are less Rapid Spinners these days so this really helps him out. If the foe is leading with Alakzam, Uxie, or some other pokemon that Megohorn Is super effective on I hit it! My only fear is that I will be countered by a Focus Sash Alakazam. Rock slide is used for moltres and other Rock weak pokemon. I was thinking of getting rid of Spikes because I do not use them very much. He also works well for getting a safe switch in for sharedo by drawing Psychic attacks. Scolipede is fast, and Packs Megahorn - I doubt any Psychic types would bother - This guy is more Likely to draw Rock and Fire Attacks, which is why EQ is better than Rock Slide

Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Foresight

Drain Punch (or Sky Uppercut) over Hi jump Kick - You get recovery and the Iron Fist Bonus - Hi-Jump Kick is better on Hitmonlee, who gets the Reckless Bonus...

My Rapid spinner of the team! I am not completely thrilled with him but I havent really been with any Rapid Spinners. He is one of the ones I work the best with. His Fighting typing is useful. I am able to hit Normal types much easier now. I was thinking of replacing Hi Jump Kick with Mach punch. Mach Punch is only useful by replacing Ice Punch, Thanks to Foresight, You can hit everything, while only having to worry about Flying/non-SE types, which aren't too common in RU. Ice Punch is there to deal with Altaria and other dragons. Foresight is to be able to rapid spin on ghost and can hit Sayable for Super Effective Damage.

BloodinWater (Sharpedo) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Protect

My mean and main sweeper on my team. This guy is awesome. He can wreck things in the late game to secure the win. He has trouble with pokemon that survive his first hit and usually KO him. He is constanly getting knocked out by Rotom Volt Switch.Other problems are Substitute users and bulky water types. Dunno much about Sharpedo, but perhaps adding your own sub might be an Idea???

Two Gem Eyes (Sableye) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Recover

Saybleye is pretty great. He messes up half of a team with Will-O-Wisp and Night Shade. His recover is great to endure hits while the foe is slowly burning away. Taunt is to stop things from setting up which is useful. Ah, Stallbleye - Consider Giving him Lefties or Lum Berry over Sash, as you already have Recover for healing

Moltrois (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This Moltres set was a very effective set I found. Before this special attacks were basically non-existent on my team. I switched Flamethrower with fire blast which really burns team to the ground. HP rock is used to get rid of other moltres.
Moltres usually is able to out speed most things.​
I suggest using Moltres as an AntiLead, as if the opponent has Rocks up and Brings in Archeops, you will be stuck with half HP on Moltres for a switchin, Meaning you can only come in twice, and if they have a Priority or Pursuit (that Resists your choice-locked move) switchin, you'll only get one shot

Lilli (Lilligant) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 144 SAtk / 52 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder

I really like this one! Lilli orginally was suppose to be a Cleric and helper for my team but turned out to be one of my best sweepers. It can knock off a couple Quiver Dances and tear teams apart. I only use Giga Drain but it is enough! Only problem is sap sippers. I was thinking of using an Own Tempo Petal Dance set but I really like the recovery I get from Giga drain

I've heard a lot about Liligant -Make sure you watch out for things that Resist that Giga Drain - Namely Sawsbuck - Sap Sipper Will allow him to get a bonus off you, and then sweep, even if you can Sleep him, you still have to switch out as he walls you... I suggest giving it HP fire (or something similar) rather than Sleep Powder or Aromatherapy if you want it to sweep better - if you want it to be a better Cleric, Swap Quiver Dance out for something that can support the team better - like Leech Seed or Wish (I don't know its movepool, so it likely won't get wish)
So what do you think? I am very hoping for your responses![/CENTER]
I see a big Archeops/Sawsbuck Weakness - The two of them together on a team might just spell defeat for you... Be careful... Sure you can WoW them, but what if they have a fire type?

After going through your team a bit, I see a strong Omastar weakness here.
Though it can't get in easily, once it does and uses Shell Smash, it can run through your team like a hot knife through butter, especially with Hitmonchan down.
Though it's not that much of a bother if you play smart.
But besides that and the other threats mentioned, the team is pretty solid.

Sableye is begging for leftovers. Nothing is hitting sableye hard enough to OHKO it, and lefties, followed by a priority recovery makes for very effective stalling.

Your complicated intellectual analysis of pokemon is riveting and refreshing this is for example good enough to pass that guy in third place. Btw pass that guy in third place erm whatever his name is

I'd keep hitmonchans hi jump kick. it seems like hes pretty tankish so he should be able to take it, especially with leftovers on him. Also, why does Sableye need focus sash after you just ev'ed his defenses and hp? I would replace it with an item that a tank or wall would us, like leftovers. Finally, i'd switch out fireblast for flamethrower on moltres. You don't want to get pressured out, our lose all of its pp to a wall, especially since choice scarf locks you into it. Besides that though, your team seems pretty solid, hard to find any other weaknesses.

I'm not sure if you are still looking for suggestions since it has been three weeks since the last post in this thread, but I can't help but point out the glaring Honchkrow weakness. I would suggest a Klinklang or an Aggron to force Honchkrow to switch out and lose its Moxie boosts, while also being able to reliably defeat Honchkrow 1 on 1. I would suggest this over Lilligant, as your team is in need of a bulky physical attacker. If you have any questions about sets, I'd be happy to help. GL :)

I have a dead thread?

Also I guess I will be reviving this thread. Currently I have been using dusk our to replace my SAYBLEYE and it sucks so much.

@ Batman I really like that Idea, by any chance you think you have a gods set for me that will fit into my teams synergy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)