Weather-less Offensive Team

I recently got into Pokemon and I had a Rain team a while back with Genesect and since it got banned I kinda had to scrap it. Then I had to take quick break due to school and to try and construct a new. This time around I decided to make a weatherless team to switch it up a bit. I'm still new to the metagame so my team/my descriptions might reflect that.

Team Overview

The Team

Deborah (Deoxys-Defense) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

I chose Deoxys-D to set-up hazards and then die if I dont see any spinners on the opponent's team. I usually dont lead with it if I see a spinner on the other team since I would have wasted it and I would be without hazards support to pull off a sweep. Once I get hazards up I just keep it around in case I need death fodder later on. Taunt in order to prevent any hazards settlers or lock sub users into sub to give me a chance to Roar them out or go Landorus get a RP go from there. Night Shade is the only attacks and gives me a way to hit Xatu or Espeon when they come in to bounce back any hazards I try to get up.

Batista (Heatran) @ Leftovers Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature Timid Nature
- Lava Plume Flamethrower
- Roar Earth Power
- Toxic Hidden Power Ice
- Protect Stealth Rock

Change: Heatran is now a more offensive since the defensive set didnt really fit the team and stalled momentum. Credit Dr Ciel

Heatran is for the support of Heracross taking any flying and fire attacks that Heracross hates. I took a more support set since I have most of the offensive duties given to Heracross, Swampert and Landorus. Also a decent shuffler to rack up damage from hazards. Toxic, Roar and Protect are just support moves for longevity, residual damage and wear down threats from hazards. Lava Plume is my only attack. I chose it as its a good STAB and has a good chance of Burning and crippling some Heatran switch in such as Landorus.

Dexter (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Heracross may be a UU Pokemon but I find it works well in OU if you can give it the some help. I chose Moxie over Guts mainly to compensate for the fact that I'm running Jolly instead Adamant. Sleep Talk is only for any time I find myself needing something to take a Spore from Breloom. So I can lock myself into Sleep Talk and not having Heracross be completely useless. Close Combat is my main STAB during sweep time. Megahorn is my main defense for other Deoxys-D and Stone Edge for any potential Tornadus-T switch hoping to scare me out.

Masuka (Swampert) @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Change
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Surf
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power [Ice]
Changed CB Swampert to Specs Keldeo. Credit Novaray

The decision here was between Gastrodon and Swampert to complete my core. I chose Swampert for the offensive prowess it has over Gastrodon. The moveset is pretty standard. Waterfall hits Gliscor hard, can 2OHKO Skarmory in the Rain. Ice Punch hits Celebi and Dragonite for good damage. Superpower is my defense for Ferrothorn which deals 73%-86% on Standard Ferrothorn. 84 Speed allows me to outspeed min Skarmory and hit with Superpower or Waterfall.

Lt. LaGuerta (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 Def / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Switched Jirachi for Gengar for spin blocking purposes. Credit Novaray

I took a more physically defense set since I didnt have anything physical. Flash Cannon gives me a good way to deal with Tyranitar. I didn't use Thunder since I'm not running Rain and T-bolt fills slot since I may not be going up against a Rain all the time. I could probably have chosen a better set since I can't really define its role on the team as of now. Right now it's just around for Wish support hitting Tyranitar with Flash Cannon.

Sgt. Doakes (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sgt. Doakes doesnt play game. This is set is just for sweeping purpose. After setting up a RP, it often spells good game. It will put a huge dent in just about anything. The set is pretty standard Earth Power, Focus Blast allows me to get the most out of Sheer Force LO combo. Rock Polish is there to give me more speed since I'm running a Modest to maximize damage output. After a RP I outspeed just about anything left on the other team. Hidden Power Ice gives me a way to deal with any Gliscors, and grass types.

There you have my team. I'm still working on a Threat list which I will probably update in the future with it included. I feel like I could use a spin blocker but I'm not sure where I could add one in. Any RMT suggestions I'll make in Red. Thank you for your help. Below is the importable format.

IMPORTABLE FORMAT

Debbie (Deoxys-Defense) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Night Shade

Batista (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect

Dexter (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Masuka (Swampert) @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Lt. LaGuerta (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 Def / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Sgt. Doakes (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

Cool HO team you got there. HO is becoming quite popular these days, isn't it? Anyways, this team seems to be very well put together, so props on that, and hopefully with this rate, it can become even better. Okay, up first, on Deoxys-D, I would run a Suicide Lead Set over your current one. The set is quite obvious as Deoxys-D sets up hazards, take out a Poke or two and then get taken out, paving the way for one of your sweepers. Up next, on Heatran, I would use the classic Offensive Set over your current one, because his current set throws off the momentum that HO is supposed to have. With the offensive set, Heatran has a wide variety of coverage moves to use to KO a wide array of threats in the OU meta. Moving on, I would change Jirachi to a Sub CM Set over your current one. With the Sub CM set, Jirachi can easily set up a sub and start boosting up without having to worry about status. Well, that's all I really have to say for this team. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Deoxys @ Fire Gem Lv. 100 -- Pressure

Nature: Timid - EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd

- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psycho Boost
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Air Balloon Lv. 100 -- Flash Fire

Nature: Timid - EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Serene Grace

Nature: Timid - EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Hi,

Cool team you have here, I like a lot the use of Heracross anyway let's start with the rate!

First of all, your team has a big weakness to rain teams because you haven't any water resistor. For example, Keldeo can 6-0'd you quite easily. To fix this weakness, I suggest you to use Gastrodon, replacing Swampert. It has a similiar typing and a fantastic ability called Storm Drain which is very useful against rains team. I will post its set below in this same rate. Then, I suggest you to use only 248 EVs in HP on Heatran. 248 EVs in HP allows to take less damages from Stealth Rock and Spikes and that can be useful in many chances. Finally, on Deoxys-D I'd use Mental Herb, replacing Rocky Helmet. Mental Herb allows to block many taunt faster than Deoxys-D like Terrakion, Tornadus-T and so on which would taunt it before to place any entry hazard.

Here's the set you would use:

Gastrodon-East (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Good luck, hope I helped!

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi there! Nice HO team! I love ScarfCross x)

The first thing that i want suggest is to make a small change to deoxys' set, personally I've tried lots of sets and I think that the best is the four support moves @ red card, which allows you can put the most number of hazards but at the same time thanks to the combo taunt + red card you can disallow that the opponent uses deoxys as setup fodder, then Magic Coat prevents that faster pokémon use taunt on you for stop your hazards setting.
The second thing that i want suggest is replace CBSwampert with SpecsKeldeo gaining much speed but also the ability to wallbreaking thanks to the two mainstab with you can hit physical and special walls.
You also gain an excellent water resistor 'cause rain team can give you some problems but with keldeo can also take advantage of the boost in the rain better than swampert because the pony has higher speed.
I want give on this keldeo HP Ghost as last slot 'cause your team have a little weakness to Jellicent, you can make a sure 2hko on BoldJelli if there is stealth rock on the field.
Keldeo also has an excellent synergy with Heracross.
Last thing, as said DrCiel, is better that you should enter subcalmmind Jirachi.
Thanks to sub you can gain an easy setup on much pokémon, for example: ferrotnorn against which avoid having to put the seeds on you while you boost yourself, Forretress, Amoonguss and stuff.
The set is the standard: timid with 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spd for do substitutes from 101 hp to fuck Blissey and chansey's seismic toss.
The coverage moves are Thunderbolt and Psyshock getting a great Wallbreaker able to hit almost every wall with capacity to hit special and physical defenses.

Sets:
>Magic Coat over Night Shade, Red Card over Rocky Helmet @ Deoxys
>Keldeo over Swampert
>SubCalmMind set @ Jirachi

Keldeo (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi BlackRussian

This is a solid Hyper Offense team with some neat quirks such as Heracross and Swampert that will help surprise your opponent. I do have some suggestions I'd like to offer to help improve your team. First off, you have arguably the best entry hazard setter in OU in Deoxys-D and the Stealth Rock and Spikes damage opposing Pokemon will take will really help your team nab certain OHKO's and 2HKO's. In order to keep these hazards up and maintain offensive pressure, you will need a Ghost type to block Rapid Spinners. For this reason, I suggest replacing Jirachi with a Substitute+Disable Gengar with a moveset of Substitute / Disable / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast. Gengar can easily come in on common Rapid Spin users such as Forretress and Donphan and set up a Substitute. From behind a sub, Gengar is now safe from status moves and potential revenge killers and can fire off Shadow Balls and Focus Blasts that provide great coverage together. Disable is great as many Pokemon only carry one attack that can break Gengar's subs so they are forced to switch out and take additional entry hazard damage. It also works great against Choice-locked Pokemon and common stall Pokemon such as Politoed and Tentacruel that carry Scald as their only attacking move. Gengar helps your team take advantage of your team's entry hazard.

Now another suggestion I have is replacing Choice Band Swampert with a Choice Specs Keldeo with a moveset of Hydro Pump / Surf / Secret Sword / Hidden Power [Ice]. Having an HO team, you really want to have fast Pokemon that put pressure on the opponent so that if they switch out, you can outspeed their switch in and 2HKO with the help of entry hazards. Specs Keldeo is one of the strongest wallbreakers in the metagame. Hydro Pump is a very powerful STAB attack and Keldeo is able to beat the bane of Special attackers, Blissey, with a STAB Secret Sword that acts as a pseudo-physical attack. Hidden Power [Ice] hits the likes of Lati@s, Dragonite, and Celebi that would otherwise trouble the pony. Keldeo is also a great partner to Heracross as he easily handles Pokemon that give Heracross trouble such as Gliscor, Landorus, and Skarmory, which opens up your opponent to a late game sweep from Heracross.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Sets:
Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
-Hydro Pump
-Surf
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power [Ice]

tl;dr
Jirachi ----> Substitute+Disable Gengar
Choice Band Swampert ----> Choice Specs Keldeo

I switched CB Swampert for Specs Keldeo. Changed Heatran to a more offensive set. Testing Gengar over Rachi. I have question for @Dr Ciel, why Fire Gem HP Fire on Deoxys? for Scizor?

My other question is if I swap Swampert for Specs Keldeo I would only have one Pokemon that is Physically oriented (Heracross). Wouldnt that cause me issues or would it be ok?

Thank You everyone for the rates. I'll have a threat list made and finished tomorrow. Other rates are still welcome.

You know, looking over this team there are only one or two suggestions I have that haven't already been covered above.

Looking over your team, you're fairly weak to Water attacks, with no resists and two weaknesses. I recommend changing Deoxys-D completely into a set-up Ferrothorn set.

Another quick tip - if you don't go with that, definitely at least change Swampert into a Gastrodon with Storm Drain. You have a few physical Pokémon already, and Gastrodon is actually quite the offensive threat on its own.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I switched CB Swampert for Specs Keldeo. Changed Heatran to a more offensive set. Testing Gengar over Rachi. I have question for @Dr Ciel, why Fire Gem HP Fire on Deoxys? for Scizor?

My other question is if I swap Swampert for Specs Keldeo I would only have one Pokemon that is Physically oriented (Heracross). Wouldnt that cause me issues or would it be ok?

Thank You everyone for the rates. I'll have a threat list made and finished tomorrow. Other rates are still welcome.
Fire Gem HP Fire is to surprise Scizor looking to come in and deal massive damage with U-turn as well as for Ferrothorn and Forretress looking to set up entry hazards and spin away the ones you yourself set up in the case of Forretress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)