Drizzle "Accidental VoltTurn" Team

Drizzle "Accidental VoltTurn" Team

I built this Drizzle Team around Tornadus-T and suddenly when I met the Pokemons that would support Tornadus-T, it comes out to be a VoltTurn team in an accident and not on purpose. That's why I named it Drizzle "Accidental VoltTurn" Team.

See Building Around Tornadus-T! for clarifications.
Team Preview

Balanced Team

"This team isn't Offensive nor Stall team so I consider it as a Balanced Team."

Balanced team, a more bulky style than offense, based more around countering offensive threats rather than using your own, using type synergy, and general bulk, and commonly bulky sweepers at the end of the game, this style of team relies on prediction and knowledge of the metagame. Finally, when their team is weakened, the bulky sweeper comes in to finish their team weakened from the residual damage you have racked up during the game.
Building Around Tornadus-T!

I built this team around Tornadus-T because of how Impressive it was, a 121 base Spe which outspeed most non-Choice Scarf Pokemon, a 110 base Sp.Atk with its powerful STAB Hurricane hurts and deals a lot of damage to many Pokemon in the metagame, and Therian-Form grants Tornadus the ability "Regenerator" which heals 1/3 of its maximum HP upon switching out which helps to gain longevity despite of its poor defensive stats.

Since Tornadus-T needs Rain Support to abuse its STAB Hurricane, Defensive Politoed was an obvious pick.

Although Tornadus-T has Regenerator Ability, Stealth Rock would still be problematic so Rapid Spin Support is ideal. I pick Tentacruel for its decent defensive stats and longevity under the rain with its "Rain Dish" ability.

Since rain is vulnerable to Water, Grass, and Electric-Type moves a defensive grass/dragon Pokemon is ideal. Ferrothorn with both excellent Defense and Special Defense stats fits this role well. Plus, it has access to Stealth Rock and Spikes that would help Tornadus-T's job to sweep, and thanks to its Steel-typing that grants Dragon-resistance for the team which is necessary for every team.

Since Mamoswine and Steel-types such as Heatran and Jirachi will get in the way of Tornadus-T's sweep, I picked Rotom-W to deal with them with its Rain-boosted STAB Hydro Pump, also Rotom-W has access to Will-O-Wisp to weaken Physical Sweepers while also racks up opposing Drizzle Team.

Since the team lacks Scarf-Pokemon and/or Priority move to help deal with DD Dragons and other Speed Boosters, Scizor is good at this job. It also traps Blissey via Pursuit which will be a hindrance to Tornadus-T's sweep. Plus, Scizor checks a huge list of threats in OU metagame named Terrakion, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Dragonite and etc. which would be a huge help for the team.

With the three of them, they can perform VoltTurn Technique which would preserve offensive momentum, weakening opposing team with the damages from, U-Turn, Volt Switch and Entry Hazards and find a great opening to sweep. I take it as a bonus because it was totally accidental.
In-Depth Analysis:

Politoed

@
Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Synergy:

~Scald
~Toxic
~Protect
~Perish Song

A core member of the team, "The Rain Inducer". I ran Defensive Politoed because of how much Tornadus-T relies into Rain, so the addition in bulk is helpful to survive the weather war. Scald is the most reliable Water-STAB move and has 30% chance to burn the enemy, Toxic to cripple opposing weather inducers, Protect to scout moves and it synergies well with Toxic and grants you free recovery from Leftovers, Since the team lack Pseudo-Hazers so the likes of SubCM Jirachi will come it and take advantage of it, so I ran Perish Song rather than Encore to force switches and synergies well with Protect.
Tentacruel

@
Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
EV Spread: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Synergy:

~Scald
~Toxic
~Protect
~Rapid Spin

The "Rapid Spinner" Tentacruel defensive ability is superb under the rain thanks to its "Rain Dish" ability. Scald is the most reliable Water-STAB move as it also burn the enemy at 30% chance. Knock Off Over Toxic Spikes or Toxic, the absence of Toxic Spikes benefits the team because Toxic Spikes might just get in the way of Ferrothorn and Rotom-W to cripple statuses, while Politoed has access to Toxic then I decide to run Knock Off. Knock Off is for those who try to switch-in to Tentacruel and tries to kill it, ended-up knocking off their Life Orbs, Choices, Leftovers and etc. While Tornadus-T enjoys shrugged-off Choice-Scarfs as they lose the chance to outspeed it. Protect to scout moves and gain free HP recovery from Rain Dish and Black Slude. Rapid Spin to blew away entry hazards.
Ferrothorn

@
Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Careful
EV Spread: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Synergy:

~Stealth Rock
~Leech Seed
~Thunder Wave
~Power Whip

The "Defensive Core" Ferrothorn is always seen in almost every Drizzle Team, Ferrothorn resist Water, Grass and Electric-moves which is Drizzle Team's down side, and thanks to its Steel-typing that grants Dragon-resistance for the team which is necessary for every team. Stealth Rock alone is enough because VoltTurn will force many switches and take damages from U-Turn, Volt Switch and Stealth Rock, although the addition of Spikes is great but the team lacks a Spin-blocker. Leech Seed to force switches and another source of recovery other than leftovers, Thunder Wave to cripple those who want to set-up against Ferrothorn and end up being paralyzed and it deals with Scarfed Pokemon which would be a problem to Tornadus-T. STAB Power Whip to hit Water-types especially Gastrodon. I run a Sassy Nature Ferrothorn because it would take more Special hits than Physical hits, the addition in Sp.Def is to prevent a clean 2HKO by Tornadus-T's Hurricane, so I could switch it in and tanks Hurricane and paralyze it before getting fainted, also Thunder Wave would help him to deal with Non-Scarf Magnezone, luring Magnezone in and eat Thunder Wave reducing its speed to 25%, a max speed Magnezone with Timid nature paralyzed will be at 60 speed, Ferrothorn can outspeed it and can lay down Leech Seed before it do Substitute.
Rotom-Wash

@
Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Synergy:

~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split

Rotom-W serve offensively as well as defensively into the team, only a singular weakness and a Ground-type immunity to its Levitate. Rotom-W main purpose is to dispatch Mamoswine and Steel-type Pokemon that would get in the way of Tornadus-T's sweep. Volt Switch to preserve offensive momentum, while Rain-Boosted STAB Hydro Pump synergies well with Volt Switch as it takes down Ground-type Pokemon and/or Volt Absorber who tries to block its Volt Switch. Will-O-Wisp to weaken Physical Sweepers, Pain Split is the most reliable Recovery move other than Rest.
Scizor

@
Choice Band
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Synergy:

~U-Turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit

The "Revenge Killer" While benefits fomr the rain reducing its x4 weakness to fire by 50%, Scizor also synergies well with Rotom-W defensively and offensively with their famous VoltTurn Tech. Scizor also checks huge list of threats in OU metagame such as Terrakion, Tyranitar, DD Dragons, Mamoswine and etc that made him #1 Peaked in Wifi OU battles, is a great addition in the team as they can't mess-up with Scizor. STAB U-Turn to hit hard and preserve offensive momentum, Bullet Punch is an obvious one, Superpwer is the most reliable Fighting-type move to hit Heatran at switch-in, Blissey, Chansey and other Pokemon who's weak to Fighting-type moves. Pursuit to trap Latios, Latias, Celebi especially Blissey which can stop Tornadus-T.
Tornadus-T

@
Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Naive
EV Spread: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Synergy:

~U-Turn
~Hurricane
~Superpower
~Taunt

The "Sweeper" the team was built around Tornadus-T because of how much it impresses me, a 121 base Spe which outspeed most non-Choice Scarf Pokemon, a 110 base Sp.Atk with its powerful STAB Hurricane hurts and deals a lot of damage to many Pokemon in the metagame, and Therian-Form grants Tornadus the ability "Regenerator" which heals 1/3 of its maximum HP upon switching out which helps to gain longevity despite of its poor defensive stats. U-Turn is to preserve offensive momentum as well as triggering its Regenerator ability, Superpower is to hit Blissey and Heatran hard, and OHKOs Tyranitar and win the weather war, Taunt to stop Deoxys-D, Ferrothorn, Forrestress, Blissey and other Set-up sweepers. Hurricane itself says it all.
Threats

As you can see the team resits all types of attack and synergies well with each other, so with proper switch-in and prediction it'll be hard for them to break the wall. Although the team has solid defensive approach there are still threats in the team which can break through walls named below.
Coming Soon!
First of all, thank you for reading this thread, I hope there's no error in spelling or grammar because English is not my native language so if there's one feel free to point it out. And of course I'm open for suggestions, criticism and questions you might want to ask. Hope you like it, Thanks!

Here's a another look at my team.
Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- U-Turn
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt

Also see my Sandstorm Team RMT here.

You have a very nice formatting that makes me want to help this team^^ My only suggestion for now is to change the yellow font since it’s not so easy on the eyes.

The team itself seems pretty solid but I do have a few concerns. As you know, set up sweepers can be quite threatening for this team since it relies so much on Scizor for revenge killing. Pokemon like SubCM Jirachi and SubCMKeldeo(rare) can set up on certain members with ease, so that could be annoying. Dragons can be handled decently but again, subCharge Magnezone can set up on Ferro and take out at least two members.

Notice I still haven’t said anything about Volcarona and Toxicroak yet, but you get the idea. I also don’t like the 50/50 games of leading with Politoed or Tornadus-T against lead Breloom - losing a Pokemon to sleep puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Out of curiosity, how do you normally deal with these Pokemon or are they not that much of a threat in practice?

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi sensen22

This is a pretty standard Rain team that is very effective in the current metagame with its balance of offense and defense. You have a nice defensive core with Politoed/Tentacruel/Ferrothorn and a Voltturn core of Scizor/Rotom-W that can wear down the opposition, opening the door for a late game Tornadus-T sweep. Looking at your team, a major threat to it is Swords Dance Toxicroak. Toxicroak can set up against Politoed and Tentacruel as they both cannot touch it and then deal major damage while healing itself with Drain Punch and using a priority Sucker Punch to hit Tornadus-T hard. Swords Dance Lucario is another threat to your team especially after you lose Tentacruel as nothing can take a +2 Close Combat and Tornadus-T cannot take a boosted Extremespeed. Another threat to your team is Nasty Plot Thundurus-T who can sweep you after a Nasty Plot boost with its coverage of Thunder and Focus Blast. For these threats I recommend replacing Rotom-W with a Specially Defensive Zapdos with a moveset of Thunder / Hidden Power Ice / Roost / Roar. Zapdos is a solid special wall who can continue to check Tornadus-T as Rotom-W is currently but can also check the aforementioned physical threats of Toxicroak and Lucario. An EV spread of 248 HP / 184 SDef / 76 Spd with a Timid nature should be used on Zapdos to outspeed both Adamant Toxicroak and Adamant Lucario and hit them with a STAB Thunder. Zapdos will help you with your Thundurus-T weakness slightly as he can live a +2 Thunderbolt and Roar it out to wear it down with Stealth Rock until the point at which Tornadus-T's Hurricane or Scizor's Bullet Punch can KO it. This isn't the most failproof check but it is a decent solution that doesn't open up any more weaknesses. Hidden Power Ice is used to hit Ground, Grass, and Dragon types which Thunder cannot damage, providing Zapdos with some pseudo Boltbeam coverage. Roost allows Zapdos to heal itself, providing more survivability and Roar helps phaze out setup sweepers.

Lastly on Ferrothorn, change his nature from Sassy to Careful. Sassy increases Special Defense and decreases Speed but there is no reason to decrease Ferrothorn's Speed as you are not using Gyro Ball on it. Typically, one would use a Speed decreasing nature on Ferrothorn to power up Gyro Ball but it's not needed here and Careful Nature decreases Special Attack instead which is the right choice as you are not using any Special attacks on Ferrothorn.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 184 SDef / 76 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Thunder
-Hidden Power Ice
-Roost
-Roar

tl;dr
Rotom-W ----> Specially Defensive Zapdos
Sassy Nature on Ferrothorn ----> Careful Nature

As others have said, this is a solid rain team, funny how you accidentally ended up with volturn. Novaray's suggestion of SpD zapdos seems solid, it should help your team with the aforementioned threats. Unfortunately, subCMrachi and thundurus-t still seem like problems, since LO agility thundurus for example can pretty much OHKO everything on the team if SR is up, and zapdos will get worn down by subCMrachi each time it roars it out. One possibility would be to switch ferrothorn for psong Celebi, which beats many of the aforementioned threats handily--it can psong or psychic toxicroak, psong subCMrachi, tank a +2 hit from lucario, and check thundurus, taking a LO hp ice and psychicing. It does make your team more torny-weak though, so switching rotom --> zapdos might be a good idea if you do do this. A good celebi set would be:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SDef / 152 Def / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Perish Song
-Recover
-Psychic
EVs avoid a 2HKO from timid thundurus-t's HP ice, outspeed jolly breloom, and then maximize def. Twave or u-turn could go > psychic in the last slot, but I like being able to do some consistent damage.

Even if you do decide to keep rotom, I'd definitely go for a more defensive spread. I'd probably go 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe Calm, which outspeeds max speed adamant scizor and guarantees you'll live 3 specs hurricanes from tornadus while maximizing overall bulk. If you want a bit more power, you could also go 252 HP / 48 SpA / 120 SpD / 88 Spe modest, which avoids the 3hko from LO hurricane. Either way, I think you'll find the extra bulk welcome.

I think toxic is worth a thought on tentacruel since it allows it to spin vs jellicent, but knock off is cool too.

Otherwise, p cool team, hope my comments helped!

Hi :D

This team looks quite decent however there are a few issues that I think need to be patched up. First of all probably the biggest flaw I have noticed with this team is a lack of a Choice Scarf user. In my opinion a revenge killer is absolutely essential in every team seeing as the OU metagame is so fast paced that you have to have a Choice Scarf Pokemon to pick off fast, powerful Pokemon. Also with Scizor and Tornadus-T as your main source of offense Jirachi can be quite threatening. Particularily the Sub+CM set as it can avoid status moves from your other team members. Sub+CM Jirachi can set up on Scizor, Rotom-W, Tornadus-T, Tentacruel and while it can't do much to Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn can't do to much back either. While Politoed can annoy it with Perish Song it can't take a boosted Thunder from Jirachi. Breloom also looks threatening. Your only real switch in to it is Tornadus-T who is made useless by Spore. From there whether Breloom is a Choice Band or a Life Orb variant, its Bullet Seed and Mach Punch will greatly threaten your other team members. Finally Choice Scarf Thunderous-T looks like a big threat, outspeeding your whole team and hitting all your members super effectively with Thunder / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice] except Scizor and Rotom-W. Scizor can't take a Thunder and Thunderous-T resists its Bullet Punch.

As mentioned above your team lacks a dedicated revenge killer. You also have a big weakness to Jirachi and Thunderous-T. an apporopriate change would be to use a Choice Scarf Garchomp>Scizor not only does this change give you a Choice Scarf user but with Earthqauke and Stone Edge it has the edgequake combination and the coverage necassary to hit Jirachi and Thunderous-T super effectively. Garchomp's base 102 Speed trolls Thunderous-Ts base 101 Speed letting it even outspeed Choice Scarf varaints. Outrage and Dragon Claw are their prrimarily for STAB with Dragon Claw being nice to avoid getting locked into Outrage. Seeing as this is a rain team you could use Aqua Tail>Stone Edge on Garchomp but seeing as Thunderous-T is a big threat I wouldn't reccommend it. I switched him for Scizor, because all your other team members provide a role to vital to give up, Tornadus-T provides rain abuse, Ferrothorn brings hazards, Rotom-W helps against opposing rain, Tentacruel rapid spins and Politoed provides rain.

With this change your team has a much better time against Jirachi and Thunderous-T and just fast threats in general. However to fix your Breloom weakness I would reccommend running a Choice Specs Tornadus-T with Sleep Talk with Sleep Talk you can still find some use with Tornadus-T even if it is asleep as any of its moves hurt Breloom greatly (Hurricane, Focus Blast, U-turn) other then that the set is pretty much the same except more powerful, although you do lose the freedom to switch moves. Choice Specs Tornadus-T works especially well with Garchomp because Garchomp can take on or weaken the Pokemon that wall Choice Specs Tornadus-T (Rotom-W, Chansey, Blissey, Jirachi). I think your team will also enjoy the immediate power that Choice Specs Tornadus-T brings seeing as your team doesn't carry to much offensive Pokemon.

Now for some minor changes I think Ferrothorn definitely needs Gyro Ball>Thunder Wave this is because with Scizor gone you lose another Steel-type and while Garchomp can revenge kill most Dragon-types a Sub+DD Dragonite can set up on Ferrothorn and potentially sweep your team. With Gyro Ball you can break its Substitutes easier making it much easier to handle. Garchomp and Tornadus-T are quite fast so losing Thunder Wave won't be to bad especially seeing as it clashes with Rotom-W's Will-o-Wisp. Speaking about Rotom-W I think a bulkier spread would be better so it can potentially tank hits from Thunderous-T easier, because even if you do go with Garchomp it is still a threat seeing as Stone Edge has only 80% accuracy and if you verse an Agility Thunderous-T it can outspeed Garchomp after a boost. An ev spread of 252 Hp / 28 SpA / 228 SpD>184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe is preffered so you can tank special hits better. The 28 SpA evs let you always ohko standard Gliscor with Rotom-W's Hydro Pump. Also I fail to see why you use Tentacruel and don't abuse quite possibly the best thing it has in its arsenal. Which is Toxic. With no Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn it will be easier to run Toxic on Tentacruel and honestly if you don't run it, your better of using something more offensive like Starmie. So Toxic>Knock Off is a good suggestion. Knock Off is a little bit gimmicky and more often then not you will just lose momentum by using it. A lot of Choice item users can beat Tentacruel anyway Like Terrakion with Earthqauke and Latios with Psyshock.

Good luck with the team I hope I helped!

Sets

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Stone Edge

Tornadus-T @ Choice Specs | Regenarator
Naive | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hurricane | Sleep Talk | Focus Blast | U-turn

TL:DR
Scizor--->Garchomp

Tornadus-T
.Life Orb Set--->Choice Specs Set

Ferrothorn
.Thunder Wave--->Gyro Ball

Rotom-W
.184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe--->252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD

Tentacruel
.Knock Off--->Toxic

~Superpowerdude

Just noting, you have 24 extra EVs on your rotom spread above spd :P. It should be 252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD. I kinda think the 88 speed is worth the investment as mentioned in my post, but that's your call. Also, I don't know I missed it in my rate, but I definitely support adding a scarfer, otherwise any DDer or anything will tear the team apart. Scarfchomp is a great option, although it does make you weaker to agility thundurus. Another option is scarftios, which easily lives a LO hp ice while revenging basically the same threats as scarfchomp. A good moveset is DM / surf / psyshock / trick, or maybe thunder in the last spot if you feel you don't need trick. scarfchomp is a cool option too though, this one helps vs thundurus-t a bit though.

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi there! Interesting rain team!

Seeing your team i've find some weakness that could give you many problems.
The first dangerous Pokémon that i noted is is Magnezone, you haven't safe switchs-in on it and the only resistor one of its stab electric is steel type and you can run the risk of being trapped from magnet pull and then knocked from its HP Fire; The same is for Scizor, Zone can enter on his 3 of 4 moves and if you use BPunch or Pursuit zone will trap kill you really easily.
Ferro and Scizor can also be used as setup fodder by SubCharger Zone so after that your steel is died zone will make another kill 'cause you have to break the substitute and after you'll make it zone will kill that Pokémon.
You can't even hit him directly with Superpower of Tornadus as not be able to make a direct and OHKO so you have to weaken it first.
Other Pokemons that can be problems are Sworddance Lucario e SwordDance Toxicroak.
Talking about Lucario: Cario find a really easy setup on ferrothorn but also on Scizor if it is locked on pursuit or Bullet punch, so I'll note that you have only check for Lucario: Tentacruel; but he is likely to take 2HKO from extreeme speed if it isn't to full life, the same is for Tornadus 'cause if in the field there is stealth rock get a direct OHKO from ESpeed after a sworddance.
All other members are OHKO from closecombat to +2 with life orb.
Same is for Toxicroak but he find easy setup also on Politoed and Tentacruel 'cause he is immune to these water stabs.
Toxicroak after a sword dance can make an easy 6-0 if in the field there is stealth rock.

But thinking about these problems I found a great solution!

I'm talking about DoubleBoost Landorus-T @ YacheBerry > RotomW.
Landorus thanks to intimidate can enter both on Lucario and Toxicroak decreasing them attacks to one and therefore reduce drastically the damages that may be able and kill them by your powerful ground stab 'cause it's impossible that Lando takes a direct ohko from them priorities with only one boost in attack.
Same thing for Magnezone, with lando would have a serious switchin on it and can block his electric stab and use the opponent's switch for exploit to boost Landorus and also thanks to Yache be able to block Mamoswine taking half damage from both iceshard and send ko thanks to its EQ stabbed.
As a last thing that you would avoid with Landorus is Spdef Jirachi with thunder 'cause he can paralyze and create huge holes in your team with because like I said for magnezone you have only one resistor for electric moves, but with landorus can wall it very well finding other turns for setup to hit tough opponent.

Set:
>Landorus-T over RotomW

Landorus-T (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

You have a very nice formatting that makes me want to help this team^^ My only suggestion for now is to change the yellow font since it’s not so easy on the eyes.

The team itself seems pretty solid but I do have a few concerns. As you know, set up sweepers can be quite threatening for this team since it relies so much on Scizor for revenge killing. Pokemon like SubCM Jirachi and SubCMKeldeo(rare) can set up on certain members with ease, so that could be annoying. Dragons can be handled decently but again, subCharge Magnezone can set up on Ferro and take out at least two members.

Notice I still haven’t said anything about Volcarona and Toxicroak yet, but you get the idea. I also don’t like the 50/50 games of leading with Politoed or Tornadus-T against lead Breloom - losing a Pokemon to sleep puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Out of curiosity, how do you normally deal with these Pokemon or are they not that much of a threat in practice?

----> Sorry I didn't respond immediately, I'm thinking to bypass Magnezone, I'll shift Leftovers to Shed Shell it would be a huge help but it will lose recovery other than Leech Seed. Yeah a lot of set-up sweepers brings a lot of problem to this team especially CM-Jirachi, because it lacks Pseudo-Hazers. Thundus-T also racks this team once Ferrothorn is out. Breloom as annoying as always putting one of team asleep.

As others have said, this is a solid rain team, funny how you accidentally ended up with volturn. Novaray's suggestion of SpD zapdos seems solid, it should help your team with the aforementioned threats. Unfortunately, subCMrachi and thundurus-t still seem like problems, since LO agility thundurus for example can pretty much OHKO everything on the team if SR is up, and zapdos will get worn down by subCMrachi each time it roars it out. One possibility would be to switch ferrothorn for psong Celebi, which beats many of the aforementioned threats handily--it can psong or psychic toxicroak, psong subCMrachi, tank a +2 hit from lucario, and check thundurus, taking a LO hp ice and psychicing. It does make your team more torny-weak though, so switching rotom --> zapdos might be a good idea if you do do this. A good celebi set would be:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SDef / 152 Def / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Perish Song
-Recover
-Psychic
EVs avoid a 2HKO from timid thundurus-t's HP ice, outspeed jolly breloom, and then maximize def. Twave or u-turn could go > psychic in the last slot, but I like being able to do some consistent damage.

Even if you do decide to keep rotom, I'd definitely go for a more defensive spread. I'd probably go 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe Calm, which outspeeds max speed adamant scizor and guarantees you'll live 3 specs hurricanes from tornadus while maximizing overall bulk. If you want a bit more power, you could also go 252 HP / 48 SpA / 120 SpD / 88 Spe modest, which avoids the 3hko from LO hurricane. Either way, I think you'll find the extra bulk welcome.

I think toxic is worth a thought on tentacruel since it allows it to spin vs jellicent, but knock off is cool too.

Otherwise, p cool team, hope my comments helped!
---> P.Song Celebi [over Ferrothorn] is good especially with Heatran but since Heatran is not a good option in Drizzle Team, I find it more effective with Defensive Empoleon [over Tentacruel] and replace Rotom-W to Life Orb Starmie so I still have access to Rapid Spin and Scizor to Sash Mamoswine to counter DD dragons especially Thundurus-T.

Hi :D

This team looks quite decent however there are a few issues that I think need to be patched up. First of all probably the biggest flaw I have noticed with this team is a lack of a Choice Scarf user. In my opinion a revenge killer is absolutely essential in every team seeing as the OU metagame is so fast paced that you have to have a Choice Scarf Pokemon to pick off fast, powerful Pokemon. Also with Scizor and Tornadus-T as your main source of offense Jirachi can be quite threatening. Particularily the Sub+CM set as it can avoid status moves from your other team members. Sub+CM Jirachi can set up on Scizor, Rotom-W, Tornadus-T, Tentacruel and while it can't do much to Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn can't do to much back either. While Politoed can annoy it with Perish Song it can't take a boosted Thunder from Jirachi. Breloom also looks threatening. Your only real switch in to it is Tornadus-T who is made useless by Spore. From there whether Breloom is a Choice Band or a Life Orb variant, its Bullet Seed and Mach Punch will greatly threaten your other team members. Finally Choice Scarf Thunderous-T looks like a big threat, outspeeding your whole team and hitting all your members super effectively with Thunder / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice] except Scizor and Rotom-W. Scizor can't take a Thunder and Thunderous-T resists its Bullet Punch.

As mentioned above your team lacks a dedicated revenge killer. You also have a big weakness to Jirachi and Thunderous-T. an apporopriate change would be to use a Choice Scarf Garchomp>Scizor not only does this change give you a Choice Scarf user but with Earthqauke and Stone Edge it has the edgequake combination and the coverage necassary to hit Jirachi and Thunderous-T super effectively. Garchomp's base 102 Speed trolls Thunderous-Ts base 101 Speed letting it even outspeed Choice Scarf varaints. Outrage and Dragon Claw are their prrimarily for STAB with Dragon Claw being nice to avoid getting locked into Outrage. Seeing as this is a rain team you could use Aqua Tail>Stone Edge on Garchomp but seeing as Thunderous-T is a big threat I wouldn't reccommend it. I switched him for Scizor, because all your other team members provide a role to vital to give up, Tornadus-T provides rain abuse, Ferrothorn brings hazards, Rotom-W helps against opposing rain, Tentacruel rapid spins and Politoed provides rain.

With this change your team has a much better time against Jirachi and Thunderous-T and just fast threats in general. However to fix your Breloom weakness I would reccommend running a Choice Specs Tornadus-T with Sleep Talk with Sleep Talk you can still find some use with Tornadus-T even if it is asleep as any of its moves hurt Breloom greatly (Hurricane, Focus Blast, U-turn) other then that the set is pretty much the same except more powerful, although you do lose the freedom to switch moves. Choice Specs Tornadus-T works especially well with Garchomp because Garchomp can take on or weaken the Pokemon that wall Choice Specs Tornadus-T (Rotom-W, Chansey, Blissey, Jirachi). I think your team will also enjoy the immediate power that Choice Specs Tornadus-T brings seeing as your team doesn't carry to much offensive Pokemon.

Now for some minor changes I think Ferrothorn definitely needs Gyro Ball>Thunder Wave this is because with Scizor gone you lose another Steel-type and while Garchomp can revenge kill most Dragon-types a Sub+DD Dragonite can set up on Ferrothorn and potentially sweep your team. With Gyro Ball you can break its Substitutes easier making it much easier to handle. Garchomp and Tornadus-T are quite fast so losing Thunder Wave won't be to bad especially seeing as it clashes with Rotom-W's Will-o-Wisp. Speaking about Rotom-W I think a bulkier spread would be better so it can potentially tank hits from Thunderous-T easier, because even if you do go with Garchomp it is still a threat seeing as Stone Edge has only 80% accuracy and if you verse an Agility Thunderous-T it can outspeed Garchomp after a boost. An ev spread of 252 Hp / 28 SpA / 228 SpD>184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe is preffered so you can tank special hits better. The 28 SpA evs let you always ohko standard Gliscor with Rotom-W's Hydro Pump. Also I fail to see why you use Tentacruel and don't abuse quite possibly the best thing it has in its arsenal. Which is Toxic. With no Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn it will be easier to run Toxic on Tentacruel and honestly if you don't run it, your better of using something more offensive like Starmie. So Toxic>Knock Off is a good suggestion. Knock Off is a little bit gimmicky and more often then not you will just lose momentum by using it. A lot of Choice item users can beat Tentacruel anyway Like Terrakion with Earthqauke and Latios with Psyshock.

Good luck with the team I hope I helped!

Sets

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Stone Edge

Tornadus-T @ Choice Specs | Regenarator
Naive | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hurricane | Sleep Talk | Focus Blast | U-turn

TL:DR
Scizor--->Garchomp

Tornadus-T
.Life Orb Set--->Choice Specs Set

Ferrothorn
.Thunder Wave--->Gyro Ball

Rotom-W
.184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe--->252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD

Tentacruel
.Knock Off--->Toxic

~Superpowerdude
---> I love the idea of Garchomp, I love to use him as well but I'm playing in Pokemon Online, unfortunately we can't play him at Wifi OU even though @Rough Skin Trait. But, I love the idea of Choice-Specs Tor-T I've seen it many time in RMTs I already replace Knock Off to Toxic haha just was a troll, I only have problem with Garchomp.. The rest is Great. I'm thinking to replace Garchomp to Scarf Terrakion although it can't switch in to Thundurus-T, Terrakion is a great addition in any team.

Hi there! Interesting rain team!

Seeing your team i've find some weakness that could give you many problems.
The first dangerous Pokémon that i noted is is Magnezone, you haven't safe switchs-in on it and the only resistor one of its stab electric is steel type and you can run the risk of being trapped from magnet pull and then knocked from its HP Fire; The same is for Scizor, Zone can enter on his 3 of 4 moves and if you use BPunch or Pursuit zone will trap kill you really easily.
Ferro and Scizor can also be used as setup fodder by SubCharger Zone so after that your steel is died zone will make another kill 'cause you have to break the substitute and after you'll make it zone will kill that Pokémon.
You can't even hit him directly with Superpower of Tornadus as not be able to make a direct and OHKO so you have to weaken it first.
Other Pokemons that can be problems are Sworddance Lucario e SwordDance Toxicroak.
Talking about Lucario: Cario find a really easy setup on ferrothorn but also on Scizor if it is locked on pursuit or Bullet punch, so I'll note that you have only check for Lucario: Tentacruel; but he is likely to take 2HKO from extreeme speed if it isn't to full life, the same is for Tornadus 'cause if in the field there is stealth rock get a direct OHKO from ESpeed after a sworddance.
All other members are OHKO from closecombat to +2 with life orb.
Same is for Toxicroak but he find easy setup also on Politoed and Tentacruel 'cause he is immune to these water stabs.
Toxicroak after a sword dance can make an easy 6-0 if in the field there is stealth rock.

But thinking about these problems I found a great solution!

I'm talking about DoubleBoost Landorus-T @ YacheBerry > RotomW.
Landorus thanks to intimidate can enter both on Lucario and Toxicroak decreasing them attacks to one and therefore reduce drastically the damages that may be able and kill them by your powerful ground stab 'cause it's impossible that Lando takes a direct ohko from them priorities with only one boost in attack.
Same thing for Magnezone, with lando would have a serious switchin on it and can block his electric stab and use the opponent's switch for exploit to boost Landorus and also thanks to Yache be able to block Mamoswine taking half damage from both iceshard and send ko thanks to its EQ stabbed.
As a last thing that you would avoid with Landorus is Spdef Jirachi with thunder 'cause he can paralyze and create huge holes in your team with because like I said for magnezone you have only one resistor for electric moves, but with landorus can wall it very well finding other turns for setup to hit tough opponent.

Set:
>Landorus-T over RotomW

Landorus-T (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
---> I thought of it but Offensive Pivot, and partner it with Sp.Defensive Jirachi, the problem is even though Landorus-T is immune to Elec-type moves to deal with Thundurus-T, Jolteon, and Rotom-W, they carry Hydro Pump and HP-Ice to OHKO it. But I think Yache Berry will do the trick. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)