Fighting above the Battle Tower-DarkSlay versus Kaxtar. (Reffed by Tortferngatr).

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lone figure floats onto a rooftop.

Let's go then. 4-1, and I have a few spots open for a new challenge.

SEEKING CHALLENGE

2 V 2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Battle Tower Rooftop

This is a rather large, flat surface located on top of the famous Battle Tower found in the Diamond / Pearl / Platinum games. There are no obstacles, and the rooftop has no walls or fences. However, no Pokemon can fall off of the building (we don't want any Pokedeaths, after all). Flying Pokemon can freely navigate the air around the buildings, and even aerial fights may occur. Flying Pokemon can fall, but cannot plummet to the actual ground beneath them (only the rooftop). The surface of the roof may not be Dug into, but it's possibly to use Earthquake and other seismic Ground moves. Beware, though: too many seismic moves, and the roof may collapse! Pokemon will fall into Palmer's office, which is simply a flat Pokemon arena. Just don't expect Palmer to be too happy about it!

SUMMARY: Rooftop arena, Flying Pokemon may go outside of roof borders for aerial combat, no Dig but seismic Ground moves allowed, too many Ground moves results in roof collapsing.

Let's get it.
He waits silently. The lift Drifblim the ref rented floats back to the ground.

A minute later, another figure appears. He is the challenger to the first figure-and he tosses a scroll containing his demands-and a paper gauntlet, courtesy of the ref.

I'll take you on dark slay.

One Ability, no items, and switch=ko. Let's make this a good one!
Speaking of the ref, he is floating in from the Drifblim now. A Plicowatt is sitting in his hand, before using its antennae like a small battery to power a loudspeaker.

"Alright, folks-let's get this started. I'm Tortferngatr-and as your ref-here's the order of things."

Order of Things said:
DarkSlay will release one of his PMed Pokemon into battle, give it's Pokemon Species (with a Sprite or the name of the Species), its Nickname, its Gender, its Ability for the match, and its Nature.

Kaxtar will do the same, and post his actions.

DarkSlay will then counterattack.

I will then ref.
"And if all that's settled-" a wave of Drifloon appeared at the behest of Drifblim, ready to work together to carry any falling participants back up to the tower-"let the battle BEGIN!"

Alright, Onyx the Jiheddo/Zwelious is up first.

Zwelious (Jiheddo) [Onyx] (Female)
Nature: Mild (Special Attack increased by *, Defense lowered by *)
Ability: Hustle

Begin with a Thunder Wave. Then, use a Dark Pulse on Embirch. Finish with a Dragon Pulse. If, on the second or third action, Embirch has a Sub up, use Roar to blow it away.

Thunder Wave~Dark Pulse/Roar~Dragon Pulse/Roar

Also, what ability are you using DarkSlay? I'm assuming Battle Armor because you can't use sunny day to activate Leaf Guard, but if you could let us know for sure, it would be appreciated.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Eh, not the greatest match-up, but we've been in poor situations like this before.

You're not going to be able to dodge that Thunder Wave, so instead of trying to, fight fire with fire. Start out with a Leech Seed to start draining the life from Zwelious. That will help tank the upcoming hits as well. Next, take in some of the sunlight and use Growth to boost your stats. Then, finish the round with a strong, super effective Hidden Power (Ice, 7)!

So:

Leech Seed -> Growth -> Hidden Power

And yes, it's Battle Armor.

After exams, the majority of Pokemon Black, and sheer procrastination...the ref returns.

Both parties send out their respective Pokemon-DarkSlay sending out Embirch-

DarkSlay's Embirch [Willow, Female]
Ability: Battle Armor [Innate]
Nature: Quiet
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Boosts: N/A
Other: N/A
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 43 (-)

-As Kaxtar sends out a stronger-looking Zweilous.

Kaxtar's Zweilous [Onyx, Female]
Ability: Hustle [can be activated]
Nature: Mild
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Atk: ****
Def: ** (-)
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 58

Neither side seems intimidated by the other-the mild Zweilous approaches the battle with a peaceful perspective, as Embirch quietly prepares herself for this stronger foe.

Zweilous leads off by firing a weak wave of electricity at Embirch. Embirch makes no attempt to defend herself-rather, she responds by firing a small cluster of helicopters from her tiny mortars. The seeds spread, with enough falling on Zweilous that they start to work together-they begin leeching away, slowly rooting their way into Zweilous' hide. [Embirch is 25% paralyzed by Thunder Wave, Zweilous is seeded and the seeds drain 3 HP. No Hp is recovered by Embirch, who is completely healthy.]

Ignoring the itchy, leeching seeds, Zweilous fires a blast of its darkest thoughts at Embirch. They affect the quiet Embirch deeply, yet she nevetheless absorbs light and moves nutrients to her cannons, powering them up and causing them to slightly grow. The Leech Seeds suddenly spasm, rapidly giving Zweilous a jolt. Embirch gives a slight smile, as a thin green light enters her cannons-the energy the seeds collected. [Embirch successfully ses Growth, Zweilous uses Dark Pulse for 12.5 damage. The seeds bring 3 HP back to Embirch.]

Upset by the Leech Seeds, Zweilous responds with a pulse of draconic power. Calmly responding, Embirch tries to lift her cannons as they charge up cold, hidden energy-but instead, a quick crackle can be heard as a loose spark comes from her primary firing arm. Pressing it with her other arm, it's clear that it was just a shock from the Thunder Wave-and Embirch smiles again, as Leech Seed brings back some refreshing nutrients. Nevertheless, it does jolt Embirch out of her attack. [Embirch is fully paralyzed this turn. Zweilous uses Dragon Pulse for 13.5 damage. Leech Seed again drains 3 HP.]

As the quiet battle continues, Embirch turns her head towards DarkSlay, almost as though beckoning him to give orders. Zweilous simply turns one of its heads around, she too awaiting fresh commands from Kaxtar.

DarkSlay will order next, followed by Kaxtar.

HP: 80
Energy: 85
Boosts: +1 Attack and Special Attack
Spe: 11 (43 (-))

HP: 91
Energy: 80

HP: 80
Energy: 85
Boosts: +1 Attack and Special Attack
Spe: 11 (43 (-))

HP: 91
Energy: 80

"Having received no orders, Embirch does nothing. As Zweilous has nothing to respond to, he also isn't doing anything.

Eventually Kaxtar, tired of waiting, whipped out his i-Smogon, before sending the ref a message.

Kaxtar]Sorry to bother you said:
disqualified[/COLOR] due to inactivity. Kaxtar wins by default, both trainers get 2 Trainer Counters. Embirch gets an evolution counter, a dream counter, and a move counter, Zweilous gets an evolution counter and a move counter (he lacks a dream world ability,) and since clearly no Pokemon fainted, I get 1 ref counter.

As for precedent for giving DarkSlay counters...

I don't think Dracoyoshi8 has any time to spare (or it could be that the lag was too unbearable to look this thread up?), so yeah, going to end this in DQ.

I have no idea how it will work out for you guys. But, let's just say you both get 1 EC, 1 MC, and 1 DC for each Pokemon that was present for the match (yeah, even DY the guy that DQ'd). I guess both of you get 2 Trainer Counters too. Since no Pokemon fainted, I'll get 1 ref counter.

I wish this could continue though. I liked where it was going.

OBSERVATION: Matches that include "switch=ok" are more likely to have refs that will quit.

Oh yeah, and this means tortferngatr gets a win.
In the same way, Kaxtar is our victor this match!'

With that, the ref floated down gently on the annoyed Drifblim, as a large army of Drifloon let the trainers gently down from the tower for more battles to come."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)