Blaziken

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Blaziken

[Overview]

<p>Forging
new ground as the first "starter" Pokemon to ever become Uber, Blaziken may seem like it has a lot to live up to in the Uber metagame. However, the fighting chicken is perfectly capable of functioning well in Ubers, mostly due to its ability , Speed Boost. Thanks to Speed Boost, Blaziken will become nearly impossible to revenge kill as the boosts accumulate. Once enough boosts have been gathered, Blaziken can sweep rather easily with its sizable Attack stat and mighty STAB Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, the former hitting a staggering 130 Base Power, and the latter amped up by sunlight, making Blaziken nearly impossible to wall and enabling it to rip through most of the metagame with its powerful hits. Although it is frail and its STAB moves have unappealing side effects (Hi Jump Kick severely hurts Blaziken if it misses, and Flare Blitz causes huge amounts of recoil damage), Blaziken is still a massive threat that needs to be considered when making a team.</p>

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Hi Jump Kick
move 3: Protect
move 4: Flare Blitz
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Speed Boost
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[Set Comments]

<p>Swords Dance pumps up Blaziken's solid Attack stat to a frightening 678 or 734, depending on the nature used. When Speed Boost is thrown into the mix, Blaziken suddenly turns into a potent sweeper that only becomes harder and harder to revenge kill as time passes and more Speed boosts are obtained.</p>

<p>Hi Jump Kick is the main sweeping attack Blaziken will employ, and after a Swords Dance
, it will OHKO every common Pokemon in Ubers that does not resist it save the bulkiest of Groudon, quite an impressive feat. Protect ensures that Blaziken will obtain at least one Speed boost before sweeping, and makes up for its low initial Speed. Flare Blitz rounds out the coverage and has the potential to be Blaziken's most powerful option by far. It gets STAB, has high Base Power, and with sunsupport, it becomes so powerful it can OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage and one Swords Dance. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer damage output of that attack just shows how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKO by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is also just a good attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Blaziken cannot take any hits even with investment, so Blaziken's Attack and Speed stats are given full EV investment to optimize its sweeping abilities. Jolly is by far the preferred nature on this set. It allows Blaziken to outspeed Mewtwo and Shaymin-S after one Speed boost, and Choice Scarf Terrakion after two. Life Orb is the preferred item to
grant Blaziken as much power as possible. However, Leftovers helps Blaziken mitigate recoil damage. It is a better choice for Blaziken if it is being used on a stall team so it doesn't die as quickly, where it is mainly used to check common stallbreakers, such as Darkrai and Heatran. An Adamant nature can be used if running Leftovers to make up for the power lost by dropping Life Orb.</p>

<p>Groudon should always be used alongside Blaziken. It provides the sunlight necessary to power up Flare Blitz and can also set up Stealth Rock, which is needed for Blaziken to obtain crucial KOs on Pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Groudon is also a wonderful check to Rayquaza and physical Arceus, who would otherwise destroy Blaziken with ExtremeSpeed before it could move, and Poison Arceus, who walls Blaziken if
it's not backed by sun support.</p>

<p>Giratina is the only Pokemon that is capable of outright walling Blaziken. The flaming chicken cannot come close to OHKOing the spectral lizard with any sort of attack, and Giratina can either force Blaziken out of the battlefield with Dragon Tail
, or just kill it outright with Outrage. A defensive Giratina-O, although uncommon, can perform a similar function. If the sun isn't shining, Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus can all take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with a super effective attack. It's no wonder then why Darkrai is a perfect partner for for Blaziken. All of the aforementioned Pokemon will turn tail and run at the very sight of Darkrai, who can help pave the way for a Blaziken sweep by setting up with Nasty Plot and then severely damaging the foe's team with its own boosted hits. Dialga can also come in on Giratina and Giratina-O relatively easily and pound them into dust with Draco Meteor, while Dark Arceus is a great counter to Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus thanks to its natural type advantage.</p>

<p>Although Kyogre cannot counter Blaziken directly as Hi Jump Kick will waste the bloated whale, it will severely hinder
Blaziken's ability to sweep by swapping out the precious sunlight with a furious maelstrom of rain, which will render Flare Blitz mostly useless. For this reason, it is recommended to pack reliable Kyogre counters when using Blaziken. Palkia and Grass Arceus can both come in on the beast's mighty Water-type assaults with relative ease and put it down with powerful super effective Thunder and Judgment, respectively.</p>

<p>Sometimes, Blaziken may have some trouble setting up due to its poor defenses. For this reason, Wobbuffet makes an excellent teammate. Using Shadow Tag, it is able to trap many Pokemon and create openings to set up by using Encore, and it can also use Safeguard to protect Blaziken against status. Wobbuffet also draws Dark- and Bug-type attacks that Blaziken can easily set up on.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Shadow Claw still nails Giratina-O for an OHKO after Stealth Rock damage and a boost from Swords Dance while hitting Lugia, Cresselia, Ghost Arceus, and Psychic Arceus for solid damage. It also makes Blaziken less weather dependent and doesn't cause it to take huge amounts of recoil damage. However, Shadow Claw still fails to OHKO Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus, which makes it far inferior to Flare Blitz. It also fails to OHKO Mewtwo without a Swords Dance boost. Stone Edge hurts Lugia a lot more than Shadow Claw does while also murdering Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, but a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun will usually KO them after Stealth Rock, anyway, so it's not of much use. Work Up increases Blaziken's Special Attack stat as well as its Attack stat, but even with the
increased Special Attack , it cannot defeat Giratina, which would be the main point in using it. Choice Band can grant Blaziken more immediate power, but locking Blaziken into one attack is too restrictive for it and is counter-productive with Speed Boost.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Giratina is Blaziken's only real counter. Try as it might, Blaziken cannot OHKO it with any attack (unless in the unlikely event it gets 3 Swords Dance boosts and has sun support) while Giratina can just phaze it out with Dragon Tail or tear it apart with Outrage. Defensive variants of Giratina-O also perform a similar function, although it won't take Blaziken's hits quite as effectively. If it is raining, Psychic Arceus, Ghost Arceus, Cresselia, Lugia, and Gliscor can all take a Flare Blitz
, and either phaze out Blaziken or KO it with a super effective attack. Rayquaza and Normal Arceus can also bypass Blaziken's Speed boosts with ExtremeSpeed, which will cut through its low Defense like a hot knife through butter. Toxic Spikes also greatly annoy Blaziken, as the passive damage combined with Life Orb and Flare Blitz recoil will kill it off very quickly. Both of Blaziken's STAB attacks also have a change of inflicting recoil damage, so smart switching between Ghost-types and bulky Water- or Dragon-types will cause the recoil to add up and eventually bring about Blaziken's demise.</p>

Blaziken is Uber now anyway so he is getting an analysis :(
Gyarados should get one too imo. Jibaku and Fireburn respect the might of Gyarados hates it though which made me sad.

Fireburn was right, I hate frail pokemons :P Stall is fine with me but Trick Room is also a viable strategy sometimes if your opponent lacks bulky mons. Oh, and it is funny that Trick Room stops Blaziken too. Eo's Blaziken got owned by my Trick Room team. Reversing all the Speed Boost is bad news for chicky. Don't forget Extremespeed from the likes of Arceus and Rayquaza can make Blaziken's life even shorter!

ps: I said Gyarados sucks in Ubers earlier if you remember it, but that's in the past. Gyarados is still working very well for me even in Ubers. Maybe Blaziken can impress me too after Fireburn proved it's effectiveness :) I am not a mod or anything great, but I just don't like Blaziken now :P

The reason I used Blaziken is because chicken little can fit in the filler spot for stall teams since it can revenge kill many stall breakers such as Heatran, Dark and Steel Arceus, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Dialga, Terrakion and Mixed Palkia.

Gyarados still rules regardless of the tier he is in. Blaziken will find it hard to setup :( He needs Protect so hard.

PS:
<&Jibaku> I've seen way too enough gyarados
<&Jibaku> >_>
<&Jibaku> I actually dont hate gyarados

See, these are the exact words Jibaku said. Gyarados rules imo.

Wat. Blaziken was banned? I never had problems with it in OU. Where can I read up on how this was decided? I'm quite curious...

One thing that sort of bothers me is that the banning from OU is vague. Is it Speed Boost Blaziken specifically thats banned or is it entirely banned regardless?

None the least, I welcome our new overload chicken master race in the world of Ubers fighting against the gods of the Pocket Monsters universe. Although I will wonder how well Blaziken will do in Ubers considering some threats run powerful priority moves, most notably Arceus, Rayquaza, and even Giratina-O.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Blaziken is completely banned from OU. If you wish to discuss Blaziken or ask any questions about it, please post in the appropriate Dragonspiral Tower thread, or make an appropriate thread if there isn't one. This thread is for discussing the content of the Blaziken Ubers analysis.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My 2 cents:

- Maybe mention that SD isn't always necessary (And therefore you can replace it with another coverage move if you so desire). In the late-game when a lot of things are weakened, all you really need are the speed boosts.
- Mention Salamence as a check in it isn't sunny.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My 2 cents:

- Maybe mention that SD isn't always necessary (And therefore you can replace it with another coverage move if you so desire). In the late-game when a lot of things are weakened, all you really need are the speed boosts.
- Mention Salamence as a check in it isn't sunny.
252 Jolly Blaziken +1 Hi Jump Kick vs. 0/4 Salamence : 70.4% - 83.1%

252 Adamant Blaziken +1 Hi Jump Kick vs. 0/4 Salamence : 77.6% - 91.5%

Jolly has a very good shot of OHKOing Mence after SR whereas Adamant always OHKOes, factoring in Intimidate and one Swords Dance. Salamence is actually a very crappy Blaziken switch-in. :P

I'll think about the coverage move, but its actually not too difficult to get an SD since Blaziken forces out a lot of things (and it really helps against Stall) so I don't know about that.

Hey,does blaziken really needs protect on the SD set?basicaly it will be getting a +2 atk and +1 spe in just one turn,making protect less needed
oh yeah,two moves pretty much limits blaziken coverage forcing it to switch pretty often, and if the foe switches,protect will be useless

Speed Boost makes Blaziken insanely hard to revenge kill and turns it into a dangerous sweeper, and when coupled with Swords Dance it becomes even more frightening
Arceus's Extremespeed tears it in half. You should mention revenge kill by scarfers are foiled by Speed Boost :P Rayquaza does a truck load to it with Extremspeed so Blaziken's sweep won't be long. I won't mention Lucario because it sucks now and is extinct in Ubers currently. Scarf Shaymin-S and the rare Scarf Mewtwo (although it probably sucks) is faster than Blaziken even after 2 Speed Boosts. Scarf Darkrai outspeeds it too X___X so it can Dark Void Blaziken to sleep or KO with Focus Blast.

Blaziken's only real flaw is his frail defenses.
-.- Blaziken has some other flaws :P It is slow initially and needs to gain some Speed before sweeping. Rain makes Flare Blitz hits like a duck instead of like a truck. You can't sweep with Flare Blitz if the weather is rainy. High Jump Kick is an awesome and potentially risky move so you can't spam it randomly if you opponent has a Ghost. The non perfect accuracy can be suicidal when it misses. Flare Blitz recoil sucks.

After a Swords Dance, Blaziken's attack climbs to 678 or 734, depending on the nature used, allowing it to become a dangerous sweeping threat.
Wow, I never knew a chicken can be that powerful :( dam, this is stronger than a +1 Gyarados.

Speed Boost gradually makes Blaziken harder and harder to revenge kill by passively speeding it up every turn.
Priority still bypasses the boosts so you should mention those :P Although Giratina-O's Shadow Sneak is freaking weak, Arceus and Rayquaza's Extremespeed will kill you.

Both STAB attacks have 120+ base power, allow Blaziken to do major damage to most everything. For example, a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun OHKOes Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage, quite an impressive feat.
I like this calcuation. Anyway, you should put no HP and Defense Giratina-O. Giratina-O can run a physically defensive set too, see Jibaku's Giratina-O analysis. Physically defensive Giratina-O eats Blaziken.

However, Shadow Claw has consistent power in every weather and doesn't inflict recoil damage.
You will still take Life Orb damage recoil :(

Only Giratina really stands a chance at walling Blaziken. It is not OHKOed by any attack and can rip the chicken apart with Outrage or phase it out with Dragon Tail.
Giratina sometimes uses Earthquake, at least I do, so that somewhat counts I guess lol! I even put Earthquake for the moveset in the Giratina analysis :)

Poison Arceus can stop Blaziken in the rain. (Otherwise Flare Blitz will kill it.
More like Blaziken needs Sun to kill Poison Arceus :) Without Sun, +2 Flare Blitz will not KO Poison Arceus who will OHKO Blaziken with Earthquake or Roar it out !_!

Mewtwo can outspeed and OHKO Poison Arceus with Psystrike before it can even move.
Mewtwo never OHKOes Poison Arceus with Psytrike. I am referring to Bold Poison Arceus here not CM set. Even Specs Mewtwo lol fails to KO Poison Arceus. Arceus is a bulky fart I am sure you know it.

Giratina can be flattened easily by Dialga, who can hit it with powerful STAB Dragon-type attacks.
Giratina can also flatten non LO or Specs Dialga by PP stalling lol. Draco Meteor never kills Giratina who can spam Rest to stall out Draco Meteor's 4 PP. The Special Attack drop means Dialga isn't killing Giratina. Giratina can burn and slowly kill Dialga in the mean time. Bulk Up and Specs Dialga rape Giratina though :(

Stone Edge instantly murders Ho-Oh and is a stronger alternative against Lugia, but both of them usually fall to a Flare Blitz anyway.
You need sun to fall them even with +2 and Life Orb:(

Giratina is the only true counter.
Giratina-O counters it too with a physically defensive spread.

Poison Arceus can take on Blaziken provided it either lacks Flare Blitz or it is raining.
In rain, Gliscor, Psychic Arceus(you won't KO with Shadow Claw if it's defensive even if you have Shadow Claw), Ghost Arceus and Ho-OH kills you. Ho-Oh seems lol in rain but hey it does counter you in rain. Gliscor is obvious because in rain Flare Blitz hits like Flame Wheel. Ghost Arceus survives Shadow Claw and give you a Judgment in the face XD If you are using Flare Blitz and no Shadow Claw, Ghost Arceus, Lugia and Cresselia will rape Blaziken in rain.

Quagsire seems lol but with Unaware it can come in on anything not named High Jump Kick and OHKO you with Earthquake. Oh yeah, Defensive Gyarados walls you regardless of the weather unless you use Stone Edge -.-

I do not approve Blaziken, it is a cheap pokemon who sucks. It is also very thin and weak, so frail and ugly....so very not awesome...

Sorry Bro I have to reject his like a chap :)

QC APPROVED (2/2)

Jokes aside, Blaziken isn't so bad. I like Fire chicken because it bashes stall breakers such as Mewtwo, Darkrai, Dark Arceus, mono Bug Arceus, Dialga, and a fat piece of crappy metal known as Heatran. Although Jibaku's defensive Giratina-O made Blaziken sad.

I will say alway use Flare Blitz, despite it being reliant on weather, without Flare Blitz, Blaziken just isn't breaking walls such as Lugia or Groudon. +2 High Jump Kick just doesn't kill Groudon and Lugia won't fall to a +2 Shadow Claw. Flare Blitz is a guaranteed OHKO on both with one SD as long as you have LO lol. Shadow Claw is really only for Psychics and Ghost in the rain. Giratina still beats you anyway.

If you still doubt I used Blaziken, here are some logs...

Battle between FakeFireburn and ShinyAzelf started!

Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Disallow Spects
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

ShinyAzelf sent out Groudon!
FakeFireburn sent out Forretress!
The foe's Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Groudon used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
Forretress lost 353 HP! (99% of its health)
Forretress held on thanks to Sturdy!

Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of ShinyAzelf's team!

The sunlight is strong!
Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2
FakeFireburn called Forretress back!
FakeFireburn sent out Giratina!

Giratina is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Groudon used Earthquake!
Giratina lost 138 HP! (27% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
Giratina restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
The foe's Groudon used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around FakeFireburn's team!

Giratina used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Groudon was burned!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Groudon is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 4
ShinyAzelf called Groudon back!
ShinyAzelf sent out Heatran!
The foe's Heatran is hurt by spikes!

FakeFireburn called Giratina back!
Pointed stones dug into Forretress!
Forretress fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
FakeFireburn sent out Blaziken!
Pointed stones dug into Blaziken!

Start of turn 5
Blaziken used Flare Blitz!
The foe's Heatran's Flash Fire raised the power of its Fire-type moves!

The foe's Heatran used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon!
Groudon was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!
Groudon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
FakeFireburn: oh

Start of turn 6
ShinyAzelf called Heatran back!
ShinyAzelf sent out Nattorei! (Ferrothorn)
The foe's Nattorei is hurt by spikes!

Groudon used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around ShinyAzelf's team!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
FakeFireburn: i forgot flash fire

Start of turn 7
ShinyAzelf called Nattorei back!
ShinyAzelf sent out Shandera! (Chandelure)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Shandera!
The foe's Shandera is hurt by spikes!

Groudon used Fire Blast!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Shandera lost 29% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Shandera used Overheat!
Groudon lost 382 HP! (94% of its health)
The foe's Shandera's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Groudon used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Shandera lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Shandera fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
ShinyAzelf sent out Latias!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latias!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Latias used Dragon Pulse!
Groudon lost 47 HP! (11% of its health)
Groudon fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
FakeFireburn sent out Chansey!
Pointed stones dug into Chansey!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Latias used Calm Mind!
The foe's Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Chansey used Toxic!
The foe's Latias was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Latias is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 11

Chansey used Wish!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12
FakeFireburn called Chansey back!
FakeFireburn sent out Lugia!
Pointed stones dug into Lugia!

Lugia is exerting its Pressure!
The foe's Latias used Psyshock!
A critical hit!
Lugia lost 242 HP! (58% of its health)

Chansey's wish came true!
FakeFireburn: :(
The sunlight is strong!
Lugia restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
Lugia lost 283 HP! (68% of its health)

Lugia used Roost!
Lugia landed on the ground!
Lugia regained health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14
Lugia lost 120 HP! (28% of its health)

Lugia used Roost!
Lugia regained health!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Latias fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Heatran!

Start of turn 15
Lugia used Reflect!
Reflect raised FakeFireburn's team defense!

The foe's Heatran used Toxic!
Lugia was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Heatran used Taunt!
Lugia fell for the taunt!

Lugia can't use Whirlwind after the taunt!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 17
Lugia used Ice Beam!
The foe's Heatran lost 3% of its health!

Lugia is already poisoned.

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 18
Lugia used Ice Beam!

The attack of the foe's Heatran missed!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!
Lugia's taunt ended!

Start of turn 19
Lugia used Ice Beam!
The foe's Heatran lost 2% of its health!

FakeFireburn's reflect wore off!
The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 20
Lugia used Ice Beam!
A critical hit!
The foe's Heatran lost 6% of its health!

The foe's Heatran used Lava Plume!
Lugia lost 111 HP! (26% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!
Lugia fainted!

Start of turn 21
Blaziken used Hi Jump Kick!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 97% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed Boost increases its speed!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Blaziken restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
ShinyAzelf sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Arceus!
The foe's Arceus is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 22
It's super effective!
The foe's Arceus lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Arceus fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Nattorei!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Nattorei used Protect!
The foe's Nattorei protected itself!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 24
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 81% of its health!
Blaziken is hit with recoil!
ShinyAzelf: gg
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts Blaziken
The foe's Nattorei fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
FakeFireburn: gg
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Groudon!
The foe's Groudon is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Groudon lost 50% of its health!

It's super effective!
Blaziken lost 102 HP! (33% of its health)
Blaziken fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Groudon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Pointed stones dug into Giratina!

Start of turn 26
Giratina used Rest!
Giratina went to sleep and became healthy!

Giratina lost 70 HP! (13% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
FakeFireburn: no Def Giratina lol

Start of turn 27
Giratina is fast asleep!
Giratina used Sleep Talk!
Giratina used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Groudon lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Groudon fainted!

FakeFireburn won the battle!
FakeFireburn: it has no Def evs

Battle between Svefn-n-englar and FakeFireburn started!

Tier: BW Uber
Variation: +26, -53
Rule: Rated

Svefn-n-englar sent out Groudon!

Start of turn 1
Svefn-n-englar called Groudon back!
Svefn-n-englar sent out Blaziken!

Forretress used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Svefn-n-englar's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 2

The foe's Blaziken used Substitute!
The foe's Blaziken made a substitute!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Blaziken's Speed Boost increases its speed!
The foe's Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 3
The foe's Blaziken used Shadow Claw!
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 166 HP! (33% of its health)
The foe's Blaziken is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Blaziken's substitute faded!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
It's super effective!
Go10 is watching the battle.
Giratina lost 180 HP! (35% of its health)

The foe's Blaziken lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Groudon was poisoned!
The foe's Groudon was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Groudon is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 5
Giratina used Rest!

The sunlight is strong!
giara is watching the battle.

Start of turn 6
Svefn-n-englar sent out Nattorei! (Ferrothorn)

Giratina is fast asleep!
Giratina used Rest!
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 7

Svefn-n-englar called Nattorei back!
The foe's Blaziken was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Blaziken is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 8

The foe's Blaziken used Hi Jump Kick!
It had no effect!
The foe's Blaziken kept going and crashed!
The foe's Blaziken lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Blaziken fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 9

The foe's Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of FakeFireburn's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 10
Svefn-n-englar sent out Arceus-Ghost!
The foe's Arceus-Ghost was poisoned!

Forretress used Rapid Spin!
It had no effect!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Arceus-Ghost is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 11
Svefn-n-englar called Arceus-Ghost back!
Svefn-n-englar sent out Palkia!
The foe's Palkia was poisoned!

The foe's Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
Chansey is hurt by spikes!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Palkia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 12
Svefn-n-englar called Palkia back!

Chansey used Wish!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13
Chansey used Snatch!
Chansey waits for a target to make a move!

The foe's Arceus-Ghost used Roar!
Blaziken is hurt by spikes!
Blaziken was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14

The foe's Groudon lost 47% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 15
Blaziken used Protect!
Blaziken protected itself!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Groudon lost 22% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Go10: il t'a bien eu lÃ

Start of turn 17
The foe's Arceus-Ghost lost 59% of its health!

Forretress is hurt by spikes!
Forretress was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Arceus-Ghost fainted!
Svefn-n-englar sent out Mewtwo!
The foe's Mewtwo was poisoned!

The foe's Mewtwo is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 18
The foe's Mewtwo used Calm Mind!
The foe's Mewtwo's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Mewtwo's Sp. Def. rose!

Forretress used Gyro Ball!
The foe's Mewtwo lost 29% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Mewtwo is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 19
The foe's Mewtwo used Psystrike!
A critical hit!
Forretress lost 283 HP! (79% of its health)
The foe's Mewtwo is hurt by its Life Orb!
Svefn-n-englar: gha

The foe's Mewtwo lost 4% of its health!
Forretress blew away Spikes!
Forretress blew away Stealth Rock!

The sunlight is strong!
Svefn-n-englar: j'ai cru au switch

Start of turn 20
Forretress lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)
Forretress fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 21
The foe's Mewtwo used Fire Blast!
Lugia lost 287 HP! (68% of its health)
Lugia was burned!
The foe's Mewtwo fainted!

Lugia used Roost!
Lugia regained health!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 22
FakeFireburn called Lugia back!
FakeFireburn sent out Groudon!

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
Groudon was seeded!

The sunlight is strong!
Groudon's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 23

Pointed stones float in the air around Svefn-n-englar's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 24
FakeFireburn called Groudon back!

The foe's Palkia used Spacial Rend!
Chansey lost 109 HP! (16% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 25

Chansey used Wish!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26

The foe's Nattorei used Gyro Ball!

The sunlight is strong!
Svefn-n-englar: gg
Go10: EOTL

Start of turn 27
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 100% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Palkia!

Start of turn 28
Blaziken used Protect!

The attack of the foe's Palkia missed!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 29
The logs ended and failed here for some reason.(this isn't a joke I am serious)
the battle ended with chicken's High Jump Kick killing Palkia.

Battle between Alex Walls and FakeFireburn started!

Tier: DW Uber
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Alex Walls sent out Ninjask!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Ninjask used Substitute!
The foe's Ninjask made a substitute!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Alex Walls's team!

The foe's Ninjask's Speed Boost increases its speed!
The foe's Ninjask's Speed rose!
The foe's Ninjask restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Ninjask used Swords Dance!
The foe's Ninjask's Attack sharply rose!

The foe's Ninjask's substitute faded!

Start of turn 3
The foe's Ninjask used Protect!
The foe's Ninjask protected itself!

Start of turn 4

Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Alex Walls's team!

Start of turn 5

Start of turn 6
The foe's Ninjask used Baton Pass!
Alex Walls called Ninjask back!
Alex Walls sent out Ho-oh! (Ho-Oh)

The foe's Ho-oh lost 21% of its health!

The foe's Ho-oh restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Ho-oh used Sacred Fire!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Ho-oh used Earthquake!
Forretress lost 23 HP! (6% of its health)
Forretress fainted!

Start of turn 9
Lugia lost 180 HP! (43% of its health)

Lugia used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Ho-oh lost 10% of its health!
The foe's Mentali is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Mentali was poisoned!
The foe's Mentali was dragged out!

The foe's Mentali restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Mentali is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Mentali used Reflect!
Reflect raised Alex Walls's team defense!

Lugia used Recover!
Lugia regained health!

Start of turn 11

The foe's Mentali used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised Alex Walls's team special defense!

Start of turn 12
But it failed!

Blaziken used Swords Dance!
Blaziken's Attack sharply rose!

Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 13

The foe's Mentali used Calm Mind!
The foe's Mentali's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Mentali's Sp. Def. rose!

Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Mentali lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Mentali fainted!

Alex Walls's reflect wore off!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Ho-oh lost 98% of its health!
The foe's Ho-oh fainted!

Alex Walls's light screen wore off!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
FakeFireburn: yo I have 1116 Attack
Alex Walls sent out Latios!

Start of turn 16
A critical hit!
The foe's Latios lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!

Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 17
It's super effective!
The foe's Ninjask lost 80% of its health!
The foe's Ninjask fainted!

Blaziken's Speed rose!
Alex Walls sent out Arceus! (Arceus-Steel)

Start of turn 18
Blaziken used Protect!

The foe's Arceus used Dragon Pulse!

Start of turn 19
It's super effective!
The foe's Arceus lost 87% of its health!

Alex Walls sent out Groudon!

Start of turn 20
The foe's Groudon lost 87% of its health!
Blaziken fainted!

Alex Walls: Good Game :(

I am FakeFireburn in all the battles. I got mad of Fireburn because he made me sad. Anyway, Chicken isn't so bad. Oh yeah, I hate frail mons, so I use Leftovers instead of Life Orb, Flare Blitz does about 48% to Impish Groudon without LO at +0 if you are Adamant which is the one I am using. LO just dies to easily. I like bulky mons, especially Lugia / Chansey and uhm Gyarados. Losing to Mewtwo / speed tie with Shaymin-S is fine with me because I have Giratina and Lugia to check it. I can't believe I am actually using Blaziken to see if Fireburn was right :(

Anyway, Blaziken sucks is awesome, although I still like Gyarados more.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Arceus's Extremespeed tears it in half. You should mention revenge kill by scarfers are foiled by Speed Boost :P Rayquaza does a truck load to it with Extremspeed so Blaziken's sweep won't be long. I won't mention Lucario because it sucks now and is extinct in Ubers currently. Scarf Shaymin-S and the rare Scarf Mewtwo (although it probably sucks) is faster than Blaziken even after 2 Speed Boosts. Scarf Darkrai outspeeds it too X___X so it can Dark Void Blaziken to sleep or KO with Focus Blast.

I mentioned priority in the counters section, but I'll had Scarfmin-S + ScarfTwo

-.- Blaziken has some other flaws :P It is slow initially and needs to gain some Speed before sweeping. Rain makes Flare Blitz hits like a duck instead of like a truck. You can't sweep with Flare Blitz if the weather is rainy. High Jump Kick is an awesome and potentially risky move so you can't spam it randomly if you opponent has a Ghost. The non perfect accuracy can be suicidal when it misses. Flare Blitz recoil sucks.

Will mention.

Wow, I never knew a chicken can be that powerful :( dam, this is stronger than a +1 Gyarados.

Suck it. :P

Priority still bypasses the boosts so you should mention those :P Although Giratina-O's Shadow Sneak is freaking weak, Arceus and Rayquaza's Extremespeed will kill you.

Did mention those.

I like this calcuation. Anyway, you should put no HP and Defense Giratina-O. Giratina-O can run a physically defensive set too, see Jibaku's Giratina-O analysis. Physically defensive Giratina-O eats Blaziken.

mkay

You will still take Life Orb damage recoil :(

I think that's pretty obvious. :P

Giratina sometimes uses Earthquake, at least I do, so that somewhat counts I guess lol! I even put Earthquake for the moveset in the Giratina analysis :)

Will mention.

Mewtwo never OHKOes Poison Arceus with Psytrike. I am referring to Bold Poison Arceus here not CM set. Even Specs Mewtwo lol fails to KO Poison Arceus. Arceus is a bulky fart I am sure you know it.

Its still the best counter, though. :P

Giratina-O counters it too with a physically defensive spread.

Will mention.

In rain, Gliscor, Psychic Arceus(you won't KO with Shadow Claw if it's defensive even if you have Shadow Claw), Ghost Arceus and Ho-OH kills you. Ho-Oh seems lol in rain but hey it does counter you in rain. Gliscor is obvious because in rain Flare Blitz hits like Flame Wheel. Ghost Arceus survives Shadow Claw and give you a Judgment in the face XD If you are using Flare Blitz and no Shadow Claw, Ghost Arceus, Lugia and Cresselia will rape Blaziken in rain.

Ho-Oh is OHKOed by HJK after SR unfortunately. :<

I'll mention the others, though. Lugia is kinda screwed though unless it has EQ.

Quagsire seems lol but with Unaware it can come in on anything not named High Jump Kick and OHKO you with Earthquake. Oh yeah, Defensive Gyarados walls you regardless of the weather unless you use Stone Edge -.-

Gyarados sucks and I haven't seen one Unawae Quag. :P

QC APPROVED (2/2)

Jokes aside, Blaziken isn't so bad. I like Fire chicken because it bashes stall breakers such as Mewtwo, Darkrai, Dark Arceus, mono Bug Arceus, Dialga, and a fat piece of crappy metal known as Heatran. Although Jibaku's defensive Giratina-O made Blaziken sad.

I will say always use Flare Blitz, despite it being reliant on weather, without Flare Blitz, Blaziken just isn't breaking walls such as Lugia or Groudon. +2 High Jump Kick just doesn't kill Groudon and Lugia won't fall to a +2 Shadow Claw. Flare Blitz is a guaranteed OHKO on both with one SD as long as you have LO lol. Shadow Claw is really only for Psychics and Ghost in the rain. Giratina still beats you anyway.

If you still doubt I used Blaziken, here are some logs...

Battle between FakeFireburn and ShinyAzelf started!

Rule: Disallow Spects

Start of turn 1
The foe's Groudon used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!

Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of ShinyAzelf's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 2

Giratina lost 138 HP! (27% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 3

Giratina used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Groudon was burned!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
ShinyAzelf called Groudon back!

Forretress fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Heatran's Flash Fire raised the power of its Fire-type moves!

The foe's Heatran used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into Groudon!
Groudon was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!
FakeFireburn: oh

Start of turn 6
ShinyAzelf called Heatran back!

Pointed stones float in the air around ShinyAzelf's team!

The sunlight is strong!
FakeFireburn: i forgot flash fire

Start of turn 7
ShinyAzelf called Nattorei back!
ShinyAzelf sent out Shandera! (Chandelure)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Shandera!
The foe's Shandera is hurt by spikes!

Groudon used Fire Blast!
The foe's Shandera lost 29% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Shandera used Overheat!
Groudon lost 382 HP! (94% of its health)
The foe's Shandera's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Groudon used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Shandera lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Shandera fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
ShinyAzelf sent out Latias!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latias!

Start of turn 9
Groudon lost 47 HP! (11% of its health)
Groudon fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 10

Chansey used Toxic!
The foe's Latias was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 11

Chansey used Wish!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12
Pointed stones dug into Lugia!

A critical hit!
Lugia lost 242 HP! (58% of its health)

FakeFireburn: :(
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13
Lugia lost 283 HP! (68% of its health)

Lugia used Roost!
Lugia regained health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14
Lugia lost 120 HP! (28% of its health)

Lugia used Roost!
Lugia regained health!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Latias fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Heatran!

Start of turn 15
Lugia used Reflect!
Reflect raised FakeFireburn's team defense!

Lugia was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 16

Lugia can't use Whirlwind after the taunt!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 17
Lugia used Ice Beam!

Lugia is already poisoned.

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 18
Lugia used Ice Beam!

The attack of the foe's Heatran missed!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!
Lugia's taunt ended!

Start of turn 19
Lugia used Ice Beam!
The foe's Heatran lost 2% of its health!

FakeFireburn's reflect wore off!
The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 20
Lugia used Ice Beam!
A critical hit!
The foe's Heatran lost 6% of its health!

The foe's Heatran used Lava Plume!
Lugia lost 111 HP! (26% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by poison!
Lugia fainted!

Start of turn 21
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 97% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
ShinyAzelf sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Arceus!

Start of turn 22
It's super effective!
The foe's Arceus lost 75% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Nattorei used Protect!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 24
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 81% of its health!
ShinyAzelf: gg

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Groudon!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Groudon lost 50% of its health!

It's super effective!
Blaziken fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26
Giratina used Rest!

Giratina lost 70 HP! (13% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
FakeFireburn: no Def Giratina lol

Start of turn 27
Giratina is fast asleep!
The foe's Groudon lost 6% of its health!

FakeFireburn: it has no Def evs

Battle between Svefn-n-englar and FakeFireburn started!

Tier: BW Uber
Variation: +26, -53
Rule: Rated

Start of turn 1

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Svefn-n-englar's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 2

The foe's Blaziken used Substitute!
The foe's Blaziken made a substitute!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 3
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 166 HP! (33% of its health)

The foe's Blaziken's substitute faded!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
It's super effective!
Go10 is watching the battle.
Giratina lost 180 HP! (35% of its health)

The foe's Blaziken lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Groudon was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 5
Giratina used Rest!

The sunlight is strong!
giara is watching the battle.

Start of turn 6

Giratina is fast asleep!
Giratina used Rest!
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 7

The foe's Blaziken was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Blaziken is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 8

The foe's Blaziken used Hi Jump Kick!
It had no effect!
The foe's Blaziken kept going and crashed!
The foe's Blaziken lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Blaziken fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 9

The foe's Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of FakeFireburn's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Arceus-Ghost was poisoned!

It had no effect!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Palkia was poisoned!

Chansey is hurt by spikes!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12

Chansey used Wish!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13
Chansey used Snatch!
Chansey waits for a target to make a move!

Blaziken is hurt by spikes!
Blaziken was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14

The foe's Groudon lost 47% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 15
Blaziken used Protect!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Groudon lost 22% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Go10: il t'a bien eu lÃ

Start of turn 17
The foe's Arceus-Ghost lost 59% of its health!

Forretress is hurt by spikes!
Forretress was dragged out!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Arceus-Ghost fainted!
Svefn-n-englar sent out Mewtwo!
The foe's Mewtwo was poisoned!

The foe's Mewtwo is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 18
The foe's Mewtwo used Calm Mind!
The foe's Mewtwo's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Mewtwo's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Mewtwo lost 29% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 19
A critical hit!
Forretress lost 283 HP! (79% of its health)
Svefn-n-englar: gha

The foe's Mewtwo lost 4% of its health!
Forretress blew away Spikes!
Forretress blew away Stealth Rock!

The sunlight is strong!
Svefn-n-englar: j'ai cru au switch

Start of turn 20
Forretress lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)
Forretress fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 21
The foe's Mewtwo used Fire Blast!
Lugia lost 287 HP! (68% of its health)
Lugia was burned!
The foe's Mewtwo fainted!

Lugia used Roost!
Lugia regained health!

The sunlight is strong!
Lugia is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 22
FakeFireburn sent out Groudon!

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
Groudon was seeded!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 23

Pointed stones float in the air around Svefn-n-englar's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 24
FakeFireburn called Groudon back!

Chansey lost 109 HP! (16% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 25

Chansey used Wish!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26

The foe's Nattorei used Gyro Ball!

The sunlight is strong!
Svefn-n-englar: gg
Go10: EOTL

Start of turn 27
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 100% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Palkia!

Start of turn 28
Blaziken used Protect!

The attack of the foe's Palkia missed!

The sunlight is strong!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 29
The logs ended and failed here for some reason.(this isn't a joke I am serious)
the battle ended with chicken's High Jump Kick killing Palkia.

Battle between Alex Walls and FakeFireburn started!

Tier: DW Uber
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Start of turn 1

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Alex Walls's team!

Start of turn 2

Start of turn 3
The foe's Ninjask used Protect!

Start of turn 4

Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Alex Walls's team!

Start of turn 5

Start of turn 6
The foe's Ninjask used Baton Pass!
Alex Walls called Ninjask back!

Start of turn 7
It's super effective!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Ho-oh used Earthquake!
Forretress lost 23 HP! (6% of its health)
Forretress fainted!

Start of turn 9
Lugia lost 180 HP! (43% of its health)

Lugia used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Ho-oh lost 10% of its health!
The foe's Mentali is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Mentali was poisoned!
The foe's Mentali was dragged out!

Start of turn 10
Reflect raised Alex Walls's team defense!

Lugia used Recover!
Lugia regained health!

Start of turn 11

The foe's Mentali used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised Alex Walls's team special defense!

Start of turn 12
But it failed!

Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 13

The foe's Mentali used Calm Mind!
The foe's Mentali's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Mentali's Sp. Def. rose!

Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Mentali lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Mentali fainted!

Alex Walls's reflect wore off!
Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Ho-oh lost 98% of its health!
The foe's Ho-oh fainted!

Alex Walls's light screen wore off!
Blaziken's Speed rose!
FakeFireburn: yo I have 1116 Attack
Alex Walls sent out Latios!

Start of turn 16
A critical hit!
The foe's Latios lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!

Blaziken's Speed rose!

Start of turn 17
It's super effective!
The foe's Ninjask lost 80% of its health!
The foe's Ninjask fainted!

Blaziken's Speed rose!
Alex Walls sent out Arceus! (Arceus-Steel)

Start of turn 18
Blaziken used Protect!

The foe's Arceus used Dragon Pulse!

Start of turn 19
It's super effective!
The foe's Arceus lost 87% of its health!

Alex Walls sent out Groudon!

Start of turn 20
The foe's Groudon lost 87% of its health!
Blaziken fainted!

Alex Walls: Good Game :(

I am FakeFireburn in all the battles. I got mad of Fireburn because he made me sad. Anyway, Chicken isn't so bad. Oh yeah, I hate frail mons, so I use Leftovers instead of Life Orb, Flare Blitz does about 48% to Impish Groudon without LO at +0 if you are Adamant which is the one I am using. LO just dies to easily. I like bulky mons, especially Lugia / Chansey and uhm Gyarados. Losing to Mewtwo / speed tie with Shaymin-S is fine with me because I have Giratina and Lugia to check it. I can't believe I am actually using Blaziken to see if Fireburn was right :(

I'll put a mention of Leftovers somewhere.

Anyway, Blaziken sucks is awesome, although I still like Gyarados more.
Mkay, I'll get this written up asap.

Not sure about this yet, but I saw Eo Ut Mortus used a Mixed Blaziken set and it did well. The set sucked vs my team though when we battled.

The set is probably
[SET]
name: Mixed Chicky
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Hidden Power Ice / Stone Edge
move 4: High Jump Kick
item: Life Orb
nature: Rash / Naive
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Fire Blast can OHKO some Groudons and it does major damage to anything not resistant to it. Lugia can be 2HKOed with sunlight while Ghost / Poison Arceus takes a lot of damage. Hidden Power Ice 3HKOes Giratina-O and can 2HKO if it's weaken enough and it OHKOes Garchomp and Rayquaza too. Stone Edge kills Ho-Oh in one hit since Swords Dance isn't on this set. High Jump Kick still kills Chansey, Blissey and Heatran. Might worth a try.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see the point of that set, though, since what does it do that SD Blaziken can't? Even in OU, I saw this set to be redundant. The physical walls are either 1) OHKOed by +2 Flare Blitz (Groudon), 2) resists Fire Blast (Giratina, which counters you full stop anyway), 3) has better Special Defense than physical anyway (Lugia, uninvested). There's no point 3HKOing Giratina-O with HP Ice when you can just OHKO it with sun-boosted Flare Blitz, you get what I mean?

That set OHKOes Groudon at +0, maybe that can be useful. It also OHKOes Rayquaza which is something Arceus can't do barr Stone Edge.

Unofficial grammar check, changes and stuff in red.

It gets STAB and has high base power, and with sunlight support it becomes so powerful it can OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage and one Swords Dance. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer power of that attack just shows how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKO (OHKO'd or OHKOed) by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is also just a good attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick, in case the opponent has a Ghost-type or something of the sort. [This last sentence is awkward with the 'just' repetition.]</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Blaziken cannot take any hits even with investment, so Blaziken's Attack and Speed stats are given full EV investment to optimize its sweeping abilities. Jolly is by far the preferred nature on this set. It allos allows Blaziken to outspeed Mewtwo and Shaymin-S after one Speed boost, and Choice Scarf Terrakion after two. Life Orb is the preferred item to afford Blaziken as much power as possible. However, Leftovers helps Blaziken mitigate recoil damage. It is a better choice for Blaziken if it is being used on a stall team so it doesn't die as quickly, where it mainly kept to check common stall breakers such as Darkrai and Heatran. [This sentence is also grammatically awkward and needs changing.] An Adamant nature can be used if running Leftovers to make up for the power lost by dropping Life Orb.</p>

<p>Groudon should always be used alongside Blaziken. It provides the sunlight necessary to power up Flare Blitz and can also set up Stealth Rock, needed for Blaziken to obtain crucial KOes on Pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Groudon is also a wonderful check to Rayquaza and physical Arceus, who would otherwise destroy Blaziken with Extremespeed before it could move,; and Poison Arceus, who walls Blaziken if it is not backed bu sunlight support.</p>

<p>Giratina is the only Pokemon that is capable of outright walling Blaziken. The flaming chicken cannot come close to OHKOing the ghost dragon with any sort of attack, and Giratina can either force Blaziken out of the battlefield with Dragon Tail or just kill it outright will with Outrage. A defensive Giratina-O, although uncommon, can perform a similar function. If the sunlight isn't shining, [grammar] Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus can all take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with a super effective attack. It is no wonder then why Darkrai is a perfect partner for [repetition of 'for'] for Blaziken. All of the aforementioned Pokemon will turn tail and run at the very sight of Darkrai, who can help pave the way for a Blaziken sweep by setting up using Nasty Plot and then severely damaging the foe's team with its own boosted hits. Dialga can also come in on Giratina and Giratina-O relatively easily and pound them into dust with Draco Meteor, and Dark Arceus is a great counter to Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus thanks to its natural type advantage.</p>

<p>Although Kyogre cannot counter Blaziken directly as Hi Jump Kick will waste the bloated whale before it can even get off an attack, it will severely hinder its ability to sweep by swapping out the precious sunlight with a furious maelstrom of rain, which will render Flare Blitz mostly useless. For this reason, it is recommended to pack reliable Kyogre counters when using Blaziken. Palkia and Grass Arceus can both come in on the beast's mighty Water-type assaults with relative ease and put it down with powerful super effective Thunders and Judgments, respectively.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Shadow Claw still nails Giratina-O for a OHKO after Stealth Rock damage and a boost from Swords Dance while hitting Lugia, Cresselia, Ghost Arceus, and Psychic Arceus for solid damage. It also makes Blaziken not weather dependent and doesn't cause it to take huge amounts of recoil damage. However, Shadow Claw fails to OHKO Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus, which overall makes it far inferior to Flare Blitz. It also fails to OHKO Mewtwo without a Swords Dance boost as well. Stone Edge hurts Lugia a lot more than Shadow Claw does while also murdering Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, but a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun will usually KO them after Stealth Rock, anyway, so its not of much use. Work Up increases Blaziken's Special Attack stat as well as its Attack stat, but even with the buffered Special Attack it cannot defeat Giratina with any special attack, which would be the main point in using it. Choice Band can grant Blaziken more immediate power, but locking Blaziken into one attack is too restrictive for it and is counter productive with Speed Boost.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Giratina is Blaziken's only real counter. Try as it might, Blaziken cannot OHKO with any attack while Giratina can just phaze it out with Dragon Tail or tear it apart with Outrage. Defensive variants of Giratina-O also perform a similar function, although it won't quite take Blaziken's hits as effectively. If not raining, Psychic Arceus, Ghost Arceus, Cresselia, Lugia, and Gliscor can all take a Flare Blitz and either phaze out Blaziken or KO it with a super effective attack. Rayquaza and Normal Arceus can also bypass Blaziken's Speed boosts with Extremespeed, which will cut through its low Defense like a hot knife through butter. Toxic Spikes also grealty greatly annoys Blaziken as the passive damage combined with Life Orb will kill it off very quickly. Both of Blaziken's STAB attacks also have a change chance of inflicting recoil damage, so smart switching between Ghost-types and bulky Water- or Dragon-types will cause the recoil to add up and eventually bring about Blaziken's demise.</p>

I'm confused... why is Flash Fire Chandelure not a counter to Blaziken? Because of Stone Edge?

I mean, against the set in the original post, Chandelure would have a field day, being immune to the only two attacks that set's Blaziken has. It can easily just switch in and then the opportunities are endless.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm confused... why is Flash Fire Chandelure not a counter to Blaziken? Because of Stone Edge?

I mean, against the set in the original post, Chandelure would have a field day, being immune to the only two attacks that set's Blaziken has. It can easily just switch in and then the opportunities are endless.
Chandelure is not used in standard ubers.

There's more than one Uber tier? Clearly, I'm out of the loop, here. Essentially, then, there's a Shadow Tag tier?

This could be made more obvious to newcomers, I think. I mean, the OU Ban List (http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=149&a=187) doesn't even have Chandelure and Wobbufet on it, and there isn't a topic anywhere titled "Ubers Ban List". So newcomers, especially those who have not played the previous Gens could easily assume that Chand and Wobb are fine.

Regardless, that pretty much answers my questions.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Changes in bold
Removals in red
Comments in bold red

[Overview]

<p>Forging new ground as the first "starter" Pokemon to ever become Uber, Blaziken may seem like it has a lot to live up to in the Uber metagame. However, the fighting chicken is perfectly capable of functioning well in Ubers, mostly due to its ability, (comma) Speed Boost. Thanks to Speed Boost, as Blaziken accumulates boosts over the course of the match, it will become nearly impossible to revenge kill. Once enough boosts have been gathered, Blaziken can sweep rather easily with its sizable Attack stat and mighty STAB Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, the former hitting a staggering 130 Base Power and the latter amped up by sunlight, making it nearly impossible to wall and enabling it to rip through most of the metagame with its powerful hits. Although it is frail and its STAB moves have unappealing side effects (Hi Jump Kick misses and Flare Blitz both cause huge amounts of recoil damage), Blaziken is still a massive threat that needs to be considered when making a team.</p>

[SET]

[Set Comments]

<p>Swords Dance pumps up Blaziken's solid Attack stat to a frightening 678 or 734, depending on the nature used. When Speed Boost is thrown into the mix, Blaziken suddenly turns into a potent sweeper that only becomes harder and harder to revenge kill as time passes and more Speed boosts are obtained.</p>

<p>Hi Jump Kick is the main sweeping attack Blaziken will employ, and after a Swords Dance it will OHKO every common Pokemon in Ubers that does not resist it save the bulkiest of Groudon, quite an impressive feat. Protect ensures that Blaziken will obtain at least one Speed boost before sweeping, and it helps make up for its low initial Speed. Flare Blitz rounds out the coverage and has the potential to be Blaziken's most powerful option by far. It gets STAB, (comma) has high Base Power, and with sunlight support it becomes so powerful it can OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage and one Swords Dance. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer damage output of that attack just shows how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKO by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is also just a good attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick, in case the opponent has a Ghost-type or something of the sort.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Blaziken cannot take any hits even with investment, so Blaziken's Attack and Speed stats are given full EV investment to optimize its sweeping abilities. Jolly is by far the preferred nature on this set. It allows Blaziken to outspeed Mewtwo and Shaymin-S after one Speed boost, and Choice Scarf Terrakion after two. Life Orb is the preferred item to afford Blaziken as much power as possible. However, Leftovers helps Blaziken mitigate recoil damage. It is a better choice for Blaziken if it is being used on a stall team so it doesn't die as quickly, where it is mainly used to check common stallbreakers, such as Darkrai and Heatran. An Adamant nature can be used if running Leftovers to make up for the power lost by dropping Life Orb.</p>

<p>Groudon should always be used alongside Blaziken. It provides the sunlight necessary to power up Flare Blitz and can also set up Stealth Rock, which is needed for Blaziken to obtain crucial KOs on Pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Groudon is also a wonderful check to Rayquaza and physical Arceus, who would otherwise destroy Blaziken with ExtremeSpeed before it could move, and Poison Arceus, who walls Blaziken if it is not backed by sunlight support.</p>

<p>Giratina is the only Pokemon that is capable of outright walling Blaziken. The flaming chicken cannot come close to OHKOing the spectral lizard with any sort of attack, and Giratina can either force Blaziken out of the battlefield with Dragon Tail or just kill it outright with Outrage. A defensive Giratina-O, although uncommon, can perform a similar function. If the sun isn't shining, Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus can all take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with a super effective attack. It is no wonder then why Darkrai is a perfect partner for for Blaziken. All of the aforementioned Pokemon will turn tail and run at the very sight of Darkrai, who can help pave the way for a Blaziken sweep by setting up using Nasty Plot and then severely damaging the foe's team with its own boosted hits. Dialga can also come in Giratina and Giratina-O relatively easily and pound them into dust with Draco Meteor, while Dark Arceus is a great counter to Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus thanks to its natural type advantage.</p>

<p>Although Kyogre cannot counter Blaziken directly as Hi Jump Kick will waste the bloated whale before it can even get off an attack, it will severely hinder its ability to sweep by swapping out the precious sunlight with a furious maelstrom of rain, which will render Flare Blitz mostly useless. For this reason, it is recommended to pack reliable Kyogre counters when using Blaziken. Palkia and Grass Arceus can both come in on the beast's mighty Water-type assaults with relative ease and put it down with powerful super effective Thunders and Judgments, respectively.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Shadow Claw still nails Giratina-O for an OHKO after Stealth Rock damage and a boost from Swords Dance while hitting Lugia, Cresselia, Ghost Arceus, and Psychic Arceus for solid damage. It also makes Blaziken less weather dependent and doesn't cause it to take huge amounts of recoil damage. However, Shadow Claw still fails to OHKO Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus, which overall makes it far inferior to Flare Blitz. It also fails to OHKO Mewtwo without a Swords Dance boost as well. Stone Edge hurts Lugia a lot more than Shadow Claw does while also murdering Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, but a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun will usually KO them after Stealth Rock, anyway, so it's not of much use. Work Up increases Blaziken's Special Attack stat as well as its Attack stat, but even with the buffered Special Attack it cannot defeat Giratina with any special attack, which would be the main point in using it. Choice Band can grant Blaziken more immediate power, but locking Blaziken into one attack is too restrictive for it and is counter-productive with Speed Boost.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Giratina is Blaziken's only real counter. Try as it might, Blaziken cannot OHKO it with any attack (unless in the unlikely event it gets 3 Swords Dance boosts and has sun support) while Giratina can just phaze it out with Dragon Tail or tear it apart with Outrage. Defensive variants of Giratina-O also perform a similar function, although it won't quite take Blaziken's hits quite as effectively. If it is raining, Psychic Arceus, Ghost Arceus, Cresselia, Lugia, and Gliscor can all take a Flare Blitz and either phaze out Blaziken or KO it with a super effective attack. Rayquaza and Normal Arceus can also bypass Blaziken's Speed boosts with ExtremeSpeed, which will cut through its low Defense like a hot knife through butter. Toxic Spikes also grealty annoys Blaziken as the passive damage combined with Life Orb will kill it off very quickly. Both of Blaziken's STAB attacks also have a change of inflicting recoil damage, so smart switching between Ghost-types and bulky Water- or Dragon-types will cause the recoil to add up and eventually bring about Blaziken's demise.</p>

great work. just a few typos and grammar errors to clear up.

(1/2)

Would giving it a Focus Sash be useful? I know it'd be risky, but it would help to set up with Protect/Sword Dance/Protect.

Then again, that'd only be useful if you send it out against someone that out speeds a speed boost... but it is good against Garchomp.

[Overview]

<p>Forging new ground as the first "starter" Pokemon to ever become Uber, Blaziken may seem like it has a lot to live up to in the Uber metagame. However, the fighting chicken is perfectly capable of functioning well in Ubers, mostly due to its ability, Speed Boost. Thanks to Speed Boost, as Blaziken accumulates boosts over the course of the match, it will become nearly impossible to revenge kill. Blaziken will become nearly impossible to revenge kill as the boosts accumulate. Once enough boosts have been gathered, Blaziken can sweep rather easily with its sizable Attack stat and mighty STAB Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, the former hitting a staggering 130 Base Power, and the latter amped up by sunlight, making it nearly impossible to wall and enabling it to rip through most of the metagame with its powerful hits. Although it is frail and its STAB moves have unappealing side effects (Hi Jump Kick misses and Flare Blitz both cause huge amounts of recoil damage), Blaziken is still a massive threat that needs to be considered when making a team.</p>

[SET]

[Set Comments]

<p>Hi Jump Kick is the main sweeping attack Blaziken will employ, and after a Swords Dance, it will OHKO every common Pokemon in Ubers that does not resist it save the bulkiest of Groudon, quite an impressive feat. Protect ensures that Blaziken will obtain at least one Speed boost before sweeping, and it helps make up for its low initial Speed. Flare Blitz rounds out the coverage and has the potential to be Blaziken's most powerful option by far. It gets STAB, has high Base Power, and with sunlight support, it becomes so powerful it can OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage and one Swords Dance. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer damage output of that attack just shows how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKO by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is also just a good attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick, in case the opponent has a Ghost-type or something of the sort.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Blaziken cannot take any hits even with investment, so Blaziken's Attack and Speed stats are given full EV investment to optimize its sweeping abilities. Jolly is by far the preferred nature on this set. It allows Blaziken to outspeed Mewtwo and Shaymin-S after one Speed boost, and Choice Scarf Terrakion after two. Life Orb is the preferred item to afford grant Blaziken as much power as possible. However, Leftovers helps Blaziken mitigate recoil damage. It is a better choice for Blaziken if it is being used on a stall team so it doesn't die as quickly, where it is mainly used to check common stallbreakers, such as Darkrai and Heatran. An Adamant nature can be used if running Leftovers to make up for the power lost by dropping Life Orb.</p>

<p>Groudon should always be used alongside Blaziken. It provides the sunlight necessary to power up Flare Blitz and can also set up Stealth Rock, which is needed for Blaziken to obtain crucial KOs on Pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Groudon is also a wonderful check to Rayquaza and physical Arceus, who would otherwise destroy Blaziken with ExtremeSpeed before it could move, and Poison Arceus, who walls Blaziken if it is it's not backed by sun support.</p>

<p>Giratina is the only Pokemon that is capable of outright walling Blaziken. The flaming chicken cannot come close to OHKOing the sunlight support.</p> spectral lizard with any sort of attack, and Giratina can either force Blaziken out of the battlefield with Dragon Tail, or just kill it outright with Outrage. A defensive Giratina-O, although uncommon, can perform a similar function. If the sun isn't shining, Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus can all take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with a super effective attack. It is It's no wonder then why Darkrai is a perfect partner for for Blaziken. All of the aforementioned Pokemon will turn tail and run at the very sight of Darkrai, who can help pave the way for a Blaziken sweep by setting up using with Nasty Plot and then severely damaging the foe's team with its own boosted hits. Dialga can also come in on Giratina and Giratina-O relatively easily and pound them into dust with Draco Meteor, while Dark Arceus is a great counter to Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus thanks to its natural type advantage.</p>

<p>Although Kyogre cannot counter Blaziken directly as Hi Jump Kick will waste the bloated whale before it can even get off an attack, it will severely hinder its Blaziken's ability to sweep by swapping out the precious sunlight with a furious maelstrom of rain, which will render Flare Blitz mostly useless. For this reason, it is recommended to pack reliable Kyogre counters when using Blaziken. Palkia and Grass Arceus can both come in on the beast's mighty Water-type assaults with relative ease and put it down with powerful super effective Thunders and Judgments, respectively.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Shadow Claw still nails Giratina-O for an OHKO after Stealth Rock damage and a boost from Swords Dance while hitting Lugia, Cresselia, Ghost Arceus, and Psychic Arceus for solid damage. It also makes Blaziken less weather dependent and doesn't cause it to take huge amounts of recoil damage. However, Shadow Claw still fails to OHKO Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus, which overall makes it far inferior to Flare Blitz. It also fails to OHKO Mewtwo without a Swords Dance boost as well. Stone Edge hurts Lugia a lot more than Shadow Claw does while also murdering Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, but a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun will usually KO them after Stealth Rock, anyway, so it's not of much use. Work Up increases Blaziken's Special Attack stat as well as its Attack stat, but even with the buffered increased Special Attack, it cannot defeat Giratina, which would be the main point in using it. Choice Band can grant Blaziken more immediate power, but locking Blaziken into one attack is too restrictive for it and is counter-productive with Speed Boost.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Giratina is Blaziken's only real counter. Try as it might, Blaziken cannot OHKO it with any attack (unless in the unlikely event it gets 3 Swords Dance boosts and has sun support) while Giratina can just phaze it out with Dragon Tail or tear it apart with Outrage. Defensive variants of Giratina-O also perform a similar function, although it won't take Blaziken's hits quite as effectively. If it is raining, Psychic Arceus, Ghost Arceus, Cresselia, Lugia, and Gliscor can all take a Flare Blitz, and either phaze out Blaziken or KO it with a super effective attack. Rayquaza and Normal Arceus can also bypass Blaziken's Speed boosts with ExtremeSpeed, which will cut through its low Defense like a hot knife through butter. Toxic Spikes also grealty greatly annoys Blaziken as the passive damage combined with Life Orb and Flare Blitz recoil will kill it off very quickly. Both of Blaziken's STAB attacks also have a change of inflicting recoil damage, so smart switching between Ghost-types and bulky Water- or Dragon-types will cause the recoil to add up and eventually bring about Blaziken's demise.</p>
Add
get rid of

small grammar mistakes

Quite interesting set! Anyway, I noticed some small mistakes. Hopefully, this post will be welcomed.

Blaziken

[Overview]

<p>Forging new ground as the first "starter" Pokemon to ever become Uber, Blaziken may seem like it has a lot to live up to in the Uber metagame. However, the fighting chicken is perfectly capable of functioning well in Ubers, mostly due to its ability , Speed Boost. Thanks to Speed Boost, as Blaziken accumulates boosts over the course of the match, it will become nearly impossible to revenge kill. Once enough boosts have been gathered, Blaziken can sweep rather easily with its sizable Attack stat and mighty STAB Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, the former hitting a staggering 130 Base Power and the latter amped up by sunlight, making it nearly impossible to wall and enabling it to rip through most of the metagame with its powerful hits. Although it is frail and its STAB moves have unappealing side effects (Hi Jump Kick misses and Flare Blitz both cause huge amounts of recoil damage), Blaziken is still a massive threat that needs to be considered when making a team.</p>

[SET]

[Set Comments]

<p>Hi Jump Kick is the main sweeping attack Blaziken will employ, and after a Swords Dance it will OHKO every common Pokemon in Ubers that does not resist it save the bulkiest of Groudon, quite an impressive feat. Protect ensures that Blaziken will obtain at least one Speed boost before sweeping, and it helps make up for its low initial Speed. Flare Blitz rounds out the coverage and has the potential to be Blaziken's most powerful option by far. It gets STAB, has high Base Power, and with sunlight support it becomes so powerful it can OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage and one Swords Dance. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer damage output of that attack just shows how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKO by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is also just a good attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick, in case the opponent has a Ghost-type or something of the sort.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Blaziken cannot take any hits even with investment, so Blaziken's Attack and Speed stats are given full EV investment to optimize its sweeping abilities. Jolly is by far the preferred nature on this set. It allows Blaziken to outspeed Mewtwo and Shaymin-S after one Speed boost, and Choice Scarf Terrakion after two. Life Orb is the preferred item to afford Blaziken as much power as possible. However, Leftovers helps Blaziken mitigate recoil damage. It is a better choice for Blaziken if it is being used on a stall team so it doesn't die as quickly, where it is mainly used to check common stallbreakers, such as Darkrai and Heatran. An Adamant nature can be used if running Leftovers to make up for the power lost by dropping Life Orb.</p>

<p>Groudon should always be used alongside Blaziken. It provides the sunlight necessary to power up Flare Blitz and can also set up Stealth Rock, which is needed for Blaziken to obtain crucial KOs on Pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Groudon is also a wonderful check to Rayquaza and physical Arceus, who would otherwise destroy Blaziken with ExtremeSpeed before it could move, and Poison Arceus, who walls Blaziken if it is not backed by

<p>Giratina is the only Pokemon that is capable of outright walling Blaziken. The flaming chicken cannot come close to OHKOing the sunlight support.</p> spectral lizard with any sort of attack, and Giratina can either force Blaziken out of the battlefield with Dragon Tail or just kill it outright with Outrage. A defensive Giratina-O, although uncommon, can perform a similar function. If the sun isn't shining, Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus can all take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with a super effective attack. It is no wonder then why Darkrai is a perfect partner for for Blaziken. All of the aforementioned Pokemon will turn tail and run at the very sight of Darkrai, who can help pave the way for a Blaziken sweep by setting up using Nasty Plot and then severely damaging the foe's team with its own boosted hits. Dialga can also come in Giratina and Giratina-O relatively easily and pound them into dust with Draco Meteor, while Dark Arceus is a great counter to Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus thanks to its natural type advantage.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Shadow Claw still nails Giratina-O for an OHKO after Stealth Rock damage and a boost from Swords Dance while hitting Lugia, Cresselia, Ghost Arceus, and Psychic Arceus for solid damage. It also makes Blaziken less weather dependent and doesn't cause it to take huge amounts of recoil damage. However, Shadow Claw still fails to OHKO Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus, which overall makes it far inferior to Flare Blitz. It also fails to OHKO Mewtwo without a Swords Dance boost as well. Stone Edge hurts Lugia a lot more than Shadow Claw does while also murdering Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, but a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun will usually KO them after Stealth Rock, anyway, so it's not of much use. Work Up increases Blaziken's Special Attack stat as well as its Attack stat, but even with the buffered Special Attack it cannot defeat Giratina, which would be the main point in using it. Choice Band can grant Blaziken more immediate power, but locking Blaziken into one attack is too restrictive for it and is counter-productive with Speed Boost.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Giratina is Blaziken's only real counter. Try as it might, Blaziken cannot OHKO it with any attack (unless in the unlikely event it gets 3 Swords Dance boosts and has sun support) while Giratina can just phaze it out with Dragon Tail or tear it apart with Outrage. Defensive variants of Giratina-O also perform a similar function, although it won't take Blaziken's hits quite as effectively. If it is raining, Psychic Arceus, Ghost Arceus, Cresselia, Lugia, and Gliscor can all take a Flare Blitz and either phaze out Blaziken or KO it with a super effective attack. Rayquaza and Normal Arceus can also bypass Blaziken's Speed boosts with ExtremeSpeed, which will cut through its low Defense like a hot knife through butter. Toxic Spikes also grealty annoys Blaziken as the passive damage combined with Life Orb will kill it off very quickly. Both of Blaziken's STAB attacks also have a change of inflicting recoil damage, so smart switching between Ghost-types and bulky Water- or Dragon-types will cause the recoil to add up and eventually bring about Blaziken's demise.</p>

I am working on top of Berserker Lord's proofread.

Deletions

Additions / Corrections
Comments

[Overview]

<p>Forging new ground as the first "starter" Pokemon to ever become Uber, Blaziken may seem like it has a lot to live up to in the Uber metagame. However, the fighting chicken is perfectly capable of functioning well in Ubers, mostly due to its ability, Speed Boost. Thanks to Speed Boost, as Blaziken accumulates boosts over the course of the match, it will become nearly impossible to revenge kill. Blaziken will become nearly impossible to revenge kill as the boosts accumulate. Once enough boosts have been gathered, Blaziken can sweep rather easily with its sizable Attack stat and mighty STAB Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, the former hitting a staggering 130 Base Power, and the latter amped up by sunlight, making it Blaziken nearly impossible to wall and enabling it to rip through most of the metagame with its powerful hits. Although it is frail and its STAB moves have unappealing side effects (Hi Jump Kickmisses and severely hurts Blaziken if it misses, and Flare Blitz both causes huge amounts of recoil damage), Blaziken is still a massive threat that needs to be considered when making a team.</p>

[SET]

[Set Comments]

<p>Hi Jump Kick is the main sweeping attack Blaziken will employ, and after a Swords Dance, it will OHKO every common Pokemon in Ubers that does not resist it save the bulkiest of Groudon, quite an impressive feat. Protect ensures that Blaziken will obtain at least one Speed boost before sweeping, and it helps makes up for its low initial Speed. Flare Blitz rounds out the coverage and has the potential to be Blaziken's most powerful option by far. It gets STAB, has high Base Power, and with sunlight support, it becomes so powerful it can OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage and one Swords Dance. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer damage output of that attack just shows how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKO by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Flare Blitz is also just a good attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick, in case the opponent has a Ghost-type or something of the sort.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Blaziken cannot take any hits even with investment, so Blaziken's Attack and Speed stats are given full EV investment to optimize its sweeping abilities. Jolly is by far the preferred nature on this set. It allows Blaziken to outspeed Mewtwo and Shaymin-S after one Speed boost, and Choice Scarf Terrakion after two. Life Orb is the preferred item to afford grant Blaziken as much power as possible. However, Leftovers helps Blaziken mitigate recoil damage. It is a better choice for Blaziken if it is being used on a stall team so it doesn't die as quickly, where it is mainly used to check common stallbreakers, such as Darkrai and Heatran. An Adamant nature can be used if running Leftovers to make up for the power lost by dropping Life Orb.</p>

<p>Groudon should always be used alongside Blaziken. It provides the sunlight necessary to power up Flare Blitz and can also set up Stealth Rock, which is needed for Blaziken to obtain crucial KOs on Pokemon such as Lugia and Giratina-O. Groudon is also a wonderful check to Rayquaza and physical Arceus, who would otherwise destroy Blaziken with ExtremeSpeed before it could move, and Poison Arceus, who walls Blaziken if it is it's not backed by sun support.</p>

<p>Giratina is the only Pokemon that is capable of outright walling Blaziken. The flaming chicken cannot come close to OHKOing the sunlight support.</p> spectral lizard with any sort of attack, and Giratina can either force Blaziken out of the battlefield with Dragon Tail, or just kill it outright with Outrage. A defensive Giratina-O, although uncommon, can perform a similar function. If the sun isn't shining, Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus can all take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with a super effective attack. It is It's no wonder then why Darkrai is a perfect partner for for Blaziken. All of the aforementioned Pokemon will turn tail and run at the very sight of Darkrai, who can help pave the way for a Blaziken sweep by setting up using with Nasty Plot and then severely damaging the foe's team with its own boosted hits. Dialga can also come in on Giratina and Giratina-O relatively easily and pound them into dust with Draco Meteor, while Dark Arceus is a great counter to Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus thanks to its natural type advantage.</p>

<p>Although Kyogre cannot counter Blaziken directly as Hi Jump Kick will waste the bloated whale before it can even get off an attack, it will severely hinder its Blaziken's ability to sweep by swapping out the precious sunlight with a furious maelstrom of rain, which will render Flare Blitz mostly useless. For this reason, it is recommended to pack reliable Kyogre counters when using Blaziken. Palkia and Grass Arceus can both come in on the beast's mighty Water-type assaults with relative ease and put it down with powerful super effective Thunders and Judgments, respectively.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Shadow Claw still nails Giratina-O for an OHKO after Stealth Rock damage and a boost from Swords Dance while hitting Lugia, Cresselia, Ghost Arceus, and Psychic Arceus for solid damage. It also makes Blaziken less weather dependent and doesn't cause it to take huge amounts of recoil damage. However, Shadow Claw still fails to OHKO Lugia, Cresselia, Psychic Arceus, and Ghost Arceus, which overall makes it far inferior to Flare Blitz. It also fails to OHKO Mewtwo without a Swords Dance boost as well. Stone Edge hurts Lugia a lot more than Shadow Claw does while also murdering Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, but a +2 Flare Blitz in the sun will usually KO them after Stealth Rock, anyway, so it's not of much use. Work Up increases Blaziken's Special Attack stat as well as its Attack stat, but even with the buffered increased Special Attack, it cannot defeat Giratina, which would be the main point in using it. Choice Band can grant Blaziken more immediate power, but locking Blaziken into one attack is too restrictive for it and is counter-productive with Speed Boost.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Giratina is Blaziken's only real counter. Try as it might, Blaziken cannot OHKO it with any attack (unless in the unlikely event it gets 3 Swords Dance boosts and has sun support) while Giratina can just phaze it out with Dragon Tail or tear it apart with Outrage. Defensive variants of Giratina-O also perform a similar function, although it won't take Blaziken's hits quite as effectively. If it is raining, Psychic Arceus, Ghost Arceus, Cresselia, Lugia, and Gliscor can all take a Flare Blitz, and either phaze out Blaziken or KO it with a super effective attack. Rayquaza and Normal Arceus can also bypass Blaziken's Speed boosts with ExtremeSpeed, which will cut through its low Defense like a hot knife through butter. Toxic Spikes also grealty greatly annoys Blaziken, as the passive damage combined with Life Orb and Flare Blitz recoil will kill it off very quickly. Both of Blaziken's STAB attacks also have a change of inflicting recoil damage, so smart switching between Ghost-types and bulky Water- or Dragon-types will cause the recoil to add up and eventually bring about Blaziken's demise.</p>

Excellent as always.

GP 2 / 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)