A Smogon App

Smogon users would definitely benefit from having an App (iOS app store and Android app store) for quick use without a web browser.

There should be sections to view the strategy pokedex, the Smog, the articles, and the forums.

It would be really useful to have an offline app, where all content would be able to be viewed without an internet connection.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, but jungleboy stopped working on it (and was subsequently debadged). Obviously the project would be approved if anyone wanted to take it up-- if you want it, try to make it happen.

It should probably be noted that:

On a related note, I received a notice from Apple saying Nintendo believes my Pokédex app infringes their copyright (it's true). I will be corresponding with Nintendo to resolve the issues; the outcome may affect how one would approach the development of the SmogonDex.

If you did create such an App, I think it'd be worth considering putting a two-stage timer designed for RNGing in it.

I use my Blackberry to get on the forums without a problem. I don't use the Dex much on my phone but it also works very nicely and I like the format of it. I have yet to find problems with finding anything on site from my phone, its quite nice.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nobody will oppose this.

Nobody will do this.

That's just how this turns out, and that's how it turned out last time. In the meantime, we just have to make do.

I would like that, like you can to subscribe to certain users and thread categorys just by clicking a button, its fast and easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)