BW OU 2K POST: Team WOLF GANG

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
WOLF GANG TEAM

"...rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends i had a threesome" -TTC

intro: hooray for irrelevant quotes that has no relation to my team whatsoever. the best sand storm team without any cheap antics like sub sd chomp. titled wolf gang because OFWGKTA is da best. yeah a little bit of background information for my team.. this is required right? anyways, this team is one of most successful teams from the previous rounds back when blaziken was present. it had plenty of successful surprises and sets that weren't well-known making some of my wins in the ladder high way robbery. but even knowing some of my team's surprises, it still managed to pull through because the team is constructed nicely. my team success ranges from peaking #3 in the ladder with a 1490 something rating under the alt f.

team build & synergy: yeah i came up with a sandstorm formula that made it so successful and i'm going to leak it! 2 water resists + 2 back-up checks to special threats + 2 sand storm sweepers. hence formed celebi + slowbro (water resists for rain team), + scizor and tyranitar (2 back-up checks to special threats), and two sweepers in the form of landorus and excadrill! getting the formula is simple but now tweaking the weaknesses and problem was the difficult part! to explain further to my formula, two water resists is required so that rain teams are never going to get above you because they are naturally that one play style that can bother sandstorm; two special checks because special attackers are normally problematic for a sandstorm team especially those latios + rain sweepers core that lure in tyranitar; and finally, two sand sweepers to take advantage of the sand and dish out damage.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

description: don't trip out with the placing of my team because celebi is there to lure in many pokemon at the start of the match. (it doesn't necessarily have to lead though). celebi acts as a my offensive-defensive glue-- oxymoron? nope. celebi does make a fine sweeper with nasty plot + great coverage and makes a fine defensive sponge to water-type moves from rain teams. its a cool pokemon to use with natural cure meaning it won't be discouraged after its been paralyzed or something. giga drain + psychic + hp fire provide optimal coverage. giga drain lets me heal without losing health easily, psychic lets me batter on dragonite, conkeldurr, salamence, and zapdos, whilst hp fire lets me fuck up scizor and nattorei for ohko (assuming rain is in play). let me tell you know skarm is a bitch and celebi can lure in skarmory and 2hko it with a boosted hidden power fire!

considering: recover > psychic.

Randorosu (Landorus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

description: this is one of the best sandstream abusers in the game and has very little counters bar bronzong and skarmory. i chose it because it can break those jirachi/gliscor/rotom-w cores with ease! (i have never lost to that kg team in the ladder once lol). with the influx of scarf/cb/sd landorus, there isn't a single game where i didn't get a substitute up. the simple premise is to hide behind a substitute and dish out boosted earthquake and stone edges. not much can take these hits neutrally and even nattorei is 3hkoed by leftovers earthquake. hidden power ice means that gliscor is lured however, some users are intelligent so i tend to stone edge first time around and hidden power ice the following turn. with this, i can sweep with excadrill relatively easier! yeah- landorus is my favorite ou pokemon right now, it hasn't failed me once!

considering: nothing!

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

description: one of the metagame's staples and for a good reason: sandstream. it's pretty evident by now that tyranitar is the best supporter in my team by activating two of my primary sweepers' ability and providing stealth rock support. he also adds a much needed check to plenty special threats with CHOPLE BERRY like gengar, thundurus, latios, latias, volcorona at full health (w/o life orb), and plenty more. the ev spread is pretty arbritary but it provides pretty good attacking prowess and i can ohko plenty things with pursuit (fleeing). rock slide ensures i can ohko thundurus while hitting stuff neutrally for great damage. fire blast means skarmory and ferrothorn can't set up easily- however, im looking for some more evs to possibly ohko ferrothorn. overall- this guy is pretty legit and possibly the best supporter in the metagame right now!

considering: different evs.. i suck at evs.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

description: with a fine-tuned slowbro in the newer generation, feast your eyes on one of the most annoying physical walls to exist. slowbro acts as my back-up water-type attack sponge because you're bound to have troubles in a tier filled with rain. specs hydro pump is a bitch so this is a pre-requisite for a sand team. anyways, i originally had this for blaziken back when it existed, but overtime i've grown to love slowbro due to its ability to check so many physical threats and provide paralysis support. i would list all of the physical threat slowbro checks but there's just too many; but to get the gist of it he checks excadrill, landorus, conkeldurr, darumaka, gliscor, etc. that's a host of motherfuckin' physical attackers and it really doesn't stop there. thunder wave provides paralysis, whilst the other two provide optimal coverage. scald is much needed to help me deal with swords dance gliscor, while psychic lets me beat virizon and conkeldurr on the switch. overall! i really love this guy!

considering: ice beam somewhere to really fully counter garchomp.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

description: swords dance scizor is the epitome of someone with raw power capable of battering all types of team: offensive, balanced, or stall. setting up is easily accomplished so getting one or two boosts is no problem. after 4 boosts though, everything is creamed resisted or non-resisted. 252 + adamant + LO ensures maximized damage output. to witness its power a +4 bullet punch can ohko gliscor, thundurus, excadrill, and many more. bug bite is scizor's strongest attack capable of ohkoing many walls after a single boost! superpower over roost? you're a fuckin' nut franky! nah- it's actually quite the beneficial addition to my team. it's my other way of luring skarmory and 2hkoing it with a boosted superpower. skarmory is the biggest problem to my team and i absolutely need to eliminate it from my match. the scenario follows: sd, skarmory switchs in, superpower, it spikes/brave birds/whirwind. if the latter move, i just pray the right pokemon switches in and applies enough pressure otherwise i'm going to have to rinse and repeat. if it spikes and brave bird, it will be pressured to roost leaving it vulnerable to a super effective superpower the following turn. from a defensive standpoint now, scizor makes a back-up check to stuff like latios and latias if tyranitar is in dire shape. overall, this dude has been a fantastic powerhouse and more people should try this guy out!

considering: a different ev spread? 20 spe lets me beat other sd scizors. (speed creeping)

Doryuuzu (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

description: please take a moment to look at one of the greatest sweepers to exist in pokemon. it is also one of the best revenge killers in the game with a doubled-speed in which no pokemon can beat with a scarf (bar scarf deoxys-s). with sand rush and a grand attack of 135 and access to swords dance, you're bound to struggle countering this literally without a gliscor, bronzong, and skarmory. thank god my team works together in tandem to lure in and severely weaken the previously mentioned. earthquake + rock slide provide optimal coverage alongside each other, whilst x-scissor lets me hit slowbro, reuinculus, and latios and latias for super effective damage! i usually bring this guy late game to sweep the dirt for me. the only case where i have to bring him in early is when i have to check garchomp or something! for my item choice, i'm selecting air balloon cause' it adds a nice ground-immunity to my team to help overcome stuff like garchomp and even opposing excradrill. i need my excadrill in pristine condition so avoiding spikes is a beneficial factor to his sweep attempt later on. overall, this is one of the best sweepers in the game and applies so much pressure to the opponent.

considering: frustrated and lo.

threats: skarmory and bronzong

2K SPECIAL:
alphabetical order

atticus - team canada!
bad ass - dope nigga but is ghosting recently dont know where this nigga is
bloo - the boss and a strong user. works extremely hard for his badges and is a good battler. this guy stuck around for a long time and has always been there. keep it 100 boy!
blue'wind - this brasil grew up so fast back in his uu days and his gay houndoom avatar. now he's nothing but a no-good avatar biter, lmfaoo. strong user and a sarcastic motherfucker. been my homie since the laddering days of uu shoddy lol!
enz0 - my son.. one of the most promising battlers in smogon! where's frisket?
eo ut mortus - i don't know where this guy is but he's one of those pinoys that just stand there and harass canadians.. but overall hes a p. intelligent battler and he used to grammar check all my shit. lol.
folgorio - the village idiot and one of my good friends on smogon. still the biggest noobs to exist and absolutely hate playing this fucker. overall good mexican! hope one day i can come and stab that smoker in your apartment lol.
fuzznip - DED
goldenknight14 - i don't know where this nigga been but he was chill in littlecup. strong user
haunter - definitely one of the best and consistent rmt mods out there. i used to be scared of this guy, but he isn't that bad once you talk to him. responsible and mature user.. italian_ghost.
hyu_afk - always away on keyboard, but he's definitely a strong jewcanadian and a strong battler. has a mild fetish for spikes but i still love him
huntofthelion - pretty cool guy!
iconig - fellow canadian, wolf pack member, and a cool asian guy! keep it 100 boy.
ironbullet93 - my nigga.. needs to play more bw ou. needs to come on irc more often. we'd have plenty test battles together and made teams together no homo. you definitely surprised everyone by reaching the finals of st and having one of the best uu records on spl. congrats!
jackal - the biggest nigga on smogon. captain canada and wolfpack! thanks for giving me an opportunity to play in wolfpack for two straight years even though you shipped me out it's all good you're still my nigga. we'll take it home for team canada this year i promise you lol.
joshe - ded
jumpluff - cute user! and pretty sociable around irc! i like this user.
jun - DED?
kd24 - good luck with your real life problems man! you're a pretty creative user and i love watching your battles. thanks for introducing me to thundurus that nigga is strong.
legacy raider - one of the old timers of the rate my team forum and i used to look up to you! you should play more often man you were one hell of player and a forum contributor!
love destiny - ded
m dragon - xD
megan fox - promising user in the c&c section and a strong battler overall!
team trials members ~demifoxlovato~ or some homo shit like that lol.
metanite - DED.. really.
pk gaming - i used to really support on your raichu! but this nigga blossomed to one of the most sociable members on smogon. well-versed in his poke intelligence and i give you ratings!
plus - NEEDS TO COME ON MORE.. i miss this dude no homo
reyscarface - yo where is this guy lol i keep hearing him hax people. anyways, this guy was definitely cool back when i used to go to the same channels as him. still need to fight you in cod. overall a cool dude! i miss when you roasted joshe on irc lol
rising_dusk - very responsible, mature and powerful user. from meeting you on bloonip, you were definitely a reliable person when it comes to contributing and you make me laugh for some reason. after reading this paragraph, i feel like a dick rider! but anyways, strong user keep up the good work!
rolf - cool user! fetish for sand.
rt. - strong canadian so non existent nowadays! hope to see you in genv uu
scimjara - we go way back in the friendcodes days! last surviving fc users and strongest. fuck ingo! LOL
setsuna - man whens the last time we talked, you were definitely a great dude to talk to and had many badges you wanted to attack- well, you got em all! congrats and great job on your hard work! need to talk more often!
smurf. - this guy is my nigga, one of the strongest uu battlers on smogon and definitely a cool dude.
snorlaxe - stop changing avatars.. thanks for the gengar grammar check !
tab - silent but a cool user. one of the mods who gave me an infraction and pm'd me to push for my team rating badge thanks! i remember your banana joke and rap lol. p.s emma watson is ugly
thund91 - needs to come on more
uragg - bark bark nigga. strongest chink in uu
whistle - funniest sig on smogon
wilson46 - strong canadian and predicts weird.
xia - needs to come on irc more
ytp - wow what the fuck where'd you go! you're a dope guy needs more irc.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i love f

congrats nigga this team is all kinds of nasty but now you need a new one for wcop !

free earl!!

Hey great team.
On tyranitar you might want to consider stone edge over rockslide as 25bp for 10 less accuracy is well worth it and you might as well considering rock slide doesn't have 100% accuracy so you will be missing some of the time anyway. Plus the chance of a crit is much better than the flinch that rock slide could give as tyranitar isn't going to be going first most of the time. I would also run return/frustration over rock slide on excadrill for the 100% accuracy and higher bp I have tried it out and it works very well as although skarmoury will wall you you won't really beat it with rock slide anyway unless you are at plus 6. You also might want to consider brick break on excadrill to handle other excadrill as I don't see how you can handle other balloon excadrill who have return for landorus. Great team and good luck :)

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
YO frnaky

i've probably played this team over 10ish times by now and i guarantee i hate playing you with it as much as you hate playing me heh.

anyway as you probably know, thundurus is a broken sack of shit and you lack a decent 'counter' or 'check' (L0L! as if it has any). anyway your t-tar's spread can probably be made a bit more defensive since (assuming i did my calcs right since i have no clue how to calc spD boost from SS on tar; just assuming its 1.5 but i think its right since the calcs seem p. accurate!) +2 np thundurus does 349 Atk vs 417 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 376 - 444 (93.07% - 109.90%) after chople berry. Thats p. much a guaranteed ohko after sr. Anyway an easy way to fix that is just maxing out special defense on it and a +spD nature. you can still get ko'd after this but at least you'll have a 66.6% chance of surviving it assuming sr and no prior damage.
698 Atk vs 492 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 318 - 376 (78.71% - 93.07%) I dont think the attack ev's are doing much anyway.

Skarm and natt seem to bother this team a bit like you said. I can't really think of any way to change this up without changing anything that much, but a simple solution might be using fire blast>psychic on slowbro. fire blast will do 236 Atk vs 262 Def & 334 HP (120 Base Power): 156 - 184 (46.71% - 55.09%) which is a guaranteed 2hko on the specially bulkiest skarm in existance. this is probably not going to help you THAT much either but at least its 1 less pokemon skarm can spike on you. i understand that roobushin is the biggest prick in the history of huge pricks but slowbro will still do a decent job vs it and not many people will leave it in anyways. regardless you also have celebi and rand to revenge/check it. fire blast also helps you vs nattorei, forry, scizor, magnezone, celebi and shit like that.

another random thought may be trying out ice beam>rock slide on tar since itll still do a decent number on thundurus while also smacking chomp, rand, and gliscor (which is probably more helpful than it sounds). rapid spin on dory also sounds like a neat idea since skarm gives you so much trouble. replacing x-scissor for it is something id definitely consider trying. x-scissor doest seem to valuable to me seeing as how the lati@s twins get trapped and slapped by tar, rank only takes 10 more bp from that than from EQ, and celebi is very uncommon (UU :[). Id try to keep rock slide to at least touch skarm and be a more effective revenge killer to thundurus

anyway thats pretty much all i can think of thanks for the shoutout man you're one of the coolest guys on smogon and one of the most underrated players ever. congrats on the 2k!!!!!

First off, I am no expert on Pokemon yet and am pretty new to Smogon, but I will try my best. This may seem strange, but Weaville can place a bit of trouble with your team. Although it doesn't see a large amount of usage, Ice Shard from it can put holes in Celebni and Randorusu. It can also Night Slash Slowbro although you could survive with his massive defense, scald it, then switch out. I hioe this helped, and you did a really good job on your team. I am sorry if this wasn't a usefull review however.

Good Luck!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is a really solid team Franky, that goddamn Landlos...

Anyway I don't have anything to say since Folgorio covered just about everything. I could mention some arbitrary threat that your team can't handle etc, to make myself look good but I won't hehe.

Thanks for the mention man, it means a lot to me.

yo franky.

sexy team BR0. I think the team looks complete, you could just sub in pokemon with some similar typing and see how it goes but wtf, this team is B0SS. I really don't got much to say, o go Jolly on dory if you use LO if not stay adamant. and on Tyranitar add some speed to beat stuff with neutral 4 Spe EVs base 50, not sure how much you need though. You could go enough to beat Blissey on speed and take it out of atk, unless those spD EVs are just extra then use those.

Thanks for the shout out man, keep being a cool KNEE GR0W, and good question where is FRISKET????? XD

Live da afro.

hello there,

yea this team is solid. nasty plot celebi is really good, though atm it seems like your main Rotom-w switch in and without recovery or bulk investment, its switchins will be numbered against hp fire variants. if you don't find the speed necessary, you should try this set:

Celebi @ Lefties
Modest l Natural Cure
EVs: 216 HP(or Spdef) / 252 spatk / 40 Spd
-Nasty Plot
-Giga Drain
-HP Fire
-Recover

an obscure threat i can think of would be grass knot mixape with a free turn, but idk that thing is pretty much extinct...

if you really want to be the villain, you should change your user to all caps. gl

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey franky wasup.

I tried this team out for a few matches on the ladder and it is fantastic. Some suggestions though are trying out Rapid Spin on Excadrill as Skarmory and hazards seem to annoy you a bit. This will also slightly help against Ferrothorn as it can't damage your team tomuch through hazards and spikes. I also third Recover on Celebi over Psychic because it can safely deal with Rotom-W / Rain / Ferro with Recover at its side. You could also try out a little bulkier Scizor with Roost > Superpower because dragon stuff can spam stuff like Outrage / Draco Meteor on your team. Lastly I would say try Flamethower / Fire Blast a Spin on Slowbro. This + RS Excadrill gives you a solid defense against spikers like Ferro / Skarm.

***** STARS BR0

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
thanks for all the rates! im actually gonna try out all of it because theyre all good suggestions.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
fraa'nky, mah niggeth (and I ain't toning down on the slurs)

Not much to say, the team is pretty boss. The only thing I can recommend is a change on Celebi's EVs to 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe; with a Modest nature. The EVs are enough to outpace Lucario (who can be a gigantic whore when it's carrying NP and Landorus is weakened), while putting you one HP point under SR damage. That way you get some extra kick when switching into stuff like Rotom and Giga Draining the switch or busting them Skarmory and Jirachi.

Something else i noticed is that you mentioned Reuniclus and Slowbro on the reasons why you use X-Scissor; but the extra damage when compared to EQ is really tiny, and IIRC the Lati twins are OHKOed by +2 Return (don't use Frustration, it means you're a bad Pokemon trainer), so I'd recommend the change to Return as well (you'll miss on hitting Zong though).

Good luck niggeth, thanks for the shout =)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You are amazing. I ripped this team off, tweaked it with the rates provided, and it got me reqs. I love you.

CM Virizion is a pretty big threat. One option to fix that weak would be to change dory to LO with return so that you have the freedom to revenge it around 60%. aerial ace is a gimmicky alternative to that. or you could try a specially bulky sd roost scizor, though that's still a tentative switch in considering focus blast and it opens you up even more to skarm.

edit: If you go with shrang's suggestion and replace Celebi, you might want to look into CM Latias with HP Fire or try to fit in Fire Blast on Slowbro. You're pretty vulnerable to spike-stacking in the first place and that change would give Natt too many opportunities to come in, so I think you need some kind of lure to offset that given it's the #1 used poke.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CM Virizion will cause you a ton of problems, especially ones that run LO (the better one). You haven't got anything that can reliably kill it without losing something important. While Celebi is highly underrated, I would recommend replacing her with Latias, who can fulfill similar duties. Something like:

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Substitute is almost compulsory these days since Tyranitar is so fucking common. With CM, Sub, and Recover, no Virizion will get past you without a crit, as well as other stuff Infernape who no-one cares about. Just a note, don't bother running 252 HP. Latias without SpA investment is so weak it's not funny. You can't even revenge a Garchomp who has lost 25% to Sub with no investment, which is just sad.

I played around with your team and whenever Porygon2 comes out. I get frreeze hacks on Scizor or Excadrill. :( Scizor is not enough to counter Porygon2. Excadrill could set up on it however Ice Beam still hits for close to 1/3ish if not 1/4 of it's hp. TTar takes it like a champ, but Porygon2 will recover all efforts...
I'm new to this stuff so Idk what to improve. Just adding my 2 cents to a pretty awesome team.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I stole this team last night and got to a rating of 1400 in no time at all. I must say, it's pretty good. The biggest problems I've seen/had have been from Specs Politoed/LO Starmie and Mienshao. Politoed does ~60% to Slowbro with Hydro Pump, meaning it ins't a safe switch in, and thus nothing else is either. It usually means a sacrifice to bring in Celebi to threaten a switch. About Mienshao... I ran into them all over the place today and dropped and smashed like an egg. It isn't that it's difficult to KO, however with the combination of Rotom-W and Mienshao, it means dwiddling down your HP to make switches or else lose a Pokemon. Often times it means both. Terrakion also gives this some trouble. It threatens everything on the team, especially the double boost set because then Excadrill's speed isn't gonna be doing anything for it.

Anyway, I'm enjoying using this team; hopefully you don't mind me using it. I plan on tinkering around with it to sort out some of the kinks. So far, I've replaced Psychic on Celebi with Earthpower and Changed Air Balloon to Life Orb on Excadrill.

emma watson is not ugly ): even if she does look like a lesbian now

oh and definately try recover>psychic, i've been using np celebi with recover and a bit more bulk, and it's amazing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)