Strikeout Tournament - Black/White edition (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Tournament rules
Round 1

Strikeout Tournament - Black/White Edition

The Black/White metagame is still relatively young, and has already seen several Pokémon receiving the ban hammer. How will your teambuilding skills fare in an environment where the banlist grows larger each round?

As many of you probably know, a Strikeout Tournament revolves around a progressively larger banlist which force people to adapt their teams to the everchanging banlist. Each round, a player may issue a strikeout - that is, they can PM me the name of a Pokémon of their choice which the opponent won't be able to use for the round. Once I get both strikeouts, I send them to the respective players and ask them to reply with their teams (I only need to know the name of the Pokémon used because I need to know the usage statistics of the tournament battles, I'll explain below).​

Moreover, every round two Pokémon will be globally banned. These two Pokémon are:
- The most used Pokémon of the last round
- The Pokémon who had been "struck out" most​

None of the participants will be able to use these Pokémon for the remaining rounds. The list is cumulative, so every round two additional Pokémon will be banned.​

So, to sum up the rules:​

Tournament Rules:

• Tier: Black/White OU​
  • Singles​
  • Single Elimination​
  • Players can't use the Pokémon which is selected as the strikeout by their respective opponents​
  • Players can't use any Pokémon from the global banlist​
Standard Rules:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Wi-fi Clause
Banned Pokémon for Round 1 stats

With 22 Strikeouts received, Politoed will be banned for this and the future rounds.
Having showed on 15 teams, Tyranitar will be banned for this and the future rounds.

Global Banlist

Politoed
Tyranitar

Announcement: any battler who doesn't send me their teams by the deadline is automatically disqualified, whether they won or lost. You're warned.

Round 2 match ups (people who sent strikeout in blue, winners are bolded)

.Kyuusei. vs Giga Punch
Gotensan vs -Manu-
Blue Tornado vs ENZ0
Fatecrashers vs Limitless
YAYtears vs Razarz
Engineer Pikachu vs kaonohiokala
Heist vs Es.Rayky
B-Lulz vs T-Dogg
Blue Bur vs Mercy
Frizy vs Iconic
Reachzero vs kingofkongs
Cloud Strife. vs Asuya.
JabbaTheGriffin vs purplefingers
tophway vs Bloo
Deathxshinigami vs Pokemonrocks777
Lady Bug vs Gabranth
Yondie vs Bluewind
AlphaJolt vs TobesMcGobes
Lamppost vs Optimusje
fatty vs OcR Master
franky vs PK Gaming
reyscarface vs SevenDeadlySins
Random Pizzaman vs toshimelonhead
Nails vs badabing

Deadline for sending in strikeouts is June 15th, 11:59 AM. If you do not send in your strikeout by that time and your opponent did, you are disqualified - even if this means disqualifying both the battlers.

Deadline for battling is June 22nd, 11:59 AM. Again, even if you win the battle, if you don't PM me your team by then, you are disqualified.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm seriously pissed off.
AlphaJolt told me to get on IRC where he didn't show up until deadline, and then he reappears ?
That's screwed up.

Enjoy your victory, you clearly deserved it.

I sat on IRC for several hours a day during times that worked for our timezone difference for the past few days and I never saw you on there. I did the same on the server and didn't use an alt so that you could see me if you came on. Don't give this bs that "it's all my fault" just because we happened to be on at different times. I tried my part, you tried your part, and it just didn't work out.

Anyway, will start teambuilding. Tobes wants to wait a while before our battle because he's gunna be busy for a while.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shouldn't we wait till after Tuesday when the voting ends? or will it be the current metagame regardless?

Shouldn't we wait till after Tuesday when the voting ends? or will it be the current metagame regardless?
I will ask the Tournament Director about this. Certainly, no bans will affect this round. For the future rounds, my personal stance is for keeping the old metagame as it is, due to the peculiar nature of the Strikeout Tournament it would work best, but I'll ask a TD about what I should do regardless.

Thanks for asking.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Untimely paralysis ruined my chances of winning towards the end. Nonetheless, good game and good luck!

Deadline for sending in Strikeouts came.

Giga Punch, kaonohiokala and Bluewind are disqualified. Henceforth, .Kyuusei., Engineer Pikachu and Yondie advance to the next round.

You others, complete your matches as soon as you can, and don't forget to send me your teams whether you win or lose.

what the, I PMed you the Pokemon lol...
No you didn't. You told me OK on #irc, but then you never PMed me any Strikeout.

EDIT: @Pokémonrocks777: The bans happened lately do not affect this tournament. I had approval from EW on this.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I PMed you the Pokemon on IRC some time after, but you answered nothing, so I thought you had just taken it as a true strikeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)