Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Welcome to the round 53 of Battling 101. I'd like to start by congratulating DC. on winning the tutor tournament for round 51. If you participated in round 52, look for the next tutor tournament in the coming days. If you would like to have a tutor this round, fill out the form provided below. With the Smogon Tour coming up, you may want to take advantage of our tutors for ADV and DPP. They can help you brush up on your skills in those metagames or get you started if you are not familiar with them.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I had to ask my boss if I could get out of work early to post my Pokemon apprentice application.

YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

Assignments

Aerrow
-Miloes

AndViet
-pimpganster

B-Lulz
-Reliking

DracoMalfoy
-San_Pellegrino

ENZ0
-Victini The owneadorrr

EspyJoel
-prem

Eternal
-.I Wish You Well.

hanke
-Charminions

Haunter
-Jaxx

Huntofthelion
-Delebird

Iconic
-Charizard92

JabbaTheGriffin
-LK

Lamppost
-MMF

Limitless
-SubZeroKombat

macle
-MaestroXXVI

Optimusje
-DrakeX47

PK Gaming
-Curtains

Playa
-Shining Latios

reachzero
-cinik

reyscarface
-TalkingLion

Scimjara
-Evire

Seven Deadly Sins
-Heathcliff Huxtable

SkyNet
-Dublinnaser1

Stone_Cold
-ilebronz

twash
-YTP

undisputed
-Jared

yondie
-Mithril

zarator
-Flashstorm1

Zephyr
-Puretrainer

Assigned to twash

Username: YTP
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: YTP
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4-9 PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i play pokemon. bro fist is my son ect

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Assigned to Lamppost

Username:MMF
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:MMF test1, MMF tests me(others like that)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Im on theEastern Time Zone/until next Monday Im free all day and starting on that Monday I'll be free from 3-7 pm EST

What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU or BW UU(OU takes priority)
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a drummer in a local Post-Hardcore band and I love it. Ive played Pokemon since it first came out but about 2 years ago I started doing competitve and haven't looked back. Ive been in the top 10 on the RU ladder many times. I'm pretty good at battling and prediction but team-building is my big weakness. I really want to learn the BW OU metagame and be successful with it. My best playstyles are balanced and offense.

Assigned to SkyNet

Username: Dublinnaser1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dublinnaser1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. 10 AM-4 PM, 9 PM-12 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing since like 2008, but don't really play B/W much, be nice to learn it a little bit more perhaps.

Assigned to Iconic

Username: Charizard92
Shoddy PO Username: [TUS] Charizard92, [TUS] Char92TEST
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, depends on the day as I work and am scheduled random shifts. I know two weeks in advance. Should be okay late most nights in my timezone.
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU, BW OU. BW OU takes priority, but both would be excellent
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy from Southern Ontario, I go to university (should start up the last week of this round, no big deal). I've been competitively battling for over a year, and I'm decent, but I just need that little bit to put me over the edge. think a major part of that is my team building. And hax, but you can't do anything about that ;) Hoping to Rep Canada next world cup ;)

EDIT: I'd prefer a Canadian, especially if they were on the World Cup team, but if not it's okay :)

EDIT #2: If Iconic's up for it, I'd prefer him after checking out the tutor application thread, he seems to have what I need. If not him, then my other preference applies :D

Assigned to Limitless

Username: SubZeroKombat
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SZK
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 , anytime after 5 pm usually
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't done tons of battling and team building outside of monotype teams since 4th gen and I could really use some help with getting back into the game . If possible I'd prefer Zeph as my tutor.. if I get accepted that is .

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff_Huxtable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -7), 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, or ADV OU (tiers listed in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college sophomore who enjoys watching football, playing competitive Pokemon, and spending time with friends/family/etc. I would like to learn about team building and in-battle strategies from an experienced battler in either the BW or the DPPt Standard OU metagame. I'm already familiar with most of the basics of competitive Pokemon, but I think I need help improving my overall level of skill and learning about more advanced concepts

Requesting Seven Deadly Sins or undisputed if available

CP'd from Round 51

Assigned to PK Gaming

Username: Curtains
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Variants of Curtains
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 evenings weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: College student from Detroit. Pretty decent battler just want to take it to the next level.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username: Evire
Pokemon Online Username: Evire / DatVire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 9pm - 3am
Tell us a little about yourself: Im from UK and I'm a decent battler but feel that I can get better with help, and Im pretty serious about getting better. I need help with TeamBuilding, thinking towards the endgame and perhaps some advanced battle strategy :)

PS. Scimjara already agreed to tutor me so i'd like him if possible :)

Assigned to undisputed

Username: Jared
Pokemon Online Username: JaredPwn, Jared[TEST]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 12:00PM-12:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been into the scene of battling for a few years now, but have been at a skill level that I liked to be. I've never seemed to step up to be REALLY good. Want to improve on team building and basic battling skills. Had Skynet last round, but due to timezones and problems on his end we didn't have many sessions.

Assigned to Playa

Username: Shining Latios
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Free Latios, Shining Latios, Vision
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 8 am - 7 pm and 9 pm to 7 am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since I was 4 and playing competitively for almost 3 years. I was never really that good; I made silly mistakes in battling and need basic knowledge of competitive battling. I also have trouble with teambuilding. Outside of Pokemon I enjoy playing Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Video Games.

Assigned to reachzero

Username: cinik
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: cinik
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 8-11 PM any day (11 AM – 11 PM if I have off from work)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I discovered Smogon about 2 years ago and have been lurking the forums and playing casually since then. I would now like to take my skills to the next level. I hope to improve my teambuilding, learn to appreciate synergy, and understand how to make informed in-battle decisions.

If possible, I'd like to request Kevin Garrett. If not, that's totally fine.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username: San_Pellegirno
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: San_pellegrino
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 4 pm to 6 pm once school starts
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm the average busy teen looking to a future, and pokemon is my escape from reailty :] I mainly want to learn ADV because I want to get better at it for the tour.

Assigned to Zephyr

Username: Puretrainer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: I have quite a few but Lotus Sutra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 I can be on just about any time
Tell us a little about yourself: Average college student I usually skate or swim in my spare time and I enjoy a good book as well!

Zephyr has agreed to tutor me so if I could get him that would be nifty

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to EspyJoel

Username: Prem
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Prem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, PST, California
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: last round i was here and had dracomalfoy8 as my tutor for ADV OU, and it was very productive. now i want to learn dpp because i like knowing a lot of metagames. other than that im a 16 year old kid who just got his licence and spends a lot of time on po and irc.

espyjoel has agreeed to tutor me.

Assigned to AndViet

Username: pimpgangster
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: pimpgangster, bobodawg
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 Everyday after 4 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU / BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play A grade soccer and love basketball. Have been playing alot of LC lately but want to get into to UU as well

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Username:LK
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Afterburn

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3 i'm available all day, erryday

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Couple of months ago I started to get decent in BW OU. Then I had to stop playing for 5 months because of real life, and I started to play again recently and I still need to adjust to the current metagame. I really want to improve my battling strategy, such as long-term thinking and prediction, as I am decent in team building, but would like to improve in that too. My goal is to win one of the annual Smogon Tournaments, or at the very least, get as far as the finals or semi-finals. Also with the Smogon Tour coming up, if we have time I'd like to get started on ADV, it's one of those metagames I've never really looked into, and I'd really like to learn it for tour.

Assigned to ENZ0

Username: Victini the owneador
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: .Rainbow Dash-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 14:00 pm to 22:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn: ADV OU, DPP OU, DPP UBER.
Tell us a little about yourself: He pokemon is my game favorite, and Decided get help in smogon university, l hope get lucky. :)

P.D: Sorry for round 52 u.u

Assigned to macle

Username: MaestroXXVI
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MaestroXXVI
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 7-12 pm Tues-Sat, all day Mon-Sun
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Canadian, so if any there are any Canadian tutors out there wanting to show some nationalistic spirit, I'm available :D

Beyond that I'm trying to learn what everyone else is, teambuilding, synergy, prediction, etc.

I have a tendency to think outside the box, but usually to the point where I'm so far outside that what I come up with is too situational to be useful...for instance, a Heatran set that can lure and take out anything not immune to Toxic or Fire one-on-one (yes, even Wish Blissey), but needs a Forretress with Gravity in order to work...a tutor that can teach me how to channel that creativity into something usable would be awesome

Assigned to reyscarface

Username:TalkingLion
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TalkingLion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5 2:00 PM-1:00 AM When school starts 4:00 PM-11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU If possible DP OU and/or ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a young Smogoner who is already somewhat good at the BW UU and OU metagame and wants to get better at it. I also tend to use weird unsuccessful gimmicks a lot such as TrickScarf Claydol and Charm Blissey.

Assigned to zarator

Username: Flashstorm1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Flashstorm1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6; 6 PM - 10 PM CST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Most of the Smogon staff knows me. I left competitive battling about two years ago because I was disappointed with the standard tier at the time, in addition to simply getting bored of Pokemon. Now that the next generation of Pokemon is out, I'm ready to give competitive battling another try.

Assigned to B-Lulz

Username: Reliking
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Reliking
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, most of the day thanks to the summer. (3:PM-12AM are my best times. I can be home whenever)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mostly. (Although if we have time Ive never played ADV before so I'll need to learn)
Tell us a little about yourself: I can only play Ubers and a little bit of UU but I just cant figure out OU this gen. Thats why Im trying for tutoring so I can actually figure out this tier alol. Also I am the biggest Big Brother fan ever, it is amazing. (Actually I love reality TV in general)

Assigned to Optimusje

Username:DrakeX47
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: XxDrakexX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:eastern time zone any hours
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a gamer, I'm beyond competitive, and i want to get VERY good at this. I born in Lakeland, FL raised in Vegas, now live in Winter Haven. Been playing since rby, only recently competitively. Very good at strategy and fresh ideas. Reading and predicting people are my forte. But putting a team together effectively into a team to utilize those ideas is another beast for me.

Assigned to Aerrow

Username: Milos
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Milos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT East 4pm - 4am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW: OU, UU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing Pokemon like 3 years ago, but I left a little before the 5th gen came out..i'm signing up to try to learn the new metagame. I play and watch a lot of sports, like to chill with friends, etc.

Assigned to Huntofthelion

Username:Delebird
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Delebird
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, 10am-10:30pm (i can be flexible)
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU and if there is extra time 5th gen RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a member of smogon for a while, but i just recently came back to playing pokemon online. I compete in the in server tournaments on Pokemon online, the best i have ever done in one was semi-final. My favorite pokemon are Delibird, Politoed, and MeinShao. My favorite sport is cross country and i love to run distance track also. I find i am most successful in Little Cup matches, but good matches in those are rare and hard to come by so i want to expand my reach. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)